Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,337 members, 7,815,670 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:16 PM

When Love Speaks - Literature (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / When Love Speaks (411869 Views)

When Love Happens / When Love Dies - Episode 1 / When Love Dies (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (62) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: When Love Speaks by infant(m): 2:26am On Oct 25, 2018
Episode 27

Jane and Maureen emerged from the flat. They walked to the gate and stood there.

"thank you very much for paying me a visit." Jane said.

"it's nothing. at least, I enjoyed my time here" Maureen responded.

"I'm glad you did" Jane said.

"I hope you have arranged your stuff already. we are returning to school this weekend. school resumes next week" Maureen said.

"I have no plan of resuming next week. I will resume the upper week. I still have a lot to do here" Jane responded.

"don't even think of it. we are resuming next week. You of all people know that the penalty for not being in school when semester begins is 1 semester rustication." Jane said.

"I don't think that law will be enforced" Jane said.

"it will o. you better don't even try to break any of the school rule. we are going back to school this weekend" Maureen said.

"okay, okay, I have heard you. we are returning back to school this weekend." Jane responded.

"better" Maureen said.
"let me start leaving"

"okay, thanks once more for visiting me" Jane said.

They hugged each other and Maureen left.

Jewel sat on a sofa in the sitting room, playing video game. He was so engrossed in the game that he didn't realize when a knock sounded on the door. The door opened and Jane walked in. She went to sit beside Jewel on the sofa.

"Jane!" Jewel called.

"my Jewel, I will miss you. I will miss you a lot." Jane said, sadly.

Jewel stared at her confused. He didn't understand why she was suddenly saying that.

"I'm going back to school this weekend. We are resuming next week. We were given just 2 weeks vacation. I would have spent one more week with you, but you know this private universities and their strict rule. I will be penalized if I'm not in school when school resumes." Jane said.

"we are resuming the upper week. our vacation is also 2 weeks." Jewel responded.

"I will miss you very much, my Jewel. I will miss you so much" Jane said and rest her head on Jewel's shoulder.

Angel sat on a sofa in the sitting room, watching a programme on t.v. A knock sounded on the door. She stood up and went to the door. she opened the door to see Jane.

"Jane!" she called.
"please come in"

Jane entered the sitting room and went to sit on the sofa. Angel sat down beside her.

"Angel, I'm going back to school this weekend." Jane said.

"have you guys resumed already?" Angel asked.

"we are resuming next week. we were given just 2 weeks vacation." Jane said.

"okay, I see. our break is just for 2 weeks also" Angel responded.

"Angel, please take care of my Jewel for me" Jane said.

Angel stared silently at her. she didn't understand why Jane was saying that to her.

"why are you not saying anything?" Jane asked when Angel didn't respond.

"sure, I will take care of him for you" Angel responded.

"thanks very much" Jane said.

"you are welcome" Angel responded.

"also make sure he doesn't look at any other lady in school" Jane said.

"Jewel won't do that" Angel responded.

"I know. I'm just joking. I trust Jewel" she said, smiling.

The new week came sooner than expected. Jane had already returned to school. Jewel and Angel weren't always seen together, most especially because Jessica was always busy. All Jewel does was to play video game from morning till night. He doesn't even bother reading his book.

Jewel sat in the sitting room, playing video game as usual. A knock sounded on his door.

"come in, the door is open." he said without taking his gaze on the screen.

The door opened and Angel walked in. She walked to the sofa and sat down. Jewel paused the game he was playing, when he saw her.

"Angel, how are you?" Jewel asked.

"Jewel, I'm scared." Angel said, instead.

"why are you scared?" Jewel asked.

"we are resuming next week" Angel responded."

"is that why you are scared?" Jewel asked.

"why won't I be scared? Have you forgotten that you have a case to settle with the school authority" Angel said.

"you don't have to be scared. nothing will happen." Jewel assured her.

The truth was that, he was also scared, that was why he spent most of his time playing video game, to take his mind off his worry.

"I pray so too" Angel responded.

"join me, let's play together" Jewel said.

"I don't know how to play" Angel responded.

"let me teach you" Jewel said.

"no thanks" Angel responded.

Jewel playfully pulled her to sit with him.

"I said, I don't want to" Angel said, smiling.

"you must learn" Jewel said.

"okay, okay" Angel responded.

Jewel gave her the game controller and showed her how to play the game.

"it's a football game" Angel said.

"yes" Jewel responded.

"okay, who am I playing against?" Angel asked.

"you are player against Liverpool. your team are the once on black." Jewel responded.

"okay, let's begin the game" Angel said.

"you have to win o." Jewel said.

"don't worry, I will win. you have to trust me" Angel responded.

"I trust you." Jewel said.

"okay, start the game." Angel said.

Jewel pressed the start button and the game began immediately. it didn't take up to 3 minutes for Angel to concede 4 goals.

"I thought you said you will win?" Jewel asked, laughing.

"I can still win the match. it's not over yet" Angel responded.

"but you are already 4 goals down" Jewel said.

"nothing is impossible" Angel responded.

"okay, I'm watching" Jewel said.

Angel continued the game and within 3 minutes, 2 more goals had been scored.

"it seems I will have to assist you" Jewel said, laughing.

"no, don't assist me. I can still win the game" Angel responded.

"you are already 6 goals down" Jewel said.

"nothing is impossible" Angel responded.

"come on let me assist you. you can't win this game on your own." Jewel said and held her hands. He held her hands from behind, which made her back to rest firmly on his chest.

"now, let's play the game" Jewel said.

Angel immediately lost concentration on the game. Jewel's face was so close to hers, which made her a bit uncomfortable. Their faces were just an inch away from each other. She could feel his heartbeat. She took a side glance at Jewel and realized that his attention was only focused on the game. Jewel suddenly turned to face her, and saw her already staring at him. They stared silently at each other. The room suddenly became too hot, even with the air conditions.

Angel suddenly stood up from her seat.

"I'm leaving. see you later" she said and left without waiting for Jewel's response.

Jewel stared at the door, confused. He wondered what he could have done wrong.

All through that week, Angel never visited Jewel in his house again. All their conversation were done through phone calls and text messages.

3 Likes

Re: When Love Speaks by infant(m): 2:28am On Oct 25, 2018
Episode 28

It was a new week and a new semester. Angel had prepared everything she would be taking to school already. Jewel on the other hand had not done any preparation. He knew he has a case to settle in school. He hasn't been himself since the new week began.

Angel dragged her luggage out from the compound. She took it to the cab, parked at the front of the gate. The cab man collected the luggage from her and arranged it in the boot.

"let's start leaving. what are you waiting for?" the cab man asked, when he was done arranging the luggage.

"I'm not going alone. I'm going with my friend. He will soon be here" Angel responded.

Jewel emerged from his compound almost immediately, but wasn't carrying any bags. He went to meet Angel.

"were are your bags?" Angel asked.

"I'm not going with bags. what's the need going with bags. what if I'm rusticated, will I now drag my bags back home" Jewel said.

"God forbid! you will not be rusticated. don't even joke with such a thing" Angel responded.

"okay, I will come back to get my stuff once my name is cleared." Jewel said.

"okay, let's start leaving" Angel said.

They entered the cab and the cab man drove off.

The cab pulled to a stop in front of the school main gate. Jewel and Angel alighted from the cab with the luggage. Angel settled the cab man and he drove off. She turned to face Jewel.

"okay, I will head to my hostel now. I wish you goodluck" Angel said.

"Angel!" Jewel called.

"yes" Angel responded.

"I don't know what might happen next once we go our separate ways from here. I don't know what my fate will be, but I think I have to tell you this right now, because I might not have the change to say it again." he paused and stared deeply into Angel's eyes.
"I like you Angel. I like you a lot"

Angel stared silently at him. She couldn't find the right reply to give. She didn't expect to hear those words from him.

"okay" that was all she could say.

She waited for some minutes to see if Jewel will say anything else, but he didn't. After staring silently at each other for a while, Angel turned and left his presence. She felt Jewel didn't like her response. she wanted to say more than just 'okay' to him, but her mind suddenly went blank.

Jewel stared at her retreating figure for a while, then turned and headed to his own direction.

Jewel's heart missed a beat when he realized he was already standing in front of the senate building. He tried to summon all the courage he could.

"nothing will happen. Jewel you have to be strong" he said to himself.

His heart kept pounding. He took a deep breath and walked into the building to face his predicament.

Angel sat alone in her room in the hostel. she seemed very worried. it had been 4 hours since Jewel went to the senate building to clear his name, and up till that moment, she hasn't heard anything from him. she had been trying to call him but his phone was switched off.

'maybe he is still at the senate building, that's why his phone is switched off. but why are they taking so long to resolve the issue' she thought.

She stood up from her bed and paced up and down in her room. The room was so boring for her. Jessica has not yet resumed.

'maybe she won't resume until next week.' she thought.

If not for the fact that she had to be with Jewel in school, to support him, she wouldn't have resumed also. Lecture usually don't hold in the first week of resumption, so being in school for that week is like a waste of time. Most of her course mates haven't resumed.

She went back to sit on her bed when she was tired pacing up and down. Her phone started ringing immediately she sat down. She grabbed the phone immediately, thinking the call was from Jewel, but it turned out to be Jessica. she picked the call.

"hello Jessica" she said.

"Angel, how are you?" Jessica asked.

"I'm fine and you?"

"I'm fine too" Jessica responded.

"are you still at home?" Angel asked.

"yes o, what about you? have you resumed?"

"yes, I resumed today" Angel responded.

"are you serious? I thought you won't resume until next week, that's why didn't bother coming to school" Jessica said.

"I have resumed already" Angel responded.

"have lecture commenced" Jessica asked.

"I don't think there will be any lecture this week" Angel responded.

"I will be in school tomorrow, since you are already in school. I'm bored staying all alone at home" Jessica said.

"that will be great. I'm already bored, staying alone in this room." Angel said.

"okay dear, see you in school" Jessica said.

"okay love" Angel responded and ended the call.

She dropped the phone and lay on her bed.

Jewel trudge out from the senate building. He had spent over 6hours in there. He stood at the entrance, staring into air. He was in shock. He couldn't walk. His legs were heavy. His vision were becoming blur. He was even too weak to speak. A hot sweat rolled down from his forehead.

"this can't be true. it certainly can't be true. I must be dreaming." He mumbled.

Different voices were sounding in his head.

'no this is not true. I'm just having a nightmare. this is certainly not possible.' he thought.

He managed to trudge along. The distance between the senate building and it gate seemed like eternity for him. He managed to plod ahead until he got to the gate. The first thing he saw when he got to the gate was a crowd staring at a notice board beside the gate. He managed to walk closer to the notice board. He read the heading of what was posted on the notice board.

'the following students have been penalized for examination misconduct.'

He carefully observed the names on the notice board.

The first student was rusticated for 2 semesters, for possessing of unauthorized material in the examination hall. The second student was rusticated for 1 semester, for abetting others to copy. He took his time observing every names on the notice board. He suddenly froze and his eyes widen in shock. He stared at the notice board open mouthed.

"so it is true. I'm not dreaming." he said.

He stared continuously at his name, which was also on the notice board.

"I'm finished" he said.

He slowly turned to leave that place, but collapsed to the floor before he could even take a step.

3 Likes

Re: When Love Speaks by DemiKOL(f): 5:28am On Oct 25, 2018
awwwnn.... poor jewel. thanks for the update op! more wisdom
Re: When Love Speaks by pacifust058(m): 5:59am On Oct 25, 2018
Thanks for the update.. Jewel bro, nothing's gonna happen
Re: When Love Speaks by aprilwise(m): 7:20am On Oct 25, 2018
The person wey set up Jewel him get devil heart.
Re: When Love Speaks by kaystar10(m): 8:17am On Oct 25, 2018
daniel u don shine oo. tanx 4 d update
Re: When Love Speaks by Ann2012(f): 8:18am On Oct 25, 2018
Oh Jewel cry

I pray everything is sorted out soon
Re: When Love Speaks by Mustack: 9:16am On Oct 25, 2018
This is really bad for Jewell oh.
Re: When Love Speaks by dimple571991(m): 10:40am On Oct 25, 2018
Infant come and conclude this story pls, I have never been so captured like this by a story, I am really enjoying it, don't put me in suspense
Re: When Love Speaks by skubido(m): 11:02am On Oct 25, 2018
Hmmmmmm, Ayele

Tanks for the update
Re: When Love Speaks by izaray(f): 11:28am On Oct 25, 2018
Aww...So sorry Jewel the Lord is ur strength, this is not the end of the world
Re: When Love Speaks by bimbotua(f): 11:31am On Oct 25, 2018
OMG!

Why can't I stop these eyes from watering?

Jewellllllllllll! cry

1 Like

Re: When Love Speaks by Treasure17(m): 12:15pm On Oct 25, 2018
Really sad. Definitely you shall overcome jewel. Ayele ooooo. Well done infant.
Re: When Love Speaks by infant(m): 1:05am On Oct 26, 2018
Episode 29

Angel had falling asleep in her room, while waiting for Jewel's call. she lay quietly on her bed. Her phone suddenly started ringing beside her. She woke up and reluctantly sat up on her bed. She took the phone from her bed and stared at the screen to realize that the call was from Jessica. She picked the call immediately.

"hello Jessica" she said.

"Angel have you heard?" Jessica asked, immediately.

"heard what?" Angel asked.

"so you have not heard." Jessica said.

"heard what? Jessica talk to me please" Angel responded.

Angel seemed worried already.

"Angel, I can't be the one to break this news to you. This is a very bad news" Jessica said.

"Jessica, talk to me. you are scaring me. what happened?" Angel asked.

"just visit the school website and see for yourself. I'm really shocked seeing this" Jessica said.

Angel quickly ended the call without asking anymore questions. She quickly log on to the school website. Her heart started pounding in her chest. She knew very well that whatever news that's on the school website would not be a good News. The webpage opened and the first news she saw on the news feed was a list of students penalised for examination misconduct. She froze when she saw that. Without even going through the names, she knew for sure that Jewel's name would be among. That was why Jessica called. She prayed silently for that not to be the case. She quickly went through the names in search for Jewel's name. She froze when she saw his name. She stared at her phone in shock. tears immediately formed in her eyes. She shook her head, trying to hold back her tears but couldn't, because it dropped freely from her eyes. She slowly read the sad news with tears in her eyes.

'Name, Jewel Edward. Offence, smuggling of answer booklet into the examination hall. penalty, expulsion.'

"this can't be. This is nothing possible" she said, shaking her head.

She logged out from the school website and quickly dialed Jewel's number, but it was switched off. She stood up from her bed and stomped out of her room immediately.

Jewel slowly opened his eyes to realize he was in an unfamiliar environment. He was lying on a bed. He carefully observed his environment and realized he was in a hospital. He tried to get up but was too weak. His head still hurts. His mind suddenly flashback to when he was at the senate building, and he realized that he was brought to the hospital because he fainted. The pain he felt back then suddenly resurfaced. He closed his eyes and sighed. The door suddenly opened and his mum walked in.

"mum!" he called, surprised.

His mum went to sit beside him on the bed immediately.

"Jewel, thank God you are awake. I was so worried." his mum said.

"mum I..........."

"don't say anything" his mum cut in immediately.
"I have heard everything that happened. you just have to be strong. This is not the end of the world. When one door closes, another one will surely open. Your future is bright my son. You are destined to be great, and you will surely be great." his mum advised.

"but I didn't do what I was accused of. I was framed" Jewel said, as tears dropped freely from his eyes.

"I know, my son. I know you will never do such a thing. just get some rest. Let me see the doctor. once I get back, we are going back home." Jewel's mum said.

"okay mum" Jewel responded.

Jewel's mum stood up from the bed and left.

Angel opened her door and entered her room. She plodded to her bed and sat down. She looked very tired and frustrated. She had searched everywhere possible in school for Jewel, but couldn't find him. His phone too was still switched off. She had dialed his number many times already. She didn't know how Jewel was feeling. She wanted to be there for him to comfort him. She felt like crying, but crying wouldn't take away the pain she was feeling in her heart. If crying would do that, she would have cried all day. She took her phone and dialed Jewel's number once more, but it was still switched off.

"Jewel, please where are you? please switch on your phone, please. I need to speak with you. I need to be sure that you are okay, for me to have rest of mind. please, Jewel switch on your phone before my heart explodes out of worry" she mumbled.

She stood up from her bed and paced up and down in her room.

"oh God. why is this happening? This is very frustrating. Where could Jewel be." She said and went back to sit on her bed.

She stared silently at her door.

"I can't be in this room anymore. I might just run mad being in this room alone." she said.

She stood up from her bed and left her room immediately.

Jewel sat quietly with his mum and dad in the sitting room. They were all staring silently into air. one could tell that all was not well. Jewel stared from his mum to his dad, but they just kept staring sadly into air. He buried his head in his hands and sighed. After a while of deafening silence, his mum finally spoke.

"honey, what is the way forward now. we can't just sit down and do nothing" she said to her husband.

"yes, we must do something. this can't be the end for Jewel. our only child for that matter. I'm trying to thing of an idea right now" Jewel's father responded.

"I wonder what sort of devil's work is this. why must this happen to our son" Jewel's mum said, sadly.

Jewel's dad turned to face Jewel.

"Jewel, I think the only solution here is for you to consider your grandfather's offer" Jewel's dad said.

Jewel stood up immediately from his seat.

"dad! how can you suggest such a thing. We all know the conditions he gave. How can I consider that" Jewel responded.

"but that's the only option we have. you can't even apply for another school because you were blacklisted. This is the only way for you to secure your future" his dad said.

"I can't do that dad. It will be better if I just go and learn trade. Not everyone are meant to go to school." Jewel responded.

"yes I know not everyone are meant to be in school, but certainly not you. you are very brilliant and need to complete your study." his dad said.

"Jewel, your dad is right. you should consider your grandfather's offer. That will be the best for you" his mum said.

"mum, even you. you agreed to this" Jewel said.

"Jewel, just know that whatever decision we take, it's for your good. we are your parent. we can't deceive you." Jewel's mum said.

"but mum, if I accept that offer, I will have to cut all ties with you guys. my own parent for that matter. who does that." Jewel said.

"it's not like you will truly cut all ties with us. we are your parent and will forever be. You just have to make it look like you have cut all ties with us, to gain your grandfather's favour." his mum said.

The whole issue they were discussing happened many years ago. Jewel's grandfather was actually a wealthy and influential man. He is a billionaire who own a multinational company. His company is spread across all state in the country with branches in many other countries of the world. Jewel's dad was his grandfather only son. His dad was the heir to his grandfather's wealth. He dad was in charge of his grandfather's company. His dad and grandfather had a cordial relationship until his mother appeared into the picture. His dad married his mum against his grandfather's wish. His grandfather wanted his dad to marry his best friend daughter, but his dad disobeyed his grandfather and married his mum instead. From that moment onward, his grandfather cut all ties with his father and vowed never to include his father's name in his will. Ever since then, Jewel's dad and his grandfather had never crossed path. But recently, Jewel's grandfather offered to make Jewel his heir if only Jewel will cut all ties with his parent and come live with him. He promised to make Jewel attend the best university in the world and put him in charge of all his businesses once Jewel graduates from the university. He didn't want Jewel to suffer for the sins of his father. Jewel turned down his offer without even thinking twice. He couldn't accept an offer that would make him cut all ties with his parent.
That same offer that Jewel turned down, was what his parent were asking him to accept now, because that was his only option.

"Jewel, you just have to accept the offer" Jewel's father said when Jewel didn't say anything.
"I have been transferred to a new state. your mum and I will be relocating. you just have to go stay with your grandpa"

Jewel sighed and stared into air.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: When Love Speaks by aprilwise(m): 4:15am On Oct 26, 2018
When one door closes another greater door open. Op you too much.
Re: When Love Speaks by Mustack: 8:14am On Oct 26, 2018
Good one jewel.... This is a grand plan for you...
Re: When Love Speaks by Ann2012(f): 8:34am On Oct 26, 2018
Jewel's Grandpa is wicked

God will see you tru Jewel
Re: When Love Speaks by Gerardo88: 9:08am On Oct 26, 2018
Thumbs up, more updates pls... really nice piece, u are gud
Re: When Love Speaks by JiffJim: 9:17am On Oct 26, 2018
Jewel u shall pull through. another way to greatness.
thank infant for the update
Re: When Love Speaks by Treasure17(m): 12:06pm On Oct 26, 2018
Very dicey situation at the moment. I will suggest you take the offer and move on with your life. Sha propose to Angel on time. Infant I hail thee.
Re: When Love Speaks by Tony142: 12:53pm On Oct 26, 2018
aprilwise:
When one door closes another greater door open. Op you too much.

Exactly, jewel enemies are indirectly pushing him to greatness
Re: When Love Speaks by poyepa(m): 6:40pm On Oct 26, 2018
Jewel don turn big boy be that..... grin
Re: When Love Speaks by Izzykeys051(m): 6:55pm On Oct 26, 2018
This story is captivating... Angel is going to leave school too

nice one infant, update soon o
Re: When Love Speaks by devilmaycry1(m): 7:51pm On Oct 26, 2018
Wow
Re: When Love Speaks by prettieO(f): 8:17pm On Oct 26, 2018
Am addicted to dis story mehnnn tongue tongue...
Thumbs up to the writer
Re: When Love Speaks by Deckline(m): 11:42pm On Oct 26, 2018
There must be a way to prove Jewel's innocence. Daniel must not go scot free.
BTW I doubt if guys like these exist. Its a useless hurdle fighting to get a lady's love. Girls aint really worth the attention but good story OP.
Re: When Love Speaks by Komu1048(m): 12:06am On Oct 27, 2018
Nice one, more wisdom I Jesus Name. May d source never run dry. Update please

1 Like

Re: When Love Speaks by infant(m): 10:34am On Oct 27, 2018
Episode 30

Angel lay on her bed, staring sadly into air. She had been that way ever since she knew that Jewel had been expelled from school. She doesn't even take her meal. The door suddenly opened and Jessica dragged her luggage into the room. She took her luggage to her locker and arranged her stuff in it. She went to meet Angel when she was done and sat down beside her on the bed.

"Angel, how are you?" Jessica asked.

Angel turned to face her without saying a word. Jessica noticed that her eyes were swollen.

"don't tell me you have been crying since" Jessica said.

"I wasn't crying" Angel responded. her voice was not audible enough.

"of course you were. just look at you. do you want to kill yourself?" Jessica asked.

"I'm fine" Angel responded.

"no, you are not fine. look at how you are. if I didn't return to see you this way, who knows what would have happened to you." Jessica said.

"I said I'm fine" Angel responded.

"no, you are not. Before anything, you have to eat something" Jessica said and immediately went to her locker.

She brought out a food flask from her bag and took it to Angel.

"I brought food from home. eat it so that you will gain strength." Jessica said and opened the food flask.

"I'm not hungry" Angel responded.

"even if you are not hungry, just eat something." Jessica said.

Angel sat up and held Jessica's hands.

"don't you get it. Jewel has been expelled from school. Jewel won't be attending classes with us anymore. His future is now in a mess. How do you expect me to be okay after all this" she said, sadly.

Jessica took a deep breath and stared deeply into Angel's eyes.

"I know Jewel has been expelled. but you don't have to kill yourself over it. When one door closes, another one will open. This might be for the best. I know Jewel very well. He won't allow his future to be ruin by this. He is very smart and he will overcome this. That I know for sure." Jessica said.

"how I wish I will just see him. I want to know how he is. His phone is not going through" Angel said.

"I thought you told me that you now live in the same area with Jewel. If you are very worried, why not visit him at home this weekend. I'm very sure he will be at home" Jessica suggested.

"yes, that's what I will do. I will visit him this weekend, to be sure he is okay. I just pray he is okay when I get home" Angel responded.

"He will be fine. Now eat your food" Jessica said.

Angel collected the food and started devouring it immediately. She seemed very hungry.

Jewel sat in the wide and very beautiful sitting room, staring in amazement. It looked as if he was sitting in a palace. Everything in the sitting room seemed like gold to him. He couldn't believe that was the house his grandfather is living in. It looked like a king's home. He couldn't believe that his grandfather had such a mansion and still left his father to be living in just a flat. He felt like giving his grandfather a hard knock on his head. How could someone be that heartless. That's very bad. He knew his grandfather is rich, but he never knew he is very rich. What he saw beat his expectation. He never imagined to be in such a place. The first thing he saw when he walked into the compound were fleet of expensive cars parked in the parking lot. He wondered what his grandfather was doing with all those cars. Even the structure of the building was magnificent. That was his first time of visiting his grandfather. He had never visited his grandfather before. He never knew his grandfather had such a mansion. That would also be the second time he would be meeting with his grandfather. The very first time he met his grandfather was when he just finished high school. That was when his grandfather told him to cut all ties with his parent and come stay with him. That same offer he turned down then, was what he was about to accept. Prior to when he hasn't met his grandfather, he had always thought he had no grandfather. His parent never talked about him. He was made to believe that his grandfather died many years before he was born, but there he was, in the house of his grandfather. He sat down quietly in the sitting room, waiting for his grandfather to arrive. His grandfather suddenly emerged from his room. Jewel stood up immediately he saw him. His grandfather was already 70 years old, but looked like he was still in his early 60's. He command respect. By the look on his face, one can tell that he is very strict. He walked to a high chair in the sitting room and sat down majestically. He raised one of his leg and placed it on the table beside him. Jewel prostrated immediately. Jewel made sure that his forehead touched the floor.

"good afternoon sir" Jewel greeted.

"good afternoon my son. you can get up now." his grandpa responded.

"thank you sir" Jewel said and stood up.

"you can have your seat" his grandpa said.

"thank you sir" Jewel responded and sat down.

"I must say that you made the right decision by accepting my offer. You don't have to be like your father. He is a very stubborn child. I will never forgive him for disobeying me. His action made me lose lot of money. I lost the opportunity of setting my branch in china all because of him. That would have been the biggest achievement for my business. If he had married my friend's daughter, I would have achieved that, but his stubbornness made me lose that opportunity. You don't have to be like you dad. you have to listen to me always" Jewel's grandpa said.

'so you love money more than your son's happiness' that was what Jewel wanted to say, but dare not say it. Instead he shook his head in affirmation.

"okay, since you have accepted my offer, can I have your phone" his grandpa said.

Jewel slowly brought out his phone from his pocket and handed it to him.

"I don't think you will be needing this phone anymore. so I will keep it" his grandpa said.

"but sir, I have some important contacts on that phone." Jewel said.

"since you have accepted my offer, you have to cut all ties with anything that has to do with your past. you will only focus on your future now. Your travel-documents are on the way. I'm sure by weekend, they will be ready. you will be going to the U.S by next week to complete your education. so I see no reason why you still need this phone. You will get a new one and a new line when you get to the U.S." his grandpa said.

Jewel stared at his grandfather in shock. How could he just seize his phone like that with such silly excuse. And he was even planning to call Angel once he leaves his grandfather's house, but how was he going to do that when his grandfather already seized his phone. He knew Angel would be very worried. He wanted to call her and tell her that he is fine, but that can't be achieved because his grandfather already collected his phone. He didn't know Angel's number off hand.

"okay sir, since you say so. I will leave now and return next week when the documents will be ready" Jewel said.

He already planned to use the opportunity to pay Angel a visit in school and tell her not to worry. since he couldn't do that on phone, because his grandfather already collected his phone.

"you will be staying here with me until your documents are ready. you are not allowed to leave this house for any reason. you already cut all ties with your parent the moment you set foot in this house. so there is no home for you to return to. This is your new home.

'not even a final goodbye to my parent!' Jewel wanted to scream.

He was still trying to recover from his first shock and his grandpa immediately hit him with another one. He never expected things to turn out that way. He only came to inform his grandpa that he accept the offer and not to actually start staying with him immediately. His parent would be expecting him back home. If he doesn't return, they would be very worried. And his only way of communicating with them had been cut off.

"but sir, I still need to get my things from my house" Jewel said.

"you don't need those old stuff. Everything you need will be provided for you here" his grandpa responded.

Jewel sighed and surrendered. He knew nothing he would say that would make his grandpa agree with him. He stared into air in frustration.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: When Love Speaks by Treasure17(m): 11:04am On Oct 27, 2018
This your grandfather mean business o. Too strict with his unnecessary conditions. Which way for Angel now. Well done infant. More anointing
Re: When Love Speaks by Slimgenius(f): 12:08pm On Oct 27, 2018
Granpa isn't taking it lightly oo.... I see jewel going places tho but which way for Angel.... Op more ink to ur pen... Getting interesting here
Re: When Love Speaks by Ann2012(f): 12:20pm On Oct 27, 2018
This Grandpa ehn

How will Jewel reach Angel now sad
Re: When Love Speaks by Deckline(m): 12:32pm On Oct 27, 2018
Ann2012:
This Grandpa ehn
How will Jewel reach Angel now sad
He can reach Demon na grin grin

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (62) (Reply)

ANIKE : A Story By Toyin Taiwo / Hidden Diamonds / Kings (where Evil Men Dwells, Bad Things Follow)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 136
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.