Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,411 members, 7,815,919 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:00 PM

When Love Speaks - Literature (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / When Love Speaks (411878 Views)

When Love Happens / When Love Dies - Episode 1 / When Love Dies (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (62) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: When Love Speaks by Ann2012(f): 12:33pm On Oct 27, 2018
grin cheesy Abi

Deckline:

He can reach Demon na grin grin
Re: When Love Speaks by PrudySara(f): 12:52pm On Oct 27, 2018
This Grandpa too strict o... Well, let's see how things unfolds..
Re: When Love Speaks by JiffJim: 1:36pm On Oct 27, 2018
which kind grandpa is this. he has forgotten that death is inevitable. the boy wud definitely have is parents no. offhand that's if he's smart enough and can reach Angel through them.

1 Like

Re: When Love Speaks by aprilwise(m): 1:41pm On Oct 27, 2018
I want a future for Jewel and Angel.
Re: When Love Speaks by toyhin123(f): 1:57pm On Oct 27, 2018
This grandpa own sef too much, haha, se ogun laye ni.
Welldone infant, more ink to ur pen
Re: When Love Speaks by Nobody: 1:59pm On Oct 27, 2018
Thanks for the update
Re: When Love Speaks by Komu1048(m): 4:24pm On Oct 27, 2018
I pity our lover Angel, no doubt they would lose contact
Re: When Love Speaks by pacifust058(m): 11:38pm On Oct 27, 2018
Yawa don gas
Re: When Love Speaks by wizsolzy(m): 9:17am On Oct 28, 2018
Cool story.. but a little bit childish, so many similarities wit other stories on NL.. but e no easy to write sha.. kudos kip it up

1 Like

Re: When Love Speaks by abubakarbabang7(m): 9:26am On Oct 28, 2018
wizsolzy:
Cool story.. but a little bit childish, so many similarities wit other stories on NL.. but e no easy to write sha.. kudos kip it up
just look at how childish ur statement is��. I just dae pity u. Oga infant no mind dis one abeg

2 Likes

Re: When Love Speaks by John944: 12:02pm On Oct 28, 2018
wizsolzy:
Write your own and see if it's easy
Re: When Love Speaks by Nobody: 12:03pm On Oct 28, 2018
wizsolzy:
egbami similarities with what other story again ntorioloun
Re: When Love Speaks by John944: 12:05pm On Oct 28, 2018
Good story
Re: When Love Speaks by Treasure17(m): 12:05pm On Oct 28, 2018
wizsolzy:
Have realised that not everyone will be your cheer leader. There will definitely be one nay Sayer. Infant abeg update us jire...

1 Like

Re: When Love Speaks by Tony142: 12:09pm On Oct 28, 2018
John944:
Write your own and see if it's easy

no mind d idiot
Re: When Love Speaks by dimple571991(m): 1:16pm On Oct 28, 2018
wizsolzy:
Receive sense in Jesus name ,
Drop yours and let's feel what you've got
Re: When Love Speaks by nastynic(m): 1:47pm On Oct 28, 2018
Deckline:

He can reach Demon na grin grin

grin grin grin
Re: When Love Speaks by infant(m): 2:19pm On Oct 28, 2018
Episode 31

Angel opened the gate to Jewel's compound and entered. She had come all the way from school to visit him. She wouldn't have peace of mind until she was sure that Jewel is okay. She stared at the compound and sighed.

"Jewel, I hope you are okay" she said.

No one could be seen in the compound. She walked straight to Jewel's flat without delay. She got to the door and knocked softly on it. She waited for response but there was no response. She knocked again but still got no response. She suddenly realized that the door was locked.

"Jewel is not around. not even his parent are around. Where could they have gone to?" she asked.

She peeped into the flat through the window and realized that the house was empty. not even a single property could be seen in the flat.

"what's going on? where is Jewel and his parent?" she asked.

She suddenly became scared.

"Why is their properties no longer in their flat? This is so sudden. where could they have gone to? Does this have to do with the fact that Jewel got expelled from school?" she asked.

Several questions were on her mind and she needed answers to them. She walked back into the compound to see if there's anyone that would provide answers to her questions. She couldn't find a single soul in the compound. The compound was deserted. It was as if no one live there. She stared into air in frustration. She immediately brought out her phone from her handbag.

"I think I should call Jane. maybe she will know of Jewel's whereabout. Jewel might have contacted her already." she said and dialed Jane's number.

She placed the phone on her ear and waited for her to pick the call.

"hello Angel" Jane's voice sounded at the other end.

"Jane, how are you?" Angel asked.

"I'm fine and you?"

"I'm fine too" Angel responded.

"that's good" Jane said.

"Jane, have you heard from Jewel since you returned to school? has he called you?" Angel asked.

"no, I haven't heard anything from him. I called him 2 days ago but his phone was switched off" Jane responded.

"same here. I have been trying his number for a week now, but it's switched off" Angel said.

"wait! isn't he suppose to be in school with you. Tell me Angel, what's going on?" Jane asked.

"nothing you should worry yourself about" Angel responded.

"you can't tell me it is nothing and expect me to believe you. if it is nothing, why then are you calling me to ask for Jewel's whereabout, when he is suppose to be in school with you. Angel, tell me what the problem is. I need to know. I have the right to know." Jane said.

Angel took a deep breath.

"Jane" she called.

"yes Angel" Jane responded.

"Jewel was expelled from school" she said, bitterly.

"what!!" Jane exclaimed, immediately.
"how come? what was his offence? what did he do wrong? why will Jewel be expelled? Angel, please talk to me. I need answers"

"he was caught with answer booklet in the examination hall" Angel responded.

"Jewel would never do such a thing. Jewel would never cheat in an exam" Jane said.

"I know he didn't do it. I know Jewel would never do such. He was framed" Angel responded.

"but who could have framed him?" Jane asked.

"that's not the issue at hand now. The issue at hand now is that I haven't set my eyes on Jewel since he was expelled and I'm worried." Angel responded.

"why not go back home to see if he is alright. I'm sure he would have gone home already." Jane said.

"do you think I will be calling you if I haven't done that. I'm currently in Jewel's compound as we speak. I have checked there flat but it is vacant. Not even a single property can be seen in their flat." Angel responded.

"what could this mean. could it be that they have relocated." Jane said.

"relocated! why will they relocate all of a sudden?" Angel asked.

"my Jewel, where are you? why would this happen to you" Jane said.

"Jane, I will come you back when I have any information about Jewel" Angel said.

"please do, I'm so worried" Jane responded.

"okay, take care dear" Angel said and ended the call.

A lady emerged from one of the flats immediately Angel ended the call. Angel heaved a sigh of relief when she saw her. At least she can ask her why Jewel's flat is vacant. She approached the lady immediately.

"good afternoon" she greeted.

"good afternoon" the lady responded.

"please where are the occupant of that flat?" she asked, pointing at Jewel's flat.

"They have relocated to a new area" the lady responded.

'so it's true. they have relocated. but why will they suddenly move out' Angel thought.

"when did they move out?" Angel asked.

"just yesterday" the lady responded.

"why did they move out all of a sudden?" Angel asked.

"I really don't know" the lady responded.

"have you seen Jewel this week? has he returned home from school? Did he move out with his parent?" Angel asked.

"I saw Jewel earlier this week when he was brought home from the hospital. I don't think everything is okay, because Jewel looked paled and his parent looked sad. Just a day after he returned home from hospital, he left home and didn't return. Up till this moment, I still don't know where Jewel is. His parent relocated without knowing the whereabout of their son. I think there was a misunderstanding between Jewel and his parent, that was why he left home, but I'm not sure what the problem really is" the lady explained.

Angel stared at the lady in shock. From all she just narrated to her, it was obvious that all was not well.

'so Jewel was even in the hospital.' she thought.
'but why did he left home? could it be that his parent has disowned him, because he was expelled from school. could it be that his parent disowned him because they thought he brought shame to their family. Jewel where can you be now? Is this how your future will be ruined'

"do you know where his parent relocated to?" Angel asked.

"no I don't, but I'm sure it is not in this state." the lady responded.

Angel stared at the lady in frustration. She was even too weak to ask another question. Different thought were on her mind.

"okay, thank you. I will take my leave now" Angel said.

"you are welcome" the lady responded.

The moment Angel turned to leave, a sharp pain struck her in her head.

"urrrrghhhh!!" she screamed.

The lady approached her immediately and held her.

"are you okay?" the lady asked.

"I'm fine" she responded.

She tried to take a step and the pain struck her again.

"urrrrrrrggggghhhh!!!" she screamed even louder this time.

"are you sure you are okay?" the lady asked again.

"I think I'm having headache. Is there any pharmacy around here?" Angel asked.

"yes there is" the lady responded.

"please take me there" Angel said.

"okay" the lady responded.

The lady assisted Angel and they left the compound immediately.

Jewel emerged from his room to see his grandfather sitting on a sofa in the sitting room. His grandpa was reading a newspaper. Jewel had been in his room all day doing nothing. He walked to meet his grandpa.

"good afternoon sir" Jewel greeted.

His grandpa looked up from the newspaper he was reading.

"you are awake already." his grandpa said.

He wasn't even sleeping. He was just resting in his room.

"Your documents are here already. come and take a look at it" his grandpa said.

Jewel noticed an envelope beside his grandpa.
'Maybe it will contain the documents' he thought.

Jewel went to sit beside his grandpa on the sofa. His grandpa opened the envelope and brought out the documents in it.

"this is your passport" he said and showed Jewel the passport.
"why the remaining documents are your visa, your travel insurance, your air ticket and your proof of accommodation. you will be leaving in 2 days time"

Jewel stared silently at the documents. Even if that was a sure way to secure his future, he still didn't look much happy.

'so this is how everything turns out. I won't have to see my parent before I leave. I won't even have to meet Angel. I know how worried she would be by now. Will I ever meet her again? once I leave for the U.S, I will lose all form of contact. The chance of ever meeting her again is very slim. Where exactly will I even meet her. The world is very big and some people who lost contact never meet again in there life time. Would that be the case for Angel and I. Is there a chance that we will ever meet again. She would have graduated from the university before I return from the state. Is this the end for us? Are we never meant to be together? Is this our destiny? This is really sad' Jewel thought.

He continued staring sadly at the documents.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: When Love Speaks by Harzeezh123: 2:59pm On Oct 28, 2018
u writing aspect is uncompareable u ar such a genius more blessings fall on u update sharparly pls we dey with u
Re: When Love Speaks by Deckline(m): 3:12pm On Oct 28, 2018
wizsolzy:
Truth be told,you have a point though. Stories like this can be easily predictable but you just need to enjoy every bit of it. Happy sunday.

1 Like

Re: When Love Speaks by Treasure17(m): 4:20pm On Oct 28, 2018
The grandfather should let jewel meet his parents nah for the last time before he travels. Haba. How I wish angel can locate jewel. Nice one infant.
Re: When Love Speaks by aprilwise(m): 4:54pm On Oct 28, 2018
I pray Jewel and Angel should meet again in the future.
Re: When Love Speaks by Komu1048(m): 4:56pm On Oct 28, 2018
Why now, so angel n jewel are going to loose contact
Re: When Love Speaks by Mustack: 7:33pm On Oct 28, 2018
wizsolzy:
You should be trown out of the window if you cant see any good thing here...
Re: When Love Speaks by wizsolzy(m): 8:28pm On Oct 28, 2018
I don't hv time to reply all these mumu mentioning me here
Re: When Love Speaks by skubido(m): 10:01pm On Oct 28, 2018
Nawa oooo,,, Daniel ur cap go soon full,,

Tanks for the update

1 Like

Re: When Love Speaks by infant(m): 6:14pm On Oct 29, 2018
Episode 32

Angel lay quietly on her bed. She hasn't returned to school yet. She was told to have enough rest because her blood pressure was high, which was as a result of too much thinking. She was also advised to erase any thought from her mind that would make her blood pressure to rise. She didn't plan to return to school that week. She needed to gain enough strength before resuming. Her phone suddenly started ringing beside her on her bed. She took the phone and picked the call when she realized it was from Jessica.

"hello Jessica" Angel said.

"how far Angel, did you get to meet Jewel?" Jessica asked.

"no, they relocated already" Angel responded.

"but why would they move out all of a sudden?" Jessica asked.

"I don't know" Angel responded.

"so when are you returning to school?" Jessica asked.

"I'm not returning until next week" Angel responded.

"why?" Jessica asked.

"I'm not feeling too well. The doctor said that I have high blood pressure." Angel responded.

"see what I'm talking about. Angel, I think it's high time you forgot about Jewel. You need to take care of yourself. You just have to believe that Jewel is okay wherever he is. You have to focus on your study. If you continue this way, it might hinder you from achieving great things in life. You have your own future ahead of you. please don't do something you might end up regretting later. your parent sent you to school to study. Do not disappoint them. I know they will be expecting the best from you. Just believe that everything that has happened is for the best. focus on your study alone and not on other things. I hope you will listen to my advice." Jessica advised.

"Jessica, thank you very much for your advice. It shows that you are truly my friend. I promise to yield to your advice. Thanks for your care" Angel said.

"you are welcome" Jessica responded.

"talk to you later" Angel said and ended the call.

She sat up on her bed and heaved a sigh of relief.

"Jewel, I have done everything possible to contact you but to no avail. Even to the extent that it's now affecting my health. It seems things were meant to be this way. I think it's time for me to move on with my life. I hope you will do same also. I hope you will not allow your life be ruined by this. I wish you well in your future endeavour. Starting from now no, I will stop worrying about you. I will only focus on my study from now on. I will strive to be great. I will achieve great things in life. That's my future now. you are no more part of my future, so I will erase all memories I have of you. that's what I will do. goodbye Jewel" she said.

She stood up from her bed and left her room.

A car pulled to a stop at the airport. Jewel could be seen sitting beside the driver at the front seat of the car, while his grandpa was occupying the back seat. Jewel alighted immediately and went to open the door for his grandpa. His grandpa alighted also. The driver quickly went to the boot to get Jewel's belongings.

"so my son, everything is now in your hand. I hope you will make me proud. Be on your best behavior when you get there. study very hard and achieve the best. I want you to make me very proud when you return. I know you will do that" his grandpa said.

"yes sir, I will surely make you proud" Jewel responded.

"that's my boy. Now go on, so that you won't miss your flight." his grandpa said.

"okay sir" he responded and waved his grandpa goodbye.

He dragged his luggage and walked to the airport. He entered the airport in the section of his airline carrier, and located their counter. When he got to the check-in desk, he brought out his ticket and passport and gave to the attendant he met.

The attendant quickly examined the documents. Jewel's boarding pass was immediately printed and handed to him, together with his passport and ticket.

Jewel handed his luggage to the attendant for it to be checked. He headed straight to the security with his boarding pass in hand. A security agent checked his boarding pass and his passport, and then he passed through the security check. All of his belongings were placed in bins and sent through an x-ray machine while he was being checked over in a separate machine.

When he was done with the security, he got his bags re-packed and put his shoes back on and went straight to wait for his plane in the terminal.

He sat quietly in the departure lounge waiting for his flight to be announced. His mind suddenly drifted to Angel. He waved the thought aside and tried not to think of anything that would make him sad.

'Angel will be okay. I'm very such of that. I need to do this. This is the only way for me to be great in life. This is for my good. This is the last time I will think about Angel. After today, I will try and erase all memories of her from my mind. I need to focus on my study abroad, and there is no how I will do that if I keep having memory of her. This is just like a second chance for me to be successful in life. If I waste this opportunity, I might not get another one. Angel, this will be the last time I will think about you. I hope you also do same. I have a future ahead and I need to secure it. bye Angel. It was great knowing you.'

The voice of a gate attendant distracted him from his thought. She was announcing that it was time to board the plane. Jewel stood up and went to join the queue at the gate. A gate attendant checked his boarding pass and passport. After that, he walked down the hallway that leads up to his plane and entered the aircraft. The door closed when everyone had entered. The plane took off some minutes later.

Angel resumed school the following week. She had forgotten about Jewel and move on with her life. She made sure she studied very hard. She refused to associate herself with guys and didn't make even friends with them. Henry automatically became her enemy and she made sure she didn't go close to him. She made sure she didn't get involved in other people business. That was how she lived her life all through in school.

11 Likes

Re: When Love Speaks by skubido(m): 6:24pm On Oct 29, 2018
Nawa oooo

OP tanks for the update
Re: When Love Speaks by Mustack: 6:52pm On Oct 29, 2018
I hope the secrete of that bastard will be revealed...
Re: When Love Speaks by thobbie007(m): 7:25pm On Oct 29, 2018
Following bumper to bumper....... More wisdom fall on u brov
Re: When Love Speaks by pacifust058(m): 7:50pm On Oct 29, 2018
Thanks for the update o
Re: When Love Speaks by toyhin123(f): 9:20pm On Oct 29, 2018
Thanks for d update

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (62) (Reply)

ANIKE : A Story By Toyin Taiwo / Hidden Diamonds / Kings (where Evil Men Dwells, Bad Things Follow)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.