Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,269 members, 7,836,213 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 11:19 PM

My Greatest Challenge As An Orphan - Family (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Greatest Challenge As An Orphan (32301 Views)

[agony Of An Orphan] Sign The Documents Or Forget About Your Education Dream / He Wants To Marry An Orphan ?? / It's Easily For An Orphan To Marry a Wrong Wife (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (24) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Greatest Challenge As An Orphan by Ivynwa(f): 7:43pm On May 28, 2010
Poster, I saw where you mentioned wanting to study nursing. Run with it, it is a good course of study, I will advise you get into a business while studying nursing. When you graduate, many people here can help you with the connection with which to travel to the west and earn very well. If they succeed with a job for you here, it is still good but see how you can study that nursing okay Baby.
Re: My Greatest Challenge As An Orphan by mbulela: 12:59am On May 29, 2010
aisha2:

get Well sister
I am still waiting for you o!
wetin dey happen?
Re: My Greatest Challenge As An Orphan by Nobody: 9:39am On May 29, 2010
mbulela:

I am still waiting for you o!
wetin dey happen?
Bros, Sorry oh. Working with these Widows can be tricky, I have to cross a lot of Ts and properly dot the Is to prevent any stories. The Secod one you reseleceted cannot be reached so I am trying to make physical contact with The serious ones so that by Tuesday, we can put this behind us. It is very important to be really careful and meticulus in this our work thus the delay.
Thanks
Beyound that, each year we host a football tournment for all the orphaages in Abuja, the finals for this year comes up next week so it has been a crazy week for me. No Vex
Re: My Greatest Challenge As An Orphan by mbulela: 11:59am On May 29, 2010
aisha2:

Bros, Sorry oh. Working with these Widows can be tricky, I have to cross a lot of Ts and properly dot the Is to prevent any stories. The Secod one you reseleceted cannot be reached so I am trying to make physical contact with The serious ones so that by Tuesday, we can put this behind us. It is very important to be really careful and meticulus in this our work thus the delay.
Thanks
Beyound that, each year we host a football tournment for all the orphaages in Abuja, the finals for this year comes up next week so it has been a crazy week for me. No Vex

check your mailbox i beg.
Re: My Greatest Challenge As An Orphan by Iranoladun(f): 7:23pm On May 30, 2010
I'm deeply touched by the humbleness that the poster has displayed. I'm equally flabbergasted with the so many genuine offers of help in response to Menek's post.

I'm posting from my phone as soon as I have access to my laptop I'd check out Aisha mail so that I can be part of this noble gesture.

God bless you all!
Re: My Greatest Challenge As An Orphan by Nobody: 4:41am On May 31, 2010
It has been almost two weeks since brother Menek has made his plea on Nairaland. And, our relief effort hasn’t taken off yet. This makes me feel like an impatient passenger who is sitting in an airplane that is taxiing down the runway and that is waiting for instruction from Air Traffic Control to take off.

When are we taking off? Wonder how brother menek has been feeding thus far?

I have pledged US $300 into this relief effort. I can’t hold onto this money any longer for fear of spending it into something trivial

Therefore, I am taking action.

I have decided to send him my pledge of US $300 so that he can use it on his basics needs pending the relief effort.

I just sent him the first portion of US $100 (One hundred Dollars) via western Union. Once he confirms receipt, I will send him the remaining US $200 (Two hundreds Dollars). Details of the transferred had been given to him.

This is one of those times when we should come together as ONE.

May the Lord bless each and everyone of you,

I love you all,

The brother from TheCongo
Re: My Greatest Challenge As An Orphan by Nobody: 8:46am On May 31, 2010
^^^^
God bless you. You are a real man, not all those promising what they don't have.
Re: My Greatest Challenge As An Orphan by Bestglo(f): 9:47am On May 31, 2010
@ Congo, i'm impressed

May God richly bless u & all those who are still willing 2 help
Re: My Greatest Challenge As An Orphan by Ivynwa(f): 3:12pm On May 31, 2010
The Congo is the BOMB! Come on, who said he isn't? Salute! Mr. Congo.
Re: My Greatest Challenge As An Orphan by Scooby1(m): 3:39pm On May 31, 2010
Mr Congo, thank you & God bless you.
Re: My Greatest Challenge As An Orphan by OnyinyeGod(f): 4:19pm On May 31, 2010
Mr CONGO, MAY MY GOD RICHLY BLESS U
Re: My Greatest Challenge As An Orphan by menek(m): 4:59pm On May 31, 2010
I am so pleased by your effort, comment and reactions. I have hope now. I can feels someones prayer.i know that at dawn my story will never remain the same. God, what i ask of is wisdom. Wisdom to tap from what ever is entrusted into my care to become relevant in the society. As you lock fingers with mine to lift me out of the dust. Let the angels in heaven lock theirs into yours, to lift you also. On my own, i may not have much to pay back. It is only God, the owner of the life that is (in me) about to be transform that can reward you all. @thecongo u are so instrumental to my success, i feels happier after i read your mail. Let God not only bless but melt your difficulties when they arises.u are so nice to me. I promise never to put your hard earn notes to shame. I will maximize and let it form part of the rent, on confirmation, i will let u know. Heaven rain favour on you.bless
Re: My Greatest Challenge As An Orphan by Ivynwa(f): 7:38pm On May 31, 2010
Alleluiah, Glory to God! This is how we should all live, being one another's brother irrespective of tribe, country, continent and race. Isn't this heavenly? Let us build up instead of pulling down and delight in the welfare of others. Somebody Shout! Make some noise! (Don't mind me, sometimes I do forget I am not in the church but shouldn't we glory in the lord at all times?)
Re: My Greatest Challenge As An Orphan by Nobody: 6:13pm On Jun 03, 2010
Re: My Greatest Challenge As An Orphan by OAM4J: 6:27pm On Jun 03, 2010
Exactly chaircover. We need an update.

and what is the prospect of the job offer from chiejik?
Re: My Greatest Challenge As An Orphan by menek(m): 4:31pm On Jun 04, 2010
@thecongo, i dont know were to start thanking u from and were to end, till tomorrow i will still be thanking u. It all shock me. u amaze me alot. It is only God that can reward u. Nl pls keep thanking him for me. The money is approx. 45k. to said that i've never had such amount in my account may sound funny, but it's the truth. I think of it most time and my eyes became wet. My uncle that i've fixed my eyes on for help has never render such help. Yet here, was someone that i've never met me before coming to my aid. The God of creation will definately reward u. On my part, i've decided that; this money must be a part of what ever i shall become in life, ( cos i've known what it means to leave with nothing). @AOMJ4 and CHAIRCOVER, i'm very happy u guys are still here with me. Chiejik told me she's still on her feet persuading her boss to consider me. You know it is not so easy picking someone all of a sudden, especially when no vacancy existed. It is my humble wish u keep praying for me as she continue to intensify effort. I know the God that holds the heart of kings and queen will persuade her boss to accept me soon. It is already weekend, i hope that, during or before next week runs out i will be able to get final details from her then relay u. i'm very happy knowing that u are still here with me. thank u so much brother AOMJ4 and CHAIRCOVER. til tomorrow when i will come back to the cafe.
Re: My Greatest Challenge As An Orphan by OAM4J: 5:04pm On Jun 04, 2010
Good. I pray the job materialized.

On the other hand it would be good not to put all your eggs/hope in one basket. Any alternate plan?

@TheCongo

May God bless you. You are a good challenge.

Where I am, if you mention Congo, the 1st thing that comes to mind is poverty and sufferings, but you have shown, that is not the whole picture.

Who would have believed this lovely gesture could come from Congo? You have just proved my campaign that the stories of Africa in the eye of the world is less than half truth.

Thank you and God bless you!
Re: My Greatest Challenge As An Orphan by Scooby1(m): 5:42pm On Jun 04, 2010
Mr Congo God Bless you for your kind gesture.

@Menek May the Lord give you the strength & courage to overcome the obstacles in your path.
Re: My Greatest Challenge As An Orphan by cvibe: 2:20pm On Jun 05, 2010
Menek,

Where is your present location? Send us a copy of your CV by email.
Re: My Greatest Challenge As An Orphan by Nobody: 4:01pm On Jun 05, 2010
cvibe:

Menek,

Where is your present location? Send us a copy of your CV by email.

Drop your email for him to send it to.
Re: My Greatest Challenge As An Orphan by menek(m): 4:58pm On Jun 05, 2010
Oh, thank u all for the wonderful
Re: My Greatest Challenge As An Orphan by skfa1: 5:04pm On Jun 05, 2010
So something good finally happened, praise God.

This is how I want Nigerians to hold each other.
Re: My Greatest Challenge As An Orphan by r231(m): 6:00pm On Jun 05, 2010
menek:

Oh, thank u all for the wonderful response. I'm happy. Well, chiejik is still making effort, it seems are heaLth kept her from the office all this while. By weekend, i will get the final detail. @cvibe, in one community around Bori, Rivers state. I shall tell u more via mail and as well send the CV. my email; menekpigi4all@gmail.com. The cafe administrator just told me they open on Sundays but not always. In any case, if i can not reply u tomorrow definitely on Monday. my gprs stop working. thank u all. Remain bless.

check you email when you get a chance bro

take care
Re: My Greatest Challenge As An Orphan by menek(m): 6:43pm On Jun 05, 2010
@r231, i'm still here. thanks alot. i've send a mail to u
Re: My Greatest Challenge As An Orphan by safeact(m): 10:56pm On Jun 05, 2010
we ar d cause of our problems. People now live in fear out of what is actually happening in d world. So many scammers and frausters hv taken to our streets making it difficult to dictate d people that actually need d assistance of people! It is worthy of note and commendable when one takes a bold step like congo to alleviate d poverty of an individual u hv never known. 2things come to mind when doing dis: either it is scam or real. In any case, experience they say has made us to be cautious.
Re: My Greatest Challenge As An Orphan by menek(m): 4:08pm On Jun 07, 2010
@Thecongo i am still grateful to you. i didn't know that my little post that sunday will turn out to be my help. There are many that wish to help even in ther own difficult situaton too but have limited resourceS. the God of favour will definitely open door for you. @Thecongo you would never understand what u did in my life. The God of favour will definitely locate u where ever u are. Do u know that it was, i know my redeemer liveth, i will not continue to share a sad story. sooner than expected my story will change. I will be more comfortable sharing it in a testimony. It is my humble wish you keep praying for job with me.
Re: My Greatest Challenge As An Orphan by menek(m): 5:21pm On Jun 07, 2010
@cvibe i want to send the cv to u, but do not k
Re: My Greatest Challenge As An Orphan by menek(m): 5:26pm On Jun 07, 2010
@chiejik i've send a mail to your box
Re: My Greatest Challenge As An Orphan by Nobody: 9:13am On Jun 08, 2010
*roooooolz eyez*
Re: My Greatest Challenge As An Orphan by tigerpaws(f): 1:45pm On Jun 08, 2010
@post

******roooooolz eyez********  

safeact:

we ar d cause of our problems. People now live in fear out of what is actually happening in d world. So many scammers and frausters hv taken to our streets making it difficult to dictate d people that actually need d assistance of people! [size=16pt]It is worthy of note and commendable when one takes a bold step like congo to alleviate d poverty of an individual u hv never known. 2things come to mind when doing dis: either it is scam or real[/size]. In any case, experience they say has made us to be cautious.

Brilliant!!!!   kiss    kiss    kiss
Re: My Greatest Challenge As An Orphan by menek(m): 5:46pm On Jun 08, 2010
I know that i have God, though when troubles overwhelm me i cried and forgot that he existed. You would remembered, i told you in my first post on this tread that one of my uncle, the second one ( they are three) claim ownership of the land that was given to me. He vow never to allow me use it because i do not belong to his father . Just last week, the third one summon him still over land issue. They have argue that even the land that is in his possesion do not belong to him and so should be hand over to me. I have made up my mind never to involve in fighting for property. I know if God help me, i will afford one. I feels ashame telling about myself. The way my uncles treated me makes my mum's husband to be unfair to me. Y ou would be surprise, if i tell you that my mum's husband used to lock the kitchen whenever he sees me coming, so that my mum can not bring out food for me. He said, my uncle did not tell him to marry me together with my mum. To me, i had always believe my case is worse than that of an orphan. My biological father is late, my mum is in another home, my uncle rejected me. I'm like a stranger on the surface of the earth, even an orphan lay his head in his late father's house at night. Right now i'm living in the mud house constructed by my late grand mum. My third uncle's wife has been giving me sign to leave. In my primary sch days, i could remembered when my second uncle's wife told me this " you are going to see suffer in this world" as a kid i didn't understand this statement, but now i understood why she make that statement. Since man is not the one that brought me into this world, i know my redeemer liveth. keep praying for me please.
Re: My Greatest Challenge As An Orphan by Nobody: 5:56pm On Jun 08, 2010
Menek, I can only Imagine how you feel. Its hard to feel rejected, am also very sensitive and as tough as I am things can get to me. I hope Chijek will get through with positive news soon. It will be good by the Grace of God

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (24) (Reply)

Wife Drags Husband To Court For Calling Her ”prostitute” / I Can't Forgive My Late Mummy And My Daddy / Real Reasons People Get Married But Won't Tell Their Partners

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.