Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,037 members, 7,835,499 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 10:57 AM

My Greatest Challenge As An Orphan - Family (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Greatest Challenge As An Orphan (32299 Views)

[agony Of An Orphan] Sign The Documents Or Forget About Your Education Dream / He Wants To Marry An Orphan ?? / It's Easily For An Orphan To Marry a Wrong Wife (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (24) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Greatest Challenge As An Orphan by Odunnu: 1:05pm On May 24, 2010
Against all odds!!!
Re: My Greatest Challenge As An Orphan by honeric01(m): 1:21pm On May 24, 2010
Odunnu:

Against all odds!!!

come on, let me intimate with you wink
Re: My Greatest Challenge As An Orphan by mbulela: 2:35pm On May 24, 2010
mbulela:

Aisha,
Please check your mailbox.

Cheers,
Re: My Greatest Challenge As An Orphan by OAM4J: 2:38pm On May 24, 2010
Ujujoan:

Aint' you just a regular Mother Teresa!  cheesy

I'm not against your good works Aisha, beleive me, so there was no need for  you (and your followers) to get defensive over that Joshua comment. It was just an enquiry with no pun intended.

Newayz I'm outta here. I have people with real troubles who need my help!  cool

bye bye! mind the door on your way out and hope you didnt forget your 'iborun'
Re: My Greatest Challenge As An Orphan by Nobody: 3:20pm On May 24, 2010
Mayflowa:

@ TheCongo.
Welcome. You have a beautiful wife up there. Is she a Nigerian or a Congolese? i admire u and your big heart.

Thanks! My wife and I are both Congolese and I am falling in love with Nigeria through nairaland. I have a high regard for nairaland.   There is no shadow of doubt that Nigeria is the heavyweight of Africa.

@Menek
Brother menek, cheer up. We are with you all the way ,
Re: My Greatest Challenge As An Orphan by Nobody: 6:14pm On May 24, 2010
Hello Everybody!!!!!!

Aisha please have you heard from chiejik?
Re: My Greatest Challenge As An Orphan by KGNAIRA: 6:33pm On May 24, 2010
I am sorry. I can't trust this whole thing. To many inconstitencies. It took this guy too long answer basic questions. I am also suprised that he has suddenly become very active. His post are now more regular.

My conclusion: if this guy was real, he would have shown more drive. I don't think I saw that.

I am also suprised that Radiant is suddenly asking for money for this guy when the initial agreement was to secure him a job and rent him an accommodation.

Disappointing end for me.

I am not asking for a reaction/reply to this pls

Thank you
Re: My Greatest Challenge As An Orphan by Nobody: 7:05pm On May 24, 2010
KG_NAIRA:

I am sorry. I can't trust this whole thing. To many inconstitencies. It took this guy too long answer basic questions. I am also suprised that he has suddenly become very active. His post are now more regular.

My conclusion: if this guy was real, he would have shown more drive. I don't think I saw that.

I am also suprised that Radiant is suddenly asking for money for this guy when the initial agreement was to secure him a job and rent him an accommodation.

Disappointing end for me.

I am not asking for a reaction/reply to this pls

Thank you

BS!!!!!!!
Re: My Greatest Challenge As An Orphan by Radiant(f): 11:19pm On May 24, 2010
KG_NAIRA:

I was the first person to reply Menek and if you read that first post carefully you'll see where I suggested he starts a business first. To be honest I still wish that will be the plan but I can't push it, can I?
There's nothing "sudden" about my intentions.

It's okay to feel disappointed. As long as you can sleep at night I'm happy.
Re: My Greatest Challenge As An Orphan by Nobody: 11:32pm On May 24, 2010
aisha2:

You dont have to annouce your exit Madam Uju, You really add no value here sso you will not be missed.

Exactly, admired one, my thoughts are verbatim.
Re: My Greatest Challenge As An Orphan by Mayflowa(m): 11:46pm On May 24, 2010
UJUJOAN is something else. i have this deep seated respect for her before. Not anymore!
Re: My Greatest Challenge As An Orphan by menek(m): 2:48am On May 25, 2010
@KG naira, i was not even seeking for the job nor accommodation. People read my post and felt like helping me. Why not just leave me alone. Even though i ended up selling sachet water along the road, with encouragement i know i will survive. Pls i'm begging u to leave me alone. If u doubted me, why not call me? I will take u to home.
Re: My Greatest Challenge As An Orphan by Bim4u: 7:06am On May 25, 2010
@menek
you don't have to explain anything to anybody
people would always give their opinion about things becos the way we think is not same.
A lot of other comment would still be left as it's a public forum
When God wants to do his own thing
it's only one person needed not a lot of people
only God knows the truth
Even when Jesus was alive there were a lot of people who didn't believe him
his disciple was even one of them
let all things rest
At the moment just watch,look n pray that the job employment comes your way.
Re: My Greatest Challenge As An Orphan by ahmedoo(m): 3:43pm On May 25, 2010
so this thread is still rolling.fill gr8t abt nairaland beginning to take it more seriously.
Re: My Greatest Challenge As An Orphan by MadMax1(f): 3:53pm On May 25, 2010
Some people are trying to discourage others from helping him because of their own experiences. But there are very, very different lives, different experiences, and different lessons learned from life. Your life and your individual experiences is not the blueprint for the world. There are people who struggled hard for their success, no one helping them along the way, but who aren't bitter and cynical and useless to others, but kind and giving. The people helping Menek are doing an excellent thing. He has absolutely no fault in asking for help. Things must be terrible for him to cry out for help. If he turns out to be a fraud the blame and the shame will be his, not those who did him kindness. One gets from life exactly what one puts in. You're not obligated to help in this instance. But don't you dare try to stop those who are.
Re: My Greatest Challenge As An Orphan by Nobody: 4:25pm On May 25, 2010
Back in the days when I was a student at the University, I had an urgent need one time. After paying my school fees, I urgently needed an additional US $80 (eighty US Dollars) to buy a book for my computer class (C ++). Since I had no money left, I turned to the internet for help.

As strange as it could sound, I got a positive feedback. Yes, someone had agreed to help me. A stranger sent me US $150 (One hundred and fifty US Dollars) instead of US the $80 (eighty US Dollars) that I had asked for. When I picked this money at a western Union location, I cried.

This stranger who sent me the money never questioned the merit of my request. He never asked me if I was genuine or not. He never suspected that I could be fake. Adding to that, he was a white man. 
He was just fulfilling his humanitarian duty.

That was in 2000. But, today, 10 years later, I still keep the computer book that I purchase with the stranger’s money, the white man's money. That book is a symbol of humanity to me.

As for brother Menek, I pray that the job in Abuja materialise. However, even if this job doesn’t come forth, we can still stand together to lift him up.

We are Africans. The world believes that nothing good can come out of Africa. Let us prove them wrong by making this case one of the best humanitarian efforts in the history of mankind; strangers are sewing effort together to help a fellow stranger.

The most tragic thing would be to turn our back on brother menek for fear that he is a fraud when he may be  genuine. Have we, Africans, come to the point where we can’t help a fellow human being without reading too much into his request?  No my brothers and sisters, we can’t sink that low.

May the Lord richly bless each and every one of you,

I love you all

The brother from TheCongo,
Re: My Greatest Challenge As An Orphan by cvibe: 6:06pm On May 25, 2010
To all those outside Nigeria who would like to send him money/assist him financially out of sympathy, please do not use western union (You will not get any evidence). We will offer our platform if you would like to reach out to him. That way, you will get evidence and updates.
Re: My Greatest Challenge As An Orphan by squad1: 6:30pm On May 25, 2010
TheCongo:

Back in the days when I was a student at the University, I had an urgent need one time. After paying my school fee, I urgently needed another US $80 to buy a book for my computer class (C ++). Since I had no money left, I turned to the internet for help.

As strange as it could sound, I got a positive feedback. Yes, someone had agreed to help me. A stranger sent me US $150 (One hundred and fifty) instead of US $80 (eighty) that I had asked. When I picked this money at a western Union location, I cried.

This stranger who sent me the money never questioned the merit of my request. He never asked me if I was genuine or not. He never suspected that I could be fake. Adding to that, he was a white man. 

That was in 2000. But, today, 10 years later, I still keep the computer book that I purchase with the stranger’s money, the white man's money. That book is a symbol of humanity to me.

As for brother Menek, I pray that the job in Abuja materialise. However, even if this job doesn’t come forth, we can still stand together to lift him up.

We are African. The world believes that nothing good can come out of Africa. Let us prove them wrong by making this case one of the best humanitarian efforts in the history of mankind; strangers are sewing effort together to help a fellow stranger.

The most tragic thing would be to turn our back to brother menek because we believe this is a scam and it turns out that he is genuine. Have we, Africans, come to the point where we can’t help a fellow human being without reading too much into his request?  No my brothers and sisters, we can’t sink that low.

I love you all

This is my favourite "post" on dis thread,
Re: My Greatest Challenge As An Orphan by Mayflowa(m): 9:11pm On May 25, 2010
@ TheCongo.
I love your style and attitude. You are such an assert on this thread. I'd be glad to have you as friend. my email is: satz5000@yahoo.com. It will be my pleasure to hear from you.

@Menek.
We are with you all the way. You dont need to be angry at every negative comment. Remember its a public forum. plz just be cool.
Re: My Greatest Challenge As An Orphan by mbulela: 6:43am On May 26, 2010
TheCongo:

Back in the days when I was a student at the University, I had an urgent need one time. After paying my school fee, I urgently needed another US $80 to buy a book for my computer class (C ++). Since I had no money left, I turned to the internet for help.

As strange as it could sound, I got a positive feedback. Yes, someone had agreed to help me. A stranger sent me US $150 (One hundred and fifty) instead of US $80 (eighty) that I had asked. When I picked this money at a western Union location, I cried.

We are African. The world believes that nothing good can come out of Africa. Let us prove them wrong by making this case one of the best humanitarian efforts in the history of mankind; strangers are sewing effort together to help a fellow stranger.

The most tragic thing would be to turn our back to brother menek because we believe this is a scam and it turns out that he is genuine. Have we, Africans, come to the point where we can’t help a fellow human being without reading too much into his request? No my brothers and sisters, we can’t sink that low.

I love you all

lovely post.
As inspiring as your post is, the problem we have in Nigeria is cynicism founded on reality.
For every one inspiring humanitarian story there are 10 well ochestrated scam.
Like Julius Agwu says "NGO go host charity concert, the next morning founder of NGO don buy 4 wheeler". The problem with being scammed is that it makes the victim feel unintelligent and affects self confidence.
However, we can never turn our back on those in need.As bad as your situation is, there is always someone with less resources and more need.
Helping out is a fulfilling venture and anything less is sub-human and unnatural.

Meanwhile, what is the latest on this case?
Re: My Greatest Challenge As An Orphan by Nobody: 7:47am On May 26, 2010
We are still waiting to hear from Chijek
Re: My Greatest Challenge As An Orphan by Moyola(f): 8:33pm On May 26, 2010
Uhmmn! if itz gon b yur raining day there's absolutely nothing you can do to stop d rain, you can pray for a sunny day buh dhat wont stop d rain! B Strong!
Re: My Greatest Challenge As An Orphan by chiejik(f): 9:08am On May 27, 2010
soory i wasnt feeling fine lately.
but there is a progress.hopefully he will get it.but i do communicate often.
Re: My Greatest Challenge As An Orphan by zylkenny(m): 11:06am On May 27, 2010
You have his CV
You have his phone number
You have his this and you have his that,
What`s keeping the help from being materialized already
Is there a problem? Pls let us know so we can quickly proffer solutions and have this young man build up his life
This is taking too long already!

P.S Wonder how he has been feeding thus far? undecided undecided Poor fellow
Re: My Greatest Challenge As An Orphan by zylkenny(m): 11:07am On May 27, 2010
chiejik:

oh! sorry about your health, Didn`t see that
Re: My Greatest Challenge As An Orphan by Nobody: 11:39am On May 27, 2010
chiejik:

Sorry about your health, hope you are doing better now.
Re: My Greatest Challenge As An Orphan by Radiant(f): 12:36pm On May 27, 2010
chiejik:

Sorry dear. Take it easy smiley

Looks like we will be popping champagne very soon cheesy
Re: My Greatest Challenge As An Orphan by Nobody: 4:44pm On May 27, 2010
busybody20:

[size=16pt]The following Members have been writing on NL that they need a Job FunmyKemmy, makky, nitrogen, isonlagba etc; Why havent you been touched?  undecided   lipsrsealed  because they didnt write a Sympathetic story line?  lipsrsealed  [/size]

In his immense wisdom, king Salomon had put down something like this (Ecclesiastes 9:11):

I have observed something else under the sun. The fastest runner doesn't always win the race, and the strongest warrior doesn't always win the battle. The wise sometimes go hungry, and the skillful are not necessarily wealthy. And those who are educated don't always lead successful lives. It is all decided by chance, by being in the right place at the right time.

Be blessed,

The brother from TheCongo
Re: My Greatest Challenge As An Orphan by Nobody: 10:45pm On May 27, 2010
get Well sister
Re: My Greatest Challenge As An Orphan by OnyinyeGod(f): 4:44pm On May 28, 2010
I have been crying reading this topic.

My prayer to God is that all the people who has voluntered to help or wanted to help but could not that God shud exalt them above thier problems. Dont be discourage in helping, or thinking that it might be fake. God is the Judge, it is for him to determine.

MAY MY GOD REPLENISH UR PURSE AND MAY IT NEVER DRIED UP.
LORD I WISH I COULD, PLS GIVE ME TO GIVE TO OTHERS. I WANT TO PARTAKE IN THE BLESSING.

THE DONORS, I CANT THANK U ENOUGH. BABA LET UR SALVATION, GRACE AND GLORY NOT DEPART FROM THEM (I THINK THATS THE GREATEST I CAN ASK FOR THEM).
Re: My Greatest Challenge As An Orphan by nellyyme: 5:39pm On May 28, 2010
Dear Brethren (who have decleared to help this poor Guy), may the God allmighty who created heaven and earth always be with you all now and forever, Amen. My own advise to you all is to support the GUY to go for the job issue because business is not as easy as we think. let him go for the job, look for a cheap house or squatt with somebody untill he is balanced enough. maybe from that job another door will open and he will migrate to another job, experience matters.
Thanks, this is all I have to say
Re: My Greatest Challenge As An Orphan by Ivynwa(f): 7:33pm On May 28, 2010
May God bless all helping here, can't afford to help with cash but if he decides for business, I can convince a business friend that travels to import from China and he can help him in buying goods like clothes, shoes etc for him to market.

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (24) (Reply)

I Can't Forgive My Late Mummy And My Daddy / It's Stupidity To Divorce Your Wife Because She Cheats On You - Nigerian Lady / Wife Drags Husband To Court For Calling Her ”prostitute”

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.