Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,117 members, 7,835,764 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 02:36 PM

My Greatest Challenge As An Orphan - Family (16) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Greatest Challenge As An Orphan (32300 Views)

[agony Of An Orphan] Sign The Documents Or Forget About Your Education Dream / He Wants To Marry An Orphan ?? / It's Easily For An Orphan To Marry a Wrong Wife (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) ... (24) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Greatest Challenge As An Orphan by Odunnu: 9:11am On Jun 09, 2010
Amen!
Re: My Greatest Challenge As An Orphan by menek(m): 4:46pm On Jun 09, 2010
Chiejik, i appreciate your effort. More greese to your elbow. I know is not so easy especially when u are not the MD, trying to influence him to pick someone. Pls don't relent effort. I know God will use u for me. I have confidence that it will work, and it must, Amen. In the meantime, i will love someone that has a good business idea to drop it. I had a chemist stock in mind but will like to weigh options. Pls keep praying for and all the needy. Aisha2 don't worry, heaven will smile at u soon.
Re: My Greatest Challenge As An Orphan by menek(m): 5:52pm On Jun 10, 2010
I am hopeful that God will definitely have his way as pertaining the job, but if u have any business idea that will fit my situation do not hesitate to share with me it's also important. Most time, even though u are working for govt it's also paramount that u are doing something on your own that way u wil not have to wait on govt all the time. Your suggestions no matter how little is invaluable. Pls Keep praying for me every day, i'm prayin for u too, particularly those that are yearning to help me, wishing they have a little addiction to squeeze out for me, just to ensure i earn a living. God will see u through in your difficulties too and provide for u in abundance.
Re: My Greatest Challenge As An Orphan by menek(m): 10:26am On Jun 14, 2010
I know that jehovah is some where working for me when he is through, i shall testify
Re: My Greatest Challenge As An Orphan by chidyke77(m): 5:57pm On Jun 14, 2010
You will surely succeed and be great my brother.
Re: My Greatest Challenge As An Orphan by menek(m): 5:35pm On Jun 15, 2010
thanks
Re: My Greatest Challenge As An Orphan by Kunbee: 12:42am On Jun 17, 2010
Any news
Re: My Greatest Challenge As An Orphan by mbulela: 6:55am On Jun 17, 2010
this story still dey run?
anyway my pledge still stands for his accomodation.
till then,
Re: My Greatest Challenge As An Orphan by OAM4J: 1:31pm On Jun 17, 2010
I think Chiejik should let us know what is happening with the job offer

if the job is no longer feasible, so we can advice the OP on alternatives.
Re: My Greatest Challenge As An Orphan by chiejik(f): 4:58pm On Jun 17, 2010
i told him what the problem is. they said is only 2.1 that they can collect not 2.2,but i have given out his cv to other company that i know.thanks
Re: My Greatest Challenge As An Orphan by menek(m): 12:36am On Jun 18, 2010
@mbulela, thank God u are still there for me. I have confidence that it will work. Chiejik don't worry, God will definitely use u as a vessel. I'm stil thinking of what i can do to appreciate u guys and i don't know.
Re: My Greatest Challenge As An Orphan by Ivynwa(f): 11:09pm On Jun 18, 2010
Menek, don't despair sweetheart, the stone that has been rejected will someday become the corner stone. I can see a lifting on you (and on me too my brother). The greatness of that lifting will be deeper than the depth of your despair right now okay Baby. Hold on and watch and see God in action. It is good that you are not focused on the land they are dragging ( My uncle that had more lands than my father, went to our backyard in the village and carved out some lands for himself. When he died some years back the land aportioned to his dead body was just a mere rectangular piece of land). We will all leave land behind so leave them let them kill themselves over land. Someday you will have estates my brother, houses, businesses internationally and locally.
Those greedy uncle wives of yours that are giving you the signal to leave grandma's mud house for them to possess it will come knocking on your gate for handouts. The lord said he has set before you an open heaven which no man can close, keep calling on him and when your blessings descend that is when these set of people will see his glory on you and begin to trip all around you. You have been through a lot dear but God will wipe those tears, he will. He sure will.
Re: My Greatest Challenge As An Orphan by menek(m): 5:43am On Jun 20, 2010
"The lord said He has set a open heaven before u which no one can close". AMEN. Thank u my brother, i hav no business with land. The only thing that makes me to think of it is my situation, may be i would have pledge or worse be it, sell it and use the money to start life, but since it is not there. No problem, i know God will definitely provide means for me. He said even before i was formed in the belly He knew me. My prayer to God is that, He should not let me look tattered (starve) so that when they see me on the road they will not laugh. I love the way u sounded and will like to be your friend
Re: My Greatest Challenge As An Orphan by mylove4him(f): 3:03am On Jun 22, 2010
I have never taken out time to read other post like this before but I must tell you this captivated me because it took me three days to finally read through due to my tight schedule at work. I was touched and I shed a tear for this guy. The only thing I can tell u is that God will not desert you.

@aisha, chejik, safex, congo and others I fail to mention who has contributed immensely I say God will bless and replenish your pocket.

please I would also like others to look out for something for Menek instead of leaving it only on chejik. I wouldn't mind contributing my widow's might. I may not be rich and comfortable but my family says I think more of people than myself and that I am too emotional towards people. Always wanting to help, but what can I do knowing I came with nothing and I will return with nothing. So what is the essence of accumulating wealth when you can help the poor and needy. I still do have a vision for the abandon and i know God will help me.

@Menek we are there for and am watching your back.
Re: My Greatest Challenge As An Orphan by menek(m): 10:06pm On Jun 22, 2010
@mylove4him, thank u so much my sister. Is like, God want me to have certain experience so that, when all is well. I will be very wise. I'm sure it shall be fine soon. Thanks for been by me
Re: My Greatest Challenge As An Orphan by menek(m): 12:53am On Jun 24, 2010
d
Re: My Greatest Challenge As An Orphan by Nobody: 6:27am On Jun 24, 2010
Re: My Greatest Challenge As An Orphan by tigerpaws(f): 6:59am On Jun 24, 2010
chaircover:

Come on Menek lets not turn this into a pity party.

Lets break this down. You are a recent graduate with a 2:2 who hasn't found a job (like millions of other people roaming the streets with multiple copies of CV's in their battered folders)

You are from a broken home and are not the flavour of the month amongst your brethren, stemming from Land disputes (Again this happens to a lot of people and I am sure that we all know of at least someone from a broken home. Land disputes in Nigeria are as common as muck)

There is nothing happening to you that is new or is headline news, so rather than coming here looking for sympathy (which you have already received) please stop it because its quite annoying. Pick yourself up and get on with your life. For how long are you going to whine about things? You are even one of the lucky ones, you have a degree so there is something in there that you can fall back on; what about the wheelbarrow pusher or the boys selling pure water in go-slow.

You are a grown man now and should have some focus in your life and one crucial thing that you should learn is that you don't depend on anyone. If you sit on your backside waiting for people to help you all the time, then you will have a sore behind from waiting. Your post has spanned 17 pages with 7107 views and if I am correct after all the "haaing" and "hooing" only Mr Congo did ever send you any money in the end which I am sure has now all been sent on Night time Browsing. Apologies if I am wrong.

Snap out of this sorry state and your "everyone please help me" mentality and get some focus. I don't have money or a job to give you but can see that if care is not taken, and with your mentality of the situation, you will remain in the same spot for a long time and I pray that is not the case.

kiss   
Re: My Greatest Challenge As An Orphan by femmy2010(m): 6:59am On Jun 24, 2010
It might be a common scenario but it is a hard life to live.I am equally trying to make ends meet but we can always sow a seed in the life of fellow brother.i promise you N3k sometime next week and would definitely keep intouch as goodness unfold into my world.
Re: My Greatest Challenge As An Orphan by Nobody: 7:19am On Jun 24, 2010
Re: My Greatest Challenge As An Orphan by Nobody: 7:29am On Jun 24, 2010
chaircover:

What I am expecting to see now is that he is one by one following up the people who promised him one thing or another.

I am expecting him to come here and list his plans B now that some of the Plans A did not come to pass. His listing his Plans B, mean that another set of people can get involved if possible.

Say for example the job offer didn't materialise. So if he came back and said he has found a small kiosk somewhere and wanted to pay the rent and was going to Lagos to get some merchandise to sell in his kiosk, I am sure one or 2 people would have given him say transport money for example.

My thoughts exactly. I think  brother menek should take the initiative of mapping out his plans and then ask the forum to help him materialize them.

I agree with you 100%

It is your ball brother menek. Remember that we have your back. Buying a bag of rice or beans and selling it cup by cup as suggested may not be a bad idea. Better to start somewhere.
Re: My Greatest Challenge As An Orphan by Nobody: 10:20am On Jun 24, 2010
@menek - I have been following your thread without dropping any comment/advice because its better saved for a more serious threads. You have a poor mentality and this will not take you to anywhere unless you changed it. Add to it you are too lazy ( please not being disrespectful to you).

I understand you are from the Niger Delta precisely Rivers state. You are a graduate of physiology like you claimed. What else do you want from God You want a poor woman (your mother) to give you money to buy JAMB form to start school all over again Her refusal automatically makes you an Orphan. Are you not being stupid

TheCongo and Chaircover have given you all you need in life. TheCongo gave you N45,000 which you may not be able to account for today. Chaircover gave you a "Challenge" to wake you up from your laziness. I have been in Rivers state for the last 8yrs and i can categorically say that you are begging in the mist of plenty. You are a problem to youself not your uncles.

I came to Port Harcourt year 2002 empty handed and already married ( I left my family in my state) and i slept in the church for six months ( on the floor). I only put my hope in God. I had never moaned or begged. I taught in the JAMB/GCE classes for about a year to keep myself afloat. I did not give in until God took control and gave me a job year 2003. Even though the job was little i brought my family to stay with me and we started from there. With my mentality and the Grace of God by the year 2008, we had already completed our buildings in the Greater part of Port Harcourt City and in the Village with a good Car. Of course you know the rigors of acquiring properties in Port harcourt City. We are at the verge of completing a new property in Port Harcourt because i took time to harness ideas and not moan like you.

What have you done with the N45,000 given to you. Look, God will not come down to help you, you have to help yourself. Nigeria is a fertile ground, eventhough our Leaders are not doing well, you can still make ends meet if you really know how to harness ideas. What stops you from picking up a teaching appointment in Port Harcourt City and start your life from there Given N5million to people with low mentality like you is never going to solve any problems. I want you to end this thread and start to work on your mentality!!!!
Re: My Greatest Challenge As An Orphan by Busybody2(f): 11:28am On Jun 24, 2010
chaircover:

Come on Menek lets not turn this into a pity party.

Lets break this down. You are a recent graduate with a 2:2 who hasn't found a job (like millions of other people roaming the streets with multiple copies of CV's in their battered folders)

You are from a broken home and are not the flavour of the month amongst your brethren, stemming from Land disputes (Again this happens to a lot of people and I am sure that we all know of at least someone from a broken home. Land disputes in Nigeria are as common as muck)

There is nothing happening to you that is new or is headline news, so rather than coming here looking for sympathy (which you have already received) please stop it because its quite annoying. Pick yourself up and get on with your life. For how long are you going to whine about things? You are even one of the lucky ones, you have a degree so there is something in there that you can fall back on; what about the wheelbarrow pusher or the boys selling pure water in go-slow.

You are a grown man now and should have some focus in your life and one crucial thing that you should learn is that you don't depend on anyone. If you sit on your backside waiting for people to help you all the time, then you will have a sore behind from waiting. Your post has spanned 17 pages with 7107 views and if I am correct after all the "haaing" and "hooing" only Mr Congo did ever send you any money in the end which I am sure has now all been sent on Night time Browsing. Apologies if I am wrong.

Snap out of this sorry state and your "everyone please help me" mentality and get some focus. I don't have money or a job to give you but can see that if care is not taken, and with your mentality of the situation, you will remain in the same spot for a long time and I pray that is not the case.

chaircover:

Don't get me wrong, I am sure its hard life but wallowing in self pity will not solve anything. No great man sat there waiting for the world to help him.

I have followed the thread from the beginning and it took the poster ages to convince people that he wasn't a scammer. I stood up for him then so have nothing against him personally.

What I am expecting to see now is that he is one by one following up the people who promised him one thing or another.

I am expecting him to come here and list his plans B now that some of the Plans A did not come to pass. His listing his Plans B, mean that another set of people can get involved if possible.

Say for example the job offer didn't materialise. So if he came back and said he has found a small kiosk somewhere and wanted to pay the rent and was going to Lagos to get some merchandise to sell in his kiosk, I am sure one or 2 people would have given him say transport money for example.

The problem with most people is that they all want to start big and they waste valuable time looking for ways to make it big. Do you know how much money you can make on buying a bag of rice and beans and selling it cup by cup.

Maybe you should read Big-man's story one day. I think his story is on the " how do I survive on 80K" thread.

No one can help you as much as you can help yourself and there is a Youruba saying that omo ti o ba shipa leyon gbe. Translated if there are number of babies lined up, its the one that raises its hands is the one that gets picked up and carried. He has to be seen to make the first step.

I am not being harsh. I am just teaching him a lesson of life.

Big-Man:

@menek - I have been following your thread without dropping any comment/advice because its better saved for a more serious threads. You have a poor mentality and this will not take you to anywhere unless you changed it. Add to it you are too lazy ( please not being disrespectful to you).

I understand you are from the Niger Delta precisely Rivers state. You are a graduate of physiology like you claimed. What else do you want from God You want a poor woman (your mother) to give you money to buy JAMB form to start school all over again Her refusal automatically makes you an Orphan. Are you not being silly

TheCongo and Chaircover have given you all you need in life. TheCongo gave you N45,000 which you may not be able to account for today. Chaircover gave you a "Challenge" to wake you up from your laziness. I have been in Rivers state for the last 8yrs and i can categorically say that you are begging in the mist of plenty. You are a problem to youself not your uncles.

I came to Port Harcourt year 2002 empty handed and already married ( I left my family in my state) and i slept in the church for six months ( on the floor). I only put my hope in God. I had never moaned or begged. I taught in the JAMB/GCE classes for about a year to keep myself afloat. I did not give in until God took control and gave me a job year 2003. Even though the job was little i brought my family to stay with me and we started from there. With my mentality and the Grace of God by the year 2008, we had already completed our buildings in the Greater part of Port Harcourt City and in the Village with a good Car. Of course you know the rigors of acquiring properties in Port harcourt City. We are at the verge of completing a new property in Port Harcourt because i took time to harness ideas and not moan like you.

What have you done with the N45,000 given to you. Look, God will not come down to help you, you have to help yourself. Nigeria is a fertile ground, eventhough our Leaders are not doing well, you can still make ends meet if you really know how to harness ideas. What stops you from picking up a teaching appointment in Port Harcourt City and start your life from there Given N5million to people with low mentality like you is never going to solve any problems. I want you to end this thread and start to work on your mentality!!!!

^^^ Technically he is not an orphan and I kinda see where you both were coming from but the delivery was harsh, brutal and way over the top, haba.

If both of you had offered him these suggestions you are now bandying about and he failed to heed them, then you'd be justified in castigating and chastising him. What he needs is a nudge in the right direction, not a kick up the backside and most definitely not when he is down. You have no need to compare him to yourselves, you dont know how old he is, what he has been through, his emotional strength, etc. Everyone's strength and weakness is different.

I haven't read thru this thread, just a few pages, but deducing what happened, he was not qualified for the job offered in Abuja which came with provision of accommodation, hence reason some kindhearted gentleman who felt people were not moving fast enough offered to send him $300 (of which he has only sent $100). We don't even know if he hasn't touched this money yet, we don't know if he is scared to touch a dime out of this money lest nothing else comes through for him, so why assume and jump to conclusion?

Now this is someone who cried out, got a few sympathetic responses, offer of a new job, offer of relocation, fresh start, new beginnings, then suddenly things went belly up and he had the carpet pulled from under him, now thinking, what now? Where do I turn? Which way do I go? God show me the way? Still hoping and praying God would raise other mighty men of valour to come to his aid. He didn't come here asking for money, his posts are laced with i need guidance,

And of course he needs to come back to refresh the thread occassionally otherwise people would think he is an ingrate and possibly a fraudster who has done a runner, hence the reasons he keeps coming back is not to lament as such, but to update people of his situation, and he is just being an human being by pouring out his angst, thats all. Spare the dude and give him a break. Biko cool
Re: My Greatest Challenge As An Orphan by menek(m): 11:52am On Jun 24, 2010
I appreciate your every effort and comments, all is in an attempt to help me but hearing those comments makes me go down. I had long forgotten it but the echo keep coming. My mum was the one that suggested i bought the form. I am not lazy. God forbid. If u were following the thread, i've been seeking for business idea so that i can weigh option with the one i already had in mind but some one told me to relax the business idea and wait for the job first cos it will be conflicting, if i keep asking for business idea while someone is making effort for me. People that were following the thread knows that the money is intact. Waiting for either the rent or business. The only reason why i had posted here is because i tap more courage from some people to move on plus the ideas exchange here. It unnecessary to mention my efforts to proof am not lazy. Just that the comment makes me feel so sad that i do not know who to take refuge in except here.
Re: My Greatest Challenge As An Orphan by Nobody: 12:21pm On Jun 24, 2010
There are one thousand and one opportunities in Rivers State (Your State) particularly in Port Harcourt City. That is the reason it is called Garden City. You must be fortunate to have come from there.

Who told you that you can not work in the bank Who told you that you can not work in the admin or personnel section of one of the millions of companies in the Rivers state. Who told you that you are not good enough to lecture in one of the thousands of schools in Port Harcourt.

Why do you choose to live in the village after your graduation You need to reposition yourself where God can bless you. God will not come down from heaven to bless you if you dont provoke the blessing. You need to start something before God can come into it. The way you attended school is not strange in Nigeria. It is our Government to be blamed for that not your uncles.

You needed to ask our brothers and sisters who are fortunate enough to be in the western world how they are faring over there. Some will be sincere to tell you that most people (Nigerian Graduates) over there took to odd jobs to survive. You must not do a career job to move on in life. Time is running, years are running down and you are there in the village moaning!!! I will understand you when you are handicapped or disabled. Are you
Re: My Greatest Challenge As An Orphan by tigerpaws(f): 12:29pm On Jun 24, 2010
menek:

[size=16pt]I persuaded my mom to buy jamb D.E form for me so that i can go back and study another course but they ate our money, no admission. Now my grand mom is late. my mom told me she has try i should go and cater for myself, i thought it's a joke[/size].

menek:

I appreciate your every effort and comments, all is in an attempt to help me but hearing those comments makes me go down. I had long forgotten it but the echo keep coming. [size=16pt]My mum was the one that suggested i bought the form[/size]. I am not lazy. God forbid. If u were following the thread, i've been seeking for business idea so that i can weigh option with the one i already had in mind but some one told me to relax the business idea and wait for the job first cos it will be conflicting, if i keep asking for business idea while someone is making effort for me. People that were following the thread knows that the money is intact. Waiting for either the rent or business. The only reason why i had posted here is because i tap more courage from some people to move on plus the ideas exchange here. It unnecessary to mention my efforts to proof am not lazy. Just that the comment makes me feel so sad that i do not know who to take refuge in except here.

Here we go again! ***rolls eyes*
Re: My Greatest Challenge As An Orphan by Nobody: 12:46pm On Jun 24, 2010
Re: My Greatest Challenge As An Orphan by femmy2010(m): 12:58pm On Jun 24, 2010
It is definitely not an easy thing to come out publicly and beg .I have suffered in the past and i know what suffering really means.One can have both parents and yet still suffer than one with no.
What matters is verifying his claim and if convinced help out in our own little way and frankly it does not matter what he does with it because it remains a gift and a gift is given.
Someone said The garden City is filled with opportunities?Yes it is but be sure that not every body would get a bit of the great opportunities that abound.
What i would advice my humble friend to do is set a goal of what he can get to do for himself then lets know what he needs and i know Nairaland would help.
I am not saying that we do not have our own variegated problems but i want us to remember the fact that at one time in our lives we were down and people we never knew did come to our rescue and even if we have never been down before in the past it still pays to do good and leave the rest.
Life is two facet and what some people call suffering might be enjoyment to other and i just pray that God would never allow suffering and lacks to be our portion.
I wish and i wish i had the means and power to do much more,I do wish but i am sure the very very little i give would grow bountifully.
Nairaland is filled with great people up the ladder of their chosen field and i know they can help and would help.
I wish you the best and God help us sha
Re: My Greatest Challenge As An Orphan by menek(m): 2:07pm On Jun 24, 2010
@tiperfaw, are u saying I am a scam? No, I have been making effort searching for job just that i've not hit at it. After my NYSC i managed to stay with some GTC students on GTC campus at trans amadi, the place was bad, that's not my busines i want to work. I was always transporting myself from one point to another searching for job, i was eating too, all this was from the money i save from my nysc allowance when it got finish, i was sneaking out sometimes to site. Permit me not to go further. when i heard of the teaching position in the village i did not hesitate i went, hoping i can save the 10k every month for my next target.When i realise i will now be feeling from the 10k i had hope to save. i realise it will take a little longer to arrive. I didn't change plan but i felt weak a little. But Seek courage. My mum wanted me to study medicine like the dream of most mother to their son, but i ended up with physiology. During my undergraduate days she has always been telling me i will switch over to medicine,i guess it was probably because of the state of things then. I knew she has that thought. My aim here was encouragement to move on.
Re: My Greatest Challenge As An Orphan by Nobody: 2:32pm On Jun 24, 2010
Bottom line is the brother need guidance. There are many elements of truth in everything Chaircover, Big-man, femmy2010, busyBODY have wrote. All of them are right in spite of  their opposite scope of vision in regard to this case.

However, it would be worth to note that brother menek may have a lot of deficit in his personality due to his harsh upbringing.  Reason why he may not see opportunity around him though he may try very hard. We have many kind of talents in this forum. While some people may offer financial assistance, other may offer advise on self-growth. The brother needs more than money. He needs advise as to how can he map out his life, also he needs cheerleaders. He needs to feel that this forum has his back. And I believe each one of us can offer him a stone to build his mental, physic and spiritual being.

In the meantimes, I would ask to ask brother menek if it is possible to start selling something very small such as a bag of rice cup by cup. And to keep the forum to date with the development of his business venture. Brother menek, start somewhere and this way it would be easy for people to tell you as to where you can go next. But, if you aren't offering any direction as to what yourself want to do, it will be difficult for people to assist you. In other words, brother menek should help us figure out what we can do for him.

May the Lord bless each and everyone of you,

TheCongo.
Re: My Greatest Challenge As An Orphan by menek(m): 3:03pm On Jun 24, 2010
@Chaircover, Thanks.
Re: My Greatest Challenge As An Orphan by menek(m): 3:30pm On Jun 24, 2010
Sorry, i didn't look at your location chaircover.

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) ... (24) (Reply)

I Can't Forgive My Late Mummy And My Daddy / It's Stupidity To Divorce Your Wife Because She Cheats On You - Nigerian Lady / Wife Drags Husband To Court For Calling Her ”prostitute”

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 113
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.