Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,396 members, 7,815,861 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:40 PM

Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... - Car Talk (19) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... (62189 Views)

You Shouldn’t Own A Car If You Are A Tenant — Financial Guru Advises Nigerians / Buy & Fix Your Motor Windscreen / Ask your Mechanic ! ! ! Thread (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) ... (34) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... by MotorGuru: 11:09am On Jul 19, 2019
lastbornop:
Good morning Motorguru,
Please I have been loving Pontiac Vibe lately and considering 2009 model.

Any professional advice about this brand/car, fuel efficiency, maintenance, parts availability, any other information.

Cc. All pontiac vibe users

Nice, very reliable and pretty car.

1 Like

Re: Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... by MotorGuru: 11:12am On Jul 19, 2019
maxygirl:
I just got a Toyota corolla 2007 model last year. Initially o used conventional Mobil oil. I stitched to Mobil synthetic this year and have not serviced in 6 months. The car is jerking a bit and i got our company driver to check, he says i may have to change the plugs and service... Some of my friends says Synthetic oil is not necessary for Older, high mileage cars... my car is about 135k.... what do you think please ?

Is your check engine light on?
take your vehicle for a scan and post snapshot of live data.

synthetic oil is good for old and high mileage engines that has not been previously abused.
Re: Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... by MotorGuru: 3:12pm On Aug 20, 2019
here for you!
Re: Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... by Seunbukola187(m): 6:56pm On Aug 20, 2019
MotorGuru:
here for you!
good day sir. Trust you are fine? Please I have this corolla 07 I just got from US. The way u gulps my fuel is alarming. Yet there is no CEL. It moves fine and well. Just this fuel gulping. Before the car will send me back to my fillage. Help me oooo angry angry angry angry
Re: Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... by Jmyno1H(m): 7:32pm On Aug 20, 2019
Good day sir Motoguru, please can I get Solenoid and differential to buy for my 2006 MDX. Thanks and God bless you sir.
Re: Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... by MotorGuru: 9:03am On Aug 21, 2019
Seunbukola187:
good day sir. Trust you are fine? Please I have this corolla 07 I just got from US. The way u gulps my fuel is alarming. Yet there is no CEL. It moves fine and well. Just this fuel gulping. Before the car will send me back to my fillage. Help me oooo angry angry angry angry

You may be needing a tune up.

I would advise you scan the car, even if your check engine light is not on (just incase wink )

for a tune up we will be talking spark plug replacement, engine air filter replacement, checking of all engine fluids, gauging tire pressure, etc.
Re: Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... by MotorGuru: 9:04am On Aug 21, 2019
Jmyno1H:
Good day sir Motoguru, please can I get Solenoid and differential to buy for my 2006 MDX. Thanks and God bless you sir.

What kinf of solenoid?

Cc. Luvinhubby
Re: Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... by luvinhubby(m): 9:26am On Aug 21, 2019
Jmyno1H:

Gear solenoid and rear differential oil?
Re: Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... by Seunbukola187(m): 1:44pm On Aug 21, 2019
MotorGuru:

You may be needing a tune up.

I would advise you scan the car, even if your check engine light is not on (just incase wink )

for a tune up we will be talking spark plug replacement, engine air filter replacement, checking of all engine fluids, gauging tire pressure, etc.
thank you sir. i will do just that
Re: Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... by MotorGuru: 4:28pm On Aug 21, 2019
here for you!
Re: Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... by Jmyno1H(m): 6:25pm On Aug 21, 2019
luvinhubby:

Gear solenoid and rear differential oil?

Yes, Gear Solenoid and the rear axle differential. Thanks
Re: Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... by ugreat(m): 6:38pm On Aug 21, 2019
2002 Volvo V40 becomes a little sluggish when AC is switched on. What's the possible cause?
Re: Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... by MotorGuru: 8:27am On Aug 22, 2019
ugreat:
2002 Volvo V40 becomes a little sluggish when AC is switched on. What's the possible cause?

When last was a tune up done on the vehicle?
Re: Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... by ugreat(m): 12:55pm On Aug 22, 2019
MotorGuru:

When last was a tune up done on the vehicle?

A month ago- throttle body and nozzles were was cleaned. spark plug was changed too
Re: Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... by MotorGuru: 1:30pm On Aug 22, 2019
ugreat:

A month ago- throttle body and nozzles were was cleaned. spark plug was changed too

are the spark plugs according to manufacturer's spec?

i believe your car is coil on plug?
Re: Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... by Olayetan(m): 2:27pm On Aug 22, 2019
MotorGuru:
Free and unbiased consultations on vehicle diagnosis and fixes.

I am ready so Fire on!

Just recently I noticed my break pedal is very hard to match and when i match it, a wild Sound will come from the under/front wheel like ‘keh’

this is bothering me seriously as I don’t know what could be the cause and what will happen to someone’s car if someone forgets to put off the handbreak while driving but realized after 10mins drive away.
Re: Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... by Successful01(m): 5:00pm On Aug 22, 2019
Hi MotorGuru,

What is the consequences of using a the recommended 5W-30 synthetic oil for a car after using the normal 20W-50 Oil for a long time? Is it advisable to continue with the normal oil or change to the synthetic oil because I am not comfortable with using the normal 20W-50 oil. The is a Lexus 330 car.
Re: Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... by Successful01(m): 5:04pm On Aug 22, 2019
And please can anyone recommend a very good Lexus car mechanic in port Harcourt.
Re: Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... by MotorGuru: 6:55pm On Aug 22, 2019
Olayetan:

Just recently I noticed my break pedal is very hard to match and when i match it, a wild Sound will come from the under/front wheel like ‘keh’

this is bothering me seriously as I don’t know what could be the cause and what will happen to someone’s car if someone forgets to put off the handbreak while driving but realized after 10mins drive away.

check if your brake booster is connected.

Your callipers may be binding.
Re: Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... by MotorGuru: 6:59pm On Aug 22, 2019
Successful01:
Hi MotorGuru,

What is the consequences of using a the recommended 5W-30 synthetic oil for a car after using the normal 20W-50 Oil for a long time? Is it advisable to continue with the normal oil or change to the synthetic oil because I am not comfortable with using the normal 20W-50 oil. The is a Lexus 330 car.

It is possible that nothing actually may happen, particularly if the oil was changed religiously (every 3000 miles/5000km). However the possibility of accelerated wear of piston rings and other mechanical/ rotating parts, compromised seals etc, make make it a bad idea.

If you have the means, switch to the oil being proposed... and monitor your oil level/ oil leaks religiously. If level is ok for 3000 miles or more, then you are good to go.
Re: Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... by MotorGuru: 7:00pm On Aug 22, 2019
Successful01:
And please can anyone recommend a very good Lexus car mechanic in port Harcourt.

None for now wink
Re: Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... by Activity77(m): 7:17pm On Aug 22, 2019
Camry 2008 and corolla 2009model... Which is better, Fuel efficiency matters,doing my research on which to buy .. I am still contemplating... Thanks
Re: Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... by Successful01(m): 10:35pm On Aug 22, 2019
MotorGuru:

It is possible that nothing actually may happen, particularly if the oil was changed religiously (every 3000 miles/5000km). However the possibility of accelerated wear of piston rings and other mechanical/ rotating parts, compromised seals etc, make make it a bad idea.

If you have the means, switch to the oil being proposed... and monitor your oil level/ oil leaks religiously. If level is ok for 3000 miles or more, then you are good to go.
Thank you motor guru. I will go ahead and change to the recommended synthetic oil.
Re: Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... by joetem(m): 11:22pm On Aug 22, 2019
Can you answer questions on Peugeot 407
Works fine when temperature guage is less than 90, the moment it gets to 90, it can't accelerate beyound 30km/hr, attimes losses power completely untill restarted again
Re: Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... by eightsin(m): 7:08am On Aug 23, 2019
My 2001 V6 highlander check engine light is on. After scanning I got these error codes; P0141, P0325, P0330 and P1155. Hope it doesn't have much effects on the performance of the car. I just bought it Nigerian used.
Re: Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... by MotorGuru: 8:20am On Aug 23, 2019
joetem:
Can you answer questions on Peugeot 407
Works fine when temperature guage is less than 90, the moment it gets to 90, it can't accelerate beyound 30km/hr, attimes losses power completely untill restarted again

is your check engine light on?
look for someone with PP2000 and scan for codes.

You may be having problems with your coolant temperature sensor sending erratic readings to your ECU

cc. Ikenna351
Re: Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... by joetem(m): 8:28am On Aug 23, 2019
MotorGuru:

You may be having problems with your coolant temperature sensor sending erratic readings to your ECU

cc. Ikenna351

Thanks, the check engine light is on, its been scan, the Rewire said I should change the system to ew10, by buying the following ( ECU for ew10, engine wire and fusebox)
Just confused, he said he couldn't get the ECU for the particular model (they call the model sadam in ladipo)
Re: Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... by joetem(m): 8:30am On Aug 23, 2019
MotorGuru:

cc. Ikenna351

I also noticed the fan was connected directly, I asked the Rewire to return it to factory settings, he said he can't cos 406 fan has been worked on it, I'm also suspecting that may be the cause too.
Re: Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... by MotorGuru: 8:31am On Aug 23, 2019
eightsin:
My 2001 V6 highlander check engine light is on. After scanning I got these error codes; P0141, P0325, P0330 and P1155. Hope it doesn't have much effects on the performance of the car. I just bought it Nigerian used.

P0330 and p0325 means your two knock sensors or the associated circuit has been compromised.

P0141 and P1155 means your post catalytic O2 sensor (after the catalyst of bank 1) and air/fuel ratio sensor(bank 2 sensor 1) is faulty.

i suggest you repair/replace them to get a good operating condition of your vehicle.
Re: Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... by MotorGuru: 8:32am On Aug 23, 2019
joetem:

I also noticed the fan was connected directly, I asked the Rewire to return it to factory settings, he said he can't cos 406 fan has been worked on it, I'm also suspecting that may be the cause too.

there most likely goes your problem.

revert to factory settings and you should be fine.
Re: Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... by joetem(m): 9:03am On Aug 23, 2019
MotorGuru:

there most likely goes your problem.

revert to factory settings and you should be fine.

Thanks for your quick response, the Rewire already condemned the brainbox ooo, pointing that as the problem, pls do u have any one who sell Peugeot parts, or can I get ikenna number? Thanks
Re: Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... by MotorGuru: 9:52am On Aug 23, 2019
joetem:

Thanks for your quick response, the Rewire already condemned the brainbox ooo, pointing that as the problem, pls do u have any one who sell Peugeot parts, or can I get ikenna number? Thanks

Ikenna351 is his moniker. check him out on this platform

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) ... (34) (Reply)

A Look At 2019 Armoured Mercedes-Maybach S560,Official Car Of President Buhari / This Is What Happens When You Buy A Car To Impress The Society / Volkswagen Says Goodbye To Iconic Beetle (ijapa) With This Emotional Video

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.