Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,010 members, 7,817,977 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:16 AM

Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... - Car Talk (20) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... (62254 Views)

You Shouldn’t Own A Car If You Are A Tenant — Financial Guru Advises Nigerians / Buy & Fix Your Motor Windscreen / Ask your Mechanic ! ! ! Thread (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) ... (34) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... by Activity77(m): 10:24am On Aug 23, 2019
Activity77:
Camry 2008 and corolla 2009model... Which is better, Fuel efficiency matters,doing my research on which to buy .. I am still contemplating... Thanks

Motorguru please help.....
Re: Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... by eightsin(m): 10:39am On Aug 23, 2019
MotorGuru:

P0330 and p0325 means your two knock sensors or the associated circuit has been compromised.

P0141 and P1155 means your post catalytic O2 sensor (after the catalyst of bank 1) and air/fuel ratio sensor(bank 2 sensor 1) is faulty.

i suggest you repair/replace them to get a good operating condition of your vehicle.

Thanks for the response. Any idea of the cost these repairs?
Re: Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... by MotorGuru: 10:48am On Aug 23, 2019
eightsin:

Thanks for the response. Any idea of the cost these repairs?

identify your location sir.
Re: Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... by eightsin(m): 11:49am On Aug 23, 2019
MotorGuru:

identify your location sir.

Enugu
Re: Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... by MotorGuru: 6:48pm On Aug 23, 2019
avail
Re: Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... by vivor: 7:52am On Aug 24, 2019
Please i need ideas Between two cars: honda accord EOD 2005 and a pontiac vibe 2005 which is better In terms of maintenance, fuel economy and value
Re: Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... by MotorGuru: 11:09am On Aug 24, 2019
vivor:
Please i need ideas Between two cars: honda accord EOD 2005 and a pontiac vibe 2005 which is better In terms of maintenance, fuel economy and value

1 will go with the 2005 pontiac Vibe

It is just a Toyota matrix in another skin

1 Like

Re: Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... by ugreat(m): 1:24pm On Aug 24, 2019
MotorGuru:

are the spark plugs according to manufacturer's spec?

i believe your car is coil on plug?

The professional changed according to spec.
Re: Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... by RealDannie(m): 2:28pm On Aug 24, 2019
Good day house, I drive a 2005 camry (big daddy) athe check engine light won't go off after I got fuel from one (Pencil Oil filling station) last week. Immediately I started the engine after buying fuel the check engine light refused to go off, thought it's temporary but to my surprise it's still on.

Also, I thought I should be able to use 5k from Lakowe(ibeju-lekki) to lekki phase 1, to and from work for the week (mon - friday) but the 5k fuel I bought on Monday morning at Northwest filling station was already reading empty on Thursday evening, had to refill on Friday morning. 

Please is everything ok, cause I just got the car and started driving it last week. Kindly assist. Thanks

Cc motorguru
Re: Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... by MotorGuru: 2:44pm On Aug 24, 2019
RealDannie:
Good day house, I drive a 2005 camry (big daddy) athe check engine light won't go off after I got fuel from one (Pencil Oil filling station) last week. Immediately I started the engine after buying fuel the check engine light refused to go off, thought it's temporary but to my surprise it's still on.

Also, I thought I should be able to use 5k from Lakowe(ibeju-lekki) to lekki phase 1, to and from work for the week (mon - friday) but the 5k fuel I bought on Monday morning at Northwest filling station was already reading empty on Thursday evening, had to refill on Friday morning. 

Please is everything ok, cause I just got the car and started driving it last week. Kindly assist. Thanks

Cc motorguru

sorry for the predicament. I think the best way to start is to get the vehicle scanned for codes, and you post the code here.
Re: Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... by RealDannie(m): 2:46pm On Aug 24, 2019
MotorGuru:

sorry for the predicament. I think the best way to start is to get the vehicle scanned for codes, and you post the code here.

Thanks, would do just that
Re: Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... by tboydbrave(m): 3:42pm On Aug 24, 2019
Good aftwrnoon, i need your advice onnthis decision. Am interested in getting a passat model car but need to know how durable n reliable it is on nigerian roads sir. Thank you.
Re: Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... by tboydbrave(m): 3:43pm On Aug 24, 2019
Good afternoon , i need your advice on this decision. Am interested in getting a passat model car but need to know how durable n reliable it is on nigerian roads sir. Thank you.
Re: Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... by MotorGuru: 4:00pm On Aug 24, 2019
tboydbrave:
Good afternoon , i need your advice on this decision. Am interested in getting a passat model car but need to know how durable n reliable it is on nigerian roads sir. Thank you.

Passats may be a bad idea.
Re: Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... by tboydbrave(m): 5:20pm On Aug 24, 2019
Would appreciate your opinion on which car model would b adequate. Am budget is 800k. Thank you sir.
Re: Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... by tboydbrave(m): 5:21pm On Aug 24, 2019
My budget is 800k.
Re: Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... by fendorf(m): 8:27pm On Aug 24, 2019
Please can I get price for Toyota camry 2000 engine
Re: Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... by Omobolaji20(m): 9:24pm On Aug 24, 2019
Hi MotoGuru.
The D in My Honda Civic 2006 car dashboard is blinking, sometimes it doesn't.
I read one of ur response dat it could be a gear problem? Is that only d cause or there could be something different? ND wats d cost implication.
Re: Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... by kelvinmnet(m): 9:35pm On Aug 24, 2019
Omobolaji20:
Hi MotoGuru.
The D in My Honda Civic 2006 car dashboard is blinking, sometimes it doesn't.
I read one of ur response dat it could be a gear problem? Is that only d cause or there could be something different? ND wats d cost implication.

Let your mechanic check the sensor on the gear. If you observe properly, once the D is blinking, the acceleration will be slow like the car is dragging. It won't move properly. Once you change the sensors and it doesn't give u the best performance, you may need to change your transmission.

However, change the sensors first.
Re: Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... by Omobolaji20(m): 9:40pm On Aug 24, 2019
kelvinmnet:

Let your mechanic check the sensor on the gear. If you observe properly, once the D is blinking, the acceleration will be slow like the car is dragging. It won't move properly. Once you change the sensors and it doesn't give u the best performance, you may need to change your transmission.

However, change the sensors first.

Thanks for your prompt response.
I didn't notice any slow acceleration, in fact, I had to reduce speed limit at some points.

As for the sensor, I will appreciate if u have any idea of the cost implication.

Many thanks
Re: Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... by kelvinmnet(m): 6:43am On Aug 25, 2019
Omobolaji20:

Thanks for your prompt response.
I didn't notice any slow acceleration, in fact, I had to reduce speed limit at some points.

As for the sensor, I will appreciate if u have any idea of the cost implication.

Many thanks

I have no idea on the cost since yours is a Civic. But when I changed the sensors for my 2008 Honda City then, it was around 15k for the complete sensors, mine uses 3 sensors.

Don't know how much yours will cost since it's a Civic.... Nonetheless, it should be around that range or less.
Re: Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... by feelme3(m): 11:20pm On Aug 25, 2019
Motor guru,
Please I drive a 97 Nissan maxima.
Sometime last year, noticed that when I put the gear to D, the car delays for few seconds before moving. Within this time if I step on the throttle, it will just rev without move, then after few seconds it will move. This happens in the morning or if the car has been packed for more than 5hrs.
Recently, the delay is getting longer, sometimes up to 2mins. But if I select 2 on the gear, car responds normally. So what I do for now is use 2 and drive a few blocks then put it to D.
Car still drives normal, no drag or anything abnormal. And every other gear works normal except for the D.
Re: Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... by MotorGuru: 8:42am On Aug 26, 2019
feelme3:
Motor guru,
Please I drive a 97 Nissan maxima.
Sometime last year, noticed that when I put the gear to D, the car delays for few seconds before moving. Within this time if I step on the throttle, it will just rev without move, then after few seconds it will move. This happens in the morning or if the car has been packed for more than 5hrs.
Recently, the delay is getting longer, sometimes up to 2mins. But if I select 2 on the gear, car responds normally. So what I do for now is use 2 and drive a few blocks then put it to D.
Car still drives normal, no drag or anything abnormal. And every other gear works normal except for the D.

Gearbox is on its way out. prepare for a replacement soon
Re: Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... by eightsin(m): 3:05am On Aug 27, 2019
MotorGuru:

P0330 and p0325 means your two knock sensors or the associated circuit has been compromised.

P0141 and P1155 means your post catalytic O2 sensor (after the catalyst of bank 1) and air/fuel ratio sensor(bank 2 sensor 1) is faulty.

i suggest you repair/replace them to get a good operating condition of your vehicle.

Hello boss, please I'm still waiting for the estimated cost of repairs for this. My location is Enugu. Thanks
Re: Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... by guru01(m): 3:31am On Aug 27, 2019
My Honda Accord jerks when i accelerate in forward(d4), and also after moving out of gear 2 it seems to get at selecting gear.

After meeting with two different mechanic, one said that i need to change the entire gear box which he said cost around 65k because he said the fiber is damaged(melted) that no repair change fix the problem. The other said, i should change transmission oil and service the gear sensor.

Which of this mechanic should i go with?
Re: Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... by Seunbukola187(m): 7:39am On Aug 27, 2019
MotorGuru:

You may be needing a tune up.

I would advise you scan the car, even if your check engine light is not on (just incase wink )

for a tune up we will be talking spark plug replacement, engine air filter replacement, checking of all engine fluids, gauging tire pressure, etc.
good morning sir. I have done all these you mentioned sir yet I still have very high fuel consumption. I touched my exhaust tail pipe today it was black. Please what else can I do? Scanned the car there was no error code.
Re: Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... by MotorGuru: 7:39am On Aug 27, 2019
guru01:
My Honda Accord jerks when i accelerate in forward(d4), and also after moving out of gear 2 it seems to get at selecting gear.

After meeting with two different mechanic, one said that i need to change the entire gear box which he said cost around 65k because he said the fiber is damaged(melted) that no repair change fix the problem. The other said, i should change transmission oil and service the gear sensor.

Which of this mechanic should i go with?

I beleive your car is OBD2 compliant.

Take the care for a scan and post codes here.

is your D4 lights flashing?
Re: Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... by guru01(m): 8:26am On Aug 27, 2019
MotorGuru:

I beleive your car is OBD2 compliant.

Take the care for a scan and post codes here.

is your D4 lights flashing?

It blinked few days ago when i took it to mechanic to check by the guy said i should off the engine and start again, then the blinked stopped.
How much is the scan cost?
Re: Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... by Innocent10787(m): 11:09am On Aug 27, 2019
Good morning sir, Lexus 300, year 2003 has been my dream car. Please tell me if the vehicle has any major fault that one will regret for buying it. Thank you
Re: Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... by MotorGuru: 2:45pm On Aug 28, 2019
Innocent10787:
Good morning sir, Lexus 300, year 2003 has been my dream car. Please tell me if the vehicle has any major fault that one will regret for buying it. Thank you

it is a good car.

1 Like

Re: Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... by olosaoko(m): 11:02pm On Aug 28, 2019
MotorGuru, please I need to be tutored on the best SUV that has the durability, robust, synthetic and ability to handle the Nigeria rough roads among the underwritten SUV. Your advise will enable me know which one to put money on.
The SUV are:

1.Lexus GX 2007 or 2010
2. Ford Explorer 2012
3. Toyota Land Cruiser 2007
4. Toyota Land Cruiser Prado 2012

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) ... (34) (Reply)

This Is What Happens When You Buy A Car To Impress The Society / Volkswagen Says Goodbye To Iconic Beetle (ijapa) With This Emotional Video / Would You Buy This Joystick & Butt-Shaped Car? (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.