Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,997 members, 7,814,405 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 12:21 PM

Yoruba Hebrew Heritage - Culture (63) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Yoruba Hebrew Heritage (136036 Views)

Yoruba Hebrew Heritage (End Of Discussion) / Yoruba Hebrew Heritage (Thanksgiving Thread) / Unanswered Questions On Yoruba's Hebrew Heritage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (60) (61) (62) (63) (64) (65) (66) ... (97) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Yoruba Hebrew Heritage by Obalufon: 8:34pm On Apr 30, 2020
S400:

every time you're cornered with source and evidence you jump and invent new thing . there is a lot of serious DNA studies of maghreb populations that was done and they are easy to find on google , i dont have have the patience to continue playing around , There are none so blind as those who will not see .

so last post for me in this thread , for this yoruba origin thread here a source from a serious DNA study from national geographic Geno 2.0 project , : https://genographic.nationalgeographic.com/reference-populations-next-gen/

you can see that for youruba, they have only 3% DNA from north african berbers but are mostly western central africans 89% wink

have a nice day.

Rest to your imagination i don't expect less from you You are North African.
Re: Yoruba Hebrew Heritage by 2prexios: 10:47am On May 01, 2020
In a thousand years you will go in circles with this guys without a finish line in sight. All they want is to make the subject "inconclusive".

They never made you study Yoruba history through "Yoruba indeginous knowledge", because they don't have any idea a knowledge like that exists.

The irony is to go through modern "Oyinbo scientific knowledge" as proxy to "Yoruba history". You never get to learn anything Yoruba from this folks.

Their treasure or assets are foreign words and phrases like lower guinea, Bantu, Niger Congo etc that has no interpretation in Yoruba.

Isn't that "Historical colonialism" or "whitewashed" African history by folks blaming others for inferiority complex? So what is the difference at the end?

That's fake history bro. Fake history from precision machines and Pittsburgh hoaxes. Why not employ Yoruba tradition to tell the white man's history?

We are not dinosaurs of Sahara, we don't have to be discovered from electronic apparatus, we can tell our history the way tradition put it.

We need no 40 million of years ago to be proud of. Just allow Yoruba tradition speak as your DNA and other precision machines speaks too

That's all.

grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Yoruba Hebrew Heritage by macof(m): 2:31pm On May 01, 2020
2prexios:
In a thousand years you will go in circles with this guys without a finish line in sight. All they want is to make the subject "inconclusive".

They never made you study Yoruba history through "Yoruba indeginous knowledge", because they don't have any idea a knowledge like that exists.

The irony is to go through modern "Oyinbo scientific knowledge" as proxy to "Yoruba history". You never get to learn anything Yoruba from this folks.

Their treasure or assets are foreign words and phrases like lower guinea, Bantu, Niger Congo etc that has no interpretation in Yoruba.

Isn't that "Historical colonialism" or "whitewashed" African history by folks blaming others for inferiority complex? So what is the difference at the end?

That's fake history bro. Fake history from precision machines and Pittsburgh hoaxes. Why not employ Yoruba tradition to tell the white man's history?

We are not dinosaurs of Sahara, we don't have to be discovered from electronic apparatus, we can tell our history the way tradition put it.

We need no 40 million of years ago to be proud of. Just allow Yoruba tradition speak as your DNA and other precision machines speaks too

That's all.

grin

Will you keep your dumb self shut. What Yoruba indigenous knowledge do you learn Yoruba history from?
When indigenous records say Ife is the origin of yoruba, you say its a lie.
When indigenous records say oduduwa is from Òkè-Ọ̀rà you lot say no he's from the middle East

What Yoruba tradition told you that Yoruba are Hebrews? Where is the record of yoruba migration from the middle East? Where are the mentions of the places settled between the middle East and west africa?
Why did yoruba lose the culture and traditions of the middle East but clearly posses a west African culture and tradition?

Your source is the bible, you read the bible looking for Yoruba in a book that the Yoruba don't exist in.
You have no traditional source so keep quiet

3 Likes

Re: Yoruba Hebrew Heritage by Obalufon: 3:43pm On May 01, 2020
macof:

Will you keep your dumb self shut. What Yoruba indigenous knowledge do you learn Yoruba history from?
When indigenous records say oduduwa is from Òkè-Ọ̀rà you lot say no he's from the middle East

What Yoruba tradition told you that Yoruba are Hebrews? Where is the record of yoruba migration from the middle East? Where are the mentions of the places settled between the middle East and west africa?
Why did yoruba lose the culture and traditions of the middle East but clearly posses a west African culture and tradition?

Your source is the bible, you read the bible looking for Yoruba in a book that the Yoruba don't exist in.

Oke-Ora..?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Yoruba Hebrew Heritage by 2prexios: 11:27am On May 04, 2020
My error,

I forgot to put "West African" as "asset" in Yoruba history.

It's another historical phrase plucked from Yoruba antiquity.

That phrase is pregnant with "History".

cheesy cheesy
Re: Yoruba Hebrew Heritage by bluke(m): 1:52pm On May 07, 2020
macof:

they didnt accept the mid east new tradition (islam) was the main reason for evacuation.
Re: Yoruba Hebrew Heritage by adee17: 3:09pm On May 07, 2020
Well if true that Yoruba ancestors left Arabia because they refused to absorb Islamic tenets, what of those that have migrated earlier than 700-800AD( peak of Islam in Arabia). Yoruba migrated in waves as earlier as 1000-2000BC and the most recent was returning from Spain and Morocco around 14-15th century thereabout following persecution. They were called Bnai-Ephraim and settled in Lagos and some in Ondo. Mind you I am not disputing your theory.

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Hebrew Heritage by macof(m): 7:37pm On May 07, 2020
adee17:
Well if true that Yoruba ancestors left Arabia because they refused to absorb Islamic tenets, what of those that have migrated earlier than 700-800AD( peak of Islam in Arabia). Yoruba migrated in waves as earlier as 1000-2000BC and the most recent was returning from Spain and Morocco around 14-15th century thereabout following persecution. They were called Bnai-Ephraim and settled in Lagos and some in Ondo. Mind you I am not disputing your theory .
Lmao
A religion is not an ethnic group. Those are converted into Judaism making up nonsense history like converted Muslims did 200 years ago

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Hebrew Heritage by adee17: 7:51pm On May 07, 2020
How are you sure they were converted hebrews? Are you saying there are no original hebrews on earth again? I know religion is not ethnicity but I wonder why those migrants from far away Spain and Morroco choose to come to Yoruba land if they dont have prior knowledge of earlier migrants to the same place. Mind you the story of the migration of this Bnai-Ephraim is known and recorded in history.
macof:

Lmao
A religion is not an ethnic group. Those are converted into Judaism making up nonsense history like converted Muslims did 200 years ago

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Yoruba Hebrew Heritage by Obalufon: 11:07pm On May 07, 2020
macof:

Lmao

what year was the first mosque built in yoruba land.
Re: Yoruba Hebrew Heritage by macof(m): 12:04am On May 08, 2020
adee17:
How are you sure they were converted hebrews? Are you saying there are no original hebrews on earth again? I know religion is not ethnicity but I wonder why those migrants from far away Spain and Morroco choose to come to Yoruba land if they dont have prior knowledge of earlier migrants to the same place. Mind you the story of the migration of this Bnai-Ephraim is known and recorded in history.

How am I sure they are converted? Well discrepancies, lack of evidence, the claim being in complete contradiction with established facts

How are you sure that they have always been Jews living in Yorùbáland?

1. There are no records of Jewish or Hebrew religion in Yorùbáland.. Not by the Sufi scholars of Gao or Timbuktu, not by the European explorers and certainly not by the Yoruba
If you are aware of records of Jewish religion before Christianity in the 19th century do share

2. Even if there were records of the presence of Jewish religion prior to Christianity (or even Islam, good luck finding evidence for that though) that would not mean that those Jews were always following the religion or that they were ancestrally descended from Hebrews

To prove that such an early Jewish presence was in fact present since the beginning of the Yoruba civilization
You would need to provide archeological evidence of Jewish art or any form of tangible Hebrew artefact that is as old as the Yoruba civilization

To prove that descendants of Hebrews indeed settle in Yorùbáland you would have to provide dna analysis tracing the modern Yoruba to 4000 year old Jews

Oh do provide the records of the Bnai Ephraim you claim are original yorubas practicing Judaism who migrated from Israel to Spain then to Yorùbáland. I would love to read a scholarly work on this migration

I also saw in that laughable oriki thread where everyone is just saying nonsense that you say Whydah is the kingdom of judah because you saw Whydah written as "Juda" on a European map grin
Man, how lazy can Nigerians be. Now is it too hard for you to study Whydah history and see if it is stated to be founded by Hebrews from the Kingdom of Judah or by Black West Africans?
Did you bother asking yourself why different European maps would write the name of saveral African kingdoms different? The inability of Europeans to pronounce the proper African names never occurred to you?

You got a lot to learn man

3 Likes

Re: Yoruba Hebrew Heritage by adee17: 4:27am On May 08, 2020
Don't close your mind to learning@macof no matter how strange it might look. There are footprints of evidence around you of Near East ancestry of Yoruba but you can't see it or you choose not to. In fact it is almost proven conclusively that Torah itself was written in Yoruba language, I mean ancient Yoruba Language, not the 'Oyonised' version we are all speaking or writing now. I found it odd that you are contesting that Yoruba are migrants here when our tradition, culture, Language, and even oral history of some Yoruba towns alluded to it.
Re: Yoruba Hebrew Heritage by macof(m): 8:05am On May 08, 2020
adee17:
Don't close your mind to learning@macof no matter how strange it might look. There are footprints of evidence around you of Near East ancestry of Yoruba but you can't see it or you choose not to. In fact it is almost proven conclusively that Torah itself was written in Yoruba language, I mean ancient Yoruba Language, not the 'Oyonised' version we are all speaking or writing now. I found it odd that you are contesting that Yoruba are migrants here when our tradition, culture, Language, and even oral history of some Yoruba towns alluded to it.
don't tell me that nonsense. You provide something worth learning and sensible people will learn
You can't bring jargons worth the shit of a baby and say I should learn from that

You attest to the abundance of evidence... Provide them
Provide the torah written in ancient Yoruba language

What towns alude to migration from the near East?
Note I asked what towns not what religious sects
That some miscreant Christians and Muslims use the bible and quran to create imaginative stories about the Yoruba does not serve as history.. The traceability to recent religious influences is evident by the sources being of non - traditional (ie. Isese) nature, in direct contradiction to Isese. No town's established traditional records would be in such disassociation from Isese institutions

PS. Notice how you did not answer any questions

2 Likes

Re: Yoruba Hebrew Heritage by gregyboy(m): 4:05pm On May 08, 2020
[quote author=RamessesIV post=89002659]So every benin started believing in these traditions in the 30's the same benin I know

Politics Benin You are telling me the oba of benin fabricated history just to roll with yoruba

And what political benefits?? Benin and south south were always on their own since colonial times

I find it hard to believe a king will forge history just for politics,is just like igbos who claim ikas claim benin ancestry cause their present king grew up in benin[/quote

Yoruba fabricated thier history just for political gains too

Oduduwa was a deity and he never existed he was only worshiped in ife.... Untill after 1914 ife emerged as artwork centre of Yorubaland and it sort for a good ground to lay the yorubas geneology rather than oyo

Oyo used to be the centre of all yorubas untill recently changed to ife

Re: Yoruba Hebrew Heritage by Obalufon: 4:18pm On May 08, 2020
what is your stress with yoruba issue. Mr man. you seems to be obsessed with yoruba or just sheer hatred or jealousy only a bastard yoruba will not see intention of your...
Re: Yoruba Hebrew Heritage by Obalufon: 4:21pm On May 08, 2020
[quote author=gregyboy post=89326517][/quote]what is your stress with yoruba issue. Mr man. you seems to be obsessed with yoruba or just sheer hatred or jealousy only a bastard yoruba will not see intention of your post
Re: Yoruba Hebrew Heritage by gregyboy(m): 4:26pm On May 08, 2020
Obalufon:
what is your stress with yoruba issue. Mr man. you seems to be obsessed with yoruba or just sheer hatred or jealousy only a bastard yoruba will not see intention of your...

Yoruba are the ones obsessed with the benin history every now and then they keep our history to thiers to maks it sound pleasing
They rather swiftly denounce from it or i will expose all thier mythical history to all tribes here on nairaland

But am inquisitive oyo used to be the central authority in yoruba land untill the creation of nigeria when yorubas began tracing thier suppose origin to ife..... An author talked about the fact that the yorubas didn't want to have the issue of of political hierarchy so all of them began tracing thier origin directly to ife as Oduduwa sons and daughter.....

But why...... I want you to explain
Re: Yoruba Hebrew Heritage by TAO11(f): 4:55pm On May 08, 2020
gregyboy:

Yoruba are the ones obsessed with the benin history every now and then they keep our history to thiers to maks it sound pleasing
They rather swiftly denounce from it or i will expose all thier mythical history to all tribes here on nairaland

But i inquisitive oyo used to be the central authority in yoruba land untill the creation of nigeria when yorubas becakw tracing thier suppose origin to ife..... An author talked about the fact that the yorubas didn't want to have the issue of of political hierarchy so all of them began tracing thier origin directly to ife as Oduduwa sons and daughter.....

But why...... I want you to explain

Shut up!

You have already contradicted yourself on this before.

You said it wasnt the Yorubas who came up with the connection.

You wrote for weeks that it was your Obas who sold you cheap and fabricated the connection with Ife by force by fire for cheap political gains.

Did you not say that? So, why are you now trying hard to change the narrative just a few days later?

You have to make up your mind, little boy.
Re: Yoruba Hebrew Heritage by gregyboy(m): 6:03pm On May 08, 2020
TAO11:

Shut up!

You wrote for weeks that it was your Obas who sold you cheap and fabricated the connection with Ife for cheap political gains.

Did you not say that? So, why are you now trying hard to change the narrative just a few days later?

You have to make up your mind, little boy.

Samuk
Valirex
Ghostwon
AreaFada2
Sarah20A

You all should help me tell her to keep her smelly abusive tongue to herself

She is so pianed when i speak

She seem unable to resist my comment here
Re: Yoruba Hebrew Heritage by TAO11(f): 6:09pm On May 08, 2020
gregyboy:

Samuk
Valirex
Ghostwon
AreaFada2
Sarah20A

I know it rattles you when you get exposed. cheesy grin

If you want me to stop exposing your lies, you know what to do.

Type only truths. It's that simple.

Re: Yoruba Hebrew Heritage by AreaFada2: 6:29pm On May 08, 2020
gregyboy:

Samuk
Valirex
Ghostwon
AreaFada2
Sarah20A

It's quite astonishing how a supposed woman can easily show bad manners in public.

We made it clear here long ago that we can all agree to disagree but everyone one has the right to passionately put their views across. Hopefully everyone will learn a thing or two.

Why they would be using uncouth language is probably due to intolerance. A situation that in the past in South West relatives suffered immense physical persecution, immense loss of property and assets, even being deposed, for.

The pain is that thought twisting Benin history would be a doddle. They forget that the silence of Benin people wasn't due to ignorance but the belief that detractors are wasting their time. That is still true but now we have new generations of people who get their information from social media. Unlike a generation ago. To not correct erroneous assertions of detractors would be a mistake now.
A Benin girl born and bred in Lagos once said with confidence online that Benin people come from Yoruba.

She called herself a proud Benin girl but knew nothing about her clan. Based in questions I asked her about her morning greeting.

In the end she admitted that Yoruba people always told her that Benin people come from Yoruba. She has never read any book by a Benin historian or any historian on Benin.
She had no idea about Benin reign in Lagos or Eastern Yorubaaland.

In her mind being called part of Yoruba as a Benin person made her feel accepted by Yorubas in a Yoruba cultural environment. But she could not see the implications of that "acceptance" as a Greek gift.

That even some of our people not anchored to their roots can be fed with distorted history makes it imperative to speak up.

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Hebrew Heritage by Sarah20A(f): 6:33pm On May 08, 2020
Re: Yoruba Hebrew Heritage by gregyboy(m): 7:23pm On May 08, 2020
AreaFada2:

It's quite astonishing how a supposed woman can easily show bad manners in public.

We made it clear here long ago that we can all agree to disagree but everyone one has the right to passionately put their views across. Hopefully everyone will learn a thing or two.

Why they would be using uncouth language is probably due to intolerance. A situation that in the past in South West relatives suffered immense physical persecution, immense loss of property and assets, even being deposed, for.

The pain is that thought twisting Benin history would be a doddle. They forget that the silence of Benin people wasn't due to ignorance but the belief that detractors are wasting their time. That is still true but now we have new generations of people who get their information from social media. Unlike a generation ago. To not correct erroneous assertions of detractors would be a mistake now.
A Benin girl born and bred in Lagos once said with confidence online that Benin people come from Yoruba.

She called herself a proud Benin girl but knew nothing about her clan. Based in questions I asked her about her morning greeting.

In the end she admitted that Yoruba people always told her that Benin people come from Yoruba. She has never read any book by a Benin historian or any historian on Benin.
She had no idea about Benin reign in Lagos or Eastern Yorubaaland.

In her mind being called part of Yoruba as a Benin person made her feel accepted by Yorubas in a Yoruba cultural environment. But she could not see the implications of that "acceptance" as a Greek gift.

That even some of our people not anchored to their roots can be fed with distorted history makes it imperative to speak up.

I came across a lady then while in the uni
She was an igbo lady brought up in benin she argued the benin history with me that benins came from yorubas i was so pained in my bones hearing it from an igbo lady who even lived and was brought up inbenin i gave her ekaladeran book to read after reading she was like wow, she has all aling been fooledshe onced spent most of her years in lagos were she learnt all this before her parents came to Benin

Only if i could go back in time and collect that book and rather explain to her all of it was a myth

I have spent some good number of my life arguing this Oduduwa myth and i have not one day questioned it untill this year.......
As times goes by i will fully understand entailing the myth and there will be a need to write on them

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Hebrew Heritage by Obalufon: 8:07pm On May 08, 2020
gregyboy:

She was an igbo lady brought up in benin she argued the benin history with me that benins came from yorubas i was so pained in my bones hearing it from an igbo lady who even lived and was brought up inbenin i gave her ekaladeran book to read after reading she was like wow, she has all aling been fooledshe onced spent most of her years in lagos were she learnt all this before her parents came to Benin

Only if i could go back in time and collect that book and rather explain to her all of it was a myth

I have spent some good number of my life arguing this Oduduwa myth and i have not one day questioned it untill this year.......
As times goes by i will fully understand entailing the myth and there will be a need to write on them
we are not talking about benin here so shut the Bleep up
!
Re: Yoruba Hebrew Heritage by AreaFada2: 8:44pm On May 08, 2020
gregyboy:

And sadly many Benin people born and bred in SW have been so equally brainwashed like the Igbo lady.

You still see many Igbo lumping Benin with Yoruba. Not realising that in doing so, they are psychologically empowering their biggest rivals in 9ja politics: the Yorubas. The Yorubas are the most likely Igbo deny their fair share in Nigeria than any other tribe. The largely "Christlem" Yorubas prefer taking orders from the caliphate than be equal with Igbo.

Their lumping Ijaw/Jonathan with Igbo also fuel hate for Jonathan. As Jonathan won't be their boi-boi.
They preferred a senile coup plotter from the North. grin

Look back to 1960, when have Igbo and Yoruba successfully collaborated with Igbo at the national level? Never. The mistrust has been there and getting worse.
Re: Yoruba Hebrew Heritage by gregyboy(m): 10:19pm On May 08, 2020
Obalufon:
we are not talking about benin here so shut the Bleep up
!

Who said, can you boldly say benin had not been mentioned in this thread since it began i guess
No yoruba history is not complete without mentioning of benin to support thier mythical history
Re: Yoruba Hebrew Heritage by TAO11(f): 10:22pm On May 08, 2020
gregyboy:

Who said, can you boldly say benin had not been mentioned in this thread since it began i guess
No yoruba history is not complete without mentioning of benin to support thier mythical history

Shut up!

You wrote for weeks that it was your Obas who sold you cheap and fabricated the connection with Ife for cheap political gains.

You have to make up your mind, little boy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Yoruba Hebrew Heritage by macof(m): 11:22pm On May 08, 2020
TAO11:

Shut up!

You have to make up your mind, little boy

I'm just reading their chats and laughing.
Two Bini clowns grin
That Areafada fear Yoruba more than anything
The inferiority complex is realer than real grin

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Hebrew Heritage by TAO11(f): 11:55pm On May 08, 2020
macof:

I'm just reading their chats and laughing.
Two Bini clowns grin
That Areafada fear Yoruba more than anything
The inferiority complex is realer than real grin

I swear their fear-fear no be here.

They will gladly accept to be descendants of apes than accept the incontrovertible historical fact that the Benin dynasty is from Ife.
Re: Yoruba Hebrew Heritage by Olu317(m): 2:00pm On May 09, 2020
RamessesIV:
This inferiority complex of negros,that they want to look for ways to tie themselves to the middle east cause of religion no wonder whites claim we weren't doing anything and all our achievements were done by Berber/arabs ���
Can you explain the reason the Opa Oranmiyah is Hebrew ? If you're inferior ,then that's your self conviction. So infer your view like a scholar.
Re: Yoruba Hebrew Heritage by macof(m): 2:36pm On May 09, 2020
Olu317:
Can you explain the reason the Opa Oranmiyah is Hebrew ? If you're inferior ,then that's your self conviction. So infer your view like a scholar.
You'll first explain HOW it is Hebrew

(1) (2) (3) ... (60) (61) (62) (63) (64) (65) (66) ... (97) (Reply)

Do You Consider Somalis As Black? / Post your photos of Igbo village houses here / How To Say "I Love You" In The Various Nigerian Languages

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.