Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,186 members, 7,860,260 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 08:28 AM

Yoruba Hebrew Heritage - Culture (80) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Yoruba Hebrew Heritage (141385 Views)

Yoruba Hebrew Heritage (End Of Discussion) / Yoruba Hebrew Heritage (Thanksgiving Thread) / Unanswered Questions On Yoruba's Hebrew Heritage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (77) (78) (79) (80) (81) (82) (83) ... (97) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Yoruba Hebrew Heritage by Obalufon: 7:03pm On Jul 19, 2020
macof:

Continued Idiocy. With every post you just gleefully expose your lack of proper education and any intellect whatsoever

A yoruba man cannot be a yoruba wannabe.

same can't be said for you whoever you are that wants to be arab or hebrew or anything from the middle east by all means. A semtic wannabe ready to denounce his true ancestors
you are shameless and disgraceful to the yoruba nation with no sense of connection to our people, our land or ancestors. A thoroughly disconnected soul who would rather do anything to feel and behave like an arab or hebrew. You might have to be deported to the middle east to live among your assumed and preferred people grin
You are doing more damage connecting our proud and well civilized ancestors with bunch of naked people of benue congo confluence or kwa or what ever you called it

3 Likes

Re: Yoruba Hebrew Heritage by MetaPhysical: 8:00pm On Jul 19, 2020
macof:

Continued Idiocy. With every post you just gleefully expose your lack of proper education and any intellect whatsoever

A yoruba man cannot be a yoruba wannabe.

same can't be said for you whoever you are that wants to be arab or hebrew or anything from the middle east by all means. A semtic wannabe ready to denounce his true ancestors
you are shameless and disgraceful to the yoruba nation with no sense of connection to our people, our land or ancestors. A thoroughly disconnected soul who would rather do anything to feel and behave like an arab or hebrew. You might have to be deported to the middle east to live among your assumed and preferred people grin

Maybe i do need to be deported there so I can reincarnate Yoruba ancestral cult in its birthplace...away from your Kwa madness. Yeye person.

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Hebrew Heritage by MetaPhysical: 8:07pm On Jul 19, 2020
Olu317:
2prexios,

Pardon me for the late response to your question on the word ‘sin' in Hebrew, if it is connected to Yoruba's word for sin though there, root that has S N in Hebrew's ideograms.

This bilateral root S N is written as Son by one of the interpreter, which means ‘ to flock animal for migration.'

This word is tactically in cognate with Yoruba's sin : to flock or stray while animal husbandry

While ,Sin in English ; offence,guilt, do smething thats wrong , does not have same cognate with classic Hebrew after transliteration and translation which is derived from the following alphabetical order

Aleph(ah/eh)
Shin(sh)
mem(m)

Ashem/or Eshem ,which is same as Yoruba's Eshe or Eshem( my sin).
transliterated as the following:

Look in Yoruba's Esin (worship) for the cognate in Sin (astray).

I found, in decryptying Yoruba words with its foreign cognates, that the principle of paradox is enabled.

I wonder if its deliberate in our ancestors or if the foreign culture inverted the meaning on purpose.
Re: Yoruba Hebrew Heritage by macof(m): 9:01pm On Jul 19, 2020
Obalufon:
You are doing more damage connecting our proud and well civilized ancestors with bunch of naked people of benue congo confluence or kwa or what ever you called it
If you cannot be proud and loyal to the yoruba because you think African people are "bunch of uncivilised naked people" then you are not useful to the yoruba nation, you are of greater use to the arabs and jews since those are the people you admire and prefer
You do not deny your parents because of whatever problem you have with your cousins and start claiming to be the son of someone else. That is the attitude of a bastard and i am sure you know that

And just to mention.... African people are not a bunch of uncivilised naked people. All africans are great people and we have every reason to be proud of our africanness. The Hebrews you admire had no great civilization but they remained proud and faithful to their heritage. Pride and Self esteem uplifts nations

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Yoruba Hebrew Heritage by Obalufon: 11:50pm On Jul 19, 2020
macof:
If you cannot be proud and loyal to the yoruba because you think African people are "bunch of uncivilised naked people" then you are not useful to the yoruba nation, you are of greater use to the arabs and jews since those are the people you admire and prefer
You do not deny your parents because of whatever problem you have with your cousins and start claiming to be the son of someone else. That is the attitude of a bastard and i am sure you know that

And just to mention.... African people are not a bunch of uncivilised naked people. All africans are great people and we have every reason to be proud of our africanness. The Hebrews you admire had no great civilization but they remained proud and faithful to their heritage. Pride and Self esteem uplifts nations
That is the problem Africa is Diverse continent you have to know that Mr macof we are not the same "" Nilotic is totally different from Bantu and Cushite ...Hebrew are not white people they are black skinned people"" Moses married Ethiopian woman ,you can't tell the difference between Ethiopian and Hebrew and Egyptian in the Bible that is why Joseph and Mary flee to Egypt to hide Jesus from King Herod because they were black skinned if they had moved North they would be easily detected because of color of their skin among White skinned people ,.... During the pharaonic period kushite empire stretched to chad region ..The mysterious kingdom of Yam in Egyptian history is located their..Yoruba could be of product Cushite black that migrated down due to the desertification of Sahara or migration of Hebrew and Egyptian down south due to War in upper Nile . Igbo is totally different from Hausa genetically and phenotypically ..Yoruba is different

2 Likes

Re: Yoruba Hebrew Heritage by Gvenza: 12:36pm On Jul 20, 2020
absoluteSuccess:
We are familiar with the story of Elijah in the Hebrew scripture.

There seems to be a Yoruba perspective to it: Aja.

The name Ajagbe may be a repository of history that seek to immortalize the memorial of Elijah in anal of Yoruba liturgy. All that is left of that is a foggy tradition that we may still remember to some extent.

In one of Yoruba's storytelling, its often said that when there is whirlwind, someone can be taken away, and so, no one must get close to an active whirlwind. It is often said that whirlwind may take one away and when one comes back, one becomes very powerful.

The regular whirlwind is 'iji' in Yoruba, while 'Aja' is the one that takes one away that one may return and be very powerful. I want to think the belief is well rooted among ancient Yoruba, hence the name Ajagbe was coined to mean "taken away by whirlwind".

In fact, while throwing water on the whirlwind, the Yoruba often shout thief!! to break the whirlwind before it damages or takes anyone away. Aja is akin to Jah in Elijah, meaning 'El is Jah'. Aja is Yoruba for somewhere in the sky where one goes to become powerful.

Well you wont find Elijah in Yoruba tradition, but you will find a gist or a hint that shows that a man can be taken away by whirlwind unto the sky is tenable in Yoruba tradition, then you can bring the integrals closer to see how the story goes. who learnt from who?

Elijah's ascention is 'Ajagbe' to the ancient Yorubas, although they lost the records, but they kept the foggy idea till date.

Erimoje ni mi,
Omo Sa Aja...

Click the link and make cool money for your self not 4me bcoz I'm making my own cash 2 just wanna help �good luck https://udevideon.host/416862786281854
Re: Yoruba Hebrew Heritage by Gvenza: 12:44pm On Jul 20, 2020
Good day everyone am here to alert you about new business online that you can do online on phone anywhere anytime no money paid it free so now just a step..
Click the link and register and make cool money for your self not 4me bcoz I'm making my own cash 2 just wanna help �good luck https://udevideon.host/416862786281854
Re: Yoruba Hebrew Heritage by Obalufon: 3:20pm On Jul 20, 2020
Re: Yoruba Hebrew Heritage by Olu317(m): 10:38pm On Jul 21, 2020
MetaPhysical:

Oru - Ur
IleIfe - Nineveh

As many times that you have made these connections, a true and unbiased historian....or even a linguist would have been inspired to investigate that angle.

An ambitious professional would show interest to see if something not previously touched could now be discovered to push forward knowledge for humanity and position, if any errors in past, a new truthful account divergent from past assumptions and or studies.

Macof is neither unbiased or ambitious. He is here to shut down inspiration, to snap at new leads and disparage theories, and steer blindly for a under-investigated and mis-applied Kwa structure.

When i heard you talked about Greek-Hebrew- Levant connection, I started going into Greek-English Bible. I swear I saw some words in there and wondered to myself if the authors knew they were writing Yoruba.

Words like Bere, to begin; Gabar, strength, Mulk, splendor, and many more. Respectively these are Ibere, Agbara and Miliki.

I am not a linguist or historian but you aroused my interest and through that discovered new things and independent sources that confirmed knowledge I already obtained in another source. Not that I do but If I had doubt about my source for any reason, following your info share and picking up a Greek Bible to find same knowledge in its consistency settled my trust.

This is what I have observed everyone here doing....improving knowledge and info share through open-mindedness and interest. Macof remains the exception. Yet he refuses to offer his own theories.

Tao is an opponent view but reading some things she shared I have been able to add to my knowledge.

Opposition should not be a "tear it down" drive....but rather an approach to assist and expand awareness.

I wish Alade-Kwa good luck!
Bro, Ur is Ooru in Yoruba language and the information on that city that Yoruba acknowledged as the ancestral home. The word Ur(Oorru) mean hot city via Sun.. This place is known as Elasra in Iraq.

Interestingly , Iraq is part if the olacw Ninveh came to be. This information, does not mean the Yorubas ancestor's were they first group on earth.but that the language is the supposedly spiritual and franca lingua of religious belief.

Wishing him best of luck ib over ambitiously. because right now ,he is a failwd
Re: Yoruba Hebrew Heritage by Olu317(m): 7:52am On Jul 22, 2020
macof:

Lol
Re: Yoruba Hebrew Heritage by Olu317(m): 7:54am On Jul 22, 2020
macof:

We are well informed with the fact, that not all Africans were naked when in contacts with other groups because same existed everywhere at one time in the world.

Infact, Arab world made one of the finest stylish clothing design, which was and known as Arabian baggie.So, we aren't over emphasising bareness, where civilization didn't exist until later contact with others.Thus, it is no news in world's history on ‘clothing'. But does this make Yoruba original home in Africa continent without proof either through dna or linguistic connection ? In the the book : ‘ Lost Tribe of Israel' by Dierk Lange; he showed the patterns of migration of Yoruba ancestors from Near East through , North Africa, such, Morocco, Egypt to West Africa, that support oral account of Or; ur ; Oru, in Near East for you people to see. But instead, you claimed Oral account is false and incorrect and that ,the erudite Professor Dierk Lange on History is not correct but you are correct on Yoruba history grin ? I wonder who need take you seriously? Non among world scholar I affirm because Yoruba footprint is only established in 10th century AD .

Severally, I have mentioned before now tat you lacked both Western Education and Traditional knowledge on Yoruba people's history, which ought be contrary to wjat you claimed you studied because you are a brainwashed man by your own references , which has always made it clear that IleIfe Nigeria was a Cosmopolitan and has moved several times that's more than six times grin Lol

Honest, if I say you're ignorant beyond repair, it is because since you dont even understand purpose of root word as a form of deciphered Ideograms, in Y. R . B which sheepishly accept as Yoruba identity, then your scholarly claim is with ernomous flaws.Even your so called non existence believers who read on this platform can't decipher, the accurate word that I had posted earlier for you people to see. No wonder, your ignorance is greater that the same Arabic oriented term which is what you still called the people you claimed to be part of .Yet you rejected any knowledge of , Yoruba's traditions that said, Caucasians are part of their lineage as well as many others groups. Mu², go ask what is called Iru risha( god's hair in Yoruba's tradition if it is a black man hair ?. Thereafter, go read how people became Caucasian? grin

Furthermore, Ahmed Buba is well known on Africas account from North Africa, Songhai's IFE's kings its people, way of life etc by both promiment Yorubas and non Yorubas scholars on Yoruba's history but here you are claiming Arabs, Hebrews, Berbers, Phonecians didnt exist in West Afriac or in Yoruba land but Pygmy's or Kwa related groups, existed alongside Yoruba's ?

The Yorubapeople whose languages adopted Yoruba's lexicon from it reestablishment in Egypt from 4th century BC ! that, you know because you are a Lazy man to read . Instead, of you to beg Me cheesy to learn the hebrew knowledge, that you seek through surfing the wrong places online zealously, by pretence and diversionary provocative vulgar term usage, that sold you out as a pseudo scholar.

These attitude of yours has made me your nemesis because you ACCEPTED the same Arabic oriented word, YORUBA-YARBA-Yoruba ,without historicity on the derivative of the Root word ; Y R B , which is contrary to your claim and name associated with authority on Yoruba's people's history due to your ignorance as I had posted earlier for you and likes to see and decipher the real word and its meaning which was used and is a corrupt form of Oranmiyah's ancestors totem. I have given you the clue on one of Yoruba's king Totem of O dud and descendants grin Lobatan! Mr. Yoruba Macof.
Re: Yoruba Hebrew Heritage by Olu317(m): 8:02am On Jul 22, 2020
Gvenza:
Good day everyone am here to alert you about new business online that you can do online on phone anywhere anytime no money paid it free so now just a step..
Click the link and register and make cool money for your self not 4me bcoz I'm making my own cash 2 just wanna help �good luck https://udevideon.host/416862786281854
Take yoir information to female forum! Do the needful.
Re: Yoruba Hebrew Heritage by macof(m): 1:59pm On Jul 22, 2020
Olu317:
Lol
stop mentioning me until you heal yourself from your state of anti African self hate and middle eastern ass licking
Re: Yoruba Hebrew Heritage by Olu317(m): 9:31pm On Jul 22, 2020
macof:
stop mentioning me until you heal yourself from your state of anti African self hate and middle eastern ass licking
Lol grin . Truth is bitter because, you can't understand it. Accept the truth and desist from such notion and stop being trickish. Even Past Oonis have made their clear stance on humanity as originating from Ileife/ninuife and known as Nineveh in Western World. In effect, the bone of contention of authenticity of Sultan Muhammad Bello information that, mentioned Masar, which is Egypt, Habsa which s Abbyssia ( Ethiopia) as the road that Yoruba's ancestors migrated through is authentic. Afterwards, this same thing happened with Yoruba people desertion of Old Oyo and went into Nikki and Borgu kingdom's territory to spend over 100 years( a century),around 16th century before retaking her kingdom back around Middle 17th century that later became an Empire.

This is the point that showcase Yoruba ancestors didn't hate anyone but showcase that Almighty God Elu Iwa is her's and that all humanity are from same source. So, stop pushing blame wrongly because you're the one that dwell and dine with hatred. After all, you hardly agree with anything or both men and women who have written books on Yoruba history, even if few of these people were traditional initiated into Yoruba's traditional association .

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Hebrew Heritage by 2prexios: 7:34am On Jul 23, 2020
MetaPhysical:

This is what Ive realized. It's why im recently coming at him with questions on concepts that cannot be aided in google search.

He told us about Owo, Ogho, Ego being co rooted but he has dodged my challenge to expound on it.

Owo and even Money are both Yoruba words. The word OWE in English is borrowed from Yoruba....OWO, and the MONEY in English is borrowed from Yoruba....MO NI

There was a time that the Yoruba had a connection with the Celtics, the earliest inhabitants of England in the Roman era.

So several of the Yoruba/English cognates might be from this source and not to exclude the Anglo Saxon axis either. Languages travel with emigrants.

The point of contact is explored in the link I have on my signature or dp. Facts have a good route of connection.

But to authenticate originality will be a difficult task in some cases. Like the idea I've shared here at some point about upstairs, petesi and petrezin.

English: upstairs
Yoruba: petesi
Egun: petrezin

Petesi feels odd in Yoruba to my hearing and expectations of the usual nuances of the Yoruba language. Because if it's an ancient word, it would connect to one ancient mind or the other.

Then grandpa had an upstairs that my folks called "petrezin ji aga", meaning upstairs on top high. So, the true word should be aga, akin to Aja in Yoruba. That's the ancient mind connection.

My repulsion for the petesi as a borrowed word first stems from petrezin: azìn in Egun is eyin in Yoruba, egg, but azín means groundnut.

I wonder what the connection between the egg could be with an upstairs, and the subconscious connected it to the Yoruba petesi. And that settles the confusion.

However, I can't say if that's what all the Egun call the upstairs, because it could be my folks who have loaned the word because it's (upstairs) in their possession.

But again, if not, they should have an indeginous word for the same idea from their cultural experience and past examples So, my source have a way of validating itself.

How about the Yoruba petesi? PTS, UP STAIR S.

The Yoruba had loaned the word descreetly, (afetiya) that a Yoruba man that cannot trace anything beyond the recent past would argue it's a Yoruba word.

We can see how the word was borrowed, and how someone else borrowed a borrowed language and it ended up sitting well in their language petre-zin.

Had it been I know of an animal called petre in that language, would have assume it's a name derived from some myth.

Moni and money

Baba, akiitori awijare, kito o tan lenu, toto o se biowe. Awon oro mii wa to fara pera, tojepe taa ba se aayan lori won o le ni itunmo. Sugbon atun gbodo wo saakun oro oun, boya o se regi pelu itan bi ati tan tabi bi ede to tan.

To ba wa se regi, o doni peki niyen. Oun to tiya kan kii tun pemo, oro to dani loju kii kose lete eni. Ju gbogbo re lo, gbogbo aso ko laasa loorun. Eje kafise onipele ipele. Ipele kinni, keji, keta abbl.

Ibadara, kafi awon oro to lapere se edidi fun gbogbo iwadi wa na, boya oro le sun kan awon onipele keji bi ti akole eka ti e menu ba loke ti mo ta ni koko ninu atejade yi lojo 'waju. Oromborobo...
Re: Yoruba Hebrew Heritage by Olu317(m): 8:40am On Jul 23, 2020
MetaPhysical:

Look in Yoruba's Esin (worship) for the cognate in Sin (astray).

I found, in decryptying Yoruba words with its foreign cognates, that the principle of paradox is enabled.

I wonder if its deliberate in our ancestors or if the foreign culture inverted the meaning on purpose.

Although E si/ E sin do slightly pass for 'astray', ‘follow' etc, if one consider the pattern the language followed from its foundation. The late entry Yoruba usage of using Vowel as a verb (to be) is the reason, it seemingly look as if principle of paradox which exist. As far as I am concern the Yoruba language had and has extremely low rate of foreign influence except amongst the same place where the language actually developed, which is Oru in Yorubas Oral tradition and Urru/ Or/ Ur, in Southern Arabia land of Mesapotemia. While the binding Ritual language in Ifaodu sustained this very Yoruba language.

Nevertheless, Yoruba language is same as many others in the world as regard the continous development of the language while in contact with others ,which make it interaction with others to be slightly influenced but amazingly, due stylish pattern of interaction with their own God, the Yoruba language is one of the teachers language in Mesopotamia, Egypt, West Africa because, many cognates words cut across these lands , despite the fact that thoussands of miles apaart with some, others are neighboring groups, which make these learners language have loaned words and became cognates with Yoruba's language and vize versa.

With due respect, to Yoruba language translators to Latin-Roman orthography, but who do not realise, that the major differences is the pattern of usage of Yoruba language through Homonym and Synonym of many words in Yoruba language, which doesn't exist in all these learners languages . For instance, in the Myth of Ife, Ubo or Ibo is a word written down by the writer for raffia, bush or marauders, that were threatening Ileife people's peace via kidnapping,maiming, etc and not Igbo as being used in today's world. Another example is Eshu that is seen as devil in today's world through the Ignorance of many, especially through Christian missionaries that misunderstood the term Eshu(Yeshu-Yeshua) because traditional societies such as Osanyi, Obatala, Agemo, Elu orogbo, Ogboni etc ,didnt open up certain information to the outside world.

Furthermore, the ‘Gb' alphabet ‘may' not be a foundational alphabet from what I suspect because this term has no trace in Arabic lexicon or Hebrew ,though it has linked to Egyptians term, according to Professor Ogunbiyi( Yoruba Orthography), while he tries to understand the Aljami- Ajami Arabic writers amongst the Yorubas. Although this does not mean, if I see a superior evidence to the Gb sound or alphabet's existence in Hebrews alphabets,I wouldnt disagree with because I suspect it exist on other part ,since two ‘Ghah' exist, which one is represented with a picture of ‘eye', and the other Ghah is represented with a picture of wreath or rope, which makes it to be twice written in Classic Hebrew,according to the interpreters who wrote the modern Roman alphabets through Ideograms that are from foundation. My suspicion is on the second Ghah sound (wreath or rope ,which may mean Gb ; insert into the ground), which may be as a result of contact with Egyptians, in the later entrance to Nile Land.

Cheers
Re: Yoruba Hebrew Heritage by Olu317(m): 3:33pm On Jul 23, 2020
2prexios:

There was a time that the Yoruba had a connection with the Celtics, the earliest inhabitants of England in the Roman era.

So several of the Yoruba/English cognates might be from this source and not to exclude the Anglo Saxon axis either. Languages travel with emigrants.

The point of contact is explored in the link I have on my signature or dp. Facts have a good route of connection.

But to authenticate originality will be a difficult task in some cases. Like the idea I've shared here at some point about upstairs, petesi and petrezin.

English: upstairs
Yoruba: petesi
Egun: petrezin

Petesi feels odd in Yoruba to my hearing and expectations of the usual nuances of the Yoruba language. Because if it's an ancient word, it would connect to one ancient mind or the other.

Then grandpa had an upstairs that my folks called "petrezin ji aga", meaning upstairs on top high. So, the true word should be aga, akin to Aja in Yoruba. That's the ancient mind connection.

My repulsion for the petesi as a borrowed word first stems from petrezin: azìn in Egun is eyin in Yoruba, egg, but azín means groundnut.

I wonder what the connection between the egg could be with an upstairs, and the subconscious connected it to the Yoruba petesi. And that settles the confusion.

However, I can't say if that's what all the Egun call the upstairs, because it could be my folks who have loaned the word because it's (upstairs) in their possession.

But again, if not, they should have an indeginous word for the same idea from their cultural experience and past examples So, my source have a way of validating itself.

How about the Yoruba petesi? PTS, UP STAIR S.

The Yoruba had loaned the word descreetly, (afetiya) that a Yoruba man that cannot trace anything beyond the recent past would argue it's a Yoruba word.

We can see how the word was borrowed, and how someone else borrowed a borrowed language and it ended up sitting well in their language petre-zin.

Had it been I know of an animal called petre in that language, would have assume it's a name derived from some myth.

Moni and money

Baba, akiitori awijare, kito o tan lenu, toto o se biowe. Awon oro mii wa to fara pera, tojepe taa ba se aayan lori won o le ni itunmo. Sugbon atun gbodo wo saakun oro oun, boya o se regi pelu itan bi ati tan tabi bi ede to tan.

To ba wa se regi, o doni peki niyen. Oun to tiya kan kii tun pemo, oro to dani loju kii kose lete eni. Ju gbogbo re lo, gbogbo aso ko laasa loorun. Eje kafise onipele ipele. Ipele kinni, keji, keta abbl.

Ibadara, kafi awon oro to lapere se edidi fun gbogbo iwadi wa na, boya oro le sun kan awon onipele keji bi ti akole eka ti e menu ba loke ti mo ta ni koko ninu atejade yi lojo 'waju. Oromborobo...
Money,in English language is a legal tender, which is borrowed from Classic Hebrew's language. While the analysis you used in Yoruba language is not classic Yoruba but modern from 19th century. If you use your dialect or other Yoruba dialects ,it will serve the point you buttress. Thus, using Christan missionaries deception of Koine word that's influenced via Oyo's is a disguise because, it won't serve the purpose it ought. For instance,

English language: I go/ am going to my base/foundation or hometown etc

Koine : mo lo ilu m abi/tabi mo lo/re ile m( these are correct also)

Older dialects: me lo ode m abi me ju ode m( me ju' de m) abi me re ode m , (me re' de m), me lo ilu m . You can add more if you have knowledge of other dialects to see my point.

English language : I go/going to my base/foundation(hometown)

Obviously, these dialects are same but slightly different from koine Yoruba words which mean: outside, party, base , foundation, that is used generally as amongst Yoruba language . As a.matter of fact ,this dialect is akin to be more of Aramic that is used as lingua franca which late found itself in Egypt in Africa,from the perspective I see it because some words are stretched out of its original form which makes it not compatible with all Yoruba dailects to certain degree but older dialects cut accross in speakers of Yoruba dialects.

Lastly, Egun is not closer to Yoruba linguistically more than Hausa, Ibo, Tapa, Borgu, etc because of the contact via Northern Yoruba groups and Edo link to the south Southern Nigeria. Yoruba language, is a lingual Franca in all these communities due to certain, degree of living together and trade ,because in linguistic, once there is a contact between two groups, there is bound to be environmental influences on contact languages.

Cbeers
Re: Yoruba Hebrew Heritage by 2prexios: 8:29am On Jul 24, 2020
Olu317:
Money,in English language is a legal tender, which is borrowed from Classic Hebrew's language. While the analysis you used in Yoruba language is not classic Yoruba but modern from 19th century. If you use your dialect or other Yoruba dialects ,it will serve the point you buttress. Thus, using Christan missionaries deception of Koine word that's influenced via Oyo's is a disguise because, it won't serve the purpose it ought. For instance,

English language: I go/ am going to my base/foundation or hometown etc

Koine : mo lo ilu m abi/tabi mo lo/re ile m( these are correct also)

Older dialects: me lo ode m abi me ju ode m( me ju' de m) abi me re ode m , (me re' de m), me lo ilu m . You can add more if you have knowledge of other dialects to see my point.

English language : I go/going to my base/foundation(hometown)

Obviously, these dialects are same but slightly different from koine Yoruba words which mean: outside, party, base , foundation, that is used generally as amongst Yoruba language . As a.matter of fact ,this dialect is akin to be more of Aramic that is used as lingua franca which late found itself in Egypt in Africa,from the perspective I see it because some words are stretched out of its original form which makes it not compatible with all Yoruba dailects to certain degree but older dialects cut accross in speakers of Yoruba dialects.

Lastly, Egun is not closer to Yoruba linguistically more than Hausa, Ibo, Tapa, Borgu, etc because of the contact via Northern Yoruba groups and Edo link to the south Southern Nigeria. Yoruba language, is a lingual Franca in all these communities due to certain, degree of living together and trade ,because in linguistic, once there is a contact between two groups, there is bound to be environmental influences on contact languages.

Cbeers

Bro, I believe that the bolded is the message you mean to pass across, but it's chauvinistic and I understands, try understand my perspectives from this little piece I wrote here, cheers.

Our neighbors are our neighbors for a reason. You may not have them in your good book, but we can't change the family we were born. I don't buy the kwa or Niger Congo origin, but I understand this folks are related to us originally.

I am not desperate to be separated from the same folks, nor overstretching the Hebrew connection for anything beyond scholarship. If care is not taken, we will come short of the goal we might be pursuing via politics.

Histopolitics

Histopolitics is trying to do politics with History, sever our relationship with our neighbors because we want to come out superior alluding to some foreign country, eg middle East.

And that's something good about macof. He's playing an opposite card of the same politics, garnished with sociological appeals here and there. In a nutshell, sever attachment or attention to the middle East and focus on West Africa.

You are equally playing the opposite of that card bro, selectively for the Yoruba, and I will encourage you do a thin slicing of my input on it.

1) Our connection with our neighbors is not from a lingual Franca level alone if such was true to some extent. It's rather from inception. I may not have won your confidence in my interpretations but I am confident of my own inputs.

2) Don't fight off others with what you might have found. You never found those things out to berate anyone I should expect. And don't just conclude yet because you don't have all the answers in one place.

3) Some answers are in Yoruba, some in Igbo and some Fon, Edo, Calabar, etc. History is history, not politics and History, not histopolitics, not sociology, not linguistics, history is a study on it's own. It's not often a prospect for nice outcome.

4) But most of all, history is the study of human relationships. That's my definition, and that's my guiding principle as well. I'm not working on some mutually exclusive outcome. We're to follow the ancient landmarks.

5) Trying to please everyone is a delusion, but a section of the whole is Yoruba to me. And Yoruba is not the whole in whole but a root of a branch and whole in itself. Let's see:

Orunmila baba agbon mi r'egun... that's Egun.

Ifa karele, omo eranko siiri tii y'ode loko, omo fofo tii fo didun l'egun... that's another Egun for you. Ifa didn't live in the recent past but trace back to antiquity. Thus the sentence is as old.

Fon in Yoruba is the transitive form for ofon: Egun tio jale oju nii ro, Ibadan tio jale oju nii ro. Ji, meaning wake up in Yoruba means Fon in Fon.

Obalufon, Obaluaye: efon alaaye, the Fon in Aye's territory. What I expected to find in efon alaaye story to confirm my connection is that there was a fight, a woman was involved, they have a connection with Obalufon etc.

My take: all things being equal, agbomiregun is identical with Obalufon. Agba omo Iran Egun, Oba ilu Fon. He may not have exercise political leadership on the connotes, but was their designated head at some point.

I'm not patronizing Egun, I am from the littoral part of the Yoruba country on the southwestern axis and we don't discriminate against our neighbors whom we see as speaking a different languages than ours.

The same can't be true for someone from the hinterlands southeast of the Yoruba. We will definitely see things differently. I respect that difference because no one is all knowing, except God.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Yoruba Hebrew Heritage by 2prexios: 8:41am On Jul 24, 2020
I picked the word thin slicing from the book I attached here.

It's a nice read, it's much of the psychology of making decisions in a blink dependent on the unconscious and bit of information.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Yoruba Hebrew Heritage by macof(m): 1:18pm On Jul 24, 2020
Obalufon:
That is the problem Africa is Diverse continent you have to know that Mr macof we are not the same "" Nilotic is totally different from Bantu and Cushite ...Hebrew are not white people they are black skinned people"" Moses married Ethiopian woman ,you can't tell the difference between Ethiopian and Hebrew and Egyptian in the Bible that is why Joseph and Mary flee to Egypt to hide Jesus from King Herod because they were black skinned if they had moved North they would be easily detected because of color of their skin among White skinned people ,.... During the pharaonic period kushite empire stretched to chad region ..The mysterious kingdom of Yam in Egyptian history is located their..Yoruba could be of product Cushite black that migrated down due to the desertification of Sahara or migration of Hebrew and Egyptian down south due to War in upper Nile . Igbo is totally different from Hausa genetically and phenotypically ..Yoruba is different

The only thing you know is bible (which is a poor source of historical education) . If you like try to Black wash the bible it does not stop it from being foreign to your true African ancestors
Lol. The inconsistency here is actually laughable. You don't want to be black unless the Hebrews are black grin
Damn. A fully colonised and abrahamised African who can only see good in himself if he deludes and deceives himself to have Hebrew ancestors

You are free to adopt Hebrews as your people. You have obviously been spiritually and mentally separated from the Yoruba Africanness

Even in your Bible the Hebrews were clear that Africans (codename Ethiopians in English translations but "Cushite" or "Hamite" in Hebrew) looked nothing like them.
To them Africans (Hamite) are cursed and these are the people you admire, worship and want to be?

You are a disgrace to the Yoruba. Better to start relocating to your true home in Israel where you can be happy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Yoruba Hebrew Heritage by Obalufon: 5:38pm On Jul 24, 2020
macof:

The only thing you know is bible (which is a poor source of historical education) . If you like try to Black wash the bible it does not stop it from being foreign to your true African ancestors
Lol. The inconsistency here is actually laughable. You don't want to be black unless the Hebrews are black grin
Damn. A fully colonised and abrahamised African who can only see good in himself if he deludes and deceives himself to have Hebrew ancestors

You are free to adopt Hebrews as your people. You have obviously been spiritually and mentally separated from the Yoruba Africanness

Even in your Bible the Hebrews were clear that Africans (codename Ethiopians in English translations but "Cushite" or "Hamite" in Hebrew) looked nothing like them.
To them Africans (Hamite) are cursed and these are the people you admire, worship and want to be?

You are a disgrace to the Yoruba. Better to start relocating to your true home in Israel where you can be happy
Biblical Hebrew were black 100% Mr macof the only thing you know is the books the white devils wrote and educated you with you need to seek for more knowledge beyond your white man's scope..History is psychological tool of oppression and brainwashing

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Yoruba Hebrew Heritage by Obalufon: 5:46pm On Jul 24, 2020
macof:

You are not even a true yoruba person to lump us up with bunch of monkeys ,, . Yoruba are not congoloid or bantoid and i;m not claiming hebrew either

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yoruba Hebrew Heritage by Obalufon: 5:54pm On Jul 24, 2020
i can't be quoting Bible here ...Nasser said it all the jews left black and came white

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yoruba Hebrew Heritage by macof(m): 6:50pm On Jul 24, 2020
Obalufon:
You are not even a true yoruba person to lump us up with bunch of monkeys ,, . Yoruba are not congoloid or bantoid and i;m not claiming hebrew either

Normally this whole allegation of me not being Yoruba would be laughable. But it's purely an insult coming from someone who is a disgrace to his Yoruba ancestors and utterly disconnected from the rest of the Yoruba nation.
You have exposed yourselves to be Hebrew ass lickers
That is where your loyalty lies

Oh now you are not claiming hebrew but just in your last post you said Yoruba might be black Hebrews grin confusion and inconsistencies.
Yoruba are black Hebrews but are not Congoloid??
Mad man.. Black people are known and addressed as "Congoloid" in academia
Black = congoloid. To claim Hebrews are black is to the same thing as saying they are congoloid

Go to school, acquire education and be useful, you refused

These are the type of foolish ignorant people dragging the Yoruba in the mud allowing others mock us. What a waste of space in Yorùbáland

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Yoruba Hebrew Heritage by Obalufon: 7:22pm On Jul 24, 2020
macof:

Normally this whole allegation of me not being Yoruba would be laughable. But it's purely an insult coming from someone who is a disgrace to his Yoruba ancestors and utterly disconnected from the rest of the Yoruba nation.
You have exposed yourselves to be Hebrew ass lickers
That is where your loyalty lies

Oh now you are not claiming hebrew but just in your last post you said Yoruba might be black Hebrews grin confusion and inconsistencies.
Yoruba are black Hebrews but are not Congoloid??
Mad man.. Black people are known and addressed as "Congoloid" in academia
Black = congoloid. To claim Hebrews are black is to the same thing as saying they are congoloid ?

Go to school, acquire education and be useful, you refused

These are the type of foolish ignorant people dragging the Yoruba in the mud allowing others mock us. What a waste of space in Yorùbáland

laughing i never claim Hebrew ....Laughing Mande, Sengalese moors , bambaras, soninke ,hausa , fulani beriberi ,, sudanese, fulbe and Nubian are congoloid to you ?
Re: Yoruba Hebrew Heritage by Obalufon: 7:33pm On Jul 24, 2020
why are you so desperate to link us with people that migrated from the thick forest of south Africa ..You should know Yorubas are scared of the forest with lot of mystery stories of difference creatures in the forest .Where as our forest people lived on trees and forest and are well adapted to the forest funniest thng they still possess that babaric savage attitude ..Africa is a diverse continent

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Yoruba Hebrew Heritage by Obalufon: 7:41pm On Jul 24, 2020
Se "Ibo" je eyan ni oju 'e ni ..?

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Hebrew Heritage by 2prexios: 10:10am On Jul 25, 2020
macof:

At last, this is the core of your eternal hatred and the springboard of your calling in life and against the abrahamics.

To change your mind will be to erase this passage from the Bible and then from your consciousness.

1) Fixed contexts makes people stuck in a frame they can't change.

2) and then they break out and seek opposite answers that seems to be nice to them.

Nice answers are to be found in science

3) Because it's nice to Africa and makes the world come from the back people.

4) But does that make Africa or the black race primus inter pares? That's the curse on who?

Dangling banana before the baboon makes him (the baboon) think he meant the world to you. But he's just being used for intellectual significance in someone else's experiment.

Fools want to be the ace in other people's labour. Let others do the job and I reference it as "education" as long as it's nice to us.
Re: Yoruba Hebrew Heritage by 2prexios: 10:21am On Jul 25, 2020
Obalufon:
i can't be quoting Bible here ...Nasser said it all the jews left black and came white

If they had gone towards the northern hemisphere, they'll return white, and if they had gone towards the subsahara, they're returning black.

People will adapt to their habitat, it's non-negotiable.
Re: Yoruba Hebrew Heritage by Obalufon: 11:19am On Jul 25, 2020
2prexios:

If they had gone towards the northern hemisphere, they'll return white, and if they had gone towards the subsahara, they're returning black.

People will adapt to their habitat, it's non-negotiable.
The Jews you have in Israel now are not jew they are impostors ,they are just practicing Abrahamic religion The jew flee to Africa not Europe or east

2 Likes

Re: Yoruba Hebrew Heritage by Olu317(m): 1:54pm On Jul 25, 2020
2prexios:

Bro, I believe that the bolded is the message you mean to pass across, but it's chauvinistic and I understands, try understand my perspectives from this little piece I wrote here, cheers.

Our neighbors are our neighbors for a reason. You may not have them in your good book, but we can't change the family we were born. I don't buy the kwa or Niger Congo origin, but I understand this folks are related to us originally.

I am not desperate to be separated from the same folks, nor overstretching the Hebrew connection for anything beyond scholarship. If care is not taken, we will come short of the goal we might be pursuing via politics.

Histopolitics

Histopolitics is trying to do politics with History, sever our relationship with our neighbors because we want to come out superior alluding to some foreign country, eg middle East.

And that's something good about macof. He's playing an opposite card of the same politics, garnished with sociological appeals here and there. In a nutshell, sever attachment or attention to the middle East and focus on West Africa.

You are equally playing the opposite of that card bro, selectively for the Yoruba, and I will encourage you do a thin slicing of my input on it.

1) Our connection with our neighbors is not from a lingual Franca level alone if such was true to some extent. It's rather from inception. I may not have won your confidence in my interpretations but I am confident of my own inputs.

2) Don't fight off others with what you might have found. You never found those things out to berate anyone I should expect. And don't just conclude yet because you don't have all the answers in one place.

3) Some answers are in Yoruba, some in Igbo and some Fon, Edo, Calabar, etc. History is history, not politics and History, not histopolitics, not sociology, not linguistics, history is a study on it's own. It's not often a prospect for nice outcome.

4) But most of all, history is the study of human relationships. That's my definition, and that's my guiding principle as well. I'm not working on some mutually exclusive outcome. We're to follow the ancient landmarks.

5) Trying to please everyone is a delusion, but a section of the whole is Yoruba to me. And Yoruba is not the whole in whole but a root of a branch and whole in itself. Let's see:

Ifa karele, omo eranko siiri tii y'ode loko, omo fofo tii fo didun l'egun... that's another Egun for you. Ifa didn't live in the recent past but trace back to antiquity. Thus the sentence is as old.

Fon in Yoruba is the transitive form for ofon: Egun tio jale oju nii ro, Ibadan tio jale oju nii ro. Ji, meaning wake up in Yoruba means Fon in Fon.

Obalufon, Obaluaye: efon alaaye, the Fon in Aye's territory. What I expected to find in efon alaaye story to confirm my connection is that there was a fight, a woman was involved, they have a connection with Obalufon etc.

My take: all things being equal, agbomiregun is identical with Obalufon. Agba omo Iran Egun, Oba ilu Fon. He may not have exercise political leadership on the connotes, but was their designated head at some point.

I'm not patronizing Egun, I am from the littoral part of the Yoruba country on the southwestern axis and we don't discriminate against our neighbors whom we see as speaking a different languages than ours.

The same can't be true for someone from the hinterlands southeast of the Yoruba. We will definitely see things differently. I respect that difference because no one is all knowing, except God.
Apart from the fact, that I chose Yoruba's identity which is the purpose of this beautiful thread that's borne out of antiquity's identity, which I am familiar with, which, I don't have any issue with connection of Egun or Fon etc as a people. So, even if you're not patronising these people, it is wrong because, I am familiar with the fact, Yoruba ancestors remained the people that populated the world after the destruction that emerged in Oru,as remembered in Yoruba oral account.

Although, the word in Yoruba's language's word for Fon may or not be accurate as the term for speak,speech, etc in Ifaodu or Yoruba is wrriten which is different from how it is pronounced because this word which is in dialects of in all Yoruba land is transliterated as in ‘Fòr' which means speech,speak etc. And rightly as you have opined that to satisfy everyone is mission in futile.So keep to what you stand by .

With information before me, I have not decrypted if there was any link to a woman that's connected to Obatala because I can assert here that, Oba makim and Ade Ti-Are/Si Are/Z Are existed in Near East in Ancient time with semitic classic inscription and that Obatse ala is not related to him because he was an ammonite king.

Thirdly, the territorial conquest and subjugation was what King Daoudu, Dawaodu etc a.k.a Odudu-Iwa that he defeated these two mighty Kings, which one is related to him and the other is a disant king who he fought and seized the ctown. Interestingly these two warriors fought against O dudu Iwa—Daoudu ,in which he defeated both.

Orunmiela as a man never as a man which is due the personality of this powerful God remained to be in Semitic inscription. The name is wrriten as Eremiah or Yeremiah(Jeremiah in English ) interpretation from Greek writings that was got from the written Hebrew and Aramaic related language. So,I am familiar with the personality of Oramiela or Orummiela as a one's creator,who is different from a man who lived less than 1200 years ago because he fought King priest, Oramiyah O dede when he had issue with Oramiyah.

As a matter of fact the course of his migration pinned the reason for establishment of names, such as Efon Alaaye, Oba lufon-Lufor , while his name was given as Ataiyeshe bi Igba or something close to that name. In fact, obalufon on this forum is his descendant as you're too.And he is familiar with his history.

With due respect to you my dear bro, I am honestly asserting here that I have no authority over you or your view and evidence before you but when we are with a superior fact, let us move on to discover, new information and not merry going around. Kindly read, ‘Kings and Crown; page.' Belive me, you will be shocked to reaad names of an Amon king. Below is a screenshot of white caps worn by Yoruba high chiefs (lower kings), in Yoruba land and same cognates with Amon king's cap.

Re: Yoruba Hebrew Heritage by Olu317(m): 2:10pm On Jul 25, 2020
2prexios:

Histopolitics

Apart from the fact, that I chose Yoruba's identity which is the purpose of this beautiful thread that's borne out of antiquity's identity, which I am familiar with, which, I don't have any issue with connection of Egun or Fon etc as a people. So, even if you're not patronising these people, it is wrong because, I am familiar with the fact, Yoruba ancestors remained the people that populated the world after the destruction that emerged in Oru,as remembered in Yoruba oral account.

Although, the word in Yoruba's language's word for Fon may or not be accurate as the term for speak,speech, etc in Ifaodu or Yoruba is wrriten which is different from how it is pronounced because this word which is in dialects of all in Yoruba land is transliterated as in ‘Fòr' which means speech,speak etc as we all are aware. And rightly as you had opined that to satisfy everyone is mission in futility .So keep to what you stand by . But with information before me,which I have not decrypted if there was any link to a woman that's connected to Obatala because I can assert here that makim (malkm) tseala(tala),Taræh/ Ti-Are/Si Are/ZAre ( crown and kings) existed in Near East in Ancient time with inscription and that Obatse ala is not related to him because he was an ammonite king. The Bible has some great information as a book of both literature and spiritual.

Thirdly, the territorial conquest and subjugation was what King Daoudu, Dawaodu etc a.k.a Odudu-Iwa that he defeated these two mighty Kings, which one is related to him and the other is a disant king who he fought and seized the ctown. Interestingly these two warriors fought against O dudu Iwa—Daoudu ,in which he defeated both.

Orunmiela as a man never as a man which is due the personality of this powerful God remained to be in Semitic inscription. The name is wrriten as Eremiah or Yeremiah(Jeremiah in English ) interpretation from Greek writings that was got from the written Hebrew and Aramaic related language. So,I am familiar with the personality of Oramiela or Orummiela as a one's creator,who is different from a man who lived less than 1200 years ago because he fought King priest, Oramiyah O dede when he had issue with Oramiyah.

As a matter of fact the course of his migration pinned the reason for establishment of names, such as Efon Alaaye, Oba lufon-Lufor , while his name was given as Ataiyeshe bi Igba or something close to that name. In fact, obalufon on this forum is his descendant as you're too.And he is familiar with his history.

With due respect to you my dear bro, I am honestly asserting here that I have no authority over you or your view and evidence before you but when we are with a superior fact, let us move on to discover, new information and not merry going around. Kindly read, ‘Kings and Crown; page.' Belive me, you will be shocked to reaad names of an Amon king. Below is a screenshot of white caps worn by Yoruba high chiefs (lower kings), in Yoruba land and same cognate with Amonnite king's cap in ancient Semitic times and vast Land .

Cheers.

(1) (2) (3) ... (77) (78) (79) (80) (81) (82) (83) ... (97) (Reply)

Post your photos of Igbo village houses here / How To Say "I Love You" In The Various Nigerian Languages / Teach Me Naija Slang Please

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 183
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.