Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,223 members, 7,860,420 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 10:47 AM

Yoruba Hebrew Heritage - Culture (79) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Yoruba Hebrew Heritage (141403 Views)

Yoruba Hebrew Heritage (End Of Discussion) / Yoruba Hebrew Heritage (Thanksgiving Thread) / Unanswered Questions On Yoruba's Hebrew Heritage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (76) (77) (78) (79) (80) (81) (82) ... (97) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Yoruba Hebrew Heritage by TAO11(f): 2:46am On Jul 17, 2020
macof:

grin but how can somebody be this dull.

So you mean you don't know the difference between Alade and Alubọsa? And you speak some Yoruba? You sure about that?

We know Alade is Oni Ade/Ala Ade = owner of a crown
So when you see Alubọsa does it mean owner of Ubọsa grin

Or it is the other way around? Does Alade mean "the crown" "Al Ade" grin

Chai. Mehn the stupidity is something else

PS. You can see the n - l palatalization still in standard Yoruba.. Further demonstrating to you the authenticity of my drawn up consonant sound change pattern

Abeg leave me alone. You guys will burst my stomach with laugh

smiley

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Hebrew Heritage by MetaPhysical: 2:58am On Jul 17, 2020
macof:

grin but how can somebody be this dull.

So you mean you don't know the difference between Alade and Alubọsa? And you speak some Yoruba? You sure about that?

PS. You can see the n - l palatalization still in standard Yoruba.. Further demonstrating to you the authenticity of my drawn up consonant sound change pattern

Abeg leave me alone. You guys will burst my stomach with laugh

This has been your style....to dodge!

You are crafty but i already told you, i will continously reveal your shallowness in what you claim to be ypur specialty.

Answer the question I asked you.
Are the Yoruba words with "Al" prefix borrowings from Arab/Hausa -
"alaini" (the deprived)
"alabosi" (discreet)
"alamodi" (sick)
"alabode" (medium)....

How about names with "Al" in prefix, are they borrowed from Arab/Hausa?

If you were smart, macof, you would have recognized that "Al" prefix is an attribute of something.

When applied in name it confers a quality.

When applied in conditions it confers an absence of some quality.

In both cases it exists as an attribute.

What kind of quack linguist are you?

Please answer my question, is any Yoruba word prefixed with Al a borrowing from Arab/Hausa?

If not clarify why you would dismiss some and not others. What is your criteria for selection?

Your interpretation of Alade is false by the way. Just so you know.

Focus on the use of Al in Yoruba to communicate EFFICIENCY, and its use to equally COMMUNICATE DEFICIENCY.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Yoruba Hebrew Heritage by 2prexios: 9:51am On Jul 17, 2020
MetaPhysical:

You are crafty but i already told you, i will continously reveal your shallowness in what you claim to be ypur specialty.

"alaini" (the deprived)
"alabosi" (discreet)
"alamodi" (sick)
"alabode" (medium)....

If you were smart, macof, you would have recognized that "Al" prefix is an attribute of something.

Please answer my question, is any Yoruba word prefixed with Al a borrowing from Arab/Hausa?

If not clarify why you would dismiss some and not others. What is your criteria for selection?

Focus on the use of Al in Yoruba to communicate EFFICIENCY, and its use to equally COMMUNICATE DEFICIENCY.

You are taking an "historian" that can open his mouth and say "what concerns Robin Law of Oyo empire with Oduduwa of Ile Ife" seriously?

First impression last longer, but you don't know when you make that first impression. That boy made his first impression on me right there.

This guy is only proficient in finding fault and fighting anything in sight from whoever he chooses as adversary, no more, no less.

From the comments that follows, you can guage his train of thought that he's unaware of Robin Law or the book titled The Oyo Empire.

What manner of Yoruba historian is this? He question Robin Law as though I mean Robin Law is some kind of law pertaining to a bird called Robin from Oyo empire. You get the drift?

He was unaware that there's an historian like that, yet he is quick to mock me that I don't read, when indeed he is clueless in the very issue at hand. You teach him, he use it against you.

That tells you who you are dealing with and what you are up against. That's why I called him scammer and Chameleon professor. Have you any idea how far he has to go?

As long as you can go teaching him. It's called parasitic existence. The host feed the parasite and the parasite might outlive the host, drain it and go to the next victim.

Redbonesmith posted on the shared words between the Yoruba and Igbo somewhere on page 4 or so, where I picked Olu's table and draw ideas from it.

I adopted kwa, owo, ego, and copied the prototype (protoword) on the Olu's table, in the first row, to highlight some ideas used on the table as idea for divergent in owo, kwa and ego.

There on Olu's table, consonants in an original shared words are listed first as protoword, then each language's pattern of pronunciation follows.

This guy went to fetch redbonesmith ideas from the same thread and call it his, and did exactly what I did earlier in the post he quoted in "confusing style" that he called his.

He has no idea just before then, he employed this trick as validation of all the claims he ever made between Yoruba and Igbo. My approach has given him an eureka!

Next, he called it been keen and parade false humility that he's not even a linguist and equally exposed himself as a quack subsequently.

Olaaka and Oruka sounds divergent than bo'a and bowa. Yet he would make authoritative statement few paragraphs away as how historical linguistics work.

A blind leading the blind is catastrophic. Please don't patronize him as a linguist, you should be helping a fraudulent character massage his ego doing just that.

A man should be rewarded for his bravery and brainy contributions in either side of an argument, not for his invincible sense of deception.

Please note, macof is a sham. He's operating in the peripheral, and he knows how to use that to his best advantage till favourable tide turns for him. He's a clever opportunist without depth.

I have predicted earlier in my response to him that whatever he read, he won't be able to fathom knowledge from it. Thus as apparent as the ideas he fetch himself, he couldn't see the knowledge hidden below the surface.

He brought out iron and irin, he butress it with the barzel, yet all insight and knowledge concealed below the surface were in his blind spot. Then that question whatever principles he alluded to as linguistic rule.

You are a very versatile thinker from the first time I got here till date, and you have profound effect on my perspectives. You are the best bro, you pave way for breaks. Think about this things.

All the best sir.

2 Likes

Re: Yoruba Hebrew Heritage by 2prexios: 10:56am On Jul 17, 2020
You asked him what is the spirit of owo, but how would a non-Yoruba knows that?

Owo is for money

Owo is for business.

Money is the spirit of business.

Our man never goes near whatever he can't figure out with Google search.

2 Likes

Re: Yoruba Hebrew Heritage by macof(m): 11:37am On Jul 17, 2020
2prexios:

You are taking an "historian" that can open his mouth and say "what concerns Robin Law of Oyo empire with Oduduwa of Ile Ife" seriously?

First impression last longer, but you don't know when you make that first impression. That boy made his first impression on me right there.

This guy is only proficient in finding fault and fighting anything in sight from whoever he chooses as adversary, no more, no less.

From the comments that follows, you can guage his train of thought that he's unaware of Robin Law or the book titled The Oyo Empire.

What manner of Yoruba historian is this? He question Robin Law as though I mean Robin Law is some kind of law pertaining to a bird called Robin from Oyo empire. You get the drift?

He was unaware that there's an historian like that, yet he is quick to mock me that I don't read, when indeed he is clueless in the very issue at hand. You teach him, he use it against you.

That tells you who you are dealing with and what you are up against. That's why I called him scammer and Chameleon professor. Have you any idea how far he has to go?

As long as you can go teaching him. It's called parasitic existence. The host feed the parasite and the parasite might outlive the host, drain it and go to the next victim.

Redbonesmith posted on the shared words between the Yoruba and Igbo somewhere on page 4 or so, where I picked Olu's table and draw ideas from it.

I adopted kwa, owo, ego, and copied the prototype (protoword) on the Olu's table, in the first row, to highlight some ideas used on the table as idea for divergent in owo, kwa and ego.

There on Olu's table, consonants in an original shared words are listed first as protoword, then each language's pattern of pronunciation follows.

This guy went to fetch redbonesmith ideas from the same thread and call it his, and did exactly what I did earlier in the post he quoted in "confusing style" that he called his.

He has no idea just before then, he employed this trick as validation of all the claims he ever made between Yoruba and Igbo. My approach has given him an eureka!

Next, he called it been keen and parade false humility that he's not even a linguist and equally exposed himself as a quack subsequently.

Olaaka and Oruka sounds divergent than bo'a and bowa. Yet he would make authoritative statement few paragraphs away as how historical linguistics work.

A blind leading the blind is catastrophic. Please don't patronize him as a linguist, you should be helping a fraudulent character massage his ego doing just that.

A man should be rewarded for his bravery and brainy contributions in either side of an argument, not for his invincible sense of deception.

Please note, macof is a sham. He's operating in the peripheral, and he knows how to use that to his best advantage till favourable tide turns for him. He's a clever opportunist without depth.

I have predicted earlier in my response to him that whatever he read, he won't be able to fathom knowledge from it. Thus as apparent as the ideas he fetch himself, he couldn't see the knowledge hidden below the surface.

He brought out iron and irin, he butress it with the barzel, yet all insight and knowledge concealed below the surface were in his blind spot. Then that question whatever principles he alluded to as linguistic rule.

You are a very versatile thinker from the first time I got here till date, and you have profound effect on my perspectives. You are the best bro, you pave way for breaks. Think about this things.

All the best sir.

grin

I'm still waiting for what part of Robin Law's "the Oyo empire" supports your Hebrew nonsense.

I am a sham? yet I keep hitting you with facts and information from reliable sources. You are yet to prove any of my statements false, while I have constantly corrected your numerous confident errors. An error is still an error no matter how hard you try to pass it off

It's not by name calling and rants.
Re: Yoruba Hebrew Heritage by macof(m): 12:09pm On Jul 17, 2020
MetaPhysical:

"alaini" (the deprived)
"alabosi" (discreet)
"alamodi" (sick)
"alabode" (medium)....

Smh. So the new argument now is that Alubarika, Alubọsa are not borrowed words grin anything for this semitic claim right?

I didn't know there was such a thing as Ubọsa in Yoruba language.. And why Alubọsa not Onibọsa grin cheesy

You guys are clowns

Refer to my previous posts

macof:
See them running helter skelter.

Arguing that "Al" is "The" in Yoruba grin what dah hell
And the contuined mission on Ìrìn being cognate with "Iron"

It's as if when you 4 make claims without having any prior knowledge of the issue, you still keep to the claim when shown how you are wrong but switch the style of argument to using the pieces of the very information newly taught to you that debunks the claim

1. The fact that Yoruba words like Alubọsa, Alukurani, Alubarika with "Al" prefixes serving as "the" in their original Arabic meanings are modern loan words from Arabic through Hausa proves further that indeed Yoruba has no "the" just like other Kwa languages
grin funny guys. Normally your command of yoruba should be sufficient enough to know and accept this without argument but nah, you already committed so now you can't accept and move on to something else, you must run helter-skelter around this because you know the implications of this fact on your semitic nonsense grin

You can't dismiss the fact but can't accept the fact.

macof:

Eg. Alubarika from "Al baraka" (the blessing) in Arabic., Alubọsa from "Al basal" (the onion)

Very different from Alade, Alaini which are original to Yoruba Alade = owner of a crown. Ade =crown. Ala ade with "ala" serving as a possessive from the palatalization of "Oni" (owner/possessor) to blend with the first sound of the word "Ade".

Another example is Olowo. Owo =money
Olo serving as possessive from "Oni"

Ẹni to ni Owo = O ni Owo = O l'owo = Olowo

PS. Do tell how this is wrong grin
Re: Yoruba Hebrew Heritage by MetaPhysical: 12:19pm On Jul 17, 2020
2prexios:
You asked him what is the spirit of owo, but how would a non-Yoruba knows that?

Owo is for money

Owo is for business.

Money is the spirit of business.

Our man never goes near whatever he can't figure out with Google search.

This is what Ive realized. It's why im recently coming at him with questions on concepts that cannot be aided in google search.

He told us about Owo, Ogho, Ego being co rooted but he has dodged my challenge to expound on it.

Owo and even Money are both Yoruba words. The word OWE in English is borrowed from Yoruba....OWO, and the MONEY in English is borrowed from Yoruba....MO NI
Re: Yoruba Hebrew Heritage by MetaPhysical: 1:04pm On Jul 17, 2020
macof:

Smh. So the new argument now is that Alubarika, Alubọsa are not borrowed words grin anything for this semitic claim right?

I didn't know there was such a thing as Ubọsa in Yoruba language.. And why Alubọsa not Onibọsa grin cheesy

You guys are clowns

Eg. Alubarika from "Al baraka" (the blessing) in Arabic., Alubọsa from "Al basal" (the onion)

Very different from Alade, Alaini which are original to Yoruba Alade = owner of a crown. Ade =crown. Ala ade with "ala" serving as a possessive from the palatalization of "Oni" (owner/possessor) to blend with the first sound of the word "Ade".

The interpretation you gave for Alade as an attribute of Ade (crown) is false because Ade in Yoruba signifies pedigree.

Family pedigree in Yoruba follow like this -

Ola
Ade
Olu
Ifa
Ogun
Odu
Ayon
Ode
Akin
....and so on....and they occur in prefix or suffix.

Yoruba names also connotes valor, grace, efficiency -

Aduni
Aduke
Ashabi
Ayoka
Abeke
Alao
Alade
Alani
Akanbi
Ajagbe
Abebi
.....and so on...they are standalones but contain a marriage of two qualities linked.

Alubosa
Alubarika
Alufansa
Alujonu
Alufa
Alakori
Alabosi
Alamodi
Alaini
Alaanu
Alabuku
......all authentic Yoruba terms, not borrowed at all.

This should be sufficient to clear your ignorance.

Now, do me a favor, return to the below challenge and answer it.
Tell us why the occurrence of Al prefix is a borrowing from Arab/Hausa?

"alaini" (the deprived)
"alabosi" (discreet)
"alamodi" (sick)
"alabode" (medium)....

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Hebrew Heritage by MetaPhysical: 1:23pm On Jul 17, 2020
Buyer - Elo ni bata?
Seller - 900 naira ni.
Buyer – Gba, OWO re, 1000 naira.
Seller – Mo je e ni 100 naira.
Buyer – Bee ni.

Translation
Buyer – How much is shoe?
Seller – It is 900 naira.
Buyer – Take, here is money, 1000 naira.
Seller – I OWE you 100 naira.
Buyer – Certainly.

Exchange or interchange of value between persons manifest in one of three weight positions
1. A surplus
2. A deficit
3. A balance
In Yoruba society value points are communicated via a standard (measure, weight, yardstick) called OWO.
OWO is used to communicate and transfer value points in trade
1. Ere – gain (surplus)
2. Gbese – debt (deficit)
3. Ree – harmony (balance)

The English word OWE is a cognate of Yoruba word OWO. It bears exact application as a function of civilization. It is also a cognate of OWN.
Mo ni ile – I own house
Mo ni dukiya – I own property
Mo ni iyi – I own honor
Mo ni ola – I own wealth
Mo ni gbajumo pelu – I own fame in addition

“Ni” in Yoruba translates to Intrinsic worth in English, as in MONI….or spelt differently, MONEY!
“Je” in Yoruba is “net, or residual” in English.
Mo je ere – Net gain
Mo je gbese – Net debt
Mo je gun – Net forfeiture

While OWO is a standard of exchange, a formal means of transferring values, “JE” is an informal exchange synonymous with trade & barter. Their terms are interchangeable.

Macof, Owo is authentic Yoruba word. It is loaned to other groups in your Kwa network as Ogho, Ego and so on. If you disagree you should follow my example and give breakdown using this structure, or any structure of your fancy, to outline a meaning and connection for Igho or Ego, the Kwa cognates for OWO.
Re: Yoruba Hebrew Heritage by MetaPhysical: 5:38am On Jul 18, 2020
2prexios:
West coast harmony...contd.

Obiri Yeboa is akin to obiri oloja. Yeboa is akin to Oloja, it's a distance memorabilia for Yoba, Yoruba. Of course the Yoruba had their kinsfolk who were native to Togo, the Ana, and possibly there are others.

The tie between Yoruba and the tribes of Ghana is began on the coast, and so the Yoruba kindred in that place were reckoned as nsumfto, that is, people who came ashore from the sea.

The fact remains that the Yoruba had no record of such expenditions, but tradition of the Yoruba had the reminder. Even Agonyin had Yoruba touch, okun le agonyin o we.

Oghán

Agon, iya agon. Compare Iseyin, "ilu ogo kiki egan": Agonyin means praise by some and ridiculed by others. The Egun of Tado, Togo lay in-between. In egun, iron is oghàn, it's homonym for Oghán. The word oghán means leader.

The Yoruba memorabilia for ghana is iganna. In egun, ghanno means the leadership, mother superior. Ghanno can also means operator of machine, The idea is directly from iron derivative.

Semantics

In Yoruba language, Obinrin means female, but literally "metalized" or having metal. On the other hand, okunrin means "male" but literally, "added to metal". It's like iron and steel in that sense.

To have come to this pedestal shows that the Yoruba ancestors had a great understanding of the smelting of iron and other heavy metals at inception, and the philosophy is deposited here.

As we might have known, salted gold is not a pure gold, and steel is carbonized metal. Therefore, Obinrin in the ideology of the founding fathers received the mandate for the emigration.

In literal sense, obinrin means "the original immigrant" and then okunrin implies "back up immigrant". That can be felt in the saying "tin lo ree bawon mule ibudo" or "tin lo ree b'oosa mule"

The interpretations from this is a proof that the visionary leader of the emigrants was a woman, and the missionary back up were men.

If not, the men should have had the land to themselves and not be a missionary to anyone. So that the record would have been tiin lo ree mule ibudo" and "tiinlo ree gbale funra re.

There's this shrine of shighana on board street, Marina, Lagos (it's at a lane somewhere behind the zenith Bank). These wordset are cognates and true reminders of the ewe, (ehufe: ehun-vive) in Yoruba liturgy.

Trans racial and cultural harmony

We have iron as irin in Yoruba. We have been able to get it settled that the word has matching cognates with all it's earliest manifestation in Celtics and Anglo-Saxon variation of the word till date.

Now these folks have neighbors. How about their variant for the same word because just as John Hunter Duvar had opined, iron was a currency of the iron age.

In other words, such cultures whose history trace back to the inception of the iron age could have mindshare that yet survive in their languages till date. Sharing such cognates reveal common hub for the trade.

From old English, isern, isaern, German, isana, Dutch ijza, Celtics isarnom. Someone else should do the job, it's just as Olu has predicted: the cognates are all there, like in the Olu's story about the turkey as tokey or something.

Metaphysical also have a great validation as event now shows, he told us Gersham is ijesha, this place in the Levant lies on the kings highway, the trade route to the Hittites kingdom from India.

This is the corridor of Egyptian civilization and probably the Sinai region was the birthplace of the iron smelting industry, the period coincide with the time history placed the Israelites rise to empire.

Now let's pan out the cognates on the image below, it's clear Israel is a good candidate where iron get into the dialects of the Germanic tongues, which came up much later in world history.

From the list, we can truly understand the fact that Yoruba originated at the peak of the iron age as well. The process of seeing the cognates in the attached image below is such that

1. We can perceive Yoruba like tongues elsewhere in Europe.

2. Mutual agreement of ideas of old on an object of historical reckoning.

3. Further understand that the Yoruba language can help understand Indo-European languages.

4. Likewise, Yoruba could be the missing link to a yet to be determined language of the Levant.

5. The Yoruba had contacts with more languages than most of the languages similar to it.

6. Yoruba hold back historical experience that the list below foreshadow in the background.

7. The list of cognates for iron in Germanic tongues prod Yoruba original home.

Hello Prexios,
Ok, I said I would be back to digest this post, I am back to it properly now.

Here is what I believe regarding the bolded section -

The Niger-Benue basin has witnessed two civilizations.

1. Iron Age
2. Terracotta
Each had a character unique to it.

The deity of the Iron civilization was known as Ogun. The High Priest, or Priest-King, that oversees the cult was Oghene. This is different from the Agan.
Re: Yoruba Hebrew Heritage by Obalufon: 12:37pm On Jul 18, 2020
MetaPhysical:

"alaini" (the deprived)
"alabosi" (discreet)
"alamodi" (sick)
"alabode" (medium)....

Good point .. alabode ..alangba alakan..alamu. alayanpere ..Alade NOT OWNER OF CROWN .. Obatala devotee name .. ALA prefix in Yoruba name is attached to Obatala ,Aso Ala ni mowo ara aiye ma da epo si aso ala mi. ...OBA,. .is Obaluaiye Sho, is Osa Oko.

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Hebrew Heritage by Obalufon: 3:34pm On Jul 18, 2020
[qu

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Hebrew Heritage by MetaPhysical: 3:39pm On Jul 18, 2020
Obalufon:
Good point .. alabode ..alangba alakan..alamu. alayanpere ..Alade NOT OWNER OF CROWN .. Obatala devotee name .. ALA prefix in Yoruba name is attached to Obatala ,Aso Ala ni mowo ara aiye ma da epo si aso ala mi. ...OBA,. .is Obaluaiye Sho, is Osa Oko.

That Iboman does not know this.

He has gone into hiding for now.
Re: Yoruba Hebrew Heritage by Obalufon: 3:51pm On Jul 18, 2020
MetaPhysical:

That Iboman does not know this.

He has gone into hiding for now.
Ala means purity and enlightment
Re: Yoruba Hebrew Heritage by Obalufon: 4:22pm On Jul 18, 2020
Mr macof Arab and Hausa use Al prefix ...Yoruba too make use of Al prefix alot.. Borrowed Al is restricted within the Ilorin people not all Yoruba... Albasa ,Alubosa if onion is foreign to Yoruba land it means is borrowed ..some words are coincidence and have the same meaning in Hausa or Arabic language It doesn't means they are borrowed language

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Hebrew Heritage by MetaPhysical: 6:10pm On Jul 18, 2020
Obalufon:
Ala means purity and enlightment

There are various AL prefixes and they are all authentic to Yoruba, not borrowed from anywhere.

Even Alubosa is not a borrowed word. We Yorubas just dont know these things because we suffered a disconnect in our literature records. We had literature and writing but our educated scribes worked in conjunction with Christian missionaries to delete it. Bariba, Tapa, Hausa, Kanuri, Yoruba.....we all used Ajami to write in our native tongue the way latin script is used to write in the various European tongues....yet the Englishman does not underatand the Frenchman, nor the Spanish or the German or Portuguese. So a Yoruba could identify the letters written in Kanuri but would not be able to decipher it. We used Ajami since beginning of our civilization to record events and society....where are those records?

They were not translated or archived. Where are they?

To go back to AL, we had different versions of it and I will share the ones I know. I hesitate to do that now because you will save macof an embarassment. I dont want anyone to intervene. Im taking this up with him to come and explain on two things.

1. That OWO is authentically a Kwa word.

2. That AL prefix in Yoruba is borrowed from Arab/Hausa.
Re: Yoruba Hebrew Heritage by macof(m): 7:37pm On Jul 18, 2020
MetaPhysical:

There are various AL prefixes and they are all authentic to Yoruba, not borrowed from anywhere.

Even Alubosa is not a borrowed word. We Yorubas just dont know these things because we suffered a disconnect in our literature records. We had literature and writing but our educated scribes worked in conjunction with Christian missionaries to delete it. Bariba, Tapa, Hausa, Kanuri, Yoruba.....we all used Ajami to write in our native tongue the way latin script is used to write in the various European tongues....yet the Englishman does not underatand the Frenchman, nor the Spanish or the German or Portuguese. So a Yoruba could identify the letters written in Kanuri but would not be able to decipher it. We used Ajami since beginning of our civilization to record events and society....where are those records?

They were not translated or archived. Where are they?

To go back to AL, we had different versions of it and I will share the ones I know. I hesitate to do that now because you will save macof an embarassment. I dont want anyone to intervene. Im taking this up with him to come and explain on two things.

1. That OWO is authentically a Kwa word.

2. That AL prefix in Yoruba is borrowed from Arab/Hausa.

macof:

You guys are clowns

There is no semantic Al prefix in Yorùbá language.

Alubọsa makes no sense in Yorùbá language if you take out the first two letters... There's no meaning to "Ubọsa"

It is in the Arabic language that the "Al" comes from meaning "The"
And just as "Ubọsa"... "Al" has no meaning in Yorùbá. Yorùbá thought can't make sense of the "Al" in Alubọsa because its not an original Yoruba word and borrowing it from Arabic the Yoruba could not identify the actual word for "onion".. If not we would have called onion Bọsala or Basala from Arabic "basal"

"Al" makes no sense in any word used in Yorùbá language, borrowed or original. [refer to the quoted post above for how words like Alade, Alaini, Alakoso are formed]

Someone must spell the simplest things to you as if you are a retarded child.
Later you will claim you are Yoruba and I'm igbo grin
Clowns

At this point anybody who wants to take you retards seriously is not worth the effort.

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Hebrew Heritage by MetaPhysical: 9:34pm On Jul 18, 2020
macof:

There is no semantic Al prefix in Yorùbá language.

Alubọsa makes no sense in Yorùbá language if you take out the first two letters... There's no meaning to "Ubọsa"

It is in the Arabic language that the "Al" comes from meaning "The"
And just as "Ubọsa"... "Al" has no meaning in Yorùbá. Yorùbá thought can't make sense of the "Al" in Alubọsa because its not an original Yoruba word and borrowing it from Arabic the Yoruba could not identify the actual word for "onion".. If not we would have called onion Bọsala or Basala from Arabic "basal"

"Al" makes no sense in any word used in Yorùbá language, borrowed or original. [refer to the quoted post above for how words like Alade, Alaini, Alakoso are formed]

Someone must spell the simplest things to you as if you are a retarded child.
Later you will claim you are Yoruba and I'm igbo grin
Clowns

At this point anybody who wants to take you retards seriously is not worth the effort.

Are you sure?

You are assuming that AL was originally an Arabic word. You made same error when you disconnected Sigidi from Masjid. You have been engineered to accept all Arabic word as default. Is it possible Arab could have loaned words from Yoruba? Yes, very possible. Well...Al is one of such words.

In Yoruba, Al occur in following -

Al - as in alamodi
Alu - as in alubosa
Ale - as in alejo
Alla - as in Alade (should be "ll"wink
Ala - as in alatupa

Im current with the above but they are more than that. I will clarify each for you. Before I do let me say ALLA is an authentic Yoruba word.

As you have heard me say many times, this is not a forum I can divulge indepth knowledge of who we are in relation to rest of civilizations.

I once mentioned here and Im going to repeat now, Obatala was a Meccan.

The Arabs know this. They would never accept any record of it and if one existed they have obliterated it. They wiped out all physical records and monuments to do with Mohammed and he exists only in written records now, much more Obatala. Mohammed did not build Kaaba, Abraham did, Yorubas worshipped in Kaaba....the cult of Obatala....before Islam.

Much of what is paraded as Arab words today are loaned words from Old Hebrew and they are articulated to sound unique. The religion of Islam mandates prayer in Arabic. This has greatly helped to facilitate and legitimize Arabic as a root and independent language, and anywhere any semblance of it is used the assumption is that it is borrowed.

At first glance does it not sound ridiculous that Amodi in Yoruba is same as Medic, from which we have medical, medicine and medicare? Yoruba had alchemy and herbal science. Its cult is Osanyin. It taught balance in emotions and purity in blood through the use of herbs and compounds to manage Illness - Amodi. Nowadays we hear Sanguin (a state of mental wellbeing and healthy living) but we never connect it back in relation to Osanyin.

So Osanyin, Amodi have their cognates in Sanguine and Medic respectively.

The use of Alu in Yoruba is to communicate sense of something different, a variant, other, abnormal, deficient and is contexual in its application.

Alubosa - Onion
There are many types of onions. Basal is the common compound or element in all. Garlic is one kind. So a "different basal" is what Alubosa means.

Alujanu - Genie
Janu is Gene. In this sense Alujonu is a "different being".

Yoruba use Alu in the same manner it is used when we say Allo.

Example :
Allotropy - different kinds of chemical

Allocate - set aside or apart, other need.

To return to Yoruba use of Alu -

Alubarika - a different stage of blessing

Aluqurani - a different or other Holy Book.

Qurani itself comes from Iqra...to read.

You can express a position of "otherliness" or "differerence" for any object using Yoruba language but our Alu has same application that Allo does in English. Not every object in English is prefixed Allo.....same goes for us. Those that carry Alu in our language are not borrowed words.

Should we say we borrowed Alejo (guest) from Arab? Did we borrow Imura (preparation) from them? How about Ale (night), was it borrowed?

Arabs dont have the word Alfa. Did we borrow Alufa?
Re: Yoruba Hebrew Heritage by macof(m): 9:52pm On Jul 18, 2020
MetaPhysical:

Are you sure?

You are assuming that AL was originally an Arabic word. You made same error when you disconnected Sigidi from Masjid. You have been engineered to accept all Arabic word as default. Is it possible Arab could have loaned words from Yoruba? Yes, very possible. Well...Al is one of such words.

Al - as in alamodi
Alu - as in alubosa
Ale - as in alejo
Ala - as in alatupa

Im current with the above but they are more than that. I will clarify each for you. Before I do let me say ALLA is an authentic Yoruba word.

As you have heard me say many times, this is not a forum I can divulge indepth knowledge of who we are in relation to rest of civilizations.

The Arabs know this. They would never accept any record of it and if one existed they have obliterated it. They wiped out all physical records and monuments to do with Mohammed and he exists only in written records now, much more Obatala. Mohammed did not build Kaaba, Abraham did, Yorubas worshipped in Kaaba....the cult of Obatala....before Islam.

Much of what is paraded as Arab words today are loaned words from Old Hebrew and they are articulated to sound unique. The religion of Islam mandates prayer in Arabic. This has greatly helped to facilitate and legitimize Arabic as a root and independent language, and anywhere any semblance of it is used the assumption is that it is borrowed.

At first glance does it not sound ridiculous that Amodi in Yoruba is same as Medic, from which we have medical, medicine and medicare? Yoruba had alchemy and herbal science. Its cult is Osanyin. It taught balance in emotions and purity in blood through the use of herbs and compounds to manage Illness - Amodi. Nowadays we hear Sanguin (a state of mental wellbeing and healthy living) but we never connect it back in relation to Osanyin.

The use of Alu in Yoruba is to communicate sense of something different, a variant, other, abnormal, deficient and is contexual in its application.

Alubosa - Onion
There are many types of onions. Basal is the common compound or element in all. Garlic is one kind. So a "different basal" is what Alubosa means.

Alujanu - Genie

Example :

You can express a position of "otherliness" or "differerence" for any object using Yoruba language but our Alu has same application that Allo does in English. Not every object in English is prefixed Allo.....same goes for us. Those that carry Alu in our language are not borrowed words.

Should we say we borrowed Alejo (guest) from Arab? Did we borrow Imura (preparation) from them? How about Ale (night), was it borrowed?

This guy is daft abeg
Re: Yoruba Hebrew Heritage by MetaPhysical: 10:00pm On Jul 18, 2020
macof:

This guy is daft abeg

Oponu ni e!

You that called Alade Owner of Crown.

...and failed to recognize that Ogho and Ego are borrowed words from OWO.

You should never open mouth to talk kwa and methodology here again

A Yoruba wannabe
Re: Yoruba Hebrew Heritage by Olu317(m): 9:06am On Jul 19, 2020
MetaPhysical:

Olu,
I'm glad you are beginning to see Yoruba concepts in the material and in the spiritual. When I first outlined the connection between Masjid and Sigidi, you responded and denounced it. You just used the same approach for Barzel. In fact, if you push further into that interpretation for Iron you will discover some other features of its connection with Yoruba knowledge......it will de-crypt itself.

In Greek alphabets, each sound has a material and a spiritual. Sound has always been a spiritual force anyway....they found cognates for it in the material. When you look at Hebrew, it is same thing. Yoruba is similarly rooted. It is unfortunate for us that linguists, such as macof, are wasting time regurgitating a century old Kwa theory instead of moving us into future and expanding the hidden energies in our alphabets. If they would do this for us, without being dismissive and suspicious of its esoteric discoveries, there is no reason Yoruba could not pioneer inventions and advance into new technological age.

Just take a look at this -

Substitute OX with Oxa...or Osha. This indicates the worship of calf was started by Israelites but it was inspired by their encounter of Oxa on the celestial throne.....ancient descriptive for the bright night sky. This Oxa was an helper of God. So they believed in this Oxa and started worshipping it in the image of the calf. There is both material scale and spiritual link here. They did not recreate the Ox, instead they created a mini version...a Calf! They accepted Oxa as an intermediary. By worshipping his son, the Calf, they earn his (Oxa) pleasure and benevolence. But Israelites did not speak English and would not have known the words Ox and Calf. In Semitic tongue Ox is Aleph, Calf is Heifer.

ALEPH has become a phenomenon in science and religious arts.

Look, no be everything person go open mouth say for here jare. grin

Cheers bro!
Yes, it is true, I disagree with the connection between masjid and sigidi ,which was due to the role Sigidi played ,according to Yoruba's history.,as a warrior ; human and later deified as ancestor. Although, knowledge increases once a superior facts emerged.

Secondly, Macof is not a linguist or philologist neither is he ideograms interpreter but a passionate man ,who dwell jn the past ideology of 1884/1885 claims by who classified Yoruba language along others as Kwa,which means ‘human being'in Tao, Gbe etc languages, respectively.

Thirdly, the Greek, Roman-Latin,English writers of translations of Hebrew didn't understand the language nor vast in it but used the Greek language to reconstruct the classica Hebrew,which has flaws because the languages are different.With due, respect,this does not take away the fact, that transliterated and translations done by these great men are borne out of the root words for all the Hebrew words being transliterated as well in such way I used the root Barzel to agree with the Root:

BAR ZEL
B R S EL
B R S EL

Bet + Resh + Zan + LAM .

Each root word has pictograph(s) to it, which are used to identify the the combination of these letters to form the purpose it serves.

Though, there are some words that I don't agree with because of the difference in the interpretation by the Septuagint, Roman-Latin- English scholars etc, in roday's world. Honestly, credit to all the unique scholars who has shown that the Bible through ideograms exist. Furthermore, there are words which has transliteration but no English translation that I have seen, after the transliteration has been made known. This is how incredible, the language is regarded within the scholars world's,despite it being classified as non existence.

Fourthly, the Aleph that you see as cognate with Arabic has the image that's connected with Strength, might in Hebrew ,which the horn of ox that represent one who has power from above. Therefore accordng to the interpreters, the word is called Al El, with considering how these words sound if vowel or consonant are used in between. Examples:

Al:
Ala
Ale
Ale
Ali(e)
Alo
Alor
Alu

El
Ela
Ele
Ele
Eli(e)
Alo
Alor
Alu

Obviously, the letterings hadn't developed fully which made it difficult for the people who reconstruct the language which led to generating sequence words that could fit the coinages cognates in Greek, Latin's interpretation of the Tora(Teaching). Meanwhlie, this language were trace to Egypt in Africa around 409BC,that was spoken in Egypt lower part,which with evdience of migration after destruction of Elephantine through conquests, after Apries, was re rebelled against. Apart from this, such as , Greek, Roman, and evetual Islamic conquests happened before they fled again into Sudan and their traces were not seen again.

Plainly , Horn as symbol of Strength is adduce to the knowledge of A b r m (ebram) ifaod who used Ram as a sacrifice of his son which s a form of Thanksgiving unto God at the mountain Morem(Moraim), in ancient Arabia peninsula envrion.

Cheers

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Hebrew Heritage by Olu317(m): 9:12am On Jul 19, 2020
MetaPhysical:

Olu,
I'm glad you are beginning to see Yoruba concepts in the material and in the spiritual. When I first outlined the connection between Masjid and Sigidi, you responded and denounced it. You just used the same approach for Barzel. In fact, if you push further into that interpretation for Iron you will discover some other features of its connection with Yoruba knowledge......it will de-crypt itself.

In Greek alphabets, each sound has a material and a spiritual. Sound has always been a spiritual force anyway....they found cognates for it in the material. When you look at Hebrew, it is same thing. Yoruba is similarly rooted. It is unfortunate for us that linguists, such as macof, are wasting time regurgitating a century old Kwa theory instead of moving us into future and expanding the hidden energies in our alphabets. If they would do this for us, without being dismissive and suspicious of its esoteric discoveries, there is no reason Yoruba could not pioneer inventions and advance into new technological age.

Just take a look at this -

Substitute OX with Oxa...or Osha. This indicates the worship of calf was started by Israelites but it was inspired by their encounter of Oxa on the celestial throne.....ancient descriptive for the bright night sky. This Oxa was an helper of God. So they believed in this Oxa and started worshipping it in the image of the calf. There is both material scale and spiritual link here. They did not recreate the Ox, instead they created a mini version...a Calf! They accepted Oxa as an intermediary. By worshipping his son, the Calf, they earn his (Oxa) pleasure and benevolence. But Israelites did not speak English and would not have known the words Ox and Calf. In Semitic tongue Ox is Aleph, Calf is Heifer.

ALEPH has become a phenomenon in science and religious arts.

Look, no be everything person go open mouth say for here jare. grin

Cheers bro!
Yes, it is true, I disagree with the connection between masjid and sigidi ,which was due to the role Sigidi played ,according to Yoruba's history.,as a warrior ; human and later deified as ancestor. Although, knowledge increases once a superior facts emerged.

Secondly, Macof is not a linguist or philologist neither is he ideograms interpreter but a passionate man ,who dwell jn the past ideology of 1884/1885 claims by who classified Yoruba language along others as Kwa,which means ‘human being'in Tao, Gbe etc languages, respectively.

Thirdly, the Greek, Roman-Latin,English writers of translations of Hebrew didn't understand the language nor vast in it but used the Greek language to reconstruct the classica Hebrew,which has flaws because the languages are different.With due, respect,this does not take away the fact, that transliterated and translations done by these great men are borne out of the root words for all the Hebrew words being transliterated as well in such way I used the root Barzel to agree with the Root:

B R Z A
B R S A
B R S E;

Bet + Resh + Zan + Al or El .

Each root word has pictograph(s) to it, which are used to identify the the combination of these letters to form the purpose it serves.

Though, there are some words that I don't agree with because of the difference in the interpretation by the Septuagint, Roman-Latin- English scholars etc, in roday's world. Honestly, credit to all the unique scholars who has shown that the Bible through ideograms exist. Furthermore, there are words which has transliteration but no English translation that I have seen, after the transliteration has been made known. This is how incredible, the language is regarded within the scholars world's,despite it being classified as non existence.

Fourthly, the Aleph that you see as cognate with Arabic has the image that's connected with Strength, might in Hebrew ,which the horn represent one who has power from above with thundering. Accordng to the interpreters, The word is called Al El, without considering how these words sound if vowel or consonant establish the connection. For examples:
Al:
Ala
Ale
Ale
Ali(e)
Alo
Alor
Alu

El
Ela
Ele
Ele
Eli(e)
Alo
Alor
Alu

Obviously, the letterings hadn't developed fully which made it difficult to understand the language which led to generating sequence words that could fit the coinages cognates in Greek, Latin's interpretation of the Tora(Teaching). Meanwhlie, their language were trace to Egypt in Africa , even with evdience of migration after destruction of Elephantine through different conquests, such as , Greek, Roman, and evetual Islamic conquests before they fled again into Sudan and their taces were not seen again.

Plainly , Horn as symbol of Strength is adduce to the knowledge of A b r m (ebram) , who used Ram to replace the death of his son as a form of Thanksgiving unto God at the mountain Morem(Moraim), in Arabia peninsula envrion.

Cheere

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Hebrew Heritage by Olu317(m): 10:13am On Jul 19, 2020
2prexios:

All the best sir.

Shockingly, Yoruba didn't developed with Ibos language as been speculated in many quarters but as means of loaned Yorunba words via Easern Yoruba language of Okun that manoeuvred through Igala link to Ibo land due to trade interaction. So, don't be perturbed with the Semitic word boa or bowa,which is same as Yoruba's root word that match perfectly with classic Hebrew as : Bw
This came to be as result of ; Bet + Waw( w,o,u ) = BW

This point to the direction of Semitic and Ethiopic root of the roo word ,‘bw' , which is seen in the below screenshot, that support Sultan Muhamed Bello as claiming that Yoruba's had a few elements among the Ethiopians in 19th century information he revealed. Interestingly, the these few people have been moved out of Ethiopia ,known as Falasas;Beta Israel. So, Yoruba's bo or bowa is absolute in cognates and synonym with Hebrews or Semitic, which is alien to Ibo, even Hausa language that's classified as Afro Asian language.

Re: Yoruba Hebrew Heritage by Olu317(m): 11:39am On Jul 19, 2020
macof:
See them running helter skelter.

Arguing that "Al" is "The" in Yoruba grin what dah hell
And the contuined mission on Ìrìn being cognate with "Iron"

It's as if when you 4 make claims without having any prior knowledge of the issue, you still keep to the claim when shown how you are wrong but switch the style of argument to using the pieces of the very information newly taught to you that debunks the claim

1. The fact that Yoruba words like Alubọsa, Alukurani, Alubarika with "Al" prefixes serving as "the" in their original Arabic meanings are modern loan words from Arabic through Hausa proves further that indeed Yoruba has no "the" just like other Kwa languages
grin funny guys. Normally your command of yoruba should be sufficient enough to know and accept this without argument but nah, you already committed so now you can't accept and move on to something else, you must run helter-skelter around this because you know the implications of this fact on your semitic nonsense grin

2. Now using the several Germanic forms of the word "Iron" grin when the very fact that the word "Iron" has ancient Germanic and Celtic (Indo-European) origin proves that the word cannot be from Hebrew. It is either one or the other
But nah. You already claimed it was Hebrew and you can't accept now that you were wrong

Now its no more just Yoruba - Hebrew connection.. Its now Yoruba - Hebrew - Indo European connection grin all because you don't want to admit you were wrong to say Ìrìn and Iron are cognates

You can't dismiss the fact but can't accept the fact. What a conundrum. Problem upon Problem
Lol! As stated earlier, I wil never give you the link because, ignorance has envelope your path. Meanwhile, Yoruba's Ki is same as Ki in Classic Hebrew,which is different from Ibos ginni

In as much as you can't understand the Hebrew alphabets.then you have no reason to understand Yoruba language. You will wail in till eternity, since you are dubious and have no intention to learn the basis. Peradventure, you have a change of heart and ready then, you will baptised into such knowledge.

I quote: ” The substantive כי (ki), expresses "a temporal, causal, or objective relationship among clauses expressed or unexpressed" (in the elegant words of HAW Theological Wordbook of the Old Testament). "

While still struggling with Irin,in Hebrew, enjoy the be low screenshot of Ki; csusattive word in. Yoruba language and Hebrew's classic language.

Re: Yoruba Hebrew Heritage by Olu317(m): 12:35pm On Jul 19, 2020
MetaPhysical:

Are you sure?

Al - as in alamodi
Alu - as in alubosa
Ale - as in alejo
Ala - as in alatupa

Alubosa - Onion

Alujanu - Genie

Example :

Ignorant Macof does not know that dancing to the left is also observed in Kaaba(a shrine). Kaaba is synonym and cognate with Kabo( a welcome place to worship God). That guy has Phd. in falsification. grin grin

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Hebrew Heritage by Olu317(m): 1:19pm On Jul 19, 2020
macof:

Going off topic again. And adding inaccuracies as usual
I'm not even going to correct the errors and half knowledge in this one. It's usual for you to add inaccuracies in your posts with the aim to push your overall agenda.

This picture here which you posted as some sort of source even said nothing about Hebrew but sure, trust you to add Hebrew
www.nairaland.com/attachments/11917083_img20200713060051_jpeg55b68523a92901f9d6eb3305860a0603

"Iron" : of Hebrew origin?
As I have said, you 4 are committed to ignoring facts and evidence so it's not a surprise that you still argue despite the fact debunking all your previous claims staring at you in the face, you no go gree.. Lailai grin

I've told you I only deal with facts and credible sources

Anything you post on this forum on any thread needs to be verified because we can't even take the slightest things you say seriously until we verify if it's true

Picture 1. Here's the etymology of Iron again from another source... That's two sources I am giving you, both saying the same thing and none mentioning Hebrew

Picture 2. And the Hebrew word for Iron is "barzel". I searched for Yiron, Yir'on, yir-ohn as you claimed and found no results in Hebrew

Even your screenshot definition put you away as with Barzel,which is same as my interpretation. grin Meanwhile, google further on Biblehub.com to appease yourself, to check for more interpretation of Barzel such as axe,chain,axehead ,iron . grin But know it, these dictionaries that you used aren't my guide and not well accepted amongst the scholars on Classic Hebrew ideograms which I can I READ THE IDEOGRAMS as well.Thus, newer researchers support my own view accordingly o who I reference .So don't kill yourself if you don't have such knowledge at present time, Perhaps, your son may be equipped in his own generation. Besides, try to spend money to acquire education and not the dehydrated one you possess ,right now. So, the word Alade does not necessary mean ,‘crown owner.' Dade is one who wears crown!

This indeed part of my own Oriki(panegyric). These should make you realise that Yoruba's taught in Schools are not as mainly spoken as ‘intimate Yoruba language,'. Kindly google what such mean as language of intimacy in linguistic. Lol grin

Re affirming my point ,and others, support the following words that remain heavily used in Yoruba language,such as :

Ala: purity, white, holy.

Ala: The

Ala: dream

Ala: path or demarcation

Ala: to be cut, to be broken, ,

Ala: owner

Ala ala: The dreamer

Ala ba: white father, lord of purity, fourth child after twin, holy father ;Ba' Ala when Ba is prefixed!etc

In effect, Alade : is a contraction of Ala-ade,‘ or ‘A ni Ade' or ‘ A li ade' or ‘Ala ade' , (la or ni-owns/has) a crown. Olodo like you! grin

Meanwhile Alade is the one that has crown.' grin and not necessarily the owner of Crown.

Are you also not aware that li and ni are interchangeable in Yoruba's lexicons ?
Just look at a glorified Historian without information on Yoruba language.

Basal ( onion )is Semitic and not Hausa's or African language.

Alpha
Alifa,
aluph,
Olifa
Onifa
Alufa

All the above words are synonym and, mean Priest in Semitic language and Yoruba's.

Olifa is one who has Ifa or practice divination or cast lot i.e ,intermediaries between God and Man.

So, do yourself the needful ; Zooooom off and go get knowledge on Semitic languages,if you're interested in it.

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Hebrew Heritage by MetaPhysical: 2:31pm On Jul 19, 2020
Olu317:
Ignorant Macof does not know that dancing to the left is also observed in Kaaba(a shrine). Kaaba is synonym and cognate with Kabo( a welcome place to worship God). That guy has Phd. in falsification. grin grin

grin
You are right! I am yet to see any Hajj ritual in Mecca that is not also mirrored in some aspect of Yoruba spirituality.

The circumambulation of the Kaaba, Ooni observes same in Ife on Olojo day.

The shaving of men's head and drape of a white loin cloth, Ifa initiates observe this.

The blackstone on the Shrine structure, Yoruba keep blackstones inside Shrines.

The supplication to God and culmination into the ritual sacrifice of a ram, Yoruba do exact same thing on Isese day.

He is waiting for Arabs to write about Yoruba first before he will believe. This is what he is always asking for..."if it was true Arabs would have written about it". ....but they did when they said Koreish (awon ti won "ki orisha" ) were the occupants of Mecca and Kaaba before Islam. Mohammed himself was born into the clan of "awon olorisha". It explains co-observation of many Islamic practices with Yoruba spirituality.

If he would not believe Mecca because he doesnt like Islam, you have brought more than sufficient and convincing evidence to demonstrate the footprint of Yoruba in AfroAsia, NorthAfrica....and particularly Canaan. So has Prexios and Obalufon.

Macof has been on this thread since day 1.....I am yet to see him give a convincing evidence that supports Yoruba is kwa. All the cognates he brings are donated....Yoruba being the donor.

Macof's new alias is Alade-Kwa.
grin. grin
Re: Yoruba Hebrew Heritage by Olu317(m): 4:04pm On Jul 19, 2020
macof:

This guy is daft abeg
As usual, you result to vulgar words,.once you're clueless.So, it the same old pattern with your pseudo knowledge of provocation. No wonder people don't chat with you to ask you questions. In fact, you don't even have knowledge of Yoruba language,in such a way that, you are likened to the people who call Eshu as Devil, in the koine Yoruba language which has its own flaws. Lol.

After all you claimed ,germinate is not Ba in Yoruba language!. False from you because I posted Yoruba's dictionary to damn your falsehood grin

You claim Phonecians didn't come to West Africa. False from you because I posted references to it

You claimed Yoruba is a kwa language, which is related ti Ibo language, because she bordered in the North East yoruba land into Ibo land via Okun, Igala, Olukumi, Bini. False also from you. Even the Igala group is heavily present in Ibo land. False from you

You claimed, emerged from North central without any information on archeological evidence or ethnography to support your claim. False from you

You claimed Yoruba's Oduduwa group aren't migrants which Susan Blier affirm in her book.False from you becaj I posted Book that adduced migrants status of Odudua.

You claimed Yoruba language is resident within West Africa. Yet, scholars have shown that replica of that language is once spoken in Egypt.
False from you.

You claimed that Ifaodu is not cognate with Hebrew's Ephod (Ifaod ). Yet you don't have any proof . False from you. Peradventure you don't know; Oracular practise is about cast lot,prophetic, foretelling etc.

Below is the screenshot on a defined Hebrew's Ifaod as cognate with Yoruba's. grin grin Lol

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Hebrew Heritage by Olu317(m): 4:44pm On Jul 19, 2020
MetaPhysical:

grin
You are right! I am yet to see any Hajj ritual in Mecca that is not also mirrored in some aspect of Yoruba spirituality.

The circumambulation of the Kaaba, Ooni observes same in Ife on Olojo day.

The shaving of men's head and drape of a white loin cloth, Ifa initiates observe this.

The blackstone on the Shrine structure, Yoruba keep blackstones inside Shrines.

The supplication to God and culmination into the ritual sacrifice of a ram, Yoruba do exact same thing on Isese day.

He is waiting for Arabs to write about Yoruba first before he will believe. This is what he is always asking for..."if it was true Arabs would have written about it". ....but they did when they said Koreish (awon ti won "ki orisha" ) were the occupants of Mecca and Kaaba before Islam. Mohammed himself was born into the clan of "awon olorisha". It explains co-observation of many Islamic practices with Yoruba spirituality.

If he would not believe Mecca because he doesnt like Islam, you have brought more than sufficient and convincing evidence to demonstrate the footprint of Yoruba in AfroAsia, NorthAfrica....and particularly Canaan. So has Prexios and Obalufon.

Macof has been on this thread since day 1.....I am yet to see him give a convincing evidence that supports Yoruba is kwa. All the cognates he brings are donated....Yoruba being the donor.

Macof's new alias is Alade-Kwa.
grin. grin
This is a laughter beyond me bro grin cheesy. The guy is so blind that he doesn't even know that there is any account that Hebrew spoke Aramaic in Egypt .Yet he was asking me to show him the link to verify if it is true or not to showcase how I camr about Language similarities between Egypt's and Yoruba's language. This is someone who condemned Theophile Obenga's account on the similarities between root words found in Egyptian language and Yoruba's. Yet he believe Ibo and Yoruba's are same.The Ibo people who have pygmy bloodline in their Dna while Yoruba don't have grin

The lazy historian who never knew the purpose of Ram killing in Yoruba culture, which was replicated in Elephantine , Yeb Seyen ,in Lower Egypt of Egypt, which is called Ni-Ile( Nile),i.e land that's not atop. This singular acts led to the mass exodus of Hebrew to Sudan Belts after the destruction of their land called Land of Oni-as. And this led to the disappearance of these Ancestors of Yoruba's during the era of the Pharoah who was angry at the Hebrews, because of Ram,Calf bull, etc slaughtering as a sacrifice during Isese time, which was against Egyptian Khnub,in the land of Ra,that forbids killing of Rams and its likes.

Funnily, their grouse is that we should not believe ,oral account.that point to migration, Sultan Bello's, Baba Ahmed that lived over 350 years before Sultan Bello.These guys are just too funny to even realise that Morphology has lot in determining protolanguage which all of them have failed to use to connect Ibo and Yoruba language, respectively.

I even ask him to pin where my own oriki's that link me to Oru is in Yoruba's Ileife in Nigeiria, but he slipped the answer and fled. grin grin . After all, he can't deny the fact that Ileife has record of Oru ,in her Oral account that was destroyed by waters or flood . Yet he could not.

Cheers

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Hebrew Heritage by Olu317(m): 4:59pm On Jul 19, 2020
2prexios,

Pardon me for the late response to your question on the word ‘sin' in Hebrew, if it is connected to Yoruba's word for sin though there, root that has S N in Hebrew's ideograms.

This bilateral root S N is written as Son by one of the interpreter, which means ‘ to flock animal for migration.'

This word is tactically in cognate with Yoruba's sin : to flock or stray while animal husbandry

While ,Sin in English ; offence,guilt, do smething thats wrong , does not have same cognate with classic Hebrew after transliteration and translation which is derived from the following alphabetical order

Aleph(ah/eh)
Shin(sh)
mem(m)

Ashem/or Eshem ,which is same as Yoruba's Eshe or Eshem( my sin).
transliterated as the following:

Re: Yoruba Hebrew Heritage by MetaPhysical: 5:26pm On Jul 19, 2020
Olu317:
This is a laughter beyond me bro grin cheesy. The guy is so blind that he doesn't even know that there is any account that Hebrew spoke Aramaic in Egypt .Yet he was asking me to show him the link to verify if it is true or not to showcase how I camr about Language similarities between Egypt's and Yoruba's language. This is someone who condemned Theophile Obenga's account on the similarities between root words found in Egyptian language and Yoruba's. Yet he believe Ibo and Yoruba's are same.The Ibo people who have pygmy bloodline in their Dna while Yoruba don't have grin

The lazy historian who never knew the purpose of Ram killing in Yoruba culture, which was replicated in Elephantine , Yeb Seyen ,in Lower Egypt of Egypt, which is called Ni-Ile( Nile),i.e land that's not atop. This singular acts led to the mass exodus of Hebrew to Sudan Belts after the destruction of their land called Land of Oni-as. And this led to the disappearance of these Ancestors of Yoruba's during the era of the Pharoah who was angry at the Hebrews, because of Ram,Calf bull, etc slaughtering as a sacrifice during Isese time, which was against Egyptian Khnub,in the land of Ra,that forbids killing of Rams and its likes.

Funnily, their grouse is that we should not believe ,oral account.that point to migration, Sultan Bello's, Baba Ahmed that lived over 350 years before Sultan Bello.These guys are just too funny to even realise that Morphology has lot in determining protolanguage which all of them have failed to use to connect Ibo and Yoruba language, respectively.

I even ask him to pin where my own oriki's that link me to Oru is in Yoruba's Ileife in Nigeiria, but he slipped the answer and fled. grin grin . After all, he can't deny the fact that Ileife has record of Oru ,in her Oral account that was destroyed by waters or flood . Yet he could not.

Cheers

Oru - Ur
IleIfe - Nineveh

As many times that you have made these connections, a true and unbiased historian....or even a linguist would have been inspired to investigate that angle.

An ambitious professional would show interest to see if something not previously touched could now be discovered to push forward knowledge for humanity and position, if any errors in past, a new truthful account divergent from past assumptions and or studies.

Macof is neither unbiased or ambitious. He is here to shut down inspiration, to snap at new leads and disparage theories, and steer blindly for a under-investigated and mis-applied Kwa structure.

When i heard you talked about Greek-Hebrew- Levant connection, I started going into Greek-English Bible. I swear I saw some words in there and wondered to myself if the authors knew they were writing Yoruba.

Words like Bere, to begin; Gabar, strength, Mulk, splendor, and many more. Respectively these are Ibere, Agbara and Miliki.

I am not a linguist or historian but you aroused my interest and through that discovered new things and independent sources that confirmed knowledge I already obtained in another source. Not that I do but If I had doubt about my source for any reason, following your info share and picking up a Greek Bible to find same knowledge in its consistency settled my trust.

This is what I have observed everyone here doing....improving knowledge and info share through open-mindedness and interest. Macof remains the exception. Yet he refuses to offer his own theories.

Tao is an opponent view but reading some things she shared I have been able to add to my knowledge.

Opposition should not be a "tear it down" drive....but rather an approach to assist and expand awareness.

I wish Alade-Kwa good luck!
Re: Yoruba Hebrew Heritage by macof(m): 6:43pm On Jul 19, 2020
MetaPhysical:

Oponu ni e!

You that called Alade Owner of Crown.

...and failed to recognize that Ogho and Ego are borrowed words from OWO.

You should never open mouth to talk kwa and methodology here again
Continued Idiocy. With every post you just gleefully expose your lack of proper education and any intellect whatsoever

A Yoruba wannabe
A yoruba man cannot be a yoruba wannabe.

same can't be said for you whoever you are that wants to be arab or hebrew or anything from the middle east by all means. A semtic wannabe ready to denounce his true ancestors
you are shameless and disgraceful to the yoruba nation with no sense of connection to our people, our land or ancestors. A thoroughly disconnected soul who would rather do anything to feel and behave like an arab or hebrew. You might have to be deported to the middle east to live among your assumed and preferred people grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (76) (77) (78) (79) (80) (81) (82) ... (97) (Reply)

Post your photos of Igbo village houses here / How To Say "I Love You" In The Various Nigerian Languages / Teach Me Naija Slang Please

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 266
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.