Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,747 members, 7,824,149 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:47 AM

Yoruba Hebrew Heritage - Culture (96) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Yoruba Hebrew Heritage (137279 Views)

Yoruba Hebrew Heritage (End Of Discussion) / Yoruba Hebrew Heritage (Thanksgiving Thread) / Unanswered Questions On Yoruba's Hebrew Heritage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (93) (94) (95) (96) (97) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Yoruba Hebrew Heritage by absoluteSuccess: 6:13pm On Oct 01, 2021
macof:

grin grin grin grin clown. I have said it severally that your command of the Yoruba language is poor. You cannot identify different tones because you don't think like a Yoruba, you think like a middle eastern peasant. You are a lost soul, far far gone

It is "Ẹba yìí rọ̀" Like "Ẹja Arọ̀"

Then Òjò ń rọ like Atẹ̀wọ̀nrọ

Your attempt to place the two words as one and the same falls on its face immediately you look for other examples but even with these 4 examples it's clear that the word that goes with "Òjò" (rain) is the same word in "Atewonro/Ateworo" which is different from that which goes with "soft eba" grin
This foolish fraud wants me to believe that it is "rain is softening" grin grin instead of "rain is falling"

This fool is so bad at Yoruba language but never brave enough to admit his limitations, instead resorting to guess work from his imagination and stubbornly claiming his wrong interpretation is right.

I won't bother on this topic again, go and learn how to differentiate Ẹ̀wọ̀n from Ewọ and Rọ from Rọ̀

Read your own post here and digest it, would you still hold to it with what you have learnt from this place so far, compare to what you used to know? Before this encounter, you don't know ambiguity.

How could your rò in ojo and eja be the same thing but you still discriminate with my rò in eba rirò? What manner of "diacritic-possessiveness" is that? Is this evidence of erudition in the field?

macof:

Keep crying on my mentions. You and Olu are nothing but frauds. And time and time again you have exposed yourselves
All this is just damaga control, instead of admitting to his wrong, you are going through corners grin

What is there to understand or "not understand"?
That Olu doesn't know how to write proper Yoruba with diacritics? In your comment above, did you not just tell him he was wrong too?
Oh it's only you that can tell him when he is wrong, when I do it, I am bringing down what I don't understand??
You are a dishonest mad man

I've done you a favor of bringing back your own post from your personal struggles with the truth as a very honest, no madness man. It shows that you know your onions when it comes to Yoruba.

Compare to the litmus test of character you want to run away from. You skewed through the post on the thread "Yoruba phenomenon of the day", looking for what to grab.

Alas, the book in my last post is without diacritics, you couldn't make sense of it's eloquent penmanship with Google translate.or your Dictionary. Now you came here to rubbish the work as "blind leading the blind".

Of course, psychopaths are brilliant liars, you are already here, bending public opinions to fault my review of Olu's curiosity after doing nothing but the blame game. When I exposed you to your ignorance about ambiguity, you call it fraud.

This mannerism continues to expose you as a quack. You don't agree with examples you can't find in your Yoruba dictionary of course.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Yoruba Hebrew Heritage by Olu317(m): 7:44pm On Oct 01, 2021
macof:

Keep crying on my mentions. You and Olu are nothing but frauds. And time and time again you have exposed yourselves
All this is just damaga control, instead of admitting to his wrong, you are going through corners grin

What is there to understand or "not understand"?
That Olu doesn't know how to write proper Yoruba with diacritics? In your comment above, did you not just tell him he was wrong too?
Oh it's only you that can tell him when he is wrong, when I do it, I am bringing down what I don't understand??
You are a dishonest mad man
You are the biggest FRAUD, obviously ! cheesy grin smiley wink I have never complained any of you people but rather, you guys look for a way to compel me to change my moniker as una did grin wink ? Only liar do such but I am not grin.

Seemigly,you do not understand English grin grin obviously because , you lacked the personality to save the day.

Seriously, in a simple term, absoluteSuccess was just telling you that I chose the best diacritics that fallls within the author's decision's based on target audience and pronunciation, which are for the elite to comprehend,while considering it as the best fit at the point. cool grin angry Liar macof

I am right as in right right to mean right with a sense of genuity which is different from stagnant ideology based on some incomprehensive sarcasm that has become sequencial fraud on your path.
Re: Yoruba Hebrew Heritage by absoluteSuccess: 9:17pm On Oct 01, 2021
Olu317:
You are the biggest FRAUD, obviously ! cheesy grin smiley wink I have never complained any of you people but rather, you guys look for a way to compel me to change my moniker as una did grin wink ? Only liar do such but I am not grin.

Seemigly,you do not understand English grin grin obviously because , you lacked the personality to save the day.

Seriously, in a simple term, absoluteSuccess was just telling you that I chose the best diacritics that fallls within the author's decision's based on target audience and pronunciation, which are for the elite to comprehend,while considering it as the best fit at the point. cool grin angry Liar macof

I am right as in right right to mean right with a sense of genuity which is different from stagnant ideology based on some incomprehensive sarcasm that has become sequencial fraud on your path.

Macof is a fraud but also a very very brilliant liar, he will pan the axiom of discussion away from public glare and impose what he wants them to see. You are no match to such in their business.

I'm not surprised at his summarily dismissal of the book you cropped from the post I earlier shared. He read it there and came here to react to it in his braggadocio superfluous manner. So full of pride.

He disparaged a classic written in the best eloquence and style that is about the best in the trade even till date, as our crop of writers may not have written Yoruba prose in this fashion.

Out of sheer lack of perception he couldn't see what he doesn't know. I didn't see the points I listed out to him in the book either, but the style and the prose is clear indication of reasons for the penmanship.

The man is only looking for diacritics, not to learn. Now who will belittle a classic for the the reason that it lacks diacritics when the book is pleasure to read and understand?

Afoun pamo nii sami ona: it's only a man that cannot read without diacritic who will have problems with such work. That shouldn't be a Yoruba man who can read Yoruba language.

Now, I've keyed his error of judgement to his post, but then he's clever. He tries to sneak in your stuff as the point I'm referring to as him being a destroyer of what he doesn't understand.

That's manipulative things these guys do. But nevertheless, he's profiling his personality here and possibly, the circus band are not many as they used to be. Worn out of valid insights.

He uses dictionary for his Yoruba, he can't see what you are seeing. I came to realize it eventually. It's a compression of linguistic ideas into a single or double vowel sounds.

If they have a spirit of discernment, they will be able to grasp the intricacies responsible for what you are pushing for. They don't have a way to explain the phenomenon, just diacritics.

Pick what is useful bro, let's move forward.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yoruba Hebrew Heritage by Olu317(m): 5:10am On Oct 02, 2021
absoluteSuccess:

Macof is a fraud but also a very very brilliant liar, he will pan the axiom of discussion away from public glare and impose what he wants them to see. You are no match to such in their business.

I'm not surprised at his summarily dismissal of the book you cropped from the post I earlier shared. He read it there and came here to react to it in his braggadocio superfluous manner. So full of pride.

He disparaged a classic written in the best eloquence and style that is about the best in the trade even till date, as our crop of writers may not have written Yoruba prose in this fashion.

Out of sheer lack of perception he couldn't see what he doesn't know. I didn't see the points I listed out to him in the book either, but the style and the prose is clear indication of reasons for the penmanship.

The man is only looking for diacritics, not to learn. Now who will belittle a classic for the the reason that it lacks diacritics when the book is pleasure to read and understand?

Afoun pamo nii sami ona: it's only a man that cannot read without diacritic who will have problems with such work. That shouldn't be a Yoruba man who can read Yoruba language.

Now, I've keyed his error of judgement to his post, but then he's clever. He tries to sneak in your stuff as the point I'm referring to as him being a destroyer of what he doesn't understand.

That's manipulative things these guys do. But nevertheless, he's profiling his personality here and possibly, the circus band are not many as they used to be. Worn out of valid insights.

He uses dictionary for his Yoruba, he can't see what you are seeing. I came to realize it eventually. It's a compression of linguistic ideas into a single or double vowel sounds.

If they have a spirit of discernment, they will be able to grasp the intricacies responsible for what you are pushing for. They don't have a way to explain the phenomenon, just diacritics.

How on earth can he sees such things in a book which has gone through proofreading and editing for the audience to comprehend ?

All he desires is, bring olu down. After all he olu, posts things which they, antagonists cannot comprehend. grin cheesy angry

But today, he and his crew are trying hard to justify what I propose on the actual probable correct transliteration of the written Arabic script that mentioned the south west ethnic group's identity and her relative in other countries in West Africa as Yrb(Yarb),while I use the Semitic method of transliteration and usage of the consonants as vowel. grin cheesy grin

Infact, one of them is almost identifying the first phase of the transliteration but not there yet. This has just proven, that what I have been postulated on the transliteration all along is actually coming to reality but certainly it looks strange.

Baba , thank you for the clarification on the explanation on the book and reason I need use the diacritics as best fit because of the real audience and not detractors,whom I pay little or no attention on.

2 Likes

Re: Yoruba Hebrew Heritage by macof(m): 10:17am On Oct 02, 2021
absoluteSuccess:

gringrin cheesy.

I use dictionary for my Yoruba? . Is that supposed to be an insult?
If that's your problem why not start using dictionary for your own Yoruba to confirm things when you need to?
Why not tell Olu who relies entirely on his nonsense dictionary to get a better dictionary? Or just tell him to not rely on any dictionary since his failures come from the dictionary he is using.

You are such a fraud. grin earlier you were teaching Olu about diacritics and how ọ̀rọ is wrong, he told you right back that he's not going to learn anything from you. Now you are defending the same thing you said was wrong only just a few posts above.
When I first came in to correct Olu, you instantly defended his wrong diacritics without thought.
When you realised he was embarrassing himself you decided to change course and tell him the truth.. But you are still angry that I corrected him at all?
Are you not insane?

You are a clown cheesy
You are trying hard to bring me back to having time for you. But no, I'm too busy and you are not worth my time.
Re: Yoruba Hebrew Heritage by kayfra: 9:01pm On Oct 02, 2021
Fake Hebrew abi na Egyptian heritage. Totally contrived nonsense

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Hebrew Heritage by Olu317(m): 10:39pm On Oct 02, 2021
macof:

gringrin cheesy.

If that's your problem why not start using dictionary for your own Yoruba to confirm things when you need to?
Why not tell Olu who relies entirely on his nonsense dictionary to get a better dictionary? Or just tell him to not rely on any dictionary since his failures come from the dictionary he is using.

You are such a fraud. grin earlier you were teaching Olu about diacritics and how ọ̀rọ is wrong, he told you right back that he's not going to learn anything from you. Now you are defending the same thing you said was wrong only just a few posts above.
When I first came in to correct Olu, you instantly defended his wrong diacritics without thought.
When you realised he was embarrassing himself you decided to change course and tell him the truth.. But you are still angry that I corrected him at all?
Are you not insane?

You are a clown cheesy
You are trying hard to bring me back to having time for you. But no, I'm too busy and you are not worth my time.
Lol . Show just two books to back up your point. Is that hard for you ? grin cheesy angry Proof it that you're not lying noow cheesy . Instead of these lamentations .

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Hebrew Heritage by macof(m): 10:43pm On Oct 02, 2021
Olu317:
Lol . Show just two books to back up your point. Is that hard for you ? grin cheesy angry Proof it that you're not lying noow cheesy . Instead of these lamentations .

Prove what? That it is "ọ̀rọ̀" not ọ̀rọ"? cheesy
Re: Yoruba Hebrew Heritage by absoluteSuccess: 12:26am On Oct 03, 2021
Olu317:

Olu, enough said.
Ditch the bit.ch.

It doesn't remove anything from you or stop you from being whom you will be, it saves you time and keeps you safe and sound from a psycho troll.

If you don't do it now, you will 100 years to come.

Thanks.
Re: Yoruba Hebrew Heritage by Olu317(m): 5:07am On Oct 03, 2021
absoluteSuccess:

Olu, enough said.
Ditch the bit.ch.

It doesn't remove anything from you or stop you from being whom you will be, it saves you time and keeps you safe and sound from a psycho troll.

If you don't do it now, you will 100 years to come.

Thanks.
No sentiment attach to it but only making mockery of the troll Professor without a single evidence to proof his point but based on assumption grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Yoruba Hebrew Heritage by absoluteSuccess: 8:30am On Oct 03, 2021
Olu317:
No sentiment attach to it but only making mockery of the troll Professor without a single evidence to proof his point but based on assumption grin

Alright bro. Happy Sunday.
Re: Yoruba Hebrew Heritage by rhektor(m): 10:03am On Oct 03, 2021
Olu317:
Lmao. ọ̀rọ means word

Why was majority of the words in both of your screenshots not marked? This is how to know that your dictionary is not reliable for diacritics, just that you are too dull to admit it

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Hebrew Heritage by absoluteSuccess: 6:43am On Oct 04, 2021
macof:

gringrin cheesy.

Are you not insane?

You are a clown cheesy

https://www.nairaland.com/4475313/yoruba-hebrew-heritage/82#up

https://www.nairaland.com/4475313/yoruba-hebrew-heritage/83

You don't understand Yoruba, I'm Yoruba and I speak the language, you are a fake Yoruba using dictionary for the language.

Ojo n rò, is different from ojo n ro.

Nothing like ojo n ro, rain falls, it never wither. Then also, it's atewonrò, not atewonro. Nobody say it that way except you, historian.

You can't use dictionary for a language and be better than the informed native speakers. You are being confused and beyond help.

Thanks for your confession. It's the moment of Truth at last. I almost missed it. He has kn. undecided undecided

Oduduwa atewonrò
Oludumare, Oba ataye ro bi agogo.

The difference is clear. Your insult can never transform to insight. Just do the needful and confirm with your Dictionary.

A ri teni moowi, afapaadi bo tie mole.

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Hebrew Heritage by kayusely70(m): 11:20am On Oct 05, 2021
absoluteSuccess:

Amen. Sorry I took down the original post. It's part of the book I'm working on, trust that you just dropped a gem in the above oriki.

I will appreciate if you feed me with the rest of it privately sir, it has to be documented as oral source. It's Yoruba's Commonwealth.

Each family keep a part, and that makes each house a custodian of Yoruba historical data, and not a centralized entity for everyone.

Text me the details, I will pay for it.

My number is 080 97 17 4000.

When are you paying the money you owe me. I need it to buy drugs for my ailment. Olu317 and macof should kindly appeal to absolutesuccess to pay me my money since almost two weeks now.
Re: Yoruba Hebrew Heritage by Olu317(m): 2:22pm On Oct 05, 2021
kayusely70:
When are you paying the money you owe me. I need it to buy drugs for my ailment. Olu317 and macof should kindly appeal to absolutesuccess to pay me my money since almost two weeks now.
Whatever, you discussed in private,why bring it up here ? Anyway,it's self decision to do the unneedful.

Albeit, irrespective of the motive behind this,kindly straighten it out with him in private as you did before you mentioned my moniker.

Seriously, people owe and as long as the owing party has agreed to pay bqck, then there is no cause for alarm.

2 Likes

Re: Yoruba Hebrew Heritage by kayusely70(m): 8:03pm On Oct 05, 2021
Olu317:
Whatever, you discussed in private,why bring it up here ? Anyway,it's self decision to do the unneedful.

Albeit, irrespective of the motive behind this,kindly straighten it out with him in private as you did before you mentioned my moniker.

Seriously, people owe and as long as the owing party has agreed to pay bqck, then there is no cause for alarm.
He has turned out to be a great cheat and unreliable person. I have told him to pay up or I will call him out.
Re: Yoruba Hebrew Heritage by absoluteSuccess: 5:13am On Oct 06, 2021
kayusely70:
He has turned out to be a great cheat and unreliable person. I have told him to pay up or I will call him out.

Thanks, I will pay you hopefully by Saturday. Are you headed of your sore throat?

Nobody can read and enjoy the piece the way it is, as it's a special poetry and not a conversation, I asked you for a voice note over WhatsApp and you claim to have a sore throat.

Ever since then you gave me ultimatum using strongly worded warnings, and since you said you will be calling me out here, I considered it part of the deal I'm paying for.

Thanks for your efforts though, it got us this:

OMO ELERIN MOSA
OMO ELEWE LADO GBA
OMO ORORO MOROGUN MI WO LERIN
OMO WAGUN WAGUN, WON NI KE,
MA WA ERIN LOGUN, WON NI,
TE BAFE WA ERIN LOGUN,
KE TOJU APO IDE,
KE TOJU OFA BABA
KE TOJU IBON AJANBAKU,
KE TOJU IBON AMUOLEWON
KE TOJU ATA MEWA, TI WON FI NJI WON LOJU ORUN BATA LOFA TI O BAKU, ORI WI
WON FI
NITORI ENI, EMU MOJE, NI WO WELO BIISU,
OMO ELERIN OMO A DA OYAN YOYO,
OMO A DA OFA KEREKERE WO ODO,
OMO ELERIN, OMO, ADA OYAN YOYO OMO ADA OYAN YOYO
OMO ADA OFA KEREKERE WO, OJO ,OKO ONIGOSUN TEGUN TEGUN
OMO IGI KAN, IGI KAN, TO YA DINA
LERIN, NI POPO OLOWO, TI O JE KI ERU ELERIN O LE ROKO
KO JEKI IWOFA ELERIN O RONA RODO
OYAJU KAN, OYAJU KAN,
TO RELE REE MEDUN WA,
KO TO DE, IGI TI DI AGOGO IDE
IGI TI DI EJIGBARA ILEKE, OMO AJIBU

3 Likes

Re: Yoruba Hebrew Heritage by absoluteSuccess: 5:19am On Oct 06, 2021
Olu317:

Thanks boss, our brother was saying all sorts like I want to dupe him, I think he's an old man and cannot bite and all sorts. I just decided to see what he wants to do.

I've tried to pay him at the appointed time, but I was debited on my account, thinking that the money was still there. I told him what transpired then.

I will forward the money on or before Saturday, may God keep us alive. Not everyone understand honorarium is different from merchandising.

Thanks.

2 Likes

Re: Yoruba Hebrew Heritage by Olu317(m): 7:23am On Oct 06, 2021
absoluteSuccess:

Thanks boss, our brother was saying all sorts like I want to dupe him, I think he's an old man and cannot bite and all sorts. I just decided to see what he wants to do.

I've tried to pay him at the appointed time, but I was debited on my account, thinking that the money was still there. I told him what transpired then.

I will forward the money on or before Saturday, may God keep us alive. Not everyone understand honorarium is different from merchandising.

Thanks.
You are welcome. Seriously, I know the three groups God created on earth and I have been able to manage the two others who do not belong to my own group.

It is because of this that makes me familiar with humans characters. Anway, as long as you have made him or her see your desire to pay, then there is no problem.

After all, who on earth doesn't owe in one way or the other ? I cannot think of one. I rather posit here that you stay in tune with your conscience and do the needful as soon as possible.

Cheers
Re: Yoruba Hebrew Heritage by Olu317(m): 7:48am On Oct 06, 2021
kayusely70:
If you think, he turns out to be a cheat, does not mean, he is a cheat,until there is heat disagreement between the two of you and his unwillingness to pay.

Peradventure, there are few challenges at hand that makes him a bit out of returning the money to you on time ,which could be reason justifiable to him. This does not make him free of being indebted to you.

Certainly, I expect him to pay you back what belong to you, so that, his word remains his personality. Mind you, I owe people too and people owe me aswell,which is the reason I understand certain challenges that emanates in debt.
Re: Yoruba Hebrew Heritage by absoluteSuccess: 8:11am On Oct 06, 2021
Olu317:
You are welcome. Seriously, I know the three groups God created on earth and I have been able to manage the two others who do not belong to my own group.

It is because of this that makes me familiar with humans characters. Anway, as long as you have made him or her see your desire to pay, then there is no problem.

After all, who on earth doesn't owe in one way or the other ? I cannot think of one. I rather posit here that you stay in tune with your conscience and do the needful as soon as possible.

Cheers

Thanks very much boss, I've just paid the guy. The last post I made has just activated the dormant spy from the Widowmaker.

It validated my suspicions further. If I've not exercise some patience, this validation won't have come. People are dangerous.

Have a lovely day.

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Hebrew Heritage by Olu317(m): 8:54am On Oct 06, 2021
absoluteSuccess:

Thanks very much boss, I've just paid the guy. The last post I made has just activated the dormant spy from the Widowmaker.

It validated my suspicions further. If I've not exercise some patience, this validation won't have come. People are dangerous.

Have a lovely day.
You are welcome.

Enjoy your day aswell.
Re: Yoruba Hebrew Heritage by Olu317(m): 3:03am On Oct 07, 2021
absoluteSuccess:

Thanks, I will pay you hopefully by Saturday. Are you headed of your sore throat?

Nobody can read and enjoy the piece the way it is, as it's a special poetry and not a conversation, I asked you for a voice note over WhatsApp and you claim to have a sore throat.

Ever since then you gave me ultimatum using strongly worded warnings, and since you said you will be calling me out here, I considered it part of the deal I'm paying for.

Thanks for your efforts though, it got us this:

OMO ELERIN MOSA
OMO ELEWE LADO GBA
OMO ORORO MOROGUN MI WO LERIN
OMO WAGUN WAGUN, WON NI KE,
MA WA ERIN LOGUN, WON NI,
TE BAFE WA ERIN LOGUN,
KE TOJU APO IDE,
KE TOJU OFA BABA
KE TOJU IBON AJANBAKU,
KE TOJU IBON AMUOLEWON
KE TOJU ATA MEWA, TI WON FI NJI WON LOJU ORUN BATA LOFA TI O BAKU, ORI WI
WON FI
NITORI ENI, EMU MOJE, NI WO WELO BIISU,
OMO ELERIN OMO A DA OYAN YOYO,
OMO A DA OFA KEREKERE WO ODO,
OMO ELERIN, OMO, ADA OYAN YOYO OMO ADA OYAN YOYO
OMO ADA OFA KEREKERE WO, OJO ,OKO ONIGOSUN TEGUN TEGUN
OMO IGI KAN, IGI KAN, TO YA DINA
LERIN, NI POPO OLOWO, TI O JE KI ERU ELERIN O LE ROKO
KO JEKI IWOFA ELERIN O RONA RODO
OYAJU KAN, OYAJU KAN,
TO RELE REE MEDUN WA,
KO TO DE, IGI TI DI AGOGO IDE
IGI TI DI EJIGBARA ILEKE, OMO AJIBU
This oriki does not seem to ọbàlúfọn oooo!

This seems like Ajasa Dada , mistakenly called AJaka, by people, who happened to be the first ọlọyọ and his descendants oriki grin grin grin who was a direct son of ọránmiyan. The king who could trap Oranfe and Sango's thunderstorm.

Let me know your connection with ọyọ, Ado if such link exist either I am right or even wrong. Certainly Erin(elephant ) is also a totem of ọyọ Kings and lineage.
Re: Yoruba Hebrew Heritage by absoluteSuccess: 6:30am On Oct 07, 2021
Olu317:
This oriki does not seem to ọbàlúfọn oooo!

This seems like Ajasa Dada , mistakenly called AJaka, by people, who happened to be the first ọlọyọ and his descendants oriki grin grin grin who was a direct son of ọránmiyan. The king who could trap Oranfe and Sango's thunderstorm.

Let me know your connection with ọyọ, Ado if such link exist either I am right or even wrong. Certainly Erin(elephant ) is also a totem of ọyọ Kings and lineage.

No the oriki is a good one.

I ought to get a better accentuated version online if I search for oriki elerin later in the day. My landlady is from there and some of the words she often used is here.

By and large, it's the wordings of the oriki. Ajaka is a historical currency in Yoruba. There's revisionism going on, but no one can recoin words that are well attested in different places.

We have Makun Ajaka at Ishagamu, we have a place called Ajaka towards the border around idiroko, ajaka is a historical name. One thing that Ado historically shared with Oyo is Olukoso. Olukoso Alado, Abiyo, Oyo.

It's not Erin, it's Èrìn, "journeying" or "wayfaring". It's Exodus. Now combine it with Ilé, it becomes "the journey home". There's something biblical in the first line.

You can't pin every Yoruba history to Ile Ife in Osun state, except you can trace the "Odo to san wereke, to dagbala Osinle to dabata, onipele o gbodo mu..." to the present Ife.

Mind you, I'm not saying Yoruba didn't come from Ife, not trying to add more reason to intensify reasons for the killers to add to the bounty, just saying it's the older Ife.

I will like to discontinue the discussion too, here is a wasteland, imagine the crop of people I've attracted to my life for trying to talk about Yoruba antiquity they don't know.

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Hebrew Heritage by absoluteSuccess: 6:31am On Oct 07, 2021
Re: Yoruba Hebrew Heritage by Olu317(m): 10:09pm On Oct 07, 2021
absoluteSuccess:

No the oriki is a good one.

I ought to get a better accentuated version online if I search for oriki elerin later in the day. My landlady is from there and some of the words she often used is here.

By and large, it's the wordings of the oriki. Ajaka is a historical currency in Yoruba. There's revisionism going on, but no one can recoin words that are well attested in different places.

We have Makun Ajaka at Ishagamu, we have a place called Ajaka towards the border around idiroko, ajaka is a historical name. One thing that Ado historically shared with Oyo is Olukoso. Olukoso Alado, Abiyo, Oyo.

It's not Erin, it's Èrìn, "journeying" or "wayfaring". It's Exodus. Now combine it with Ilé, it becomes "the journey home". There's something biblical in the first line.

You can't pin every Yoruba history to Ile Ife in Osun state, except you can trace the "Odo to san wereke, to dagbala Osinle to dabata, onipele o gbodo mu..." to the present Ife.

Mind you, I'm not saying Yoruba didn't come from Ife, not trying to add more reason to intensify reasons for the killers to add to the bounty, just saying it's the older Ife.

I will like to discontinue the discussion too, here is a wasteland, imagine the crop of people I've attracted to my life for trying to talk about Yoruba antiquity they don't know.
I have never said there were no Ajaka but that the one who was the enthroned as Oba in Oyo,was erroneously called Ajaka when infact, his real name was Ajasa. And he was also the one known as Dada because he kept his own dreadlocks during his reign as Oloyo.

While I have no issue with the oriki, but just curiosity,which made me ask the question.

The other point on ileife unifying city,is that if anyone profess to be Yoruba, such must be identified with a family members at Ileife. Even the empe groups that came with Oranmiyan have families at Ileife who are already interwoven with other Yoruba groups.

I am also familiar with the Idoko-Yoruba related groups in Yorubaland, even Awujale is a descendant of Obalufon, despite the fact that there are intermarriages that bonded them all.

Oranmiyan also had a son whose mother was a descendant of Obalufon Alayemore that gave birth to Lajamisan; the one whose lineage of Oranmiyan rules at Ileife, with the knowledge of all other Yoruba lead kings at Ileife such as the kings at Ido,Iloromu,Parakin, Omologun ,Oke Awo,Iwinrin, Ijugbe, Iraaye,Imojubi,Oke Oja, Iloran,Odin,Ideta .

So, using panegyric can be helpful in identifying of one's family and root at Ileife, no matter how long one has been home. Every descendants have a link to Ileife.

Peradventure, you have information to share on it which differs,then I will like to know. Although, I will emphasis here that Are crown belong to Odua dynasty and not as speculated wrongly. But certain family play ritual role when crowning a new Ooni from Odua dynasty , which solely lies now with Jegbe Odede Oranmiyan

Cheers

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Hebrew Heritage by absoluteSuccess: 12:22pm On Oct 08, 2021
Olu317:
I have never said there were no Ajaka but that the one who was the enthroned as Oba in Oyo,was erroneously called Ajaka when infact, his real name was Ajasa. And he was also the one known as Dada because he kept his own dreadlocks during his reign as Oloyo.

While I have no issue with the oriki, but just curiosity,which made me ask the question.

The other point on ileife unifying city,is that if anyone profess to be Yoruba, such must be identified with a family members at Ileife. Even the empe groups that came with Oranmiyan have families at Ileife who are already interwoven with other Yoruba groups.

I am also familiar with the Idoko-Yoruba related groups in Yorubaland, even Awujale is a descendant of Obalufon, despite the fact that there are intermarriages that bonded them all.

Oranmiyan also had a son whose mother was a descendant of Obalufon Alayemore that gave birth to Lajamisan; the one whose lineage of Oranmiyan rules at Ileife, with the knowledge of all other Yoruba lead kings at Ileife such as the kings at Ido,Iloromu,Parakin, Omologun ,Oke Awo,Iwinrin, Ijugbe, Iraaye,Imojubi,Oke Oja, Iloran,Odin,Ideta .

So, using panegyric can be helpful in identifying of one's family and root at Ileife, no matter how long one has been home. Every descendants have a link to Ileife.

Peradventure, you have information to share on it which differs,then I will like to know. Although, I will emphasis here that Are crown belong to Odua dynasty and not as speculated wrongly. But certain family play ritual role when crowning a new Ooni from Odua dynasty , which solely lies now with Jegbe Odede Oranmiyan

Cheers

God bless you. If the narrative did not state it, in it's antiquity, I will not say it in the present. I have to be obedient to the narrative. I'm from isolo for instance, I can only agree to the tradition of isolo in other parts of Yoruba.

One of such place is the ancient city state of Idanre, there, Osolo play prominent role in tradition. I don't want to be a Yoruba fusing the Yoruba into the oral tradition, I want to be the Yoruba upholding the oral records.

Oral record is different from oral tradition. Oral records doesn't patronize politics of the day, oral traditions does just that. I'm not searching for such in Yoruba history, that's why I don't repeat what people say.

If Yoruba had it that Ajaka was the name, who travelled back and rediscovered the right version and how long has the wrong variant been in use? So we needed to do more of findings than the corrections of the unknown.
Re: Yoruba Hebrew Heritage by absoluteSuccess: 9:39pm On Oct 08, 2021
2prexios:

Smokescreen.

How does this connect us to your last post about odiyan and Odion? How does this nonsense interpret "erin fee pami" back to English? cheesy

You recently began digging to my profile on Facebook and turn around to claim you give me no regards when I connect you back to reality.

I have nothing to hide. You are the one screaming "I'm Yoruba and right after my name Yoruba is my only identity" who asked you this before you impose it on them?

That's the ultimate ruse. I have created a vacant place for you to post your oriki, b'ogo eni ba dani loju, afii gbari ni. Yoruba e ko l'ogo. grin

Afoun pamo nii sami ona.

I have your post where you claimed your ancestors emigrated into Yoruba land about a century ago from the middle belt. You made the post yourself.

Since then you have acculturated into Yoruba culture, you claimed. You can deny this as lie. I have the link.

I won't be surprised if this migration is your inspiration to Oduduwa coming from the middle belt to "civilize" Yoruba as you wont to do.

So you are the online Oduduwa who has married into the local population.

As for olu's info about you, even if your name is ekundayo, will you agree? Oruko omo nii momo sokigbe. The sorrow you think you can give others maximise your joy.

I have said it here before that macof real name is Ekundayo.

More to come.

https://www.nairaland.com/4475313/yoruba-hebrew-heritage/47
Re: Yoruba Hebrew Heritage by Abohboy: 9:47pm On Oct 08, 2021
Olu317:

Cheers

I thought Ajasa was the original name of Porto Novo
Re: Yoruba Hebrew Heritage by macof(m): 11:59pm On Oct 08, 2021
absoluteSuccess:

I have said it here before that macof real name is Ekundayo.

More to come.

https://www.nairaland.com/4475313/yoruba-hebrew-heritage/47

Get a life you fool and stop mentioning me to your silly nonsense
Re: Yoruba Hebrew Heritage by macof(m): 12:00am On Oct 09, 2021
Abohboy:

Are you taking anything from those ones seriously lol
Re: Yoruba Hebrew Heritage by Olu317(m): 7:39am On Oct 09, 2021
Abohboy:

Ajaṣẹ not Ajasa. Beside, Ajaṣẹ is a mixture of Yoruba and Gun-Egun people which is an old capital of Yoruba kingdom known as Popo.

(1) (2) (3) ... (93) (94) (95) (96) (97) (Reply)

Post your photos of Igbo village houses here / How To Say "I Love You" In The Various Nigerian Languages / Teach Me Naija Slang Please

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 134
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.