Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,288 members, 7,954,148 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 01:07 PM

DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 - Travel (165) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 (861569 Views)

USA Visit Visa Part 4 / USA Visit Visa Part 4 / USA Visit Visa Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (162) (163) (164) (165) (166) (167) (168) ... (400) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by heywhyo: 4:02pm On Jun 10, 2019
Daddybomboy:

Bellong

Bsc in Building and it's a 5 year course.

The online MSc in Construction Project Management

Daddy.... Building is highly relevant, hence your BSc. Building will suffice.
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by jekky83: 6:39pm On Jun 10, 2019
Hello house
This is a nice thread.
I will love to know which visa subclass is suitable for me
Kindly advise me

B.Sc, Electronic/Electrical Engineering OAU, ife

Work experience
2015-2017
Information System Engineer(Level 2 IT Support)

2017-till date
Network Engineer

will be writing my IELTS next month.
Also, which assessment should i do

@bellong and please help
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by ashaju33: 8:48pm On Jun 10, 2019
Anfieldboss:

Hello bro,

Please how much did u pay for ur assessment with Engineers Australia

1 Like

Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by shinefelicity: 1:15pm On Jun 11, 2019
Hello my people. How have you guys been? pls I would like to inquire from the gurus in the house if it is absolutely necessary for someone to access his work experience with EA after doing the initial Degree assessment in 2017. My spouse works with a government agency and recently got 489 nomination. we are planning to apply for visa and would like to tie any lose end. Thanks
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by bellong: 2:08pm On Jun 11, 2019
shinefelicity:
Hello my people. How have you guys been? pls I would like to inquire from the gurus in the house if it is absolutely necessary for someone to access his work experience with EA after doing the initial Degree assessment in 2017. My spouse works with a government agency and recently got 489 nomination. we are planning to apply for visa and would like to tie any lose end. Thanks

If your spouse already has 489 invitation, what do you need the work experience assessment for?
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by shinefelicity: 3:04pm On Jun 11, 2019
bellong:

If your spouse already has 489 invitation, what do you need the work experience assessment for?

Okay. Was worried because sometime last year read about someone asked by the VO to assess his work experience with EA after applying for visa.
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by aaffluent: 3:42pm On Jun 11, 2019
Both IT occupations won’t fly for experience points but the Engineering discipline can give good assessment outcome if it is a 5yrs program using your placement projects or final yr projects for CDR provided that you perfect it from what plagiarism checker can match. Also, do pte if you can learn to read and speak fast and clear like a rapper. Good luck
jekky83:
Hello house
This is a nice thread.
I will love to know which visa subclass is suitable for me
Kindly advise me

Me
B.Sc, Electronic/Electrical Engineering OAU, ife

Work experience
2015-2017
Information System Engineer(Level 2 IT Support)

2017-till date
Network Engineer

will be writing my IELTS next month.
Also, which assessment should i do.

1 Like

Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by MHBS: 10:33pm On Jun 11, 2019
Hi everyone, am new to this forum. please am applying for MSA for Australia visa 189 the assessing authority is TRA, I want to find out if my assessment will be successful without providing website and social media handle of the company I work for. the company doesn't have either of them .
thank you
@bellong please help
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by bellong: 2:41am On Jun 12, 2019
shinefelicity:

Okay. Was worried because sometime last year read about someone asked by the VO to assess his work experience with EA after applying for visa.

Since you are not the principal applicant, the CO will be less concerned about your work experience as it doesn't add any points to the application.
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by bellong: 2:43am On Jun 12, 2019
MHBS:
Hi everyone, am new to this forum. please am applying for MSA for Australia visa 189 the assessing authority is TRA, I want to find out if my assessment will be successful without providing website and social media handle of the company I work for. the company doesn't have either of them .
thank you
@bellong please help

I don't think not having a website or social media presence will jeopardise your assessment. However, you should provide enough documents to show the existence of the company and your paid work with them.

Goodluck

1 Like

Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by Mobilipia(f): 5:26am On Jun 12, 2019
Bamz:
Mobilipia
Have you been added to the group yet?
nope cry
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by Bamz(m): 7:55am On Jun 12, 2019
Mobilipia:
nope cry

I'll add you in a bit.
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by omabisco: 3:50pm On Jun 12, 2019
Hello house

Do you think there is hope for someone with 75 or 80 points to get invitation for system analyst skill on 189 visa. Considering the minimum is now 85.

Do you think they might make changes in the new year or one should just opt for another option.

What do you advice?
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by Daddybomboy: 4:13pm On Jun 12, 2019
omabisco:
Hello house

Do you think there is hope for someone with 75 or 80 points to get invitation for system analyst skill on 189 visa. Considering the minimum is now 85.

Do you think they might make changes in the new year or one should just opt for another option.

What do you advice?

What's your IELTS score? If you're in Proficient English, you can try writing the IELTS again and aim for Superior English (minimum 8 in all 4 components). You get an extra 10 point for this

Are you married? If you are, you can get your spouse to write the IELTS and gain an extra 5 point (what your spouse need is minimum of 6 in each of the 4 components and you get an extra 5 points)

All the best
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by Daddybomboy: 4:14pm On Jun 12, 2019
Thanks a lot
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by Daddybomboy: 4:15pm On Jun 12, 2019
bellong:

Go through the guidelines on VETASSES website for construction project manager. If your job aligns with the anzsco description, you should scale through.

Thanks Bellong. I've decided to use only the BSc and claim 8 - 9 years experience.

Cheers
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by Buynowautos: 5:24pm On Jun 12, 2019
God bless you all for all the free informations and advice.

This is my current status. Please i need advise accordingly.

Please i need your advice on my current status

Age 30 will be 31 in September
3years sales experience with a blue chip FMCG
2years sales experience with a small company
BSc holder microbiology
IELTS 6.5 writing 6.5 reading 7.0 listening 7.0 speaking 7.0 total band score

Married with a kid.

What are my chances any advice for me?
Glad to get some thanks House.
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by fatima04: 5:50pm On Jun 12, 2019
Daddybomboy:

Thanks Bellong. I've decided to use only the BSc and claim 8 - 9 years experience.

Cheers

Just to add, I think Vetassess is also keen on your job title for CPM so even if your job description matches that of Anszco, try and ensure your title also states CPM (this should be shown on the organisation chart)

I know someone whose number of years was reduced because this wasn't shown by some of his employers
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by omabisco: 7:12pm On Jun 12, 2019
I am not married so I can't get points for spouse.

Wrote PTE, superior English.

My Breakdown:

English: PTE superior
ACS assessment: positive result
Education: MSc
Experience: 7+yrs

What do you think will be my best bet??

I just want to leave this Country!!!

Daddybomboy:

What's your IELTS score? If you're in Proficient English, you can try writing the IELTS again and aim for Superior English (minimum 8 in all 4 components). You get an extra 10 point for this

Are you married? If you are, you can get your spouse to write the IELTS and gain an extra 5 point (what your spouse need is minimum of 6 in each of the 4 components and you get an extra 5 points)

All the best
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by Daddybomboy: 8:54pm On Jun 12, 2019
omabisco:
I am not married so I can't get points for spouse.

Wrote PTE, superior English.

My Breakdown:

English: PTE superior
ACS assessment: positive result
Education: MSc
Experience: 7+yrs

What do you think will be my best bet??

I just want to leave this Country!!!

Why not try 190 or 489, and pray you get a nomination?

Using your breakdown above and if you get a nomination, you can easily score 80 points for 190 and 85 points for 489. You can check here: https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/help-support/tools/points-calculator

And I don't think you pay to complete the EOI/Skill select profile.

Give 190 or 489 a shot and all the best.
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by omabisco: 9:50pm On Jun 12, 2019
Thank you!

is it possible to send more than 1 EOI for the different visa option? I am thinking will just send in for all and pray that something comes out.

Daddybomboy:

Why not try 190 or 489, and pray you get a nomination?

Using your breakdown above and if you get a nomination, you can easily score 80 points for 190 and 85 points for 489. You can check here: https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/help-support/tools/points-calculator

And I don't think you pay to complete the EOI/Skill select profile.

Give 190 or 489 a shot and all the best.
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by Daddybomboy: 11:08pm On Jun 12, 2019
omabisco:
Thank you!

is it possible to send more than 1 EOI for the different visa option? I am thinking will just send in for all and pray that something comes out.

I think you only need one EOI and when completing the EOI on Skill select, you'll get to a section where you get to tick the Visa options you want to be considered for.

Bellong please explain more

1 Like

Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by bellong: 6:56am On Jun 13, 2019
@buynowautos:

What is your wife's occupation and experience?
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by bellong: 6:58am On Jun 13, 2019
omabisco:
Thank you!

Some states specifically demand to tick only their state in the EOI for state nomination. Go through each state requirements then open different EOI for state that request to tick only them.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (162) (163) (164) (165) (166) (167) (168) ... (400) (Reply)

Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.