Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,031 members, 7,814,514 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 02:17 PM

DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 - Travel (224) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 (806543 Views)

USA Visit Visa Part 4 / USA Visit Visa Part 4 / USA Visit Visa Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (221) (222) (223) (224) (225) (226) (227) ... (388) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by yungmin: 3:11pm On Jan 25, 2020
fatima04:

My advise is to submit to EA without delaying much because assessment may end up taking between 3weeks to 3months.

Since you have 6years of verifiable employment that's 10points. You need additional 2years to hit the 15points cap which your current work place doesnt have yet. You can always add employment verification at a later date and this wont usually take long.

You still need to demonstrate you have been working in that role on your CV with your current employment and support it with either bank statement or payslip or employment letter if you have any for now.

Thanks for responding. I would submit asap
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by jamson: 3:39pm On Jan 25, 2020
yungmin:

I'm a civil Engr. Working in Abuja currently. I have worked with two other employers previously. My first was between 2012 - 2014. I have payslips, pension, tax, & testimonial letter from them. My next job was between 2014-2018. I also have payslips, tax, pension and reference letter. However, my headache is from my current job. I don't have my tax clearance yet. I have gone to the FCT-IRS with all my payslips and all, but they are requesting I bring a tax ticket from my office to confirm they have been remitting my tax. This is now taking a long process as I have been on it for more than two weeks. If I can boycott it, pls advise. I need to submit to EA asap. Thanks for your response

Ok great. From the looks of things, you are looking to get maximum points possible for work experience. Right? Well, that does not necessarily have to happen with EA. Submit all the documents you have in addition to your CDR and English test result. Not compulsory, but I’ll suggest your career episodes come from the work period you have the full documents for and/or your undergraduate project work (at least that can be fully verified too). That should take care of things.

Also, if you cannot lay your hand on your tax clearance, another independent document like bank statement showing income from the job in question, RSA statement from your pension service provider, etc would do.

Finally, (feel free to ignore this one wink ) EA can look at your qualifications only and give you your desired positive outcome. I know a few people who assessed as graduates and they scaled through. This was 3+ years ago so, please double check if this is still applicable today.

1 Like

Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by yungmin: 9:16pm On Jan 25, 2020
jamson:

Ok great. From the looks of things, you are looking to get maximum points possible for work experience. Right? Well, that does not necessarily have to happen with EA. Submit all the documents you have in addition to your CDR and English test result. Not compulsory, but I’ll suggest your career episodes come from the work period you have the full documents for and/or your undergraduate project work (at least that can be fully verified too). That should take care of things.

Also, if you cannot lay your hand on your tax clearance, another independent document like bank statement showing income from the job in question, RSA statement from your pension service provider, etc would do.

Finally, (feel free to ignore this one wink ) EA can look at your qualifications only and give you your desired positive outcome. I know a few people who assessed as graduates and they scaled through. This was 3+ years ago so, please double check if this is still applicable today.

Thanks alot
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by Damatik: 11:11pm On Jan 25, 2020
tunlex01:

Is the 3 years experience after your Masters degree?
Are you saying your role is broken into 3 parts?

For any managerial role with Vetassess, you must present organisational chart which will show people you report 5o and people reporting to you.

Thanks for your response.
Yes the 3years experience is after my Master
My Job title is actually health,safety and Environmental Supervisor and I was supervising about five subordinate. I have gotten my manager to draw the statement of service as well as the organisation chart.

My Role involve both environmental duties as well as Health and Safety duties as done in many Organisation. However, I am gunning for the environment aspect of my Job because that is what is required for my nominated Occupation Environment Manager.

I hope VETASSESS will not raise any eyebrow to the additional roles I have?
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by tunlex01(m): 1:49am On Jan 26, 2020
yungmin:

Oga tunlex01, no! I work in Abuja and taxes are remitted in Abuja. Please, can you advise how to go about the statutory declaration? Thanks alot

LOL.. I didn't say taxes are not paid in Abuja. I wanted to give you another way to request for your tax statement from LIRS without consulting your company as long as you have a tax ID and your taxes were remitted.

Visit any court with all the info normally contained in a reference letter. This info will be used to draft a statutory declaration for you and get a notary public to notarise.
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by tunlex01(m): 1:50am On Jan 26, 2020
yungmin:

I'm a civil Engr. Working in Abuja currently. I have worked with two other employers previously. My first was between 2012 - 2014. I have payslips, pension, tax, & testimonial letter from them. My next job was between 2014-2018. I also have payslips, tax, pension and reference letter. However, my headache is from my current job. I don't have my tax clearance yet. I have gone to the FCT-IRS with all my payslips and all, but they are requesting I bring a tax ticket from my office to confirm they have been remitting my tax. This is now taking a long process as I have been on it for more than two weeks. If I can boycott it, pls advise. I need to submit to EA asap. Thanks for your response
You only need either pension or tax not both.
If you have both, great. If you have either, great too
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by tunlex01(m): 1:54am On Jan 26, 2020
jamson:

The last part is not applicable anymore. DHA in recent times will advise the applicant to go back to EA for employment assessment if you submit without EA employment outcome.
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by tunlex01(m): 1:59am On Jan 26, 2020
Damatik:

Thanks for your response.
Yes the 3years experience is after my Master
My Job title is actually health,safety and Environmental Supervisor and I was supervising about five subordinate. I have gotten my manager to draw the statement of service as well as the organisation chart.

My Role involve both environmental duties as well as Health and Safety duties as done in many Organisation. However, I am gunning for the environment aspect of my Job because that is what is required for my nominated Occupation Environment Manager.

I hope VETASSESS will not raise any eyebrow to the additional roles I have?

No one is a Vetassess assessor here.. Lol.
We can only advice based on other people's outcome. I'll confirm if I have anyone assessed as an EVM before.

In the mean time, please check Australia jobs sites and see the job description of the occupation you are nominating. That should guide what you put as your job description along with the tasks on ANZSCO website and tasks listed on Vetassess website. Don't just put what you do cos what you think you do may not be what Vetassess wants.

Adding one or two health roles may not be bad since you combine the roles.

Your masters will also help your case. Good luck
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by jamson: 4:10am On Jan 26, 2020
tunlex01:

The last part is not applicable anymore. DHA in recent times will advise the applicant to go back to EA for employment assessment if you submit without EA employment outcome.

Righty-o...thought that could be the case. Thanks smiley
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by Mariesio: 5:57am On Jan 26, 2020
tunlex01:

MBA is inconsequential cos its not related.
Bsc Economics ❌
ACA - that may work. Which year did you become chartered?

Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by capsie18: 7:32am On Jan 26, 2020
Hello Good people,

English test result per band: LRSW 82,80,90,90
Educational qualifications with dates awarded: bsc 2012 (nig) Msc 2016 (UK)
Course of study: Mechanical Engineering
Job title(s): Mechanical Engineering
Years of experience: 4 years Nig and 1 year plus (AU) EA assessment
Relationship: Single and currently in Australia

What is the best route in my case please

Thanks
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by Cuetosh: 9:36am On Jan 26, 2020
Hello Great people.
Please I urgently need a clarification on this:
My company issues Employment Confirmation/Letter only once meaning you cannot obtain letters addressed to different regional immigration offices for the purpose of applying for 491 or 190 sub visa or even 189.

What do I do please because I intend to apply to various regional nominations?

Should I tell them to leave out addressee’s address to make the letter more generic?

Can they write “To Whom It May Concern”?
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by yungmin: 1:16pm On Jan 26, 2020
tunlex01:

LOL.. I didn't say taxes are not paid in Abuja. I wanted to give you another way to request for your tax statement from LIRS without consulting your company as long as you have a tax ID and your taxes were remitted.

Visit any court with all the info normally contained in a reference letter. This info will be used to draft a statutory declaration for you and get a notary public to notarise.

Thanks once again. I'd submit with my pension ,payslips and employment letter
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by itwillendinprai: 1:29pm On Jan 26, 2020
[quote author=itwillendinprai post=85556953][/quote]

Good day everyone, please can someone guide me on how I can go about getting/paying for my tax certificate in Lagos, I'd like to pay tax for the number of years I've worked with my organisation, how does it work please?

I'm in the process of gathering my documents for VETASSES assessment, somebody please help me. Thank you
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by oge18: 8:20pm On Jan 26, 2020
Hi guys,
I dont seem to understand the way this Australian immigration works even after reading page1. Someone please guide me through

BSC banking/finance
Age 30 by feb 18
Married with 2 kids
Ielts LRWS: 8.5/7/7/7.5
ECA: WES
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by Experience4u(m): 9:37pm On Jan 26, 2020
Total points for 491 should be around 90 hence you should check which state is nominating your occupation. You can as well try 190
capsie18:
Hello Good people,

Thanks
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by bligs: 12:27am On Jan 27, 2020
Cuetosh:
Hello Great people.
My company issues Employment Confirmation/Letter only once meaning you cannot obtain letters addressed to different regional immigration offices for the purpose of applying for 491 or 190 sub visa or even 189.

Should I tell them to leave out addressee’s address to make the letter more generic?

Only DHA is responsible for immigration to Australia, 491 and 190 means you apply to a regional area or state and after getting a nomination then you use the nomination to boost your points and apply for visa through DHA website while there is no such opportunity for 189, definitely a generic letter as you can use it for multiple purpose.
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by bellong: 12:45am On Jan 27, 2020
capsie18:
Hello Good people,

Thanks

You don't need your M.Eng qualification for the process.

What are you doing currently in Australia and which state are you?

@Cuetosh,

To whom it may concern is good. The reference letter must contain your job descriptions which should align with the ANZSCO descriptions for your nominated occupation.
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by bellong: 12:49am On Jan 27, 2020
itwillendinprai:

Good day everyone, please can someone guide me on how I can go about getting/paying for my tax certificate in Lagos, I'd like to pay tax for the number of years I've worked with my organisation, how does it work please?

I'm in the process of gathering my documents for VETASSES assessment, somebody please help me. Thank you

Go to Lagos Inland Revenue Service (LIRS) office and you will be told how to make the payment. Alternatively, you can Google their website for information.
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by bellong: 12:50am On Jan 27, 2020
oge18:
Hi guys,
I dont seem to understand the way this Australian immigration works even after reading page1. Someone please guide me through

BSC banking/finance
Age 30 by feb 18
Married with 2 kids

There is no banker occupation on the list. What is your spouse's occupation.

WES is for Canada not Australia. It is useless for the purpose of migration to Australia.
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by tunlex01(m): 9:39am On Jan 27, 2020
Mariesio:

you should contact any of the 3 assessing bodies for accountant/finance manager and table your BSc and ACA.
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by tunlex01(m): 9:39am On Jan 27, 2020
capsie18:
Hello Good people,

Thanks

Does this bolded part mean you have a positive assessment from EA as a Mechanical engineer?
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by tunlex01(m): 9:42am On Jan 27, 2020
Cuetosh:
Hello Great people.

Have you completed assessment?
If yes, just use the same reference letter issued during your assessment for all the states and DHA application.
if no, request for one addressed to your assessing body or DHA.

To Whom it may concern can also be used.
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by tunlex01(m): 9:43am On Jan 27, 2020
itwillendinprai:

Visit LIRS office or consult with your company finance team. You will get all the required info there.
For Vetassess, you don't need tax statement to assess as long as you have other documents to prove your employment. You will mainly need it for visa application.

1 Like

Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by tunlex01(m): 9:47am On Jan 27, 2020
oge18:
Hi guys,

BSC banking/finance
Age 30 by feb 18
Married with 2 kids

You may probably need to give details. Banker is a general word for an industry and not available on the occupation list. You need to be more specific about your role.

Educational qualifications with dates awarded
Awarding University(ies)
Course of study
Job title(s)
Years of experience
If you are married, provide your spouse's details in the same order as above
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by olystic: 11:34am On Jan 27, 2020
Hello, I will like to ask a question A bank wants to write Queensland about my investments with a company but they want it official and not to be given by hand.

Where would they address it to?
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by Mariesio: 1:47pm On Jan 27, 2020
tunlex01:

you should contact any of the 3 assessing bodies for accountant/finance manager and table your BSc and ACA.

Thanks

Who can help me with the names of the assessing bodies biko?
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by olystic: 3:07pm On Jan 27, 2020
olystic:
Hello, I will like to ask a question A bank wants to write Queensland about my investments with a company but they want it official and not to be given by hand.

Please anyone with idea about thiis the someone needs this information urgently
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by tunlex01(m): 9:13pm On Jan 27, 2020
olystic:

This was the address I found on BSMQ website. It's BSMQ physical address.

Level 10, 1 William Street, Brisbane, 4000

Google search also helps to answer your queries faster.
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by tunlex01(m): 9:14pm On Jan 27, 2020
Mariesio:

Thanks

Who can help me with the names of the assessing bodies biko?
CPA, CAANZ and IPA

You can use Google search for their respective websites and migration requirements.

1 Like

Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by Mariesio: 12:28am On Jan 28, 2020
tunlex01:

CPA, CAANZ and IPA

You can use Google search for their respective websites and migration requirements.

Thanks

(1) (2) (3) ... (221) (222) (223) (224) (225) (226) (227) ... (388) (Reply)

Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? / U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.