Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,778 members, 7,810,027 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:56 PM

DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 - Travel (225) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 (805129 Views)

USA Visit Visa Part 4 / USA Visit Visa Part 4 / USA Visit Visa Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (222) (223) (224) (225) (226) (227) (228) ... (388) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by Damatik: 1:33am On Jan 29, 2020
tunlex01:

No one is a Vetassess assessor here.. Lol.
We can only advice based on other people's outcome. I'll confirm if I have anyone assessed as an EVM before.

In the mean time, please check Australia jobs sites and see the job description of the occupation you are nominating. That should guide what you put as your job description along with the tasks on ANZSCO website and tasks listed on Vetassess website. Don't just put what you do cos what you think you do may not be what Vetassess wants.

Adding one or two health roles may not be bad since you combine the roles.

Your masters will also help your case. Good luck

@ tumlex01 Can I submit only my MSC degree and transcript for the assessment since that is what is relevant to my nominated occupation Or do I need to submit my BSc too.
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by uchman(m): 5:34am On Jan 29, 2020
farnet:
I can recall you have altercation with someone here a time ago about the genuineness or otherwise of your claims. I am not saying you are fraud but one can't be judged thinking so , not with what we know and see everyday in naija here. It has been you being the tutor, n now its someone else. Same WhatsApp no. U made 90 all through, now 83 in speaking. You even tutor Ielts also just after one month of struggling to pass it. Chinedu with a konk yoruba accent. Let's all be careful people.

He no learn work well,
Chinedu with Konk yoruba accent...
How can you put the 2 together?

2 Likes

Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by Mariesio: 6:04am On Jan 29, 2020
farnet:
I can recall you have altercation with someone here a time ago about the genuineness or otherwise of your claims. I am not saying you are fraud but one can't be judged thinking so , not with what we know and see everyday in naija here. It has been you being the tutor, n now its someone else. Same WhatsApp no. U made 90 all through, now 83 in speaking. You even tutor Ielts also just after one month of struggling to pass it. Chinedu with a konk yoruba accent. Let's all be careful people.

grin cheesy Chai you nailed him
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by capsie18: 11:36am On Jan 29, 2020
I'm on a 476 and in NSW.. thanks
bellong:

You don't need your M.Eng qualification for the process.

What are you doing currently in Australia and which state are you?

@Cuetosh,

To whom it may concern is good. The reference letter must contain your job descriptions which should align with the ANZSCO descriptions for your nominated occupation.
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by capsie18: 11:39am On Jan 29, 2020
Yes I have a positive assessment from EA as a mechanical Engineer with the stated experience
tunlex01:

Does this bolded part mean you have a positive assessment from EA as a Mechanical engineer?
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by capsie18: 11:45am On Jan 29, 2020
I thought 491 requires one to live in the regional location but will look at it.. thank you for the suggestion...
Experience4u:
Total points for 491 should be around 90 hence you should check which state is nominating your occupation. You can as well try 190
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by trendingsleek: 1:59pm On Jan 29, 2020
is it true the minimum ielts score must be 7 for each test? there are some i had 6 and 6.5, but my overall point on aussies point calculator is 65. i want to know if its possible to apply with the score i have for the test. thanks your genuine reply is appreciated.
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by tunlex01(m): 2:08pm On Jan 29, 2020
Damatik:

@ tumlex01 Can I submit only my MSC degree and transcript for the assessment since that is what is relevant to my nominated occupation Or do I need to submit my BSc too.
I'd advise you submit both. It may help your assessor to consider some courses taken during your undergraduate days.
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by tunlex01(m): 2:17pm On Jan 29, 2020
capsie18:
Yes I have a positive assessment from EA as a mechanical Engineer with the stated experience
Since you reside in NSW, create EOI for 190 and 491 for NSW.
For NSW 190, you must have been employed as a Mech Engineer for at least 12 months.
For 491, your office and house location will determine if you qualify. You can check the requirements below
https://www.industry.nsw.gov.au/live-and-work-in-nsw/visas-and-immigration/Skilled-Work-Regional-visa-subclass-491

ACT, NT and QLD states are also nominating the occupation but it may be difficult to get ITA from any of those since you don't reside there.
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by tunlex01(m): 2:22pm On Jan 29, 2020
trendingsleek:
is it true the minimum ielts score must be 7 for each test? there are some i had 6 and 6.5, but my overall point on aussies point calculator is 65. i want to know if its possible to apply with the score i have for the test. thanks your genuine reply is appreciated.

To get 10 points in English test, you need a minimum of 7 in each band of IELTS.

The possibility to apply depends on many other factors. With the recent competitiveness of this process, having a competent English (less than 7) may not be good enough to get the required points except your occupation is a trade occupation like fitter, mechanic, welder etc and you have over 8 years experience with solid partner points.
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by trendingsleek: 2:34pm On Jan 29, 2020
tunlex01:

To get 10 points in English test, you need a minimum of 7 in each band of IELTS.

The possibility to apply depends on many other factors. With the recent competitiveness of this process, having a competent English (less than 7) may not be good enough to get the required points except your occupation is a trade occupation like fitter, mechanic, welder etc and you have over 8 years experience with solid partner points.

thanks should have applied last year when the minimum band was 5.5. i wonder what i was thinking. please do you have any link to a whatsapp group?
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by tunlex01(m): 3:33pm On Jan 29, 2020
trendingsleek:

thanks should have applied last year when the minimum band was 5.5. i wonder what i was thinking. please do you have any link to a whatsapp group?

lol...time waits for no one in this immigration thingy. Band 5.5 last year....that can't be true.

It has always been
IELTS less than 7 in each band - 0 point
7-7.5 in each band - 10 points
8 and above in each band - 20 points.
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by trendingsleek: 3:58pm On Jan 29, 2020
tunlex01:

lol...time waits for no one in this immigration thingy. Band 5.5 last year....that can't be true.

It has always been
IELTS less than 7 in each band - 0 point
7-7.5 in each band - 10 points
8 and above in each band - 20 points.

thanks for the response
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by iamMoshood(m): 3:17pm On Jan 30, 2020
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by Goodies1: 10:17pm On Jan 30, 2020
Hello @tunlex and Bellong
Thumbs up for the great job here.
Please I need some advice...
I want to apply using HR profession. My Bsc is in an unrelated field, but I have a diploma from CIPM and then an MBA.
Does d CIPM count for anything? Cos I have upto 3 years experience after that and just 1 year + HR experience after my MBA.
Please what are my chances /options?
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by tunlex01(m): 2:09am On Jan 31, 2020
iamMoshood:

Thanks a lot tunlex01
This response is really helpful.
My colleagues that were sacked were fired just because they wanted to leave the job and travel abroad. Nothing else.

I will have to use my current company since there's no other option, however I'll supply my supervisor's contact and hope they'll contact him directly.

2. I still have my employment letter. Please I'll like to get a sample of a reference letter; I don't even know who it is addressed to. How do I get a payslip? So I should go and pay tax for the entire 9 years I've been working? That would be outrageous.

Good. Just ensure you read your assessing body's requirements carefully. The addressee is determined by the assessing body
For sample of reference letter, see the next post.

Which occupation are you nominating?

It's up to you to pay tax or lose the years (depends on the assessing body) or a physical verification will be conducted. If you have pension statement, then that could work in stead of the tax statement.
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by tunlex01(m): 2:22am On Jan 31, 2020
REFERENCE LETTER SAMPLE

Date
Recipient's address

Dear Sir,

REFERENCE LETTER - Name of staff

We write to confirm that the above mentioned person is a staff of this organisation and has requested for this reference letter.
Mr. XXXX Bleep joined XXXXX on August 20, 1995 as a XXXXXX. He is currently working as a XXXXX in the XXXXX Department of the organisation. His required working hours per week is 40 hours (8am to 5pm daily).

Details of his responsibilities and duties are:
Finance Manager
August 15, 2005 - till date
list the job responsibilities in bullet points

Finance Officer
August 1995 - July 2005
list the job responsibilities in bullet points

His annual gross earning is N20,595,000.00 (write it in words).

We hope the above meets your requirement and will appreciate you accord him the necessary assistance.

For further enquiries or clarification, please contact either of the undersigned.

Thank you for your co-operation.

Yours faithfully,
For: Company Name (Ajala PLC)

Signature
Name of HR officer/company designated person
Designation
Phone number
Email address

NOTES:
1. If it's on a plain paper and not a letter-head, then the referee address should come first before the date.
2. The subject could also be "Letter of Introduction" instead of "Reference letter" - whichever works
3. It's not necessary it's signed by one person, it can be signed by two people or the designated person based on the company's policy.
4. If your supervisor is writing on your behalf, the introduction may change a bit to:
I write as the supervisor/manager of the above mentioned person and confirm that he is a staff of Ajala PLC and has requested for this reference letter.

It's just a sample, you can add or remove from it.

10 Likes 9 Shares

Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by tunlex01(m): 2:28am On Jan 31, 2020
Goodies1:
Hello @tunlex and Bellong
Thumbs up for the great job here.
Please I need some advice...
I want to apply using HR profession. My Bsc is in an unrelated field, but I have a diploma from CIPM and then an MBA.
Does d CIPM count for anything? Cos I have upto 3 years experience after that and just 1 year + HR experience after my MBA.
Please what are my chances /options?

To better help decipher your case, use this format below.

Educational qualifications with dates awarded
Awarding University(ies)
Course of study
Professional qualification with dates
Job title(s) and years/period on each role
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by Bodacious1: 6:22am On Jan 31, 2020
Hello people,

I received the results of my ACS assessment this morning.

My first employment was assessed as suitable for all the years I worked there; however my second (and current) employment was deemed not assessable (reason - "due to insufficient documentation"). I have worked at my current job for almost seven years so I find this quite worrisome.

More so, I submitted the same kind of documentation (payslips, pension statements and bank account statements) for both employments. The only difference is I submitted a reference letter (written by HR on company letter head etc) for my first job, while I had to submit an affidavit for my current job because my employer explicitly informed me that they do not issue skills attestation letters.

What do you advise I do? Request a review or appeal from the ACS?

Also, please how many points does this educational qualification amount to: AQF Bachelor Degree with a Major in computing

In the meantime, I plan to first contact them via email regarding this result.

Thank you.
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by haryourdayG(m): 7:13am On Jan 31, 2020
Experience4u:
Total points for 491 should be around 90 hence you should check which state is nominating your occupation. You can as well try 190

Please help check my profile.

Work experience = 5 years
Education - Masters gotten 2019, B.Eng 2014
IELTS - LRSW = 7.5, 8.0, 7.0, 6.5
Age = 28
Civil Engineer
Married

cc @tunlex01
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by Experience4u(m): 7:49am On Jan 31, 2020
Work experience 10.points
Education 15 points
English 0 point
Age 30 point
State point 15
Total 70 points.
Your point is low hence you should retake English to get 20 points IELTS 8888 or PTE79797979
I believe your 5 years experience was in civil engineering?
haryourdayG:

Please help check my profile.

Work experience = 5 years
Education - Masters gotten 2019, B.Eng 2014
IELTS - LRSW = 7.5, 8.0, 7.0, 6.5
Age = 28
Civil Engineer
Married

cc @tunlex01
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by haryourdayG(m): 9:00am On Jan 31, 2020
Many thanks for your prompt response. The 5 years is within Civil Engineering. How many points do I need of I'm going for state nomination and which state will you advise for a Civil Engineer. Thank you again for your submission

Experience4u:

Work experience 10.points
Education 15 points
English 0 point
Age 30 point
State point 15
Total 70 points.
Your point is low hence you should retake English to get 20 points IELTS 8888 or PTE79797979
I believe your 5 years experience was in civil engineering?
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by bligs: 9:09am On Jan 31, 2020
haryourdayG:
Many thanks for your prompt response. The 5 years is within Civil Engineering. How many points do I need of I'm going for state nomination and which state will you advise for a Civil Engineer. Thank you again for your submission

Assess with EA and if your years of experience isn't cut, give Victoria 190 a trial otherwise try Northern Territory or Tasmania.
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by haryourdayG(m): 9:14am On Jan 31, 2020
Many thanks boss for the prompt response. I really appreciate

bligs:

Assess with EA and if your years of experience isn't cut, give Victoria 190 a trial otherwise try Northern Territory or Tasmania.
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by Bodacious1: 9:46am On Jan 31, 2020
@bellong @tunlex01

Bodacious1:
Hello people,

My first employment was assessed as suitable for all the years I worked there; however my second (and current) employment was deemed not assessable (reason - "due to insufficient documentation"). I have worked at my current job for almost seven years so I find this quite worrisome.

More so, I submitted the same kind of documentation (payslips, pension statements and bank account statements) for both employments. The only difference is I submitted a reference letter (written by HR on company letter head etc) for my first job, while I had to submit an affidavit for my current job because my employer explicitly informed me that they do not issue skills attestation letters.

Also, please how many points does this educational qualification amount to: AQF Bachelor Degree with a Major in computing

Thank you.
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by tunlex01(m): 10:08am On Jan 31, 2020
Bodacious1:
Hello people,

Thank you.

Did you submit/attach an email confirmation from your office stating it does not issue such letter?

AQF Bachelor degree is 15 points.
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by Bodacious1: 10:20am On Jan 31, 2020
Thanks for replying.

No I did not but I have a copy of the email trail. How do you advise I rectify this please?

tunlex01:

Did you submit/attach an email confirmation from your office stating it does not issue such letter?

AQF Bachelor degree is 15 points.
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by tunlex01(m): 11:18am On Jan 31, 2020
Bodacious1:
Thanks for replying.

No I did not but I have a copy of the email trail. How do you advise I rectify this please?

Jeez..this should have been submitted to give credence to why you used a stat declaration.

The information on ACS website is not clear to me if it's a review or an appeal.

It's best you send an email to ACS explaining the issue and asking which of the options to go for.

Whether it is appeal or review, you should submit every proofs, all scanned in PDF format and attach the printed email and the statutory declaration.
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by Bodacious1: 12:15pm On Jan 31, 2020
I should have indeed.

Thank you for your help, I will update as events unfold.

tunlex01:

Jeez..this should have been submitted to give credence to why you used a stat declaration.

The information on ACS website is not clear to me if it's a review or an appeal.

It's best you send an email to ACS explaining the issue and asking which of the options to go for.

Whether it is appeal or review, you should submit every proofs, all scanned in PDF format and attach the printed email and the statutory declaration.
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by Experience4u(m): 4:57pm On Jan 31, 2020
Check anzscosearch.com

haryourdayG:

Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by HolyTitus(m): 5:36pm On Jan 31, 2020
Hi, 26 years, Fresh HND Civil Engineering grad. about going for service. 1. What type of Aussie visa would you recommend for him - he's planning to relocate to hustle? 2. Total cost of processing? 3. Steps involved in processing? Thanks.

(1) (2) (3) ... (222) (223) (224) (225) (226) (227) (228) ... (388) (Reply)

Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? / U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening / QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.