Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,344 members, 7,819,218 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:54 PM

DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 - Travel (289) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 (808941 Views)

USA Visit Visa Part 4 / USA Visit Visa Part 4 / USA Visit Visa Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (286) (287) (288) (289) (290) (291) (292) ... (388) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by tunlex01(m): 11:21pm On May 03, 2021
chygurl24:
my husband has been working for about 12 years now, we both took ielts and did well he 7.5 me 7, we are currently waiting for our skill assessment from IML assessing as a sales and marketing manager, for visa 491 provincial state nomination, do we stand a change of getting a state nomination in this era of covid with this skill?
What’s the breakdown of the result? Remember Australia does not work with overall. It uses the least score to calculate English points.
Also, no one can tell you if you stand a chance or not. Do let us know when you have a positive assessment from IML
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by bemagnify: 2:59am On May 04, 2021
bellong:

1. Yes, Barristers and Solicitors are in demand everywhere including Australia. Until you complete an assessment and English test, you can't award yourself points.

2. Depending on how easy you are able to provide documentations required. However, you cannot get a positive assessment straight. You need to be called to the bar in Australia prior to having a positive assessment.
The law profession is not like science that is universal. You will likely be subject to take some Australian law courses before a positive assessment. This may take you 2 years to complete.

3. What do you want to know?

What makes you feel it will take me 2years to complete it? The Nigerian legal system is similar to that of the Australia legal system .... We offer similar courses including our practical legal training courses.

The only thing I need is to take IEIT test to meet the requirements...(although you may be correct but I strongly think for immigration purposes my qualifications only need to be assess).

Please I need clarification on this...
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by bemagnify: 3:04am On May 04, 2021
Visa class 189, 190, and 491 which one is the best and easiest for migration...?

My profession (barrister and solicitor is needed in all the above mentioned visa classes)
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by bellong: 4:54am On May 04, 2021
bemagnify:

What makes you feel it will take me 2years to complete it? The Nigerian legal system is similar to that of the Australia legal system .... We offer similar courses including our practical legal training courses.

The only thing I need is to take IEIT test to meet the requirements...(although you may be correct but I strongly think for immigration purposes my qualifications only need to be assess).

Please I need clarification on this...

I did try to explain why in previous post. While we both practice the common law system, there are differences in country specific law. The courses you will be asked to do will take you two academic sessions to complete.

This is not to discourage you but to prepare you for what is ahead.

Goodluck.
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by bemagnify: 5:41am On May 04, 2021
bellong:

I did try to explain why in previous post. While we both practice the common law system, there are differences in country specific law. The courses you will be asked to do will take you two academic sessions to complete.

This is not to discourage you but to prepare you for what is ahead.

Goodluck.

I thought I can only access my qualifications for immigration purposes..Then when I get to Australia I can apply to become an Australian lawyer ... Where the courses I offered in the Nigerian university are insufficient..I will take Australia law courses to complement it,then I am already in Australia!

Please advise.
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by bellong: 8:35am On May 04, 2021
bemagnify:

I thought I can only access my qualifications for immigration purposes..Then when I get to Australia I can apply to become an Australian lawyer ... Where the courses I offered in the Nigerian university are insufficient..I will take Australia law courses to complement it,then I am already in Australia!

Please advise.

Go back and read no 2 of my first response to you. Your answer is there.
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by baresi22: 5:05am On May 05, 2021
bellong:

Go back and read no 2 of my first response to you. Your answer is there.

To add to what has been said, you can only do the courses required if you are in Australia. The easiest pathway is to go Australia and study. While studying, you can then enrol for the law courses together with your masters or diploma course. Alternatively, you can finish a two year degree and then use the other two years of post study to do it. This is because you need an existing visa, so as to enrol. The last time that I checked,they do not grant people visa to complete these legal courses. University of Sydney offers them and other universities.

Goodluck

The task isn't an easy one, but it is worthwhile if you can withstand and finally get Australian law licence.
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by Smile4mee01: 4:49pm On May 08, 2021
Guys I need advice.

I am already in Victoria, Australia on a student VISA. However my study is not on the skilled list, and i am reluctant to change course to health or nursing as i have no passion for it. I am 36, a very Single Male. People tell me to either marry or consider the Skilled list option.

I have Bsc. Mathematics & Statistics, UNILAG 2008 and worked in Banking in Nigeria for 6yrs & 2 yrs before coming here. I worked in branch operations and not related to my Course. Now Mathematics & Stats is on the skilled list, but how do i sort out the work experience to help my course.

I will be happy is anyone can help. Thank you

3 Likes

Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by DelCrux: 11:13am On May 09, 2021
bellong:

Do you have evidence of salary payment as an electrician or is it a personal runs?

Pls chief how do I prove years of experience when the companies don't pay taxes and pension...but I do have pay slip and can prove using bank statement.
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by whatx: 8:08pm On May 09, 2021
Please assist, I am a chartered accountant in Nigeria who fall out from the canada competitive PR system due to age (36), but still have valid documentations such as POF, IELTS, etc.
Now I intend to go the Australian route and will need guides to what is required, especially in verifying my accounting qualification and work experience.
Also which body is in charge of this function for accountants.

Please help my condition.

Thanks
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by Smile4mee01: 10:57pm On May 09, 2021
Smile4mee01:
Guys I need advice.

I am already in Victoria, Australia on a student VISA. However my study is not on the skilled list, and i am reluctant to change course to health or nursing as i have no passion for it. I am 36, a very Single Male. People tell me to either marry or consider the Skilled list option.

I have Bsc. Mathematics & Statistics, UNILAG 2008 and worked in Banking in Nigeria for 6yrs & 2 yrs before coming here. I worked in branch operations and not related to my Course. Now Mathematics & Stats is on the skilled list, but how do i sort out the work experience to help my course.

Please any advice will be appreciated. Thanks
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by stifo2012: 6:30am On May 10, 2021
You may need to consider moving to regional areas after your studies.

Smile4mee01:

Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by Dykodd: 1:01pm On May 10, 2021
Hello guys, please I need your help.

I wirhdrew one of my EOIs on Saturday 8th May 2021 (please blame village people).

Fortunately/Unfortunately, I received a preinvite from SA this morning on the EOI I withdrew on Saturday which no longer exists on Skillselect.

I really don't know what to do.

Any idea what to do about this situation?

Thanks in advance
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by tunlex01(m): 10:02pm On May 10, 2021
Smile4mee01:
Guys I need advice.

This should have been thought through before applying to any course from Nigeria
If your aim is to get PR or work visa after your studies, then your best bet is to only study a course or related one to occupations listed on the Occupation list or marry like they suggested or you plan to come back after your studies. There are no two ways about it.
Vetassess cannot assess you without at least 1 year experience as a Mathematician.

1 Like

Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by tunlex01(m): 10:06pm On May 10, 2021
whatx:
Please assist, I am a chartered accountant in Nigeria who fall out from the canada competitive PR system due to age (36), but still have valid documentations such as POF, IELTS, etc.
Now I intend to go the Australian route and will need guides to what is required, especially in verifying my accounting qualification and work experience.
Also which body is in charge of this function for accountants.

Please help my condition.

Thanks
You will need to read the first few pages of this thread and go through the Anzsco website.
Sincerely, Canada is still your option cos offshore accountants is a long shot in Australia as the country has more than enough Graduates waiting to be nominated for that same occupation.
Not to discourage you, but if you intend to go ahead with it, brace up for the long wait.
There are many people here who have been waiting since 2018 and have not gotten ITA.
My advise, if you have the funds, go for it and see what the new financial year in July has for migrants

1 Like

Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by tunlex01(m): 10:08pm On May 10, 2021
Dykodd:
Hello guys, please I need your help.

I wirhdrew one of my EOIs on Saturday 8th May 2021 (please blame village people).

Fortunately/Unfortunately, I received a preinvite from SA this morning on the EOI I withdrew on Saturday which no longer exists on Skillselect.

I really don't know what to do.

Any idea what to do about this situation?

Thanks in advance
Create a new EOI.
Then on your SA migration profile, send an enquiry to the Migration team, they will update the new one for you
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by Kaybeeeee(m): 5:57pm On May 11, 2021
Hello guys, I'm studying electrical engineering and automation in china, I'm just 24 years, i would graduate in two months,, i have some questions
1. i would like to know if it would be easy to follow this Australia work route without any work experience as a fresh graduate.
2. how easy it would be to get a job for my major, electrical engineering
3. the estimated total costs to run it myself
4. How long would it takes to land a visa
5. Any obstacles i would face in the journey

Please i need answers
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by jayglory: 5:59pm On May 11, 2021
[quote author=bellong post=101363808]

@bellong

Hi, I applied for skills assessment in 2019 and got a negative outcome for 2 reasons. I want to reapply now but my current employment situation has changed plus some other issues that have come up. I'm really confused right now and don't know how to navigate.

Please, I would love to contact you privately either via call or email so I can explain better. Would you be kind enough to provide a means of reaching you or send me a message at btkoro84@yahoo.com.

I look forward to your reply. Thank you
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by Gentleman001: 11:25am On May 12, 2021
Please someone should direct me to the next step after this.. I fall under this occupation... I try visiting my TRA for assessment but there a lot of information on their site.. I don’t know next step... and I am pay for the assessment ?

Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by Nobody: 3:41pm On May 12, 2021
bellong:

You don't need to have tax clearance for the 8 years. You can use pension statement, bank statement and payslip in addition to the tax certificate.

Thanks@ Bellong

So do l print my bank statement covering the whole 8 years?

Please reply.... thanks
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by Kaybeeeee(m): 5:21pm On May 12, 2021
Kaybeeeee:
Hello guys, I'm studying electrical engineering and automation in china, I'm just 24 years, i would graduate in two months,, i have some questions
1. i would like to know if it would be easy to follow this Australia work route without any work experience as a fresh graduate.
2. how easy it would be to get a job for my major, electrical engineering
3. the estimated total costs to run it myself
4. How long would it takes to land a visa
5. Any obstacles i would face in the journey

Please i need answers
Please someone should help me out
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by Schile: 7:59pm On May 12, 2021
Hello All
I need clarification on the following;
Part of TRA pay evidences says 3 payslips and bank statements.

Am I to show 3 payslips from any 3months for each employer?

Also the bank statements didn't specify from what time to what time. Am I to show bank statements for each year of employment or just one bank statement per employer?

Kindly advise
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by Decentdave(m): 9:32am On May 13, 2021
Pls How much did u pay for ur TRA assessment
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by Mercygreatwoman(f): 10:32am On May 13, 2021
Smile4mee01:

Hello I need advice on student visa in Australia too. Pls reach out to me
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by JourneytoEL(f): 11:10am On May 13, 2021
yungmin:

I got a failure delivery forwarding to you
alright..thanks, let me continue working on getting back my old email then.
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by Pharmmaqp: 5:33pm On May 13, 2021
Good evening everyone.

I'm a Pharmacist with 2 years experience.
I come from a poor background and my family burden is much. So I feel leaving the country would help me much.

I have zero experience in migration. And the more I go through the thread the more confused I become!.

I need a guide as regards migrating to Australia from Nigeria!.

What are my chances of getting a job

What would it cost me to process all relevant documentation?.

Do I need to know someone there before migrating?

I plan on undertaking a master in business administration course when I migrate because the cost of tuition is quite high.

So I feel working there for a number of years might enable me afford the fees.

I seriously need a guide .. hopefully before March next year I should be leaving
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by Decentdave(m): 10:04pm On May 14, 2021
Schile:
Hello All
I need clarification on the following;
Part of TRA pay evidences says 3 payslips and bank statements.

Am I to show 3 payslips from any 3months for each employer?

Also the bank statements didn't specify from what time to what time. Am I to show bank statements for each year of employment or just one bank statement per employer?Bros pls reply me na.How much did u pay for ur TRA assessment

Kindly advise
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by yungmin: 12:01am On May 17, 2021
Greetings to the house. Just a little update on my journey so far:

I just submitted EOI for 189, 190 & 491 subclasses.

190 - 70pts
491 - 80pts.

Nominated occupation - Civil Engineer.

Though I currently have no points for English because I scored 6.5 in speaking which I intend to write again.

I hope I have a chance....

Peace!
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by Andyoa(m): 1:14am On May 17, 2021
Please house, I am a 32 year old practicing medicine in Nigeria, and willing to migrate to Australia. How do I start the process, and will appreciate a guide from any medical practitioner who has completed or started the process. Thanks.
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by bligs: 6:21am On May 17, 2021
yungmin:
Greetings to the house. Just a little update on my journey so far:

I just submitted EOI for 189, 190 & 491 subclasses.

190 - 70pts
491 - 80pts.

Nominated occupation - Civil Engineer.

Though I currently have no points for English because I scored 6.5 in speaking which I intend to write again.

I hope I have a chance....

Peace!
Did you received nomination from any state for 190 or 491? and also your point is too low for 189 Civil Engineering.
PS: No 190/491 without state or regional nomination.
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by yungmin: 8:55am On May 17, 2021
bligs:

Did you received nomination from any state for 190 or 491? and also your point is too low for 189 Civil Engineering.
PS: No 190/491 without state or regional nomination.

Don't I have to complete the EOI before nomination? Or how else do they nominate?

1 Like

Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by bligs: 9:21am On May 17, 2021
yungmin:

Don't I have to complete the EOI before nomination? Or how else do they nominate?
You express registration of interest to state/regional area, get a nomination then use your nomination to apply for 190/491. Sadly all states except Tasmania nomination for offshore applicants are on hold till further notice.
PS: Conditions for nomination varies according to states.

(1) (2) (3) ... (286) (287) (288) (289) (290) (291) (292) ... (388) (Reply)

Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? / U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6

Viewing this topic: makimberlly01(f)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.