Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,457 members, 7,816,068 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:08 AM

DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 - Travel (32) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 (807032 Views)

USA Visit Visa Part 4 / USA Visit Visa Part 4 / USA Visit Visa Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) ... (388) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by blackbriar: 3:48am On Jun 27, 2018
FOr CDR and skill assessment, can I do an assessment on trainee internship?
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by verocharles(m): 10:43am On Jun 27, 2018
sammywemmy:
to whom it may concern is fine

Thanks, I appreciate.
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by Akachukwu123: 7:13pm On Jun 27, 2018
Good day house,
Pls I need to be guided on how to write a LETTER OF INTEREST for 489 visa.
I read to apply for 489, you need to submit some documents with the letter in question.
I will be very glad to receive a sample from someone that has passed this stage.
I wan try 489 abeg.

Cheers
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by teewhysafe(f): 1:05am On Jun 28, 2018
Please anyone coming to Melbourne anytime soon?
Forgot my drivers licence and need help bringing it over from Lagos. DM me pls. Will contact u immediately. Thanks
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by hollie2605: 4:02am On Jun 28, 2018
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by jayooh: 8:14am On Jun 28, 2018

1 Like

Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by Akachukwu123: 10:38am On Jun 28, 2018
Sorry to ask this please:
1)Does anyone here know someone who has assessed as a plumber?
2) does anyone know how I can get a technical certificate(as a plumber/pipe fitter)?.
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by Ogenedo: 8:23pm On Jun 28, 2018
[quote author=jayooh post=68708510]

Congrats man, I plan to apply for NT's nomination.

Can i sen you a PM?
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by Ogenedo: 8:54pm On Jun 28, 2018
Baba Alphadoor & other Wikipedias in the house, please help.

Hello House,

I urgently need your advice, I studied Estate Management and works in Facilities Management field for about 5years now.

I wish to apply for assessment with VETASSESS nominating Facilities Management under Subclass 489.

Kindly advise on my chance of getting positive assessment, and how many points can the assessment fetch me?

Please urgently help please.

God bless you all.
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by OBYNOWEST12(m): 9:54pm On Jun 28, 2018
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by DoDirtsLikeWorm(m): 11:22pm On Jun 28, 2018
OBYNOWEST12:

Is this new point always modify every year?

They are bent on cutting down the numbers they are letting in, it all started immediately after their last July 1update (August to be precise) 2017, they started with complaints of System updates, Multiple EOI, takeling 300Max etc...

But verily verily i said unto you; this July 1 is the one that they wants to set everything straight. Believe.

What you see this year, is what you get.

2 Likes

Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by Aub430: 12:51am On Jun 29, 2018
No it's Riverina, it's all sorted now thanks. But yes you are right FSC is notorious, they got no time to be messing around.

Btw guys it is possible to certify electronic copies of your documents. All you need to do is show the original in your email or website to the person certifying your document.

If regional approves to provide nomination, I wonder how long it takes to get an ITA

Beemer:

Are you applying 489 to FSC? They ask for certified everything and they're notorious; if it's not certified, they'll reject your application after 3 months with no refund. Please find a way around it if you can.
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by jayooh: 6:52am On Jun 29, 2018
[quote author=Ogenedo post=68913013][/quote]

You might wanna raise your inquiries here, I don't know jack about NT nominations. Only I know it take up to 6months to get results
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by ropodinho3633(m): 7:46am On Jun 29, 2018
[color=#000099][/color]
teewhysafe:
Please anyone coming to Melbourne anytime soon?
Forgot my drivers licence and need help bringing it over from Lagos. DM me pls. Will contact u immediately. Thanks

I'm coming to Melbourne in next 3weeks, hope is not too far
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by Nobody: 8:19am On Jun 29, 2018
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by bellong: 8:31am On Jun 29, 2018
@Ytechconst,

Your gut has told you the best thing to do, follow it. Some immigration consultants are not as good to deserve being consultants.

Your HND will not be seen as overqualified. What you need to do is to strictly follow TRA's guidelines for assessment and you will be good to go.
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by align360: 9:45am On Jun 29, 2018
ropodinho3633:
[color=#000099][/color]

I'm coming to Melbourne in next 3weeks, hope is not too far

Where exactly are you oga?

Lagos or China? grin grin grin
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by Alphadoor: 10:39am On Jun 29, 2018
Pool/Pass Mark rises for 489/189/190 visas to 65 points minimum

Pool/Pass Mark rises from 60 to now 65 points for all 489, 189 and 190 visas lodged in response to an invitation given after 1st July 2018.

In effect that means any EOIs at 60 points that have not received an invite by the 1st July will be of no use and will not get an invite.

So what does this mean?

Breakdown

*For 189*: your raw score must be 65 to be eligible. please note that this is just a baseline for you to submit your application, as we can see from the current FY that 75 is what gets you 189 invite.

For 190: your raw score must be 60 (previously 55), so when the state approval the additional 5points, your ITA will drop. Although skillselect adds the 5 for you before approval which will make your EOI stand at 65, which is the new eligible point.

*For 489*: your raw score must now be 55 (previously 50), so when the state approval the additional 10points, your ITA will drop. Although skillselect adds the 10 for you before approval which will make your EOI stand at 65, which is the new eligible point.

The Good
Backlog of EOI's awaiting ITA for 189 will be drastically reduced too as the lion share of the pool is held by 60 pointers. the new rules automatically makes them ineligible for 189, meaning more space for 189 and lesser people in the pool. Although this probably wont last long as people are already being forced to boost their point.

The Bad
Alot of non-prorata will be affected mostly.
Alot of people are now automatically out of the race sad
This is a move to migrate more people to regional area (it's good for Australia as a whole though)

The Ugly
This change is an indicator that Australia PR is only going to keep getting tougher.

source: (copied)

2 Likes

Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by Alphadoor: 10:47am On Jun 29, 2018
Akachukwu123:
Good day house,
Pls I need to be guided on how to write a LETTER OF INTEREST for 489 visa.
I read to apply for 489, you need to submit some documents with the letter in question.
I will be very glad to receive a sample from someone that has passed this stage.
I wan try 489 abeg.

Cheers

Is this for NT?
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by Aub430: 10:58am On Jun 29, 2018
Guys ITA don drop for 489 visa.

At the moment, due to maintenance, I'm unable to log on to skillsselect to see what document is required. However I was just wondering what extra thing do I need to include in my application to ensure a direct grant??

Thanks

2 Likes

Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by Phlunter01: 11:18am On Jun 29, 2018
Congratulations!!!

Ok so for your application, Ensure you upload all documents that support every point you claimed i.e

Education (Certificate & Transcript)
Age (Birth Certificate / International passport)
Names (Birth Certificate, in case of any changes, Sworn affidavit and Newspaper publication)
Work Experience (Employment letters, promotion letters, pay slips, reference letters, and Statement)
Health (Ensure you generate your HAP ID and go for your medicals before you are asked, Yellow card from port health)
English (PTE score should be sent directly from your profile on the PTE website, or send the IELTS result)
Partner (International passport, Yellow card from port health, Evidence of name or any changes as above, English docs as above or Proficiency in English letter from sch)
Child (International passport, Immunization card)

all applicants will have to do the medicals as above.

I am not certain ii have covered it all.

Others can modify

Aub430:

At the moment, due to maintenance, I'm unable to log on to skillsselect to see what document is required. However I was just wondering what extra thing do I need to include in my application to ensure a direct grant??

Thanks

2 Likes

Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by ropodinho3633(m): 12:05pm On Jun 29, 2018
align360:

Where exactly are you oga?

Lagos or China? grin grin grin
[color=#000099][/color]
I left China some weeks ago, am now in Nigeria
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by wazilo: 12:19pm On Jun 29, 2018
Good morning house,please someone should advise me on how I can register for assessment with EA without the required English test here.

Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by gaphils: 12:24pm On Jun 29, 2018
Congrats to the initiator of this forum and to the good contributors. Congrats too to all who have succeeded.

Please I have gone through the threads but.I really need t get along with any on-going applications or already succeeded applications in either the Professional Engineering or Engineering Technologist Occupation for more guidance plz. Anyone in d hz? Tnks
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by gaphils: 12:28pm On Jun 29, 2018
wazilo:
Good morning house,please someone should advise me on how I can register for assessment with EA without the required English test here.

You cannot get assessed without your English test result. Look at it very well. It has * showing dt it is mandatory plz

3 Likes

Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by Alphadoor: 12:31pm On Jun 29, 2018
Aub430:

Thanks

Congrats Mate..!!

2 Likes

Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by adewxyz: 12:32pm On Jun 29, 2018
Aub430:

Thanks

Please I have not been able to login to skillselect to submit an EOI. Can someone help
After EOI ID was created and sent, the next page brings out 3 options to login through:

1. shared services centre
2. auskey UAS STS
3. VANGuard

Instead of the normal skillselect login page
What do I do?
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by jayooh: 12:36pm On Jun 29, 2018
Aub430:
No it's Riverina, it's all sorted now thanks. But yes you are right FSC is notorious, they got no time to be messing around.

Btw guys it is possible to certify electronic copies of your documents. All you need to do is show the original in your email or website to the person certifying your document.

If regional approves to provide nomination, I wonder how long it takes to get an ITA

On the bolded, should be between 24-48hours max. Usually almost immediate upon approval. Worry less about ITA coming after nomination and focus on getting the approval first.

1 Like

Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by adewxyz: 1:19pm On Jun 29, 2018
adewxyz:

Please I have not been able to login to skillselect to submit an EOI. Can someone help
After EOI ID was created and sent, the next page brings out 3 options to login through:

1. shared services centre
2. auskey UAS STS
3. VANGuard

Instead of the normal skillselect login page
What do I do?

Please any suggestions? or someone in same shoes?
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by gaphils: 1:43pm On Jun 29, 2018
Again, how does this thing happen. I it when you apply for 189 nden if ur points is not upto, u can den reapply for 190 or automatically dey will fix u in 190 since u got 65 instead or 489 how does it work?
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by Alphadoor: 2:49pm On Jun 29, 2018
adewxyz:

Please any suggestions? or someone in same shoes?

DoHA changes to their electronic visa systems this weekend
Each year the Department closes its online service channels on 30th June to enable legislative changes and system updates. This year the Department will be closing these channels earlier than in previous years.

kindly wait till monday
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by Nobody: 3:35pm On Jun 29, 2018

(1) (2) (3) ... (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) ... (388) (Reply)

Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? / U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.