Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,468 members, 7,816,098 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:42 AM

DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 - Travel (35) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 (807058 Views)

USA Visit Visa Part 4 / USA Visit Visa Part 4 / USA Visit Visa Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) ... (388) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by Nobody: 1:13pm On Jul 04, 2018
Hello house, please I'm looking to add 5 points to hubby's points. We studied the same course and I'm preparing for my pte too. Now my question is, will I have to pay to be assessed by EA before we can claim that additional 5 points. Or how do we go about it
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by trastar(f): 2:46pm On Jul 04, 2018
rianah:
Hello house, please I'm looking to add 5 points to hubby's points. We studied the same course and I'm preparing for my pte too. Now my question is, will I have to pay to be assessed by EA before we can claim that additional 5 points. Or how do we go about it

Answer is yes.
You need to get positive assessment to be able to give partner point.

1 Like

Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by Nayaaaaa: 3:48pm On Jul 04, 2018
rianah:
My sister, we are in this together. Please let's roll together. My Oga also thinks it's my headache . As a matter of fact, I've been doing 70% of the thing. The only thing is work experience in lack in my field will hinder me from being the principal applicant. Kindly let's roll together. My hubby too studied Electronics and Computer Engineering and has been working for close to 7 years now
grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by flyca: 3:59pm On Jul 04, 2018
Please I have a problem with the transcript part.
Engineers Australia request that transcript be uplaoded along with other documents when applying. My problem is that my university can only offer a hard copy delivery.

Please is it okay to request the hard copy of my transcript, then scan and upload to Engineers Australia. Is this acceptable? Is scaned transcript acceptable?
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by stifo2012: 4:27pm On Jul 04, 2018
Yes, just scan your transcript and upload it. They may still ask for the hard copy to be sent to them.

flyca:
Engineers Australia request that transcript be uplaoded along with other documents when applying. My problem is that my university can only offer a jard copy delivery.

Please is it okay to request the hard copy of my transcript, then scan and upload to Engineers Australia. Is this acceptable? Is scaned transcript acceptable?

1 Like

Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by flyca: 4:30pm On Jul 04, 2018
stifo2012:
Yes, just scan your transcript and upload it. They may still ask for the hard copy to be sent to them.

Thanks a lot.
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by Mcslize: 4:53pm On Jul 04, 2018
GOO1 , nice gesture. This is the pattern the Indians and Chinese are operating. Helping one another. Thats why there are loads of Chinese over there. Keep it up.

1 Like

Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by MurphyG1(m): 4:54pm On Jul 04, 2018
Hello house,

Please help.

I have been reading the Engineers Australia MSA booklet (on their website) on how to get assessed but I'm getting confused now.

1) I have B.Eng Electrical Eng from Nigeria and MSc Electronic and Electrical Eng from UK. Which do I apply for assessment? The highest qualification which is the MSc or both? Will my schools need to send my transcript directly to EA?

2) If I have to do assessment for B.Eng, which pathway do I apply through? I know that of Msc is Washington Accord.

3. Will my CV and reference letters from previous employers suffice for the work experience?

Please I need a brief summary of documents to provide to get assessed.

Thanks all.
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by prettysassygirl(f): 7:07pm On Jul 04, 2018
Dharmie02:
Good evening house, please your suggestion is needed. hubby has bsc Med rehab from Oau and has been practising as physio. Do u know any Nigeria trained physio who assessed as an occupational therapist?what other options do we have? APC condition for assessing physio isn't favourable ,IELTS result is ready .thank you
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by diggy4real: 10:48pm On Jul 04, 2018
flyca:
Engineers Australia request that transcript be uplaoded along with other documents when applying. My problem is that my university can only offer a jard copy delivery.

Yes.
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by Nobody: 5:25am On Jul 05, 2018
Thank you
trastar:

Answer is yes.
You need to get positive assessment to be able to give partner point.
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by olumuyiwaoke(f): 9:03am On Jul 05, 2018
send the hard copy.... dont bother scanning....it will delay your assessment process because you would be asked to send either via mail or courier....but your school should be able to send via e-mail.....
flyca:

Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by Nobody: 9:50am On Jul 05, 2018
I am an external auditor.... BSc. Economics
ogbevireo:

What is your occupation?
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by chicyclass(f): 10:36am On Jul 05, 2018
Good morning everyone,

Please i need help
i have read through zero, and understood some.

i am a physiotherapist,with MSc with 8 years experience. My friend in Aussie said i cannot apply directly with physiotherapy because of the rigors of licensing and co. She said i must choose an alternate occupation/skill. If i choose an alternate occupation or skill, i feel i will stand no chance because i loose all the years of experience. Please any suggestion on alternate skill?? have anyone experienced this??
Meanwhile, hubby studied Engineering and all his experiences are in Sales/Marketing and his age will be minus 5. Please if he chooses sales, what about verification/assessment as his graduate certificate is Engineering.

Please Help a sister embarassed
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by JapD: 11:35am On Jul 05, 2018
Yes. Just make sure it is very clear (300 dpi if u can). They may ask u to send through your school to them if they smell anything.

flyca:

1 Like

Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by JapD: 11:46am On Jul 05, 2018
Scanned copies of:
International passport
Passport photo
IELTS TRF/PTE-A
Degree Certificate (s)
Transcripts
Reference letter from employer
Tax certificate
Pension summary
Pay slips (not compulsory if u have tax cert)
CV

I hope I captured the main docs, if not all.

MurphyG1:
Hello house,

Please help.

I have been reading the Engineers Australia MSA booklet (on their website) on how to get assessed but I'm getting confused now.

1) I have B.Eng Electrical Eng from Nigeria and MSc Electronic and Electrical Eng from UK. Which do I apply for assessment? The highest qualification which is the MSc or both? Will my schools need to send my transcript directly to EA?

2) If I have to do assessment for B.Eng, which pathway do I apply through? I know that of Msc is Washington Accord.

3. Will my CV and reference letters from previous employers suffice for the work experience?

Please I need a brief summary of documents to provide to get assessed.

Thanks all.
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by flyca: 11:48am On Jul 05, 2018
olumuyiwaoke:
send the hard copy.... dont bother scanning....it will delay your assessment process because you would be asked to send either via mail or courier....but your school should be able to send via e-mail.....
Thanks for replying. They did not provide any physical address, one and two is that you cannot proceed to the next webpage without uploading your transcript. My school does not give ecopy of transcript - UNN.
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by ayonline: 12:26pm On Jul 05, 2018
flyca:

Thanks for replying. They did not provide any physical address, one and two is that you cannot proceed to the next webpage without uploading your transcript. My school does not give ecopy of transcript - UNN.

request UNN send hard copy to your address. scan and upload

1 Like

Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by flyca: 12:27pm On Jul 05, 2018
ayonline:

request UNN send hard copy to your address. scan and upload
Thanks a lot smiley
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by olumuyiwaoke(f): 2:03pm On Jul 05, 2018
REALLY!!!!! I was Advicing a Friend to do it oo...it seems easy but capital intensive from their website...try Occupational Therapy or something Sports Something....you can try primary health organisation manager if you have atleast small experience in public health or PHCs or health welfare manager..is there anything as physio assistance if there is you can try that route too.
chicyclass:
Good morning everyone,

Please i need help
i have read through zero, and understood some.

i am a physiotherapist,with MSc with 8 years experience. My friend in Aussie said i cannot apply directly with physiotherapy because of the rigors of licensing and co. She said i must choose an alternate occupation/skill. If i choose an alternate occupation or skill, i feel i will stand no chance because i loose all the years of experience. Please any suggestion on alternate skill?? have anyone experienced this??
Meanwhile, hubby studied Engineering and all his experiences are in Sales/Marketing and his age will be minus 5. Please if he chooses sales, what about verification/assessment as his graduate certificate is Engineering.

Please Help a sister embarassed

1 Like

Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by Michaelamo: 2:44pm On Jul 05, 2018
flyca:

You are good to go if you already have the hard copy. Just scan and upload. They rarely ask for it to be sent to them except they suspect it might not be genuine.

1 Like

Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by Onyenaucheya22: 2:50pm On Jul 05, 2018
Hello everyone, I'm new here I will love to participate on this Australian permanent resident Visa please how do I go about it also what and what do I need to for it. Please this is my whatsapp number 08064974955
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by Rapture07: 2:59pm On Jul 05, 2018
Onyenaucheya22:
Hello everyone, I'm new here I will love to participate on this Australian permanent resident Visa please how do I go about it also what and what do I need to for it. Please this is my whatsapp number 08064974955

Ur lucky u didn't say this on the Canadian forum.
My advice is that u read tru sir and then come and ask ur question. Kindly go tru page 0
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by gbengaolu360: 3:40pm On Jul 05, 2018
Hello house, I have a positive assessment from EA for 7 years work experience and I thought I could do my PTE and move on. But I hardly have time to practice and now I have 8 years with few months doing the same job. How can I apply to EA to change my 7 years to 8 years of experience ??
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by trastar(f): 5:11pm On Jul 05, 2018
gbengaolu360:
Hello house, I have a positive assessment from EA for 7 years work experience and I thought I could do my PTE and move on. But I hardly have time to practice and now I have 8 years with few months doing the same job. How can I apply to EA to change my 7 years to 8 years of experience ??

If I am not mistaken, if you are still at the same job.u don't need to ask EA to update the work experience.
Infact, if you had used the report as at the time you got it to fill EOI, you will be asked whether you still work there.
if you picked yes, your EOI will automatically update and the extra 5 points will be added when it became 8 years.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by chicyclass(f): 5:26pm On Jul 05, 2018
olumuyiwaoke:
REALLY!!!!! I was Advicing a Friend to do it oo...it seems easy but capital intensive from their website...try Occupational Therapy or something Sports Something....you can try primary health organisation manager if you have atleast small experience in public health or PHCs or health welfare manager..is there anything as physio assistance if there is you can try that route too.

Ok dear, thanks for your kind response.

What are the chances for my husband too.
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by wazilo: 6:11pm On Jul 05, 2018
Good evening all, please am confuse and need clarification concerning my chosen occupation due to the "pro-rata" occupations issues. I have worked as project engineer under mechanical and I studied metallurgical and materials engineering....please I need a lead on the one I should assess with as I get documents to covered dem.
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by gaphils: 10:23pm On Jul 05, 2018
gbengaolu360:

From EA booklet, I gathered that d English test is a requirement for ur qualification / skill assessment. How were u able t get positive assessment without d English test since u r yet t write ur LTE. I asked cos IELTS training t right for my assessment is d only thing delaying me now.
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by titila: 11:09pm On Jul 05, 2018
Hello House, thank you for the good work you guys are doing.
I have a challenge which I believe people that have been in this journey for a while can help me.
I have a B.sc in Finance and an M.Sc in Purchasing and supply chain mgt and have a 5yrs experience in procurement. AIM is the assessing body for Procurement Manager and Supply/Distribution Manager which only assesses Senior Managers level. However, I don't have their requirements as my job is only on a functional level.Can I use Vettasses for assessment? Please i need advice cos I don't want to go wrong. Thank you
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by Dharmie02: 11:49pm On Jul 05, 2018
[quote author=prettysassygirl post=69084479]
U sent me a mail,can't access it,u can call this line 07015396445[
/quote]
Thank u
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by MurphyG1(m): 6:17am On Jul 06, 2018
JapD:
Scanned copies of:
International passport
Passport photo
IELTS TRF/PTE-A
Degree Certificate (s)
Transcripts
Reference letter from employer
Tax certificate
Pension summary
Pay slips (not compulsory if u have tax cert)
CV

I hope I captured the main docs, if not all.

Thank you.
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by Phlunter01: 7:21am On Jul 06, 2018
God bless you richly. I am glad when I see people willing to help others. cheesy grin

GOO1:
Good Morning Aussie Fam!

I have been in Sydney for a while now and I am loving it. Just in case you coming this way (Sydney) and you need the following (see below) be sure to holla at me.

1. Airport pickup
2. A church to attend, I currently attend House of Grace Ministries, with a wonderful Nigerian pastor, a couple of Nigerians and more than a handful of other African Nationals and other nationals as well.
3. Someone to look and book accommodation for you before you arrive (of course you bear the cost grin ). Granny flats, shared houses with single rooms etc.
4. Some one to ask questions: think where to buy some African food, shops, the mall, job search tips (not job ooo, biko). etc
5. Currency exchange. Some Naira or USD to AUD.

I also have some friends in Queensland and Perth for those headed that way. Hopefully they can help, fingers crossed.

Can't wait to welcome you.
Whatapp number: 07014516254. Yes my Nigerian Whatsapp number is still active until Airtel kicks me out.

Warms Regards!
Your fellow Aussie.

(1) (2) (3) ... (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) ... (388) (Reply)

Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? / U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.