Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,548 members, 7,812,745 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:31 PM

DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 - Travel (316) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 (806056 Views)

USA Visit Visa Part 4 / USA Visit Visa Part 4 / USA Visit Visa Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (313) (314) (315) (316) (317) (318) (319) ... (388) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by ezegenigbonine: 10:19pm On Apr 11, 2022
Good evening guys please I'll need your help as am new and want to start .
HND electrical engineering
8 years experience as a lift mechanic(prove of salary, pension and tax all available)
36 yrs
Married with two kids
Yet to write English test (heard PTE is the best)
I also run a lift company registered with CAC

Wife
HND mass communication
Banker
30 yes
3 yrs experience as a banker

Please advice
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by tunlex01(m): 3:41pm On Apr 12, 2022
Favouredamazon:

Can you use this format
This is for new members:
Course of study: Pharmacology

Educational qualifications with dates awarded
*BSc Pharmacology 2011
Awarding University: Olabisi Onabanjo University
*MBA Marketing 2020
Ahmadu Bello University

Job title(s)
*Medical sales rep 5years
*Sales and marketing manager 4years

SPOUSE
Age 34

Course of study: Agricultural Extension

Educational qualifications with dates awarded
BAgric 2011

Awarding University: University of Ilorin
Work in family farm business for 1year
Other work experience has been business

We're both planning to write our IELTS in order to boost our points.
So we need advices from the big bosses here if my husband should do his assessment with IMN as a sales and marketing manager or medical sales representative with VETASSESS.
Which would be best recommendation?

Thanks for your time

Since pharmacology is more than 4 years, your spouse should be able to assess with Vetassess without the masters.
For IML, he has to be reporting directly to the CEO and 4 years is too small for a S&M manager with IML
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by tunlex01(m): 3:43pm On Apr 12, 2022
ezegenigbonine:
8 years experience as a lift mechanic(prove of salary, pension and tax all available)
36 yrs
Married with two kids

Wife
HND mass communication
Banker
30 yes

Please advice

Check the occupation list to see the occupations you both can nominate.
Visit www.anzscosearch.com
You may need to register on the website to view the details below
On the top middle page click "Lists" (on a laptop/computer) or click the Hamburger sign (3 horizontal lines) to select "Lists" if you are using a mobile device
Go through the 3 lists MLTSSL, STSOL and ROL
Click any of the occupations that best relate to what you do.
When you click the occupation, scroll down to 'Anzsco code' and scroll to 'Tasks'
Check if the tasks relate to the occupation you have selected.
Revert here with occupation(s) you deem relate to what you do and we will take it up from there
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by Bodacious1: 11:34pm On Apr 14, 2022
Thank you. In my case, current employer does not give such letters so I had to resort to using a sworn affidavit for the first assessment. I guess I have to do this again, right?

tunlex01:

You should get new/recent payslips (bank statement, pension, tax, payslips etc, reference letter etc)

1 Like

Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by naijacreativeha(f): 3:05pm On Apr 15, 2022
ezegenigbonine:
36 yrs
Married with two kids

Wife
HND mass communication
Banker
30 yes

Please advice
Can you add me on WhatsApp just about starting mine too. 09036346989
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by Ggetter50: 12:30pm On Apr 16, 2022
Hello guys,

Please, I'm making this enquiry for a relative ..

HUSBAND
Qualifications: Bsc, MSc ( Will soon be completed) in Veterinary Medicine.
Work experience: 3 years

WIFE
Qualifications: Bsc. Nursing
Work experience: 1year

These guys have a 1yr old child. Please, what is the best route for them to migrate to Australia? Can they get job directly from Nigeria? Or is Canada better for their profiles? I'm a bit confused on the best place for them.

I would really appreciate any sincere advice here.

Thanks so much!
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by Favouredamazon: 6:05pm On Apr 20, 2022
tunlex01:

Since pharmacology is more than 4 years, your spouse should be able to assess with Vetassess without the masters.
For IML, he has to be reporting directly to the CEO and 4 years is too small for a S&M manager with IML

Thanks for your prompt response and your time in guiding us.
Pharmacology at OSU is a 4year course, can he still assess with VETASSESS do we need to include the MBA for the assessment?
For the IML,he reports directly to the CEO of the company and he has a total of 9years plus working experience but 4.5years as a manager. Will this total working experience count for him if he were to apply via IML?
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by Favouredamazon: 5:26pm On Apr 21, 2022
naijacreativeha:

Can you add me on WhatsApp just about starting mine too. 09036346989

Is there a Whatsapp group? I'm interested in joining. Who is the admin to send my number to please?
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by shams040(m): 2:06am On Apr 22, 2022
Please what do you think about this profile and what is d suggestions.

Husband

B.sc urban and regional planning (Nig)
Msc civil engineering (Malaysia)
Worked as urban planner and earn salary in cash pre and during NYSC (2 and half years).
Got over 10 research articles with 150 citations.
Teaching and Research assistant during Msc (2years)
Age 28.
Research interest: AI, GIS and Remote Sensing, Climate and Hazard modeling.
PhD offers (UNSW and Griffith) yet to decide where to go. Both PhDs would be in Environmental Management (Bush fire research)

Wife
BSc biochemistry
2years work experience in quality control

Thanks

1 Like

Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by karryprincess: 9:09am On Apr 22, 2022
Good day all.

Please the attached information has been on my profile since I did my Biometrics capturing on the 23rd of March. However, my profile still indicates "Arrange biometrics collection ".

What am I expected to do?
Is there any other information VFS should have provided that is yet to be provided?
Even if this is a technical glitch is a month not too long?
Please who experienced this while processing his/her application?
What can i do please?
NOTE: my biometrics was taken after the required 14 days.

Kindly help attend to the above.

Thank you.
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by olusholaayoade: 7:16pm On Apr 22, 2022
Visa 190

26 years old Male

IELTS(Listening-8.5, Reading-8.5, Writing-8, Speaking-7) Overall - 8

Electrical and electronics engineering(B.Eng)-2018
University of Ilorin

3 years as a Technical Support Engineer ( 1 year working as an Independent contractor remotely)

Calculated my points without including any experience and I have 65 which is the minimum. Did this because I am not sure I'll be able to provide all the documents needed for verification especially as an Independent Contractor.

Any advice and tips will be appreciated.
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by msrhema: 9:50am On Apr 23, 2022
Good morning house. My husband and I are interested in migrating to Australia. I have tried to follow this thread but I need some advice. Below are our details for you to give us advice

Qualification.: Bsc Accounting and finance
Msc logistics
Ielts score : listening-8, Reading-8, Writing-8, Speaking-9
Overall- 8.5

Husband
Age 39
Qualification: Bsc Accounting, and ICAN with over 13 years experience
IELTS SCORE: Listening-8, Reading-7.5, writing-8, speaking 9
Overall - 8

Please what are our options?
Can I claim tax accountant without professional qualifications?
Can my husband’s ICAN certificate be evaluated for better points?

Whose profile will look better as a primary applicant between my husband and I?

Thanks a lot guys.
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by Knight1(m): 10:35am On Apr 23, 2022
Ggetter50:
Hello guys,

Please, I'm making this enquiry for a relative ..

HUSBAND
Qualifications: Bsc, MSc ( Will soon be completed) in Veterinary Medicine.
Work experience: 3 years

WIFE
Qualifications: Bsc. Nursing
Work experience: 1year

These guys have a 1yr old child. Please, what is the best route for them to migrate to Australia? Can they get job directly from Nigeria? Or is Canada better for their profiles? I'm a bit confused on the best place for them.

I would really appreciate any sincere advice here.

Thanks so much!

I don't know about Medicine but Nursing is very much in demand in Aussie and would be in the near future. I recommend the wife should endeavour to get an English coach for either PTE or IELTS so she can get the maximum points (79 minimum each in PTE and Band 8 in IELTS). Then she should check the specialty of nursing that is rarest like aged care, critical care etc. However, you can definitely check out the Vet profession.

olusholaayoade:
Visa 190

26 years old Male

University of Ilorin

3 years as a Technical Support Engineer ( 1 year working as an Independent contractor remotely)

Calculated my points without including any experience and I have 65 which is the minimum. Did this because I am not sure I'll be able to provide all the documents needed for verification especially as an Independent Contractor.

As an independent contractor, you can obtain tax for your payment, along with your bank statement. Go to your nearest Tax office and they should guide you. Hopefully, it would be allowed. I would also request you to study and rewrite IELTS. From your results, you clearly can get a minimum of 8 in all bands. That's an additional 10 points, taking you to 75 points. I also suggest you assess as an Electrical if you are going to go via the Engineers Australia route as there's more shortage of Electrical Engineers than most. 75 + 15points on 491 is a good chance, IMO.

msrhema:
Good morning house. My husband and I are interested in migrating to Australia. I have tried to follow this thread but I need some advice. Below are our details for you to give us advice

Msc logistics
Overall- 8.5

Husband
Age 39
Overall - 8

Thanks a lot guys.

Australia doesn't use Overall scores for IELTS
They use minimum scores.
If you minimum score is 7, you get 10 points
if it is 8, you get 20 points
so on that score, I'd advise the husband to try IELTS again so he can get maximum experience points and English experience points since he's so close already.
About the Accounting thing, I'd wait for Tunlex to weigh in as I don't know much about that. I can tell you that it is very competitive though.

3 Likes

Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by cutepinkk: 7:09pm On Apr 23, 2022
I would say your husband is better now as the primary applicant as he has more years of experience and can gain more points from there even though you have a better ielts score of 8 which is equal to 20 points while he has 10. If you are assessed for skills, your years of experience will most likely come to 3 years.

Now "IF" you get the 3 years experience, your score will be 75 while your husband will be 70. Now if you don't get up to 3yrs, your score will be less but your husband stands at 70 still. Except you want to wait another year to gain more experience so you are definitely sure that your score will be higher. I think it's best if your husband can write another ielts and try and get his least score at 8 I.e 8 in writing, 8 in speaking, 8 in reading and 8 in listening then his score will be at 80 points. However, I think offshore accountants have not been getting a lot of opportunities in terms of nominations but hopefully things will change as from July.

1 Like

Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by olystic: 7:15pm On Apr 23, 2022
msrhema:

Msc logistics
Overall- 8.5

Husband
Age 39
Overall - 8

Thanks a lot guys.

Hello madam, please can you guide me through on how to smash this IELTS to obtain a score like yours. TIA
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by hadjipapiey(m): 10:00pm On Apr 24, 2022
msrhema:

Msc logistics
Overall- 8.5

Husband
Age 39
Overall - 8

Thanks a lot guys.

I had gone through your long read. It would pleasure me to ask few questions from you if you don't mind.

Thanks
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by Mike365: 8:10am On Apr 25, 2022
Please is it okay for my school to mail the sealed transcript to VETASSESS without a verified certificate? On the website it says verified certificate and transcript. But what the school is saying it can send is transcript
tunlex01:

Check the occupation list to see the occupations you both can nominate.
Visit www.anzscosearch.com
You may need to register on the website to view the details below
On the top middle page click "Lists" (on a laptop/computer) or click the Hamburger sign (3 horizontal lines) to select "Lists" if you are using a mobile device
Go through the 3 lists MLTSSL, STSOL and ROL
Click any of the occupations that best relate to what you do.
When you click the occupation, scroll down to 'Anzsco code' and scroll to 'Tasks'
Check if the tasks relate to the occupation you have selected.
Revert here with occupation(s) you deem relate to what you do and we will take it up from there
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by msrhema: 10:38am On Apr 26, 2022
hadjipapiey:

Sure... I’ll be happy to answer your questions.

I had gone through your long read. It would pleasure me to ask few questions from you if you don't mind.

Thanks
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by msrhema: 10:41am On Apr 26, 2022
hadjipapiey:

Thanks

Sure, I’ll be happy to answer your questions.
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by BZion(m): 3:01pm On Apr 26, 2022

Qualifications.:

Bsc -Economics- Olabisi Onabanjo Uni- 2006
Bsc Applied Accounting- Oxford Brookes Uni, UK- 2008
MBA Anglia Ruskin University-2011
ACCA- 2008

Occupation: Management Accountant 7-8 years verifiable experience

IELTS score : listening-8, Reading-8, Writing-7.5, Speaking-7.5 (projected from my last attempts in 2018)

Wifey
Age -36
B Pharm, Kwame Nkrumah Uni, Ghana- 2008

IELTS score : Listening-9, Reading-6.5, Writing-7.5, Speaking-8.5 (projected from her last attempt in 2019)

Dear gurus,

So here's my plan. I plan to immigrate to Australia via the study route specifically to study Data Analytics in a school in one of the big cities because of job prospects. I plan to get some work experience in Australia as an Accountant too before the end of my studies.

What are my chances of getting a PR after my studies, and does studying in a regional university make a difference in my case?
I plan to apply first for the student visa before applying for my wife and daughter.

Please help assess this plan.
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by tunlex01(m): 4:35pm On Apr 26, 2022
Favouredamazon:

Thanks for your prompt response and your time in guiding us.
Pharmacology at OSU is a 4year course, can he still assess with VETASSESS do we need to include the MBA for the assessment?
For the IML,he reports directly to the CEO of the company and he has a total of 9years plus working experience but 4.5years as a manager. Will this total working experience count for him if he were to apply via IML?
If you are assessing as a manager, previous non-managerial roles are not added to your experience calculation.
In that case, a 4 year course won't fly. The master has to be added, although I don'yt know what the outcome will be.
Please check IML website for their assessment requirement. It's been a while someone I know assess with IML
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by tunlex01(m): 4:46pm On Apr 26, 2022
shams040:
Please what do you think about this profile and what is d suggestions.

Husband

B.sc urban and regional planning (Nig)
Msc civil engineering (Malaysia)
Worked as urban planner and earn salary in cash pre and during NYSC (2 and half years).
Got over 10 research articles with 150 citations.
Teaching and Research assistant during Msc (2years)
Age 28.
Research interest: AI, GIS and Remote Sensing, Climate and Hazard modeling.
PhD offers (UNSW and Griffith) yet to decide where to go. Both PhDs would be in Environmental Management (Bush fire research)

Wife
BSc biochemistry
2years work experience in quality control

Thanks
I will suggest you add dates (preferably years) to your experience and education for clarification.
Cash payment is not an issue as long as there is pension or tax to back it up.

GTI visa is also an option for you
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by tunlex01(m): 4:53pm On Apr 26, 2022
olusholaayoade:
Visa 190

26 years old Male

University of Ilorin

Firstly, you need to decide which occupation you are going for.
If it's TRA, documentation must be complete.
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by tunlex01(m): 5:09pm On Apr 26, 2022
msrhema:

Msc logistics
Overall- 8.5

Husband
Age 39
Overall - 8

Thanks a lot guys.

Options: For Australia skilled migration - very slim. Nominations for Accountant or related courses have been almost non-existent for offshore applicants in the last 2-3 years due to the number of onshore applicants who are in these occupations and are looking to be nominated.
School route is also dicey - there are many people waiting as well here in Australia. Accountant is the most competitive occupation currently in Australia and we are still trying to get nominations for people. If one of you is in a different occupation, that would have been better.

2. No, you can't if you have not practiced or studied Australian tax laws. I think the process is not that difficult.
3. No, professional qualifications does not add anything in this Australia race. Just degrees and diplomas.
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by tunlex01(m): 5:09pm On Apr 26, 2022
msrhema:

Msc logistics
Overall- 8.5

Husband
Age 39
Overall - 8

Thanks a lot guys.

Options: For Australia skilled migration - very slim. Nominations for Accountant or related courses have been almost non-existent for offshore applicants in the last 2-3 years due to the number of onshore applicants who are in these occupations and are looking to be nominated.
School route is also dicey - there are many people waiting as well here in Australia. Accountant is the most competitive occupation currently in Australia and we are still trying to get nominations for people. If one of you is in a different occupation, that would have been better.
If any of you work in the Big 4, try their Global mobility arrangement.

2. No, you can't if you have not practiced or studied Australian tax laws. I think the process is not that difficult.
3. No, professional qualifications does not add anything in this Australia race. Just degrees and diplomas.

If you have the funds, both of you should assess two different ANZSCO codes
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by tunlex01(m): 5:13pm On Apr 26, 2022
Mike365:
Please is it okay for my school to mail the sealed transcript to VETASSESS without a verified certificate? On the website it says verified certificate and transcript. But what the school is saying it can send is transcript
yes, that should be fine
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by tunlex01(m): 5:22pm On Apr 26, 2022
BZion:

Qualifications.:

Bsc -Economics- Olabisi Onabanjo Uni- 2006
Bsc Applied Accounting- Oxford Brookes Uni, UK- 2008
MBA Anglia Ruskin University-2011
ACCA- 2008

Occupation: Management Accountant 7-8 years verifiable experience

IELTS score : listening-8, Reading-8, Writing-7.5, Speaking-7.5 (projected from my last attempts in 2018)

Wifey
Age -36
B Pharm, Kwame Nkrumah Uni, Ghana- 2008

IELTS score : Listening-9, Reading-6.5, Writing-7.5, Speaking-8.5 (projected from her last attempt in 2019)

Dear gurus,

So here's my plan. I plan to immigrate to Australia via the study route specifically to study Data Analytics in a school in one of the big cities because of job prospects. I plan to get some work experience in Australia as an Accountant too before the end of my studies.

What are my chances of getting a PR after my studies, and does studying in a regional university make a difference in my case?
I plan to apply first for the student visa before applying for my wife and daughter.

Please help assess this plan.

It does not look like your spouse has experience as a Pharmacist cos you skipped that part and if she has, she should be the one assessing.
I would advise processing everyone together so she can get through the Pharamcy registration as soon as you land and can get you PR.
Job prospects is relative. These days, jobs can be done remotely. Your target should be about getting PR and cities like Sydney or Melbourne may offer good jobs but nominations hardly come except you work for an organisation willing to sponsor you.

Getting a job anywhere is relative. Most of the time, you have good prospects only after you graduate due to your visa restriction. If your spouse is the one studying for example while you are the dependent, that may be a better option as you will have full work right and companies may be willing to offer you full time role.

Getting PR after studies as an accountant may be a tall order but things change. Hopefully, it's going to be for the better for the accounting profession in the coming years.
At this time, studying in regional area is the real deal due to the extended years on the post graduate and more options of getting nomination.
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by tunlex01(m): 5:29pm On Apr 26, 2022
Please note that I usually use 'may' in most of my comments as things change frequently.
What is happening now can change drastically as soon as the election is over next month. More so, the details at the time of starting the process or a student application can be different at the time of graduation.
Most of the info here are based on trends and people's experiences. So if you are convinced Australia is for you, get right into the business and kick it.

One thing I have noticed is that, for every focused Nigerians here, they have something to show for it at the end of day, especially if you are good at your job.
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by BZion(m): 9:02pm On Apr 26, 2022
Apologies. She has been working since 2010 till date.
I doubt though that she pension records for all her years because some companies did not pay her pension while she worked with them. I hope this wouldn't pose a problem.

I was of the opinion that she has to have written the Australian qualifying exams as a pharmacist before she can assess and apply. Please correct/confirm this assertion.

I intend to study data analytics/science which is a growing field and hopefully get a job in that field

What I deduce from your post is that studying in a regional university is the best approach. I was wondering if one would be able to get a job to pay off outstanding school fees if one decides to enrol in schools like that.
tunlex01:

It not look like your spouse has experience as a Pharmacist cos you skipped that part and if she has, she should be the one assessing.
I would advise processing everyone together so she can get through the Pharamcy registration as soon as you land and can get you PR.
Job prospects is relative. These days, jobs can be done remotely. Your target should be about getting PR and cities like Sydney or Melbourne may offer good jobs but nominations hardly come except you work for an organisation willing to sponsor you.

Getting a job anywhere is relative. Most of the time, you have good prospects only after you graduate due to your visa restriction. If your spouse is the one studying for example while you are the dependent, that may be a better option as you will have full work right and companies may be willing to offer you full time role.

Getting PR after studies as an accountant may be a tall order but things change. Hopefully, it's going to be for the better for the accounting profession in the coming years.
At this time, studying in regional area is the real deal due to the extended years on the post graduate and more options of getting nomination.
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by paragon40(m): 1:50am On Apr 29, 2022
Can a Lawyer apply for this Aussie PR? Please I need your urgent response. Thanks.
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by hustla(m): 2:07pm On Apr 29, 2022
tunlex01:

Hello,

I am just looking at Australia from the UK via the PR route / schooling for spouse. I am currently studying Msc cybersecurity while is looking at Nursing if its study route we choose to follow

Which areas are classified as regional? And what advantages are attached to regional schooling

Also, how long does the AU pr take? is it up to like 2 years like canada?

Sorry for my plenty questions

Thank you

(1) (2) (3) ... (313) (314) (315) (316) (317) (318) (319) ... (388) (Reply)

Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? / U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 95
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.