Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,799 members, 7,810,078 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:13 PM

DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 - Travel (346) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 (805146 Views)

USA Visit Visa Part 4 / USA Visit Visa Part 4 / USA Visit Visa Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (343) (344) (345) (346) (347) (348) (349) ... (388) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by Acquiredollars(m): 1:23pm On Jan 29, 2023
Good day seniors.....

For University Lecturers, VETASSES is the body responsible for assessing the skillset.

My question is:

Will employment letter, Reference letter from the University Registrar and bank statement of 5 years be enough for proof of employment?

For my spouse,

The Australian Institute of Teaching and School Leadership (AITSL) is responsible for assessing her skillset.

My question is:

She's a secondary school teacher with a Private school. Most of her salaries were paid to her by cash, not into her bank account. What can she use as proof of employment in her case please?

Again, if she didn't assess her skillset, and I decide to use only her level of English language test (IELTS only), will she be allowed to get a teaching job in Australia without her skillset not assessed by the required body (AITSL).

Thanks.
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by Jennifernl: 1:55pm On Jan 29, 2023
tunlex01:

For Vetassess, even though your spouse has over 10 years experience but since he has stopped working over 5 years ago, he's no longer eligible for Vetassess assessment for this occupation. Vetassess requires that the employment must be current within the last 5 years to assess the entire work experience.
Oh thank you so much. Please what are the available options we have considering his profile?
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by tunlex01(m): 12:39pm On Jan 31, 2023
Jennifernl:

Oh thank you so much. Please what are the available options we have considering his profile?
What has he been doing in the last 5 years?
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by tunlex01(m): 12:41pm On Jan 31, 2023
Acquiredollars:
Good day seniors.....

For University Lecturers, VETASSES is the body responsible for assessing the skillset.

My question is:

Will employment letter, Reference letter from the University Registrar and bank statement of 5 years be enough for proof of employment?

For my spouse,

The Australian Institute of Teaching and School Leadership (AITSL) is responsible for assessing her skillset.

My question is:

She's a secondary school teacher with a Private school. Most of her salaries were paid to her by cash, not into her bank account. What can she use as proof of employment in her case please?

Again, if she didn't assess her skillset, and I decide to use only her level of English language test (IELTS only), will she be allowed to get a teaching job in Australia without her skillset not assessed by the required body (AITSL).

Thanks.
1. That should be enough for Vetassess assessment but won’t be for DHA. You need to have tax and/or pension statements.

2. Cash payment does not stop payment of PAYE tax or pension. She can get her school to pay her taxes.

3. She can do the assessment onshore after landing

1 Like

Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by Acquiredollars(m): 2:20pm On Jan 31, 2023
tunlex01:

1. That should be enough for Vetassess assessment but won’t be for DHA. You need to have tax and/or pension statements.

2. Cash payment does not stop payment of PAYE tax or pension. She can get her school to pay her taxes.

Thank you for your response sir.

So, without skillset assessment, she can't get a teaching job right?
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by felixzo1(m): 2:28pm On Jan 31, 2023
Acquiredollars:

skill assessment has nothing to do with getting a teaching job, if she is the principal applicant she need it.
To be get assessment as a teacher she needs pgde and 8 in listening and speaking then 7, 7 in others
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by Jennifernl: 3:49pm On Jan 31, 2023
tunlex01:

What has he been doing in the last 5 years?
Been running his own registered business
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by Deprofessional(m): 6:34am On Feb 03, 2023
bellong:

The help you need is on the first three pages of the thread.

First read and ask specific question. It is a do it yourself thread.

Good morning Bellong.

I sent you a message in your in box.

Please, respond to the message, I have a private question to ask you before I take a life changing decision.

Have a nice day.

Deprofesssional.
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by RealPontif: 9:28am On Feb 03, 2023
tunlex01:

Hi, Uncle @Tunlex01

I'm here again.

Please what would be the best thing to do in a situation where the person that would have provided your Employment Reference and other needed items, is no longer working in the company as well and as a result, no longer has access to the official emails and other contacts of the company as before?

I'm asking because, I was wondering what could happen if they send email to the email address in order to confirm, and either didn't get a confirmatory response or don't get any at all.

I wonder if you understand my tale here.

Thanks always.
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by tunlex01(m): 2:22am On Feb 04, 2023
RealPontif:

Hi, Uncle @Tunlex01

I'm here again.

Please what would be the best thing to do in a situation where the person that would have provided your Employment Reference and other needed items, is no longer working in the company as well and as a result, no longer has access to the official emails and other contacts of the company as before?

I'm asking because, I was wondering what could happen if they send email to the email address in order to confirm, and either didn't get a confirmatory response or don't get any at all.

I wonder if you understand my tale here.

Thanks always.
Get your letter from the HR of the company.
if that's not feasible, then you may prepare a statutory declaration.
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by FreshBoss007: 9:28pm On Feb 04, 2023
Good evening house

@bellong, @tunlex

How long is the usual wait time for feedback on PR after medicals and visa payment

Thanks for the expected reply
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by bellong: 2:48am On Feb 05, 2023
RealPontif:

Hello, @Bellong. Sorry I had to crash your question but I think your question may apply to me.

Yes, please. It is registered but i don't have a separate account for it. If it is cheque, I simply pay into personal accouunt or collect the full cash or have them make a transfer.

Does the payment shows that it is payment for your service? If it does, it is ok and you add tax certificate too.
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by bellong: 3:02am On Feb 05, 2023
Acquiredollars:

The skills assessment does not automatically grant her right to work as a teacher. Even if she has a positive assessment, she is still not eligible to teach. For her to teach, she needs to be registered with the registration council in states/territories.

The skills assessment only gives the opportunity for skilled migration. Google teacher registration for overseas qualification in any of the states for requirements.
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by bellong: 3:05am On Feb 05, 2023
Deprofessional:

Good morning Bellong.

I sent you a message in your in box.

Please, respond to the message, I have a private question to ask you before I take a life changing decision.

Have a nice day.

Deprofesssional.

My response bounced back, says your yahoo address couldn't be found. Guess there is a problem with your email.

Please, once you sort your email, the question must be what has not been addressed on this thread and very personal, otherwise I wouldn't respond.

Regards
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by bellong: 3:08am On Feb 05, 2023
FreshBoss007:
Good evening house

@bellong, @tunlex

How long is the usual wait time for feedback on PR after medicals and visa payment

Thanks for the expected reply

Well, the average wait time of recent is 3-6 months. However, each application is treated individually and may wait for up to 2years.
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by bellong: 3:10am On Feb 05, 2023
Jennifernl:

Been running his own registered business

This is not enough information. What sort of business?

And how about you, your qualification and experience?
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by RealPontif: 3:40pm On Feb 05, 2023
bellong:

Does the payment shows that it is payment for your service? If it does, it is ok and you add tax certificate too.

What did you say is okay to do?

Also, I have never had a task certificate. But recently, due to this SA program, I went to inquire as to what is required to obtain a tax certificate, I was frightened by the amount of money they charged me. Is that how huge it costs because I do not have such money at the moment considering that I have a lot to pay for, for the Skill Assessment (SA) program?

Isn't there a way to circumvent this or at least to make it much more affordable?
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by Acquiredollars(m): 6:22pm On Feb 05, 2023
Good day Seniors

Please how long is the waiting time after submission of EOI before I get ITA for visa subclass 189 (University Lecturer)

Thanks.
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by Saynoomore: 9:26pm On Feb 05, 2023
Acquiredollars:
Good day Seniors

Please how long is the waiting time after submission of EOI before I get ITA for visa subclass 189 (University Lecturer)

Thanks.

We are in the same boat!
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by Acquiredollars(m): 9:31pm On Feb 05, 2023
Saynoomore:

We are in the same boat!

That's okay. Have you submitted your EOI application yet? When did you submit your application?
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by Saynoomore: 9:37pm On Feb 05, 2023
Acquiredollars:

That's okay. Have you submitted your EOI application yet? When did you submit your application?

Approx 2 weeks. The last cut off was quite ok @ 65. Lets see what the next draw holds.
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by Acquiredollars(m): 9:40pm On Feb 05, 2023
Saynoomore:

Approx 2 weeks. The last cut off was quite ok @ 65. Lets see what the next draw holds.

Do you know how often they make the draws please?
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by Saynoomore: 9:43pm On Feb 05, 2023
Acquiredollars:

Do you know how often they make the draws please?

I read there'll be one this month!
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by FreshBoss007: 2:06am On Feb 06, 2023
bellong:

Well, the average wait time of recent is 3-6 months. However, each application is treated individually and may wait for up to 2years.

Thanks for the info sir
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by bellong: 11:06pm On Feb 06, 2023
RealPontif:

What did you say is okay to do?

Also, I have never had a task certificate. But recently, due to this SA program, I went to inquire as to what is required to obtain a tax certificate, I was frightened by the amount of money they charged me. Is that how huge it costs because I do not have such money at the moment considering that I have a lot to pay for, for the Skill Assessment (SA) program?

Isn't there a way to circumvent this or at least to make it much more affordable?

There is no way to circumvent it. For every claim you make in your application, you must provide supporting evidence. Evidence of payment is usually given proper attention.
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by olig(m): 7:00pm On Feb 08, 2023
Good day guys,
@tunlex01 and all others, please advise and guidance.

I am considering the AU PR (or a viable route you know). I have read a little on the topic and comments here. However, I still need some guidance/assistance.

Marital status: Married
Degrees: PhD 2019 - 2022 (in Applied Geosciences)
M.Sc. 2013 - 2015 (in Geology)
B.Sc. 2006 - 2010 (in Geology)
Group: GROUP 2344; Geologists, Geophysicists and Hydrogeologists
ANZSCO code: 234411
ANZSCO Skill Level: 1
List: STSOL
VISA: 190 [skill nominated], 407 [Training visa], 489 [Skilled Regional (Provisional vias) - State or Territory nominated] 482 [Temporary Skill shortage visa - Short Term Stream], 487 [Regional Sponsor Migration Scheme], 494 [Skilled Employer Sponsored Regional (Provisional) - Employer-sponsored stream], 491 [Skilled Work Regional (Provisional visa) - State of Territory nominated].
Assessing Authority: VETASSESS
-Geologist is a VETASSESS Group A occupation
Assessment: Not done yet.
Experience: 3 years (Geologist: 04/2015 to 10/2018).
IELTS: Not done yet.

Wife:
Degree: B.Sc. 2013 - 2017 (in Local Government Studies).
Experience: 4 years ad 4 months (Account officer: 09/2017 to 01/2022).
10 months (Credit control officer: 02/2022 to /11/2022).
She has AAT and ICAN. I was told ICAN doesn't work for Australia, which is why I don't detail that.
Occupation: Account officer is not on the skilled occupation list.
ANZSCO Code: XXXXXXXXX
VISA: XXXXXXXXX
IELTS: Not yet done

Please, kindly advise on the most viable route for us.

Specific questions: (1) Do I need IELTS results for the assessment (VETASSESS is the authority)?
(2) Does PhD period also count as experience for AU PR?

I found the statements below on the VETASSESS page and I don't have a clear understanding of bullet (now number) 2. Please, note that my PhD is technically 4 years.
"Geologist(ANZSCO Code 234411)
This occupation requires a qualification assessed as comparable to the education level of an Australian Qualifications Framework (AQF) Bachelor Degree or higher degree and in a field highly relevant to the nominated occupation.

In addition to the above, it is essential for applicants to meet the following employment criteria:

1. at least one year of post-qualification employment at an appropriate skill level,
2. undertaken in the last five years,
3. working 20 hours or more per week, and
4. highly relevant to the nominated occupation.
Please note in order to achieve a successful Skills Assessment Outcome, a positive assessment for both qualifications and employment is required."

I am sorry for my long epistle. I just wish to get things right.

Thank you in anticipation for your advice and guidance.
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by judisco2019: 7:18am On Feb 09, 2023
Please I need assistance on the EOI.
I have done my assessment with TRA as Electrical engineering technician and recieved my outcome leter for 8 years experience.

My IELTS is also out and I have 7.5 overall with 7 in listening, speaking and writing and 8 in reading.

Which of the subclass do I register for EOI. Is it 189 or regional. I am confused and the next step to take please.

Also, do I need to get my wife to write IELTS or I should just proceed with only mine.

Regards,
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by RealPontif: 11:35pm On Feb 09, 2023
bellong:

There is no way to circumvent it. For every claim you make in your application, you must provide supporting evidence. Evidence of payment is usually given proper attention.

Okay! Thanks.

In this case, I was talking specifically about the tax clearance certificate for my personal business. Do I have an alternative here?
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by NHQGUY: 12:01am On Feb 10, 2023
judisco2019:
Please I need assistance on the EOI.
I have done my assessment with TRA as Electrical engineering technician and recieved my outcome leter for 8 years experience.

My IELTS is also out and I have 7.5 overall with 7 in listening, speaking and writing and 8 in reading.

Which of the subclass do I register for EOI. Is it 189 or regional. I am confused and the next step to take please.

Also, do I need to get my wife to write IELTS or I should just proceed with only mine.

Regards,

Hi, congratulations on your positive assessment.

You should submit and choose all three subclasses (189, 190 and 491). I recommend you have separate EOIs for each different states.

You can claim 10 points for your English language skill. Best to also get your spouse to write as well so you can get an extra 5 points with a score not below 6 on each component.

Regardless, do not wait. Fill your EOI right away as there is a high possibility of a draw this month.

Thanks.
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by lookingfly: 6:18am On Feb 10, 2023
NHQGUY:

Hi, congratulations on your positive assessment.

You should submit and choose all three subclasses (189, 190 and 491). I recommend you have separate EOIs for each different states.

You can claim 10 points for your English language skill. Best to also get your spouse to write as well so you can get an extra 5 points with a score not below 6 on each component.

Regardless, do not wait. Fill your EOI right away as there is a high possibility of a draw this month.

Thanks.
good day, I don't know if this is the section for this or you can help me with information on what the problem really is.... An agent applied for admission into ACU for me, I got a reply that they don't believe in the document, so they wouldn't be giving me admission. I notorized my document with a notary public as instructed by the agent and followed all process. What i want to know is, is there a special method for notarizing of document in Nigeria for Australia application or their special office that does that? After getting this mail, I did a little research, and i discovered that after notorizing my document, I was supposed to certify it with the ministry of foreign affairs and also the embassy of Australia which the agent never told me about. Attached are document. Thanks

Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by NHQGUY: 10:45am On Feb 10, 2023
lookingfly:
good day, I don't know if this is the section for this or you can help me with information on what the problem really is.... An agent applied for admission into ACU for me, I got a reply that they don't believe in the document, so they wouldn't be giving me admission. I notorized my document with a notary public as instructed by the agent and followed all process. What i want to know is, is there a special method for notarizing of document in Nigeria for Australia application or their special office that does that? After getting this mail, I did a little research, and i discovered that after notorizing my document, I was supposed to certify it with the ministry of foreign affairs and also the embassy of Australia which the agent never told me about. Attached are document. Thanks

Hello, unfortunately I do not have any idea about this.
Perhaps someone that does will come to clarify.
Thanks.
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by ajayidebo: 1:52pm On Feb 10, 2023
@lookingfly

You are right on your research findings.

In your case, I would have used the Federal High Court for the notary, Certified the notarized document at the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in Abuja, then take the document of the Australian Embassy for the final legalization. When dealing with Embassies or Foreign Institutions, it is better to use Federal establishments for your notary and what not.

It is sad what happened, you will have to go back to the drawing board. Most of the agents are usually not competent. Agent Jack of all countries study routes/migration, master of none.

(1) (2) (3) ... (343) (344) (345) (346) (347) (348) (349) ... (388) (Reply)

Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? / U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening / QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.