Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,881 members, 7,810,379 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 07:58 AM

DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 - Travel (347) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 (805296 Views)

USA Visit Visa Part 4 / USA Visit Visa Part 4 / USA Visit Visa Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (344) (345) (346) (347) (348) (349) (350) ... (388) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by lookingfly: 3:26pm On Feb 10, 2023
ajayidebo:
@lookingfly

You are right on your research findings.

In your case, I would have used the Federal High Court for the notary, Certified the notarized document at the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in Abuja, then take the document of the Australian Embassy for the final legalization. When dealing with Embassies or Foreign Institutions, it is better to use Federal establishments for your notary and what not.

It is sad what happened, you will have to go back to the drawing board. Most of the agents are usually not competent. Agent Jack of all countries study routes/migration, master of none.
ah ah.....thank you Soo much.
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by lookingfly: 3:28pm On Feb 10, 2023
NHQGUY:

Hello, unfortunately I do not have any idea about this.
Perhaps someone that does will come to clarify.
Thanks.
thanks alot
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by olig(m): 4:57pm On Feb 10, 2023
Please can someone help with this......

olig:
Good day guys,
@tunlex01 and all others, please advise and guidance.

I am considering the AU PR (or a viable route you know). I have read a little on the topic and comments here. However, I still need some guidance/assistance.

Marital status: Married
Degrees: PhD 2019 - 2022 (in Applied Geosciences)
M.Sc. 2013 - 2015 (in Geology)
B.Sc. 2006 - 2010 (in Geology)
Group: GROUP 2344; Geologists, Geophysicists and Hydrogeologists
ANZSCO code: 234411
ANZSCO Skill Level: 1
List: STSOL
VISA: 190 [skill nominated], 407 [Training visa], 489 [Skilled Regional (Provisional vias) - State or Territory nominated] 482 [Temporary Skill shortage visa - Short Term Stream], 487 [Regional Sponsor Migration Scheme], 494 [Skilled Employer Sponsored Regional (Provisional) - Employer-sponsored stream], 491 [Skilled Work Regional (Provisional visa) - State of Territory nominated].
Assessing Authority: VETASSESS
-Geologist is a VETASSESS Group A occupation
Assessment: Not done yet.
Experience: 3 years (Geologist: 04/2015 to 10/2018).
IELTS: Not done yet.

Wife:
Degree: B.Sc. 2013 - 2017 (in Local Government Studies).
Experience: 4 years ad 4 months (Account officer: 09/2017 to 01/2022).
10 months (Credit control officer: 02/2022 to /11/2022).
She has AAT and ICAN. I was told ICAN doesn't work for Australia, which is why I don't detail that.
Occupation: Account officer is not on the skilled occupation list.
ANZSCO Code: XXXXXXXXX
VISA: XXXXXXXXX
IELTS: Not yet done

Please, kindly advise on the most viable route for us.

Specific questions: (1) Do I need IELTS results for the assessment (VETASSESS is the authority)?
(2) Does PhD period also count as experience for AU PR?

I found the statements below on the VETASSESS page and I don't have a clear understanding of bullet (now number) 2. Please, note that my PhD is technically 4 years.
"Geologist(ANZSCO Code 234411)
This occupation requires a qualification assessed as comparable to the education level of an Australian Qualifications Framework (AQF) Bachelor Degree or higher degree and in a field highly relevant to the nominated occupation.

In addition to the above, it is essential for applicants to meet the following employment criteria:

1. at least one year of post-qualification employment at an appropriate skill level,
2. undertaken in the last five years,
3. working 20 hours or more per week, and
4. highly relevant to the nominated occupation.
Please note in order to achieve a successful Skills Assessment Outcome, a positive assessment for both qualifications and employment is required."

I am sorry for my long epistle. I just wish to get things right.

Thank you in anticipation for your advice and guidance.

Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by nne79: 5:36pm On Feb 10, 2023
Saynoomore:
I received a Positive Assessment from Vetassess today. I thought it was going to be a Certificate grin. It was just a letter.

The funny part was that they removed 1 year from my work experience, and instead of 9 years, I was given 7.66 (as at Sept 2022). My question is can I still claim 8 yrs? I understand that 8 yrs can give 20 points.

@ Tunlex, please how can I strategically cast my net for an ITA? Apply to Skillselect for EOI 189 only, then visit the States (perhaps 3 different States) and apply for ROI 190? separately with same email?

Hello, please can I msg you. I am about applying for vetasses assessment and a bit confused. would appreciate a little guidance. thanks
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by Saynoomore: 6:17pm On Feb 10, 2023
nne79:

Hello, please can I msg you. I am about applying for vetasses assessment and a bit confused. would appreciate a little guidance. thanks

Feel free!
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by judisco2019: 6:41pm On Feb 10, 2023
[quote author=NHQGUY post=120776812]

Thank so much. I am in the process of dilling the EOI as advised but I want to know if I am to chose the three subclasses per application or choose one per applicant on different email addresses.

Thanks.
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by NHQGUY: 9:35pm On Feb 10, 2023
[quote author=judisco2019 post=120797321][/quote]

You can use the same email for all.
Select all three subclasses for each but then choose separate (1) states per application.
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by judisco2019: 9:58am On Feb 11, 2023
Thanks once again sir. Please how do i know the states that are open at the moment and for my skill-Rlectrical EngineeringTechnician. If theres a whatsapp group for guidance please also add me.

NHQGUY:

You can use the same email for all.
Select all three subclasses for each but then choose separate (1) states per application.
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by tunlex01(m): 5:09am On Feb 12, 2023
olig:
Good day guys,
@tunlex01 and all others, please advise and guidance.

I am considering the AU PR (or a viable route you know). I have read a little on the topic and comments here. However, I still need some guidance/assistance.

Degrees: PhD 2019 - 2022 (in Applied Geosciences)
M.Sc. 2013 - 2015 (in Geology)
B.Sc. 2006 - 2010 (in Geology)
Group: GROUP 2344; Geologists, Geophysicists and Hydrogeologists
ANZSCO code: 234411
ANZSCO Skill Level: 1
List: STSOL
VISA: 190 [skill nominated], 407 [Training visa], 489 [Skilled Regional (Provisional vias) - State or Territory nominated] 482 [Temporary Skill shortage visa - Short Term Stream], 487 [Regional Sponsor Migration Scheme], 494 [Skilled Employer Sponsored Regional (Provisional) - Employer-sponsored stream], 491 [Skilled Work Regional (Provisional visa) - State of Territory nominated].
Assessing Authority: VETASSESS
-Geologist is a VETASSESS Group A occupation
Assessment: Not done yet.
Experience: 3 years (Geologist: 04/2015 to 10/2018).
IELTS: Not done yet.

Wife:
Degree: B.Sc. 2013 - 2017 (in Local Government Studies).
Experience: 4 years ad 4 months (Account officer: 09/2017 to 01/2022).
10 months (Credit control officer: 02/2022 to /11/2022).
She has AAT and ICAN. I was told ICAN doesn't work for Australia, which is why I don't detail that.
Occupation: Account officer is not on the skilled occupation list.
ANZSCO Code: XXXXXXXXX
VISA: XXXXXXXXX
IELTS: Not yet done

Please, kindly advise on the most viable route for us.

Specific questions: (1) Do I need IELTS results for the assessment (VETASSESS is the authority)?
(2) Does PhD period also count as experience for AU PR?

I found the statements below on the VETASSESS page and I don't have a clear understanding of bullet (now number) 2. Please, note that my PhD is technically 4 years.
"Geologist(ANZSCO Code 234411)
This occupation requires a qualification assessed as comparable to the education level of an Australian Qualifications Framework (AQF) Bachelor Degree or higher degree and in a field highly relevant to the nominated occupation.

In addition to the above, it is essential for applicants to meet the following employment criteria:

1. at least one year of post-qualification employment at an appropriate skill level,
2. undertaken in the last five years,
3. working 20 hours or more per week, and
4. highly relevant to the nominated occupation.
Please note in order to achieve a successful Skills Assessment Outcome, a positive assessment for both qualifications and employment is required."

I am sorry for my long epistle. I just wish to get things right.

Thank you in anticipation for your advice and guidance.

1. IELTS is not required for Vetassess assessment however that is required for nomination/visa application.
2. Nope except you are working during that period and getting paid as a geologist

Vetassess assessed past 10 years but requires that you have an experience that is current (which must be within the last 5 years - technically February 2018). In your case, your experience ended in October 2018. So that means you are eligible. After October 2018, you will not be eligible for assessment.
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by olig(m): 10:34am On Feb 12, 2023
tunlex01:

1. IELTS is not required for Vetassess assessment however that is required for nomination/visa application.
2. Nope except you are working during that period and getting paid as a geologist

Vetassess assessed past 10 years but requires that you have an experience that is current (which must be within the last 5 years - technically February 2018). In your case, your experience ended in October 2018. So that means you are eligible. After October 2018, you will not be eligible for assessment.

Thank you for your time and response @ tunlex01. God bless you.

My PhD was on scholarship (from DAAD, in Germany), not employment. I don't have payslips or employment letter. Only scholarship award letter and stipends is paid monthly into my account. Though my supervisor can give support/reference letter, but I guess that won't still count.
I guess I have to act fast and start now before I dont have any leverage left in term of employment.

Please, any suggestion on the visa category and maybe province/region to look out consider?
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by mumu9gerian: 1:51pm On Feb 12, 2023
tunlex01:

You have gotten a response. So good luck man and congratulations
That third part the question about EOi and 189 and 190. Can you kindly respond to it
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by judisco2019: 5:09pm On Feb 12, 2023
This place have been very helpful to me. I have done the EOI registration on skill select. I used 2 different emails and chose the three subclasses on each of the emails. I also chose NSW and Tasmania on the two emails.
I want to know if there are other states that are still open for nomination on my skill which is Electrical engineering technician.
I also want to know if I am to do any other registration on the website of those states that I chose or just the EOI is enough.
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by Misskaybee: 6:13pm On Feb 12, 2023
Good day all, please I need recommendation of reliable agent that can help process Australian work visa for me.
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by tunlex01(m): 12:54pm On Feb 13, 2023
olig:

Thank you for your time and response @ tunlex01. God bless you.

My PhD was on scholarship (from DAAD, in Germany), not employment. I don't have payslips or employment letter. Only scholarship award letter and stipends is paid monthly into my account. Though my supervisor can give support/reference letter, but I guess that won't still count.
I guess I have to act fast and start now before I dont have any leverage left in term of employment.

Please, any suggestion on the visa category and maybe province/region to look out consider?

You can add all the documents and prepare your application as if you want to assess the Phd as well.
You won’t know if you don’t try.
Visa category is determined by the occupation you select. You will see that on the anzscosearch website when you scroll down.
Get a positive assessment first before moving to the next stage

1 Like

Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by tunlex01(m): 12:54pm On Feb 13, 2023
mumu9gerian:

That third part the question about EOi and 189 and 190. Can you kindly respond to it
Use same email and create multiple EOIs
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by tunlex01(m): 12:56pm On Feb 13, 2023
judisco2019:
This place have been very helpful to me. I have done the EOI registration on skill select. I used 2 different emails and chose the three subclasses on each of the emails. I also chose NSW and Tasmania on the two emails.
I want to know if there are other states that are still open for nomination on my skill which is Electrical engineering technician.
I also want to know if I am to do any other registration on the website of those states that I chose or just the EOI is enough.
Do not select two states in one EOI.
Only select 189 in 1 EoI cos you can only get one 189.
You can select 190/491 in others
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by tunlex01(m): 12:56pm On Feb 13, 2023
Misskaybee:
Good day all, please I need recommendation of reliable agent that can help process Australian work visa for me.
If you are referring to skilled migration and not employer sponsored visa, send me a chat
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by NHQGUY: 1:19pm On Feb 13, 2023
judisco2019:
Thanks once again sir. Please how do i know the states that are open at the moment and for my skill-Rlectrical EngineeringTechnician. If theres a whatsapp group for guidance please also add me.

You can send me a message

1 Like

Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by olig(m): 2:06pm On Feb 13, 2023
tunlex01:

You can add all the documents and prepare your application as if you want to assess the Phd as well.
You won’t know if you don’t try.
Visa category is determined by the occupation you select. You will see that on the anzscosearch website when you scroll down.
Get a positive assessment first before moving to the next stage

Noted!

Thanks a lot for your time and guide.
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by Skypeaceconsult: 6:55pm On Feb 13, 2023
I'm new here. Someone should brief me all I need to know and share sites i need to visit.
I have MSc business administration
10years work experience plus
What's vatesse?
What's EoI?
Skill select

Regards as expect quick reply
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by tunlex01(m): 12:05am On Feb 14, 2023
Skypeaceconsult:
I'm new here. Someone should brief me all I need to know and share sites i need to visit.
I have MSc business administration
10years work experience plus
What's vatesse?
What's EoI?
Skill select

Regards as expect quick reply
Lol…you are not ready. When you are ready, you will read the entire thread.

3 Likes

Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by braine(m): 12:12am On Feb 14, 2023
tunlex01:

I'm telling you, the question tire me sef. LOL!

1 Like

Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by Misskaybee: 12:20pm On Feb 14, 2023
tunlex01:

If you are referring to skilled migration and not employer sponsored visa, send me a chat
Can I please have your email address
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by tunlex01(m): 12:51pm On Feb 14, 2023
Misskaybee:

Can I please have your email address
You can send me a message directly
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by Skypeaceconsult: 8:33pm On Feb 14, 2023
Lol.....short cut am for me plz....you are mean ooo

tunlex01:

Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by evachy: 9:14am On Feb 15, 2023
NHQGUY:

You can send me a message

Please do share for others to benefit
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by Saynoomore: 10:55am On Feb 15, 2023
When is 189 draws happening na? undecided
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by NHQGUY: 12:49pm On Feb 15, 2023
evachy:

Please do share for others to benefit

Make I chop ban
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by Maurex(f): 2:57pm On Feb 15, 2023
Hello everyone. I'm new here. Please I want to enquire on 482 visa.
I am a baker and considering applying for visa sponsorship jobs as a baker. Please is there anyone with this same skill that has successfully used this route? If yes please can you put me through?is it a requirement to do a skills assessment and PTE before I begin applying for the jobs or the skills assessment and English test will be needed only when I want to transition from TSS to PR?

Please I would really appreciate guidance from those experienced in this journey. Thanks a lot
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by olig(m): 5:08pm On Feb 15, 2023
aduktus:

You are not expected to be receiving this amount per annum at the time of your nomination/application - you will be assessed for future potential to earn this much. So, your current job and position, qualifications (especially MSc and PhD), innovative talents, international recognition/awards in your field, publications etc can be evaluated to meet the threshold.

This is interesting. I heard of AU Global talent for the first time today and I started researching immediately. Initially, I thought I am totally out, but it seems you know much about that @aduktus. I have seen some of your previous posts on Global Talent..... Please, check if I have a chance and advise me based on the data below.

Please, how many years of work experience is required for this: could you provide me with the datils of the required work experience?

Degree: PhD (Applied Geociences): Finished in December 2022, just published my thesis a few days ago.
My PhD was with DAAD (German Academic Exchange Service) Scholarship (04/2019 to 12/2022).
Institution: Karlsruhe Institute of Technology (KIT), Germany.
M.Sc.: 2015 (Geology).
Institution: University of Ibadan, Nigeria.
Award: Schlumberger Ocean Plugin Competition for Academia (2014).
B.Sc.: 2010 (Geology).
Institution: Ajayi Crowther University, Nigeria.

Total Publications: 6 (3 first author) published.
3 under review (not first author).

Thank you for your time.

(1) (2) (3) ... (344) (345) (346) (347) (348) (349) (350) ... (388) (Reply)

Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? / U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening / QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.