Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,244 members, 7,811,687 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 05:16 PM

How Much Do You Need To Have In Your Account Before Planning To Settle Down? - Romance (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / How Much Do You Need To Have In Your Account Before Planning To Settle Down? (47152 Views)

How Much Would You Have In Your Account Before Thinking Of Marriage? / Make Sure You Have 30 Billion In Your Account Before I Can Date You- Lady Brags / I Sent N500k To My Fiancée To Open A Shop, She Used It To Settle Family Issues (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Much Do You Need To Have In Your Account Before Planning To Settle Down? by Enugufirstson(m): 8:32pm On May 12, 2018
shocked

Make sure you have a steady source of income.. Cos even if you have 5mil in ur account without any source to be replenishing it,, u will still get broke some day.

But Most importantly marry YOUR FRIEND,, every other thing will fall in place.

4 Likes

Re: How Much Do You Need To Have In Your Account Before Planning To Settle Down? by phr33man(m): 8:35pm On May 12, 2018
In my opinion, all you need to settle down are as follows :

Matured mind
Your missing rib(virtuous working class woman)
An apartment of your own. (maybe rented)
A steady monthly income (even as little as 30000 Naira) .

And trust me, you will(not can) build a house in Lagos.

Note: location in consideration is Lagos o.
Re: How Much Do You Need To Have In Your Account Before Planning To Settle Down? by Nobody: 8:36pm On May 12, 2018
donnaD:

Olaromantic shnapp u and orobo women oo help urslf.
grin grin

1 Like

Re: How Much Do You Need To Have In Your Account Before Planning To Settle Down? by odimbannamdi(m): 8:37pm On May 12, 2018
Neurotika:

Hmmm....

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/06/2-nigerians-90-bank-deposits-ndic/

My figure there was even mild. Cos I wanted to adjust for statistical errors. NDIC claims only 2% of Nigerians have more than the Bank's maximum insured deposits with them which is 500k. The poverty level is staggering. Don't believe the hype on social media.

Hello sir

By "maximum insured deposits" being 500k, does that imply that the maximum amount a bank will repay you in the event of a loss of your savings which isn't your fault is 500k?

Kindly enlighten me.

thanks
Re: How Much Do You Need To Have In Your Account Before Planning To Settle Down? by Mutemenot(m): 8:39pm On May 12, 2018
Cool topic with multiple answers . You just have to chexk yourself well, it's not about what you have in savings. What's your steady income and what level are you operating. Marriage is expensive life time venture, make sure you plan largely

2 Likes

Re: How Much Do You Need To Have In Your Account Before Planning To Settle Down? by kammali: 8:45pm On May 12, 2018
one milloon nira be4 i can marry
Re: How Much Do You Need To Have In Your Account Before Planning To Settle Down? by uniqueflash(m): 8:49pm On May 12, 2018
kimbraa:
If you can feed yourself and two other mouths then you can get married.
what a concise an beautiful answer
Re: How Much Do You Need To Have In Your Account Before Planning To Settle Down? by cantok(m): 8:52pm On May 12, 2018
with a steady source of income and house rent of two years - have between 300k to 700k
Re: How Much Do You Need To Have In Your Account Before Planning To Settle Down? by HarryTellMe(m): 8:53pm On May 12, 2018
bilulu:

same here bro. can a guy dat is having a savings of 500k b thinking of marriage?
Is like you wantu frustrate yasef and somebody daughter?
Anyway, depends on your taste.
If you can live below average lifestyle, with no other major source of income, 500k should make you a king.
Remember house rent and bills, woman upkeep, if belle enter immediately after marriage antenatal and other followcomes...
Not trying to scare you sha.
Me self no get #500k for account
Re: How Much Do You Need To Have In Your Account Before Planning To Settle Down? by bilulu(m): 8:59pm On May 12, 2018
BabaLode:

So, what happens when the 500k gets depleted? Get a JOB/work that will ensure the funds never gets depleted.
there's a job am only talking about d savings for d wedding
Re: How Much Do You Need To Have In Your Account Before Planning To Settle Down? by Nobody: 9:00pm On May 12, 2018
Good day Sir, I love what you stated. But dont you think it will be better you get more than that amount. My prayer is for you to see a loyal, humble, responsible and kind wife. Secondly, think about the numbers kid you wish to have, apart from providing shelter for the family. Create a seperate bank account depending on the number of children you wish to have. And then put up to 500k or A Million - If [Possible] into their accounts without their knowledge, but with your wife or someone you can 100% Trust. After spending years in coaching them on how to live their life. You gather them and put some sense into them on how to setup their own lifes. After that, You can give them access into the money to start a business to avoid suffering in the future, With that alone will make them treat their unborn kids the same way you did to them.

Pleas Note That - Anything Without God Is Useless. Life Is Just Worthless With Him And Money Is Not Everything You Need.

Am Sorry For The Much Words.

2 Likes

Re: How Much Do You Need To Have In Your Account Before Planning To Settle Down? by Omakraid(f): 9:04pm On May 12, 2018
With a good job, an abode and an understanding partner, you don't need all the money in the world to get married.... Many even get married with less than 500k. The amount you spend is nothing compared to your maturity in building the home. I have seen and heard of couples who got married in vigils and normal church service. One just did Sunday Thanksgiving and union blessing after his traditional marriage and people said all sort of things like they don't have money etc, believe me after that wedding they both traveled out and have not returned to Nigeria till date.. What I will tell you is that it's not about the wedding ceremony, it's about the marriage (home) in itself. After the ceremony, it becomes you and your wife with God.
Re: How Much Do You Need To Have In Your Account Before Planning To Settle Down? by zicoraads: 9:07pm On May 12, 2018
What baffles me is how people like cleaners and security marry, have kids and still feed and cloth and send their kids to school. Are they magicians?

2 Likes

Re: How Much Do You Need To Have In Your Account Before Planning To Settle Down? by alklas(m): 9:10pm On May 12, 2018
Gud question Save up 2 100b first bro
Re: How Much Do You Need To Have In Your Account Before Planning To Settle Down? by JuanDeDios: 9:12pm On May 12, 2018
kimbraa:
If you can feed yourself and two other mouths then you can get married.
Who made this rule?
Re: How Much Do You Need To Have In Your Account Before Planning To Settle Down? by Nobody: 9:12pm On May 12, 2018
ideology:

Seriously 6digits is outdated, I support you.

Same way the marriage would fade away when 7 digits suddenly drop to 6 digits or lesser. Ever thought of that? undecided

Just ensure your wife is loyal (contented per time) if you are not planning to commit crime. With that, whatever digit your family is running will not pack up your family, and everybody would still be alive and happy.
Re: How Much Do You Need To Have In Your Account Before Planning To Settle Down? by femijay8271(m): 9:14pm On May 12, 2018
bemejr:
Good day Sir, I love what you stated. But dont you think it will be better you get more than that amount. My prayer is for you to see a loyal, humble, responsible and kind wife. Secondly, think about the numbers kid you wish to have, apart from providing shelter for the family. Create a seperate bank account depending on the number of children you wish to have. And then put up to 500k or A Million - If [Possible] into their accounts without their knowledge, but with your wife or someone you can 100% Trust. After spending years in coaching them on how to live their life. You gather them and put some sense into them on how to setup their own lifes. After that, You can give them access into the money to start a business to avoid suffering in the future, With that alone will make them treat their unborn kids the same way you did to them.

Pleas Note That - Anything Without God Is Useless. Life Is Just Worthless With Him And Money Is Not Everything You Need.

Am Sorry For The Much Words.

I love your words.

2 Likes

Re: How Much Do You Need To Have In Your Account Before Planning To Settle Down? by ideology(m): 9:16pm On May 12, 2018
angelbulksms:

Same way the marriage would fade away when 7 digits suddenly drop to 6 digits or lesser. Ever thought of that? undecided

Just ensure your wife is loyal (contented per time) if you are not planning to commit crime. With that, whatever digit your family is running will not pack up your family, and everybody would still be alive and happy.

Life is choice ooo

I never said marriage depended on digits.

Everyone knows the minimum digits that he or she will be comfy with

You can't buy loyalty neither can you force anyone to be content

I have my goals and
Re: How Much Do You Need To Have In Your Account Before Planning To Settle Down? by pressplay411(m): 9:17pm On May 12, 2018
bilulu:

same here bro. can a guy dat is having a savings of 500k b thinking of marriage?

Marriage is a beautiful experience if done right. Wedding ceremony on the other hand is where the test starts. If you marry right 500k is enough cos there will be mutual understanding even from the spousal family.
If not, 2 million is not even a start.

But many have risked the odds anyway and somehow managed to make it work. If you have the heart for it.
Re: How Much Do You Need To Have In Your Account Before Planning To Settle Down? by Nobody: 9:23pm On May 12, 2018
pedrilo:
I already hav a bungalow which I let out n rciv 350k annually, i work wit a private firm n rciv 120k monthly after tax n pension, i am able to save 100k from dis amount n use 20k for myself monthly, my plan is to either save money n travel out or save up to 5m, use 1m to get a moderate car e.g. Camry, use anoda 1m for wedding n settle down with a lady day can also bring sometin to d table no matter how small. I'm 31 yrs old.
Pls evaluate my plans.

If I get you right, you want to save N100k per month till it reaches N5m, and then use it for wedding/marriage.

Admirable but not wise enough. Because that would require over 4years, with the hope that everything would be fine at your workplace.

Try and figure out a wiser plan.

1 Like

Re: How Much Do You Need To Have In Your Account Before Planning To Settle Down? by pedrilo: 9:27pm On May 12, 2018
angelbulksms:

If I get you right, you want to save N100k per month till it reaches N5m, and then use it for wedding/marriage.

Admirable but not wise enough. Because that would require over 4years, with the hope that everything would be fine at your workplace.

Try and figure out a wiser plan.
obviously u didn't comprehend my comment. I never said i will use the 5m for wedding, read my comment again.

1 Like

Re: How Much Do You Need To Have In Your Account Before Planning To Settle Down? by Nobody: 9:28pm On May 12, 2018
Elfmannisback:
Different ways of committing suicide dey nao.
roflmaoooo
Re: How Much Do You Need To Have In Your Account Before Planning To Settle Down? by oluwasegun007(m): 9:31pm On May 12, 2018
If you got a stable income, you are a go... go...
Re: How Much Do You Need To Have In Your Account Before Planning To Settle Down? by jojothaiv(m): 9:32pm On May 12, 2018
Neurotika:
Different strokes.... Know your level and ensure she also knows it too. Truth is, all you need is a good job that keeps you afloat. Over 70% of Nigerians have less than 500k in their Bank account (NDIC fact). Yet weddings occur every Saturday. So do the math.
So far, so good, this is reality...
Re: How Much Do You Need To Have In Your Account Before Planning To Settle Down? by peacenaija(m): 9:32pm On May 12, 2018
pedrilo:
thanks boss, ur assessment is noted. And yes I live in Lagos n also live close to my office in lagos mainland. I only spend 100 naira as tfare daily. Thanks once again

bros you're lucky, I earn a lil above yours but I spend almost 20k on transport fare... I really love your plan.. how were you able to achieve that I mean the bungalow, i'm a young guy and I also wanna invest and have a good plan.. I don't mind connecting with you online for guidance.. Thanks
Re: How Much Do You Need To Have In Your Account Before Planning To Settle Down? by Pat081: 9:35pm On May 12, 2018
bilulu:

I dnt think so ooo because ur own family will cum or call u wen dey nid something n ur wife too will b thinking of u sending something to dem too not to talk about ur own nid too
Re: How Much Do You Need To Have In Your Account Before Planning To Settle Down? by Pat081: 9:35pm On May 12, 2018
bilulu:

I dnt think so ooo because ur own family will cum or call u wen dey nid something n ur wife too will b thinking of u sending something to dem too not to talk about ur own nid too..
Re: How Much Do You Need To Have In Your Account Before Planning To Settle Down? by Reelmii: 9:38pm On May 12, 2018
bilulu:

Yea I understand d marriage aspect but am actually concerned about d wedding here
it depends on the kind of wedding u want
Re: How Much Do You Need To Have In Your Account Before Planning To Settle Down? by Nobody: 9:40pm On May 12, 2018
pedrilo:
obviously u didn't comprehend my comment. I never said i will use the 5m for wedding, read my comment again.

I admit, I scanned through your post and didn't digest all.

So, you're allocating N1m for wedding.

Fair enough but don't wait till your N5m Savings is complete except you currently don't have a lady you can marry.

If you do, this might be the best period to tie the knot so that you can face other aspects of life.
Re: How Much Do You Need To Have In Your Account Before Planning To Settle Down? by Deji63: 9:41pm On May 12, 2018
s3tt1ngz001:
Question I've been wanting an answer to several times.
I always have this phobia of settling down

Everybody does. I was once like you bro. Just put your mind at rest and search for a soulmate. A woman who seemingly cannot take her eyes off you. A fruliend. Then be mature and take role as the head of the marriage seriously. She will give you all the respect you desire and you will have peace of mind and a happy home to return to.
Re: How Much Do You Need To Have In Your Account Before Planning To Settle Down? by Peterosky(m): 9:42pm On May 12, 2018
My dear,all you need is to make sure you do your wedding according to your financial ability. 500k can give you a good wedding as long as you do not want it to be like Mr A,B,C's wedding. I have attended a wedding where by my calculation, was less than 200k and it was successful,and the family is a happy one till date.I will advise you to give more consideration to the marriage than wedding. Have a wonderful marriage life ahead when you finally take the bold step.
Re: How Much Do You Need To Have In Your Account Before Planning To Settle Down? by tioluwani91: 9:44pm On May 12, 2018
The word he use does not simply means feeding alone, his word also encapsulate other provisions needed in the family.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Lady Who Was Duped And Jilted By 8 Men Finally Got Married In Lagos / Vicky Akins And Sayteh Tenneh: Lesbian Partners Are Engaged (Photos) / SA Girl States Why She Is Terribly "In Love" With Nigerian Men (video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.