Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,100 members, 7,811,093 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 11:11 PM

How Much Do You Need To Have In Your Account Before Planning To Settle Down? - Romance (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / How Much Do You Need To Have In Your Account Before Planning To Settle Down? (47130 Views)

How Much Would You Have In Your Account Before Thinking Of Marriage? / Make Sure You Have 30 Billion In Your Account Before I Can Date You- Lady Brags / I Sent N500k To My Fiancée To Open A Shop, She Used It To Settle Family Issues (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Much Do You Need To Have In Your Account Before Planning To Settle Down? by Toks2008(m): 11:25pm On May 12, 2018
bilulu:
Please house I want to ask is there a certain amount of cash you need to have before planning to settle down? for instance one need to have up-to 500k in his account before thinking of settling down. please I need you input.

Wealth is progressive so as far as you have something generating steady income you are good.
Re: How Much Do You Need To Have In Your Account Before Planning To Settle Down? by Nobody: 11:38pm On May 12, 2018
Enice:
you don't need any particular amount. All you need is a good job or some business/investment that can provides a stable income.

Like N1000 steady stable income lol, Point of correction u must be specific with the amount which should be a reasonable steady income. At least 6 figures monthly.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Much Do You Need To Have In Your Account Before Planning To Settle Down? by starboyflight(m): 11:38pm On May 12, 2018
When you see this school fee alone. Then ori e a pe! 150k isn't enough for a bachelors comfort monthly. But in all, don't let time pass you before making your move! My parents had no dime when they married.. but today, it's all joy. That was back in the days though. Now it's a cold world. Use your head and don't marry a slay mama! The worse than worst thing is knowing your wife fvcks around trying to get her needs met. Kere o

Re: How Much Do You Need To Have In Your Account Before Planning To Settle Down? by Nobody: 11:49pm On May 12, 2018
pedrilo:
i pay utilities n tfare but very very small amount. But I live like a student, no frivolous spending or carrying women n giving dem tfare. I live like I will enjoy later.

But pls don't tell me u spend only 20k monthly.
Re: How Much Do You Need To Have In Your Account Before Planning To Settle Down? by bouncin04(m): 12:01am On May 13, 2018
Peterosky:
My dear,all you need is to make sure you do your wedding according to your financial ability. 500k can give you a good wedding as long as you do not want it to be like Mr A,B,C's wedding. I have attended a wedding where by my calculation, was less than 200k and it was successful,and the family is a happy one till date.I will advise you to give more consideration to the marriage than wedding. Have a wonderful marriage life ahead when you finally take the bold step.
Read again please
Re: How Much Do You Need To Have In Your Account Before Planning To Settle Down? by Cjayboy: 12:19am On May 13, 2018
My dear,if you have something legitimate doing, I can assure you that even less than #500k can do the marriage work.After that,please get your wife something doing, if at all she doesn't.
Please, be focus because everything is possible.
Every battle is first won in the heart.
Good Morning..

1 Like

Re: How Much Do You Need To Have In Your Account Before Planning To Settle Down? by Platony(m): 12:56am On May 13, 2018
First of all...be optimistic of a reliable source of income, it is very necessary. Though, i had abt 2.2mil in my acc n seriously had a source of income. I invested abt 1.5mil into d marriage event et al. In a nutshell, jst av a good source of income.

4 Likes

Re: How Much Do You Need To Have In Your Account Before Planning To Settle Down? by Neurotika: 1:10am On May 13, 2018
odimbannamdi:

Hello sir

By "maximum insured deposits" being 500k, does that imply that the maximum amount a bank will repay you in the event of a loss of your savings which isn't your fault is 500k?

Kindly enlighten me.

thanks

Banks aren't entitled to pay you anything when they go insolvent. NDIC does that. And the highest they can pay each person is 500k regardless of your bank balance at the time. The controversy that arose due to this made them release the fact I earlier mentioned.
Re: How Much Do You Need To Have In Your Account Before Planning To Settle Down? by zinaunreal(m): 1:14am On May 13, 2018
Platony:
First of all...be optimistic of a reliable source of income, it is very necessary. Though, i had abt 2.2mil in my acc n seriously had a source of income. I invested abt 1.5mil into d marriage event et al. In a nutshell, jst av a good source of income.

You get mind.... And how much did she bring?
Re: How Much Do You Need To Have In Your Account Before Planning To Settle Down? by CofOLandOfPeace(m): 1:16am On May 13, 2018
Re: How Much Do You Need To Have In Your Account Before Planning To Settle Down? by clemmonce(m): 1:25am On May 13, 2018
bilulu:
Please house I want to ask is there a certain amount of cash you need to have before planning to settle down? for instance one need to have up-to 500k in his account before thinking of settling down. please I need you input.
really you want to get married and you are asking this kind of question I am short of words.... you need to really really grow up....
Re: How Much Do You Need To Have In Your Account Before Planning To Settle Down? by blakky97(m): 4:29am On May 13, 2018
kimbraa:
If you can feed yourself and two other mouths then you can get married.
remember the woman will nag without certain things
Re: How Much Do You Need To Have In Your Account Before Planning To Settle Down? by ideology(m): 4:30am On May 13, 2018
angelbulksms:

Buy loyalty? Force loyalty?

Such won't work o.

You train/raise loyalty in her through love, affection, instruction and understanding per time until it is formed in her for you.

It might be better to start the training before marrying the lady so that you can be sure if you would be able to be her husband.

And it is very important. A disloyal wife would put the husband in trouble. It is only a matter of time.

Lol, Bros what you are saying sounds ideal but not a reality.

Ladies of internet age are different.

What percentage of ladies are really teachable.

Use Nairaland for your survey.
Even some village gals don de open eyes.

The world has change ooo

After all your investments they can still walk away.
Re: How Much Do You Need To Have In Your Account Before Planning To Settle Down? by tunary(m): 4:33am On May 13, 2018
kimbraa:
If you can feed yourself and two other mouths then you can get married.
..Quite a funny reply
Re: How Much Do You Need To Have In Your Account Before Planning To Settle Down? by ibietela2(m): 5:29am On May 13, 2018
I know you don't need millions. So long as you have a steady income or a job that brings money.

And don't forget savings
Re: How Much Do You Need To Have In Your Account Before Planning To Settle Down? by ibietela2(m): 5:40am On May 13, 2018
swiz123:

Your question looks childish; the replies you've gotten so far, childish too.

You don't literally need to have 500k in your bank account before thinking of getting married.

You just need to have a steady source of income that will be enough to cater for a family.

A man might be running a business with less than 500k, but he makes steady profits from the business. He might decide to folk out 150k for traditional marriage(depending on the state he intends to marry from), then later he can do church wedding.

Having the mentality that I need to save up to half a million before getting married has kept many men above 35 single.

If you can clothe, feed, provide health care etc for 3 persons comfortably, then getting married shouldn't be a problem.

But while at it, avoid marrying leeches

Thanks, my own problem is i haven't found any
Re: How Much Do You Need To Have In Your Account Before Planning To Settle Down? by ibietela2(m): 5:42am On May 13, 2018
slap1:
Depends on how you plan it. For me, I will do only traditional wedding. That is our culture. If my wife likes church wedding, she can sponsor it. Unless I am marrying a pastor's daughter, I don't see why a pastor should join me and my wife.

My nigga...... smiley
Re: How Much Do You Need To Have In Your Account Before Planning To Settle Down? by pedrilo: 6:32am On May 13, 2018
Holamscoh:

But pls don't tell me u spend only 20k monthly.
i also hav a fixed deposit dat gives me anoda 20k monthly. So that's it.
Re: How Much Do You Need To Have In Your Account Before Planning To Settle Down? by SUNDICOS(m): 6:51am On May 13, 2018
AroOkigbo:
First work on your maturity.
The journey of marriage is not for the fainthearted.

Modified:
FTC!!
I dedicate this to my 5th child (last for now) who turned 3 months same day as I placed this comment grin
My man my man, up you boss

1 Like

Re: How Much Do You Need To Have In Your Account Before Planning To Settle Down? by Eagba(m): 7:10am On May 13, 2018
pedrilo:
thanks boss, ur assessment is noted. And yes I live in Lagos n also live close to my office in lagos mainland. I only spend 100 naira as tfare daily. Thanks once again
my take is, you r almost on a sound footing, but increase the money you spend month, 20k is too small. Saving isn't really the key, keep making shrewd investment, eat better and you r good.
Re: How Much Do You Need To Have In Your Account Before Planning To Settle Down? by Cutehector(m): 7:21am On May 13, 2018
Vizkiz, why do you argue with that girl? She knows nothing.
Re: How Much Do You Need To Have In Your Account Before Planning To Settle Down? by Platony(m): 8:01am On May 13, 2018
zinaunreal:

You get mind.... And how much did she bring?

I didn't allow her, u dnt allow a woman support u financially in u marrying her if u knw u cn afford d rites n ceremony comfortably. U knw women, dey wil use it to insult u one day. Its best u handle tins urself for future references.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Much Do You Need To Have In Your Account Before Planning To Settle Down? by oriyomi56: 8:29am On May 13, 2018
love your plans and am a good saver too,but the part that's baffling me is,you said you're currently earning 120k monthly, and you've gotten a bungalow that you rcv 350k annually and you got the bungalow b4 you clocked 30,pls what was you earning monthly?,how many years it took you to get a land?,the area the property is?,the total cost of the building project? and also what time did you start working considering your age as in when you graduated? cool cool cool
Re: How Much Do You Need To Have In Your Account Before Planning To Settle Down? by oriyomi56: 8:34am On May 13, 2018
I saved tru my nose plus financial discipline, no impulse buying plus I only buy wats important, many ladies called me stingy but I didnt care cos my focus was to build a house for myself b4 I clocked 30 n I did!
Pm me.

love your plans and am a good saver too,but the part that's baffling me is,you said you're currently earning 120k monthly, and you've gotten a bungalow that you rcv 350k annually and you got the bungalow b4 you clocked 30,pls what was you earning monthly?,how many years it took you to get a land?,the area the property is?,the total cost of the building project? and also what time did you start working considering your age as in when you graduated?
Re: How Much Do You Need To Have In Your Account Before Planning To Settle Down? by pedrilo: 9:04am On May 13, 2018
Eagba:
my take is, you r almost on a sound footing, but increase the money you spend month, 20k is too small. Saving isn't really the key, keep making shrewd investment, eat better and you r good.
Lol thanks. Albeit I eat well cos I have a fixed deposit dat gives me anoda 20k monthly. So that's it.
Re: How Much Do You Need To Have In Your Account Before Planning To Settle Down? by pedrilo: 9:24am On May 13, 2018
oriyomi56:
I saved tru my nose plus financial discipline, no impulse buying plus I only buy wats important, many ladies called me stingy but I didnt care cos my focus was to build a house for myself b4 I clocked 30 n I did!
Pm me.

love your plans and am a good saver too,but the part that's baffling me is,you said you're currently earning 120k monthly, and you've gotten a bungalow that you rcv 350k annually and you got the bungalow b4 you clocked 30,pls what was you earning monthly?,how many years it took you to get a land?,the area the property is?,the total cost of the building project? and also what time did you start working considering your age as in when you graduated?
wow see jamb question, Aiit, i'll try to explain;
First, I will say God gave me a job that involves a lot of travelings and nyt allowances, and this really played a major role here
Secondly i started working @26 and was earning 80k which increased over time
The total cost of the building (including land acquisition) is around 5Million.
Re: How Much Do You Need To Have In Your Account Before Planning To Settle Down? by 3verblazing(m): 9:25am On May 13, 2018
pedrilo:
for where? Abeg leave dat side. No be man like me buy porshe of 20m for him babe?
ashualli.. It's 45mil... Some pple no fit afford wating u Don get already.. To dem ur present worth dey like that 45mil... I earn as much as u do as a contract staff in Abuja monthly.. 30yrs.. No reasonable extra pay from anywhere yet.. Except for the little I earn as a graphic designer (seriously working to earn more). N I wan marry next year... Obviously I need a miracle

1 Like

Re: How Much Do You Need To Have In Your Account Before Planning To Settle Down? by vizkiz: 9:26am On May 13, 2018
Cutehector:
Vizkiz, why do you argue with that girl? She knows nothing.

lol
Re: How Much Do You Need To Have In Your Account Before Planning To Settle Down? by pedrilo: 9:30am On May 13, 2018
3verblazing:
ashualli.. It's 45mil... Some pple no fit afford wating u Don get already.. To dem ur present worth dey like that 45mil... I earn as much as u do as a contract staff in Abuja monthly.. 30yrs.. No reasonable extra pay from anywhere yet.. Except for the little I earn as a graphic designer (seriously working to earn more). N I wan marry next year... Obviously I need a miracle
ur miracle is on d way.
Re: How Much Do You Need To Have In Your Account Before Planning To Settle Down? by Enice(m): 9:32am On May 13, 2018
Holamscoh:

Like N1000 steady stable income lol, Point of correction u must be specific with the amount which should be a reasonable steady income. At least 6 figures monthly.
first, I said a GOOD job. You should know that the word good means comfortable/pleasing/okay/acceptable etc. Is N1000 a month comfortable for even a child? Then I used the word "OR" a stable business/investment. The word OR relates the word GOOD in a positive manner. It means you can work as an employee or be a business man. In both case, you should be able to provide for yourself and an expected family. Now as regards the amount, what I would say is that all fingers are not equal. People differ. I have seen married guys make do with N70k a month and doing well. Also, i have seen guys that earn N500k but are broke before the end of the month. It is all about your potentials and believing in yourself that you will excel. If you believe in yourself, go ahead and do what you want. Don't wait till you are 50yrs to get married all because of money. At 55, your child would be about 4 or 5 yrs which is a shame really.

2 Likes

Re: How Much Do You Need To Have In Your Account Before Planning To Settle Down? by pedrilo: 9:40am On May 13, 2018
Enice:
At 55, your child would be about 4 or 5 yrs which is a shame really.
there is sometin terribly wrong with african mentality that is expanding poverty in our continent.
Take note, having a legit child can never ever be a shame, irrespective of wen u decide to have them.
bros check ur statement very well.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Guys, How Do You Feel When Your Lady Has A Male Bestie? / SA Girl States Why She Is Terribly "In Love" With Nigerian Men (video) / Happy Couple Do The Doggy Pose At A Nite Club In Pre-wedding Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.