Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,002 members, 7,810,788 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:28 PM

How Much Do You Need To Have In Your Account Before Planning To Settle Down? - Romance (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / How Much Do You Need To Have In Your Account Before Planning To Settle Down? (47116 Views)

How Much Would You Have In Your Account Before Thinking Of Marriage? / Make Sure You Have 30 Billion In Your Account Before I Can Date You- Lady Brags / I Sent N500k To My Fiancée To Open A Shop, She Used It To Settle Family Issues (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Much Do You Need To Have In Your Account Before Planning To Settle Down? by Deji63: 9:44pm On May 12, 2018
phr33man:
In my opinion, all you need to settle down are as follows :

Matured mind
Your missing rib(virtuous working class woman)
An apartment of your own. (maybe rented)
A steady monthly income (even as little as 30000 Naira) .

And trust me, you will(not can) build a house in Lagos.

Note: location in consideration is Lagos o.

And the working class ATM. How much will she be earning when oga dey earn 30k that isn't enough for transport in the Metropolis not to talk house rent, feeding the family, school fee and extended family wahala? This your advice get k leg. Marriage needs money.

1 Like

Re: How Much Do You Need To Have In Your Account Before Planning To Settle Down? by mikeyung71(m): 9:45pm On May 12, 2018
i think you should talk to your pastor and your parent
Re: How Much Do You Need To Have In Your Account Before Planning To Settle Down? by pedrilo: 9:47pm On May 12, 2018
peacenaija:

bros you're lucky, I earn a lil above yours but I spend almost 20k on transport fare... I really love your plan.. how were you able to achieve that I mean. the bungalow, am I young guy and I also wanna invest and have a good plan.. I don't mind connecting with you online for guidance.. Thanks
I saved tru my nose plus financial discipline, no impulse buying plus I only buy wats important, many ladies called me stingy but I didnt care cos my focus was to build a house for myself b4 I clocked 30 n I did!
Pm me.

1 Like

Re: How Much Do You Need To Have In Your Account Before Planning To Settle Down? by zinaunreal(m): 9:50pm On May 12, 2018
pocohantas:

Not 500k, N60,000 actually grin.

You must be kidding i guess shocked
Re: How Much Do You Need To Have In Your Account Before Planning To Settle Down? by LegDoLand: 9:50pm On May 12, 2018
pedrilo:
I already hav a bungalow which I let out n rciv 350k annually, i work wit a private firm n rciv 120k monthly after tax n pension, i am able to save 100k from dis amount n use 20k for myself monthly, my plan is to either save money n travel out or save up to 5m, use 1m to get a moderate car e.g. Camry, use anoda 1m for wedding n settle down with a lady day can also bring sometin to d table no matter how small. I'm 31 yrs old.
Pls evaluate my plans.

Considering your achievements, you are doing quite well. But i am quite concerned about your plans and considering your age too. I aint really a fan of late marriage, especially if you can afford to marry earlier, and trust me, you can.

it is understandable if you dont have a ready woman now, but trust me again bro, if you get a decent woman that has her own source of income you will hit your 5m mark and even more within the next 2years.

Judging from the comments on here, it is clear that people think the only reason for getting married is to immediately raise a family. Thats why "raising children" expenses tops the list of their considerations as they dish out advice.

True, procreation is one of the main reasons for getting married, but it has unfortunately become the reason why a lot of guys remain single for long.

Look at it this way, how about marrying the woman you truly love and who has her own source of income, leave off child-bearing for 6months to 1year to enable you both enjoy yourselves, plan your lives and save towards raising a family?

Based on that, i think 500k is sufficient enough to settle down, as long as it doesnt run out, implying there should be an income.

- LegDo Land...give your feet a treat

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Much Do You Need To Have In Your Account Before Planning To Settle Down? by pedrilo: 9:54pm On May 12, 2018
angelbulksms:

I admit, I scanned through your post and didn't digest all.

So, you're allocating N1m for wedding.

Fair enough but don't wait till your N5m Savings is complete except you currently don't have a lady you can marry.

If you do, this might be the best period to tie the knot so that you can face other aspects of life.
I appreciate u sir. The goal is to marry at 35, that's if I dnt travel out of naija. No lady for now.

2 Likes

Re: How Much Do You Need To Have In Your Account Before Planning To Settle Down? by peacenaija(m): 9:54pm On May 12, 2018
pedrilo:
I saved tru my nose plus financial discipline, no impulse buying plus I only buy wats important, many ladies called me stingy but I didnt care cos my focus was to build a house for myself b4 I clocked 30 n I did!
Pm me.

wow.. I've sent you a mail
Re: How Much Do You Need To Have In Your Account Before Planning To Settle Down? by Nobody: 9:57pm On May 12, 2018
ideology:

Life is choice ooo

I never said marriage depended on digits.

Everyone knows the minimum digits that he or she will be comfy with

You can't buy loyalty neither can you force anyone to be content

I have my goals and

Buy loyalty? Force loyalty?

Such won't work o.

You train/raise loyalty in her through love, affection, instruction and understanding per time until it is formed in her for you.

It might be better to start the training before marrying the lady so that you can be sure if you would be able to be her husband.

And it is very important. A disloyal wife would put the husband in trouble. It is only a matter of time.
Re: How Much Do You Need To Have In Your Account Before Planning To Settle Down? by Nobody: 9:59pm On May 12, 2018
pedrilo:
I appreciate u sir. The goal is to marry at 35, that's if I dnt travel out of naija. No lady for now.

Oh, I see. All the best.

1 Like

Re: How Much Do You Need To Have In Your Account Before Planning To Settle Down? by kingsolomon2020(m): 9:59pm On May 12, 2018
grin

1 Like

Re: How Much Do You Need To Have In Your Account Before Planning To Settle Down? by pedrilo: 10:00pm On May 12, 2018
LegDoLand:

Considering your achievements, you are doing quite well. But i am quite concerned about your plans and considering your age too. I aint really a fan of late marriage, especially if you can afford to marry earlier, and trust me, you can.

it is understandable if you dont have a ready woman now, but trust me again bro, if you get a decent woman that has her own source of income you will hit your 5m mark and even more within the next 2years.

Judging from the comments on here, it is clear that people think the only reason for getting married is to immediately raise a family. Thats why "raising children" expenses tops the list of their considerations as they dish out advice.

True, procreation is one of the main reasons for getting married, but it has unfortunately become the reason why a lot of guys remain single for long.

Look at it this way, how about marrying the woman you truly love and who has her own source of income, leave off child-bearing for 6months to 1year to enable you both enjoy yourselves, plan your lives and save towards raising a family?

Based on that, i think 500k is sufficient enough to settle down, as long as it doesnt run out, implying there should be an income.

- LegDo Land...give your feet a treat
thanks, no woman for now and I'm not really desperate abt it. Wen she comes, she'll be happy cos av prepared a place for her already.

1 Like

Re: How Much Do You Need To Have In Your Account Before Planning To Settle Down? by BeemaxWorld: 10:04pm On May 12, 2018
vizkiz:

Maybe I am not intelligent enough but isn't feeding limited to food?

What about other responsibilities that comes with marriage?

Clothing?

School fees?

Bills?

Transportation?

500k is not even enough for a bachelor not to talk of a family man.

Well you are a lady, you can't understand half of it.

Try and be sensible Abeg. Your blue typing is catching so much attention but what you are trying to say is not making any sense.

If you don't understand what the op is talking about you don't know how to answer his question abeg rest and stop forming intellectual for nonsense.

2 Likes

Re: How Much Do You Need To Have In Your Account Before Planning To Settle Down? by newjosboy: 10:04pm On May 12, 2018
Neurotika:
Different strokes.... Know your level and ensure she also knows it too. Truth is, all you need is a good job that keeps you afloat. Over 70% of Nigerians have less than 500k in their Bank account (NDIC fact). Yet weddings occur every Saturday. So do the math.
I concur, you will see a keke Napep rider gets a nice decent wedding and still feeds and maintains his family. If you weigh so much on a certain amount, I guarantee you to be single till d age if 60. Its not about the money, but how disciplined your are to be judicious with the regular income you have.
Re: How Much Do You Need To Have In Your Account Before Planning To Settle Down? by Johnadelaide00: 10:05pm On May 12, 2018
pedrilo:
Pm me.

I have a target to finish up a similar project b4 I turn 30 by the start of next year and I intend to get married by then.
Re: How Much Do You Need To Have In Your Account Before Planning To Settle Down? by pedrilo: 10:07pm On May 12, 2018
Johnadelaide00:

I have a target to finish up a similar project b4 I turn 30 by the start of next year and I intend to get married by then.
i wish u well bro.
Re: How Much Do You Need To Have In Your Account Before Planning To Settle Down? by Goldaccumulator: 10:07pm On May 12, 2018
AroOkigbo:
First work on your maturity.
The journey of marriage is not for the fainthearted.
Why is it that in Nigeria once someone talks kg settling down what you all think of first is marriage
Re: How Much Do You Need To Have In Your Account Before Planning To Settle Down? by BeemaxWorld: 10:08pm On May 12, 2018
strong766:
she won't understand... she is a lady and all they are interested on is getting married....and na dem go start to cheat when casala burst

Ode.... Shey na man you go marry Abi. Mumu
Re: How Much Do You Need To Have In Your Account Before Planning To Settle Down? by pedrilo: 10:09pm On May 12, 2018
zicoraads:
What baffles me is how people like cleaners and security marry, have kids and still feed and cloth and send their kids to school. Are they magicians?
lol it all depends on the kind of life u want for urself
Re: How Much Do You Need To Have In Your Account Before Planning To Settle Down? by Goldaccumulator: 10:09pm On May 12, 2018
vizkiz:

You think marriage is all about feeding stomachs?
What is it Abeg. You guys make this marriage look like its one very though bridge

1 Like

Re: How Much Do You Need To Have In Your Account Before Planning To Settle Down? by phr33man(m): 10:15pm On May 12, 2018
Deji63:

And the working class ATM. How much will she be earning when oga dey earn 30k that isn't enough for transport in the Metropolis not to talk house rent, feeding the family, school fee and extended family wahala? This your advice get k leg. Marriage needs money.

My brother, I mentioned matured mind. And I am telling you that I am a living witness of that. I lost my dad 2015. And his salary was 55000 Naira after working for a Lebanese company for over 20years and my mum a teacher earning less than 100k. With their combined effort and maturity, they were able to send 3 of us to school (till university) and now have a house along epe express way and a land along badore road.

My brother, not to bore you with little story about my family. Just to let you know that this is very possible with my aforementioned list.

Peace

1 Like

Re: How Much Do You Need To Have In Your Account Before Planning To Settle Down? by zinaunreal(m): 10:19pm On May 12, 2018
Yusuf4:

500k that cannot even buy food and drinks alone for wedding.

You need to be sure that your annual income is up to 1.2m b4 you can think of settling down and live the life of a poor man. If you want average life, income of 2m annual . Then normal life is 3m annual.
Then to own a car be able to fligh on plane when traveling, you need annual of 5m.

I’m not ready yet even when I earn at least 400k monthly

I have seen the people squandering Nigeria money. Aboki. If people follow your figures they would never reach the alter

3 Likes

Re: How Much Do You Need To Have In Your Account Before Planning To Settle Down? by pedrilo: 10:21pm On May 12, 2018
phr33man:

My brother, I mentioned matured mind. And I am telling you that I am a living witness of that. I lost my dad 2015. And his salary was 55000 Naira after working for a Lebanese company for over 20years and my mum a teacher earning less than 100k. With their combined effort and maturity, they were able to send 3 of us to school (till university) and now have a house along epe express way and a land along badore road.

My brother, not to bore you with little story about my family. Just to let you know that this is very possible with my aforementioned list.

Peace
bros naira no get value again oh. Go market go buy baby tins, sch fees for uni no be beans. In fact naija is drifting backward. Our parents lived in a better country.
Re: How Much Do You Need To Have In Your Account Before Planning To Settle Down? by stilldoingokay(f): 10:23pm On May 12, 2018
kimbraa:
Don't be so myopic.

okay
Re: How Much Do You Need To Have In Your Account Before Planning To Settle Down? by newoffer: 10:41pm On May 12, 2018
bilulu:

same here bro. can a guy dat is having a savings of 500k b thinking of marriage?
. 500k is too small based on cost of things right now. There are ways you can source fund. if u need help send me a mail
Re: How Much Do You Need To Have In Your Account Before Planning To Settle Down? by newoffer: 10:43pm On May 12, 2018
pedrilo:
bros naira no get value again oh. Go market go buy baby tins, sch fees for uni no be beans. In fact naija is drifting backward. Our parents lived in a better country.
. That was then my brother. Right now, the level of miserability is high.
Re: How Much Do You Need To Have In Your Account Before Planning To Settle Down? by phr33man(m): 10:46pm On May 12, 2018
pedrilo:

All these, I know very well. Yet something can be achieved with what I mentioned. Mind you, the poster only wants to know how much he needs to settle down. My brother, 5m Naira isn't even enough to settle down without other maturity, good wife and a self apartment. My list is in order of priority. And I only mentioned 30k/month as the least. I know very well that it will be very rough to start with that. Yet, it is possible.
Re: How Much Do You Need To Have In Your Account Before Planning To Settle Down? by newoffer: 10:49pm On May 12, 2018
newjosboy:

I concur, you will see a keke Napep rider gets a nice decent wedding and still feeds and maintains his family. If you weigh so much on a certain amount, I guarantee you to be single till d age if 60. Its not about the money, but how disciplined your are to be judicious with the regular income you have.
. u need to flow wit people that will ginger u to take bold steps. I had my wedding at d peak of d recession in 2016. All my age grade fail to turn up because of d hardship. Tough though, I started side hurstle along with my meagre salary. I ensure I informed key people I know can support me. I raised a million plus . u need to believe in your project. I helped few of my friends with d scope
Re: How Much Do You Need To Have In Your Account Before Planning To Settle Down? by newoffer: 10:53pm On May 12, 2018
phr33man:

All these, I know very well. Yet something can be achieved with what I mentioned. Mind you, the poster only wants to know how much he needs to settle down. My brother, 5m Naira isn't even enough to settle down without other maturity, good wife and a self apartment. My list is in order of priority. And I only mentioned 30k/month as the least. I know very well that it will be very rough to start with that. Yet, it is possible.
. I took a bold step. what kind of faith u have that will give you the kind of boost u need. u need to network. reach out. I started my journey wit no accommodation. Marriage is expensive. Pray before going into any race. There was more than enough. favor will flow when u both believe.

1 Like

Re: How Much Do You Need To Have In Your Account Before Planning To Settle Down? by Nobody: 10:54pm On May 12, 2018
femijay8271:

I love your words.
Thank You Sir.
Re: How Much Do You Need To Have In Your Account Before Planning To Settle Down? by Nobody: 11:17pm On May 12, 2018
vizkiz:

You think marriage is all about feeding stomachs?

Most nigerian girls faculty of thinking is very shallow.
Re: How Much Do You Need To Have In Your Account Before Planning To Settle Down? by Nobody: 11:19pm On May 12, 2018
ThinkSmarter:
It all depends on ur individuality/taste.
like if u re dreaming to own a car and a good bungalow, u know 500k z no no.
except u plan to own a bike and live in one of ur parents room/rented 1 bedroom apartment

Re: How Much Do You Need To Have In Your Account Before Planning To Settle Down? by Nobody: 11:23pm On May 12, 2018
vizkiz:

Maybe I am not intelligent enough but isn't feeding limited to food?

What about other responsibilities that comes with marriage?

Clothing?

School fees?

Bills?

Transportation?

500k is not even enough for a bachelor not to talk of a family man.

Well you are a lady, you can't understand half of it.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Guys, How Do You Feel When Your Lady Has A Male Bestie? / SA Girl States Why She Is Terribly "In Love" With Nigerian Men (video) / Happy Couple Do The Doggy Pose At A Nite Club In Pre-wedding Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.