Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,554 members, 7,819,980 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:52 AM

44chux's Posts

Nairaland Forum / 44chux's Profile / 44chux's Posts

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (of 18 pages)

Properties / Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by 44chux(m): 7:21pm On Oct 14, 2023
twinskenny:
We sent our bill regarding what will work and of cause we have competitors!! Decision was made… client went for the lesser one

But then after 4 month panels start fading away….

#do it right

Do you care to throw more light on solar panel fading?

How do you know it doesn't stop at aesthethics alone

1 Like

Properties / Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by 44chux(m): 8:13am On Oct 13, 2023
rukyboy:

Between lithium and wet cell batteries.

Which one is better and more durable
Wet Cell beats all round.

Lithium is only considered when compact (small form) is required and/or when it would be used in indoor spaces without adequate ventilation.

Nigerians generally just go with the trend (which is now lithium)
Properties / Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by 44chux(m): 11:53am On Oct 11, 2023
Reeefe:

Do u mean if u want to suspend 1m of beam u have have at least 2 to 3 meters of that beam resting on a solid support wall or pillars ?

YES ( as per rule of thumb)

However, if money / cost is not a problem, it can be designed to eliminate the need for a counterweight

1 Like

Properties / Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by 44chux(m): 8:34pm On Oct 10, 2023
@n3xt

Your desperation is desperate.

Stop jumping on mentions / opportunities for comments

Maybe you need to choose between a fresh start with a new moniker, or some sort of recompense.

In my experience, you will continue to loose in this fight using this your strategy.

How many people want run with you offline without background checks? This is not year 2011. Gen-Z are not smiling oo

Just my friendly advice as someone who has seen it all before

15 Likes

Properties / Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by 44chux(m): 8:27pm On Oct 10, 2023
sonnie10:

If you can get this machine and the power brush, the whole of that stuff could be taken care of in less than 30 mins. It will look as good as new without even using any chemical.

Very true ooo.

But this would likely be DIY, unless one has a tech savvy relative/ employee

Most Nigerians and by extension, mai-guards don't appreciate using non familiar power tools

For me, the goal of most Nigerians remain to avoid periodic maintenance, which is what this solution offers
Properties / Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by 44chux(m): 7:45pm On Oct 10, 2023
Iriruaga100:

We just completed the plastering. Site is very close to Warri. I paid 570k for 30tons granite in June and you guys in Lagos, Ogun get it for 370k.

On the plastering charges,
Ones mileage may differ based on many many factors.

Some plastering are done without taking plum / level, while some use too much mud to make it faster and smoother, but these will result in major superficial cracks later on. While yet some go low, in the hopes of other non connected but anticipated gains in-view

Then again, we don't know if he had a relationship/connection /business history that resulted in the subsidy

1 Like

Properties / Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by 44chux(m): 7:20pm On Oct 10, 2023
Reeefe:

Can u run me a breakdown on how those suspended varrenders are able to balance their weight. Say a 2m suspended beam coming from a 7m long wall
Technically one can have an unlimited cantilever span provided one has more than twice the weight (from the mass/length of the span) on the other side acting as a counterbalance.

The problem is that the beam depth(as in thickness /deepness lol) increases with the span. At a point, it becomes uneconomical

Nigerian engineers are just lazy and prefer to work with rules of thumb rather than run their own bending moment and acceptable deflection calculations each time

1 Like

Properties / Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by 44chux(m): 7:10pm On Oct 10, 2023
CircleOfWilis:
I want to use zinc to roof my project.. Which brand is the best (best quality) pls
Regular zinc is very very noisy during rains.
Please beware. Even aluminium less than 0.5 is also considered noisy. Noisy as in you cannot have normal conversation while it's raining.

Pop reduces but doesn't completely eliminate the noise.

2 Likes 1 Share

Properties / Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by 44chux(m): 6:59pm On Oct 10, 2023
Reeefe:

But I have heard alot of plumbers complaining about the maintenance of this bio digester system. And I have also seen many landlords who did it scrapping it n doing the regular soakaway system . What could be the down side of this bio digester system?

As long as you inform your family not to flush household bleach or similar harsh chemicals down the toilet, you should be fine.

If you must use antiseptic soaps and similar cleaning agents, then you have to routinely pour biomass into one of the toilets and flush it into the septic tank.

The normal septic tank works on the same principle but is more tolerant of abuse due to massive size/ volume

Odour occurs either when their is insufficient air (blocked vents) or harsh chemicals has destroyed the aerobic bacterial population. Once that happens, the anaerobic bacteria begins to thrive and the byproduct is the odour

1 Like 1 Share

Properties / Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by 44chux(m): 6:53pm On Oct 10, 2023
Godisgreatest1:

Good evening Sir,

I was told by a friend that have similar issue that it is common in clustered areas of a compound that is devoid of sunlight.

I'm almost at this stage, I once read here that stamp Concrete doesn't allow the growth of the greenish organisms. I stand to be corrected.

Well done.

The final coat on a stamped concrete floor (applied with a brush, as if like applying normal paint) is usually an acrylic sealer that is UV resistant, meant to enhance the appearance by forming a high-gloss, “wet look” and is also highly water-repellent.

Nothing can grow on it while inplace. But the problem is when they are too economical in its application, then foot and vehicular passage erodes it easily.

Ironically, the same high traffic that would erode the coating, will also guarantee no algae will grow/survive on the interlocking bricks.

Regular sweeping helps prevent the algae. Chemical / bleach is used when no colour pigments are used in the interlocking

1 Like 1 Share

Properties / Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by 44chux(m): 3:22pm On Oct 03, 2023
UC92:

The right thing to do is to engage a town planner to get the layout designs; drainage system, power/telecommunication lines, road networks, subdivision of plots etc. when that is done get a chartered architect to design the buildings.

NB: the planner must work with a survey plan. so the chain is more like from surveyor to planner then to architect.

In my experience, the architect is the cost effective bridge to all these.

Registered Survey Plan is supposed to have been gotten immediately after acquisition.
This plan is then submitted to the architect who works with the town planning and others like registered structural engr., electrical engr etc up until the plan is approved.
Then you submit the approved plan to a quantity surveyor (if you think cost estimates are required)

I once submitted a building plan for approval myself. If you see protocol, you go fear FEAR.
Bring this , bring that, where is the coren registration of this and that (as if coren registration wasn't shown inside their stamps already). It was akin to going to a govt office for a request, and then refusing to pay bribe. My Structural Engr advised me to go through one of the office boys or through my engineer. I chose the later and the approval came out next day.

The architect will manage the co-ordination until approval is given.

Never let your person be at the mercy of civil servants. I am yet to meet a town planner running a wholly private practice
Properties / Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by 44chux(m): 12:01pm On Oct 03, 2023
Born2conquer:
Hello Family. I have 30 plots of land I would like to convert into an estate with proper designs like drainage systems, layout, fencing that would shield it out from the other area. Most importantly, the layouts, I want it to be way different from every other communities in the whole area.

Who do I reach out for the professional design? An architect or an estate surveyor? And how much would that cost.

NB: This is a long term goal
The Estate Surveyor generally cover the administrative and business side of having an estate.
The architect designs the buildings and supporting infrastructure. The architect is also meant to supervise the civil/building engr. to ensure they don't deviate from the initial design

One question: Are you building to make a statement ?
OR
Are you building for business ?

There is a very good reason why people copy existing designs. Ship designs have not changed since the 1940s.
The popular mantra is: If it isn't broken, then don't fix it (unless one has deep pockets)

Building different-styled layout means you want something totally new to the locality. Getting the design is easy but during construction you might need to import ALL the workers for the job. Using local workers means they will use your project as their classroom, meaning costly mistakes.

Also you gave the impression of being new to building construction.
Building Estates are quite expensive ooo.

1 Like

Properties / Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by 44chux(m): 11:50am On Oct 03, 2023
ishadfurnitures:
Chat me for a proper guild designs, bill of quantities and full total planning, sketching and construction 08099212590

He asked 2 questions and you answered none.

I am generally suspicious of folks who try to corner forum members without first providing any sort of initial assistance

Born2conquer:

Who do I reach out for the professional design? An architect or an estate surveyor? And how much would that cost.

NB: This is a long term goal

6 Likes

Properties / Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by 44chux(m): 4:46pm On Oct 02, 2023
Stopthecap:
Report too who? and what will they do?

It is supposed to trigger an auto ban after a number of reports

2 Likes

Properties / Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by 44chux(m): 3:37pm On Oct 02, 2023
Godisgreatest1:
Don't say nobody told you.

The 'Resident Serial Fraudster' is here disguising as an architect, builder, contractor and now he has turned into a welder.

HE IS DESPERATE TO STEAL FROM YOU.

He sits all day in front of a computer claiming to be what he is NOT.

PLEASE DO YOUR INVESTIGATION.
Kind Sir,

Let us not continue to imitate our Minister (David Umahi) who locked out workers rather than using the system and following the civil service rules.

I propose we all REPORT any subsequent post from the moniker, rather than derailing thread.

Which Rules Were Broken?:
8. Don't post false information on Nairaland.
9. Don't use Nairaland for illegal acts, e.g scams, plagiarism, hacking, gay meetings, incitement, promoting secession.

2 Likes

Properties / Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by 44chux(m): 1:39pm On Oct 02, 2023
michlins:
3500 is factory price. When you add transportion(1100/l of diesel) plus warehousing and profit, expect around 4200 to 4500.

Someone made an in depth analysis of the whole thing
We should expect lower diesel prices as FG suspends VAT for 6-months

1 Like

Properties / Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by 44chux(m): 1:05pm On Oct 02, 2023
Micky4rl:
Dude is an unrepentant idiot who should be banned completely on Nairaland. He's a scourge of the earth.

Nothing about unrepentance here!

Dude is just trying to survive by staying relevant / in the news!

That's how desperation works. A person rich enough to gift a laptop will not be bothered about stating the specs for online validation. One just cannot achieve perfection in anything (including fraud, packaging, faking it, etc) once desperation sets in.

Do you know why established names like Hajji Mufutau55, EgunMogaji, Spyder880 ,et all, do not bother to comment?
Sometimes I wonder how some of us get such amount of free time, yet our productivity is rock bottom.

Everything that can be said, has been said repeatedly. If any newbie falls for the honeypot, then it is because they did not do even an iota of due diligence. In such case, it is for the better for them, in the sense that they learnt the hard lesson about life sooner rather than later.

Legally, it is BUYER BEWARE!!!
Caveat emptor ("let the buyer beware" ) that the onus of due-diligence lies solely on the buyer

11 Likes

Properties / Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by 44chux(m): 3:30pm On Oct 01, 2023
visaclick:
grin grin Next you are really delivering them headache here grin grin though you might be a thief but i like your cunning cunning nature and that is why i refused to reply some dumb fools up there. They have your headache to deal with grin
grin
Properties / Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by 44chux(m): 3:41pm On Sep 30, 2023
rotecch77:

Your bargain capacity depends on the percentage you are paying it’s not rigged.
Even if law and books says so so amount. How many people are ready to pay that.

When someone even said Engr’s work is not relevant in construction work. ….( i laugh in Swahili ).
Bcs it’s a waste of money according to that person.

Wetin I no sef… person go explain tired no evidence.

—///
On side note, for your plumbing materials sale and services we are still available for that PLUS BUILDING CONSTRUCTION WORK BOTH NEW AND RENOVATION WORK

@rotecch77

When you charge for plumbing work, do you also charge labor as a percentage?
Properties / Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by 44chux(m): 1:22pm On Sep 30, 2023
rotecch77:
Some have turned This thread to charity organization.
“It’s waste of money to hire engineers but it’s good to have there professional idea when it’s needed here for free.
Nothing wey musa no go see for gate.

The problem for me is the charging in percentage!!

When you charge for plumbing work, do you also charge labor as a percentage?

Maybe you can explain to me why your labor charges has to vary widely between when I choose cheap sanitary wares vs the expensive ones

I was fortunate to get engineers that charge per milestone.
Milestone =
From foundation to DPC
DPC to Lintel
DPC to Deck/Slab
Roofing
Finishing (plastering, windows ,doors ,plumbing ,etc)

3 Likes

Properties / Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by 44chux(m): 12:59pm On Sep 30, 2023
mufutau55:
Has anybody installed Felicity Solar System in their project? I need to know the reliability of this system before I delved into it.
I was going for Victron but the price is high now, I am a kobo-kobo man with no deep pockets.
Advantage and Dis-advantage of this Felicity Solar System will be appreciated.
I am interested in the 10kva Hybrid with Lithium Battery setup.
Thank you.

Hajji M.
In my experience, well known (read as expensive) brands cost twice more than these alternatives. But they normally (normally, because they are equally affected by surges) outlast them by far, because they are built to last.

It is not like the those ones will fail completely, but there will usually be one reason, or another, why they might need to visit the workshop. However, they always return back to work.

Note: I haven't used any felicity product, but I have used about 10 different ones (including popular Indian models eg Genus, Luminous, ipower, Bluegate, etc) that are all hovering around the same price point. So my assumption is that they will all behave the same in-terms-of reliability.

However, I bought one Victron and one midnite solar for different projects in 2016, and there has not been any reason to re-boot, talk less of inviting a technician till date.

It all depends on the monetary value you attach to peace of mind

1 Like

Properties / Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by 44chux(m): 11:29am On Sep 17, 2023
UC92:
The story of our country Nigeria.

My brother do you know that a white friend of mine (French Man) in Lafarge Cement Company, Cross River, confined to me that our marketers and politicians are our biggest problem and hindrances of progress in this country, he said that until last month august 2023, that their company price of cement was #1,500. That they recently added #300 making #1,800 because of the recent Dollar to Naira crash.

He said that they have only five patent marketers (distributors) of which most of them are top politicians and political godfathers. The French Man told me that these 5 marketers and other patent cement marketers across Nigeria are the ones that determine the cement price to consumers.

The man said that they were shocked to know that cement which they produce with about 95 percent of the raw materials being sourced in Nigeria here are sold to Nigerians over #5,000 per a bag.

Is really a pity, according to him, the marketers used the patency agreement to ensure that the individual retailers and consumers are not sold to, to maintain their monopoly and price control.

So my brother, this is just the cement sector only, the same thing goes to petroleum sector, food sector etc. So you see why God cannot come from heaven to change things in Nigeria, the masses have to rise and revolt to save them themselves and children from clutches of these few greedy men, or they will all die of hardship and sufferings with their generation.

If you think that things will suddenly turned around for good by these Criminal leaders, cartels and political elites, by just praying to God, without God fearing and purposeful leader taking over the affair of our survival, we will pray until we die all

copied

That's monopoly! It is standard ops! Except that in advance societies, there are anti trust laws to combat this

2 Likes

Properties / Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by 44chux(m): 11:22am On Sep 17, 2023
AngelicBeing:
Hmmmmmm sad

My boss used to say: "unionism is part of the business, so deal with it".

Entitlement mentality is part of our culture. Know this and know peace.

In construction, 99% of workers think that the bigger the project, then the richer the client, and consequently the more they are supposed to HARMLESSLY skimm off the top.

Then again, there is our kobo kobo mentality. If they tell you it will cost 300m for that duplex, you may never start. So they tell you what they think will encourage you to start first and kick the ball rolling. Your financial maturity and the age/experience of the contractor tries to counter balance this though.

1 Like

Properties / Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by 44chux(m): 5:32am On Sep 17, 2023
inze:

@44chux

care to shed more light?

Impressive work you pulled up there, i must say

I got some high (26%) efficiency (expensive) Sunpower 300W panels from this company (https://services.totalenergies.ng/solar-solutions/totalenergies-solar-home-and-industrial-solutions)

and other low (17%) efficiency (cheap) 250W panels from a local contractor.

I wanted to see which type provided value for money.

During installation we had a sudden wind storm that blew away some panels. Total replaced theirs under warranty while the local contractor refused.

I never quite finished the thread ironically due to brabus / QC1 / Egunmogaji bashings which made me loose motivation!
Brabus has come a long way in terms of knowledge and competence, but for the dishonest part. But the thing is, dishonesty is actually part of the business (If you know, you know).

Hope this answers your question
Properties / Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by 44chux(m): 4:25am On Sep 16, 2023
Just to contribute my 2-cents to the Solar debate:
I went off-grid in 2016 for about 4-years.
Currently back on the grid because I felt I needed to remove my water heaters from the solar system. However the grid is serving as back-up.

44chux:
Solar car park during construction

1 Like

Properties / Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by 44chux(m): 4:11am On Sep 16, 2023
twinskenny:
5kva solar /inverter setup at Unilag yaba lagos

08051355133 let’s talk

I hate to be the bringer of bad news but:

That inverter will be exposed to wet air (with high relative humidity) during windy rain (especially from the sides).

It will lead to accelerated corrosion of electrodes and terminals. But most important, it damages the paper-based transformer winding insulation which is sensitive to moisture.

My recommendation would be to install the inverter inside, below the window, drill a-half-inch hole into the wall, and run the battery cables from there. Or ditch the follow-come battery cables, install in a comfortable place inside, and run 35mm cables from inverter to battery

As per the solar panels, they may loose efficiency during hot weather due to insufficient void space between the panels and the roof

5 Likes

Properties / Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by 44chux(m): 11:38am On Jul 04, 2023
gbadexy:

I noticed that most oil based coatings not in direct contact with naked flames withstand heat well, particularly the matte type.
I've applied them on generator exhaust pipe and a roasting cabinet.
You may try them.
Will do
Properties / Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by 44chux(m): 10:22am On Jul 04, 2023
gbadexy:
Another successful deliveries.
Privacy concerns restricted the posting of finished painting pictures of recently finished painting jobs.
Feedbacks and reviews would be appreciated by our esteemed clients.
There is a promo on machine spray application for the raining season.
Interested persons may take advantage of this offer for a superb finish.
Do you have any local solution for Hot-Stove/BBQ grill painting?

Something that can withstand 400oC?
Properties / Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by 44chux(m): 9:05pm On Jun 22, 2023
Lol

Properties / Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by 44chux(m): 6:27pm On Jun 22, 2023
ThugCheetah:
Bro please can you send me small mtn card

Properties / Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by 44chux(m): 10:40pm On Jun 21, 2023
Properties / Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by 44chux(m): 7:26pm On Jun 21, 2023
Born2conquer:

They didn't tender the document they have, they merely specified in the court summon letter that they have the survey they did in 1990 and the stamp duty to back up for the fact, and the agreement with the seller (Let's use MR A as the seller).

The person we got it from bought thr land from the true land owners, the actual family (those that owns the whole village)/as far back as 20years ago and they also have the survey, agreement and co to back it up. After MR A died, MR A's family and lawyer said the whole area belongs to their father and that people should repurchase the land or risk losing it. So the people we bought it from paid another money for the land to late Mr. A's family.

So that's it.
If you can provide any evidence in court, showing payment to late Mr. A's family, the court will strike out the case most likely

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (of 18 pages)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.