Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,622 members, 7,823,725 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 01:59 PM

The New Girl - Literature (16) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The New Girl (134576 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The New Girl by Ann2012(f): 5:08pm On Mar 22, 2019
izaray:
Kelvin thought he can easily use flower and chocolate to win Susan's love back

What lubbish and nonsense ingredient wink Mtcheeeew

grin
Re: The New Girl by Ann2012(f): 5:11pm On Mar 22, 2019
izaray:
Kelvin thought he can easily use flower and chocolate to win Susan's love back

What lubbish and nonsense ingredient wink Mtcheeeew

grin
Re: The New Girl by Samuelsmart22(m): 5:56pm On Mar 22, 2019
What a joy giving episode, I'm so happy mehn grin Op, even if Kelvin and Daniel had gotten into a fight, Daniel is sure gonna win. Lol.

Nice one, Op, thank you. Please let the next episode roll in sharply, we can't wait
Re: The New Girl by skubido(m): 7:32pm On Mar 22, 2019
Good for him.

Tanks for the update
Re: The New Girl by FortunateB(f): 10:47pm On Mar 22, 2019
Just the way I wanted it to happen #Sandan#

Nice one, keep it up.

1 Like

Re: The New Girl by jrapkiss(m): 12:48am On Apr 03, 2019
so asemark finally abandoned this sweet story just for comments?

1 Like

Re: The New Girl by yungbanks(m): 12:54pm On Apr 11, 2019
Sweet more please?
Re: The New Girl by jrapkiss(m): 7:05am On Apr 14, 2019
pls update next episode na , the wait is too long
Re: The New Girl by Samuelsmart22(m): 1:12pm On Apr 14, 2019
#Asemark Enu gbe na cry What's up? .Please more Episodes
Re: The New Girl by XionTemmy(m): 7:53pm On Apr 14, 2019
Nice one. Kelvin has been defeated now.
Re: The New Girl by Nobody: 10:20pm On Jun 27, 2019
Line Of Sight
Since they had no lectures today, Edwin, Felix and Clement had decided to chill in Daniel's room to watch a movie on Edwin's laptop. Daniel on the other hand had been busy on his phone since his friends got there.
"Daniel, what have you been doing on your phone since morning? Come join us," Clement insisted.
"Yeah, I'm coming," he replied with eyes still glued to his phone.
Out of curiosity, Edwin stood up from the bed and tiptoed to Daniel's reading table where he sat to take a peek at what he was doing. At first, it looked like he was just reading random news and articles until he went back to the main Google search page that he then saw that Daniel searched for the words 'How to impress a girl on your first date'.
With his lips widening with excitement, he snatched the phone from Daniels grasp, "Ha ha. Guys, look at what Daniel Google searched."
"Edwin!" Daniel yelled as he flung up the chair. "Give me back my phone."
"Look at this," Edwin said as he threw the phone to Clement before Daniel could get to him.
Clement caught it and looked at the search bar. He laughed as he finished reading it. Daniel began advancing towards him and he immediately passed the phone to Felix who got up from the bed as soon as Daniel landed on it. He read it and also laughed.
"Lover boy." he laughed as Daniel got to him and snatched the phone from his grip.
"You guys are so annoying," Daniel stated and went to his reading table.
"But it's funny, Danny boy. You Googling up that when you have the master of the ladies like me around," Edwin boasted.
"Ooh really? Tell me, how many 'real' dates have you gone on since you were born?"
"So many!"
"And how many of them have dated you because of you and not because of your dad's position?"
"A..." Edwin began but stop as reality struck him. Truly, he had gone on quite a number of dates with many women but none of the relationships lasted as the women were just acting up because of Edwin's father's position that was why he decided to take a break from women for the mean time.
"Yeah... That's what I thought," Daniel pointed out as he resumed with his phone.
"Daniel, that wasn't cool," Felix said.
Daniel turned around and saw Edwin still with a blank face, ''C'mon Eddy, you know I didn't mean it."
"No, it's fine," he stated as he grabbed his phone from the bed. "It's 10:33am. I'm heading to the cafeteria for breakfast," he added before walking out of the room.
"Edwin, wait up," Clement said before shutting down the laptop and leaving the room with Felix.
"Gosh!" Daniel sighed.
"Eddy, you know that Daniel merely said that out of annoyance," Clement said as he and Felix got to the table where Edwin sat.
Edwin sighed, "I know. But there's truth in what he said and it got me thinking that I might never get a good woman for myself."
"Well, I don't believe in that. There are still good girls out there. You just haven't found that one," Clement encouraged.
"Yeah, I agree with Clement," Felix added.
"You know what, I'm calling of my relationship break," Edwin said. "And I'm reopening with that girl," he added and pointed to a girl on the cafeteria stand.
He got up and walked with so much confidence to where the girl stood. He was going back to the game and this time, he was gonna bringing his A game.
"Hey beautiful." he winked and smiled as he got to the girl who seem to be waiting for her order. She looked at him, sizing him up in the process before looking away without saying a word.
"Hey beautiful," he repeated but got no reply ones more. "Hey? I'm talking to you?"
"And I don't wanna talk to you. Is that a crime?" she barked.
"Woah! Easy there tiger. A simple 'Hi' won't kill anyone now, would it?"
"With you standing beside me and blabbing all these nonsense from that thing you call a mouth is worse than death to me right now."
Edwin was shocked. No girl has ever spoke to him that way before. But he wouldn't let her comment derail him. "Okay, that was harsh."
"And you will get worse if you don't leave my sight."
"Well, I would've but I can't because guess what,"
She looked at him a scorn on his face. "What?"
He grinned. He was about the drop the phrase that usually get hook any girl he came across, "I had a dream last night and you were in it," He said and did his signature wink.
She first looked at him with utter disbelief. She didn't believe a grown man could say something like that. She began to laugh. She laughed so hard that a tear dropped from her eye and got the attention of some people in the cafeteria. Edwin was a bit off. He was wondering if she was laughing with him or laughing at him. After a while, she wiped the tear and cleared her throat, "Wow! You're unbelievable. Of all the pickup lines of this world, that's the best you could come up with? I never thought I would see this but I have finally seen someone that is dumber than a chicken," she remarked. Just then, the waitress brought her order and she took it from her. "If you know what's good for you, stay away from my line of sight." she commanded before walking away.
Edwin watched her walk away, shaking his head in disbelief. No girl has ever spoke to him in such manner and tone. And that was when it then hit him. He then realised that the girl might not know who he was and was just speaking to him like he was a random guy. He walked back to where his friends were and sat down.
"From the look of things, I'd say you got schooled," Clement said.
"Yeah... You could say that," Edwin replied. "But on the contrary, I'd say I just found my miss right."
Yeah! So guys, what do you think about this chapter?
Who do you think is the mystery girl?
Y'all drop your comments�
Next chapter comes up very SOON. So STAY TUNED

3 Likes

Re: The New Girl by Nobody: 10:23pm On Jun 27, 2019
Date Night 1
"I don't know if I should wear this," Susan said as brought out a red gown from her wardrobe.
"No," Nicole replied shaking her finger to indicate her disapproval of the gown. "You're going on a date and not a formal party."
"Come help me choose. You know I'm not a fashionista like you," Susan said.
"Let's wait for Cleo first. We both have to agree on the same thing," Nicole stated.
"Okay," Susan said and put the gown back into the wardrobe. She then walked back to her bed and sat on it. Nicole gaze never shifted away from Susan even as their eyes eventually met. "Why are you staring at me like that?"
"How do you feel?"
"Feel about?"
"About you going on a date with Daniel, silly."
"Ooh... Erm... I actually don't feel anything to be honest. I just see it as a regular date with a regular guy."
"But you know Daniel isn't any regular guy. Many people in this school can only dream of going on a date with him but you are actually doing it and in just your first year."
Susan giggles, "I still don't see any big deal in this."
"Do you like him?" Nicole asked with a raised brow.
Susan laughs, "We are just friends, Nicki."
"Yeah... I know that. But do you like him?"
"Well... I like him as a friend."
"Yeah... Right. I see the lie through you."
The door swung open and Cleo walked in with bag which contained food she bought from the cafeteria.
"Hey guys. I'm back," she said and dropped the bag on the bed Nicole sat on. "What's up?" She added and she sat down on the same bed.
"We were just talking about what Susan would wear for the date," Nicole stated as she went digging into the bag.
"And have you guys chosen any?"
"Not yet. Nicole said we should wait for you so you will both help me out."
"That wouldn't be a problem," Cleo said as she walked to her wardrobe and began going through it. "Aha, guys, you would not believe what happened in the cafeteria a while ago."
"What happened?" They both asked.
"So I was buying food in the cafeteria, minding my own business when this guy walks up to me in a bid to woo me which is not bad but the way and manner in which he did was so hilarious."
"What did he do?" Nicole asked.
"Can you imagine the pickup line this guy used? He was like 'guess what? I had a dream last night and you were in it'" Cleo said as she burst into laughter alongside Nicole and Susan.
"Who's the guy?" Nicole asked.
"I don't know but I have seen him around a couple of times."
"That guy is hilarious," Susan giggled.
"And what did you do when he said that?" Nicole asked.
"Trust me," she smirked. "I put him in his place."
"That's it. That guy is a complete weirdo," Susan chipped in.
"Anyway, let me see if I can find something nice for you to wear."
"Look at you. Looking so handsome like a frog prince," Edwin said admiring Daniel's black tux.
Felix laughs, "Don't listen to him, Danny boy. You look good."
"Yeah. You look nice," Clement chipped in.
Daniel stared at his reflection in the mirror, smiling at his tall masculine figure. He turned around and grabbed the bouquet of roses on the table, "Wish me luck guys."
"Good luck bro," they chorused as he walked out of his room.
The cool evening breeze hit him as he got to the parking area. He got to the car and unlock it. He opened the car, got in while putting the roses on the passengers seat and closed the door behind him. He turned on the ignition and the car came alive. He sighed and relaxed on the seat. His eyes rested on the 7:23pm shown on the car's mp3 player and realized he was running late. He put the gear on reverse, drove out of the parking space before hitting the gear again and driving off.
He got to Susan's apartment and walked to her room. He knocked and the door was answered by one of her roommate.
"Hey?" he greeted.
"Hi, Daniel?" she replied with a smile.
"Ooh... You know me?" He asked, a bit puzzled.
She laughed, "who doesn't know you in this school?"
"Ooh... That explains it."
"Come in." she said and gave way for him to walk through.
"Thank you," he said and walked into the room.
"Hi, Daniel?" Susan greeted.
Daniel was speechless as he saw her. The white sleeveless dress which had a slit opening on the right side that starts from her knee. She had her hair in a tight bun with light makeup and complemented it all with purple Basic heels. Her beauty was flawless.
"Wow!" Daniel exclaimed. "You look beautiful."
"Thanks," Susan replied with a smile.
"Here, I got this for you," Daniel said as he handed her the roses.
"Thanks. They look lovely."
"Erm... If you're done, why don't we get going?"
"Yeah, let's go," Susan said as handed Cleo the roses and she grabbed her purple purse on her bed. "See you girls later."
"Bye girl. Take care of her, Daniel," Nicole said
"Sure will," he said as he opened the door for her.
"Bye Susan," Cleo added as Daniel closed the door behind them.
They got to where the car was parked and Daniel opened the door for here. She got in and he closed it behind her. He walked to the driver seat and got in. As he turned on the ignition, he looked at Susan and found her staring at him. They both smiled at each other as he drove the car out.
Yeah! So guys, what do you think about this chapter?
And what do you think will happen in the next?
Next chapter comes up very SOON. So STAY TUNED

2 Likes

Re: The New Girl by Adesina12: 11:42pm On Jun 27, 2019
Welcome back Asemark
Sweet popcorn for you
Re: The New Girl by Treasure17(m): 11:47pm On Jun 27, 2019
The girl get bad mouth sha. Welcome Asemark and thanks for the update.

1 Like

Re: The New Girl by izaray(f): 9:48am On Jun 28, 2019
Treasure17:
The girl get bad mouth sha. Welcome Asemark and thanks for the update.
I dy tell you, but she fit still fall for him las las

Thanks Asemark, we need more update biko
Re: The New Girl by Treasure17(m): 10:29am On Jun 28, 2019
izaray:
I dy tell you, but she fit still fall for him las las

Thanks Asemark, we need more update biko
Honestly and maybe when she's done with her acting. You understand the code.

2 Likes

Re: The New Girl by collinometricx: 10:56am On Jun 28, 2019
Honestly, i lost interest in this sweet work be4, guy u gats buy my interest back...
Re: The New Girl by PrudySara(f): 1:06pm On Jun 28, 2019
Finally!! Welcome back Asemark, thanks for the update.
Re: The New Girl by zibbie(f): 6:08pm On Jun 28, 2019
Asemark:

They are troublesome
haba oga u don't have to use the word "they" cos am not troublesome
Re: The New Girl by carloz685(m): 9:41pm On Jun 28, 2019
I was a ghost reader buh now am loving this.... The interview was awesome and funny... I really love the creativity that's added to make it spicy... I just don't know why some people don't understand it... Looking for more update, please don't disappoint...
Thanks... From concerned reader...
Asemark

1 Like

Re: The New Girl by froze6(m): 8:17pm On Jul 01, 2019
Update thanks
Re: The New Girl by Nobody: 1:46am On Jul 17, 2019
Date Night 2
Daniel drove through the majestic gates of Marife Hotel's and Restaurant. He parked, turned off the ignition and got out of the car while signaling to Susan to remain seated. He got over to her door and opened it, offering her a hand while she got out of the car.
"Thank you," she muttered.
They both walked towards the restaurant section of the hotel. The restaurant was large like a hall which had a wooden table with 4 chairs around it. The interior parts were painted white with a touch of black here and there around the walls. They advanced towards a table and Daniel pulled a chair for Susan to sit. He walked to the chair opposite hers and sat there.
"So are you comfortable?" Daniel asked.
"Yes,'' she replied with a little smile.
Just after replying, a waiter arrived on a waiter shirt under a black jacket and black trousers with a jotter and pen.
"Good evening sir, ma'am. What can I offer you guys today?" He asked with a calm tone.
Daniel and Susan grabbed the menu list on the table and began browsing through it. "I'll have the fried rice with chicken laps and a bottle of red wine."
"While I'll have spaghetti with meatballs," Susan added and closed the menu list.
"Alright. Your orders will be ready soon," the waiter stated before walking away.
"So," Daniel began. "What do you think about this place?"
"It's nice," Susan replied, looking around the restaurant.
"I just came across it one day while driving through with Edwin and I've been planning for this day since then," he said and smiled to which Susan smiled back. The waiter came shortly afterwards with their order and lay it on the table along with the bottle of red wine and two glass cups, greeted them and left.
Daniel opened his and inhaled the sweet aroma emitting from the fried rice. "Hmm...just as I like it."
Susan smiled and opened hers, "Yeah... It looks and smells good," she added as she perceived the aroma.
Daniel opened the bottle and poured it into the two glass cup. "Bon appétit," he wished as he picked up his cutleries and began eating. "Taste good?" He asked after a while of eating in silence.
"Yeah, it is," she replied after swallowing a fork full of spaghetti. They ate in silence once more before Daniel broke the silence once more.
"So, Susan, how's your boyfriend?" Daniel asked while sipping his wine.
"Well, I currently don't have one?'' Susan responded.
"Ooh... You mean you guys are no longer together?"
"Yeah... We broke up a while back."
"Wow! What happened between you two? What caused the breakup?"
"It's something I really don't wanna talk about."
"Ooh... No problem. I just wanted to know what not to do to upset you," he said and sipped his wine.
Susan smiled a little and sighed, "I caught him cheating on me with another girl."
"Ooh..." Daniel said a bit startled. "Sorry to hear that. But why did he do that?"
"I have no idea but it's for the best."
"That guy must be very crazy. How could he do that to someone like you? Some guys are so dumb."
"Well, let's just say we're not meant to be."
"Yeah... I guess so." There was a brief silence between them, both engrossed in their individual thoughts.
"So," Susan said breaking the silence. "What about you? Do you have a girlfriend?"
Daniel chuckled before sipping his wine, "Well, to be honest, I've never had a girlfriend."
"Wow," Susan in amazement. "Are you serious?"
"Yeah! Surprised much?"
"Yeah. I can't count the number of girls I have seen drooling over you and here you're saying that you've been single all your life."
Daniel chuckles, "I don't really pay attention to them."
"But how come you've been single all these while? Or is it that you haven't found the right person?"
"Yeah, let's just say I'm waiting for the right person to come along," he emphasized, stretching forth his hand to hold hers. "Just the perfect person," he added with a light smile on his face while rubbing his hand against hers.
She looked at his hand on hers and back to his gaze and smiled for a moment before looking away.
"So," Daniel began as he withdraw his hand from hers' to grab his glass. "Tell me about your family." He added and sipped his wine.
It was almost midnight when Daniel drove into the Hostel compound. He turned off the ignition and turned to her.
"Here we are," he announced.
"Yeah. Thanks for such a wonderful night. I really enjoyed it," Susan replied.
"Thanks for accepting to be my date for the night. I also enjoyed your company."
Susan smiled, "Well, goodnight and sweet dreams, Daniel. Thanks once again," she said and made to leave the car but Daniel held her back.
"Wait, Susan, there's something I wanna tell you."
"Okay," she said as she returned back to her sitting position.
Daniel heaved heavy before beginning, "Susan, I've never told anyone this before but believe me when I say that, Susan, I love you." He confessed to which made her eyes widen and her lips to open slightly. "I love you and I mean it. I just want you to give me a chance in your heart and I promise I will never let you go or do anything to hurt you, I promise you that. Please just give me a chance in your life."
Susan just sat there looking perplexed. Her lips quivered without any utterances. She merely stared at him with so many conflicted thoughts in her head.
"I don't know what to say," she managed to say.
"Just say yes," Daniel insisted.
Susan couldn't say anything. She just stared at him. Daniel began advancing towards her till their lips were millimeters away from each other. Then at the last second, Susan withdrew her head.
"I'm can't. I'm sorry," Susan apologized and opened the door of the car.
"Susan, wait! Wait!" Daniel yelled out but she had disappeared into the hallway of the hostel.

1 Like

Re: The New Girl by Nobody: 1:47am On Jul 17, 2019
Date Night Aftermath
"What's wrong with you Cleo?" She asked with a muffled voice. "Can't you see I was sleeping?"
"Nicole, did you know what Susan just told me now?" Cleo asked in excitement.
"What?"
"She said Daniel confessed love to her during their date."
"Huh?" Nicole exclaimed as her eyes shot fully open. "Daniel told her that he loved her?"
"Yeah girl!"
"Wow!" Nicole exclaimed as she got off her bed. "And what was your reply, Susan?" She asked as she sat on Susan's bed.
"I didn't give him a reply."
"Huh?!" Both sisters chorused. "But why?"
"Don't you like him?" Cleo asked.
"Well... I do but I wanna be sure of my feelings towards him before I say anything. He even tried to kiss me in the car," Susan said as she gave a light smile.
"Oh my God!" Both sisters chorused shaking their heads
"And what happened? Because you said 'tried to kiss' which means he didn't," Nicole stated.
"I stopped him before he could go further," Susan replied.
Both sisters gasped.
"Are you kidding me? Why would you do that?" Cleo asked, confusion boldly written on her face.
"Look, I don't want what happened between Kelvin and I to repeat itself. Before I go into a relationship with anyone, I want to be fully convinced that he is the one I want. And I'm not completely convinced with Daniel."
"But what..." Cleo began but was cut short by the sound of Susan's phone. It was Daniel calling.
"It's him," Susan announced as she looked at her phone screen.
"Go on. Pick it up," Nicole urged.
Susan picked up the call and placed the phone beside her ear.
"Hello, Susan," Daniel began with his soft masculine voice.
"Hi," Susan replied.
"Hey. I was just calling to check up on you and to inform you that I've gotten home."
"Ooh... That's good to hear."
"Yeah," he said and paused while thinking of what next to say.
"Hey, Susan," he called out after a moment of silence between them.
"Yeah?"
"I'm sorry for what I wanted to do in the car this evening. I don't know what came over me but I'm really sorry about it," he apologized.
A light smile grew across Susan's lips, "It's fine. I'm actually not upset at all, so no need apologizing."
"Alright. But what I said about my feelings towards you is very real but I guess I said it at a wrong time, which is understandable. I just hope it won't stain our friendship?"
"No, It won't. Trust me." Susan smiled.
"Okay, that's a relief. Since it can't, that means you don't mind us hanging out for lunch after lectures."
"Sure, why not?"
"Fantastic! Well, let me leave you to sleep because I'm guessing you must be tired."
"Well, you could say that."
Daniel chuckled, "Alright, good night. Sweet dreams."
"Good night."

1 Like

Re: The New Girl by Nobody: 1:49am On Jul 17, 2019
Taken
"At least you can see that I'm now better. Daniel didn't beat with that ridiculous margin," Edwin stated as he and his friends were walking to their lecture hall.
"Ooh... So now you admit that he's better than you in PES?" Clement asked with a huge smirk on his face.
"I think he just admitted that I'm better than him," Daniel stated and laughed.
"No, no, no. Don't get me wrong, what I meant is--" he was cut short as Paul appear in front of them panting and sweating.
"Wait... Daniel... There's trouble," he said in between pant.
"What's wrong, Paul?" Daniel asked.
"Someone just told me that he saw Kelvin dragging Susan's lifeless body into his car after drugging her," Paul narrated as wiped the sweat off his forehead.
"WHAT!" The four friends yelled with Daniel dropping his books on the ground.
"How did that happen?" Where did that happen? When did it happen?" Daniel asked all at once.
"I don't know. I was informed just as I just informed you now," Paul replied.
"Oh my God! What are we going to do now? Where could he have taken her? What if she's died? What if---" Daniel panicked but Edwin held him.
"Get a hold of yourself man. We'll find her, just calm down. Okay?" Edwin assured.
Daniel heaved a sigh, "Okay... I'm calm now. But how are we going to find her?"
"One thing is for sure, which is she isn't dead. So we need to trace them. Paul, where do you think he would have taken her?"
"I really don't know. This new side of Kelvin is very unpredictable."
"Hmm... That means we need to trace them."
"Trace them using?" Clement asked.
"Paul, do you know Kelvin's plate number offhand?"
"No... Sorry, I don't."
"Then we need to trace them using their phone numbers."
"But do you know how to trace someone using their phone number?" Felix asked.
"No... But I know someone who can," Edwin replied and brought out his phone. He scrolled through his contact list and called someone.
"Hello," he began as the other person picked up. "I'm good bro and you? Alright... Bro, I need a lil favour from you. Can you help me trace two numbers? It's a matter of life and death. Yes, it's that serious. Alright, I'll text you the numbers. Thanks bro, I owe you one," he concluded and ended the call. ''Give me Kelvin's number," he said to Paul which he complied.
"The person will trace both their numbers right?" Daniel asked in a panicked tone.
"Yes," Edwin responded as he typed the numbers and sent it. "Now let's get go back to get the car so we can easily search for Kelvin's car while we wait for the guy to do his work,"
"I'll go do some digging to see what I can find about their location. I'll keep you guys posted," Paul said and walked off.
"Alright," Edwin replied. "C'mon, let's head back," he said as they all turned and began walking back to their apartment.
Once in, they got in Edwin's car and he drove onto the road.
"Don't worry, Daniel, we'll find them," he assured to Daniel whose eyes had not left the road since they began their journey. Daniel merely nodded without taking his eyes off the road.
Edwin's phone beeped and he picked it up.
"We've found them," he announced. "They are in the school hall that's being renovated."
"Good!" Daniel stated with some much fury in his face. "Let's go get that bastard!"
Re: The New Girl by Nobody: 2:06am On Jul 17, 2019
Fight To The Death

Yeah! The New Girl is about to end. The next update will be the end of this particular series.
Who's ready!?

"C'mon Edwin, step on it," Daniel barked, his eyes filled with rage.
"I am," Edwin replied as he swerved past a group of people leaning on a car. He arrived at the hall and hit the breaks as the car came to a abrupt halt. Daniel literally jumped out of the car and ran into the building.
"Daniel, wait!" Edwin yelled but it fell on deaf ears as he had already entered the building. "Daniel is gonna get himself killed if he just rushes in like that. Who knows what Kelvin has in store in there," he stated and close the door of the car after he had got out. ''Felix, call the police. Clement, you go get the school's security men while I go after him." He said as they both nodded.
He ran inside and from the entrance, he could hear Daniel screaming Kelvin's name. He followed the sound and later found Daniel in the middle of the hall looking around the hall.
"Get a grip of yourself man," Edwin said as he got to him. "We need to calm down and think. Aggression never solves anything."
"We need to hurry up and find him, Eddy. Who knows what he might have done to Susan."
"Alright, let's check upstairs since there's nothing down here," Edwin suggested to which Daniel complied.
They walked up the stairs and into the corridor and live at the center of the hall was Kelvin sitting on a chair along with Susan, sitting on another but tied up from shoulder to her feet and she was unconscious.
"You bastard!" Daniel roared and ran towards them.
Kelvin quickly brought out a gun and pointed it to Susan's head. Daniel stopped abruptly with his mouth slightly open in shock. "I wouldn't move one step closer if I were you."
"You monster! What did she do to you for you to do this to her?"
"Ooh... What she did to me?" Kelvin asked, as he removed the gun from her head and stood up from the chair. "She did nothing. It was you who did something to me." He pointed the gun at him. "Yes, I screwed up but if you hadn't come into the picture, we would have reconciled and be happy together now." Susan began to stir awake.
"Is it my fault that you cheated on her, you sorry excuse of a man?"
"Don't you dare insult me unless you want me to spill your brains on this floor."
"Kelvin, please calm down," Edwin pleaded from where he stood. "This matter hasn't reached the level of us pointing weapons."
"You better stay out of this, Edwin before I use you as a test dummy," he stated and pointed the gun at Edwin who quickly raised both hands in surrender. Susan began to stir awake, tilting her head left to right.
"So what do you hope to achieve by kidnapping her? That she would love you? Is that what you think."
"She would once she stops..."
"Wha...wha...where am I?" Susan murmured, as she looked around and saw Kelvin holding a gun and pointing it at Daniel. She gasped, "Kelvin, what are you doing?"
"Ending his pathetic life once and for all so that you can now freely be with me."
"No please, Kelvin don't do that," Susan begged as tears began to form in her eyes. "Please don't do it. I beg of you."
"Why shouldn't I?" he barked, his gaze and gun still firmly on Daniel. "It's because of him you can't be with me."
"No... It's not because of him. It's because I don't love you anymore, Kelvin. Why don't you get that."
"I know, but it's because of him you don't love me anymore. So I have to remove him from the equation."
"No, please don't. Killing him won't change anything. I don't love you anymore."
"But once I get rid of him, you will. I know you will."
"Why don't we settle this once and for all," Daniel spoke up.
"How do you mean?" Kelvin asked, stilling pointing the gun at him.
"Since we're both men, why don't we settle this like men?" He said and raised his two knuckles up.
Kelvin laughed, "You wanna fight me? You little thing? I'm gonna enjoy this," he said and threw the gun away.
They began advancing towards each other, moving rhythmically with their fists dancing around with them. Daniel had never been in a fist fight all his life but he was ready to do anything to save Susan's life even if it means taking a beating. And he also had to stall for the police to get there just in time before Kelvin does anything foolish.
They got close to each other and Daniel immediately threw a left hook swing but Kelvin dodged it and moved back a bit with a smirk on his lips.
"It's not that easy," he remarked.
They advanced towards each other once again. Kelvin threw a left hook which Daniel dodged but instantly threw a right and it landed flush on Daniel's left cheek. Daniel yelped and staggered a bit, holding his left cheek. Kelvin chuckled motioning on Daniel to come on. Daniel moved towards him and attempted to hit a right hook but Kelvin dodged it and followed it up with a left hook, a sweet right uppercut which made Daniel light on his face and he landed a kick on Daniel's chest.
"Oh my God! Kelvin, please stop this." Susan yelled to which Kelvin just laughed at.
Daniel fell to the floor with a huge thud. He held his chest and wiped the blood that had sprang on his face after the uppercut. He was bleeding from his nose and he seemed to have had an injury in his mouth.
"It feels good to make you suffer before you die. You deserve this," he said and grinned.
"Daniel, please stay down," Edwin pleaded.
"Yes Daniel, please stay down," Susan also pleaded.
Daniel didn't want to back down. Not now that his life and Susan's was at stack by a maniac. If he defeat him, he needed to rethink his strategy. He then remembered his favourite character in the Mortal Combat video game, Liu Kang and his moves. He smiled, wiping off the blood under his nose as he got up.
"Ooh... You still need more?'' Kelvin remarked. "I'll be happy to oblige."
They advanced towards each other and Kelvin attempted to hit a left hook on Daniel but he dodged his head down low and punched Kelvin hard on the stomach. Kelvin groaned as the pain traveled round his body. Daniel immediately followed it with a right uppercut which made Kelvin shoot up his head and Daniel added a left and right hook simultaneously and ended it with a flying kick. Kelvin fell to the floor and began groaning with his hand covering his jaw.
Daniel swiftly rushed to where Susan was tied and began to loosen the ropes. Kelvin looked up and saw what Daniel was doing and became very enraged. He looked around and saw his gun not far away from him. He crawled over to where it was, picked it up and pointed it at them.
"Daniel, watch out!" Edwin yelled as he ran towards Kelvin.
"If I can't have you, no one else can!" Kelvin exclaimed as he positioned the gun to Susan as she was now untied and standing beside Daniel.
"No!" Daniel yelled as he rushed to Susan.
The gun exploded and a bullet flew out and hit a body. The body fell to ground and became numb instantly.
So, what do you guys think about this chapter?
And what do you think will happen in the final chapter?
The last Chapter comes up very SOON. So STAY TUNED!

2 Likes

Re: The New Girl by genius43(m): 8:17am On Jul 17, 2019
Can't wait for the last chapter.
Re: The New Girl by do4luv14(m): 11:38am On Jul 17, 2019
Nice one, glad you came back to finish it,

oya finish it, finish it
Re: The New Girl by Treasure17(m): 4:04pm On Jul 17, 2019
Nawa o Asemark. Daniel fighting for love. I hope they are safe o. Wicked kelvin. Thanks for the update.
Re: The New Girl by Treasure17(m): 4:06pm On Jul 17, 2019
Asemark is back izaray.
Re: The New Girl by izaray(f): 4:15pm On Jul 17, 2019
Treasure17:
Asemark is back izaray.
Thanks, have read his update already!
Re: The New Girl by Treasure17(m): 4:56pm On Jul 17, 2019
izaray:
Thanks, have read his update already!
Alright.
Re: The New Girl by Crystalqueen(f): 9:42pm On Jul 17, 2019
Hope Daniel doesn't die fighting over a girl... Asemark thank goodness you're back. Hope we won't wait forever for the next update though... More ink to ur pen!

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (Reply)

Black Maria: Legends A Story By LarrySun / THE UNKNOWN: The Mega-hit Series / The contract

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 108
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.