Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,113 members, 7,814,912 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 11:03 PM

Bonds Investors Hub - Investment (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Bonds Investors Hub (51322 Views)

Nigeria Bonds Rise After Tinubu Subsidy Removal / Which Is Better; Fixed Deposit Or Bonds? / Nigeria Bonds Rise After Buhari Presidential Election Win (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bonds Investors Hub by Jonadull: 2:30pm On Dec 14, 2018
ernie4life:

the previous one they sold, lots of people complained of not getting their coupon on time.
why should i lock up my funds for that long at ordinary 15% when treasury bills are most likely to get there soon,
doesn't look like smart investment to me.
Good luck to those buying
Wow . @ the bolded .
I thought it’s the same DMO handling the Savings Bond and other FGN sovereign bond .
Mehn . I think I need to review my decision
Re: Bonds Investors Hub by spenca: 9:57am On Dec 16, 2018
JustBasic:
Hi everyone,

I am interested in purchasing some units of the "5.625% US$500M JUN 2022 Diaspora bond" listed on the DMO website. Most of stockbroking firms I have contacted so far insisted on $100k entry. Do you guys know any investment house that accept $50k and quite reputable?

Thanks for your response.

P.S. I am not in Nigeria, I don't know if that makes any difference.

Even at 100 they will still pool your fund. Euro clear system minimum trading allows for minimum of $300k . Some houses however may take 50 from you with embedded options. You can try Elixir

2 Likes

Re: Bonds Investors Hub by spenca: 10:00am On Dec 16, 2018
Jonathan:

Wow . @ the bolded .
I thought it’s the same DMO handling the Savings Bond and other FGN sovereign bond .
Mehn . I think I need to review my decision
DMO handles every capital market instrument aside the equities. There may have been some lapses at that time. The case of rates , you should have a medium to long term outlook at where rates are going not just the short term. Question you should ask is why has Tbills rate been spiking in this quarter and will it be sustained ?

1 Like

Re: Bonds Investors Hub by Jonadull: 1:53pm On Dec 16, 2018
spenca:

DMO handles every capital market instrument aside the equities. There may have been some lapses at that time. The case of rates , you should have a medium to long term outlook at where rates are going not just the short term. Question you should ask is why has Tbills rate been spiking in this quarter and will it be sustained ?
Re: Bonds Investors Hub by wuwu2: 7:54pm On Jan 03, 2019
Please anybody here who invested in the recent fgn sukuk bonds? Have you gotten any evidence of investment?
Re: Bonds Investors Hub by unite4real: 8:27pm On Jan 03, 2019
wuwu2:
Please anybody here who invested in the recent fgn sukuk bonds? Have you gotten any evidence of investment?

I did but I have not gotten any information yet.

Do u have updates
Re: Bonds Investors Hub by wuwu2: 7:05am On Jan 06, 2019
unite4real:

I did but I have not gotten any information yet.

Do u have updates
No I don't and its a bit unusual thats why I am asking. The transaction ought to have rounded up by 28 december as contained in the offer curcular. Even on the DMO website, I saw no info as to the outcome
Re: Bonds Investors Hub by unite4real: 7:21am On Jan 06, 2019
wuwu2:

No I don't and its a bit unusual thats why I am asking. The transaction ought to have rounded up by 28 december as contained in the offer curcular. Even on the DMO website, I saw no info as to the outcome

I understand that it takes time to reflect on our CSCS. sometimes 2 weeks or more. Its actually worrisome because we are not being communicated to douse tension. But just relax everything is on course

2 Likes

Re: Bonds Investors Hub by oludy: 2:41pm On Jan 06, 2019
unite4real:

I understand that it takes time to reflect on our CSCS. sometimes 2 weeks or more. Its actually worrisome because we are not being communicated to douse tension. But just relax everything is on course

Agreed. Let's wait patiently. I had contacted Lotus Capital who did the transaction on my behalf and they equally mentioned we should see updates going into the second week in Jan 2019.

1 Like

Re: Bonds Investors Hub by wuwu2: 3:21pm On Jan 06, 2019
oludy:

Agreed. Let's wait patiently. I had contacted Lotus Capital who did the transaction on my behalf and they equally mentioned we should see updates going into the second week in Jan 2019.
Ok great. Tnx for the info
Re: Bonds Investors Hub by unite4real: 3:43pm On Jan 06, 2019
Let's keep this thread updated from time to time as it appears only a few of us investment in this security, SUKUK. @wuwu2 , @oludy
Re: Bonds Investors Hub by wuwu2: 8:52pm On Jan 06, 2019
unite4real:
Let's keep this thread updated from time to time as it appears only a few of us investment in this security, SUKUK. @wuwu2 , @oludy
No probs boss
Re: Bonds Investors Hub by oludy: 10:15pm On Jan 11, 2019
wuwu2:

No probs boss

I read today a total of N100b has been handed over to the Works Minister. That means allotment must have been concluded, yet no notice yet. And what happens to the N32b excess?
Re: Bonds Investors Hub by wuwu2: 1:25am On Jan 12, 2019
oludy:

I read today a total of N100b has been handed over to the Works Minister. That means allotment must have been concluded, yet to notice yet. And what happens to the N32b excess?
There is little information out there about this particular bond. It wasn't the situation with the last sukuk bf this. A proof was in within a week
Some info though....
https://www.dmo.gov.ng/news-and-events/dmo-in-the-news/opening-remarks-by-the-hmf-at-the-ceremony-for-the-presentation-of-symbolic-cheque-of-n100bn-sovereign-sukuk-proceeds-to-the-fmp-w-h
Re: Bonds Investors Hub by akinola98: 10:52am On Jan 12, 2019
oludy:

I read today a total of N100b has been handed over to the Works Minister. That means allotment must have been concluded, yet no notice yet. And what happens to the N32b excess?

Good question!
I wonder no one said anything about that even up till now
Let wait and see
Re: Bonds Investors Hub by ernie4life(m): 8:41pm On Jan 12, 2019
akinola98:

Good question!
I wonder no one said anything about that even up till now
Let wait and see

Usually after allocation, the excess is returned. I stand to be correct
Re: Bonds Investors Hub by unite4real: 10:42am On Jan 13, 2019
read on page 9 of the prospectus that any oversubscription will be absorbed by new projects.
Re: Bonds Investors Hub by unite4real: 10:42am On Jan 13, 2019
oludy:

read on page 9 of the prospectus that any oversubscription will be absorbed by new projects.
Re: Bonds Investors Hub by oludy: 2:00pm On Jan 13, 2019
unite4real:

Ok. Thanks for that. Great insight. Lotus Capital had said similar when i put a call across to them.
Re: Bonds Investors Hub by akinola98: 3:48pm On Jan 13, 2019
unite4real:

Thanks for the insight
Re: Bonds Investors Hub by wuwu2: 6:23pm On Jan 15, 2019
Anybody got a proof or notification of investment yet?
Re: Bonds Investors Hub by unite4real: 8:05pm On Jan 15, 2019
wuwu2:

I have not

1 Like

Re: Bonds Investors Hub by oludy: 9:53pm On Jan 15, 2019
unite4real:

I have not

Nothing still.

1 Like

Re: Bonds Investors Hub by oludy: 9:21am On Jan 24, 2019
oludy:

Nothing still.

Finally got my allotment advise yesterday., Hope it is the same for you.
Re: Bonds Investors Hub by akinola98: 2:26pm On Jan 24, 2019
oludy:

Thank God . Got mine credited into my cscs account too .... but I don’t understand how it was documented on the cscs table/chart, maybe u could pls help to explain

I bought 5M worth but on my cscs account, it was written under the column as
Quantity: 5,000
Current price: :00
Current Value: :00

I was expecting they will put the 5M there as quantity or value .
Please is it the same as yours or u think I have got to issue to iron out ?? Thanks
Re: Bonds Investors Hub by Stocking: 3:50pm On Jan 24, 2019
akinola98:

Thank God . Got mine credited into my cscs account too .... but I don’t understand how it was documented on the cscs table/chart, maybe u could pls help to explain

I bought 5M worth but on my cscs account, it was written under the column as
Quantity: 5,000
Current price: :00
Current Value: :00

I was expecting they will put the 5M there as quantity or value .
Please is it the same as yours or u think I have got to issue to iron out ?? Thanks
It’s 1000 naira per unit

2 Likes

Re: Bonds Investors Hub by unite4real: 6:58pm On Jan 24, 2019
oludy:

I have not gotten mine yet. Which did u use, lotus capital or FBN merchant. Was it your cscs account with your stock broker you checked it or with cscs direct.

I actually called Lotus capital yesterday and I was informed they will be doing allotment before weekend. I am surprised some have started getting. I hope mine will be soon
Re: Bonds Investors Hub by oludy: 6:15am On Jan 25, 2019
unite4real:

I have not gotten mine yet. Which did u use, lotus capital or FBN merchant. Was it your cscs account with your stock broker you checked it or with cscs direct.

I actually called Lotus capital yesterday and I was informed they will be doing allotment before weekend. I am surprised some have started getting. I hope mine will be soon

I used Lotus capital and their custodian account. Did not have a CSCS account at the time. I got a mail. Am sure you will receive yours soon. If you used your CSCS account, maybe you can check again.
Re: Bonds Investors Hub by samobaba4u(m): 9:15pm On Jan 26, 2019
I just saw this tread yesterday and found it so educative. I took my time to read from page 1 to d current page & all I want to say now is well-done to all the contributors. please keep updating us on d latest especially when the fgn bond is open. planning to invest some day. thanks a lot

1 Like

Re: Bonds Investors Hub by samobaba4u(m): 9:17pm On Jan 26, 2019
oludy:

I used Lotus capital and their custodian account. Did not have a CSCS account at the time. I got a mail. Am sure you will receive yours soon. If you used your CSCS account, maybe you can check again.

please what is cscs account?
Re: Bonds Investors Hub by unite4real: 10:06pm On Jan 26, 2019
wuwu2:

Have u gotten it's yet? Me am still hopeful
Re: Bonds Investors Hub by Jonadull: 10:45pm On Jan 26, 2019
___

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

South African Lawmakers Worried About What Could Happen To Shoprite, Stanbic etc / NAIRALANDERS: Be Careful Of Where You Invest Your Money On This Platform. / MMM Yet To Pay Participants 72 Hours After Comeback

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.