Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,451 members, 7,816,046 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:53 AM

Bonds Investors Hub - Investment (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Bonds Investors Hub (51339 Views)

Nigeria Bonds Rise After Tinubu Subsidy Removal / Which Is Better; Fixed Deposit Or Bonds? / Nigeria Bonds Rise After Buhari Presidential Election Win (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bonds Investors Hub by ernie4life(m): 10:45pm On Jan 26, 2019
samobaba4u:

please what is cscs account?

Central security clearing system account

2 Likes

Re: Bonds Investors Hub by samobaba4u(m): 2:42am On Jan 27, 2019
ernie4life:

Central security clearing system account

Thanks. Does that mean person can not invest successfully in bond without this account?
Please how can one open this account?
Re: Bonds Investors Hub by Jonadull: 3:04am On Jan 27, 2019
samobaba4u:

Thanks. Does that mean person can not invest successfully in bond without this account?
Please how can one open this account?
You stockbroker will automatically open the cscs account for you when you open a stockbrocking account .

1 Like

Re: Bonds Investors Hub by wuwu2: 9:12pm On Jan 27, 2019
unite4real:

Halve u gotten it's yet? Me am still hopeful
No. Net yet. Still watching and waiting
Re: Bonds Investors Hub by unite4real: 6:39pm On Jan 29, 2019
wuwu2:

No. Net yet. Still watching and waiting

Got my letter today. How about urs.
Re: Bonds Investors Hub by joseph1013: 7:54am On Jan 30, 2019
Can someone please break this statement TOTALLY down for me:

"First Bank will only have to pay the face value of the bond, which is at a yield of 8.00%, if they recall the bond. The bond was issued with a coupon of 8.00%. We sold at a yield of 7.34%, which means that we sold at a value that is higher than what First Bank would have paid. When we bought the bond at 15.% yield, we bought at a very deep discount to the face value."

Cc
ernie4life
Gavrelino123
confluence
awesomeJ
Liljel
ahiboilandgas
ImperialCovfefe
spenc
Re: Bonds Investors Hub by wuwu2: 4:22pm On Jan 30, 2019
unite4real:

Not yet bro. I bought through my stockbroker. I will call tomorrow
Re: Bonds Investors Hub by HAH: 4:31pm On Feb 05, 2019
Please house I have the following questions

1, Are high yield coupon bonds always available in the secondary markets

2, Will buying from secondary market make me lose some money ?

3, Is there a history of corporate bond failing to redeem investors at maturity in Nigeria

NB, I want to invest in the bonds market from sale of house proceed, I noticed bonds bring better returns that rents, I am will close deal soon, is this a good move
Re: Bonds Investors Hub by ernie4life(m): 6:29pm On Feb 05, 2019
HAH:
Please house I have the following questions

1, Are high yield coupon bonds always available in the secondary markets

2, Will buying from secondary market make me lose some money ?

3, Is there a history of corporate bond failing to redeem investors at maturity in Nigeria

NB, I want to invest in the bonds market from sale of house proceed, I noticed bonds bring better returns that rents, I am will close deal soon, is this a good move

1) high yield is a relative word, because its dependent on the current interest rate.

2) I strongly doubt if you could lose some money, even if you buy at a premium, the coupon payments/yields to maturity should cover the dirty price and still give you a reasonable spread leading to income.

3) non I can remember( I stand to be corrected) but this does not eliminate the default risk associated with bonds.

If I where to recommend, I will say split the money you have between bonds and money market instruments that way you can still benefit if there is an increase in interest rates.
Re: Bonds Investors Hub by HAH: 6:38pm On Feb 05, 2019
ernie4life:

1) high yield is a relative word, because its dependent on the current interest rate.

2) I strongly doubt if you could lose some money, even if you buy at a premium, the coupon payments/yields to maturity should cover the dirty price and still give you a reasonable spread leading to income.

3) non I can remember( I stand to be corrected) but this does not eliminate the default risk associated with bonds.

If I where to recommend, I will say split the money you have between bonds and money market instruments that way you can still benefit if there is an increase in interest rates.

Thank you very much,, I will close the deal before month end, so I will invest 90% in bonds and 10% money market funds, and interest received in the bonds will 100% go into the money market fund, this I want to do to get benefit of compounding interest, the fund I am investing is for my children higher education probably next 10 years
Re: Bonds Investors Hub by ernie4life(m): 7:07pm On Feb 05, 2019
HAH:

Thank you very much,, I will close the deal before month end, so I will invest 90% in bonds and 10% money market funds, and interest received in the bonds will 100% go into the money market fund, this I want to do to get benefit of compounding interest, the fund I am investing is for my children higher education probably next 10 years

That's nice, I wish you the best

1 Like

Re: Bonds Investors Hub by ernie4life(m): 10:37am On Mar 01, 2019
We are in the season of bonds, yields are up, investors have deserted stocks and money markets rates are also dropping,
so bonds is the new hiding place.
Re: Bonds Investors Hub by ediemafio(m): 11:17pm On Mar 05, 2019
Hi Guys, Bonds are good, risky and profitable. However, investing in a start up or early stage company,though risky too however, has potentials for extreme rewards. Investing $100 in deliveroo (a U.K company) 3 years ago will be worth $8,500 today.. Every start up that becomes successful returns a minimum of 15 times to its early stage investors.

My early stage U.K company is looking for individual investors in our series A round currently live at the moment.

I'd like to offer anyone interested, the opportunity to own part of my company. Shares are currently valued at just £0.25p per share. We ask that you buy a minimum of 400 shares: £100. We will grow the value of the shares to atleast £6 per share in the next 3 to 5 years.We will allow early cash out after a minimum of 12 months.( Ask for details)

SUMMARY OF CURRENT REVENUE:

2016 : - £35,000 (minus £35k)

2017:£76,000

2018: £224,000

Projection of inflow from April 2019 to April 2020 : £750,000
Projection for year 2 (April 2020 - April 2021) :£3.5 million
Projection for year 3 (April 2021 - April 2022) :£5.9 million

STOCK VALUE( At the moment)
£84,000

TEAM
CEO (LLB,Business Analyst,MBA, 6 years experience in E-commerce)
CTO (Bsc Computer Engineering, micro-soft : 2014 -2017, programmer)
CFO (15 years Niche experience, owns our supplier factory in middle east, Bsc Global Business Managment)
MARKETER : ( Facebook ads and Google Ads guru, $1.9million Ad spend in 2018,entrepreneur )
TREND & COMPLIANCE MANAGER : 8 years collectively working for big brands : Michael Kors, Guiseppe Zanotti, Calvin Klein and Hill & Friends.

We are fully registered with the Company's House of England & Wales. We are also compliant with trading standards.

Big investors can negotiate fixed yearly returns/dividends.

Pls feel free to contact me via Whatsapp : +447 341 326 544

BEST REGARDS

Re: Bonds Investors Hub by ernie4life(m): 9:33am On May 21, 2019
There will be an auction tomorrow

5 years - 12.75%
10 years - 14.55%
30 years - 14.80%
Re: Bonds Investors Hub by wuwu2: 6:45am On May 23, 2019
ernie4life:

5 years - 12.75%
10 years - 14.55%
30 years - 14.80%
This 50m benchmark is so unfortunate. It completely deprives we the masses an opportunity
Re: Bonds Investors Hub by ernie4life(m): 7:28am On May 23, 2019
wuwu2:

This 50m benchmark is so unfortunate. It completely deprives we the masses an opportunity

Its also a way of differentiating savings bonds from it
Re: Bonds Investors Hub by wuwu2: 10:17pm On May 23, 2019
ernie4life:

for me, the fgsb is not useful. The 2 and 3 yr tenure makes no sense for bonds that are in the first place designed to be long term vehicles. I could as well go for treasury-bills with roll over. I even hate the quarterly payouts more. Interests become so watered down, they seem quite negligible and disposable. I think we should be allowed to choose what we want regardless of our purchasing power. Isn't that the idea of a free market?
Re: Bonds Investors Hub by oludy: 4:55pm On Jun 28, 2019
unite4real:

Today is the rental payment day. Am yet to receive any payment. Called up Lotus Capital and they said it's general and no one seems to have been paid yet. Is this the same for all of you guys?
Re: Bonds Investors Hub by unite4real: 4:56pm On Jun 28, 2019
oludy:

Today is the rental payment day. Am yet to receive any payment. Called up Lotus Capital and they said it's general and no one seems to have been paid yet. Is this the same for all of you guys?

I have not received as well. Let's keep our fingers crossed. Let's know when alert enters to inform ourselves
Re: Bonds Investors Hub by oludy: 5:00pm On Jun 28, 2019
unite4real:

I have not received as well. Let's keep our fingers crossed. Let's know when alert enters to inform ourselves

Cool.
Re: Bonds Investors Hub by oludy: 7:13pm On Jun 28, 2019
unite4real:

Well, got the rental a few minutes ago. Am wondering, does the custodian get a percentage?
Re: Bonds Investors Hub by unite4real: 8:12pm On Jun 28, 2019
oludy:

Well, got the rental a few minutes ago. Am wondering, does the custodian get a percentage?

Got mine too.
Re: Bonds Investors Hub by Hi0oyy7: 1:21am On Jun 30, 2019
Educative
Re: Bonds Investors Hub by Uchefrancis16(m): 10:59am On Jun 30, 2019
ernie4life:

5 years - 12.75%
10 years - 14.55%
30 years - 14.80%

Anybody know when the next

10 years,
30 years bond will be out?

I really need to cash in on this.

Thanks a billion in advance.
Re: Bonds Investors Hub by ernie4life(m): 2:31pm On Jul 05, 2019
Uchefrancis16:

Anybody know when the next

10 years,
30 years bond will be out?

I really need to cash in on this.

Thanks a billion in advance.

ACCESS BANK BONDS IS HERE

Please see below the details of the offer:
Issuer: Access Bank Plc
Aggregate Principal Amount: Up to ₦30bn Subordinated Tier 2 Capital
Tenor / Call Option: 7NC5
Pricing: 14.40% -14.90%
Book Build Opening Date: Thursday, 4 July 2019
Book Build Closing Date: Thursday, 11 July 2019
Settlement Date: Friday, 12 July 2019
Minimum Subscription: ₦10,000,000 and integral multiples of ₦1,000,000 thereafter
Issuer Rating: Aa- by Agusto and A+ by Fitch
Issue Rating: A+ by Agusto and A by Fitch

Send me a pm if interested
Re: Bonds Investors Hub by Graduateacher(f): 2:58pm On Jul 14, 2019
ernie4life:

Hi please can we still buy FGN bond or sales are over?
Re: Bonds Investors Hub by obembet(f): 3:20pm On Jul 14, 2019
Thanks for this info
Re: Bonds Investors Hub by ernie4life(m): 3:52pm On Jul 14, 2019
Graduateacher:

Hi please can we still buy FGN bond or sales are over?

You can always buy from the primary market when there is an auction and secondary market at anytime
Re: Bonds Investors Hub by Graduateacher(f): 4:13pm On Jul 14, 2019
ernie4life:

You can always buy from the primary market when there is an auction and secondary market at anytime

Thank you, which of them will you advise?
Re: Bonds Investors Hub by Guruindahouse(m): 4:15pm On Jul 14, 2019
Need to learn stuffs.
Graduateacher:

Thank you, which of them will you advise?
Re: Bonds Investors Hub by Graduateacher(f): 4:16pm On Jul 14, 2019
Guruindahouse:
Need to learn stuffs.

How?
Re: Bonds Investors Hub by Guruindahouse(m): 4:22pm On Jul 14, 2019
I am into treasury bills though. I will start reading from page 1, hopefully I can get better ideas on how bond works.
Graduateacher:

How?

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (14) (Reply)

South African Lawmakers Worried About What Could Happen To Shoprite, Stanbic etc / NAIRALANDERS: Be Careful Of Where You Invest Your Money On This Platform. / MMM Yet To Pay Participants 72 Hours After Comeback

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.