Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,816 members, 7,817,368 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:09 AM

‘smallville’ Actress Allison Mack To Face Life Imprisonment For Sex Trafficking - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / ‘smallville’ Actress Allison Mack To Face Life Imprisonment For Sex Trafficking (1302 Views)

You Cannot Be Dating A Lady And Not Be Willing To Support Her - Allison Hyacinth / Allison Bisongs Hyacintho: My Experience With A Pastor & Wife On Their Honeymoon / MC Boki, MC Makopolo, Sophia Allison: Behind Videos Of Ladies Proposing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

‘smallville’ Actress Allison Mack To Face Life Imprisonment For Sex Trafficking by superemmy(m): 1:20pm On May 31, 2018
‘Smallville’ Actress Allison Mack Arrested In Sex Trafficking Scheme, Faces 15 Years To Life Imprisonment If Convicted

Allison Mack, who played Chloe Sullivan for 10 seasons on the Superman TV series Smallville, was arrested Friday in New York on charges of sex trafficking, sex trafficking conspiracy and forced labor conspiracy. She was indicted along with Keith Raniere, the alleged leader of a self-help program and purported pyramid scheme being investigated for operating a shadow society of female “slaves.”

According to prosecutors, Mack is credited in publicly available materials with co-creating a program called The Source, which recruited actors.

“As alleged in the indictment, Allison Mack recruited women to join what was purported to be a female mentorship group that was, in fact, created and led by Keith Raniere,” United States Attorney Richard P. Donoghue said today. “The victims were then exploited, both sexually and for their labor, to the defendants’ benefit.”

The U.S. Attorney’s Office for the Eastern District of New York announced the indictment today; Mack is scheduled to be arraigned this afternoon before U.S. Magistrate Judge Cheryl L. Pollak. Raniere previously was arrested on a complaint and ordered detained, the U.S. Attorney’s Office said. He will be arraigned at a later date.

Here are details of the case from the Justice Department press release:

According to court filings, during the past 20 years, Raniere established a series of purported self-help programs within his umbrella organization “Nxivm” (pronounced NEX-i-um). Nxivm is based in Albany, New York and has operated centers in the United States, Mexico, Canada and South America. Nxivm maintains features of a pyramid scheme, as its courses cost thousands of dollars each and participants (“Nxians”) are encouraged to pay for additional classes and to recruit others to take classes in order to rise within the ranks of Nxivm.

A number of Nxians were residents of the Eastern District of New York when they were recruited, and Nxivm has held promotional recruiting events in Brooklyn. Mack is credited in publicly available materials with co-creating a Nxivm program, called The Source, which recruited actors.

As detailed in court filings, in 2015, Raniere created a secret society within Nxivm called “DOS,” an acronym that stands for a Latin phrase that loosely translates to “Lord/Master of the Obedient Female Companions,” or “The Vow.” DOS operated with levels of women “slaves” headed by “masters.” Slaves were expected to recruit slaves of their own (thus becoming masters themselves), who in turn owed service not only to their own masters but also to masters above them in the DOS pyramid. Raniere stood alone at the top of the pyramid. Other than Raniere, all members of DOS were women. Mack is one of the women in the first level of the pyramid immediately below Raniere.

Mack and other DOS masters recruited DOS slaves by telling them that they were joining a women-only organization that would empower them and eradicate purported weaknesses that the Nxivm curriculum taught were common in women. Mack and other DOS masters concealed Raniere’s status at the top of the pyramid from new recruits.

As a pre-condition to joining DOS, women were required to provide “collateral,” which included highly damaging information about friends and family members, nude photographs and/or rights to the recruit’s assets. DOS slaves were told that their collateral could be released for any number of reasons, including telling anyone about DOS’s existence or leaving DOS.

Many DOS slaves were branded on their pelvic areas using a cauterizing pen with a symbol which, unbeknownst to them, incorporated Raniere’s initials. During the branding ceremonies, slaves were required to be fully naked, and a master would order one slave to film the branding while the others restrained the slave being branded.

According to court filings, Mack directly or implicitly required her slaves, including Jane Does 1 and 2, as identified in the Indictment, to engage in sexual activity with Raniere. In exchange for this, Mack received financial and other benefits from Raniere. Jane Doe 1 and Jane Doe 2 believed that if they did not participate in those activities with Raniere, their collateral would be released.

Cc: Lalasticlala

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: ‘smallville’ Actress Allison Mack To Face Life Imprisonment For Sex Trafficking by Nbote(m): 1:29pm On May 31, 2018
Choi!!! Clark Kent can't save her now... But oyibo ppl are quite easy to exploit sha

1 Like

Re: ‘smallville’ Actress Allison Mack To Face Life Imprisonment For Sex Trafficking by OlympianZeus(m): 1:38pm On May 31, 2018
Nbote:
Choi!!! Clark Kent can't save her now... But oyibo ppl are quite easy to exploit sha

Abi na. . No more somebody save me....
Re: ‘smallville’ Actress Allison Mack To Face Life Imprisonment For Sex Trafficking by onecornerboy(m): 1:40pm On May 31, 2018
WHERE IS SUPERMAN!! OYA COME AND DO WHAT YOU ARE GOOD AT.
Re: ‘smallville’ Actress Allison Mack To Face Life Imprisonment For Sex Trafficking by ChiChilolo(f): 1:42pm On May 31, 2018
Ehyaa it's a pity, a well respected woman like her would get indulged in something like this.
Anyways who I'm I to judge. Everybody with their wahala biko
Re: ‘smallville’ Actress Allison Mack To Face Life Imprisonment For Sex Trafficking by QueenSuccubus(f): 1:43pm On May 31, 2018
grin

Pyramid scheme of sex slavery? grin grin grin

I wonder who are those she recruited? Any big names to spill? wink

I will be following this news on TMZ cheesy
Re: ‘smallville’ Actress Allison Mack To Face Life Imprisonment For Sex Trafficking by ValZod(m): 1:46pm On May 31, 2018
QueenSuccubus:
grin

Pyramid scheme of sex slavery? grin grin grin

I wonder who are those she recruited? Any big names to spill? wink

I will be following this news on TMZ cheesy

Like a mixture of MMM and Edo-Libya hustle gone wrong cheesy
Re: ‘smallville’ Actress Allison Mack To Face Life Imprisonment For Sex Trafficking by IamPlato(m): 1:47pm On May 31, 2018

*singing*
Somebody Save Me
Re: ‘smallville’ Actress Allison Mack To Face Life Imprisonment For Sex Trafficking by ubunja(m): 1:49pm On May 31, 2018
does typing misleading titles make you feel intelligent??
Re: ‘smallville’ Actress Allison Mack To Face Life Imprisonment For Sex Trafficking by QueenSuccubus(f): 1:52pm On May 31, 2018
ValZod:

Like a mixture of MMM and Edo-Libya hustle gone wrong cheesy

grin grin grin

Well , i have no idea what is MMM & EDO-LIBYA but all i thought when ppol say, pyramid scheme , they are just talking abt money until this one came to light.. cheesy

This one na balm pass any scheme ooo lipsrsealed
Re: ‘smallville’ Actress Allison Mack To Face Life Imprisonment For Sex Trafficking by superemmy(m): 1:55pm On May 31, 2018
ubunja:
does typing misleading titles make you feel intelligent??

Youngman how have I misled you with the title. Or I should use pidgin english?
Re: ‘smallville’ Actress Allison Mack To Face Life Imprisonment For Sex Trafficking by ValZod(m): 1:57pm On May 31, 2018
QueenSuccubus:

grin grin grin

Well , i have no idea what is MMM & EDO-LIBYA but all i thought when ppol say, pyramid scheme , they are just talking abt money until this one came to light.. cheesy

This one na balm pass any scheme ooo lipsrsealed

Lolz. You no sabi MMM AND EDO-LIBYA hustle? Are you a Nigerian? shocked
Re: ‘smallville’ Actress Allison Mack To Face Life Imprisonment For Sex Trafficking by ubunja(m): 1:58pm On May 31, 2018
superemmy:

Youngman how have I misled you with the title. Or I should use pidgin english?
why didnt you say
" ‘smallville’ Actress Allison Mack To Face 15 Years Imprisonment For Sex Trafficking' ?
Re: ‘smallville’ Actress Allison Mack To Face Life Imprisonment For Sex Trafficking by superemmy(m): 1:59pm On May 31, 2018
ubunja:

why didnt you say
" ‘smallville’ Actress Allison Mack To Face 15 Years Imprisonment For Sex Trafficking' ?

Not 15 Years but 15 years to Life Imprisonment depending on the mood of the Judge or Jury.
Re: ‘smallville’ Actress Allison Mack To Face Life Imprisonment For Sex Trafficking by ubunja(m): 2:03pm On May 31, 2018
superemmy:

Not 15 Years but 15 years to Life Imprisonment depending on the mood of the Judge or Jury.
my point is why did you jump to highlight the extreme end "Life" instead of the "15 years". you saw that 15 years doesnt generate views hey?
Re: ‘smallville’ Actress Allison Mack To Face Life Imprisonment For Sex Trafficking by QueenSuccubus(f): 2:04pm On May 31, 2018
ValZod:

Lolz. You no sabi MMM AND EDO-LIBYA hustle? Are you a Nigerian? shocked

Nope...Im an Asian who lost the trail on NL grin
Re: ‘smallville’ Actress Allison Mack To Face Life Imprisonment For Sex Trafficking by ValZod(m): 2:06pm On May 31, 2018
ubunja:
my point is why did you jump to highlight the extreme end "Life" instead of the "15 years". you saw that 15 years doesnt generate views hey?

You no say Oyibo no be Naija, dem dey take sex offense personal. Dem fit jail her for life o. Dem no send if she be celebobo
Re: ‘smallville’ Actress Allison Mack To Face Life Imprisonment For Sex Trafficking by ubunja(m): 2:09pm On May 31, 2018
ValZod:

You no say Oyibo no be Naija, dem dey take sex offense personal. Dem fit jail her for life o. Dem no send if she be celebobo
what
Re: ‘smallville’ Actress Allison Mack To Face Life Imprisonment For Sex Trafficking by ValZod(m): 2:09pm On May 31, 2018
QueenSuccubus:

Nope...Im an Asian who lost the trail on NL grin

Oh I see :干得好,我很高兴认识你 grin grin grin
Re: ‘smallville’ Actress Allison Mack To Face Life Imprisonment For Sex Trafficking by QueenSuccubus(f): 2:15pm On May 31, 2018
ValZod:

Oh I see :干得好,我很高兴认识你 grin grin grin

Me no speak that language..but nice try.
Re: ‘smallville’ Actress Allison Mack To Face Life Imprisonment For Sex Trafficking by Blackfire(m): 3:33pm On May 31, 2018
Where is Clark Kent.....

Superman

(1) (Reply)

Rihanna Flaunts Her Curves In Hot-pink Lingerie As She Promotes Her Valentine’s / I Caught Her Red Handed Again / Why Does My Girlfriend Keep Doing This?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.