Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,818 members, 7,810,138 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:32 PM

Wilting Matrimony #2/matrimonyseries/ - Literature (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Wilting Matrimony #2/matrimonyseries/ (67351 Views)

Deadly Matrimony [Romance❤] / Matrimony Of Secrets / Lethal Matrimony (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Wilting Matrimony #2/matrimonyseries/ by Giannaaaaaa: 2:21pm On Jun 19, 2018
...college...
...years back...

"I have a test tomorrow, I have to read. You promised that you wouldn't bother me if I came over" Dara whined turning the other way.

"You take things way too serious babe, live a little. Close the book and let me give you a little spice" Jidenna kissed her neck.

"Later" Dara pulled away. "Why do you always do this every time Dara? You won't let me touch you" Jidenna asked her looking pissed.

"What are you talking about?" Dara asked. "I think I've earned the right to touch my girlfriend, you won't let me touch you. You won't even touch me either. I can't fück you" Jidenna looked frustrated.

"Don't use that kind of crude word. I told you already I didn't want to sleep with anyone. I promised my mum I wouldn't sleep with anyone till I got married, I'm not breaking my promise" Dara said wrapping her arms around herself.

This was way she hadn't even wanted a relationship in the first place, but Jidenna had made her fall in love. Despite her love for him, she didn't want to give in.

"When we get married, we could....." Dara started but kept quiet when Jidenna shot her a look. 'Who says I want to marry you?' he wondered mutely.

"I'm sorry, what's the rush? I just have two years till I graduate. After my youth service, we could get married" Dara played with the edge of her skirt.

Jidenna scoffed "So basically you want me to wait for you for three to four years. Do I look like a monk to you Dara?" he asked.

"Well what do you want me to do?" she asked near to tears. She wasn't going to have sex till marriage, nothing would make her break her promise.

"You're right, it isn't fair of me to ask you to give up your dearest virginity. Keep it, whoever marries you can have it. I don't give a fück" Jidenna said picking up the duvet on the bed.

"What are you saying?" Dara asked him calmly. Somehow she already knew what he was saying, what he meant.

"This relationship is not heading anywhere Dara, why continue?" he asked her. He walked to the couch and sat down.

"Because I won't have sex with you?" she asked him. "No, not just that. I don't love you, you're not exactly my type" Jidenna said coldly.

"What?" Dara asked in disbelief. "Look Dara, it's late you can stay here for tonight. We can remain friends, this relationship is over. I don't want to discuss this anymore, go to bed" Jidenna said coldly before turning away from her.

"You don't mean that" Dara said hurt. He didn't respond, not even when she broke into tears.

The next day when she woke up, he was gone. She picked up her things and left the house.

••••••••••••

"I can't believe I forgot my text book at Jay's house. What was I thinking?" Dara asked Nene amused.

"Do you think around him, you love that guy way too much. A woman shouldn't love a man that way" Nene hissed.

"Hmm, love doctor Kainene" Cassie remarked lifting her head from her phone.

"I'm serious!" Nene said. "He doesn't feel the same way. Don't you see the way he talks to her, like she's a child. He didn't love you, I'm glad you two are done" Nene said frowning.

Cassie turned to Dara "Well... What are you going to do about the text book? " she asked.

"Get another one" Dara said sourly. They'd been over for two weeks now but she didn't think she could handle going to his house.

"No way! We're all going to his house to get our text book. And we'll glam you up so the idiot can see what he's missing" Nene said.

"I don't think that's a good idea" Dara said nervously. "I'm firmly behind Nene, we're going to get the text book. Screw Jidenna, he needs to see you're over him" Cassie said.

"But I'm not" Dara said. "Because he's your first boyfriend. You'll get over it, anyway he wouldn't know you still love him. You just need to act like you don't" Nene said.

"This is a bad idea" Dara protested. "Best idea ever!" Nene giggled before going to her wardrobe.

Dara knocked nervously at first before Nene had pushed her to the side. She banged the door rudely till it came open.

"What do you want?" A tall fair skinny girl wearing a large T-shirt asked coming out of the house. She looked really pretty, like someone Jidenna would date.

'His type' Dara's heart fell. She tried not to look at the girl, and the T-shirt. The T-shirt she'd bought for him on his birthday.
"Who the heck are you?" Nene asked glaring at miss long legs.

"The girlfriend, who the hell are you?" Miss long legs had asked.

"Friend of the ex girlfriend, tell Mr asshole that we're outside and we want our text book" Nene frowned. "Could we just go?" Dara whispered to Cassie.

"No" Cassie maintained. "We're getting out textbook, period" Cassie hissed. Miss long legs rolled her pretty eyes framed by long lashes before going back into the house.

She came out minutes later with Jidenna. "Jenifer, let me handle this" he said to her. A passive look on his face, as he noticed two angry women and a downcast expression.

"Did you come to make trouble?" he asked the trio the minute Jenifer went into the house. "Trouble? You're not worth it" Cassie replied.

"Then what do you want?" He frowned. "I left my text book here and a few other things. I came to get them" Dara replied.

"I'm sorry about that but I cleaned up the house and trashed them" Jidenna said.

"How dare you?" Nene spat. "That's fine, girls let's go" Dara said. "No, let me give this bastard a piece of my mind" Nene said.

"Forget it, let's go" Dara turned away and left. Cassie and Nene had said a few words to Jidenna but she didn't hear it. She didn't feel anything.

She was numb, so this was what heart break felt like.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wilting Matrimony #2/matrimonyseries/ by skubido(m): 3:11pm On Jun 19, 2018
OP tanks a lot for the update.

1 Like

Re: Wilting Matrimony #2/matrimonyseries/ by bimberry1307(f): 3:43pm On Jun 19, 2018
wow. cant wait to read how they hit it off again.

1 Like

Re: Wilting Matrimony #2/matrimonyseries/ by Saintmary(f): 5:42pm On Jun 19, 2018
Trouble in paradise

1 Like

Re: Wilting Matrimony #2/matrimonyseries/ by Ann2012(f): 5:46pm On Jun 19, 2018
Thanks a lot Giannaaaaa, I just pray they all find peace in their home

1 Like

Re: Wilting Matrimony #2/matrimonyseries/ by aytuns(m): 6:21pm On Jun 19, 2018
Following to the last full stop.. I really really want to see what made Dara accept Jidenna back.. Hmm
Re: Wilting Matrimony #2/matrimonyseries/ by Giannaaaaaa: 6:54pm On Jun 19, 2018

Nene's phone rang the minute she walked out of the restaurant. She checked the caller, it was Richard.

"Yes, what do you want?" she asked rudely when she answered. Richard knew instantly that she'd was in a foul mood.

"We have a problem Nene" he said calmly. "What is it again? Handle it Richard. Please, I'm not in the mood!" Nene said frustrated entering into her car.

She needed a drink, not just a drink. She needed escape, alcohol escape.

"Come home Nene, we need to talk" Richard said. "Home? Do we have a home Richard, you call a rented apartment our home? Whatever the problem is handle it yourself" Nene said.

"Nene I need you right now, I need you here" Richard said. "And I need a lot of things, I need a lot of things but I don't have it. Leave me the hell alone!" Nene screamed and ended the call. She threw her cell out of the car like a crazed woman before driving away.

"Where is Nene?" Cassie asked the minute Richard answered the door.

"Shouldn't I be asking you that Cass? She went out to see you" Richard said going back into the house. Cassie followed looking confused.

"That was six hours ago, I saw her phone outside the restaurant. It's broken, I tried calling you but your phone was switched off" Cassie said looking worried.

"What about her car?" Richard asked alarmed. "It's gone, and she's not back?" Cassie asked.

"No, I talked to her earlier but she seemed mad. I hope she's not doing something crazy, you know how Nene has a streak of madness" Richard sighed.

"I hope so too, anyway how's the boys?" Cassie asked. "Grandma's house" Richard said.

"Okay, my husband is waiting for me at home. Apparently something came up, let me know if madam shows up." Cassie said.

"Okay I'll do just..." Richard was saying when they heard the sound of a vehicle. Nene was back.

"Well... Madam is back" Richard went to the door and yanked it open. It was Malik who got down from Nene's car.

"What is he doing here?" Cassie hissed when she saw Malik. "Why is he driving Nene's car?" Richard asked.

Malik turned over to the back seat and picked up Nene. "Where are we?" she asked. "I've brought you to your husband sweetheart, you'll be fine. Relax" Malik said taking her out of the car.

Cassie and Richard went over to him. "Malik" Cassie said with disgust. "Did you drug my friend? I wouldn't put it past you" Cassie said.

"Cleopatra, why would you think that?" Malik asked feigning a wounded look. "The name is Cassandra" Cassie hissed. "What's the difference?" Malik asked.

"What's going on here, what's wrong with Nene?" Richard asked taking Nene from Malik. "Nene here is drunk, I found her at the bar. I brought her back to you, I'm a good man Richard, despite what you think" Malik said.

"Why should I believe anything you say?" Richard asked. "You can ask her when she's back to normal. If you don't mind, I'd take my leave now. My driver followed and he's waiting for me outside" Malik winked.

"Goodnight Richard, Cleopatra. Maybe we could see some other time, oh and say hello to my god children" He said before leaving.

Cassie turned to Richard "Tighten your leash on Nene, I don't trust Malik. Goodnight Richard" Cassie said shaking her head before leaving.

Richard looked at his woman, she had resorted to drinking. Was she that unhappy?

4 Likes

Re: Wilting Matrimony #2/matrimonyseries/ by Giannaaaaaa: 8:12pm On Jun 19, 2018

"Baby what's the emergency?" Cassie asked entering the house. She was surprised when she walked into the living room and met the ademola clan.

"Good evening everyone" Cassie locked eyes with Dele who was smiling wickedly.

"Good evening" They chorused coldly. Cassie walked to her husband and sat beside him. "Where is Tiwa?" Cassie asked.

"Upstairs, she's asleep." Tobi replied coldly and took her hands. He squeezed them, Cassie noticed his eyes were red again.

"Cassandra we're all here because of you. Your mother in law brought a matter to our notice and we're here to address it" Babalola said. He was the head of the house since Tobi's father passed.

"What's the matter uncle Babs, what has mummy told you?" Cassie asked. Her heart was leaping.

"Dele here told your mother in law that the both of you had an affair under your husband's roof, how true is this?" Babalola asked.

Cassie instantly looked at Dele again. "I wouldn't call it an affair, Dele here forced me to..." Mrs Ademola cut her off instantly.

"Did you or did you not sleep with him?" She asked. "Mother......!" Tobi looked angry now.

"Tobi you're advised not to interfere, I want the truth in this matter. Speak Cassandra, you cheated on your husband with his half brother in this house?" Babalola asked.

"Yes, it was a mistake. I cut ties with Dele and I... " Cassie was cut off again by her mother in law. "Really, mistake? You were sleeping with him for weeks!" Mrs Ademola said.

"What nonsense mother, stop it this instant" Tobi turned to his mother angrily again. "Don't speak to your mother that way Son" Babalola chided.

"I'm not your son!" Tobi spat. "Very well, but I'm old enough to be your father and you will sit and listen to me. Be quiet or I'll have you thrown out of your own house!" Babalola fumed.

Tobi nodded still looking angry. "What were you saying Cassandra?" Babalola asked. "I said Dele forced me, I told him I wasn't interested but he used force to get what he wanted" Cassie wiped a stray tear away.

"Dele did you force your brother's wife?" Babalola asked. "Uncle Babs, why would I do that? Cassandra here threw herself at me the moment she saw me. She said she wanted me, she was angry that her husband had baby mamas about and wanted to get even. She was willing" Dele smirked at Tobi.

"You bastard! I let you into my home yet you..." Tobi started angrily again but his uncle shut him up. "Sit down young man" Afeni said looking angry.

"Don't waste our time, let's settle this issue and leave. Your mother came to us and told us that your promiscuous wife slept with your brother. And that your daughter is his, yet you won't let him keep her" Afeni sneered.

"My wife is not promiscuous, I don't care if you're my uncle. You're in my house, don't you dare talk about my wife that way" Tobi looked mad.

"It's not my fault you married a slut" Afeni said. Cassie held Tobi back so he wouldn't respond.

"Let them talk and leave" She begged Tobi in a whisper.

Tobi squeezed her hand again this time in a comforting gesture. Dele eyed their union enviously. He could kill just to have the one woman he wanted. Cassandra.....

"Tiwa is not Dele's daughter, she's Tobi's" Cassandra said. "Did you do a paternity test, how do you know that?" Mrs Ademola asked.

"I know because she's my daughter!" Cassie snapped wondering why her mother in law suddenly favored the bastard instead of her own son.

"Since the paternity remains questionable, I've decided that we'll solve this issue by finding out who truly is the father of the child" Babalola said. "I have arranged with the family doctor, a paternity test will be arranged tomorrow. This issue is dismissed till the result is ready" Babalola said.

"Okay sir" Cassie said. She turned to Tobi. "We'll talk with our lawyer tomorrow" she said quietly.

The Ademola clan began to disperse. "Everything will be fine" Cassie wrapped her arms around her husband.

She blamed herself for everything, if only she hadn't fallen into Dele's trap.
If only she could go back and change what she had done.

If only wishes were horses............

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wilting Matrimony #2/matrimonyseries/ by Nobody: 8:22pm On Jun 19, 2018
Thanks for the updates Giannaaaaaa.
I hope Tiwa doesn't turn out to be Dele's.
Nene needs a brain surgery to replace her fish brain with human brain.

5 Likes

Re: Wilting Matrimony #2/matrimonyseries/ by kennybelle: 9:00am On Jun 20, 2018
hmmnnn! this is getting more suspense-filled
Re: Wilting Matrimony #2/matrimonyseries/ by Gloriagee(f): 9:25am On Jun 20, 2018
Very well written
Re: Wilting Matrimony #2/matrimonyseries/ by skubido(m): 9:31am On Jun 20, 2018
Hmmmm, o ga oooo,,, anything u want to do today don't forget tomorrow.. Cassandra..
Richard should handle Nene well cuz of that stupid Malik.

OP tanks a lot for the update. Jah bless
Re: Wilting Matrimony #2/matrimonyseries/ by Ann2012(f): 9:49am On Jun 20, 2018
Thanks ma'am
Re: Wilting Matrimony #2/matrimonyseries/ by Nobody: 10:54am On Jun 20, 2018

8 Likes

Re: Wilting Matrimony #2/matrimonyseries/ by okeyben10: 11:09am On Jun 20, 2018
cheesy grin grin grin

lol

InkPaperVodka is Giana Jordan

she's tryna merge both alter egos or was this in error?

lol
Re: Wilting Matrimony #2/matrimonyseries/ by skubido(m): 11:33am On Jun 20, 2018
Nice wan richy, I pray Nene wake up nao to knw her left from right.

OP tanks a lot oooo. D Lord is ur strength oooo
Re: Wilting Matrimony #2/matrimonyseries/ by Crystalprince(m): 11:55am On Jun 20, 2018
Gianaaaaaaaa you are really good
Re: Wilting Matrimony #2/matrimonyseries/ by Nobody: 12:10pm On Jun 20, 2018
wink Basically I can't use my other account again. Don't know what is wrong with the Nairaland app
okeyben10:
cheesy grin grin grin

lol

InkPaperVodka is Giana Jordan

she's tryna merge both alter egos or was this in error?

lol

1 Like

Re: Wilting Matrimony #2/matrimonyseries/ by Nobody: 2:27pm On Jun 20, 2018
Wonderful, i have always suspected Giannaaaaaa to be InkPaperVodka, and i was right at last.

5 Likes

Re: Wilting Matrimony #2/matrimonyseries/ by Nobody: 2:31pm On Jun 20, 2018
I hope nothing happens to Richard and Nene's marriage.

6 Likes

Re: Wilting Matrimony #2/matrimonyseries/ by SapphirePRINCEX(f): 3:49pm On Jun 20, 2018
My guess was right cheesy
Re: Wilting Matrimony #2/matrimonyseries/ by GeoSilYe(f): 4:37pm On Jun 20, 2018
Inkpapervodka is Gianaaaaa shocked !!!
Re: Wilting Matrimony #2/matrimonyseries/ by Olawale118(m): 5:36pm On Jun 20, 2018
lols I once commented that the two write alike....so funny

1 Like

Re: Wilting Matrimony #2/matrimonyseries/ by Nobody: 5:57pm On Jun 20, 2018
richard handling nene like he studied womanology in school smiley
Re: Wilting Matrimony #2/matrimonyseries/ by splendidiva(f): 9:52pm On Jun 20, 2018
God pls don't giv malik wat he wnts.
Re: Wilting Matrimony #2/matrimonyseries/ by skubido(m): 9:54am On Jun 21, 2018
splendidiva:
God pls don't giv malik wat he wnts.

He can't... Malik will surely regret at last..
Re: Wilting Matrimony #2/matrimonyseries/ by Ann2012(f): 11:31am On Jun 21, 2018
Thanks InkPaperVodka......you're a darling kiss
Re: Wilting Matrimony #2/matrimonyseries/ by Giannaaaaaa: 12:26pm On Jun 21, 2018

"What happened yesterday Nene?" Richard asked Nene later in the afternoon when they were preparing lunch together.

"Nothing, I went to the bar, had a few drinks,  Malik decided to play hero and brought me home" Nene shrugged.

"No,  I meant what happened to you? You yelled at me over the phone and threw your phone away.  Why did you go to the bar yesterday, why get drunk kainene?" Richard asked.

"Does it matter? I can exactly go back and change what I'd done.  You're used to my bad habits aren't you? That's why you decided to turn to Idara for help,  you let her dig up my family's secret and ruin everything they've built.  Now look at where we are" Nene hissed.

"Why do you always bring this up?  your dad was making illegal oil deals with other countries. Your mother was embezzling...." Richard started when Nene cut him off.

"What does it matter, I was happy!" Nene yelled at him.  "Were you really happy?" Richard asked her.  Nene frowned "At least I wasn't broke, I didn't live in a dump" Nene said.

"Are you broke Nene, do you think I'm stupid? I know how much you're really earning.  I saw a text from your bank on your phone some time ago,  when were you going to tell me you were really earning five hundred thousand?" Richard asked.

"Richard...i. " Richard held up his hand. "You can keep your damn dirty money Nene, and you know it's dirty money.  I gave you a home when your parents ran out on you leaving you nothing, you call it a dump because it doesn't suit your taste? That's fine,  you won't have to stay in this dump anymore" Richard said and dropped the knife. He walked out of the kitchen leaving Nene hanging.

She gave him time to cool off. After finishing the cooking alone, she joined him.
"What do you mean by I won't have to stay in this dump anymore?" Nene asked.

"Landlord called yesterday morning , he said government had sold the land to someone else and they were going to demolish the building" Richard said.

Nene gasped "Demolish?  that doesn't make any sense. Why would they want to demolish the building?" Nene asked.

"My guesses are someone has paid him a really good amount for the land and he wants us out" Richard buried his head in his hands.

"Why...why is this happening? Could this be coincidence or karma for something Richard?  First your job,  then the house." Nene looked pained as she sat beside him.

"How long do we have left?" Nene asked Richard. "Roughly two months" Richard said.

"That's fine, I'll get us another place. How's your job hunt going?" Nene looked worried.

"There's no need for that Nene,  I spoke with the boys when the news came.  They said they'd be fine living with their grandmother. It's closer to their school too, now I know you won't stay in another dump so I won't ask you to move in with me" Richard said.

"You'd rather have us apart?" Nene asked. "Yes,  not for long but for a while.  Till I get my own job,  you can see the kids every weekend" Richard said.

"Why do I feel like you're trying to get rid of me?" Nene asked bitterly. "I'm not trying to get rid of you kainene. You're my wife and the mother of my children,  I just need space.  This is our best bet for now" Richard said.

"You need space?" Nene looked at him in disbelief. "Yes,  I need to think. Everytime something comes up you blame me for your misfortune. Tell me Nene, did you really enjoy spending illegitimate money?" Richard asked.

He didn't wait for her reply  "You keep lying and disrespecting me. There's only so much a man can take,  I need space. I need to breathe Nene, do you understand that?" Richard asked.

"Where will you go?" Nene asked. "Mum's house will be to cramped by the time most of our stuffs get there. Toni said she'd help keep most of our stuffs in her guest quarters" Richard said.

"So you talked with your family about everything before talking to your wife" Nene asked resentfully.

Richard glared at her "I did call my wife,  she hung up and decided to be irresponsible. You only care about yourself Nene,  that's why you decided to get drunk.  When was I supposed to discuss with you, when you were drunk or asleep?" Richard asked.

"Well where will you stay?" Nene asked again. "With Luke" Richard said. Luke was his best friend who had sworn never to get married, wise decision. He lives in a three room condo and Richard would be just fine there.

"Where will I stay?" Nene asked. "Did you think of that?" Nene asked bitterly. "You're a big girl,  you can take care of yourself. I trust you,  look for somewhere classy. Somewhere that fits your taste,  I wouldn't want you to live in a dump darling" Richard was sarcastic.

Nene wondered if this was the end of her marriage, out of sight, out of mind.  Would he find someone else, someone better?

1 Like

Re: Wilting Matrimony #2/matrimonyseries/ by Giannaaaaaa: 12:27pm On Jun 21, 2018

Dele paced around the hallway nervously. He hoped that Tiwa was really his daughter, at least one good thing would come out of his miserable life in this miserable world.

He had wanted a child with Cassie, children rather, a family. Too bad she'd stuck with his useless brother, fück the family cult.

"Dele sit down and stop pacing around" Mrs Ademola eyed him warily.

"Don't freaking tell me what to do,  I'm not your son that you can order about" Dele warned.

"I know that don't I? I think we've established that. What did I say about speaking to me rudely in public?" Mrs Ademola snapped.

"Shut the Bleep up already and let me think" He growled at her before turning away again.

Tobi wrapped his arms around his wife but his eyes were on his mother and Dele.

Why Dele, his mother had always detested Dele. Why was she having an affair with him now?  It didn't make any sense to him, none at all.  All those years of hatred,  was it purely pretense?

Doctor Abisuga came out carrying Tiwa who was babbling about something that happened in her school.

Her eyes lit up and she spoke animatedly, Cassie looked at her wondering if she was really part Dele. 
Sometimes she behaved oddly, like how she would throw a tantrum and destroy things. Tobi only got angry when he was pushed to the edge,  Dele on the other hand......No!

"Here's your bundle of joy, the results will be out in about twenty four hours. I'll mail it directly to Babalola" Doctor Abisuga smiled.

"Grannie!" Tiwa skipped to her grandma cheerily.
"I was a good girl,  I behaved" Tiwa jumped up and down. 
"Of course Tiwa,  you're always a good girl.  Did you say hello to uncle Dele?" Mrs Ademola asked.
"Uncle Dele" Tiwa acknowledged.
"How are you sweetheart" Dele kissed her cheek and she giggled. 

Cassie got up instantly and walked over to them. 
"If you don't mind I'm taking Tiwa home" She said and placed her hand on Tiwa's shoulder but Tiwa moved away.
"I want to go get ice cream and pizza with Uncle Dele" She played with the beads on her hair.

"Honey we'll buy you pizza on the way home" Tobi said coldly.
"I think Dele has earned the right to spend time with his niece" Mrs Ademola said.  "Mom" Tobi looked mad. 
"Now's not the right time, maybe some other time" Cassie protested, she didn't want to leave her child with Dele.

"Dele will bring Tiwa home before dinner no more questions. Goodbye Cassie, Tobi" Mrs Ademola dared her son to refuse her.

Cassie turned to Tobi for help, she didn't want her daughter alone with the devil.  She didn't trust Dele,  imagine if he took her daughter away.

"Cassie let's go" Tobi turned away.  What? Cassie looked baffled. She turned to Tiwa and frowned, why did the little girl have to be so stubborn sometimes and selfish too?

"Mummy aren't you leaving with Dad?" Tiwa asked innocently.
"Six o'clock Dele,  and if you do anything to my child, I will find you kill you once and for all" Cassie said for Dele's ears alone.
Dele chuckled "Sweetheart why would I hurt our child?" he asked. Cassie glared at him before walking away. 

Dele smirked and turned to Mrs Ademola, "You can stop hovering about me like a lost puppy now,  get lost.  I want some privacy with my daughter " Dele glared at Mrs Ademola.
"Of course, if you want anything else you know where to find me" She said and walked away.

"Why is grannie leaving?" Tiwa asked her uncle.
"She doesn't like ice cream honey" he picked her up.
"Now what's your favorite ice cream?" he smiled at her. 
"I love mint chocolate chips,  fudge cake, coconut,  peanut and just regular chocolate but mummy doesn't let me have them all at the same time" Tiwa pouted a little.
"You can have anything you want, mummy is not here" Dele winked.
"I can have it all?" Tiwa's eyes were like saucers.

"Anything for my girl" Dele said.

5 Likes

Re: Wilting Matrimony #2/matrimonyseries/ by aprilwise(m): 1:03pm On Jun 21, 2018
Tiwa never knew that she is the centre of attraction. i always anticipate to read the next update. nice one.
Re: Wilting Matrimony #2/matrimonyseries/ by Giannaaaaaa: 3:08pm On Jun 21, 2018
.....years back......

"I had a good time, besides it made me realize how much I miss your cooking" Jidenna smiled a little bit uncomfortable because three of Dara's siblings were watching from a safe distance.

Her face glowed, at least he'd missed something about her.  "I'm sorry about my brothers, they can be  overly  protective" Dara said looking at her toes.  "I understand, I have a little sister too" Jidenna cleared his throat.

Awkward....Dara thought. Maybe she should try researching 'creative ways to part with your ex again' "Goodbye?" she didn't want him to go.

"Goodbye" he said and turned away from her. Dara watched him retreat into his car and wondered what she was lacking, he hadn't even asked for her contact. He didn't want to see her again.

"Interesting young man" Tomi said placing his hand on his sister's shoulder. "What?..yes! He is" Dara smiled up at her brother. "He's not the one for you sis" Tomi said.
Dara pulled away from her brother "He's not my anything" Dara whispered.
"Maybe, but I see the way you looked at him. He doesn't feel the same way" Tomi said.
"Maybe with time.... " Dara said but Tomi only shook his head. "Honey,  I know his type. I'd hate for you to get hurt. God will bring you someone else" Tomi said.

She'd forgotten Tomi's advice two months later when she'd run into Jidenna at the bank.  She believed fate kept  bringing them together.

"Jidenna!" she called when she saw him walking past the lobby. She followed him dropping the withdrawal slip hastily.

"I don't have time Dara, I'm sorry maybe some other time" he looked angry and his words were harsh but that didn't deter her.

"You look so upset, I'm sorry is there anything I can do to help?" she asked him concerned.

"Nothing!" he snapped. "Please talk to me, I really want to help" Dara pushed.

"Always madam two goody shoes aren't you, I'm not some sort of stray that need to be brought into the fold. I don't need your help, please leave. You're bothering me" Jidenna said.

"If that's what you want" Dara said sadly and turned away from him immediately. She heard him sharp intake of breath.

"I'm sorry Dara,  I don't mean to be so harsh. I'm just in a foul mood" he called back.  Dara turned back to him "I understand, it's just one of those days" Dara said.
"It's worse Dara, no one really understands me.  I want to do something that would change a lot but no one ever understands. No one ever wants to help" Jidenna said.

"Let me buy you lunch, you need someone to talk to" Dara offered and waited patiently for him to accept.

Jidenna nodded and followed her to a near by eatery. After the waiter had dropped their order of burgers and sodas,  Dara turned to him with a smile.

"What's the matter J?" she asked him taking his hand in hers in a comforting gesture. Jidenna pulled away to uncork his soda. "Everything" Jidenna said closing his eyes briefly.

Dara kept quiet and waited for him to continue.
"I lost my job, the car, the apartment and everything that comes with it.  I stay with my sister now" Jidenna said.
He didn't add that the woman he wanted to marry kept on refusing him,  Jenifer had resorted to avoiding him now.

"I'm sorry" Dara said not knowing anything else to say.
"It's okay,  life will get better" he said.
"I hope so,  maybe if you could forward me your CV, I could try to ask my brothers or my parents for help.  Nene's dad has a... " Jidenna cut her off.

"There is no need for that" He said taking a sip of his soda.
"I appreciate your help but I don't want to work for anyone else" Jidenna said.
"Well what would you like to do?" Dara asked.

"Nothing" Jidenna said too quickly.
"You shouldn't hide anything from me" Dara said .
"I want to go into forex trading" Jidenna said.
"I know what you're thinking, how does a broke man achieve that" Jidenna looked amused a little but his hands shook.

"No, of course not.  You were always ambitious and I've always believed in you" Dara said.
"You're a good friend" Jidenna said absently.

Dara ignored the pang of hurt, he needed her that was all that mattered. "So what are your plans?" Dara asked.

"I've been talking with the right people,  all I need is the capital. I went to the bank and tried my best to get them to help but you know how they can be" Jidenna said.

"And how much do you need?" Dara asked.

"Doesn't matter, I can't raise the money before next month. The people will just take their business elsewhere" Jidenna said.

"How much do you need?" Dara asked again. Jidenna looked her squarely in the eyes.  "Six million Naira Dara, six million. I've raised just one point five million. I have no-one to borrow from again. The bank was my only hope" Jidenna said.

"And if you invest the money what would come out of it?" Dara asked him playing with her bracelet. 
She quickly made a mental list of everyone in her family that owed her favors, her friends, Nene and Cassie.  Cassie's father was bloody rich, hell even richer than Nene's.

"Let's say I should be making two million every month. At the end of the year I can renew my contract with them or just go solo" Jidenna said.

"And it's legitimate, you're sure it's not a scam?"  Dara asked.  Jidenna shook his head "It's all a gamble, but  I'm willing to risk it.  Do you understand?" Jidenna searched her face.

And she was ready to risk it with him. "I've been saving up money" Dara said.
"For?" he asked her. 
"My wedding" Dara would have tinted if she had white skin.
"Wow,  you're getting married?" he asked her. 
"No... I don't have anyone now. I'm just saving ahead to get my perfect wedding" Dara smiled. 
"I hope you get that, whoever marries you is a lucky man. I mean it Dara" Jidenna thought of Jenifer.

"It's not much, just about four hundred and fifty. I'll empty my savings tomorrow, you need it more than I do" Dara said.

"What?" Jidenna shook his head. "No,  please let me help you. I have faith in you and I know you will pay me back someday.  I want to give you the money" Dara said.

"What about your dream wedding?" Jidenna asked. "It can wait. Yours is more important. I'll also run around and ask for more to help you" Dara said. "Why?  I've...I've...treated you badly in the past" Jidenna looked perplexed.

"In the past, let's look to the future. Beside I owe you for helping me out at the mall that day. Let me help you now" Dara smiled.

"Thank you Dara,  thank you" Jidenna got up and pulled her into a hug.  "He's worth it" Dara told herself.

The next day, Dara had called almost everyone she knew.
Cassie and Nene had helped out too, giving her close to two million Naira. Although they weren't aware she was helping out her ex boyfriend.

Her brothers Abayomi, Adedayo and Tomiwa had also helped their sister. The stress was worth it, the priceless look on Jidenna's face when she handed him a cheque.
The smile that followed and the proposal that followed six months later when he had hit it big was worth it.

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

The Den Of Delilah / Toto Pass Toto 21+ / The Return of Madly In Love With A Non-human(SECOND CHANCE)SEASON 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 125
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.