Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,122 members, 7,811,155 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 03:24 AM

"Nigeria Is In Big Problem!" - Doctor Olufunmilayo Harvey - Health (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / "Nigeria Is In Big Problem!" - Doctor Olufunmilayo Harvey (40996 Views)

Things That Can Weaken A Man's Erection By Dr Olufunmilayo / Some Labs Are Giving False HIV Results In Lagos - Doctor Olufunmilayo / Doctor Olufunmilayo: "3 Minutes Is Enough For Sex, You Don't Need Drugs At All" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "Nigeria Is In Big Problem!" - Doctor Olufunmilayo Harvey by Nobody: 6:49am On Jun 21, 2018
sartorius:
It's a win win situation for Nigeria because they would get better exposure and transfer knowledge back. For instance, Cedar crest hospital in Abuja where Buhari's son was managed is owned by a Nigerian doctor that spent 10 years working with the NHS after which he invested resources back into the country and built a nice hospital.
Secondly, There major problem is not lack of doctors but the poor infrastructure, abysmal health sector funding, non functional primary healthcare and underutilised health insurance scheme.
most of them plan never to come back and the ones that do is only 10%.
Re: "Nigeria Is In Big Problem!" - Doctor Olufunmilayo Harvey by Jokerman(m): 6:49am On Jun 21, 2018
missyadorable:
So after relocating to paradise ,you are writing epistles to discourage others from joining you.
Kolewerk!
PLAB, USMLE and other foreign exams on point.

Nigeria doesn't need medical doctors.
After all nobody even appreciates them.
Patients and other health workers including cleaners are fighting them.

I implore every medical doctor to gather resources and leave this country...
God bless you.
I am a lawyer and I am on my way out already.
See you in paradise

Jesus Christ... babe, if everyone leaves, who will vote out Buhari.... biko, let's vote him out before una leave please ...
Re: "Nigeria Is In Big Problem!" - Doctor Olufunmilayo Harvey by MrBigiman: 6:51am On Jun 21, 2018
Amarabae:

Aunty lawyer, how many countries abroad have we heard that are looking for lawyers to immigrate?
In your mind, we proud johesu professionals are fighting doctors?
When we go on strike, is it against doctors or against government?
Get your facts right.
BTW Nurses are far more sought after abroad than lawyers because I have not heard about Nigerian lawyers being wooed by foreign countries.
Don't overrate yourselves.
Thanks.

ORIAKU AMARA
proud daughter of Florence Nightingale
cool cool

U are so used to bringing other people's profession down and it's sad. The other time u insulted Engineers and claimed Agricultural Engineers were less than u. U also insulted Consultant physicians claiming u know more than them, yet u want to travel to the UK were the physicians plan must be followed to the letter or u fill an incident form. You better retrace ur steps.

Several Nigerian Lawyers have written the LCAT and other law exams and are practising successfully abroad. Law is a professional course and yes is rated higher than Nursing anywhere in the world. People leave Nursing school in Nigeria, and do just 1 year and get their BSC in the UK. Non science related People also have an acelerated 2 years program to become nurses in the US, so nursing is not a hard nut to crack. Reginia Askia once boasted of being an art student, but passing the nursing exams and now being a senior nurse in the US. Dekunle Fuji also dumped a failing music career for nursing. It's only in naija nursing runs for Donkey years.

That said. Humble urself, write ur IELTs and aim an average of 7, and a minimum of 7, write the CBT, then proceed for OSCE. Several school of nursing ladies has given up on the IELTs, so be sober and cross that not so difficult huddle. Before boasting of leaving.

5 Likes

Re: "Nigeria Is In Big Problem!" - Doctor Olufunmilayo Harvey by rentAcock(m): 6:52am On Jun 21, 2018
LastSurvivor11:

Your type will never take up an uncertain challenges due to fear of failure..
U said u know about ur church member that failed to realise his dream, lemme tell you my two blood sisters are now nurses abroad, one in Germany, if you know what it takes to obtain a German language certificate talk more of practicing but she made it as the only African nurse in her district, second one is still completing her studies in USA, then I know two Doctors in USA lavishly living their dreams..

Ur church member might not actually actualize his dream but believe me atleast his giving his children the live and the level playing ground in the world stage while u sit here n consider him failure..

We are talking about doctors and you are talking about nursing. There is even a shortage of nurses in the U.S and so many Africans, Caribbeans and Filipinos go into nursing. I even know Nigerians who studied nursing in Nigeria and they were recruited by staffing agencies in the U.S when the shortage was very severe. Two different things here. The guy didn't travel overseas for the welfare of his children, they were grown, one of his daughters is also a medical doctor. They won the visa lottery and all had green cards, no need for fake marriages and all that. He thought it would be easy transitioning from Nigeria to America but after several years of trying, he gave up on his dream of practicing as a medical doctor in the U.S. If anyone wants to try their luck, they are very much welcomed to do so, but all these misguided Nigerian doctors threatening to flee Nigeria for greener pastures are on for a rude awakening.

4 Likes

Re: "Nigeria Is In Big Problem!" - Doctor Olufunmilayo Harvey by tiwiex(m): 6:52am On Jun 21, 2018
rentAcock:
Na so. They think it is that easy. All the gra gra of getting a visa alone will discourage many. How about my church member who was a doctor in Nigeria? The guy sold his house and traveled to the US with his family over 16 years ago, only to hear that he has given up on his dream of practicing as a medical doctor in the states and has settled for menial jobs like nursing assistant. People are lured by the nice salary doctors earn overseas like how some doctors earn over $200,000 a year and with specialty that number balloons to over $300,000. What they don't realize is how difficult it is to get residency. So many American trained medical students are even finding it difficult to get residency let alone foreigners. Moreover, they sometimes require them to take some other exams or fufill a course requirement which many fail to accomplish.

If these doctors are threatening to leave the country, they should let them, after all, there are many students praying to gain admission for medicine to replace them.
Hear yourself. Lol. So all the experienced doctors should leave for fresh graduates? It's clear you don't get the importance of human resource to economic development. Your conclusion on America is false. Your friend just got complacent. I know many that passed the exams and are practicing. In fact, I know none that has not so they must be few. America needs doctors everyday. Their health sector is robust. Even beyond doctors. You failed to address the issue here. Poor pay and facilities. Even the young replacements you propose will just create their own whatsapp groups and leave eventually.

3 Likes

Re: "Nigeria Is In Big Problem!" - Doctor Olufunmilayo Harvey by deenee: 6:52am On Jun 21, 2018
[quote author=rentAcock post=68677303]

There's nothing to verify with anyone, I know what i'm talking about. The highest paid nursing assistants or nursing attendants are in the north eastern states of new york and new jersey, average starting pay is between $11 - $17. Federal minimum wage is $7.25, varies by state. Let's assume a nursing assistant earns $400 every week, after federal tax, state tax, city tax, medicare tax, medicaid tax and disability tax have been deducted, they could be left with $290 or around N100,000 a week or N400,000 a month. Wow! big money! how many bankers take home 400k a month, but here's where it gets tricky. Average monthly rent for a 1 bedroom apartment in the ghetto parts of new york for example where my church member lives is $1100 or N400,000. Whoa, 400k already gone and we haven't even talked about monthly electricity bills that averages $250 or N90,000. We haven't accounted for telephone bill of maybe $50 or N18,000 a month. How about transportation cost? woe betide you if you own a car, your monthly insurance can range from $150 - $600 or N54,000 - N216,000. Of course most people can't afford the high insurance to they use metrocards, which costs about $120 or N43,000 a month. We haven't even talked about food, clothing, health insurance if your employer doesn't provide you one.

Remember they also pay tax for everything, so after the government has deducted income tax and all sort of taxes, when you buy biscuit, you still pay sales tax of 9%. When you factor in all the expense, you will now understand why i said my church member who was a doctor in Nigeria was probably better off in Nigeria than settling for nursing assistant job in America. You go from a job of high prestige to one where you are cleaning old folks butt, bathing them and dealing with all manners of insult all because you want to live in America? Don't just look at minimum wage, you cannot raise a family in America solely on minimum wage, most of these guys have several jobs. Its like they just pay rent for the sake of having an address, many of them hop from one job to another allowing only a few hours for sleep in between.[/quo

Thank you for.this truth. Alot of people don't even know what's up!

Besides alot of Naija doctors have private practice of one sort or the other that brings in serious money for them

3 Likes

Re: "Nigeria Is In Big Problem!" - Doctor Olufunmilayo Harvey by Nobody: 6:52am On Jun 21, 2018
rentAcock:

There's nothing to verify with anyone, I know what i'm talking about. The highest paid nursing assistants or nursing attendants are in the north eastern states of new york and new jersey, average starting pay is between $11 - $17. Federal minimum wage is $7.25, varies by state. Let's assume a nursing assistant earns $400 every week, after federal tax, state tax, city tax, medicare tax, medicaid tax and disability tax have been deducted, they could be left with $290 or around N100,000 a week or N400,000 a month. Wow! big money! how many bankers take home 400k a month, but here's where it gets tricky. Average monthly rent for a 1 bedroom apartment in the ghetto parts of new york for example where my church member lives is $1100 or N400,000. Whoa, 400k already gone and we haven't even talked about monthly electricity bills that averages $250 or N90,000. We haven't accounted for telephone bill of maybe $50 or N18,000 a month. How about transportation cost? woe betide you if you own a car, your monthly insurance can range from $150 - $600 or N54,000 - N216,000. Of course most people can't afford the high insurance to they use metrocards, which costs about $120 or N43,000 a month. We haven't even talked about food, clothing, health insurance if your employer doesn't provide you one.

Remember they also pay tax for everything, so after the government has deducted income tax and all sort of taxes, when you buy biscuit, you still pay sales tax of 9%. When you factor in all the expense, you will now understand why i said my church member who was a doctor in Nigeria was probably better off in Nigeria than settling for nursing assistant job in America. You go from a job of high prestige to one where you are cleaning old folks butt, bathing them and dealing with all manners of insult all because you want to live in America? Don't just look at minimum wage, you cannot raise a family in America solely on minimum wage, most of these guys have several jobs. Its like they just pay rent for the sake of having an address, many of them hop from one job to another allowing only a few hours for sleep in between.
I agree that they work so hard and pay taxes.
They also reap the benefits of quality taxation.
That's why they term us lazy.
Those who WIPE OLD FOLKS BUTTS as well as operate as Gigolos, do not have genuine papers.
Most are non-immigrants. (the illegal ones) who came to the US via student visa/ visitors visa and have refused to go back.
These are the ones chased by TRUMP on daily basis.
As long as you have ur papers, a fairly good job is guaranteed.
Then 250USD for power supply is too much.
I still feel perplexed about that.
Do they operate a Mortuary..??
Possibly they leave appliances in situ and dash out of homes.
I pay 50 USD monthly for power, 70 USD for WiFi.

2 Likes

Re: "Nigeria Is In Big Problem!" - Doctor Olufunmilayo Harvey by divinelove(m): 7:01am On Jun 21, 2018
Colourich:
I doubt, if doctors are scarce in Nigeria, then they won't be grossly underpaid, in short its when the demand for them exceed their supply that will make them not to be underpaid in Nigeria. Its a very simple something.

Point of correction doctors are well paid relative to other FG workers, they are just greedy ppl.

A newly employed medical doctor with FG earns about 260k and a fresh PhD lecturer earn 140k

Medical doctor spend 7 years in uni
To earn PhD you spend 10 to 13 yrs in uni

U can see d injustice

Lecturers trained medical doctors don't forget dt

2 Likes

Re: "Nigeria Is In Big Problem!" - Doctor Olufunmilayo Harvey by rentAcock(m): 7:01am On Jun 21, 2018
EVILFOREST:

I agree that they work so hard and pay taxes.
They also reap the benefits of quality taxation.
That's why they term us lazy.
Those who WIPE OLD FOLKS BUTTS as well as operate as Gigolos, do not have genuine papers.
Most are non-immigrants. (the illegal ones) who came to the US via student visa/ visitors visa and have refused to go back.
These are the ones chased by TRUMP on daily basis.
As long as you have ur papers, a fairly good job is guaranteed.

Lol, i'm not sure who fed you those lies. Nursing assistants have to get training, get finger printed and then take a state board exam. You must have a secondary school cert or High school diploma, a social security card, green card or work authorization. So no, they are not illegal immigrants, these are people with papers. The same ones you see on instagram living fake lives or the ones you see on christmas holidays flaunting money while vacationing in Nigeria. Having your papers intact doesn't guarantee you a good job, you can have your papers and still work as a security guard or at a fast food restaurant, it only makes it easier to get a degree and move up the income scale.

2 Likes

Re: "Nigeria Is In Big Problem!" - Doctor Olufunmilayo Harvey by Nobody: 7:07am On Jun 21, 2018
rentAcock:

Lol, i'm not sure who fed you those lies. Nursing assistants have to get training, get finger printed and then take a state board exam. You must have a secondary school cert or High school diploma, a social security card, green card or work authorization. So no, they are not illegal immigrants, these are people with papers. The same ones you see on instagram living fake lives or the ones you see on christmas holidays flaunting money while vacationing in Nigeria. Having your papers intact doesn't guarantee you a good job, you can have your papers and still work as a security guard or at a fast food restaurant, it only makes it easier to get a degree and move up the income scale.
No u didn't get me.
Nursing/Medical assistant Jobs are genuine jobs like I said.
Check me write up again.
I mean those who sleep with old ladies and operate as male prostitutes...do so to get their genuine resident permit (green cards).
People even endulge in fraudulent marriages to get papers.
Why did he choose to work as a nurse assistant when he could have worked as a medical assistant....especially for a medical doctor...??
I'm happy u sound knowledgeable in this, but do you still advise that, that medical doctor goes to Nigeria ....? especially if he's an immigrant...??
Re: "Nigeria Is In Big Problem!" - Doctor Olufunmilayo Harvey by Afec1000givers: 7:15am On Jun 21, 2018
I believe in Nigeria...soja go soja come barack remain.With all the brain drains we still dey.Dead or alive i'm forever a Nigerian.
Re: "Nigeria Is In Big Problem!" - Doctor Olufunmilayo Harvey by passionate87(m): 7:15am On Jun 21, 2018
rentAcock:
Na so. They think it is that easy. All the gra gra of getting a visa alone will discourage many. How about my church member who was a doctor in Nigeria? The guy sold his house and traveled to the US with his family over 16 years ago, only to hear that he has given up on his dream of practicing as a medical doctor in the states and has settled for menial jobs like nursing assistant. People are lured by the nice salary doctors earn overseas like how some doctors earn over $200,000 a year and with specialty that number balloons to over $300,000. What they don't realize is how difficult it is to get residency. So many American trained medical students are even finding it difficult to get residency let alone foreigners. Moreover, they sometimes require them to take some other exams or fufill a course requirement which many fail to accomplish.

If these doctors are threatening to leave the country, they should let them, after all, there are many students praying to gain admission for medicine to replace them.
bro the PLAB exam is the surest for Nigerian doctors and that's what most of us write now, 4 of my colleagues are already there and me and other colleagues are planning to go to uk.America route is quite difficult to embark as a doctor because it is expensive but PLAB exam is quite affordable.
Guy u are not looking at the big picture,the implications of the matured doctors leaving would leave a lacunae in the health sector because medical practices comes with experience,which u learn from older colleagues.
even those yet to graduate from medical school are already preparing to leave immediately they graduate,do their horsemanship and NYSC

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Nigeria Is In Big Problem!" - Doctor Olufunmilayo Harvey by rentAcock(m): 7:16am On Jun 21, 2018
EVILFOREST:

No u didn't get me.
Nursing/Medical assistant Jobs are genuine jobs like I said.
Check me write up again.
I mean those who sleep with old ladies and operate as male prostitutes...do so to get their genuine resident permit (green cards).
People even endulge in fraudulent marriages to get papers.
Why did he choose to work as a nurse assistant when he could also work as a medical assistant....especially for a medical doctor...??
I'm happy u sound knowledgeable in this, but do you still advise that, that medical doctor goes to Nigeria ....? especially if he's an immigrant...??

Thats a good question, i think the guy just gave up, he's an elderly man probably in his early 60's now. Medical assistant is probably another 7 months course while nursing would've been 2-4years depending on how many credits gets transferred over and whether he goes for an associate or bachelor's degree. The man just gave up, they really frustrated him and i've heard the same story about many other people. But anyone's case might be different, its always wise to have a plan B, also knowing important people from teaching hospitals will boost your chance.
Re: "Nigeria Is In Big Problem!" - Doctor Olufunmilayo Harvey by bimbotua(f): 7:17am On Jun 21, 2018
this is serious....
Re: "Nigeria Is In Big Problem!" - Doctor Olufunmilayo Harvey by resurgent2019: 7:19am On Jun 21, 2018
missyadorable:

Sorry, I don't contact internet men.
Nothing but bunches of f****k boys

Wow. This is sad. Sorry for contacting you.

1 Like

Re: "Nigeria Is In Big Problem!" - Doctor Olufunmilayo Harvey by Adefemiaderoju1: 7:19am On Jun 21, 2018
Now where are those stupid buhari supporters if we tell them this country is not working but a shithole and disaster for all
Re: "Nigeria Is In Big Problem!" - Doctor Olufunmilayo Harvey by andassyn(m): 7:20am On Jun 21, 2018
Colourich:
Don't forget private universities too. Universities churn out quite a number of doctors yearly.

And you think there guardians will allow them to stay in Nigeria,after spending millions in private universities
Re: "Nigeria Is In Big Problem!" - Doctor Olufunmilayo Harvey by rentAcock(m): 7:21am On Jun 21, 2018
passionate87:

bro the PLAB exam is the surest for Nigerian doctors and that's what most of us write now, 4 of my colleagues are already there and me and other colleagues are planning to go to uk.America route is quite difficult to embark as a doctor because it is expensive but PLAB exam is quite affordable.
Guy u are not looking at the big picture,the implications of the matured doctors leaving would leave a lacunae in the health sector because medical practices comes with experience,which u learn from older colleagues.
even those yet to graduate from medical school are already preparing to leave immediately they graduate,do their horsemanship and NYSC

I guess UK is much easier, I also wonder how much they get paid just out of curiosity. But seriously are there even job openings for all these guys threatening to leave Nigeria for the UK?

1 Like

Re: "Nigeria Is In Big Problem!" - Doctor Olufunmilayo Harvey by Nobody: 7:23am On Jun 21, 2018
rentAcock:

Thats a good question, i think the guy just gave up, he's an elderly man probably in his early 60's now. Medical assistant is probably another 7 months course while nursing would've been 2-4years depending on how many credits gets transferred over and whether he goes for an associate or bachelor's degree. The man just gave up, they really frustrated him and i've heard the same story about many other people. But anyone's case might be different, its always wise to have a plan B, also knowing important people from teaching hospitals will boost your chance.
Elderly......na now u talk naaaaaa.
If na Young man weh blood dey hot......na waoooo.
He can also migrate to Canada or The UK
Re: "Nigeria Is In Big Problem!" - Doctor Olufunmilayo Harvey by passionate87(m): 7:24am On Jun 21, 2018
There's a common saying that says "experience is the teacher" which is very applicable to the medical practices, the older doctors impact on the younger doctors.the technical know how but if the older ones continue to leave it would create a loophole,we would have lack of fully equipped medical personnel.
for example it is the older colleagues that teaches the younger doctor surgical procedures (Ceasereansection,myomectomy,herniorhaphy,appendectomy,ERPC e.t.c
U can only do what u have learn over the years as a doctor because of the tutorlage and mentorship u benefit from the older doctor,which would be missing if they continue to leave.
Re: "Nigeria Is In Big Problem!" - Doctor Olufunmilayo Harvey by otokx(m): 7:30am On Jun 21, 2018
How many pastors in Nigeria are trying to leave to US and Canada to tend the white sheep over there?

We have a lot of misplaced priorities and it's affecting our mentality greatly.

Many professionals excluding pastors will not mind leaving Nigeria but the truth is most of them will find it very difficult fitting into an organized society.

1 Like

Re: "Nigeria Is In Big Problem!" - Doctor Olufunmilayo Harvey by Nobody: 7:31am On Jun 21, 2018
Uk and america nigerians running there is nothing. Come and see other african countries like ghana where there are more than 5 million nigerians. There are 16 million nigerians in other african countries we nigerians are running to other african countries like termites and soldier ants the amount of nigerians running to europe and america is nothing

1 Like

Re: "Nigeria Is In Big Problem!" - Doctor Olufunmilayo Harvey by hush15: 7:38am On Jun 21, 2018
topcatking:
My dear, the country has gone to the dogs! So we that are human best find a country that still belongs to human beings.

If i am in my country and being treated as a second class citizen, while i earn a mere pittance, I might as well go elsewhere and be treated as the same second class citizen, while i earn better and live better.

Right...

1 Like

Re: "Nigeria Is In Big Problem!" - Doctor Olufunmilayo Harvey by Divay22(f): 7:39am On Jun 21, 2018
Grupo:

Such a myopic response from a supposedly exposed, enlightened and "learned" person.

If all the internet men who have ever contacted you were fvckboys, then it speaks volumes of the kind of person you are.

For goodness sake, you ladies need to change this mindset of "every man wants to sleep with me." You made a comment and it probably piqued the guys curiosity and he wanted to inquire more. Perhaps, he's also a lawyer looking to seek greener pastures overseas but your immature dumb ass already termed him a fvckboy. I don't really blame you, I blame the sex starved idiots that give undue attention to people like you on the internet.
Wish i could like and share more than once.... Nice one.
Re: "Nigeria Is In Big Problem!" - Doctor Olufunmilayo Harvey by Nobody: 7:40am On Jun 21, 2018
rentAcock:

I guess UK is much easier, I also wonder how much they get paid just out of curiosity. But seriously are there even job openings for all these guys threatening to leave Nigeria for the UK?
Are there JOBS in Nigeria...??
.......medical Doctors and teachers in the private sectors are being manhandled on daily basis.
Nigeria will always be on the lower scale.
If UK is filled up, they should gravitate towards SAUDI. AUSTRALIA. NEW ZEALAND tilll we fill the surface of the EARTH
Re: "Nigeria Is In Big Problem!" - Doctor Olufunmilayo Harvey by Bullhari007(m): 7:41am On Jun 21, 2018
and the delusionist buhari and his Yellowbar slaves still insist millions of Nigerians abroad are begging to return home... the earliest they kick that mallam back to Daura the better for those that cant afford to leave this shithole , as for me I'm better off in New Zealand ,
Re: "Nigeria Is In Big Problem!" - Doctor Olufunmilayo Harvey by rman: 7:44am On Jun 21, 2018
Grupo:

Such a myopic response from a supposedly exposed, enlightened and "learned" person.

If all the internet men who have ever contacted you were fvckboys, then it speaks volumes of the kind of person you are.

For goodness sake, you ladies need to change this mindset of "every man wants to sleep with me." You made a comment and it probably piqued the guys curiosity and he wanted to inquire more. Perhaps, he's also a lawyer looking to seek greener pastures overseas but your immature dumb ass already termed him a fvckboy. I don't really blame you, I blame the sex starved idiots that give undue attention to people like you on the internet.

Well said
Re: "Nigeria Is In Big Problem!" - Doctor Olufunmilayo Harvey by Amarabae(f): 7:50am On Jun 21, 2018
MrBigiman:

U are so used to bringing other people's profession down and it's sad. The other time u insulted Engineers and claimed Agricultural Engineers were less than u. U also insulted Consultant physicians claiming u know more than them, yet u want to travel to the UK were the physicians plan must be followed to the letter or u fill an incident form. You better retrace ur steps.

Several Nigerian Lawyers have written the LCAT and other law exams and are practising successfully abroad. Law is a professional course and yes is rated higher than Nursing anywhere in the world. People leave Nursing school in Nigeria, and do just 1 year and get their BSC in the UK. Non science related People also have an acelerated 2 years program to become nurses in the US, so nursing is not a hard nut to crack. Reginia Askia once boasted of being an art student, but passing the nursing exams and now being a senior nurse in the US. Dekunle Fuji also dumped a failing music career for nursing. It's only in naija nursing runs for Donkey years.

That said. Humble urself, write ur IELTs and aim an average of 7, and a minimum of 7, write the CBT, then proceed for OSCE. Several school of nursing ladies has given up on the IELTs, so be sober and cross that not so difficult huddle. Before boasting of leaving.
She was the one that said we are fighting doctors,
So I corrected her.
Her comment has some condensing undertone to johesu professions,
Respect others if you want to be respected.
No profession is inferior or superior to others,
Be you a teacher, lawyer, pharmacist etc
We are unique in our own ways.
So read up her comment that I replied then you will understand why I made that comment.
And yes nurses are far more sought after abroad than lawyers.
Burn If you want.

I don't care the gibberish you wrote up there,
It's none of my business.
You are not the only profession sought after abroad,
Simple
If it pains you, then hug a transformer.
I know that Nigeria Medical association is still pained over graduate nursing programs
We are advancing
Very soon, school of nursing will be a thing of the past.
Medicine is a noble profession, stay in your lane and leave others to advance in their professions..

Doctor Bigi grin grin
Re: "Nigeria Is In Big Problem!" - Doctor Olufunmilayo Harvey by OlaSammie: 7:51am On Jun 21, 2018
rentAcock:

If these doctors are threatening to leave the country, they should let them, after all, there are many students PRAYING to gain admission for medicine to replace them.

Praying....

Can you hear yourself??
Re: "Nigeria Is In Big Problem!" - Doctor Olufunmilayo Harvey by Amarabae(f): 7:56am On Jun 21, 2018
Nobody talks about teachers cry cry cry
They sacrifice a lot yet paid peanut.
The noble profession is now neglected.
And a fresh nwa dokinta fresh from the University is earning higher than a government teacher with over 20years service years yet the nwa dokintas want to be pay more!
Greediness.
Leave if you want to leave!

1 Like

Re: "Nigeria Is In Big Problem!" - Doctor Olufunmilayo Harvey by Nobody: 8:00am On Jun 21, 2018
rentAcock:

You are correct. There are many young Nigerians yearning to study medicine and surgery
Re: "Nigeria Is In Big Problem!" - Doctor Olufunmilayo Harvey by Nobody: 8:01am On Jun 21, 2018
Amarabae:
Nobody talks about teachers cry cry cry
They sacrifice a lot yet paid peanut.
The noble profession is now neglected.
And a fresh nwa dokinta fresh from the University is earning higher than a government teacher with over 20years service years yet the nwa dokintas want to be pay more!
Greediness.
Leave if you want to leave!
I talk about them.
In fact just talked about them in my recent write ups.
Check well again....

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Family Confirms Death Of Lagos Diploma Holder Who Jumped Into Lagoon / Top Countries Doctors And Health Workers Migrate To And How Much They Are Paid / How Can A Female Get Rid Of Her Muscular Arms?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 124
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.