Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,681 members, 7,955,521 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 08:14 AM

Twist Of Fate. - Literature (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Twist Of Fate. (64403 Views)

Twist Of Fate / ***A Twist Of Choices*** / 'the Wind Of Fate'...life Of A Nigerian Youth (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Twist Of Fate. by Hurklan(m): 7:01am On Sep 17, 2018
this piece is a banger, but the update are too small... much love bro
Re: Twist Of Fate. by purityval(m): 10:55am On Sep 18, 2018
*****Continuation*****

ROSE

"David please!" Rose called running after him down the stairs, into the reception and then outside the hospital. "Let me explain please." she pleaded, but David neither turned nor stopped to listen to her.

"David please," she ran in front of him and stopped bringing him to a halt. "I can explain, just listen to me. It's not what you think."

He looked at her intently without words for a moment. "Rosemary please can you just get off my way?" he said coldly.

"David," she called reaching out for his hand which he moved away, "Please just listen to me. It's not what you think." she repeated.

"Rose I'm not thinking anything," he lied, "I just want to go home and sleep, I am exhausted."

"I know you are lying David," she started. "Richard is broken, I don't know what is wrong with him. He just walked into the room, and I can't turn him away like that. I don't even know how he got to know that I was there."

"You still have feelings for him?" he asked. "If you do, I understand. He is your first and ...."

"David!? Are you going to start this here? What the F.."

"Yea, go on and curse, that's about what you know how to do best. Just answer the question."

"You know what, David go fu..."

"Rose stop," Richards' voice came from behind stopping hers. Her anger couldn't be masked. Richard had been standing behind them for a while unknown to the both of them as they argued back and forth.

"She doesn't have feelings for me anymore," Richard started, but Rose made to cut him short.

"Richard stay out of......"

"It's you, she loves you," he concluded not allowing her to stop him. "By the way, I am Richard." he stretched out his hand to David who'd been silent."

"David," David replied taking his hand. Rose rolled her eyes at him and made to walk away, but he held her back.

"Let go of me please," she protested trying to drag her hand from his.

"I am sorry about what you saw in the room," Richard started with tears gathering in his eyes stopping the little drama going on between David and Rose as they both paid attention to him. "I didn't know where else to go," he cried.

Rose reached out and hugged him rolling his eyes at David. She urged him to stop crying and tell them what the problem is.

"Nonye lost the baby," he said trying to get himself under control.

"Oh, I am so sorry Richard," Rose said rocking him.

"I am so sorry bro," David said patting him on the back as they led him back inside the hospital.

NICKIE

"How could you have done that," Nickie asked Lydia who was crying subtly. "You have me, your family, why would you want to take your life?"

Lydia looked away as the tears kept running down her eyes.

"David was here."

Lydia looked at her as if to confirm what she just said.

"Yes, he was, I called him. He blames himself for this Lydia."

"I sorry," she murmured through tears.

"Come here." Nickie reached out and hugged her tightly. "Don't do this again please."

"I want to go home," she murmured again.

"I know, the doctor said you are not in any danger but will need to make the final check before discharging you."
She nodded.

NONYE

Nonye was crying in Richards mum's hands when they heard a knock on the door.

"Tell him to go away please, I don't want to talk to him." Nonye cried.

"Its ok, its ok," she consoled. "I will tell him to go."

She stood up and headed to the door but was surprised to see who was at the door.

They exchanged pleasantries as she led her in. Nonye was dumbstruck on seeing Rose enter the room. She opened her mouth to talk, but no word seemed to come out. The silence in the room could be felt beyond the walls.

Rose walked straight to her, sat on the bed and reached out to her for a hug. Nonye went into her arms and started crying all over again. This led Rose to tears as they both cried.

"Rose I'm sorry, I'm sorry I betrayed you." she cried.

"Shhh!!," Rose shussed her. "I have forgiven you honey." they cried more.

It took the three women time to get themselves under control as they all relapsed into silence.

Rose cleared her throat and started. "Nonye I am sorry this happened to you, I am so sorry."

Nonye nodded without words looking into space.

"Rose thank you for coming," Richards mum started. "How did you know about Nonye?"

"I am admitted here; had a little accident."

"Oh! so sorry, hope you weren't hurt badly?" Richards mum asked.

"No, I am fine. So I ran into Richard, and he told me. Nonye, I want you to find it in your heart to forgive him. I know what he did is inexcusable but please forgive him. He is broken and ashamed of his actions."

Nonye looked away as tears rolled down her eyes. She couldn't believe Rose would be the one pleading Richards case. Despite the wrongs they have done her, she still had the heart to forgive them and plead her forgiveness to Richard.

She nodded as Rose held and squeezed her hand gently. She murmured an appreciation to her as they both smiled through drops of tears.

After a while, Rose stood up and left reappearing again with Richard and David behind her. Richard walked dejectedly and knelt at the foot of the bed holding Nonye's hand. She reached out and held him up as they went into each other's arm and cried. David didn't need a nod as she led Rose out back to her ward.

TWO DAYS ON

They had spent the last two days together. It has been the best two days of their life as the unleashed and exhausted the cravings that have built up between them the whole time. Rose was cuddled up in Davids' arms as they lay on the bed discussing random issues.

"How did you learn to curse people so well?" David teased pulling her more into himself.

Rose protested playfully throwing him a punch with her elbow.

"Awww! that hurts." he winced in playfully kissing her neck.

"Do I need to punch you again to get this reaction?" Rose asked laughing pushing her bum into his semi-erection.

"You are ......" he started, but his phone rang cutting him short. He hesitated for a moment contemplating either to answer the call or not.

"You don't want to get that?" Rose asked.

"If it rings again I will."

Just like on cue the phone started ringing again. He reached out and picked it from the headboard and pressed the answer button.

"Hello."

"What?" he shouted jumping down from the bed.

"When? where?"

"Wait, I am coming to you."

His reaction has already put Rose on her toes as she waited for him to end the call.

"What is it, what happened?" she asked.

"Its Lydia, I don't... I don't know."

He threw his clothes on as Rose also did same.

"I am coming with you," she said.

He didn't protest as they both left.

He was lost throughout the drive to Nickie's house. They picked Nickie and headed to another direction which Nickie gave them. On getting to the location, they saw a crowd gathered. They parked and made their way into the compound where they saw a team of detectives at the entrance to the house.

"Sorry, how may we help you." the officer in charge asked walking towards them.

"I am Nickie," Nickie introduced herself, "I believe someone from your team called me."

"Oh yes, I did call you, come with me."

He led them inside where they saw two bodies covered with crime scene tag placed around them. He walked to one of the bodies and opened it. "Do you know this Lady?"

For an answer, she broke down crying kneeling beside the body. David followed suit as they all cried close to the body.
"Lydia why?" David cried, "Why?"

The officer walked to the second body and opened it. Nickie looked over and saw the face of the man.
"Who is that?" David asked.

"Nicholas; her ex husband." They stood over the bodies crying before the officer led them out for further questions.

THE END

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Twist Of Fate. by DemiKOL(f): 11:27am On Sep 18, 2018
Seriously! Op. I know you are just pulling our legs. The story cannot just end like that...
Re: Twist Of Fate. by genius43(m): 11:46am On Sep 18, 2018
OP, should we be expecting a prologue?

Cos I can't believe this is all.

Nice job by the way.
Re: Twist Of Fate. by yewande1234(f): 11:47am On Sep 18, 2018
Purityval i knw u are joking..... The End bawo
Re: Twist Of Fate. by waliyarh01(f): 12:07pm On Sep 18, 2018
I dunno why you had to rush the end cry
Re: Twist Of Fate. by Chuksteric(m): 1:04pm On Sep 18, 2018
Why do I feel like this story was rushed
Re: Twist Of Fate. by tessygold(f): 1:24pm On Sep 18, 2018
pls this story can't end lyk dis nah
Re: Twist Of Fate. by Riele(f): 3:22pm On Sep 18, 2018
Op,do you mean the end of episode 1 ?..

Because, I'm not understanding o
Re: Twist Of Fate. by skubido(m): 5:07pm On Sep 18, 2018
DemiKOL:
Seriously! Op. I know you are just pulling our legs. The story cannot just end like that...

Sist abeg no kill me with laugh jhor

1 Like

Re: Twist Of Fate. by DemiKOL(f): 7:49pm On Sep 18, 2018
skubido:

Sist abeg no kill me with laugh jhor
Lol... Its true na.
Re: Twist Of Fate. by Ibunkun1(m): 8:11pm On Sep 18, 2018
Yeeeeee!,this Is Really A Twist Of Fate.Sadly lydia Didnt Get A Second Chance But Nonye And Richard Did.Welldone.Great Work

1 Like

Re: Twist Of Fate. by diaryOfpersius(m): 11:52pm On Sep 18, 2018
Chekwube you are good..... Nice write up start to finish
Re: Twist Of Fate. by MichaelBlake40: 2:04am On Sep 19, 2018
Hmmm an abrupt end 2 a nice tale
Re: Twist Of Fate. by Nogodye(m): 6:52am On Sep 19, 2018
It must not end like this...pls tell us you're pulling our legs

1 Like

Re: Twist Of Fate. by izaray(f): 10:57am On Sep 19, 2018
Iyam not understanding you Op

The end How pls

Re: Twist Of Fate. by zeezeegal(m): 11:39am On Sep 19, 2018
Upload...Biko
Re: Twist Of Fate. by Nobody: 2:20pm On Sep 19, 2018
<shaking my head> fans self you did not post complain you end story they till complain....
but on a serious not val the way you end the story did not look mature
Re: Twist Of Fate. by skubido(m): 3:39pm On Sep 19, 2018
Cylovee:
<shaking my head> fans self you did not post complain you end story they till complain....

I fear you
Re: Twist Of Fate. by skubido(m): 3:40pm On Sep 19, 2018
Cylovee:
<shaking my head> but on a serious not val the way you end the story did not look mature

I fear you again
Re: Twist Of Fate. by Nobody: 4:02pm On Sep 19, 2018
skubido:

I fear you again
lolz why are you scare of me??
Re: Twist Of Fate. by Hurklan(m): 9:27am On Sep 20, 2018
how the Tori go end like that, if na joke, u beta stop am
Re: Twist Of Fate. by donsimoniiblog: 11:16am On Sep 20, 2018
The ending tho

Story lovers visit www.donsimonii.com now for your interesting stories
Re: Twist Of Fate. by MichaelBlake40: 2:10pm On Sep 20, 2018
Cylovee:
but on a serious not val the way you end the story did not look mature
U r still among the complainers
Re: Twist Of Fate. by diaryOfpersius(m): 8:31pm On Sep 20, 2018
MhiztaRange:
lol, Unn no be criteria na but alas he\she is good, very good.
just the rep my aluta guys....
Re: Twist Of Fate. by skubido(m): 1:08pm On Sep 21, 2018
Cylovee:
lolz why are you scare of me??

Nawa for u oo, One leg in one leg out
Who you dey support?
Re: Twist Of Fate. by aishatolanike: 5:07pm On Sep 21, 2018
Happy begining bt y that ending biko....nice story u get
Re: Twist Of Fate. by purityval(m): 2:17pm On Sep 22, 2018
Sorry guys, your boy been so busy with stuffs. Life sha no easy ni oo.

This one everybody is complaining about the ending though grin grin If you follow my stories you know my endings are always a bit controversial grin

Ya’all wanted to see the perfect happy ending huh? Remember the name ‘Twist of Fate’

Ya’all know I am not really a fan of happy ending grin grin but I try as much to capture the feelings of all that like the ‘awww’ effect ending.

Finally, I want to thank you all for following the story. The second time I am writing a not so deep sexual story grin didn’t trust myself not to go hardcore grin

I know most times I delayed updates, I am sorry, most times things don’t go as planned.

I am coming back again with another story soon though, so y’all relax and wait for it.

Still your boy Purityval

#Shalom

8 Likes

Re: Twist Of Fate. by Nimzzy(m): 11:48pm On Sep 28, 2018
okoroEmeka056:
Why do I have a feeling this story is going to break my heart .Please ooo if David and Rose don't end up together , I will have to rewrite that part myself bikooo. grin grin

Na so o
Re: Twist Of Fate. by Bebetter: 3:41am On Jul 15, 2019
purityval:
Sorry guys, your boy been so busy with stuffs. Life sha no easy ni oo.

This one everybody is complaining about the ending though grin grin If you follow my stories you know my endings are always a bit controversial grin

Ya’all wanted to see the perfect happy ending huh? Remember the name ‘Twist of Fate’

Ya’all know I am not really a fan of happy ending grin grin but I try as much to capture the feelings of all that like the ‘awww’ effect ending.

Finally, I want to thank you all for following the story. The second time I am writing a not so deep sexual story grin didn’t trust myself not to go hardcore grin

I know most times I delayed updates, I am sorry, most times things don’t go as planned.

I am coming back again with another story soon though, so y’all relax and wait for it.

Still your boy Purityval

#Shalom

Bro, whats good. I used to love reading your stories and visit your website then www.purityval.com what happened? Haven't heard or seen you online in a while. Hope you are good man! Damn i miss your stories!

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Chimamanda Adichie: I Stopped Attending Catholic Churches In Nigeria Because ... / Please Break My Heart (romance Thriller) / ***total Love***

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.