Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,926 members, 7,814,118 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 07:07 AM

Are Nigerians Resident In Uk Jealous Of Their Visiting Counterparts ? - Politics (23) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Are Nigerians Resident In Uk Jealous Of Their Visiting Counterparts ? (29832 Views)

"We Train Girls As Suicide Bombers"; Jealous Wife Snitches On Her Husband / Yoruba Politicians Are Smarter Than Their Igbo Counterparts: Oba Of Lagos Saga / The Nigerian Political Class And Their Foreign Counterparts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) ... (28) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Are Nigerians Resident In Uk Jealous Of Their Visiting Counterparts ? by tkb417(m): 6:42pm On Jun 11, 2010
@Buzugee
cardiac what?

abeg, open a bar sharpish grin grin
Re: Are Nigerians Resident In Uk Jealous Of Their Visiting Counterparts ? by buzugee(m): 6:44pm On Jun 11, 2010
dayokanu:

With the money you want to invest I would advise you to open a beer parlour or Night club.  Cardiac wetin? Nigerians dont care that much for their health Just to Shayo do big boy and carry UNILAg chics.
grin the investment is not alot. all i need are echocardiography machines, electrocardiography machine, blood pressure monitors, holter monitors. then i will rent like say a 3 bedroom house. use one of the rooms as reception. i will do hardwood floors and paint it green. the other room will be the examination room. the last room will be juicing room. we will juice carrots and bananas and oranges and spinach for you while you wait. healthy refreshments grin
Re: Are Nigerians Resident In Uk Jealous Of Their Visiting Counterparts ? by dayokanu(m): 6:44pm On Jun 11, 2010
If you go towards Ikorodu, it still makes tiny bit of sense to buy there.

Hope its not one of those water logged places or in the far bush where people still visit Babalawo to cure nightmares.

Cos I know in my Ibadan with 10% of the prices you people are quoting here, i would build a mansion
Re: Are Nigerians Resident In Uk Jealous Of Their Visiting Counterparts ? by tkb417(m): 6:45pm On Jun 11, 2010
NEVER EVER jump in the middle of a conversation you don't understand. Start from the beginning so you get a BETTER idea of what is actually being discussed before you come in ramming disconnected views in .
on the contrary, ure the confused soul

u need Jesus

i answered ur question 1 with ur post or  dont tell me u've suddenly developed some eye problems and u cant see clearly?
LOL
Re: Are Nigerians Resident In Uk Jealous Of Their Visiting Counterparts ? by Sauron1: 6:46pm On Jun 11, 2010
ftmom:

That's a myth!

Fact is a lot of people that have legitimate income means are leveraged up to their eyeballs. Naija banks were generous lenders  before the global crisis and Sanusi tsunami so lots of people with access to easy credit got in too far

For real?? grin cheesy
Please elaborate cos this cousin of mine who just got elected as a LG Chairman some 3 years ago got a tantalizing Mansion somewhere in Lekki.
Up until then, he was a squatter. How did he get any Naija bank to lend him dough?
Re: Are Nigerians Resident In Uk Jealous Of Their Visiting Counterparts ? by Kobojunkie: 6:47pm On Jun 11, 2010
dayokanu:

Hope its not one of those water logged places or in the far bush where people still visit Babalawo to cure nightmares.
Cos I know in my Ibadan with 10% of the prices you people are quoting here, i would build a mansion

On the contrary, ikorodu is one of the, if not, biggest towns in Lagos. No water logged areas I know unless you plan to buy in Ibeshe, by the beach, which happens to be high end but I would not go there myself as I prefer the main parts of Ikorodu. Was just speaking to a friend earlier today of how much it costs to purchase land up therfe and I hear it is still in the low millions.
Re: Are Nigerians Resident In Uk Jealous Of Their Visiting Counterparts ? by tkb417(m): 6:48pm On Jun 11, 2010
bemster:

@kobo, so your point exactly is, ?
If I remember correctly it wasn't the line you r now trying to tow - the MASSES!
Tkb was just stating that people will buy houses at exhorbitant prices, hence you can make a sizable profit if you get your maths right.
Not entirely such what that has got to do with what the fact that not all will be able to afford this - its obviously the niche-super rich market he was alluding to!
babes, abeg engage the likes of sauron/DK
that babe/bobo will just run ur temp for nothn cheesy cheesy
Re: Are Nigerians Resident In Uk Jealous Of Their Visiting Counterparts ? by buzugee(m): 6:48pm On Jun 11, 2010
tkb417:

@Buzugee
cardiac what?

abeg, open a bar sharpish grin grin
nigerians sef. dem no sabi dem priorities  embarassed na so yar adua do do do go let himself succumb to pericarditis  embarassed something that could easily have been diagnosed through EKG and ECHO
Re: Are Nigerians Resident In Uk Jealous Of Their Visiting Counterparts ? by dayokanu(m): 6:49pm On Jun 11, 2010
the investment is not alot. all i need are echocardiography machines, electrocardiography machine, blood pressure monitors, holter monitors. then i will rent like say a 3 bedroom house. use one of the rooms as reception. i will do hardwood floors and paint it green. the other room will be the examination room. the last room will be juicing room. we will juice carrots and bananas and oranges and spinach for you while you wait. healthy refreshments

E be like say you get strong head and are desperate to lose your money.

That 3 bedroom, The living room convert am to dancing floors, the rooms convert them to VIP lounge and the small small room convert them to "Short-time" where people can go make out. the reception convert Sell cohiba cigar there.

The money on those machines use them to buy cartons of Henessey, Moet and other exotic liquor.

Get one woman at the side who sells hard core paraga and liquor, Those jobless bodybuilders at Surulere for Boucers, Those wanabee musicians as DJ.

Last but most important, Give TKb VIP pass and your club is set.

Dont forget to pay me for my consulting services and advice.

CHEERS
Re: Are Nigerians Resident In Uk Jealous Of Their Visiting Counterparts ? by Nobody: 6:50pm On Jun 11, 2010
Re: Are Nigerians Resident In Uk Jealous Of Their Visiting Counterparts ? by tkb417(m): 6:50pm On Jun 11, 2010
buzugee:

nigerians sef. dem no sabi dem priorities  embarassed na so yar adua do do do go let himself succumb to pericarditis  embarassed something that could easily have been diagnosed through EKG and ECHO
are u trying to run a charity org?

if u wanna make money, then go 'our way'
Re: Are Nigerians Resident In Uk Jealous Of Their Visiting Counterparts ? by Kobojunkie: 6:52pm On Jun 11, 2010
ftmom:

The real Lekki still offers attractive returns for the future, prices in VI/Ikoyi are too crazy IMHO and how many Nigerians would pay USD75k for an apartment from their own pockets if it was not company paid! So as the rent goes out of control in Ikoyi, it gets farther out of reach of the average individual.

Precisely my argument.

The reason I don't want to do Lekki is I can't make sense of those exhorbitant prices. I don't see why I would pay over $30,000 for a tiny plot when that amount can buy me an acre or more in downtown Chicago area, and near the lake too. It just does not make sense to me. How do I justify that investment, especially in a country like Nigeria? What does Lekki really offer that a place like Ikorodu does not?
Re: Are Nigerians Resident In Uk Jealous Of Their Visiting Counterparts ? by buzugee(m): 6:53pm On Jun 11, 2010
dayokanu:

E be like say you get strong head and are desperate to lose your money.

That 3 bedroom, The living room convert am to dancing floors, the rooms convert them to VIP lounge and the small small room convert them to "Short-time" where people can go make out. the reception convert Sell cohiba cigar there.

The money on those machines use them to buy cartons of Henessey, Moet and other exotic liquor.

Get one woman at the side who sells hard core paraga and liquor, Those jobless bodybuilders at Surulere for Boucers, Those wanabee musicians as DJ.

CHEERS
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Are Nigerians Resident In Uk Jealous Of Their Visiting Counterparts ? by Nobody: 6:54pm On Jun 11, 2010
Re: Are Nigerians Resident In Uk Jealous Of Their Visiting Counterparts ? by dayokanu(m): 6:54pm On Jun 11, 2010
nigerians sef. dem no sabi dem priorities   na so yar adua do do do go let himself succumb to pericarditis   something that could easily have been diagnosed through EKG and ECHO

I see say you get strong head like Aba made motor.

Echo ko Shadow ni. Or another option, Open a Night club/brothel or strip club. S3x sells !!!

On the contrary, ikorodu is one of the, if not, biggest towns in Lagos. No water logged areas I know unless you plan to buy in Ibeshe, by the beach, which happens to be high end but I would not go there myself as I prefer the main parts of Ikorodu. Was just speaking to a friend earlier today of how much it costs to purchase land up therfe and I hear it is still in the low millions.

Apart from ikorodu, which other part of lagos(not Ogun) can one get cheap land 1-2m max. Anything higher take it to TKB
Re: Are Nigerians Resident In Uk Jealous Of Their Visiting Counterparts ? by Nobody: 6:55pm On Jun 11, 2010
dayokanu:

With the money you want to invest I would advise you to open a beer parlour or Night club.  Cardiac wetin? Nigerians dont care that much for their health Just to Shayo do big boy and carry UNILAg chics.

LOL!!! True talk oh!
Re: Are Nigerians Resident In Uk Jealous Of Their Visiting Counterparts ? by tkb417(m): 6:55pm On Jun 11, 2010

CHEERS
haha

lemme know when a club springs up in Lagos o
Re: Are Nigerians Resident In Uk Jealous Of Their Visiting Counterparts ? by buzugee(m): 6:56pm On Jun 11, 2010
tkb417:

are u trying to run a charity org?

if u wanna make money, then go 'our way'
actually i reckoned i can squeeze in 20 check ups a day. thats 500 dollars times 20. thats ten thousand dollars a day. is that not good money ni ?

each patient gets 30 minutes
Re: Are Nigerians Resident In Uk Jealous Of Their Visiting Counterparts ? by Sauron1: 6:58pm On Jun 11, 2010
ftmom:

Notice I referred to people with "legitimate income means" when I talked about mortgages - therein lies the difference. In my earlier post I talked about how looters and thieves flooded the market

Not saying your cousin is a looter but if you are a politician and go from being a squatter to getting a mansion in Lekki within the last 3 years. . . . . . .  lipsrsealed

He is definitely a looter. . . . .He doesn't hide it.
His excuse is genuine though - he said if he doesn't loot, he might get killed by his godfathers.
They sponsored his election - they demand returns from him so that excuse is genuine to me. grin grin
I am a very considerate human being. cool
Re: Are Nigerians Resident In Uk Jealous Of Their Visiting Counterparts ? by Kobojunkie: 7:00pm On Jun 11, 2010
~Sauron~:

He is definitely a looter. . . . .He doesn't hide it.
His excuse is genuine though - he said if he doesn't loot, he might get killed by his godfathers.
They sponsored his election - they demand returns from him so that excuse is genuine to me. grin grin
I am a very considerate human being. cool

Ole!! How much is your share? lol
Re: Are Nigerians Resident In Uk Jealous Of Their Visiting Counterparts ? by Sauron1: 7:03pm On Jun 11, 2010
Kobojunkie:

Ole!! How much is your share? lol

Just few perks anytime i travel to Lagos.
Ma share is not 'defined'. grin
Re: Are Nigerians Resident In Uk Jealous Of Their Visiting Counterparts ? by dayokanu(m): 7:05pm On Jun 11, 2010
actually i reckoned i can squeeze in 20 check ups a day. thats 500 dollars times 20. thats ten thousand dollars a day. is that not good money ni ?

each patient gets 30 minutes

Na fly wey no wise the follow dead body enter grave.

Another idea open a SPA club get those cheap Asian girls like 7 of them to give SPA and "everything"

You would see more than 20 guests per hour thats when you would know that TKB and those Suit wearing men of Lagos need a "Massage" for their workstress
Re: Are Nigerians Resident In Uk Jealous Of Their Visiting Counterparts ? by Kobojunkie: 7:10pm On Jun 11, 2010
dayokanu:

Apart from ikorodu, which other part of lagos(not Ogun) can one get cheap land 1-2m max. Anything higher take it to TKB

Not certain of any other area in Lagos. I grew up in ikorodu and have a couple of friends who are in the real estate business I ask of the place.
Re: Are Nigerians Resident In Uk Jealous Of Their Visiting Counterparts ? by buzugee(m): 7:11pm On Jun 11, 2010
dayokanu:

Na fly wey no wise the follow dead body enter grave.

Another idea open a SPA club get those cheap Asian girls like 7 of them to give SPA and "everything"

You would see more than 20 guests per hour thats when you would know that TKB and those Suit wearing men of Lagos need a "Massage" for their workstress
i am taking notes grin you sir, are a strong business man lol. love the ideas. i think i am relocating to naija fast. in naija you can be a millionaire in pounds in less than a year shocked
Re: Are Nigerians Resident In Uk Jealous Of Their Visiting Counterparts ? by tkb417(m): 7:14pm On Jun 11, 2010
hehehehe
so its about night clubs now

grin grin
Re: Are Nigerians Resident In Uk Jealous Of Their Visiting Counterparts ? by dayokanu(m): 7:14pm On Jun 11, 2010
Kobo, wait, Are you that Igbo chic I used to chase around Aruna bus stop?

So whats the price of a decent area in Ikorodu, Not that I habve the money anyway
Re: Are Nigerians Resident In Uk Jealous Of Their Visiting Counterparts ? by tkb417(m): 7:15pm On Jun 11, 2010
buzugee:

i am taking notes grin you sir, are a strong business man lol. love the ideas. i think i am relocating to naija fast. in naija you can be a millionaire in pounds in less than a year shocked
gbam!!!!
Re: Are Nigerians Resident In Uk Jealous Of Their Visiting Counterparts ? by Nobody: 7:15pm On Jun 11, 2010
Re: Are Nigerians Resident In Uk Jealous Of Their Visiting Counterparts ? by tkb417(m): 7:18pm On Jun 11, 2010
@Ftmom

nice one!
Re: Are Nigerians Resident In Uk Jealous Of Their Visiting Counterparts ? by Sauron1: 7:23pm On Jun 11, 2010
ftmom:

I will do my best to answer your questions:

1 For the average Nigerian, the more expensive something is, the more attractive it is. You see, living in the west, you learn to demand and expect value for the money you spend. Not so for the average person here , it's all that ostentation/vulgar display of wealth that is a part of our existence in Nigeria. So, really, I don't see any justification for the vast disparity between the Island and mainland areas. We live on the island because of my husband's job, it came with generous perks. We lived well in the west with no more than 30-40 minutes work commute each way so we weren't about to start spending hours in traffic. Not healthy for him and certainly not for our kids who schooled 3 minutes drive from home before we moved to Nigeria.

2 No doubt the prices are exorbitant, but don't forget that market is key and from my layman's analysis; Lekki still offers a very good return for the price you are paying today. A lot of nouveau riche call Lekki home because VI/Ikoyi are too expensive so you have that pool of yuppies to tap for rental income. They can afford to rent based on their salaries/allowances/loans, etc but can't afford to buy however still desire some quality of life from proximity to work

3) As rough as this axis is, the sights are still more acceptable compared to living in most places on the mainland. This might sound shallow but if you live on the island, you tend to think the average car on Lagos roads is no older than 3-5yrs old. Go to most parts of the mainland and you realise ramshackle cars still exist. Like I always say, the sights on the island are not exceptional but they are acceptable. A lot of returnees I know live on the island for this reason and in order to be close to the kinds of schools they want their kids to attend - makes sense if you work on the island to live there and have your kids school there too so you're not going through the traffic nightmare all the time

If the Chicago investment will fetch you the same tax-free returns as Lekki, I say go for it! but I doubt that

By the way USD30k is N4.5m, you must be talking Ajah and beyond, can't get a plot for that amount of money in Lekki. You have to know your Lekkis  wink For Ajah and beyond you will still get good 3 bedroom accommodation for probably N500k and a lot less and the apartment would be cheaper to buy too but like in the west LOCATION is still key. The farther away you move from VI towards Lekki - Ajah - Epe, the cheaper it gets

In all honesty, you have been an inspiration and a source of information on this thread. cool
Re: Are Nigerians Resident In Uk Jealous Of Their Visiting Counterparts ? by Nobody: 7:34pm On Jun 11, 2010
Re: Are Nigerians Resident In Uk Jealous Of Their Visiting Counterparts ? by Nobody: 7:38pm On Jun 11, 2010

(1) (2) (3) ... (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) ... (28) (Reply)

Precious Chikwendu And Her Son, Aragorn Stun In New Photos / Tinubu Camp Welcomes Defeat In Adamawa, Congratulates Governor Fintiri Of PDP / SCANDALOUS: Outrage In Nigeria As Government Brands National ID Card With Master

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.