Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,843 members, 7,824,513 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 11:30 AM

"Older Women Without Husbands Looks, And Act Younger" - Nigerian Lady Says - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / "Older Women Without Husbands Looks, And Act Younger" - Nigerian Lady Says (33756 Views)

Lady Says She Found Gold Inside Water She Fetched From A Well (pics/video) / How To Get Sex From Women Without Stress. / "Don't Underestimate Your Vagina, It Can Buy You A Mansion" - Nigerian Lady Says (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "Older Women Without Husbands Looks, And Act Younger" - Nigerian Lady Says by 10kgod(m): 8:03am On Jul 05, 2018
Etz betwzobia.com

A betting platform just Like others but different in all aspects to others

Just go to betwazobia register Your Account with the referral Code 124 and claim Your free bonus of no condition

www.betwazobia .com

Use 124 as ReferralCode code and be eligible for the free bonus.

Enjoy the fastest Way of claiming Your winning Ànd Best cash out system
Re: "Older Women Without Husbands Looks, And Act Younger" - Nigerian Lady Says by monex(m): 8:05am On Jul 05, 2018
themodernman:

My dear follow your heart but make sure your heart is rock solid and isn't easily hurt, cos Nigerian men will taunt the hell outta you.

If you walk by the road and mistakenly slip on a banana peel, they'll attribute it to your singleness at your age.

They'll attribute the most ludicrous reasons with anything happening to you and you'll almost get yourself driven crazy.

The best thing most times is to keep your private life private and don't try to form liberator etc. Norms are thoroughly ingrained and not to so easily effaced from people's psyche.

Just live your live privately but if you feel you can put up with the taunting, ridicule, stigmatisation etc, then go public with it.

it is not just nigerian men. it is society in general due to our culture. we don't like exceptions /outliers. I have a colleague who is in her early forties and is nasty/mean to everyone.

My other female colleagues thinks she is frustrated about not being married. I say she has an inherent nasty personality. They say they are women and i dont know how women think.

1 Like

Re: "Older Women Without Husbands Looks, And Act Younger" - Nigerian Lady Says by Ziggylady(f): 8:07am On Jul 05, 2018
shugamummy:
Can we now see that women are yet again their own problems. Is that not laziness of the highest dimension. A man goes to his 9-5,comes back to meet long list of demands from his parents,children,sisters,brothers,inlaws,friends, and most importantly his wife...He draws a scale of preference,sends money to parents,takes in-law for treatments,pays school fees of children,pays schools of in-laws children,attends to the financial demands of his friends,sends money to his sister's and husband and still takes care of his younger brothers. And you the wife who just needs to take ur own bath and look good still blames the man for your poor external look. Now that's what I call LAZINESS

You are just talking from the craps you lots throw around on nairaland that has no bearing to realities whatsoever..

Therefore kndly move on cos 'shugamummies' will not get my point,not in a million years..

Bye.

2 Likes

Re: "Older Women Without Husbands Looks, And Act Younger" - Nigerian Lady Says by donifez(m): 8:13am On Jul 05, 2018
LivingFree:
Shi, someone who doesn't have a PHD looks younger than someone who does... It's not science it's common sense. Someone with zero responsibility will always look younger because they get to sleep! Zero worries equals zero wrinkles!

If you wanna argue this fact then argue with your keypad because I no follow you, since I no send you tongue
(this pidgin ting no be easy oo but I dey try sha grin)
Are you a Ghanaian? Because that your pidgin is Ghana style.
Re: "Older Women Without Husbands Looks, And Act Younger" - Nigerian Lady Says by SonsOfLiverpool(m): 8:13am On Jul 05, 2018
Ziggylady:

Oga as at now,as in 2018...Most married men do not go through any damned stress of providing anything!!!...in Nigeria!!.I have countless real life experiences of married people around me,both colleagues and family members..

99% of the women in the aforementioned marriages contribut at least 60% of the financial burden in the home...I have heard an earful with complaints from them on how their husbands are not bringing in much financially...

They do all the house chores,cook,take care of the kids,work and bring in more money than their husbands.Most married women will not open up to you about the stress they are going through in other to 'cover their husbands unclothedness'..but the mega stress is Real!!!!...And the men very ungrateful and difficult.
Trust me, I wouldn't want to debate you in this regard.

Firstly, quote your source and competency of your source, quote where your 99% and 69% figure came from that is when I will take you seriously.

undecided

1 Like

Re: "Older Women Without Husbands Looks, And Act Younger" - Nigerian Lady Says by Nobody: 8:14am On Jul 05, 2018
Etuagievin:
. .Encouraging fornication/ adultery. In the end the child will either have an irresponsible father or one he/she doesn't know. It would be selfish or self-serving to satisfy societal demand for a child and then allow the child to mocked or suffer because of being fatherless, so to speak in the future. As for the the example you gave, the said women can adopt a child. Its not out of place.
how many married men are responsible Are many married men in ur street, work or xhurch having smallies dey fuk. Yet they raise children lik u nd i. R there no widows training thier children well. If widows can y can baby mamas too
Re: "Older Women Without Husbands Looks, And Act Younger" - Nigerian Lady Says by smallsmall: 8:25am On Jul 05, 2018
Bossontop:

Hahh!!!....bros fear God na
Evening newspapers right now

[img]https://media1./images/43d9f63f79fef6dd3c9428ccdcb63c48/tenor.gif?itemid=12084579[/img]

Me sef tire o!

EVENING NEWSPAPER kwa?

I come go carry my Evening Times, say make l check wetin dey, l come see this wrinkled Aunty with saggy, irritating blom-blom.
na im l come understand.
Re: "Older Women Without Husbands Looks, And Act Younger" - Nigerian Lady Says by hopefulLandlord: 8:30am On Jul 05, 2018
delugajackson:
There is no excuse for being an evening newspaper. You are either on the table or on the menu. I'm not a physiotherapist, but I know that good looks is a product of a balanced diet, a sound mind and overall healthy lifestyle. It has nothing to do with your marital status. It's just a matter of logic and common sense.

But has the thought that Marital Status has a way of affecting how balanced the diet one takes, how sound one's mind would be and how healthy one's lifestyle is?
Re: "Older Women Without Husbands Looks, And Act Younger" - Nigerian Lady Says by Gucciboss: 8:31am On Jul 05, 2018
shugamummy:
Can we now see that women are yet again their own problems. Is that not laziness of the highest dimension. A man goes to his 9-5,comes back to meet long list of demands from his parents,children,sisters,brothers,inlaws,friends, and most importantly his wife...He draws a scale of preference,sends money to parents,takes in-law for treatments,pays school fees of children,pays schools of in-laws children,attends to the financial demands of his friends,sends money to his sister's and husband and still takes care of his younger brothers. And you the wife who just needs to take ur own bath and look good still blames the man for your poor external look. Now that's what I call LAZINESS

Bro you get time oo. Most ladies complaining about marriage are unmarried. Those that are married and complaining are those that thought marriage is where lazy people wake up, eat, watch television from 9 am to 9 pm then go to bed, but they were hit with reality. Don't waste your time on these nonsense they write on social media.

You need to see how ladies rejoice over mere engagement ring grin grin. Even those ranting on social media without husband are praying everyday to just get an engagement ring.

Most of them hide under "I'm being pressured to get married" to hide the inner yearning for a man in their lives.

At the end, life is all about what you want people to see or believe not how you feel inside.

So chill.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Older Women Without Husbands Looks, And Act Younger" - Nigerian Lady Says by akeentech(m): 8:32am On Jul 05, 2018
flames01:

Please what led to the separation. No need for details; just hints.
She's in school
Re: "Older Women Without Husbands Looks, And Act Younger" - Nigerian Lady Says by hopefulLandlord: 8:37am On Jul 05, 2018
Ziggylady:
I dont know why males on this thread are crying about this...Marriage for women in Nigeria is extremely stressful while for men its an eldorado.

Married women look and feel better before marriage,while married men look much better after marriage..fact.

You're right but I think it has nothing to do with marriage at all

Men tend to be a lot more natural so their "beauty" is lost slowly compared to women who wear everything fake from face to the entire body before marriage. after a couple of kids they see no reason to keep wearing those fake things so they become "ugly" due to appearing more and more natural

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "Older Women Without Husbands Looks, And Act Younger" - Nigerian Lady Says by Gucciboss: 8:46am On Jul 05, 2018
monex:

it is not just nigerian men. it is society in general due to our culture. we don't like exceptions /outliers. I have a colleague who is in her early forties and is nasty/mean to everyone.

My other female colleagues thinks she is frustrated about not being married. I say she has an inherent nasty personality. They say they are women and i dont know how women think.

There are standards in every society. The moment you fail to meet any of these standards your countenance, attitude and disposition will change even when nobody talks about it.

Yes people get frustrated for not meeting up and it always reflect on their relationships with others around them. There is joy that comes with doing things when you mates are doing them. It happens to everyone in this life. Anybody that tells you that he/she doesn't care about what people think is a liar and a deceiver - runaway from that person.

I have come to realize that everyone cannot lie at the same time.

1 Like

Re: "Older Women Without Husbands Looks, And Act Younger" - Nigerian Lady Says by fof1: 8:48am On Jul 05, 2018
IamHeWrites:
A writer who also identifies as an African feminist on twitter took to the platform to assert that older women without husbands look and act younger than their married peers.

She invited others to share their views and she got a wide range of responses.

Read below;

https://www.torimill.com/2018/07/older-women-without-husbands-looks-and-act-younger-nigerian-lady-says.html

FALSE PREMISE. BE DECEIVING URSELF TO BE SEEKING ATTENTIONS WITH UR DUMB IDEAS. PLS GO AND REVIEW UR LIFE AND SETTLE DOWN RAISE UR FAMILY WELL IN D FEAR OF GOD AND HIS CHRIST. BE WARNED OR BE CAUTIONED PLS.

1 Like

Re: "Older Women Without Husbands Looks, And Act Younger" - Nigerian Lady Says by cococandy(f): 9:14am On Jul 05, 2018
SonsOfLiverpool:
we are calling off her hypocrisy. The fact that she is married is a bad pointer. undecided
This one woman is not the reason why I posted that comment.

It’s a pervasive norm that I’ve come to observe. Any woman whether single or married who has even the slightest negative thing to say about marriage is quickly and harshly shouted down by guess who? Guys. Yep. The same guys that supposedly have everything to lose by getting married. Let them keep fooling themselves.

When the truth is that women have to give up a lot more than random sexual encounters. many times what they give up include their life goals and plans in order to get and stay married.

Meanwhile the man is asked to stay with one woman and that’s the big deal that will end the world. Not minding that the woman has to do it without even thinking about it.

3 Likes

Re: "Older Women Without Husbands Looks, And Act Younger" - Nigerian Lady Says by cococandy(f): 9:16am On Jul 05, 2018
That’s not even a lie by any means

Ziggylady:

Oga as at now,as in 2018...Most married men do not go through any damned stress of providing anything!!!...in Nigeria!!.I have countless real life experiences of married people around me,both colleagues and family members..

99% of the women in the aforementioned marriages contribut at least 60% of the financial burden in the home...I have heard an earful with complaints from them on how their husbands are not bringing in much financially...

They do all the house chores,cook,take care of the kids,work and bring in more money than their husbands.Most married women will not open up to you about the stress they are going through in other to 'cover their husbands unclothedness'..but the mega stress is Real!!!!...And the men very ungrateful and difficult.

1 Like

Re: "Older Women Without Husbands Looks, And Act Younger" - Nigerian Lady Says by Nobody: 9:28am On Jul 05, 2018
delugajackson:
There is no excuse for being an evening newspaper. You are either on the table or on the menu. I'm not a physiotherapist, but I know that good looks is a product of a balanced diet, a sound mind and overall healthy lifestyle. It has nothing to do with your marital status. It's just a matter of logic and common sense.

The harder these expired evening news papers try to defend themselves, the more stupid they become. It's really a shame.

Stop being stupid because you want to be 'savage'.

Not everyone must marry, how about people that married early and lost their spouses?

How about people that are married and living in bondage-like marriages?

It's your type that marry cos you're looking for someone's daughter to enslave and turn into a baby making machine.

You have a 3rd world mentality. Eat a d!ck

I speak for widows and spinsters cos we have relatives that belong to that category you're maligning

3 Likes

Re: "Older Women Without Husbands Looks, And Act Younger" - Nigerian Lady Says by CAPSLOCKED: 9:29am On Jul 05, 2018
AnonyNymous:

Going from the responses on this thread I feel like marriage is an outdated, failed institution and is an extreme risk with very low probability of success.

- IT IS OUTDATED.
- IT IS A FAILED INSTITUTION.
- IT DOESN'T GUARANTEE HAPPINESS, PEACE, LONGEVITY, SUCCESS, WEALTH, NOTHING.
- IT IS TERRORISM TO THE MAN'S BANK ACCOUNT.
- IT IS A MEANS FOR SOME PEOPLE TO ACQUIRE PERMANENT HOUSEHELPS, OR PERMANENT PROVIDERS.
- ONLY THE WEAK MINDED SPEND MOST PART OF THEIR LIVES DREAMING ABOUT GETTING MARRIED INSTEAD OF BECOMING USEFUL AND RESPONSIBLE.

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: "Older Women Without Husbands Looks, And Act Younger" - Nigerian Lady Says by Nobody: 9:33am On Jul 05, 2018
Ziggylady:

bullshit. you must be rolling around the wrong kind of men.
we do chores, pay bills,school fees, go to the market/grocery/ take kids to the hospital, take kids to school. . .

1 Like

Re: "Older Women Without Husbands Looks, And Act Younger" - Nigerian Lady Says by CAPSLOCKED: 9:37am On Jul 05, 2018
cococandy:

When the truth is that women have to give up a lot more than random sexual encounters. many times what they give up include their life goals and plans in order to get and stay married.

WELL ALMOST EVERY WOMAN MAKES MARRIAGE THEIR LIFE GOAL FROM AS EARLY AS 13. THERE ARE MORE WOMEN IN CHURCH PRAYING FOR LIFE PARTNERS THAN MEN. THERE ARE MORE WOMEN BROWSING THE LATEST MARRIAGE NEWS AND GOSSIP THAN MEN.

WHAT GOALS ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT.. LIKE LEARNING MAKEUP TUTORIALS ON YOUTUBE, OR BEING THE PROFESSIONAL CALL GIRL?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Older Women Without Husbands Looks, And Act Younger" - Nigerian Lady Says by openmine(m): 9:38am On Jul 05, 2018
Ziggylady:

Using other people's narrative as a justification to rub on a gender is unacceptable and illogic!
You may have heard maybe 10 to 20 cases does not make a good stat to come up with a hasty "99% conclusion"....

And besides,you only heard and concluded from one mouth simply because you are associated with that gender without confirming from the other...that's a hasty and thoughtless conclusion....

Do you know if the married woman you spoke to is only lying just to make herself a victim while bad mouthing the hubby?

Do you stay and live with these married ladies at home to have confirmed that they contribute 60% for upkeeps?

As much as I believe that there are some guys who relinquish most of their responsibilities in the family setup,its totally unfair to stand by the corridor and judge a family based on what you heard from just one person!

I know of marriages that have lasted for many years and the woman looked prettier and younger while the man looked better.....I know of young marriages where both partners looked old and disfigured...... I also know of marriages that have either of the partners looking young and better or looking old and worse!

Every marriage is not the same for everyone....!

Different strokes for different folks!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Older Women Without Husbands Looks, And Act Younger" - Nigerian Lady Says by peacengine(m): 9:50am On Jul 05, 2018
Less problem for them
Re: "Older Women Without Husbands Looks, And Act Younger" - Nigerian Lady Says by Nobody: 9:52am On Jul 05, 2018
CAPSLOCKED:

- IT IS OUTDATED.
- IT IS A FAILED INSTITUTION.
- IT DOESN'T GUARANTEE HAPPINESS, PEACE, LONGEVITY, SUCCESS, WEALTH, NOTHING.
- IT IS TERRORISM TO THE MAN'S BANK ACCOUNT.
- IT IS A MEANS FOR SOME PEOPLE TO ACQUIRE PERMANENT HOUSEHELPS, OR PERMANENT PROVIDERS.
- ONLY THE WEAK MINDED SPEND MOST PART OF THEIR LIVES DREAMING ABOUT GETTING MARRIED INSTEAD OF BECOMING USEFUL AND RESPONSIBLE.

YOU FORGOT TO ADD IT IS SLAVERY TO THE WOMAN.
LET'S BE NEUTRAL

2 Likes

Re: "Older Women Without Husbands Looks, And Act Younger" - Nigerian Lady Says by CAPSLOCKED: 9:57am On Jul 05, 2018
Lucid1:

YOU FORGOT TO ADD IT IS SLAVERY TO THE WOMAN. LET'S BE NEUTRAL
SLAVERY, WHERE?

1 Like

Re: "Older Women Without Husbands Looks, And Act Younger" - Nigerian Lady Says by Amhappy(f): 10:00am On Jul 05, 2018
Very true, i noticed this while i was still very young because i had Aunties in their 40s that were not married.They look younger with nice shape. No strain of childbirth or something. However i also noticed that they nag a lot and are not tolerant like my mom . Some of them are now married with kids.
Re: "Older Women Without Husbands Looks, And Act Younger" - Nigerian Lady Says by cococandy(f): 10:16am On Jul 05, 2018
CAPSLOCKED:

WELL ALMOST EVERY WOMAN MAKES MARRIAGE THEIR LIFE GOAL FROM AS EARLY AS 13. THERE ARE MORE WOMEN IN CHURCH PRAYING FOR LIFE PARTNERS THAN MEN. THERE ARE MORE WOMEN BROWSING THE LATEST MARRIAGE NEWS AND GOSSIP THAN MEN.
why do you think that is?

WHAT GOALS ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT.. LIKE LEARNING MAKEUP TUTORIALS ON YOUTUBE, OR BEING THE PROFESSIONAL CALL GIRL?
wow
Re: "Older Women Without Husbands Looks, And Act Younger" - Nigerian Lady Says by omoharry(f): 10:46am On Jul 05, 2018
Ziggylady:
I dont know why males on this thread are crying about this...Marriage for women in Nigeria is extremely stressful while for men its an eldorado.

Married women look and feel better before marriage,while married men look much better after marriage..fact.
your are right..or maybe its just Nigeria and the stress of having to deal with career, husband and children all in one without much appreciation from hubby..you are right.
Re: "Older Women Without Husbands Looks, And Act Younger" - Nigerian Lady Says by mercy232(f): 10:54am On Jul 05, 2018
donstan18:
Kai! See consolation grin By all means, unmarried aged evening newspapers are trying hard to belong when they are already gone and looking for a man to rescue their mission. Your looks depends on how you treat and keep yourself, not marital reasons.

They should keep piling hopeless hopes on themselves, they should keep looking young on social media as single women, while their married peers are looking young as a mother and wife in reality cheesy

Chai! grin She said they look younger, even the evening newspapers wey their boobs dn drop like music albums dey claim younger.......They should keep consoling themselves on social media, last last, they'll log out of social media and face reality.

when you get there, you will understand better... she spoke an average truth..
Re: "Older Women Without Husbands Looks, And Act Younger" - Nigerian Lady Says by mercy232(f): 10:57am On Jul 05, 2018
yeyerolling:
They are one of the most frustrated people on earth. If u no get husband den at least born. When i dey bank i knew one customer she had over 100m in mutual fund investment, 46 no kid. Easily irritated and flares up.. Every night u can imagine wat dey face cuddling pillow. There are lots of 25 yr old gals looking 38 today

And vise versa too...
Re: "Older Women Without Husbands Looks, And Act Younger" - Nigerian Lady Says by SonsOfLiverpool(m): 11:00am On Jul 05, 2018
cococandy:

This one woman is not the reason why I posted that comment.

It’s a pervasive norm that I’ve come to observe. Any woman whether single or married who has even the slightest negative thing to say about marriage is quickly and harshly shouted down by guess who? Guys. Yep. The same guys that supposedly have everything to lose by getting married. Let them keep fooling themselves.

Meanwhile the man is asked to stay with one woman and that’s the big deal that will end the world. Not minding that the woman has to do it without even thinking about it.
the truth is we are all forced to do things one way or the other. We are all selfish whether man or woman.

Personally, I don't like marriage but I know I will have to do it just to please my parents at least and that means an automatic doom for another woman who will surely have different expectation.

The world is stressful for everyone and nobody ever stops to consider what the other person feels what so ever.

Surely you would argue for women because you are one and I would also have that bias.

Thing is, many girls are taking things way too much despite the fact that women face a lot during marriage what happened before marriage? The man takes all the bullsh*t before marriage, no girl wants to cut down on their excesses during dating and when the man endures a lot till marriage what is there to uphold again?

Girls don't marry for love, everyone wants money so why complain when the relationship goes south? Are you saying we men have better lives because we don't grow older quickly?

Why do we have men die earlier than women if their lives are more miserable? When we talk about what we face pre and after marriage you ladies say its normal. You can't eat your cake and have it.

How can I be told to man up, do things for her, make her feel good, buy gifts, propose so what does she do during the dating? and you expect me not to feel like a god?

Everyone is feeling the heat. Take it or leave it.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Older Women Without Husbands Looks, And Act Younger" - Nigerian Lady Says by themodernman: 11:01am On Jul 05, 2018
monex:

Another point. The worst thing that has happened to mankind is people gifted with right of perspective.
Re: "Older Women Without Husbands Looks, And Act Younger" - Nigerian Lady Says by babony1: 11:03am On Jul 05, 2018
openmine:

Using other people's narrative as a justification to rub on a gender is unacceptable and illogic!
You may have heard maybe 10 to 20 cases does not make a good stat to come up with a hasty "99% conclusion"....

And besides,you only heard and concluded from one mouth simply because you are associated with that gender without confirming from the other...that's a hasty and thoughtless conclusion....

Do you know if the married woman you spoke to is only lying just to make herself a victim while bad mouthing the hubby?

Do you stay and live with these married ladies at home to have confirmed that they contribute 60% for upkeeps?

As much as I believe that there are some guys who relinquish most of their responsibilities in the family setup,its totally unfair to stand by the corridor and judge a family based on what you heard from just one person!

I know of marriages that have lasted for many years and the woman looked prettier and younger while the man looked better.....I know of young marriages where both partners looked old and disfigured...... I also know of marriages that have either of the partners looking young and better or looking old and worse!

Every marriage is not the same for everyone....!

Different strokes for different folks!

Good of you sir.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Dark Skin Guys Or Light Skin Guys? / Girls Fight Naked Over A Man - Photos / 10 "Outdated" Flirting Moves You Should Quit Using

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.