Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,648 members, 7,820,255 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:12 PM

Early Morning Preachers Have Made My Life Miserable - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Early Morning Preachers Have Made My Life Miserable (39650 Views)

Black Soot: Early Morning Weather Condition In Rivers State / Man Slumps And Dies In Lagos During Early Morning Jogging (Photo) / Man Slumps And Dies On The Road During Early Morning Jogging (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Early Morning Preachers Have Made My Life Miserable by cococandy(f): 7:44am On Jul 07, 2018
romenna:
involving members of his neighbourhood is even worse as they will him a wizard. We r too religious so it's better for him to relocate.
and quit his job? Pay rent all over again?
Na so e easy to relocate

3 Likes

Re: Early Morning Preachers Have Made My Life Miserable by Nobody: 7:44am On Jul 07, 2018
EAR PLUGS

EAR PLUGS

EAR PLUGS

EAR PLUGS

EAR PLUGS

Go get some EAR PLUGS now!

2 Likes

Re: Early Morning Preachers Have Made My Life Miserable by SheikhMuniru(m): 7:45am On Jul 07, 2018
SORRY FOR YOUR LIFE
Re: Early Morning Preachers Have Made My Life Miserable by Revolva(m): 7:45am On Jul 07, 2018
that Nigeria for you

try dat abroad u r a goner

2 Likes

Re: Early Morning Preachers Have Made My Life Miserable by konkonbilo(m): 7:46am On Jul 07, 2018
deyemia:
I have three suggestions in addition to the one above me.

1 - You can also get a megaphone and counter them when dey come with reasons why dey should move elsewhere.

2 - The truth is, the main cause of those preachings is poverty. If you give the preacher 500k or 1m, they will go a start a business and let your family be.

3 - Time when dey normally finish and approach them, pray you meet someone reasonable.

One should work fine
You're 100% correct... The main cause of those preachings is poverty.....someone that has work to do or a business to run won't wake up very early in the morning and start disturbing the peace of other people..

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Early Morning Preachers Have Made My Life Miserable by Neil0072009(m): 7:47am On Jul 07, 2018
My advise is for you to meet them in person and tell them that they disturbing your peace cause they might not see it as problem
Bible said ask and you will get

2 Likes

Re: Early Morning Preachers Have Made My Life Miserable by makydebbie(f): 7:47am On Jul 07, 2018
Twoclans:
Anambra is notorious for those early morning preachers with their horrible voices .Just like dominique said you need to involve other people in your neighbourhood and the police I am not sure what the law says about public noice in Anambra but I know some states have very strong laws about it.

While you try involving your neighbours ,you need to find better ways to sleep,you can eat fresh cucumbers or drink green tea.Just make yourself comfortable and sleep.If you want to resolve the issue the gangster way when they start their preaching put on your music set and fix a loudspeaker outside and make a louder noise they will get the message .

If his neighbors are like my parents, he'll be labeled an enemy of the word of God.

3 Likes

Re: Early Morning Preachers Have Made My Life Miserable by OhiOfIhima: 7:47am On Jul 07, 2018
If it is not Church buildings, jus mere walking preachers but find ur hood as a stopover to pass deir messages, Oga come outside n tell them dey are disturbing ur peace, anyhow dey want to see it, let dem see it like dat... The Almighty know ur intention from d onset.

4 Likes

Re: Early Morning Preachers Have Made My Life Miserable by honourhim: 7:48am On Jul 07, 2018
sureboykris:
Greetings everyone. My name is Kris and I reside in Anambra.
There's this growing trend which is affecting myself and my family - Early morning preachers.
These people have made my life a living hell.
Sometimes as early as 4:30am these people wake you up with loudspeakers.
Problem is that sometimes I get back late and sleep late and barely have enough hours to sleep before starting a new day. Sometimes my baby keeps us awake till the early hours of the morning and just when we're about to catch some sleep, they arrive.. Sometimes 3 different groups preach at the same time.
I now have frequent headaches and have developed some form of early morning anxiety (i dread the noise of the megaphone).
Please what do I do? Is this a matter for the police(as I feel they're disturbing public peace) or do I just see a doctor to help me cope with my sleep problems.
Your advice will be appreciated. Thanks

Noise is a general problem in Nigeria that the government needs to tackle wholistically. Its not just the early morning preachers. How about the clubs? The bush bars? The musical CD shops? The herbal shops? The car horns and trailer horns? The speakers from the mosque that makes its own noise? Car radios that played on high volume by transporters and privates? How about the one coming out from your next door neighbour? The church around you doing night vigil?

The whole thing is too much and because our politicians are hypocrites and bunch of failures they dont care. FAshola tried it in Lagos and people felt bad. Nigerians can be so annoying.

7 Likes

Re: Early Morning Preachers Have Made My Life Miserable by romenna: 7:49am On Jul 07, 2018
cococandy:
and quit his job? Pay rent all over again?
Na so e easy to relocate
well he is stucked there i guess
Re: Early Morning Preachers Have Made My Life Miserable by DonFreshmoney(m): 7:49am On Jul 07, 2018
Simple equation.. just buy or borrow a shotgun. Just fire a gunshot when they come at night and watch them disperse and never come back again.

3 Likes

Re: Early Morning Preachers Have Made My Life Miserable by AdorableJosh(m): 7:50am On Jul 07, 2018
I'm sorry for what you're going through, sleep deprivation is no joke and messes with your body system, an issue of public disturbances in an ideal society should be dealt with by the local government but since ours is dysfunctional, I'd advice you to take matters into your hands. You can hold a meeting with other house owners and find a way to employ night guards saddled with the responsibility of chasing them away before they even start, I don't advice violence but don't take it lightly with them and do not let anybody blackmail you with the hackneyed 'Aren't you a christian?' phrase.

You can also take legal actions against them, trust me it works, and a defaulters would face the consequences.

1 Like

Re: Early Morning Preachers Have Made My Life Miserable by cronsberg: 7:50am On Jul 07, 2018
Is it not you people that were threatening hell fire when elrufai banned open street preaching and noice polution from street speakers in kaduna? Why are you now complaining of the same thing. Nigerians and there overdo attitude eh. Preaching inside church is now not enough, you must preach inside bus, on street, inside market etc with megaphones. Barbing saloons and every other shop is just blaring music from giant loudspeakers, is that not madness?

3 Likes

Re: Early Morning Preachers Have Made My Life Miserable by AceVentura: 7:51am On Jul 07, 2018
dingbang:
Sadly, your governor ain't ambode, else he would have sacked all of them a long time ago. Personally I don't tolerate bullsheet.

Fbn customers I have good news for you on my signature.. wink

Ambode ke!!

It was Fashola that drove me out. This present governer is a dundee.

Oga, get the police involved.
Re: Early Morning Preachers Have Made My Life Miserable by sonsomegrigbo: 7:54am On Jul 07, 2018
Chaii!

Igbos have carried crime into their religion!

BTW. The op is not serious for not knowing the definition of Christianity.

CHRISTIANITY MEANS SUFFERING IN SILENCE AND CONTINUE IN IT WITHOUT QUESTIONING YOUR JOBLESS PASTORS HOW HE OBTAINED HIS WORLDLY COMFORTABLE AND HIGHLY EXPENSIVE PROPERTIES.

2 Likes

Re: Early Morning Preachers Have Made My Life Miserable by Nobody: 7:55am On Jul 07, 2018
nawtyme:
Be happy that there is no mosque around you. Theirs is 5 times a day.
why drag Islam into your bullshit? besides they don't do it crazily like Christians do

3 Likes

Re: Early Morning Preachers Have Made My Life Miserable by africanusvu(m): 7:56am On Jul 07, 2018
Be sincere to urself pls.u said u comes back late sleeps late and spend most of ur days in ur biz at noisy Onitsha commercial environment yet u complained of constant headache. Thereby accusing innocent early morning preachers who normally starts at 5.30am and closes at 5.50am with small mobile public address system with very low pitch and short wavelength. I grew up and still live in OSHA.fegge precisely. Pls u have to adjust ur times to make for rests.u can't tell me from day to day u don't creat times to rest even on Sundays u attend church.club and village meeting.yet u complains of insomnia and headache. Why wldnt u have headache. Leave preachers out of this nigga
Re: Early Morning Preachers Have Made My Life Miserable by Nobody: 7:57am On Jul 07, 2018
post=69154914:
Be born again by force, by fire!
The Jehovah witnesses has one of the largest Christian congregation yet when carrying evangelism they didn't use megaphone

3 Likes

Re: Early Morning Preachers Have Made My Life Miserable by BruncleZuma: 7:57am On Jul 07, 2018
grin grin grin grin
Re: Early Morning Preachers Have Made My Life Miserable by Diso60090(m): 7:58am On Jul 07, 2018
sureboykris:
There's this growing trend which is affecting myself and my family - Early morning preachers.
Problem is that sometimes I get back late and sleep late and barely have enough hours to sleep before starting a new day. Sometimes my baby keeps us awake till the early hours of the morning and just when we're about to catch some sleep, they arrive.. Sometimes 3 different groups preach at the same time.
I now have frequent headaches and have developed some form of early morning anxiety (i dread the noise of the megaphone).
Please what do I do? Is this a matter for the police(as I feel they're disturbing public peace) or do I just see a doctor to help me cope with my sleep problems.

My friend go sleep and stop listening to pastors and hustle your self amiable
Re: Early Morning Preachers Have Made My Life Miserable by Nobody: 8:00am On Jul 07, 2018
Senselin:
What of me that lives near a mosque? Their prayers start at about 4am. I am used to it jare.

The problem I see here is that you hardly have enough sleep before 4am. Early morning preachers also compound the problem for you.

This ought not to be so. You shouldn't disturb your neighbours all in the name of practising religion

3 Likes

Re: Early Morning Preachers Have Made My Life Miserable by Benoxvals(m): 8:01am On Jul 07, 2018
My brother you don’t need advice on this one...
I stay in Anambra as well..
Confront them nicely at first and tell them that they are disturbing the peace of you and your family,if they refuse then just turn on a little 007 movie for them..
Unplug all their wire and push down their speakers..
They always call me Onye okwu ego whenever do that..
Imagine on a Sunday afternoon when I visited my parents to discuss on a quite afternoon,2 of these preachers from different church came with their followers and their clappings and boring songs made me turn on another Universal movie production..
Am sure God himself would closed His eyes to these boring songs..Gosh!!!! I hate those mega phones.

3 Likes

Re: Early Morning Preachers Have Made My Life Miserable by ChristineC: 8:01am On Jul 07, 2018
dingbang:
Sadly, your governor ain't ambode, else he would have sacked all of them a long time ago. Personally I don't tolerate bullsheet.

what has Ambode done about the noise in Lagos?
Re: Early Morning Preachers Have Made My Life Miserable by africanusvu(m): 8:01am On Jul 07, 2018
konkonbilo:
You're 100% correct... The main cause of those preachings is poverty.....someone that has work to do or a business to run won't wake up very early in the morning and start disturbing the peace of other people..
.u mean they preach BC they ar poor?well.becareful rich man. Profiling preachers as paupers isn't too wise

1 Like

Re: Early Morning Preachers Have Made My Life Miserable by Nobody: 8:01am On Jul 07, 2018
Quality20:
are u not a xtian? u shd b happy cos u are now taking double double preaching, no more need to go to church or pay tithes.
on a serious note, wake up and talk to them or have a street meeting with ur neighbors ,so u guys set up some form of neighborhood watch who will b confronting these ppl. If all that can't work, then hire some fake or real security men who can threaten n intimidate them
Bad idea
Re: Early Morning Preachers Have Made My Life Miserable by hotspec(m): 8:02am On Jul 07, 2018
dominique:
Three preaching at the same time? That's serious! The way people take religious matter, one would think they're no evil people in this country but na lie, na them wicked pass. Sorry your plight op, continuous sleep deprivation can affect your physical and mental health. You need to have a chat with these preachers and let them know how all that preaching is taking a toll on your health. They don't have to use loudspeakers to pass their messages accross. It's advisable to involve key members of your neighbourhood in the dialogue.
I keep wondering if d whites that brought Christianity to us are even practicing it ds was. So, u will go-to a street in Texas and 3 people will be doing preaching competition with megaphone in early morning?

3 Likes

Re: Early Morning Preachers Have Made My Life Miserable by nuesednutlofa: 8:04am On Jul 07, 2018
calddon:
@op, I feel ur pain n megaphones are getting annoyingly louder these days.
U must not preach at the top of ur electronic device to convince another especially at an ungodly hour.

Thank God for Lagos
Have you been to Ikeja Along, on your way to computer village, you will see them there, 3 in numbers preaching with loud microphone

2 Likes

Re: Early Morning Preachers Have Made My Life Miserable by ardrockltd(m): 8:04am On Jul 07, 2018
just relocate bro life is too short to have heart attack
Re: Early Morning Preachers Have Made My Life Miserable by divinelove(m): 8:06am On Jul 07, 2018
sureboykris:

give your life to Christ and you will start enjoying them
Re: Early Morning Preachers Have Made My Life Miserable by Nobody: 8:06am On Jul 07, 2018
thunder74:
Are you sure it is the noise that is disturbing you or the messages that are hitting you in a bad place?
Whichever one, get ears cover device and always wear it to sleep.

Honestly, the noise is getting to you because you put your mind to it and because you are biased already.

It is not the noise that is disturbing you from sleeping, it is the anger and hatred for what those morning criers are doing that is causing your sleeplessness.

Once your attitude change, you will get good sleep, afterall we sleep well with a very noisy generator.

I used to get angry at the Muslim early morning call for prayers but later I programmed my mind to enjoy it as an early morning music.
It is very wrong. If the government decides to react now many of us including myself will target it persecution. How can I come from work to meet noise from a church or mosque?. Do you realize the psychological trauma one gets from such noise?.This madness must stop. You can preach or pray without disturbing your neighbours. You can sell your products without constituting nuisance to the society. This boils down to proper planning

3 Likes

Re: Early Morning Preachers Have Made My Life Miserable by EMERITUS85(m): 8:07am On Jul 07, 2018
dominique:
Three preaching at the same time? That's serious! The way people take religious matter, one would think they're no evil people in this country but na lie, na them wicked pass. Sorry your plight op, continuous sleep deprivation can affect your physical and mental health. You need to have a chat with these preachers and let them know how all that preaching is taking a toll on your health. They don't have to use loudspeakers to pass their messages accross. It's advisable to involve key members of your neighbourhood in the dialogue.
they'll tag him demon grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

My Aunt Grows Beard Like A Man, Is It A Health Condition? / 15 Years After Abortion, Indian Woman Finds Aborted Baby In Her Abdomen (Graphic / .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.