Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,962 members, 7,952,875 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 06:32 AM

Early Morning Preachers Have Made My Life Miserable - Health (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Early Morning Preachers Have Made My Life Miserable (39946 Views)

Black Soot: Early Morning Weather Condition In Rivers State / Man Slumps And Dies In Lagos During Early Morning Jogging (Photo) / Man Slumps And Dies On The Road During Early Morning Jogging (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Early Morning Preachers Have Made My Life Miserable by Nobody: 8:07am On Jul 07, 2018
Get ear plugs grin
Re: Early Morning Preachers Have Made My Life Miserable by PROPHETmichael: 8:08am On Jul 07, 2018
"Problem is that sometimes I get back late and sleep late and barely have enough hours to sleep before starting a new day"

Just listen to yourself...
You need Jesus to take this burden away from you.
When Satan wants to keep a man in perpetual bondage, he will make him fight his deliverer. Of all the things that is constituting noise in your neighbourhood like generator sound etc it is the word of God that is giving your restlessness.

It is because of you that Jesus said,
"Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls.For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light." Matthew 11.28-30

YOU SOUND LIKE A GOOD MAN BUT BROS YOU NEED JESUS TO TAKE THIS BURDEN AWAY FROM YOU.
Re: Early Morning Preachers Have Made My Life Miserable by Olatoman(m): 8:08am On Jul 07, 2018
Sorry about what you going through Kriss.
Some People say buy earplugs, some say relocate, some say shut your windows, some even say the street contains People who are not Christians.

My take, Religion and Human Consideration should be done side by side. Yes, the gospel should be preached, but should it be at the inconvenience of others.
If you suggest he needs to move, or buy this or that, have you considered the Financial impact of that?
Have you also considered that the resultant and continuous sleep deprivation might affect him mentally and can create abysmal performance at work?
People need to look at the bigger picture please.

My suggestion: kindly speak to other Neighbours and if their is a Landlord association on your street, do well to tender this issue, it's still understandable if they started from 6, but 4.30am, that's inconsideration for others. Once you take a united front, approach the Preachers, let them understand you have nothing against them, but their resulting actions on you and your family, let them come to agreement to just let one person be coming to your area, and at a later time say 6/6.30am.
And if you want them totally out, you can tell them also and if you need to enforce that, please hold nothing back.

The black race always complicating matters of religion to their fellow man.

2 Likes

Re: Early Morning Preachers Have Made My Life Miserable by Nobody: 8:09am On Jul 07, 2018
too many things are wrong with nig!

that's how they disturb me daily too, in fact, they've compounded my insomnia.

3 Likes

Re: Early Morning Preachers Have Made My Life Miserable by gabpaul: 8:09am On Jul 07, 2018
You too change your ways nah...maybe God is trying to warn.. grin
Re: Early Morning Preachers Have Made My Life Miserable by Trendirabingi: 8:10am On Jul 07, 2018
frank41:
Oga no body is disturbing you.. If u are finding the environment unfit,then pack out.Dont even think of calling the police for anyone cos there is no law backing it up. If Na robber dey come that side dey disturb una like this, you fit get got call Untrained Nigeria police for them?
most of u nigerians are very disgusting, and there is no doubt u guys aint normal, d moment one points out ur stupidity dat is so glaring on every thrash u spew, u even begin to attack the observer, even more stupidly.. U lots should change ur tots process, let ur society change, n even ur stupid politicians fear u...if u know better, u wld detest ur self for sounding stupid all d time...

7 Likes

Re: Early Morning Preachers Have Made My Life Miserable by otokx(m): 8:10am On Jul 07, 2018
You have to confront them, religion is really finishing Nigeria.
Re: Early Morning Preachers Have Made My Life Miserable by Alanzazani: 8:12am On Jul 07, 2018
I feel your pain bro. I resided close to two churches at a time with thier night vigils and loud drums. My house will be vibrating when I need to sleep after getting back late from work. I had to move into a sane estate. So much lawlessness in Nigeria. Those megaphone preachers should be rained in honestly

3 Likes

Re: Early Morning Preachers Have Made My Life Miserable by 99miles(m): 8:12am On Jul 07, 2018
Go out in morning and dialogue with them, am sure they will understand.
Re: Early Morning Preachers Have Made My Life Miserable by hugoboss36(m): 8:12am On Jul 07, 2018
dingbang:
Sadly, your governor don't act like fashola, else he would have sacked all of them a long time ago. Personally I don't tolerate bullsheet.

Fbn customers I have good news for you on my signature.. wink
...Shut ur dirty mouth...if u dont know know wat to say...back to op..accost them wit ur own noise...period...
Re: Early Morning Preachers Have Made My Life Miserable by romeo(m): 8:13am On Jul 07, 2018
Anigreat:
shocked

Just see this one

Instead of Thanking God that you're hearing the undiluted word of God for free, you're here making noise.

mtchewwwww.

Backward religious fanatic.

1 Like

Re: Early Morning Preachers Have Made My Life Miserable by maxzzo1(m): 8:13am On Jul 07, 2018
There is no how a preacher will be in ur area every day check ursef...abi u be witch !!!

1 Like

Re: Early Morning Preachers Have Made My Life Miserable by nawtyme: 8:13am On Jul 07, 2018
awwfar:
why drag Islam into your bullshit? besides they don't do it crazily like Christians do
Please define "crazily"? Using 4 or 5 Ahuja loud speaker at 4.45am everyday 365 days a year is total madness

3 Likes

Re: Early Morning Preachers Have Made My Life Miserable by soliddust2020: 8:14am On Jul 07, 2018
I am currently in the same situation at the moment at asaba. This guy some times starts by 2am. I have thought about confronting him on several occassion.
Re: Early Morning Preachers Have Made My Life Miserable by Arinze86(m): 8:14am On Jul 07, 2018
Lock ur ear with an earphone
Re: Early Morning Preachers Have Made My Life Miserable by Sergioaguero: 8:14am On Jul 07, 2018
But in same Lagos, I have seen mosque with their horn speakers double with the loudest volume in the evening and early morning. Including blocking streets and main road on fridays in yaba n lagos island impeding movement and nobody or govt authority is complaining. if na christian now we no go hear word. Its privilege to hear to hear the word of God. some are praying to hear the word. The word at that moment might not be for you, but it can be a saving grace to someone else. You can buy ear mop n cover your ears to sleep. they sell it in the market.
Re: Early Morning Preachers Have Made My Life Miserable by Aarenasbaba(m): 8:15am On Jul 07, 2018
The one I encountered last month or two.....I approached the man with gentle voice but strong face..... Nobody need to tell him what am passing through.......I let him realise that if he want to spread a gospel he should b done in d day not midnight ..... There are many sick person in the community and his noise is disturbing and am very sure there are not praying for him....either good or bad,he should choose one....he left and never come back

3 Likes

Re: Early Morning Preachers Have Made My Life Miserable by romeo(m): 8:16am On Jul 07, 2018
PROPHETmichael:
"Problem is that sometimes I get back late and sleep late and barely have enough hours to sleep before starting a new day"

When Satan wants to keep a man in perpetual bondage, he will make him fight his deliverer. Of all the things that is constituting noise in your neighbourhood like generator sound etc it is the word of God that is giving your restlessness.

"Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls.For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light." Matthew 11.28-30

YOU SOUND LIKE A GOOD MAN BUT BROS YOU NEED JESUS TO TAKE THIS BURDEN AWAY FROM YOU.

Shut up with that bullcrap. If I were him, I would buy a big sound system and respond in kind with music of my choice when they start that preaching madness

3 Likes

Re: Early Morning Preachers Have Made My Life Miserable by gbaskiboy: 8:17am On Jul 07, 2018
Anigreat:
shocked

Just see this one

Instead of Thanking God that you're hearing the undiluted word of God for free, you're here making noise.

mtchewwwww.
Undilluted message at the risk of his health. abeg goan siddon

1 Like

Re: Early Morning Preachers Have Made My Life Miserable by 8stargeneral: 8:18am On Jul 07, 2018
Datz environmental hazard, report them to police, but my fear is dat nigeria police are not helping matters cry cry

1 Like

Re: Early Morning Preachers Have Made My Life Miserable by Trendirabingi: 8:19am On Jul 07, 2018
PROPHETmichael:

u are an illiterate , trust me.. Even jesus wld be ashamed of u, n ur slowpoke level of mental comprehension and abysmal fooly.......maybe he asked u and ur likes to go and use loud speaker n remove the burden, n equally use it to deprive a little unknowing baby of sleep, n take dat ones burden 2.....they are lots of eeddioots in this country n even lots more in nairaland..why, seun na wa o?., this lots are very, disgusting...are these for real?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Early Morning Preachers Have Made My Life Miserable by MichaelSokoto(m): 8:20am On Jul 07, 2018
sureboykris:
Greetings everyone. My name is Kris and I reside in Anambra.
There's this growing trend which is affecting myself and my family - Early morning preachers.
These people have made my life a living hell.
Sometimes as early as 4:30am these people wake you up with loudspeakers.
Problem is that sometimes I get back late and sleep late and barely have enough hours to sleep before starting a new day. Sometimes my baby keeps us awake till the early hours of the morning and just when we're about to catch some sleep, they arrive.. Sometimes 3 different groups preach at the same time.
I now have frequent headaches and have developed some form of early morning anxiety (i dread the noise of the megaphone).
Please what do I do? Is this a matter for the police(as I feel they're disturbing public peace) or do I just see a doctor to help me cope with my sleep problems.
Your advice will be appreciated. Thanks
u're even lucky!

my own, see fuuuuulll church big loudspeakers, see my window!
every 1st blessed monday of every blessed week till eternity at every blessed 4 'o clock early moh-moh nahim dis church dey do dia mornin service!
minus all d normal every evenin day services & last days service to enter every new month oo! undecided

thank ur stars my broda grin
Re: Early Morning Preachers Have Made My Life Miserable by notttty(m): 8:22am On Jul 07, 2018
I had similar problem bt i sorted it without anger or fight. I live in an estate carved out of the popular jakande estate and its an eastern settlement(igbo dominated) and am a muslim frm northern exract. Sumtimes in 2015 i started noticing serious influx of preachers into d estate nd they sendin fury our way as if d devil reside within our estate. One early morning just when i was driving outside my compound i met dis woman seriously speaking in tongues nd casting d devil dat reside either in my compound or the next, she is always the loudest frm my observation. I slowed down nd greeted her wel and she invited me 4 a program. From there we started talkin and i told ha hw i liked ha preaching tho am nt a christian bt odas make so much noise. Trust me she was d one dat first help me report oda preachers to landlords assoc, then enforce d gate rule to start openin by 5:30am. That kept oda preachers at the gate entrance later as her friend i told ha my to tone down abit and she did. Nw its all QUIET.
Re: Early Morning Preachers Have Made My Life Miserable by calddon(m): 8:25am On Jul 07, 2018
nuesednutlofa:
Have you been to Ikeja Along, on your way to computer village, you will see them there, 3 in numbers preaching with loud microphone
Lol, i guess our hands r tied
Re: Early Morning Preachers Have Made My Life Miserable by mxpinky: 8:26am On Jul 07, 2018
nawtyme:
Be happy that there is no mosque around you. Theirs is 5 times a day.
he's complaining about churches and its stupid members for now buy sense pls
Re: Early Morning Preachers Have Made My Life Miserable by mxpinky: 8:29am On Jul 07, 2018
Senselin:
What of me that lives near a mosque? Their prayers start at about 4am. I am used to it jare.

The problem I see here is that you hardly have enough sleep before 4am. Early morning preachers also compound the problem for you.

muslims pray gently to Allah
they never command him with force
they don't shout as you people do once your maddnes starts you people will turn street preachers

2 Likes

Re: Early Morning Preachers Have Made My Life Miserable by notttty(m): 8:29am On Jul 07, 2018
PROPHETmichael:

So d bible told u to go abt disturbing other people's peace wit mega speaker. Spit on ur stupidity and ignorance

1 Like

Re: Early Morning Preachers Have Made My Life Miserable by MrCuteking(m): 8:30am On Jul 07, 2018
ProCBT:
Reading Proverbs 27:14 to them will solve your problem.

You can write it as a note and respectfully hand it over to them to read at their leisure.

Pls don't forget to thank me

@ sureboykris

Laugh wan kill me aswear. Lolz
Re: Early Morning Preachers Have Made My Life Miserable by Nobody: 8:32am On Jul 07, 2018
mxpinky:
muslims pray gently to Allah
they never command him with force
they don't shout as you people do once your maddnes starts you people will turn street preachers

You forget that they use horn speakers abi? Let us say it as it is.
Re: Early Morning Preachers Have Made My Life Miserable by 9inches(m): 8:32am On Jul 07, 2018
@Op, discuss with other tenants, you'll be surprised you're not alone. The topic can also be brought up during your neighborhood association meeting. Articulate a clear case of how the early morning disturbance affects your health. Let them understand you have nothing against their preaching and that while you appreciate their dedication to spreading their message, they have to understand the real world consequences in terms of your health and that of your family.

If diplomacy fails, you can then sue. You have a good case of public nuisance/disturbance of public peace here.

God help you.

2 Likes

Re: Early Morning Preachers Have Made My Life Miserable by frozen70(f): 8:33am On Jul 07, 2018
sureboykris:
Greetings everyone. My name is Kris and I reside in Anambra.
There's this growing trend which is affecting myself and my family - Early morning preachers.
These people have made my life a living hell.
Sometimes as early as 4:30am these people wake you up with loudspeakers.
Problem is that sometimes I get back late and sleep late and barely have enough hours to sleep before starting a new day. Sometimes my baby keeps us awake till the early hours of the morning and just when we're about to catch some sleep, they arrive.. Sometimes 3 different groups preach at the same time.
I now have frequent headaches and have developed some form of early morning anxiety (i dread the noise of the megaphone).
Please what do I do? Is this a matter for the police(as I feel they're disturbing public peace) or do I just see a doctor to help me cope with my sleep problems.
Your advice will be appreciated. Thanks

Best option for you is to relocate to another area and this time around investigate the area before making payment

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Bank Staff Slumps And Dies In Lagos / Dr. Chima Matthew Dances To Calm Down His Patient's Siblings In Florida, US / 6 Steps To Avoid Sperm Leakage After Sexual Intercourse

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.