Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,886 members, 7,814,003 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 12:07 AM

Anioma State And South East Zone - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Anioma State And South East Zone (39791 Views)

Why Every Non Igboid Deltan Must Key Into Anioma State / Anioma State & Southeast Comparison: Education, Standard Of Living And Economy / How insecurity worsened in S-East zone (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (39) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Anioma State And South East Zone by Bede2u(m): 3:27pm On Jul 10, 2018
Ikenna0b:

Onitsha is an Anioma territory fact!!!

Who opened this topic was it an Anioma?

You are lucky I don't insult SE Igbos.

Abeg carry your nonsense and commot for my face
Onitsha is anioma...but carving it into anioma state wont happen bro...Anambra folks wont allow it cos they built it...its already open for all Igbos besides anioma has asaba and oil...so u guys are good to go without onitsha ado...wat we need is those anioma territories that are yet to be included in se

1 Like

Re: Anioma State And South East Zone by Bede2u(m): 3:42pm On Jul 10, 2018
aniomafirstson:

Guy leave these people.
We keep stretching our hands for Igbo unity but I don't think they want us.Heck we have been clamouring for anioma state since we got independence how we didn't get it is still a mystery to me.
u are funny o. the juliusmalema guy called ebonyi 3rd class igbos...and said that wawa igbos are primitive...is he the person u are taking serious? did u see in the page 1 where he was exposed? or u ignored it. The fact that in real life u guys have headed many igbo socio-orgnisations shows that u are fully accepted as sons of the soil...the op here is also from se

12 Likes

Re: Anioma State And South East Zone by Nobody: 4:09pm On Jul 10, 2018
So my name is now the guy who called Ebonyi 3rd class citizens......

Mynd44.....pls let some rule be valid......This is insulting and demeaning to my person......

My moniker here is julius Malema....i didn't register with guy who called Ebonyi 3rd class citizens.....i don't find that statement funny again....Nobody should use such term on my person....to a statement am still searching to find the root source.

pls nairalander take note....

cc
Bede2u
Re: Anioma State And South East Zone by Nobody: 4:12pm On Jul 10, 2018
flyca:

Julius, the way you talk is not good, and you need to change it. You arr danm too condescending! Why?!
Ths other day, you called Ebonyians "3rd class Igbos". Now, "Aniomas are not Igbos"

First of all, you need to mind what you say to others. Works can heal, words can also kill.

Let's even say that Anioma's are from Sudan, and suddenly want to join the Igbos, is anything wrong with that? You say you are an Igbo man, but you lack the core traditional values of the Igbo man, such as accomodating others and mutual respect. You lack skill, you lack tact. You just troll recklessly on people online.

Please apply caution.
Nwanna I beg you.

On my personal opinion, Anioma's are Igbos. The difference in language, food, culture and lifestyle are not too much with people from Anambra, Imo etc. I feel even up to PH and boders of Cameroun, we could piece ourselves together and form a stronger indomitable force against these "born-to-rule" nonsense people. angry

I don't really know where Ukwu-ani is in Delta, but they speak dialects of Igbo. I met my big Ukwu-ani sisters in Benin when I went to serve and we blended like we've known for ages. I could grasp what they say and they understand my Igbo too. The younger bro's name is Ifeanyi. Lol

Our govt should also do more in uniting us all. More public awareness, more cultural exchange etc can go a long way.

Ala bu otu! Anyi bu ofu!
Ka udo na achi! Iseeeeeeee! cheesy

noted.
Re: Anioma State And South East Zone by Bede2u(m): 4:14pm On Jul 10, 2018
Juliusmalema:
[s]So my name is now the guy who called Ebonyi 3rd class citizens......

.....pls let some rule be valid......This is insulting and demeaning to my person......

My moniker here is julius Malema....i didn't register with guy who called Ebonyi 3rd class citizens.....i don't find that statement funny again....Nobody should use such term on my person....to a statement am still searching to find the root source.

pls nairalander take note....

cc
Bede2u[/s]
yoro moslem...u goofed that day

2 Likes

Re: Anioma State And South East Zone by NonsoWow: 4:16pm On Jul 10, 2018
Aba state is more viable for the Igbo race. Creating anioma state is unintelligent. Anioma should remain in delta state until they agree on their identity. State creation doesn't come every christmas, so Igbos should take the opportunity wisely whenever it presents itself. The Igbo pretenders in delta state should be left where they are so that Igbo can have some claim in the south-south. Not after taking advantage of Igbo agitation for a sixth state in order to escape the pressure from urobo and ijaw, when they eventually get the anioma state, they start claiming anioma tribe as their new identity. It won't work. The ikwerres have taught us some unforgettable lesson in this regard.

2 Likes

Re: Anioma State And South East Zone by Nobody: 4:16pm On Jul 10, 2018
Bede2u:
yoro moslem...u goofed that day
I choptas not.
Re: Anioma State And South East Zone by aniomafirstson: 4:40pm On Jul 10, 2018
Those ukwuani people that still deny being Igbo in this modern era should learn to speak for themselves and not lump all of us into their stupid identity crises

Or better still they should go to the palace of the obi of ukwuani and tell him he is not Igbo let's see if they will come out alive.

https://therepublicannews.net/2016/06/07/you-lied-anioma-is-igbo-and-part-of-biafra-traditional-ruler-of-ukwuani-tells-gov-okwwa/

Re: Anioma State And South East Zone by clefstone(m): 4:44pm On Jul 10, 2018
gidgiddy:

Before the war, nobody in Nigeria was known as "Anioma", however, Ukwuani and Agbor were known as 'Ika-Igbos' as far back as 1963 when the Mid-West Region was created.
The people referred to as Anioma today have been called Midwestern -Igbo, Bendel-Igbo and more recently Delta-Igbo. The war never changed that. What never happened in history is the people of the Aboh-Ukwuani-Ika axis ever calling themselves Igbos, ever!

The Igbos are great people but most of us don't see ourselves in them. It's something you may not understand but you just have to respect people's opinion of themselves

1 Like

Re: Anioma State And South East Zone by clefstone(m): 4:48pm On Jul 10, 2018
aniomafirstson:
Those ukwuani people that still deny being Igbo in this modern era should learn to speak for themselves and not lump all of us into their stupid identity crises

Or better still they should go to the palace of the obi of ukwuani and tell him he is not Igbo let's see if they will come out alive.

https://therepublicannews.net/2016/06/07/you-lied-anioma-is-igbo-and-part-of-biafra-traditional-ruler-of-ukwuani-tells-gov-okwwa/
no such person as the Obi of Ukwuani
Re: Anioma State And South East Zone by Igboesika: 5:26pm On Jul 10, 2018
Ikenna0b:

You're a complete 1mbecile

This person you quoted is the same person with juliousmalema and he's also the same person with the moniker "Reelecctbuhari'. By now, I expect you to understand that reelectbuhari is not even a Southerner to start with let alone an Igbo man because he has been busted several times on this forum which you ought to be aware of.
Don't be carried away by his pro Igbo comments.
Its still their tactics.
I think he has dumped that "reeelectBuhari" moniker because that was the moniker he was exposed with
He has opened a lot of monikers to keep doing what he's known for, even when its obvious that he can't achieve his aim .
Again, don't judge the whole SE igbos just because of some comments made by some lunatics that are nobody even in their respective families(impostors).
Igbos are igbos....
If you keep accusing the whole SE igbos of not embracing Igbo unity simply because of some comments made by some inconsequential idiots on this forum, then, then how do you want us igbos from SE that believe in Igbo unity feel ? Don't allow our struggle for Igbo unity to be in vain.
Igbos are igbos no matter the geo political zones.
We are indivisible.
Note: This confusion and fight among igbos in SS and SE is what abokis and their SW slaves want.
They always feel exited seeing this confusion and rivalry because that is their agenda.Don't give them that space to be happy. Don't also forget that majority of them have Igbo monikers as well
Cc;
Aniomafirstson.

7 Likes

Re: Anioma State And South East Zone by Bede2u(m): 5:49pm On Jul 10, 2018
clefstone:
The people referred to as Anioma today have been called Midwestern -Igbo, Bendel-Igbo and more recently Delta-Igbo. The war never changed that. What never happened in history is the people of the Aboh-Ukwuani-Ika axis ever calling themselves Igbos, ever!

The Igbos are great people but most of us don't see ourselves in them. It's something you may not understand but you just have to respect people's opinion of themselves
this post is not about ur people being igbo or not. Some of u claim igbo some don't. But at least u all agree that u want Anioma. SE also need one more state so why not team up.. Ur names sound igbo too so u can blend in when u want and stand out wen u want. SE don't need to be only igbo

1 Like

Re: Anioma State And South East Zone by ariesbull: 10:23pm On Jul 10, 2018
Obi1kenobi:
There should simply be a referendum on the issue among the Anioma clans. I suspect the Ika and many in the Ukwuani group will reject the Igbo association while the Enuani clans will embrace it. The only state creation agenda we should support though should be an Anioma state. The other agitations (Njaba, Adada etc) don't make any sense at all. Just chipping away at Igbo states that are already the tiniest in Nigeria. Very soon, even small local governments that you can barely locate on a map would want state status.

How can we support anioma when they want to add my Onitsha in their identity crisis ....we would not support confused fellows

2 Likes

Re: Anioma State And South East Zone by ariesbull: 10:35pm On Jul 10, 2018
aniomafirstson:

Guy leave these people.
We keep stretching our hands for Igbo unity but I don't think they want us.Heck we have been clamouring for anioma state since we got independence how we didn't get it is still a mystery to me.

It wouldn't happen because your folks are confused
Re: Anioma State And South East Zone by ariesbull: 10:37pm On Jul 10, 2018
Bede2u:
Onitsha is anioma...but carving it into anioma state wont happen bro...Anambra folks wont allow it cos they built it...its already open for all Igbos besides anioma has asaba and oil...so u guys are good to go without onitsha ado...wat we need is those anioma territories that are yet to be included in se

Onitsha isn't anioma pls we know anioma towns stop claiming...from Asaba to agbor is anioma...pls go with it...leave us ...I am from Onitsha and I am not anioma k have my Nri roots ...we aren't confused like you guys and thank Lord river Niger is there so focus on your confusion

3 Likes

Re: Anioma State And South East Zone by ariesbull: 10:39pm On Jul 10, 2018
Juliusmalema:

your problem is that u don't know boundary and ethnic histories....

u only believe what u were told.....oral history.......

By the time everybody gets his priority right....then this won't be an argument.....

If u want anioma state...is okay...infact fine....but the state has to stretch far to benin...I believe delta, edo and some part of let's say kogi can form the Anioma state.

No more igboland will be carved out to strangers or non-igbo all in the name of anioma state or country..........

Unlike I said earlier....igbos will be looking towards port harcourt (igweocha), imo axis for new state....not anioma.

Bringing in non-igbos will further infiltrate our camps.

Gbam
Re: Anioma State And South East Zone by ariesbull: 10:40pm On Jul 10, 2018
hammer6F:

NOBODY WILL DO DAT.

ONITSHA IS ANIOMA.

I AN ANAMBRA MAN WILL BE THE FIRST TO SAY DAT.

BUT THEY ARE FOREVER ANAMBRA.

Which Onitsha is it the inland town, the iweka or the oba or the Nkpor

I am from Onitsha
Re: Anioma State And South East Zone by Nobody: 10:41pm On Jul 10, 2018
ariesbull:

Gbam
I thought I was a write off
Re: Anioma State And South East Zone by ariesbull: 10:54pm On Jul 10, 2018
Juliusmalema:

I thought I was a write off

You are still but the first sense you made in ages
Re: Anioma State And South East Zone by Bede2u(m): 12:19am On Jul 11, 2018
ariesbull:

Onitsha isn't anioma pls we know anioma towns stop claiming...from Asaba to agbor is anioma...pls go with it...leave us ...I am from Onitsha and I am not anioma k have my Nri roots ...we aren't confused like you guys and thank Lord river Niger is there so focus on your confusion
I am Enugu bro. The politics is to bring Anioma into SE. Diplomacy is required. And relax.. Onitsha won't be carved out of Anambra. Its not being debated

Look at the map of igboland...compare it with se zone map. Do u see how nigerian govt cut igbos up. Do u think insults will get us wat we have lost?

Is it not time to try diplomacy and native cunning? If we get all part of igboland we would be good to go alone without ss minorities

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anioma State And South East Zone by Bede2u(m): 12:59am On Jul 11, 2018
OBJANDIBB:

##################################

100% my thought. The OP should ask around why SE rejected the creation of Anioma state since 1952.IGBO SHOULD FORGET ABOUT US. WE NOT NDIGBO.
lol... Se cannot reject the creation of anioma state. For one Anioma is not in se. Two, creating Anioma will not affect se negatively in anyway. So wt are u talking about
Re: Anioma State And South East Zone by Gr8amechi: 2:11am On Jul 11, 2018
selemempe:
Still on this matter, I know many people from Anioma axis think that they should be a seperate ethnic group.
How ever its a fact that they answer Igbo names, speak a dialect of the Igbo language, have Igbo traditions and share a border with mainland south east. Yes they may also have a connection to the binis but for some reason they did not evolve bini names, language nor culture. They evolved Igbo

There is never going to be a way in this country that a man whose name is Chibuzo Dike will not be regarded as Igbo by everybody. Why do u think it was Gej and not peter odili that became yaradua's vp. Why do u think Kaduna Nzeogwu's coup is regarded as an Igbo coup.

We the Igbos of se only agreed to be called igbos recently too. Otherwise before the white men came, we were Ngwa people, Bende people, Nsukka people, Agbenu people, Wawa people etc etc just like you are Anioma people. There has never been (and will never be) a central Igbo ruler. What we have as Igbos is our shared language and culture. Nothing else. A DNA check might reveal that the Aba people are more brotherly to the Akwaibom people than they are to the onitsha people. However, all that dont matter any more. What matters is that in the 21st century, we all speak the same language and share same culture.

Let Anioma state be created and joined with the south east for the following reasons

[1] It will be a predominantly Igbo-speaking state

[2] Even if the people do not consider themselves Igbo, there are more cultural ties that bond them with other states in the south-east geo-political zone than the south south geopolitical zone

3] Aniomans have always been treated as second class Igbos because they were part of the Western Region and Bendel States. If they are made part of the south-east, that will stop.

[4] Let us face it, the Urhobos, Itshekhiris and Ijaws in Delta State outnumber the Aniomas and would not allow them to achieve dominant positions within the state

[5] At the moment, the south-east is the one zone crying out for more states.

[6] There is nothing wrong with states in one zone being on different sides of the River Niger. Remember that Benue State is south of the river, as is Kwara State, yet they are in the north central zone.

[7] According to Cornelius Adebayo, the Yorubas in Kwara and Kogi States want to create Oya State and make it part of the south-west. If this happens, a precedence has been set.

[8] I know a lot of Aniomans have a deep afinity towards Benin and Edo but being part of the south-east does not mean this will end. The Yorubas of Ilorin do not stop celebrating the Oro festival just because they are in the north-central political zone.

[9] A lot of Aniomans have not been able to occupy positions their abilities deserve because they have been victims of not being clear cut members of ethnic groups. For instance Senator Patrick Osakwe of Asaba could not be put forward for senate president, despite the fact that he is probably the most qualified Igbo-speaking senator for the job. Being part of the sout-east will resolve this.

[10] Creating Anioma State and making it part of the south-east, should lead to an increased westward migration of Igbos. This is necessary because of the high population density in the region which is putting pressure on resources, leading to a host of social problems.

What are your thoughts.
Remember the south needs more states to be able to challenge the north in the national assembly and south east particularly need one more state to be able to have an equal voice with other zones in Abuja.
There is one problem o have with people like you. Come to delta state the Urhobos and the Isoko speak similar language have almost same names in fact just google the word isobo and you would see their history but as at today they don't agree to be one despite all their similarities.
Now for the factor that you are mutually intelligible with someone doesn't translate to one and same.
The issue is have with most of you guys across the Niger is your mindset, All you just said here is how the creation of anioma state would favour you and not even how it affects the primary people involved.
I agree the way the nation is structured currently is not good enough but The south east can fight their fight and you don't need to force an identity on anyone. Anioma is a very complex place that has lots of history and origin even among same tongue they have different history of origin so do you intend to force them to abandon their ancestry just to be called Igbos??
South east Igbos should face their fight. One problem we have in Nigeria is everyone is selfish and you just displayed that in your statement.
Anioma state would come at when due and hopefully we would be an independent state we can work together politically but please keep out your ideas of being one. No body wants to be a second class citizens in a place they call their home and
It's no news you guys see us as not really Igbos and thank you we have never been and we would never be. It's time aniomaStands and get an identity and stop being under any shadow

4 Likes

Re: Anioma State And South East Zone by Bede2u(m): 4:15am On Jul 11, 2018
Gr8amechi:

There is one problem o have with people like you. Come to delta state the Urhobos and the Isoko speak similar language have almost same names in fact just google the word isobo and you would see their history but as at today they don't agree to be one despite all their similarities.
Now for the factor that you are mutually intelligible with someone doesn't translate to one and same.
The issue is have with most of you guys across the Niger is your mindset, All you just said here is how the creation of anioma state would favour you and not even how it affects the primary people involved.
I agree the way the nation is structured currently is not good enough but The south east can fight their fight and you don't need to force an identity on anyone. Anioma is a very complex place that has lots of history and origin even among same tongue they have different history of origin so do you intend to force them to abandon their ancestry just to be called Igbos??
South east Igbos should face their fight. One problem we have in Nigeria is everyone is selfish and you just displayed that in your statement.
Anioma state would come at when due and hopefully we would be an independent state we can work together politically but please keep out your ideas of being one. No body wants to be a second class citizens in a place they call their home and
It's no news you guys see us as not really Igbos and thank you we have never been and we would never be. It's time aniomaStands and get an identity and stop being under any shadow
First of all i understand that APC supporters feel like they are supposed to be at war with Igbos and seeing that u are an APC supporter, its no surprise that u would say wat u just said about Igbos being selfish and all. Well as u can see in this very thread that some people from Anioma accepted that they are Igbos and would like to join the se region.

But most importantly is that u have missed the point of this thread. The point was never if all Anioma are Igbo or not. That will never be agreed on...even by Anioma people among themselves. Some will always say-like u-that they are not Igbos while some like anioma1stson would accept that he is Igbo. The point of this thread is a mutual benefit for Anioma and SE. U want ur own state and SE needs one more state. There are shared cultures too btw Anioma and SE....so why not team up and agitate together for the creation of Anioma state and its inclusion in se region. That u guys are in SE will not authomatically make u all Igbos...u can still maintain ur distinct ethnicity while within the se and collaborating with se elected leaders for shared interests.

All states in Nigeria are independent and so will Anioma state be...but lets be sincere...the ss already has 6 states...do u think any other region will allow for the creation of 7 states in ss? only se has 5 states...so almost certainly only se is going to get one extra state any time soon...would u rather have ur Anioma in se region or not have it at all? All states must be attached to a geopolitical zone.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anioma State And South East Zone by ariesbull: 5:38am On Jul 11, 2018
Bede2u:
I am Enugu bro. The politics is to bring Anioma into SE. Diplomacy is required. And relax.. Onitsha won't be carved out of Anambra. Its not being debated

Look at the map of igboland...compare it with se zone map. Do u see how nigerian govt cut igbos up. Do u think insults will get us wat we have lost?

Is it not time to try diplomacy and native cunning? If we get all part of igboland we would be good to go alone without ss minorities

But they seems to be confused in anioma land and that's my take
Re: Anioma State And South East Zone by Bede2u(m): 5:47am On Jul 11, 2018
ariesbull:

But they seems to be confused in anioma land and that's my take
because they don't all have the same origin. Some identify as igbo while some don't. We from SE should respect that while courting them.
Re: Anioma State And South East Zone by ariesbull: 6:37am On Jul 11, 2018
Bede2u:
because they don't all have the same origin. Some identify as igbo while some don't. We from SE should respect that while courting them.

Igbo all don't have the same origin..even here in Onitsha , some are from Nri, some are Igala , some are from Ezechima , some are Around but we are all Igbo today , but today they agree in the new identity ...the problem with them in anioma is that they are confused and this is affecting them... Most folks here in Onitsha don't take them serious !

3 Likes

Re: Anioma State And South East Zone by Nobody: 7:10am On Jul 11, 2018
Gr8amechi:

we have already acknowledged that fact
u people are not igbos and will never be.
so no need for the long story.
Re: Anioma State And South East Zone by clefstone(m): 8:12am On Jul 11, 2018
Bede2u:
this post is not about ur people being igbo or not. Some of u claim igbo some don't. But at least u all agree that u want Anioma. SE also need one more state so why not team up.. Ur names sound igbo too so u can blend in when u want and stand out wen u want. SE don't need to be only igbo
I only responded to some people's false narratives.

On the issue of state creation, SE can get their additional state without involving my people. Personally, I do not believe the destiny of my people lie in the state we fall into, I do not even believe in the state's system we operate in Nigeria. I am an Aboh man first and last, create an Aboh state or an Aboh-Ndoni state, then I'll be content
Re: Anioma State And South East Zone by Afam4eva(m): 8:19am On Jul 11, 2018
clefstone:
I only responded to some people's false narratives.

On the issue of state creation, SE can get their additional state without involving my people. Personally, I do not believe the destiny of my people lie in the state we fall into, I do not even believe in the state's system we operate in Nigeria. I am an Aboh man first and last, create an Aboh state or an Aboh-Ndoni state, then I'll be content
Not in a hundred years will a state of Ukwuani-Ndoni be created when there are bigger and more viable options.

6 Likes

Re: Anioma State And South East Zone by clefstone(m): 8:36am On Jul 11, 2018
Afam4eva:
Not in a hundred years will a state of Ukwuani-Ndoni be created when there are bigger and more viable options.
I was only stating my wish not agitating. Meanwhile, an Ukwuani-Ndoni state would be very viable as we have great agricultural potential and oil and gas reserves. Haven't you heard that the Aboh people were once the most prosperous people along the banks of the Niger?
Re: Anioma State And South East Zone by clefstone(m): 8:37am On Jul 11, 2018
Afam4eva:
I was only stating my wish not agitating. Meanwhile, an Ukwuani-Ndoni state would be very viable as we have great agricultural potential and oil and gas reserves. Haven't you heard that the Aboh people were once the most prosperous people along the banks of the Niger?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (39) (Reply)

Yaro Makama Rigachikun Dumps APC / Anambra Government's Public Announcement On Sit At Home Order / Atiku Abubakar Denies PDP & "Small Boy" Rumour On Social Media

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 98
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.