Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,894 members, 7,814,020 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 01:26 AM

Anioma State And South East Zone - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Anioma State And South East Zone (39796 Views)

Why Every Non Igboid Deltan Must Key Into Anioma State / Anioma State & Southeast Comparison: Education, Standard Of Living And Economy / How insecurity worsened in S-East zone (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (39) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Anioma State And South East Zone by Afam4eva(m): 8:38am On Jul 11, 2018
clefstone:
I was only stating my wish not agitating. Meanwhile, an Ukwuani-Ndoni state would be very viable as we have great agricultural potential and oil and gas reserves. Haven't you heard that the Aboh people were once the most prosperous people along the banks of the Niger?
If you say so, but i think your best bet is to stick with your fellow Anioma people in the same state.

3 Likes

Re: Anioma State And South East Zone by clefstone(m): 8:52am On Jul 11, 2018
Afam4eva:

If you say so, but i think your best bet is to stick with your fellow Anioma people in the same state.
You should have noticed by now that I try to avoid using the word Anioma. The so called Anioma people are a diverse group of people, some with greater affinity to the Igbos and others with more affinity to neighboring non Igbo speaking people. If an Anioma state is created, there will still be problems of superiority tussle and distrust
Re: Anioma State And South East Zone by Afam4eva(m): 8:55am On Jul 11, 2018
clefstone:
You should have noticed by now that I try to avoid using the word Anioma. The so called Anioma people are a diverse group of people, some with greater affinity to the Igbos and others with more affinity to neighboring non Igbo speaking people. If an Anioma state is created, there will still be problems of superiority tussle and distrust
Show me a state where there is no problems of superiority tussle and distrust, even the so called homogeneous states. I think your issue with Anioma state is teh fact that when created, it may become very hard to separate yourself from the Igbo tag unlike when you're in a state like Delta or Rivers.

5 Likes

Re: Anioma State And South East Zone by Nobody: 8:59am On Jul 11, 2018
clefstone:

The igbos don't need them....sort ur issues from Asaba upto to edo....is non of our businesss....

Is only when u cross river Niger to claim any land that we will resist u people...

1 Like

Re: Anioma State And South East Zone by Gr8amechi: 9:24am On Jul 11, 2018
Bede2u:
First of all i understand that APC supporters feel like they are supposed to be at war with Igbos and seeing that u are an APC supporter, its no surprise that u would say wat u just said about Igbos being selfish and all. Well as u can see in this very thread that some people from Anioma accepted that they are Igbos and would like to join the se region.

But most importantly is that u have missed the point of this thread. The point was never if all Anioma are Igbo or not. That will never be agreed on...even by Anioma people among themselves. Some will always say-like u-that they are not Igbos while some like anioma1stson would accept that he is Igbo. The point of this thread is a mutual benefit for Anioma and SE. U want ur own state and SE needs one more state. There are shared cultures too btw Anioma and SE....so why not team up and agitate together for the creation of Anioma state and its inclusion in se region. That u guys are in SE will not authomatically make u all Igbos...u can still maintain ur distinct ethnicity while within the se and collaborating with se elected leaders for shared interests.

All states in Nigeria are independent and so will Anioma state be...but lets be sincere...the ss already has 6 states...do u think any other region will allow for the creation of 7 states in ss? only se has 5 states...so almost certainly only se is going to get one extra state any time soon...would u rather have ur Anioma in se region or not have it at all? All states must be attached to a geopolitical zone.
My friend try and be objective, you made good points in your response but spoilt it with the opening sentence.
If you read what I said, I said we don't need to say we are Igbos to work together for a common interests get that straight.
I agree on the se needing one more state. But stop making it an "igbo" affair. Niger delta is a very diverse region but have fought some very good fights and won, if the Igbos can stop forcing identity on us there is definitely no point we can't work together.
The fear of some minority tribe in Anioma about this is the fear of lost identity, if you guys can acknowledge us as and give us the respect accord us see the north they have different tribes but when it comes to shared interest they are one but within then they respect that they have separate tribes and tongues let the Igbos across the Niger change their orientation first. Everything else will fall in place and mind you we need more than 6 state the ss and se must form a synergy and keep all these rubbish of being igbo or not.
Lastly I demand an apology from you for you first state, You must grow above these PDP APC stuff. Look at the north they have people in all the parties that's how it should be PDP isn't a southern party.
By I am not APC
Re: Anioma State And South East Zone by Gr8amechi: 9:27am On Jul 11, 2018
Juliusmalema:

we have already acknowledged that fact
u people are not igbos and will never be.
so no need for the long story.
Thank you but there was no need for the insults. We don't need to be one tribe or ethnicity to have a shared political interest neither do we need to be one to clamour for independence what we need is mutual respect. If you treat me and my people this way why do you think we would want to cling towards you?? Let's not make same mistakes of fathers made
Re: Anioma State And South East Zone by EternalTruths: 9:41am On Jul 11, 2018
aniomafirstson:

That's what they normally do..on social media they claim we deny being igbos but in real life they deny us outrightly.

see how that aboki or igbowannabe keep using their head heck they couldn't even caution him.

Even afam4eva or whatever his name his keeps saying they should cut off igbo groups outside SE and go on their on...no problem with that but just sede the anioma communities in SE and everyone would be fine.

SE Igbo keeps disgracing themselves on social media..you can imagine the nonsense in that ebonyi vs anambra thread and you wonder why Igbo groups outside SE dont want to identify with them.

SE should sort themselves first before even thinking of adding anioma to SE.

If anioma state is created I want it zoned to SS not SE
let's keep dividing ourselves..NONSENSE

The problem with people like you is that you take nonentities very serious.

From Igbanke to Cross River at Cross River State and from Bonny to Igbos at Benue State, are all Igbos.

I intentionally avoided this thread because I know that so many nonentities will talk.

3 Likes

Re: Anioma State And South East Zone by EternalTruths: 9:45am On Jul 11, 2018
Mynd44:

But Aniomas are Igbos right? A sub-tribe like the Waawa in Nothern Enugu

Aniomas are Igbos.

Igbos have so many clans eg Ngwa, Mbaise, Ohafia, Aros, Etiti, Nri, Wawa, Izzi, Ezza, Igbankes, Ika , Ikwerre, Ogba etc.

So, do not allow ignorant people to deceive you that they are not Igbos.

Language is the unifying factor.

Cultures and Ancient Religion differ at times due to intermarriage with other ethnic groups at the border.

Just as the Israelites who left Egypt had a multitude of Egyptians who followed them due to intermarriage, so do Igbos have other ethnic groups who mingled with them in time past due to intermarriage Eg Igala, Idoma, Igede, Urhobo, Ijaws, Ibibio, Annang, Ogoni, Esan etc.

So, Igbos just like Israelites have such mixtures.

Only those clans in the center of Igboland, have little mixture with others (eg Etiti people) due to their location at the center.

Mynd44, don't allow anyone to deceive you.

3 Likes

Re: Anioma State And South East Zone by kasmilla(m): 9:52am On Jul 11, 2018
EternalTruths:

Aniomas are Igbos.

Igbos have so many clans eg Ngwa, Mbaise, Ohafia, Aros, Etiti, Nri, Wawa, Izzi, Ezza, Igbankes, Ika etc.

So, do not allow ignorant people to deceive you that they are not Igbos.

Language is the unifying factor.

Cultures and Ancient Religion differ at times due to intermarriage with other ethnic groups at the border.

and also according to wikipedia, aniomas are saying that they are igbos

3 Likes

Re: Anioma State And South East Zone by EternalTruths: 9:54am On Jul 11, 2018
kasmilla:
and also according to wikipedia, aniomas are saying that they are igbos

Even without Wikipedia, those with commonsense know.

3 Likes

Re: Anioma State And South East Zone by kasmilla(m): 9:55am On Jul 11, 2018
EternalTruths:

Even without Wikipedia, those with commonsense know.
ok
Re: Anioma State And South East Zone by clefstone(m): 10:19am On Jul 11, 2018
Afam4eva:

Show me a state where there is no problems of superiority tussle and distrust, even the so called homogeneous states. I think your issue with Anioma state is teh fact that when created, it may become very hard to separate yourself from the Igbo tag unlike when you're in a state like Delta or Rivers.
if states creation will not solve the problem of superiority tussle and distrust as u allude to, why agitate for it? As for Igbo tag, I do not really care about that, what is important to me is that I know where I come from and the values of my people that I must transmit on to those after me. State creation or not people will always use the false Igbo tag on us until they get to know us more deeply then they get to say, hey, these guys r different from those Igbo guys. We r used to that bro
Re: Anioma State And South East Zone by clefstone(m): 10:23am On Jul 11, 2018
Juliusmalema:

The igbos don't need them....sort ur issues from Asaba upto to edo....is non of our businesss....

Is only when u cross river Niger to claim any land that we will resist u people...
I try as much as possible not to talk to bitter, ill-brought up kids that should be I'm juvenile homes, so I won't even reply your mention again until you r cured of ADHD
Re: Anioma State And South East Zone by Nobody: 10:27am On Jul 11, 2018
Gr8amechi:

Thank you but there was no need for the insults. We don't need to be one tribe or ethnicity to have a shared political interest neither do we need to be one to clamour for independence what we need is mutual respect. If you treat me and my people this way why do you think we would want to cling towards you?? Let's not make same mistakes of fathers made

U still speaking as if u Igbo.....
I said is a long known fact that u people are not igbos and will never...be..is not an insult...u now telling me ur father made a mistake...how?....

Ur fathers are not igbos and as such....non of their mistakes has any link with us....

1 Like

Re: Anioma State And South East Zone by Nobody: 10:30am On Jul 11, 2018
clefstone:
I try as much as possible not to talk to bitter, ill-brought up kids that should be I'm juvenile homes, so I won't even reply your mention again until you r cured of ADHD

am not bitter and will never be....all am saying is that u non igbos should concentrate on SS and ur anioma.....if u need land to claim...grab it upfront.....to Benin were u people has ur roots and connection......not crossing river Niger do begin grab territory....it won't work....igbos will resist u people.

2 Likes

Re: Anioma State And South East Zone by Dhugal: 10:31am On Jul 11, 2018
OBJANDIBB:

ANIOMA is not IGBO. Anioma is an acronym N part of it is another acronym of my tribe , find out what is. Igbo means slave in my language. Find out where and you will know my village.

Nbene. (Thank you)
It's Mbene.
And slave in Ndokwa Is Osu.
Try again

3 Likes

Re: Anioma State And South East Zone by ariesbull: 1:17pm On Jul 11, 2018
Afam4eva:

I wonder why they don't want to stick with their fellow anioma...what is chasing them...to east

Anioma as a whole is big enough to be a state ..these guys are confused

3 Likes

Re: Anioma State And South East Zone by ariesbull: 1:19pm On Jul 11, 2018
Juliusmalema:

am not bitter and will never be....all am saying is that u non igbos should concentrate on SS and ur anioma.....if u need land to claim...grab it upfront.....to Benin were u people has ur roots and connection......not crossing river Niger do begin grab territory....it won't work....igbos will resist u people.

They act even cross the river Niger...that is a natural boundaries..they have Benin and their fellow confused Ika ....to contend with ...we don't want them across the river with their stupidity

There stupidity and confusion never do them...when it don do them we would know and also...their anioma state they are fighting for it alone

2 Likes

Re: Anioma State And South East Zone by gidgiddy: 1:56pm On Jul 11, 2018
I wonder how a thread about Anioma being a state turned into about Anioma being Igbo

I wonder

1 Like

Re: Anioma State And South East Zone by Bede2u(m): 5:06pm On Jul 11, 2018
gidgiddy:
I wonder how a thread about Anioma being a state turned into about Anioma being Igbo

I wonder
The thing just pain me. That juliusmalema guy is doing his best to spoil the thread. Most people here dont realize he is not igbo and they are taking his words seriously. How can anybody decide ethnicity for anioma people? We are talking creating a state for them and adding in se and some people here are deliberately trying to derail the thread and turn it into a tribal war. smh

6 Likes

Re: Anioma State And South East Zone by Ikenna0b: 6:35pm On Jul 11, 2018
clefstone:
you act/react like a woman. Argue in a more civil manner devoid of insults

Who the Bleep is this idiot?
How I argue is my concern. If I curse/insult on my post, in what way does it concern your useless self? Are you me? Did you in anyway play a factor in any aspect of my life? Do you pay my fucking bills? Hell no, so the Bleep is your problem?

Lastly you are one sexiest bastard aren't you? I highly highly highly highly doubt you have the intellect of NOI, Chiamaka, Maxine Waters, and the billions of influential women out there. For you to think you react/act more civil than a woman based solely on their sex just shows how much an underdeveloped caveman you are. Thank you for comparing me to them. Cause I rather be that than even remotely think like your sexiest, undeveloped Neanderthal mindset. Go get educated and pull your ignorance out of the neanderthal stage. We humans have evolved, why don't you join us caveman.
Re: Anioma State And South East Zone by Ikenna0b: 6:37pm On Jul 11, 2018
Fatherofdragons:
ikenna0b&aniomafirstson I understand ur plight for an anioma state but don't ever generalize and insult ndigbo east of the Niger based on two idiots here.

no tribe is perfect and there comes a time when we fight each other, but that does not give u the right to say such things because am sure u aren't any better.

u say that u guys are extending the hands of brotherhood to us but we deny u because of some few lost folks suffering from identity crisis who are in the minority? OK fine and good.

did it also occur to u that ppl that say thrash about u guys that would make u to want ur state along with onitsha in the south south region might as well be in the minority?

that means u are no different than them.

And do u know why I think igbos from the east might not back ur state,it's because, u want onitsha, which I personally think would frustrate it and u guys might push unwilling ppl into the south south which is very dangerous.

I accept I may have over reacted therefore, I apologise for it to all SE Igbos. I made my observation based on behaviors I've seen on this forum but, I should have given una a benefit of doubts as I expected you guys to give us a benefit of doubts as well. I apologize

1 Like

Re: Anioma State And South East Zone by Ikenna0b: 6:44pm On Jul 11, 2018
Bede2u:
Onitsha is anioma...but carving it into anioma state wont happen bro...Anambra folks wont allow it cos they built it...its already open for all Igbos besides anioma has asaba and oil...so u guys are good to go without onitsha ado...wat we need is those anioma territories that are yet to be included in se

That discussion is for onitsha people is it not? It's their land and only they can determine where they want to go. Anambra government haven't done much for onitsha people, stop lying. I lived in Onitsha likewise my brother currently lives there now and married into the community; one thing I learned from onitsha peeps is that Anambra government have done more for other parts of Anambra than Onitsha. Onitsha was built collectively by all Igbos, not Anambra per se

In regards to whether they'll join Anioma state, so far there's no objections from Onitsha people. The only people that seem to have a problem are other Anambraians especially those from the Nri kingdom. Only they know their reasons. Only onitsha peeps have the right to determine where they go, nobody else.
Re: Anioma State And South East Zone by OMANBALA1: 6:46pm On Jul 11, 2018
clefstone:
if states creation will not solve the problem of superiority tussle and distrust as u allude to, why agitate for it? As for Igbo tag, I do not really care about that, what is important to me is that I know where I come from and the values of my people that I must transmit on to those after me. State creation or not people will always use the false Igbo tag on us until they get to know us more deeply then they get to say, hey, these guys r different from those Igbo guys. We r used to that bro

I think the worst injustice you can do to yourself is to continue to lie and be dishonest to your sensibilities. There is no way you can ever extricate that Igbo tag. Its there for a reason, otherwise,why are Isoko and Uhrobo not called Igbo. The brutal part of it is that your Igbo is even getting strong...lol. In the next 50 years Anioma will be 100% Igbonized because agwo anaro agha imu ife tolu ogonogo.

By the way, I am not saying you are Igbo ,just telling you what is gonna happened. Its inevitable to remove that Igbo tag ,no matter how you try. Get with the program, my nigga!
Re: Anioma State And South East Zone by Fatherofdragons: 6:57pm On Jul 11, 2018
Ikenna0b:

I accept I may have over reacted therefore, I apologise for it to all SE Igbos. I made my observation based on behaviors I've seen on this forum but, I should have given una a benefit of doubts as I expected you guys to give us a benefit of doubts as well. I apologize

I understand
Re: Anioma State And South East Zone by OMANBALA1: 6:58pm On Jul 11, 2018
Ikenna0b:

That discussion is for onitsha people is it not? It's their land and only they can determine where they want to go. Anambra government haven't done much for onitsha people, stop lying. I lived in Onitsha likewise my brother currently lives there now and married into the community; one thing I learned from onitsha peeps is that Anambra government have done more for other parts of Anambra than Onitsha. Onitsha was built collectively by all Igbos, not Anambra per se

In regards to whether they'll join Anioma state, so far there's no objections from Onitsha people. The only people that seem to have a problem are other Anambraians especially those from the Nri kingdom. Only they know their reasons. Only onitsha peeps have the right to determine where they go, nobody else.

This is pure ignorance on your part to think Onicha can ever conceive the thought of joining Anioma....Delusional! This is like saying Asaba ,Igbuzor, Okpanam, Ogwashi Ukwu and every Anioma town inhabited by Anambra people should be carved into Anambra. Ojekoro ime nu!

Secondly, Onicha people dont see themselves as Anioma they just know they migrated from there. Their culture is like 90% Anambra.

However, an earlier proposal made by Obi of Onicha was for a state called Orimili including Anambra north and central. But even if Onicha was mysteriously carved into Anioma the structure of the city will still not change. You dont even have control of your own land, Asaba, where Uhrobo people have overran you ,yet you want to tangle with the aggressive eastern Igbos....Good luck with that.

2 Likes

Re: Anioma State And South East Zone by OMANBALA1: 7:11pm On Jul 11, 2018
And,trying to instigate a rift between Onicha people and their Anambra brothers will not help you. You are not from and you dont know how many positions Onicha indigens hold in Anambra. You dont know the role the Obi of Onicha is playing in the unification of Anambra and Igbo people. You are basing your gossip on what you heard in the streets. Onicha people are very diplomatic and learned, you think they are dumb ?

2 Likes

Re: Anioma State And South East Zone by clefstone(m): 8:02pm On Jul 11, 2018
Ikenna0b:

Who the Bleep is this idiot?
How I argue is my concern. If I curse/insult on my post, in what way does it concern your useless self? Are you me? Did you in anyway play a factor in any aspect of my life? Do you pay my fucking bills? Hell no, so the Bleep is your problem?

Lastly you are one sexiest bastard aren't you? I highly highly highly highly doubt you have the intellect of NOI, Chiamaka, Maxine Waters, and the billions of influential women out there. For you to think you react/act more civil than a woman based solely on their sex just shows how much an underdeveloped caveman you are. Thank you for comparing me to them. Cause I rather be that than even remotely think like your sexiest, undeveloped Neanderthal mindset. Go get educated and pull your ignorance out of the neanderthal stage. We humans have evolved, why don't you join us caveman.
ranting and cursing on d internet to prove you r smart only reveals one thing: you r a child
Re: Anioma State And South East Zone by Bede2u(m): 8:25pm On Jul 11, 2018
OMANBALA1:

This is pure ignorance on your part to think Onicha can ever conceive the thought of joining Anioma....Delusional! This is like saying Asaba ,Igbuzor, Okpanam, Ogwashi Ukwu and every Anioma town inhabited by Anambra people should be carved into Anambra. Ojekoro ime nu!

Secondly, Onicha people dont see themselves as Anioma they just know they migrated from there. Their culture is like 90% Anambra.

However, an earlier proposal made by Obi of Onicha was for a state called Orimili including Anambra north and central. But even if Onicha was mysteriously carved into Anioma the structure of the city will still not change. You dont even have control of your own land, Asaba, where Uhrobo people have overran you ,yet you want to tangle with the aggressive eastern Igbos....Good luck with that.

I repeat, in courting the Aniomas, we must be diplomatic. Is diplomacy so hard for us Igbos? Wt u wrote there cnt u say it another way?
Re: Anioma State And South East Zone by Ikenna0b: 9:05pm On Jul 11, 2018
OMANBALA1:

I have better things to do than engage in a senseless back and forth with a fool. I won't even address most of your downright ignorant stupidity.

I'll Address one thing though, I repeat wtf I said I lived in Onitsha and currently have a family still residing thus, anytime I visit Nigeria, I equally make a stop in Onitsha therefore, I've had this exact conversation more than once with the people in question. Not one single onitsha peeps I've interacted with have ever displayed any objection towards the thought of onitsha joining Anioma. Likewise, not one single influential person from onitsha have reported objections despite the Anioma state proposal have been out for years. When the times comes, they'll be the ones to make the decision of where they want to be, not the rest of Anambra. If they choose Anioma state, fine. If they choose to stay with Anambra, that's fine as well. If they choose Anioma, then they are definitely joining their kiths whether the rest of una accept it or not Anambra will not force them to stay. You can argue with your grandfather if you think otherwise.
Ancestry roots matters way way more than some man made state creation connections.
Re: Anioma State And South East Zone by ghostfacekillar(m): 9:19pm On Jul 11, 2018
Please stop all this bashing. We are here to learn. Be it anioma.be it igbo. Stop all this trash talking. Let's discuss like brothers. Am from se and we see the aniomas as brodas.. Don't know the sudden hate for each other which is caused by fools with fake monikers. Pls some comments are to be ignored. Abeg umunne m. Biko nu. Ana m ayoji unu.

3 Likes

Re: Anioma State And South East Zone by Nobody: 9:58pm On Jul 11, 2018
There is no single issues here....The fact is that anioma whether na anidelta is not igbo and won't be...

they are not igbos.....they are lost Benin tribe which for right the best for them to do this critical time is to trace their root back to benin.....

but hell no they wont.....they are looking for Igbos land to grab,,,,,but igbos not cede land to strangers or foreigners.........No....

There is no argument here.....Aniomas are not igbos and had been confirmed by prominent anioma sons on this thread.....

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (39) (Reply)

Reno Omokri Disgraces Lola Shoneyin, Wole Soyinka’s Daughter-in-law’ / Reno Omokri Defends Taliban, Mocks U.S / President Muhammadu Buhari Was Aware Of Maina's Reinstatement- Sahara Reporters

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.