Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,929 members, 7,814,145 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 07:43 AM

Anioma State And South East Zone - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Anioma State And South East Zone (39810 Views)

Why Every Non Igboid Deltan Must Key Into Anioma State / Anioma State & Southeast Comparison: Education, Standard Of Living And Economy / How insecurity worsened in S-East zone (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (39) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Anioma State And South East Zone by Ikenna0b: 11:15am On Jul 10, 2018
Juliusmalema:

we never wanted any anioma state before....neither are we ceding any territory to any body.....

Create ur anioma state and remain in SS but bear in mind that no single igboland will b ceded to u people....never...

Come and stop us. Enyi

1 Like

Re: Anioma State And South East Zone by Xander85: 11:15am On Jul 10, 2018
hammer6F:
HOW NDIIGBO ALLOWED ANIOMA TO BE ADDED TO WESTERN REGION IN THE FIRST PLACE I WILL NEVER KNOW.

NNAMDI AZIKIWE WAS NOT POLITICALLY SAVVY.

Brilliant post of the day!

Even though Anioma was already included in the Western Region before Ziks' time, i doubt he and the likes of Dennis Osadebey made any effort to exert their influence over the British colonial masters of the time to include Anioma with their kith and kin in the then Eastern Region!

This is why i say Zik was a bit too naive and his blinkered 'one Nigeria' stance didn't allow him to protect the interests of his people the way the likes of Awo and the Sadauna did for theirs!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anioma State And South East Zone by cyril10(m): 11:21am On Jul 10, 2018
Juliusmalema:
I have said more than 20 times Anioma people are not Igbos and will never.

that the name Anioma sounds igbo doesn't mean it has igbo correlation coz in terms it might mean different thing entirely.

Anioma people are not Igbos please, the Op should stop tying Igbos on their neck.

all of them are binis and no single igboman is found in delta state coz uptill today am yet to see an igbo man from delta state.

Anioma is not igbo.

If Anioma is not Igbo, then what is Anioma in Bini? my friend i am from Anioma and i can tell you for free that we all bear Igbo names.

My people fought Biafra war with the rest of the Igbos from the other side of the river.

3 Likes

Re: Anioma State And South East Zone by aniomafirstson: 11:26am On Jul 10, 2018
cyril10:

If Anioma is not Igbo, then what is Anioma in Bini? my friend i am from Anioma and i can tell you for free that we all bear Igbo names.

My people fought Biafra war with the rest of the Igbos from the other side of the river.

Guy leave these people.
We keep stretching our hands for Igbo unity but I don't think they want us.Heck we have been clamouring for anioma state since we got independence how we didn't get it is still a mystery to me.

2 Likes

Re: Anioma State And South East Zone by Nobody: 11:26am On Jul 10, 2018
cyril10:

pls don't bring war into this....

we are looking at the long age history of anioma ties with binis.
Re: Anioma State And South East Zone by ariesbull: 11:33am On Jul 10, 2018
Juliusmalema:

you can call it stupidity coz is a truth.....Anioma are not igbos oga....they are not....

what is the meaning of asagba whether na asagha of asaba......does that sound igbo to u?

u not tie ethnicity on people when they are not.......is a truth and fact...

anioma people are not igbos....QED.

Na obi of Asaba talk am .
Please read

Igbo people have developmental ideas and knowledge as can be found in their creation stories, he pointed out.

However, the Asagba of Asaba, Prof. Edozien saying all Igbo are one, itemised seven agendas which he said are essential for Igbo unity which he said for two years, Ohanaeze ndigbo could not achieve.

http://igboezue.com/node/402
Re: Anioma State And South East Zone by Xander85: 11:34am On Jul 10, 2018
hammer6F:

ARE U GOING TO FORCE ONITSHA OUT OF ANAMBRA?

DO U HAVE SENSE AT ALL?

U THINK ONITSHA WILL AGREE TO THAT?

YES ONITSHA ARE ANIOMA BECOS, THEY WERE THE ONCE THAT CROSSED OVER IN THE FIRST PLACE OR ANIOMA CROSSED OVER TO ONITSHA, WHICH EVER.

POINT IS ONITSHA HAVE CHILDREN IN OTHER PARTS OF ANAMBRA AND ARE FULLY ANAMBRIANS.

SEE THE OBI OF ONITSHA FOR EXAMPLE.

I think you're wrong on this score!

Onitsha and Asaba (Anioma) are siblings and have a cultural affinity and brotherhood that existed long before Eastern Region, East Central State, Old-Anambra and present day Anambra were created! Surely that takes precedence over any political creation!

If Anioma State is created, i'll support Onitsha becoming part of it!

Even my own town (Ndoni in Rivers State) also has cultural affinity to these places as well. Most of the older generation from my place were born, schooled and grew up in Onitsha or Asaba! smiley

3 Likes

Re: Anioma State And South East Zone by Aromi: 11:35am On Jul 10, 2018
[quote author=cyril10 post=69242205]

My people fought Biafra war with the rest of the Igbos from the other side of

Bros don't mind that guy i am from anambra and you are my nwanne the sama blood line nothing like anioma igbo or south east igbo. igbo bu igbo any where we have mmawu ogonogo in azia axies of Anambra like we have it also In Orlu axies of Imo state but many don't know that the origin of mmawu ogologo is Aboh in Delta state

2 Likes

Re: Anioma State And South East Zone by Nobody: 11:36am On Jul 10, 2018
ariesbull:

Na obi of Asaba talk am .
Please read

Igbo people have developmental ideas and knowledge as can be found in their creation stories, he pointed out.

However, the Asagba of Asaba, Prof. Edozien saying all Igbo are one, itemised seven agendas which he said are essential for Igbo unity which he said for two years, Ohanaeze ndigbo could not achieve.

http://igboezue.com/node/402

site under maintenance....more like fallacy.
Re: Anioma State And South East Zone by Nobody: 11:38am On Jul 10, 2018
Xander85:

Onitsha and Asaba (Anioma) are siblings and have a cultural affinity and brotherhood that existed long before Eastern Region, East Central State, Old-Anambra and present day Anambra were created! Surely that takes precedence over any political creation!

Even my own town (Ndoni in Rivers State) also has cultural affinity to these places as well. Most of the older generation from my place were born, schooled and grew up in Onitsha or Asaba! smiley

No wonder u attacked me the other day....that I know what am doing....

Ndoni...in Rivers state....

hmmmm
Re: Anioma State And South East Zone by aniomafirstson: 11:38am On Jul 10, 2018
Xander85:

Chukwu gozie gi
You are fr Ndoni..that says alot

2 Likes

Re: Anioma State And South East Zone by ariesbull: 11:42am On Jul 10, 2018
Juliusmalema:

site under maintenance....more like fallacy.
Anioma people are Igbo people located primarily in Delta State, Nigeria. They make up about one-third of Delta State and, for administrative purposes, are referred to as “Delta North,” thus contrasting Delta Central and Delta South, areas densely inhabited by the Urhobo, Isoko, Ndokwa, Ijaw, and Itsekiri, the other ethnic groups inhabiting Delta State. The Anioma region has a total population of 1,114,055, not including those Anioma communities located outside of Delta State

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anioma_people

1 Like

Re: Anioma State And South East Zone by ariesbull: 11:50am On Jul 10, 2018
Xander85:

I don't agree because Onitsha today is big with nkpor obosi oba etc villages so which Onitsha.. it will bring confusion...anioma is big enough to stand on their own...they shouldn't attached

Ndoni aboh oguta relate but aboh is in Delta . Oguta imo and ndoni Rivers

So that Onitsha wouldn't work and river Niger is a natural boundaries

1 Like

Re: Anioma State And South East Zone by TundeBricklayer: 11:51am On Jul 10, 2018
Juliusmalema:

Distortion of history won't help....where was it written that anioma are igbos.....and all these while history has not made it more pronounced.......

Stop spreading lies....it will confuse the future generations......coz when a teacher makes a mistake it affects generation un born.

Pursue anioma with igbanke down edo and leave SE alone...infact leave igbos alone...
You're very Sill.y for all your useless write ups, an idiot from one remote village messing up cyber space.

2 Likes

Re: Anioma State And South East Zone by Nobody: 11:59am On Jul 10, 2018
ariesbull:

So that Onitsha wouldn't work and river Niger is a natural boundaries
Tell them please.
Re: Anioma State And South East Zone by ariesbull: 12:14pm On Jul 10, 2018
Juliusmalema:

Tell them please.

You know these guys are funny...when they talk Onitsha I ask which Onitsha is it the online town , Nkpor , transekisi or what . How do Onitsha relate to anioma , we have Nri citizens there ...so which part of Onitsha are we actually taking about. The river Niger is enough boundary

Let's respect that
Re: Anioma State And South East Zone by ariesbull: 12:15pm On Jul 10, 2018
TundeBricklayer:

You're very Sill.y for all your useless write ups, an idiot from one remote village messing up cyber space.

The guy is a write off

1 Like

Re: Anioma State And South East Zone by Alkanoicacid(m): 1:07pm On Jul 10, 2018
[quote author=OneCorner post=69238916][/quote]
So You self dey enjoy this thread? If dem no mention you now you go just Sidon for one corner.
Re: Anioma State And South East Zone by clefstone(m): 1:20pm On Jul 10, 2018
OBJANDIBB:

ANIOMA is not IGBO. Anioma is an acronym N part of it is another acronym of my tribe , find out what is. Igbo means slave in my language. Find out where and you will know my village.

Nbene. (Thank you)
are u from the Ndokwa axis? Ukwuani to be precise
Re: Anioma State And South East Zone by clefstone(m): 1:41pm On Jul 10, 2018
hammer6F:
I WANT TO SEE ANY PERSON IN ANIOMA STATE, COME AND SAY AGAIN, THAT THEY ARE NOT IGBO, AFTER THE STATE IS CREATED.

U CAN IMAGINE THE NONSENSE WE HAVE TO DEAL WITH, WEN SOMEBODY CALLED OLISA SAY HE IS NOT IGBO.

IT IS VERY PAINFUL.
Bros I know it may hurt you but the truth is that the Igbo concept is more complex than you may think. When a person called Olisa from Delta state says he isn't Igbo, he knows what he is saying
Re: Anioma State And South East Zone by clefstone(m): 1:47pm On Jul 10, 2018
hammer6F:
JUST BECOS PEOPLE ARE SURROUNDED BY MINORITY TRIBE, THEY START DENYING THEIR IDENTITY.

WHO ARE U TRYING TO PLEASE?

THIS ALL STARTED AFTER THE BIAFRA WAR.

IT IS NEARLY 60 YEARS NOW AND THEIR BRAIN HAVE NOT RESET.
is there any historical evidence that the Agbor or Ukwuani man called himself Igbo before the war? Do u really think a whole group people will deny their identity because of war even when peace have been restored. Do u know the Igbo speaking delta people have more to gain politically and indeed economically if they identify as Igbo yet they deny this same identity. Think deep and understand a unique group of people in the delta
Re: Anioma State And South East Zone by gidgiddy: 1:50pm On Jul 10, 2018
Throwback:

So you can actually argue logically and objectively as this?

Everything you said above is spot on.

But when it comes to your IPOB arguments concerning Biafra, you suddenly overlook all the background requirements you have alluded to here including the constitution and the fact that the SouthEast has an existing democratic and constitutional leadership that is not IPOB and that has not demanded for anything, and that IPOB as a pressure group has not deemed necessary to influence or change.

You overlook that all the want-away regions in the world that IPOB love to reference, that also currently have such recognized constitutional and democratic leadership, use such recognized leadership as the front and advocates for the separation they are demanding, and not a nonentity boyscout group making demands without any empowerment by those they are claiming to advocate for.

When it comes to IPOB you suddenly lose our thinking cap, and insist that a road that has never existed must be created for your own demands.

This thread is about state creation which is totally different from self determination/independence.

Self determination is a legal right everybody has and which Nigeria has signed up to by adopting the United nations and African charter. So already, the constitutional provision for self determination has already been taken care of. So wether IPOB have 5 members or 5 billion members, they have the right to agitate for a separate state. Also, it is not a must that a separatist organisation must have a political party or even politically elected members before seeking independence. East Timor did not have any elected member in the Indonesian parliament before they got a referendum and left Indonesia in 2002.

Zik, Awokowo and others started agitating for the independence of Nigeria in the late 30's, they were not elected and had no political party. Today, people like you jump out every 1st october to celebrate the independence that they started.

So unless you have something else to say, everything IPOB did was legal and constitutional

1 Like

Re: Anioma State And South East Zone by clefstone(m): 1:52pm On Jul 10, 2018
Ikenna0b:

Onitsha is an Anioma territory fact!!!

Who opened this topic was it an Anioma?

You are lucky I don't insult SE Igbos.

Abeg carry your nonsense and commot for my face
you act/react like a woman. Argue in a more civil manner devoid of insults

1 Like

Re: Anioma State And South East Zone by joshjc(m): 2:10pm On Jul 10, 2018
I'm from ndokwa west and we are 100 % not Igbo's,our language,dressing way of life is different, you want to reduce the population of south south

1 Like

Re: Anioma State And South East Zone by gidgiddy: 2:10pm On Jul 10, 2018
clefstone:
is there any historical evidence that the Agbor or Ukwuani man called himself Igbo before the war? Do u really think a whole group people will deny their identity because of war even when peace have been restored. Do u know the Igbo speaking delta people have more to gain politically and indeed economically if they identify as Igbo yet they deny this same identity. Think deep and understand a unique group of people in the delta

Before the war, nobody in Nigeria was known as "Anioma", however, Ukwuani and Agbor were known as 'Ika-Igbos' as far back as 1963 when the Mid-West Region was created.
Re: Anioma State And South East Zone by Nobody: 2:16pm On Jul 10, 2018
joshjc:
I'm from ndokwa west and we are 100 % not Igbo's,our language,dressing way of life is different, you want to reduce the population of south south

another credit to my statement.....

these guys are not igbos....i have said it earlier...

Cc

aniomafirstson.
cyril10

I have been vindicated again....

1 Like

Re: Anioma State And South East Zone by Fatherofdragons: 2:19pm On Jul 10, 2018
ikenna0b&aniomafirstson I understand ur plight for an anioma state but don't ever generalize and insult ndigbo east of the Niger based on two idiots here.

no tribe is perfect and there comes a time when we fight each other, but that does not give u the right to say such things because am sure u aren't any better.

u say that u guys are extending the hands of brotherhood to us but we deny u because of some few lost folks suffering from identity crisis who are in the minority? OK fine and good.

did it also occur to u that ppl that say thrash about u guys that would make u to want ur state along with onitsha in the south south region might as well be in the minority?

that means u are no different than them.

And do u know why I think igbos from the east might not back ur state,it's because, u want onitsha, which I personally think would frustrate it and u guys might push unwilling ppl into the south south which is very dangerous.

7 Likes

Re: Anioma State And South East Zone by Obi1kenobi(m): 2:27pm On Jul 10, 2018
There should simply be a referendum on the issue among the Anioma clans. I suspect the Ika and many in the Ukwuani group will reject the Igbo association while the Enuani clans will embrace it. The only state creation agenda we should support though should be an Anioma state. The other agitations (Njaba, Adada etc) don't make any sense at all. Just chipping away at Igbo states that are already the tiniest in Nigeria. Very soon, even small local governments that you can barely locate on a map would want state status.

2 Likes

Re: Anioma State And South East Zone by NonsoWow: 2:50pm On Jul 10, 2018
Only a mentally unstable slowpoke will boldly suggest that Onitsha is part of anioma! What is even anioma? Those confused tribes in delta who have always resented being called Igbos but relunctantly accept the delta-Ibo tag are not Igbo to me. I agree with juliusmalema that most of them are not Igbos (except the aniochas and oshimili people). The others are just like the colonized fulani people of abakaliki deceiving themselves that they are Igbos. Anambra is a monolithic state with one culture and language pattern and can never be divided in the name of state creation.
Re: Anioma State And South East Zone by flyca: 2:59pm On Jul 10, 2018
Juliusmalema:

Thank you...for those attacking me....another confirmation lies here that anioma people are not igbos....

how many times do we have to echo that these guys are not igbos.
Julius, the way you talk is not good, and you need to change it. You are danm too condescending! Why?! sad

The other day, you called Ebonyians "3rd class Igbos". Today, "Aniomas are not Igbos"

First of all, you need to mind what you say to others irrespective of who. Words can heal, words can also kill.

Let's even say that Anioma's are from Sudan, and want to join the Igbos today, is anything wrong with that? You say you are an Igbo man, but you lack the core traditional values of the Igbo man, such as accomodating others and mutual respect. You lack skill, you lack tact. You just troll recklessly on people online.

Please apply caution.
Nwanna I beg you.

On my personal opinion, Anioma's are Igbos. The difference in language, food, culture and lifestyle are not too much with people from Anambra, Imo etc. I feel even up to PH and the boders of Cameroun, we could piece ourselves together and form a stronger indomitable force against these "born-to-rule" nonsense people. angry

I don't really know where Ukwu-ani is in Delta, but they speak dialects of Igbo. I met my big Ukwu-ani sisters in Benin when I went to serve and we blended like we've known for ages. I could grasp what they say and they understand my Igbo too. The younger bro's name is Ifeanyi. Lol

Our govt should also do more in uniting us all. More public awareness, more cultural exchange etc can go a long way.

Ala bu otu! Anyi bu ofu!
Ka udo na achi! Iseeeeeeee! cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Anioma State And South East Zone by gidgiddy: 3:16pm On Jul 10, 2018
It is very important for people to remember that there is no tribe in Nigeria called 'Anioma.

Anioma is simply an idea that was created in the 70's to represent the Igbo speaking people of old Bendel state and their aspiration to have their own state. A state they wanted to be called Anioma.

Anioma is an area, it is not a tribe

7 Likes

Re: Anioma State And South East Zone by Bede2u(m): 3:23pm On Jul 10, 2018
Ikenna0b:

Who told you the fight for Anioma state excluded Igbanke. Anioma state means all Anioma territoriesy including ones in SE and yes, that includes Onitsha.

How's talking about it on this forum going to change anything? When it matters SE have repeatedly fell our hands on your lack of support but yet, you people continuously discussing about it on social media for years now. How is talking about it on social media going to change anything? I wish you guys actually start showing that same social media support in real life. Until we start seeing that, all of this is just redundant.
A lot has changed bro. The many Igbos I have met now want the unity of Igboland.

Anioma is very possible now more than any other state. All the noise fo adada and etiti states are just minority interests. Many enugu folks like me dont want the creation of adada state... as for etiti state..that one no get traction at all

Most igbos offline would support Anioma state for se...u can see so urself

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (39) (Reply)

Emily Eric, Senator Elisha Abbo Wife: I Stand With You Babana / Thursday Approved As Additional Public Holiday / How Buhari Traded NNPC GMD Position for Campaign Funding - Nigeriantimes.ng

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.