Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,943 members, 7,814,192 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 08:50 AM

Anioma State And South East Zone - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Anioma State And South East Zone (39813 Views)

Why Every Non Igboid Deltan Must Key Into Anioma State / Anioma State & Southeast Comparison: Education, Standard Of Living And Economy / How insecurity worsened in S-East zone (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (39) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Anioma State And South East Zone by ariesbull: 10:03pm On Jul 11, 2018
Ikenna0b:

That discussion is for onitsha people is it not? It's their land and only they can determine where they want to go. Anambra government haven't done much for onitsha people, stop lying. I lived in Onitsha likewise my brother currently lives there now and married into the community; one thing I learned from onitsha peeps is that Anambra government have done more for other parts of Anambra than Onitsha. Onitsha was built collectively by all Igbos, not Anambra per se

In regards to whether they'll join Anioma state, so far there's no objections from Onitsha people. The only people that seem to have a problem are other Anambraians especially those from the Nri kingdom. Only they know their reasons. Only onitsha peeps have the right to determine where they go, nobody else.

I am from.onitsha ...so when you say Onitsha in your anioma which part of I may ask, is it nkisi, or nkpor that is not onitisha, is it Oba , is it iweka do you know that the old tiny Onitsha ends at inland town...so which Onitsha are you talking ...just like old Lagos is only in island but today Lagos is big

If I may ask again...which part of Onitsha are we looking at in your phantom anioma tribe or state...we are talking regional cohesion and you are talking fragmentation...to be honest...in the next 30yrs there wouldn't be anioma state in Nigeria unless on new Biafra

Wake up

2 Likes

Re: Anioma State And South East Zone by ariesbull: 10:04pm On Jul 11, 2018
Juliusmalema:
There is no single issues here....The fact is that anioma whether na anidelta is not igbo and won't be...

they are not igbos.....they are lost Benin tribe which for right the best for them to do this critical time is to trace their root back to benin.....

but hell no they wont.....they are looking for Igbos land to grab,,,,,but igbos not cede land to strangers or foreigners.........No....

There is no argument here.....Aniomas are not igbos and had been confirmed by prominent anioma sons on this thread.....

Shut up

2 Likes

Re: Anioma State And South East Zone by selemempe: 10:05pm On Jul 11, 2018
ghostfacekillar:
Please stop all this bashing. We are here to learn. Be it anioma.be it igbo. Stop all this trash talking. Let's discuss like brothers. Am from se and we see the aniomas as brodas.. Don't know the sudden hate for each other which is caused by fools with fake monikers. Pls some comments are to be ignored. Abeg umunne m. Biko nu. Ana m ayoji unu.
Am the one who created this thread...i just dey look at our people's naivety. The monicas ariesbull and OMANBALA1 has really dissapointed me in this thread. I believe they are igbo. How they allowed impostors like juliusmalema trick them into turning the thread to a tribal bashing thread is sad.

I created the thread not to tag all Anioma people as Igbo but to point out that they might be just the extra state the south east needs now. But ppl turned it into another thing. The Anioma being igbo or not has little bearing in them being a south east state. Those of them who self-identify as igbo would reap all the benefits of being igbo if they are in se...while those who dont identify as igbo will still take pride in the fact that they are now an independent state...something which they have clamoured since the 1950s.

The idea of onitsha being part of a proposed Anioma state is not true. The proposed Anioma state is majorly being carved out of delta state and edo state. There is no proposition i have seen where onitsha was proposed as part of anioma state. That Ikenna0b said it doesnt make it so. But ariesbull turned it into a war. I say that he needs to tone it down. Diplomacy is key here like bede2u said. And that is wat we lack.

We Igbos from se will benefit from the fact that Aniomaland will open up for us for investment and settlement...a win-win situation. And if biafra is being agitated, at least we know that Anioma is already with us. In that way we wont need to tag the whole delta state as biafra..even when they say they are not

2 Likes

Re: Anioma State And South East Zone by ariesbull: 10:09pm On Jul 11, 2018
selemempe:
Am the one who created this thread...i just dey look at our people's naivety. The monicas ariesbull and OMANBALA1 has really dissapointed me in this thread. I believe they are igbo. How they allowed impostors like juliusmalema trick them into turning the thread to a tribal bashing thread is sad.

I created the thread not to tag all Anioma people as Igbo but to point out that they might be just the extra state the south east needs now. But ppl turned it into another thing. The Anioma being igbo or not has little bearing in them being a south east state. Those of them who self-identify as igbo would reap all the benefits of being igbo if they are in se...while those who dont identify as igbo will still take pride in the fact that they are now an independent state...something which they have clamoured since the 1950s.

We Igbos from se will benefit from the fact that Aniomaland will open up for us for investment and settlement...a win-win situation. And if biafra is being agitated, at least we know that Anioma is already with us. In that way we wont need to tag the whole delta state as biafra..even when they say they are not

Nna iwe ewe ne gi

Nwanne madu

4 Likes

Re: Anioma State And South East Zone by horsepower101: 10:14pm On Jul 11, 2018
NDIGBO PLEASE LET THIS THREAD DIE!!!!. IT IS USELESS AND THE LAST THING WE NEED NOW.

WE ARE ALL BROTHERS NO MATTER WHAT PART OF IGBOLAND WE ARE FROM.

ANYI BU UMUNNE NA UMUNNA

PLEASE CHANNEL YOUR ENERGY TO PROGESSIVE IDEAS FOR THE WHOLE OF IGBOLAND HERE;

https://www.nairaland.com/4463989/pan-igbo-political-economic-forum

2 Likes

Re: Anioma State And South East Zone by selemempe: 10:32pm On Jul 11, 2018
horsepower101:
NDIGBO PLEASE LET THIS THREAD DIE!!!!. IT IS USELESS AND THE LAST THING WE NEED NOW.

WE ARE ALL BROTHERS NO MATTER WHAT PART OF IGBOLAND WE ARE FROM.

ANYI BU UMUNNE NA UMUNNA

PLEASE CHANNEL YOUR ENERGY TO PROGESSIVE IDEAS FOR THE WHOLE OF IGBOLAND HERE;

https://www.nairaland.com/4463989/pan-igbo-political-economic-forum

creating Anioma state and adding it to south east zone is not the last thing we need. The other zones have 6 states each. NW even has 7 states. Only se has 5. That means other zones have at least 18 senators while se only has 15. We need more senators to be able to positively influence issues in Nass.

That some few people turned it into a bashing thread shows their own immaturity. It doesnt mean that the topic is useless. Se needs more land. If the geoploitical zones are recognised eventually in constitution, that is when u will see that we would be the weakest geopolitical zone. Currently the se is not even as big as niger state alone

I insist the topic should be given a voice until it reaches the ears of igbo leaders
Re: Anioma State And South East Zone by ghostfacekillar(m): 10:38pm On Jul 11, 2018
selemempe:

The idea of onitsha being part of a proposed Anioma state is not true. The proposed Anioma state is majorly being carved out of delta state and edo state. There is no proposition i have seen where onitsha was proposed as part of anioma state. That Ikenna0b said it doesnt make it so. But ariesbull turned it into a war. I say that he needs to tone it down. Diplomacy is key here like bede2u said. And that is wat we lack.

bro don't mind them. Keep on with what you are doing.

2 Likes

Re: Anioma State And South East Zone by ghostfacekillar(m): 10:50pm On Jul 11, 2018
Guys what about those igbos in middle birth. I heard they are a little bit large. And for so long they ave been begging the government to carve them into enugu or to their Kins in ebonyi state
Re: Anioma State And South East Zone by ghostfacekillar(m): 10:54pm On Jul 11, 2018
ariesbull:

I am from.onitsha ...so when you say Onitsha in your anioma which part of I may ask, is it nkisi, or nkpor that is not onitisha, is it Oba , is it iweka do you know that the old tiny Onitsha ends at inland town...so which Onitsha are you talking ...just like old Lagos is only in island but today Lagos is big

If I may ask again...which part of Onitsha are we looking at in your phantom anioma tribe or state...we are talking regional cohesion and you are talking fragmentation...to be honest...in the next 30yrs there wouldn't be anioma state in Nigeria unless on new Biafra

Wake up
they don't understand. Ask a man in awada where he is. He will tell you am in onitsha but awada ain't onitsha but obosi kingdom. The airport that they are trying to build in oba. Guess the name? Onitsha/oba airport. We now ave onitsha and what we call metropolis. Environs.

2 Likes

Re: Anioma State And South East Zone by horsepower101: 3:50am On Jul 12, 2018
selemempe:
creating Anioma state and adding it to south east zone is not the last thing we need. The other zones have 6 states each. NW even has 7 states. Only se has 5. That means other zones have at least 18 senators while se only has 15. We need more senators to be able to positively influence issues in Nass.

That some few people turned it into a bashing thread shows their own immaturity. It doesnt mean that the topic is useless. Se needs more land. If the geoploitical zones are recognised eventually in constitution, that is when u will see that we would be the weakest geopolitical zone. Currently the se is not even as big as niger state alone

I insist the topic should be given a voice until it reaches the ears of igbo leaders

I agree with you but this topic would have been better raised in the Pan igbo thread where more serious minds stay and contribute. Throwing it openly here in the general nairaland political section attracts unwanted attention.

1 Like

Re: Anioma State And South East Zone by Banmeallday: 5:00am On Jul 12, 2018
What a shame on confused people that in 2018 still cant decide if they are Igbo/Biafran or not.

The entire ZOO and AFrica see Delta folks in Anioma as Igbo, except Anioma people and some Igbo people.

Meanwhile, Oduduwa nation is strategizing for 2019, Arewa has been strategizing for 2019 since democracy supposedly returned in 1999, yet the East/Midwest are bickering about ANioma, to go for Biafra or not, to go for restructuring or not, all the while wearing ISI Agu the more...

Are we orphans or what?

SHAME
Re: Anioma State And South East Zone by OMANBALA1: 5:15am On Jul 12, 2018
Bede2u:
I repeat, in courting the Aniomas, we must be diplomatic. Is diplomacy so hard for us Igbos? Wt u wrote there cnt u say it another way?

No, we must be polite , wise and business minded. I don't like to sugarcoat because it breeds confusion. I will not let an outsider come into Anambra and try to chop us into little pieces. Its reeks of jealousy and greed because Onicha is not the only town in Anambra with Anioma migrants. We also have Anambra migrants in Anioma but we are not trying to carve Enuani into Anambra, we are contented in what we have.

3 Likes

Re: Anioma State And South East Zone by OMANBALA1: 5:37am On Jul 12, 2018
Ikenna0b:

I have better things to do than engage in a senseless back and forth with a fool. I won't even address most of your downright ignorant stupidity.

I'll Address one thing though, I repeat wtf I said I lived in Onitsha and currently have a family still residing thus, anytime I visit Nigeria, I equally make a stop in Onitsha therefore, I've had this exact conversation more than once with the people in question. Not one single onitsha peeps I've interacted with have ever displayed any objection towards the thought of onitsha joining Anioma. Likewise, not one single influential person from onitsha have reported objections despite the Anioma state proposal have been out for years. When the times comes, they'll be the ones to make the decision of where they want to be, not the rest of Anambra. If they choose Anioma state, fine. If they choose to stay with Anambra, that's fine as well. If they choose Anioma, then they are definitely joining their kiths whether the rest of una accept it or not Anambra will not force them to stay. You can argue with your grandfather if you think otherwise.
Ancestry roots matters way way more than some man made state creation connections.

Well, go and face the "better things" you have to do instead to stay here and rap nonsense. Your family lives in Onicha but I am a full blood Idenmili guy. Who knows the average Onicha man more than the Idenmili people. We surround them and have lived with them for centuries and even have Anioma people among us.

The only people dreaming of an inclusion of Onicha into an imaginary Anioma state are the Anioma themselves...lol. No where in record do we have a proposal of such initiated by Onicha man. Obi of Onicha doesn't even move with Anioma people just like Dein of Agbor doesn't move with Anambra people.

I know what attracts you people to Ndi Onicha not forgetting you also have Onicha people in your Anioma but rarely talk about them, while you are obsesses with Onicha mmili. These people crossed the river while escaping from persecution and settled in a land where God has blessed them and now you want to grab land. Ana ebu ani ebu??

3 Likes

Re: Anioma State And South East Zone by selemempe: 5:48am On Jul 12, 2018
horsepower101:

I agree with you but this topic would have been better raised in the Pan igbo thread where more serious minds stay and contribute. Throwing it openly here in the general nairaland political section attracts unwanted attention.
ok...u can copy it and paste it there...i will contribute to it there...if u paste it
Re: Anioma State And South East Zone by ariesbull: 7:04am On Jul 12, 2018
OMANBALA1:

Well, go and face the "better things" you have to do instead to stay here and rap nonsense. Your family lives in Onicha but I am a full blood Idenmili guy. Who knows the average Onicha man more than the Idenmili people. We surround them and have lived with them for centuries and even have Anioma people among us.

The only people dreaming of an inclusion of Onicha into an imaginary Anioma state are the Anioma themselves...lol. No where in record do we have a proposal of such initiated by Onicha man. Obi of Onicha doesn't even move with Anioma people just like Dein of Agbor doesn't move with Anambra people.

I know what attracts you people to Ndi Onicha not forgetting you also have Onicha people in your Anioma but rarely talk about them, while you are obsesses with Onicha mmili. These people crossed the river while escaping from persecution and settled in a land where God has blessed them and now you want to grab land. Ana ebu ani ebu??

Ask them which part of Onitsha do they even want.... Or do you think that Onitsha would leave a working state for something...nobody changes the winning team ! Or do they think Onitsha would leave a robust and better economy for some anioma folks....or do you think that obi of Onitsha would want to be in the same state with Kings in anioma like that boy dein of Agbor that doesn't know his left from right ....or do they think that the Nri people of inland town of Onitsha would join the anioma in their confusion

Anambra is a working state and nobody leaves a working formula for a confused lots....in anioma state their would be so much confusion between Ika , Enuani and ukwuani
Take this to the bank

Biko juo ya....idee nna , which part of Onitsha again are we looking at ....is it nkpor , nkisi, Oba ( which is today part of Onitsha ) or where

Why are these anioma folks confused....so the whole land from Agbor to asaba no do them.....they want to cross the river... Well , I trust my Onitsha and Anambra folks

3 Likes

Re: Anioma State And South East Zone by ariesbull: 7:06am On Jul 12, 2018
OMANBALA1:

No, we must be polite , wise and business minded. I don't like to sugarcoat because it breeds confusion. I will not let an outsider come into Anambra and try to chop us into little pieces. Its reeks of jealousy and greed because Onicha is not the only town in Anambra with Anioma migrants. We also have Anambra migrants in Anioma but we are not trying to carve Enuani into Anambra, we are contented in what we have.

Why don't Anambra people of ozubulu take ubuku uku in Delta

Why are these anioma folks lazy

Why don't awka people take obiaruku

These anioma should go and develop their state ...very confused lots ...they claim Benin today, they claim.onitsja tomorrow next week they claim oguta

2 Likes

Re: Anioma State And South East Zone by ariesbull: 7:09am On Jul 12, 2018
ghostfacekillar:
they don't understand. Ask a man in awada where he is. He will tell you am in onitsha but awada ain't onitsha but obosi kingdom. The airport that they are trying to build in oba. Guess the name? Onitsha/oba airport. We now ave onitsha and what we call metropolis. Environs.
I tire for these anioma folks....well it's just wishful thinking...they forget that Anambra is more than a state today they are a brand and the average Anambra man has worked hard for that brand and it's doing well and you think some people want to leave it...some people even want to join Anambra by association or by marriage

1 Like

Re: Anioma State And South East Zone by ghostfacekillar(m): 7:52am On Jul 12, 2018
Please. Let's stop the bashing. Let's do it mutually
Re: Anioma State And South East Zone by ghostfacekillar(m): 7:59am On Jul 12, 2018
ariesbull:

These anioma should go and develop their state ...very confused lots ...they claim Benin today, they claim.onitsja tomorrow next week they claim oguta

Ndi nzuzu
aries please edit this ur comment.

1 Like

Re: Anioma State And South East Zone by ariesbull: 8:10am On Jul 12, 2018
Oj
Re: Anioma State And South East Zone by ariesbull: 8:11am On Jul 12, 2018
ghostfacekillar:
aries please edit this ur comment. It can cause quarrel. They are not nzuzu people
ok
Re: Anioma State And South East Zone by Ikenna0b: 8:24am On Jul 12, 2018
ariesbull:

Wake up

Oh yes the "I'm from onitsha" person who wrote that onitsha has nri ancestry. Yeah I so believe you're from onitsha. Infact I'm curious, where in Onitsha are you from? Please be 200% direct and exactly where in Onitsha do they claim Nri ancestry.

The reason I ask is because I'm taking this entire fucking conversation DIRECTLY to the people in question aka actually REAL verifiable onitsha people to get their opinions on this matter. I just made a request to join the onitsha group on Facebook. The second I'm approved, your argument of onitsha and Nri ancestry is going up there to get their opinions on the matter.

As for which part of onitsha is going to be part of Anioma state. The entire fucking onitsha is. And I'm done even arguing with non onitshas about onitsha opinion regarding Anioma state. I'm friends with an onitsha girl on Facebook. I've messenged her regarding this specific topic, in addition to the so called "Nri ancestry" of onitsha people you mentioned. The second that girl replies me back, I'm posting her reply on here. And best believe she's not going to be the only onitsha person I'll be posting their opinion on this matter

I'm done arguing with you underdeveloped miscreants who stupidly thinks sharing a fucking state with some people automatically makes una their fucking voices or you are them. Why argue with you when the people in question will do the arguing for me.

And please, I'm on my fucking knees begging you to please "onitsha person on NL who reported that onitsha reports Nri ancestry" where in Onitsha are you from and where in Onitsha do they claim Nri/Eri ancestry? I would like to start the conversation regarding this specific topic with them as soon as possible. Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Anioma State And South East Zone by Ziggylady(f): 8:40am On Jul 12, 2018
ariesbull:

I am from Anambra State..Njikoka LGA and i must tell you nwanne that this post of yours is not necessary...biko kachapia...Anyi adiekwu udili okwua ebea.
Re: Anioma State And South East Zone by Ikenna0b: 8:55am On Jul 12, 2018
OMANBALA1:

I can clearly see why Anambra are called delusional and ethnocentric by other SE Igbos. There is something truly severally wrong with you lots from Anambra state. Really there is something extremely wrong with you lots. It's not just Chino. You all are exactly like him. Only you lots argue and Insults all other SE Igbos and now Anioma. You people are truly very fucking disgusting! Every thing negative that comes from SE Igbos seems to originate from you lots

Mr.idemili, you probably should join arisebull in his onitsha claiming. It would go farther than " we idemili knows onitsha people." And like I told your wannabe onitsha on NL brethren, I will not be the one doing this fighting anymore. I am gEtting onitsha people, actually real onitsha people, not claimers on this annoymous forum to do the speaking for me.

Give me few hours, just few hours. Let's see if you pigs actually know onitsha peeps like you claim you do.

1 Like

Re: Anioma State And South East Zone by ariesbull: 9:38am On Jul 12, 2018
Ikenna0b:

I can clearly see why Anambra are called delusional and ethnocentric by other SE Igbos. There is something truly severally wrong with you lots from Anambra state. Really there is something extremely wrong with you lots. It's not just Chino. You all are exactly like him. Only you lots argue and Insults all other SE Igbos and now Anioma. You people are truly very fucking disgusting! Every thing negative that comes from SE Igbos seems to originate from you lots

Mr.idemili, you probably should join arisebull in his onitsha claiming. It would go farther than " we idemili knows onitsha people." And like I told your wannabe onitsha on NL brethren, I will not be the one doing this fighting anymore. I am gEtting onitsha people, actually real onitsha people, not claimers on this annoymous forum to do the speaking for me.

Give me few hours, just few hours. Let's see if you pigs actually know onitsha peeps like you claim you do.

Which part of the Onitsha are we looking at or which set of the Onitsha ...one thing is that we Anambra ...oh come and claim , cross over to river Niger and claim

Ndi land grabbers ...bia welu ..wegbuo onwegi ...no go look for the state...oh una no be Benin again

Ndi apari

2 Likes

Re: Anioma State And South East Zone by ariesbull: 9:42am On Jul 12, 2018
Ziggylady:

I am from Anambra State..Njikoka LGA and i must tell you nwanne that this post of yours is not necessary...biko kachapia...Anyi adiekwu udili okwua ebea.

For what...why must I ? Because of those that are confused of they are Igbo or not...

Today they claim Benin
Tomorrow they claim Igala
Next tomorrow they claim something else....well the post stays nwanne

Ka anyi gwa onwe anyi eziokwu....ifele adiro eme faa.? Mgbe obuna fa na emeboo ndi Igbo

Fa si na fa aburo Igbo ...rapu faa

Faa ewetekwana confusion faa na otu
Re: Anioma State And South East Zone by Fatherofdragons: 9:52am On Jul 12, 2018
Ikenna0b:

In case u don't know insulting ndi Anambra based on one or two persons here is crazy, I think u have also forgotten that onitsha is part of Anambra, so u are indirectly insulting them.

Dem never give u state u don dey divide and conquer. okay
Re: Anioma State And South East Zone by ariesbull: 10:31am On Jul 12, 2018
Ikenna0b:

Oh yes the "I'm from onitsha" person who wrote that onitsha has nri ancestry. Yeah I so believe you're from onitsha. Infact I'm curious, where in Onitsha are you from? Please be 200% direct and exactly where in Onitsha do they claim Nri ancestry.

The reason I ask is because I'm taking this entire fucking conversation DIRECTLY to the people in question aka actually REAL verifiable onitsha people to get their opinions on this matter. I just made a request to join the onitsha group on Facebook. The second I'm approved, your argument of onitsha and Nri ancestry is going up there to get their opinions on the matter.

As for which part of onitsha is going to be part of Anioma state. The entire fucking onitsha is. And I'm done even arguing with non onitshas about onitsha opinion regarding Anioma state. I'm friends with an onitsha girl on Facebook. I've messenged her regarding this specific topic, in addition to the so called "Nri ancestry" of onitsha people you mentioned. The second that girl replies me back, I'm posting her reply on here. And best believe she's not going to be the only onitsha person I'll be posting their opinion on this matter

I'm done arguing with you underdeveloped miscreants who stupidly thinks sharing a fucking state with some people automatically makes una their fucking voices or you are them. Why argue with you when the people in question will do the arguing for me.

And please, I'm on my fucking knees begging you to please "onitsha person on NL who reported that onitsha reports Nri ancestry" where in Onitsha are you from and where in Onitsha do they claim Nri/Eri ancestry? I would like to start the conversation regarding this specific topic with them as soon as possible. Thanks.

The way you are talking somebody would assume you know anything but unfortunately you don't know ....

Can you ask anybody where is Ụmụnri Onitsha (Anambra State) then come back for decent discussion....most anioma don't even know that they are pure Igbo but they have made themselves a laughing stock

Please do know that ogboli clans in Onitsha and any part of Igbo land are Nri

In Onitsha the Ogbolieke Clan has Nri connection also from the daughter of Nri known as Ogboli...so when some of you guys come around here and parrot bullshït we look at you and laugh at your ignorance ...if you don't know , pls ask

Stop making a heat of yourself and stop claiming us....claim Benin
Re: Anioma State And South East Zone by Lajet: 10:47am On Jul 12, 2018
[quote author=ariesbull post=69298747]

Why should you insult all Anioma people because of you are having argument with one person from there. I wonder what you people gain to see brothers Quarreling always.The same thing OMANBALA1 and that Chino always do. We all know that Onitsha can never join Anioma if they create Anioma state. Onitsha was developed by all Igbos including people from Anioma i know many Anioma people doing business in Onitsha

and they have a lot properties there too. most of the villages in Aniocha and Oshimili was founded by people from Anambra state and i have never see any traditional rulers from those area denying not to be Igbo. So it's unfair to say people from Aniocha and Oshimili are confused their is no time people from there have ever claimed to be from benin origin. We should learn to stop causing confusion many people have started believing that people from Anambra are rude and arrogant because of some people like Chino and OMANBALA1 majority of us are not in support of what they are doing. Igbo bu Igbo we should not allow because of artificial state to cause problem between brothers.

3 Likes

Re: Anioma State And South East Zone by Nobody: 11:19am On Jul 12, 2018
Ikenna0b:

I accept I may have over reacted therefore, I apologise for it to all SE Igbos. I made my observation based on behaviors I've seen on this forum but, I should have given una a benefit of doubts as I expected you guys to give us a benefit of doubts as well. I apologize
Ikechukwu, how are you doing brother? I really love the passion you’re putting up for the creation of Anioma state. And I want to believe that it will become fruitful one day.
The SE wants a 6th state to bring it at par with other zones and considering the request for new states as Njaba, Aba, Adada, Anioma and Orashi, it’s obvious that Anioma comes first in viability followed by Njaba state. But there are lots of baggages and ant-infested issues that may rear it’s ugly head if an Anioma state is created for the SE.
Before a state is created there must be unity of purpose among all stakeholders involved. The SE has made it clear that they will only be in support of an Anioma state only if it’s added to their zone. The advantages of having an homogeneous people in a zone is not far-fetched. First, in terms of representation in the legislature we will have more senators, more house of rep members and a strong bargaining chip when burning issues concerning us are been deliberated. Second, in terms of revenue allocation and federal presence in a zone, the south-east is been cheated. If we have a sixth state, an added budgeting and added infrastructural financing will be considered for us. Third, in terms of job allocation and the federal character principle we are also been cheated. If we have an additional state, we will have more south easterners in the top military, judiciary, ambassadorial, ministerial and other government parastatals.
Now, agitating for a state is one thing, but consolidating the quest for the creation is another. It’s no longer a new thing that most people in Ika and Ukwuani section of Anioma are vehemently against association with Ndigbo. The identity crisis in these areas are so so scary that it may truncate the creation of an Anioma state to be joined with the South-East. These folks will rather cede their new state to the south-south than join it with the south-east. Unless there is a gentleman agreement that such won’t happen. This is one of the major fears many south-eastern leaders and legislators have and a good reason why they aren’t fully committed to the creation of a new Anioma state for the south-south, when we should be balancing the gap with other zones. We can’t say we are creating an Anioma state and when it’s finally created we start having discordant tunes amongst our so-called brothers in the legislature and issues of identity crisis start rearing it’s ugly head again, or some folks come out boldly to say that Anioma as a state should remain in the south-south. The south-east know those who are with us and those against us. We know our enuani brothers and our brothers know us too, we’ve taken note of that as well. And we won’t even mind joining you folks with ndionitsha, ogbaru, ndoni, ozubulu, oguta and riverine parts of Anambra, Imo and Rivers for the creation of orimili state or something for that matter. Mind you, Orimili state is the option Obi of Onitsha is agitating for, maybe in his own wisdom he has observed certain things we may not know. But this option may become a 7th state option along with Orashi state for Rivers Igbos inorder to carve them into the south-east. But for now, the south-east leaders may decide to take a safer route with the creation of an Njaba or Aba state with less rancour before we lose all in the name of identity crisis. However, it’s my hope that these issues are settled amicably so that Anioma state can be created for the general benefit of our people.
Re: Anioma State And South East Zone by ariesbull: 11:19am On Jul 12, 2018
[quote author=Lajet post=69305000][/quote]Enuani are not confused the confused ones are from Ika zones and they are giving the other Igbo on Delta bad names
Re: Anioma State And South East Zone by Nobody: 11:47am On Jul 12, 2018
Is now clearly on note that the lost Benin tribe of delta state are now looking for land to grab across the niger.....i have heard it all.....

why can't these guys channel their energy up to benin....why are they he'll bent on taking Igboland and converting to minority....

Ada ebu ani ebu..........

we can never be in support of any anioma state....never...but if they need support they should face upfront to benin and kogi......not anambra.......

All I know is that they have been finally pigeonholed as not igbos.....

these are not igbos.....igbos don't tread on confusion....u guys are confused.......u are not igbos and u can't transfer ur confusion to us.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (39) (Reply)

Buhari Meets Boris Johnson, Insists On Respecting Nation’s Maximum Term Limit / Witnesses Absent As INEC Defence Of Tinubu’s Victory Starts On Shaky Note / Obasanjo And The Copenhegan Foundation Visit Aso Rock (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 111
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.