Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,045 members, 7,814,586 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 03:38 PM

"40-year-old Woman Poisons Herself Due To Parental Pressure To Marry" - Lady - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / "40-year-old Woman Poisons Herself Due To Parental Pressure To Marry" - Lady (35322 Views)

I’m In Love With Two Men, Don’t Know Which One To Marry – Lady Cries Out / Lady Poisons Herself & Her Ex-Boyfriend To Death A Week To His Wedding In Imo / Man Set To Marry Lady He Met On Instagram (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "40-year-old Woman Poisons Herself Due To Parental Pressure To Marry" - Lady by wayne4loan: 10:12am On Jul 12, 2018
Iranu angry
Re: "40-year-old Woman Poisons Herself Due To Parental Pressure To Marry" - Lady by Stamfordluiz(m): 10:13am On Jul 12, 2018
Quality20:
even at 50 a lady can still get married n enjoy. all d benefits of marriage
And you call a woman of fifty years a lady

1 Like

Re: "40-year-old Woman Poisons Herself Due To Parental Pressure To Marry" - Lady by Sijo01(f): 10:14am On Jul 12, 2018
dalaman:

False. [b]A lady at 50 can't have children [/b]something that is an integral part of marriage.

Says who? you trying to tell me you've not seen women on the news who were 50 and above gave birth?

1 Like

Re: "40-year-old Woman Poisons Herself Due To Parental Pressure To Marry" - Lady by blazesam(m): 10:14am On Jul 12, 2018
WHO SHE EPP
Re: "40-year-old Woman Poisons Herself Due To Parental Pressure To Marry" - Lady by Stamfordluiz(m): 10:14am On Jul 12, 2018
I knew she must have made some expensive choice when she had the chance to get married

1 Like

Re: "40-year-old Woman Poisons Herself Due To Parental Pressure To Marry" - Lady by dalaman: 10:16am On Jul 12, 2018
oglalasioux:

We are in 2018 not 1818. Women even older than 50 can have children. Though I'm not in support of anyone having children in that scam called marriage.

Whether in 2050 0r 2100. Women at 50 can not have children naturally. Majority of women attain menopause at 50-52 years.

2 Likes

Re: "40-year-old Woman Poisons Herself Due To Parental Pressure To Marry" - Lady by Stamfordluiz(m): 10:16am On Jul 12, 2018
Sijo01:

Says who? you trying to tell me you've not seen women on the news who were 50 and above gave birth?
Am sure you won't like to make such choice or you didn't make such choice
Re: "40-year-old Woman Poisons Herself Due To Parental Pressure To Marry" - Lady by SAMBARRY: 10:18am On Jul 12, 2018
SMH. We need a lot of repriotization in this part of the world

When marriage is a standard of measuring a woman's success and achievement even if the family knows she's beaten like an animal

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "40-year-old Woman Poisons Herself Due To Parental Pressure To Marry" - Lady by dalaman: 10:19am On Jul 12, 2018
Sijo01:

It is so uncommon that it makes news. It is just like a man falling from the 12th floor of a building and surviving. It will definitely be a news item because it is considered as a miracle. Getting pregnant naturally and giving birth at 50 to a normal baby is a miracle.

2 Likes

Re: "40-year-old Woman Poisons Herself Due To Parental Pressure To Marry" - Lady by Sijo01(f): 10:19am On Jul 12, 2018
Stamfordluiz:
Am sure you won't like to make such choice or you didn't make such choice

You think it was her choice to be single at 40

1 Like

Re: "40-year-old Woman Poisons Herself Due To Parental Pressure To Marry" - Lady by Nobody: 10:20am On Jul 12, 2018
Simplep:
Some parents sha
Am jst 23 nd mum is already hinting on marriage
Me dat still want to enjoy my singlehood till am 28
Who marriage help?
Oti o! Don't let your mama hear that o! She go just call village elders meeting on top your head.
Re: "40-year-old Woman Poisons Herself Due To Parental Pressure To Marry" - Lady by oglalasioux(m): 10:20am On Jul 12, 2018
dalaman:

Whether in 2050 0r 2100. Women at 50 can not have children naturally. Majority of women attain menopause at 50-52 years.

What do they have, robots or mannequins?

3 Likes

Re: "40-year-old Woman Poisons Herself Due To Parental Pressure To Marry" - Lady by omojesu202(m): 10:21am On Jul 12, 2018
Quality20:

are u kidney me
Re: "40-year-old Woman Poisons Herself Due To Parental Pressure To Marry" - Lady by MrBrownJay1(m): 10:22am On Jul 12, 2018
Stamfordluiz:
can you advise your beloved brother to marry a woman of 40 years ?

dalaman:
False. A lady at 50 can't have children something that is an integral part of marriage.

the reason some women (and also men) commit suicide is because of narrow minded people like the above. to them, a woman above 40 is useless to marry, and marriage is solely about having children (and certainly not about wanting to spend the rest of your natural life with someone). then we wonder why an educated woman would commit suicide?! THEY are the reason why, THEY should be blamed, and funny because these are the same people who would be against abortion but then reject adopting a child!

these people, along with rubbish religion, failed governance and deluded society, are the reason Nigeria is going backward

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: "40-year-old Woman Poisons Herself Due To Parental Pressure To Marry" - Lady by franchasng: 10:23am On Jul 12, 2018
ehinmowo:
D pressure on d female folks concerning conjugal matters are nerve wrecking. It is further compounded by bad economy (most guys are not financially ready for commitment and most girls dnt hv d time to wait in hope).

If I was a female, I wud hv probably exploded by now...cnt imagine adding marriage pressure to all these issues in my mind.

Finally, I think ladies should begin to stay alone like guys do. Dt cud reduce parental pressure.
Yeah, its not easy for ladies....couple with the menopause issue....its not just about parental pressure alone...even if their parents don't pressure them, society pressures them....seeing their friends and mates back then in school sharing lovely pictures with their husbands and kids is enough to pressure them.

It is not easy to be a woman be it in America, Europe, Asia or Africa...the pressure is almost the same, the only difference is that the economy of other nations are okay so single ladies can still fend for themselves and live a happy life materially, but still traumatized emotionally for being single, reason most white ladies fall for Yahoo Yahoo boys and their internet romance scam.

Seriously, we need to help the ladies become happy in any way we can cos its not easy for them at all, God will strengthen you ladies cry

4 Likes

Re: "40-year-old Woman Poisons Herself Due To Parental Pressure To Marry" - Lady by dalaman: 10:24am On Jul 12, 2018
oglalasioux:

What do they have, robots or mannequins?

She will need to get pregnant through artificial insemination(IVF). Even at that the success rate is less than 10%.

The chances of getting pregnant naturally and giving birth to a healthy baby at 50 is less than 5%.

1 Like

Re: "40-year-old Woman Poisons Herself Due To Parental Pressure To Marry" - Lady by Yankee101: 10:26am On Jul 12, 2018
Naija parents should stop that rubbish
Re: "40-year-old Woman Poisons Herself Due To Parental Pressure To Marry" - Lady by MrBrownJay1(m): 10:27am On Jul 12, 2018
franchasng:
Yeah, its not easy for ladies....couple with the menopause issue....its not just about parental pressure alone...even if their parents don't pressure them, society pressures them....seeing their friends and mates back then in school sharing lovely pictures with their husbands and kids is enough to pressure them.

It is not easy to be a woman be it in America, Europe, Asia or Africa...the pressure is almost the same, the only difference is that the economy of other nations are okay so single ladies can still fend for themselves and live a happy life materially, but still traumatized emotionally for being single, reason most white ladies fall for Yahoo Yahoo boys and their internet romance scam.

Seriously, we need to help the ladies become happy in any way we can cos its not easy for them at all, God will strengthen you ladies cry

bro, stop writing nonsense....it is ONLY in deluded countries like Nigeria that a single woman would commit suicide because she isnt married at 40. in most part of the west, people dont view marriage like Nigerian does. most women who fall for yahoo yahoo do so because they are LONELY, not because they cant get married, duh! there are NO pressure to get married in the west, stop writing rubbish.

1 Like

Re: "40-year-old Woman Poisons Herself Due To Parental Pressure To Marry" - Lady by dalaman: 10:27am On Jul 12, 2018
MrBrownJay1:

the reason some women (and also men) commit suicide is because of narrow minded people like the above. to them, a women above 40 is useless to marry, and marriage is solely about having children (and certainly not about wanting to spend the rest of your natural life with someone). then we wonder why an educated woman would commit suicide?! THEY are the reason why, THEY should be blamed, and funny because these are the same people who would be against abortion but then reject adopting a child!

these people, along with rubbish religion, failed governance and deluded society, are the reason Nigeria is going backward

Shut up and be quiet! The reason why most people remain married today is because of their children. If not because of children majority of couples would have gone their separate ways.

4 Likes

Re: "40-year-old Woman Poisons Herself Due To Parental Pressure To Marry" - Lady by esty27: 10:30am On Jul 12, 2018
delugajackson:
Marriage has become a social norm. Society expects you to get married, and to do so before the age of 30(sometimes even younger depending on what culture you're from).

But let's try to be logical here. What if she actually turned down numerous men during her bloomy days? We know how much these women look down on men especially when they're not up to their "class" and "standards."

But they forget that at the end of the day, they're the ones that need the marriage more. It's what these crazy feminists do. I know they will come for my head, but the truth has to be told.
How come women are the ones who need marriage the most? Explain cos I don't get your thinking

1 Like

Re: "40-year-old Woman Poisons Herself Due To Parental Pressure To Marry" - Lady by romenna: 10:30am On Jul 12, 2018
Simplep:
Some parents sha
Who marriage help?
let me advice u like an elder bro, date a guy u love and stick with him weda he's rich or not. wen u r 28 marry him. how abt dat?
Re: "40-year-old Woman Poisons Herself Due To Parental Pressure To Marry" - Lady by Schuffeadv23: 10:32am On Jul 12, 2018
HeWrites:
undecided

She had a Degree but not sense.

Where is your own sense in this. cry
Re: "40-year-old Woman Poisons Herself Due To Parental Pressure To Marry" - Lady by phemsie(m): 10:32am On Jul 12, 2018
Quality20:

Except having chldren cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool
Re: "40-year-old Woman Poisons Herself Due To Parental Pressure To Marry" - Lady by mimimile93: 10:35am On Jul 12, 2018
Was there any need letting us know she had a masters degree?

Just tell us a lady above 40 died due to parental pressure to get married.

1 Like

Re: "40-year-old Woman Poisons Herself Due To Parental Pressure To Marry" - Lady by franchasng: 10:36am On Jul 12, 2018
MrBrownJay1:

bro, stop writing nonsense....it is ONLY in deluded countries like Nigeria that a single woman would commit suicide because she isnt married at 40. in most part of the west, people dont view marriage like Nigerian does. most women who fall for yahoo yahoo do so because they are LONELY, not because they cant get married, duh! there are NO pressure to get married in the west, stop writing rubbish.
speak what you know! I have single ladies from USA, Canada, Ireland, Germany, Japan, Austalia (very many of them), Kenya, Malaysia, China, etc, etc that write me seeking for help to find a man to marry. Some even ask for love spell to trap a man they have been crushing on.....God in heavens knows what I am talking about....its unprofessional for me to reveal some personal conversations with some of them, if not, I would have revealed them here....you guys always think living in America, Europe, Asia and any advanced nation exempts you from life's miseries, huh

No human being ever want to remain lonely forever no matter who they are okay We are social animals....loneliness affect our emotion and general mental being it can destroy some people, so stop talking thrash and listen to a professional angry angry

3 Likes

Re: "40-year-old Woman Poisons Herself Due To Parental Pressure To Marry" - Lady by MrBrownJay1(m): 10:36am On Jul 12, 2018
dalaman:

Shut up and be quiet! The reason why most people remain married today is because of their children. If not because of children majority of couples would have gone their separate ways.

A) do you know you can have children without being married to someone?!
B) do you know that many Nigerian women are miserable in marriage, and the only thing that keeps them there is the child?
C) do you know that many Nigerian women are married solely for baby making purposes, and they remain miserable in that union?
D) do you know that many deluded Nigerian women marry the 1st donkey that comes their way, as a desperate measure to be married and/or have babies?!

why do you think that is, if not because of a deluded Nigerian society/people who look down on unmarried or divorced women?!?! if a woman/man are miserable together then they have NO reason to stay together for any reason whatsoever. if a woman and man dont LOVE one another then let them go their separate way and raise that kid in a safe positive environment.

2 Likes

Re: "40-year-old Woman Poisons Herself Due To Parental Pressure To Marry" - Lady by 21savages: 10:39am On Jul 12, 2018
Quality20:
U said 50, wt will dat one go nd do in her husbands hux.
Re: "40-year-old Woman Poisons Herself Due To Parental Pressure To Marry" - Lady by Jabioro: 10:41am On Jul 12, 2018
All what she studied academically was nothing to her,she reads books without putting them into practice., she was a failure from the devil's dungeon darkest world ..If I may ask what did she study? A master in self killing... do not mention me because I am a wicked man to any suicidal...
Re: "40-year-old Woman Poisons Herself Due To Parental Pressure To Marry" - Lady by MrBrownJay1(m): 10:42am On Jul 12, 2018
franchasng:
speak what you know! I have single ladies from USA, Canada, Ireland, Germany, Japan, Austalia (very many of them), Kenya, Malaysia, China, etc, etc that write me seeking for help to find a man to marry. Some even ask for love spell to trap a man they have been crushing on.....God in heavens knows what I am talking about....its unprofessional for me to reveal some personal conversations with some of them, if not, I would have revealed them here....you guys always think living in America, Europe, Asia and any advanced nation exempts you from life's miseries, huh

bro, again, STOP WRITING RUBBISH!!!! here in the west, people dont give a damn about marriage. if it happens, its ok, but if it doesnt then LIFE GOES ON! it is only in deluded miserable countries (where people cant even get 3 square meals a day) that women are raised to believe tha their only salvation is marriage, and whether happy or not, without marriage they are viewed as worthless.

again, women all over the REAL world, dont give a damn about marriage, if it happens GREAT, if it doesnt LIFE GOES ON...
stop believing the messages you receive from either yahoo yahoo or fat fugly disgusting women who know that desperate Africans would do anything for a green card (even marry a woman that nobody wants in the west)

No human being ever want to remain lonely forever no matter who they are okay We are social animals....loneliness affect our emotion and general mental being it can destroy some people, so stop talking thrash and listen to a professional angry angry

there is a HUGE difference between being lonely and being desperate to marry AT ALL COST...many women in the west are lonely, YES, but they certainly aint desperate to get MARRIED, they are only desperate to find a man.....HUGE DIFFERENCE! again, only in Nigeria that marriage is viewed as a DO or DIE issue! because guess what?! here you dont have to get married to get all the perks of married people,,, its called common law union

3 Likes

Re: "40-year-old Woman Poisons Herself Due To Parental Pressure To Marry" - Lady by oglalasioux(m): 10:43am On Jul 12, 2018
dalaman:

She will need to get pregnant through artificial insemination(IVF). Even at that the success rate is less than 10%.

The chances of getting pregnant naturally and giving birth to a healthy baby at 50 is less than 5%.

Thanks for confirming the possibility. There are over 7 billion people on the planet. Work out the percentage of women that are above 50. A 1% success rate is substantial and it paves the way to the fact that mankind can do more in the near future.

1 Like

Re: "40-year-old Woman Poisons Herself Due To Parental Pressure To Marry" - Lady by bukatyne(f): 10:44am On Jul 12, 2018
Simplep:
Some parents sha
Who marriage help?

What will marriage stop you to enjoy?

And life is not maths. Except you have someone you both havery agreed to wait till the next five 5yrs to hit the 28 mark, there is no guarantee that when you are 28, they kind of men you want will still be available.

And if marriage is not useful to you at 23, why the usefulness at 28?

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Men, Do Not Lose A Good Woman!!! / Is Your Girlfriend A Liability Or An Asset? Can She Do This? / 10 Things Guys Say When Caught Cheating

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.