Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,797 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:09 AM

"40-year-old Woman Poisons Herself Due To Parental Pressure To Marry" - Lady - Romance (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / "40-year-old Woman Poisons Herself Due To Parental Pressure To Marry" - Lady (35338 Views)

I’m In Love With Two Men, Don’t Know Which One To Marry – Lady Cries Out / Lady Poisons Herself & Her Ex-Boyfriend To Death A Week To His Wedding In Imo / Man Set To Marry Lady He Met On Instagram (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "40-year-old Woman Poisons Herself Due To Parental Pressure To Marry" - Lady by Nobody: 1:12pm On Jul 12, 2018
franchasng:
Of course the bad economy in Nigeria made it worse since most single ladies see marriage as short cut to success and a ticket out of poverty and financial lack, so i won't argue your point but all the same, women all over the world feel the pressure to get married, but it varies from nation to nation depending on their economy and societal/family values

I would assume your points are correct in regards to Nigeria (although I don't live there), and I would say that most societies believe in family regardless of economic status.
But I believe the difference in the U.S. is the power of choice to decide when the best time to have a family is or whether they even want a family at all and NOT be judged and branded a loser and worthless for the choice they make.
Re: "40-year-old Woman Poisons Herself Due To Parental Pressure To Marry" - Lady by Nobody: 1:20pm On Jul 12, 2018
franchasng:
Don't believe all these cock and bull stories people cook up online, Nigeria is not that bad...I had a unmarried aunt who's late now anyway....nobody stoned her, she died a natural death.

But what would have made it worse for u if u were in Nigeria is bad economy, maybe u will be struggling to get a good job to feed and shelter yourself comfortably without the help of a man...which would have made u become desperate to find a man to marry. But still, whether as a man or woman, it is happier for us when we get married to a soul mate than to remain single and be claiming happy...human being aren't born to stay lonely forever, it affects our emotion and psychology

No,marriage is serious business in Nigeria...
Even Nollywood knows it's a serious issue..might be the most serious next to making money.
My dad (who's Nigerian)hasn't put pressure on me and a few of my sisters....which is probably because of the culture we live in. But my Nigerian aunt has and it's become too much.
He would love for us to marry (as we would as well), but he understands that force and rushing won't work in the U.S.
Some things take time.

Yes, we are meant to be social creatures..and marriage is a beautiful thing when it's God-ordained and entered into with the right motives.
But single folks can have meaningful relationships with family, friends and through ministry as well.
Re: "40-year-old Woman Poisons Herself Due To Parental Pressure To Marry" - Lady by MrBrownJay1(m): 1:21pm On Jul 12, 2018
dalaman:

Marriage is a benchmark for happiness the world over. Married couples have been shown by different studies to be happier, more fulfilled and live longer than single people. These are scientific studies not my opinion .

do you understand English bro?! people who have a MATE (whether married or not) are happier, (focus on "ier" ) . does that mean single people are NOT happy, HELL NO!!! FACT!

Ladies in the west want to get married at the same rate that their grand mothers wanted to, but it is the men that don't want to marry them. Ladies in the west still dream about marriage. Don't decieve yourself. It's just that the men see no reason to marry the ladies in the west because of many reasons. But ladies in the west still crave for marriage and see themselves as empty if they are not married and don't have kids.

who wouldnt want a fairytale wedding?! but is it a do or die issue here?! hell no! do women live happily ever after unmarried? hell yeah! is there anything wrong with that? absolutely not!

Getting married and having kids is almost like a biological function to most women. It gives them satisfaction that most things can not.

ARRANT NONSENSE!!! yes many women want to find LOVE, yes many women want to have children... is that a biological function to want to reproduce? hell yeah! do women in the west see marriage as a do or die issue? hell no, because they can live as common law partner and get the same benefits as marriage anyway (while Nigerian women see it as "being finally happy" ). do most women in the west want to be mothers? the one who do can do so with OR without being married (even without a man) so how on earth would having a kid be an issue for them?! the ones who have kids are happy, the ones who dont are equally happy.

1 Like

Re: "40-year-old Woman Poisons Herself Due To Parental Pressure To Marry" - Lady by divinelove(m): 1:28pm On Jul 12, 2018
esty27:
How come women are the ones who need marriage the most? Explain cos I don't get your thinking

they need it most because 70% of woman are dependent on their husband at marriage point but 100% of men are not.

This lady may be jobless too n that compounded her woes at 40yrs
Re: "40-year-old Woman Poisons Herself Due To Parental Pressure To Marry" - Lady by franchasng: 1:40pm On Jul 12, 2018
Mobilia:

No,marriage is serious business in Nigeria...
Even Nollywood knows it's a serious issue..might be the most serious next to making money.
My dad (who's Nigerian)hasn't put pressure on me and a few of my sisters....which is probably because of the culture we live in. But my Nigerian aunt has and it's become too much.
He would love for us to marry (as we would as well), but he understands that force and rushing won't work in the U.S.
Some things take time.

Yes, we are meant to be social creatures..and marriage is a beautiful thing when it's God-ordained and entered into with the right motives.
But single folks can have meaningful relationships with family, friends and through ministry as well.
I look at it like this:
I could never be married to a man who didn't truly love me or who did not understand my worth as a human being created to be a loving partner to him...someone who contributes to a blessed marriage.
finding a good partner to me is not that a big task the way ladies make it seem. But the issue is most times ladies take things overboard and allow their selfishness destroy their chances of meeting and being with a worthy man. Even Queen Elizabeth the mother of feminism rejoices so much when her grandchildren are getting married, so no parent is happy to see his or her daughter age without a partner or without getting married and bearing kids, no parent wishes that irrespective of their race, skin color, where they live or are.

Two days ago, Queen Elizabeth was dinning happily with Meghan Markle and Kate Middleton and their hubbies, you needed to have seen how excited the Queen was. so my dear sister, don't allow the western woman effect hamper you from seeking to be with the right man in the holy matrimony of marriage.

Even in US, spinsterhood is becoming more common among black ladies while their fellow white ladies who started the feminism stuff are happily getting married to their heartthrobs while our black sisters carry pains and grudges against men in their heart about, hence the reason most black women in the west find it difficult to submit and marry a man.

2 Likes

Re: "40-year-old Woman Poisons Herself Due To Parental Pressure To Marry" - Lady by jbtobsyn(m): 2:05pm On Jul 12, 2018
adorablepepple:
When you ignore people who give you negative vibes, life becomes better and beautiful. She should have ignored and stay away from them. People who got married for a wrong reason are getting burnt daily mtcheeew....
So you believe all this fake stories posted online.
Re: "40-year-old Woman Poisons Herself Due To Parental Pressure To Marry" - Lady by victorioushands: 2:33pm On Jul 12, 2018
All these empty heads bragging about certificates. What do you mean by "she has masters degree" as if that's a ticket to heaven? With all her useless papers, where was she taught to commit suicide because of abstract pressure?
Re: "40-year-old Woman Poisons Herself Due To Parental Pressure To Marry" - Lady by Gerrard59(m): 3:04pm On Jul 12, 2018
dalaman:

False. A lady at 50 can't have children something that is an integral part of marriage.

Extremely false. A female at 50 (although not advised genetically) can procreate and there are persons who are married and don't have children. Theresa May, Angela Merkel, Shinzo Abe etc.

1 Like

Re: "40-year-old Woman Poisons Herself Due To Parental Pressure To Marry" - Lady by Nobody: 3:26pm On Jul 12, 2018
Stamfordluiz:
can you advise your beloved brother to marry a woman of 40 years ?
lolzz.. It all depends on him o.. His life his problems
Re: "40-year-old Woman Poisons Herself Due To Parental Pressure To Marry" - Lady by Nobody: 3:34pm On Jul 12, 2018
Such is the culture we find ourselves...so bad. btw, thanks to @franchasng for the contribution and @MrBrownJay1 and @Mobilia for the valuable insights.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "40-year-old Woman Poisons Herself Due To Parental Pressure To Marry" - Lady by authority2006(m): 3:36pm On Jul 12, 2018
ladyF:
Hope her parents are happy now...

Her parents didn't kill her, she killed herself. Societal pressure is always there. The pressure would have been there for at least 10 years, she didn't kill herself.
Re: "40-year-old Woman Poisons Herself Due To Parental Pressure To Marry" - Lady by franchasng: 3:37pm On Jul 12, 2018
payek:
Such is the culture we find ourselves...so bad. btw, thanks to @franchasng for the contribution and @MrBrownJay1 and @Mobilia for the valuable insights.
my pleasure. And yes, its really not a good one cry

1 Like

Re: "40-year-old Woman Poisons Herself Due To Parental Pressure To Marry" - Lady by Mankiso(m): 3:41pm On Jul 12, 2018
Marriage is not an achievement. A real woman.should not be bouyed into submission.by society.

That is how fools discuss me in open public shops, my sister-in-law inclusive. They want me to do their kind of marriage: move in into a man's home, get pregnant, watch television and begin to raise children without a proper future plan.

My kind of woman is self-improvement and independent, and not one that would call me while I am on a journey and say, there is no food for the children. Is she watching television?

Lady at 40, you've achieved nothing drinking puazin.
Re: "40-year-old Woman Poisons Herself Due To Parental Pressure To Marry" - Lady by authority2006(m): 3:42pm On Jul 12, 2018
oglalasioux:

We are in 2018 not 1818. Women even older than 50 can have children. Though I'm not in support of anyone having children in that scam called marriage.

Marriage is not a scam, just hope to marry the right partner. Two should be better than one ideally.
Re: "40-year-old Woman Poisons Herself Due To Parental Pressure To Marry" - Lady by damzy88: 3:51pm On Jul 12, 2018
mickeymimi:

Nigerians and marriage palava.....it is not by force to marry embarassed
I believe some people will never get married ......my own aunt too.......A 56 yrs old very very nice beautiful lady... top position in her job developed mental health problems after too much pressure on herself ..... that she must marry a born again brother

Actually she is a very good christian and attended her church regularly ... . thinking a christian brother will ask her out ....but not even 1 from her church ..........the sad news is she has turned down so many men down claiming they are unbelievers......

the problem started when
The christian brother she had a crush on and a good friend to her ended up marrying a lady outside and brought the lady to the church ........but the man claimed he only sees my aunt as a christian friend ...silly undecided
This is common among the so called church girls.

1 Like

Re: "40-year-old Woman Poisons Herself Due To Parental Pressure To Marry" - Lady by Nobody: 3:51pm On Jul 12, 2018
Mobilia:

Menopause can occur between the ages of 40-61 in the healthy female...(and I would think that this applies to ALL women of the world regardless of lifespan...not sure whether you are basing your findings on Nigerian women...?)
Average age for menopause is 51.
Eggs start declining at around 35..but they are not fully dead yet even into the mid 40s....
Just because a man can continue conceiving up into his 80s or so, doesn't mean he should.
Yes, some women freeze their eggs oftentimes in their 20's or early 30's....to avoid "potential/potential" fertility/conception issues if they decide to have kids later in life...
The issue becomes whether a woman and her spouse would want to physically have a child over 40....
Adoption and IVF are always options if she doesn't or can't do so.
Life ain't over at 40.. smiley

I was not clear enough. I meant dt ur eggs are finished by 42-44. Or should I say is immensely diminished and can't be stimulated by ivf.

This process occurs years before menopause. I would advise anyone close to 40 to freeze their eggs. If not ur spending millions on kalo kalo IVF dt harvests no healthy egg or harvests low grade eggs dt can't fertilize, from ur ovaries.

PS- of course life doesn't end at 40. I assume fulfillment in life comes from living ur purpose and if parenthood is a desire, thanks to science, pple can use donor eggs and become mothers. It's a blessing.

Re: "40-year-old Woman Poisons Herself Due To Parental Pressure To Marry" - Lady by Nobody: 4:01pm On Jul 12, 2018
What I always find VERY DISTURBING, as it is an exhibition on this particular thread is the pathetic state of some mindsets, WHO SEE LIFE ONLY THROUGH THE VALIDATION OF SYSTEMATIC IMPOSITION OF CARNAL CULTURE AS APPROVED BY WESTERN MENTALITY, A RENDERING OF THAT VERY INSTITUTION SINCE PRIMORDIAL, BUILT ON INFINITE INTELLIGENCE, THE INSTITUTION CALLED 'MARRIAGE' AS MERE FOOLISHNESS.

A conditioning of their minds by conceptions of societal design of governmental systems poorly concieved to govern human affairs, encroaching the rest of the world, conditioning minds to becoming INSANE, THOUGHTLESS. To see the union of man and woman on a defined legal equilibrium of sacredness as a fantasy of folklore. An insanity very evident every where you look especially in the WEST with its continual COLLAPSE OF DECENT, HEALTHY FAMILY STRUCTURE founded on LOVE and not LUST as it has become very much today.

A World animated by SENSUALITY and MATERIALISM. A further degeneration, the culture of CONSUMERISM, CONSUMING THE WORLD LIKE GLUTINOUS PIGS.

PERVERTOUS LIFE STYLE, an outcrop of the 60's SEXUAL REVOLUTION, regarded as HUMANITY'S GREATEST MISTAKE OF THE LAST CENTURY by intellectuals with lucid minds unconquered by lust and have lost not their gift of faculties of reasoning to pursuit of vanity, CORRUPT. A mistake which consequences are suffered today by generations who have choosen to be OBDURATE HEART in the light of empirical evidences, who are practitioners of MORALISTIC HYPOCRISY making a regalia they call RELIGION, very UNRIGHTOUS.

There is always a HIGH DEVASTATNG PRICE a society MUST pay with a LAISSEEZ FAIRE/ FREE-FOR-ALL attitude towards SENSUALITY and all kinds of acts of INDECENCY and IMMORALITY, an effort to kick MARRIAGE in its very essence into the mud. Instead of being engraved on gold.

"Were history mainly a record of accidental and deliberate experiments performed on mankind, it would be to an understanding of human nature what laboratory experiments are to an understanding of nature. Such a history could be an aid to an understanding of ourselves" (Eric Hoffer, Reflections On The Human condition)

What is so difficult to understand about our yesterday which makes Man learn little or NOTHING from his-story, keeps repeating the same grievious mistakes over and over. Yet prides himself as homosapien, wise. Where is the wisdom?

Below, is an excerpt that informs us, about the PRICE being paid, the consequences for this HUMANITY'S VERY, VERY BIG MISTAKE. The ridiculing of the MARRIAGE institution in its very essence.

"As a consequence, THE (contraceptive) PILL and the SEXUAL FREEDOM it provided to women are frequently blamed for what many believe are regressions in quality of life since the sexual revolution. Out of wedlock births, sexually transmitted diseases, teen pregnancy, divorce have all risen considerably. Since the 60s Marriage has declined by a third, divorce has doubled, DURING THE 1960s, THERE WERE ONLY FOUR SEXUALLY TRANSMITTED DISEASE (STDS) NOW THERE ARE TWENTY-FOUR. Since the sexual revolution, children living in a single-parent families has trippled. (Mary Parke, CLASP Center for Law and Social Policy brief, couples and marriage series, brief # 3 p 1 May 2003.)

It was a revolution enacted by ACTIVIST, who have lost their conscience and consciousness. A clamour for "SEXUAL FREEDOM", which only masked their real intent. An intent which is to enable a life of waywardness, ADULTERY and FORNICATION, PROMISCUITY and all kinds of SEXUAL PERVERSIONS contrary to traditional values, MARRIAGE.

And due to the governmental system as DEMOCRACY founded on ILLUSIONS and MENTAL CONFUSSIONS as 'FREEDOM', 'EQUALITY' breeding -ISMs of the most deplorable kind, an ANOMALY in contemporary human history in comparison with days of TRADITION. IT CAN ONLY BE A CONTINUOUS DOWNWARD MOVEMENT, DEEPER INTO DECAY, OUR HUMAN AFFAIRS.

It is these Illusory propositions as 'FREEDOM', 'EQUALITY'....and the likes instead of the reality 'RESPONSIBILITY', 'EQUITY' that keeps veiling little minds from being sensitive to how humanity has SUNK, KEEP SINKING LOWER, and LOWER, fantasied as MORDERNITY.

I have not digressed from the core of this thread as to its title. My aim is only to call the attention of men and women who have the capacity of understanding and comprehension to reflect, deeper as to the irony below and all that has already been stated.

*What an irony?*

One noteworthy reality about Europe’s current political leadership is summarised here by Phil Lawler:

"• Macron, the newly elected French president, has no child.
• German chancellor Angela Merkel has no child.
• British prime minister Theresa May has no child.
• Italian prime minister Paolo Gentiloni has no child.
• Holland’s Mark Rutte,
• Sweden’s Stefan Löfven,
• Luxembourg’s Xavier Bettel,
• Scotland’s Nicola Sturgeon—all have no children.
• Jean-Claude Juncker, president of the European Commission, has no child.

"So a grossly disproportionate number of the people making decisions about Europe’s future have no direct personal stake in that future."

An essence of marriage is not only to protect the human society from SEXUALLY TRANSMITTED DISEASES in Bond defined by fidelity and the forbidance of pre-marital sex. But procreation of lives to dwell in homes which foundation is TRUST, LOVE, HAPPINESS.

4 STDs as against 24 STDs need no debate at all. TRUTH is so clear from FALSEHOOD. It was 4 STDs when sex was strictly within the boundaries of marriage as against 24 STDs when sex became so free. Which reminds me of an anonymous quote: "SINCE SEX BECAME EASIER TO GET, LOVE BECAME HARDER TO FIND".

Why should we choose to ignore what is outrightly wrong, leading us astray?

An age of full fledge DECADENCE. Human race, racing with utmost speed, down the lane of DECLINATION in MORALITY, INTELLECTUALITY, SPIRITUALITY, BEAUTY,...................and the vigorous everyday rise in IMMORALITY, INDECENCY, IGNORANCE, HYPOCRISY..............as if its a contest to see who is the most, WITHOUT SHAME, WITHOUT DIGNITY, WITHOUT HONOUR, WITHOUT INTERGRITY, INHUMANE, HEARTLESS, STUP!D. Such a mad race can't stop FRIGHTENING the SH!T out of any mind that is a witness to ABSOLUTE TRUTH.

Their is no arguing that we have animalistic traits but our essence as human beings is not to behave like animals, but to live to attaining the highest nature of being TRUELY HUMAN AND HUMANE.

MARRIAGE DEFINES OUR HUMANITY, IT IS SACRED, IT SEPERATES US FROM "THE ANIMALITY OF SEX" (chubhie). IT LEADS HUMANITY TO LIGHT AND NOT DARKNESS IF AND ONLY IF IT IS PRACTICED WITH THE SPIRIT OF FIDELITY, LOVE AND COMPASSION.

Cc: dalaman, franchasng your contributions have been very sound. May you grow in sincerity of purpose.

I end this long epistle with this statement. While it didnt interest most people to enquire the validity of this information that this thread is about. This woman in question did not kill herself as a result of pressure from her parents who must have been persuading her to get married because of the reality of the biological clock running against her and must have done so out of love. She killed herself because she choose to be a COWARD thinking DEATH is a solution to what is not at all a problem while making a mystery out of what is not. SUCIDE IS NEVER A SOLUTION AND WILL NEVER BE. LET US ALWAYS HAVE HOPE NO MATTER THE CIRCUMSTANCES.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "40-year-old Woman Poisons Herself Due To Parental Pressure To Marry" - Lady by excel001(m): 4:09pm On Jul 12, 2018
ghostfacekillar:
some of our problem is dat men who are of age and wealthy instead of marrying women with little age difference. They tends to marry teenagers of eighteen and nineteen with that their stupid notion that women grow old faster than men. Nonsense. Like the fireman man in his thirties marrying someone that is eighteen while there are women in their mid twenties and late twenties
Re: "40-year-old Woman Poisons Herself Due To Parental Pressure To Marry" - Lady by Nobody: 4:23pm On Jul 12, 2018
WORDWORLD:
What I always find VERY DISTURBING, as it is an exhibition on this particular thread is the pathetic state of some mindsets, WHO SEE LIFE ONLY THROUGH THE VALIDATION OF SYSTEMATIC IMPOSITION OF CARNAL CULTURE AS APPROVED BY WESTERN MENTALITY, A RENDERING OF THAT VERY INSTITUTION SINCE PRIMORDIAL, BUILT ON INFINITE INTELLIGENCE, THE INSTITUTION CALLED 'MARRIAGE' AS MERE FOOLISHNESS.

A conditioning of their minds by conceptions of societal design of governmental systems poorly concieved to govern human affairs, encroaching the rest of the world, conditioning minds to becoming INSANE, THOUGHTLESS. To see the union of man and woman to be reduced to mere fantasy. An insanity very evident every where you look especially in the WEST with its continual COLLAPSE OF DECENT, HEALTHY FAMILY STRUCTURE founded on LOVE and not LUST as it has become very much today.

A World animated by SENSUAILITY and MATERIALISM. A further degeneration, the culture of CONSUMERISM, CONSUMING THE WORLD LIKE GLUTINOUS PIGS.

PERVERTOUS LIFE STYLE, an outcrop of the 60's SEXUAL REVOLUTION, regarded as HUMANITY'S GREATEST MISTAKE OF THE LAST CENTURY by intellectuals with lucid minds unconquered by lust and have lost not their gift of faculties of reasoning to pursuit of vanity (chubhie). A mistake which consequences are suffered today by generations who have choosen to be OBDURATE HEART in the light of empirical evidences, who are practitioners of MORALISTIC HYPOCRISY making a regalia they call RELIGION, very UNRIGHTOUS.

There is always a HIGH DEVASTATNG PRICE a society MUST pay with a LAISSEEZ FAIRE/ FREE-FOR-ALL attitude towards SENSUALITY and all kinds of acts of INDECENCY and IMMORALITY, an effort to kick MARRIAGE in its very essence into the mud. Instead of being engraved on gold.

"Were history mainly a record of accidental and deliberate experiments performed on mankind, it would be to an understanding of human nature what laboratory experiments are to an understanding of nature. Such a history could be an aid to an understanding of ourselves" (Eric Hoffer, Reflections On The Human condition)

What is so difficult to understand about our yesterday which makes Man learns little or NOTHING from his-story, keeps repeating the same grievious mistakes over and over. Yet prides himself as homosapien, wise. Where is the wisdom?

Below, is an excerpt that informs us, about the PRICE being paid, the consequences for this HUMANITY'S VERY, VERY BIG MISTAKE. The ridiculing of the MARRIAGE institution in its very essence.

"As a consequence, THE (contraceptive) PILL and the SEXUAL FREEDOM it provided to women are frequently blamed for what many believe are regressions in quality of life since the sexual revolution. Out of wedlock births, sexually transmitted diseases, teen pregnancy, divorce have all risen considerably. Since the 60s Marriage has declined by a third, divorce has doubled, DURING THE 1960s, THERE WERE ONLY FOUR SEXUALLY TRANSMITTED DISEASE (STDS) NOW THERE ARE TWENTY-FOUR. Since the sexual revolution, children living in a single-parent families has trippled. (Mary Parke, CLASP Center for Law and Social Policy brief, couples and marriage series, brief # 3 p 1 May 2003.)

It was a revolution enacted by ACTIVIST, who have lost their conscience and consciousness. A clamour for "SEXUAL FREEDOM", which only masked their real intent. An intent which is to enable a life of waywardness, ADULTERY and FORNICATION, PROMISCUITY and all kinds of SEXUAL PERVERSIONS contrary to traditional values, MARRIAGE.

And due to the governmental system as DEMOCRACY founded on ILLUSIONS and MENTAL CONFUSSIONS as 'FREEDOM', 'EQUALITY' breeding -ISMs of the most deplorable kind, an ANOMALY in contemporary human history in comparison with days of TRADITION. IT CAN ONLY BE A CONTINUOUS DOWNWARD MOVEMENT, DEEPER INTO DECAY, OUR HUMAN AFFAIRS.

It is these Illusory propositions as 'FREEDOM', 'EQUALITY'....and the likes instead of the reality 'RESPONSIBILITY', 'EQUITY' that keeps veiling little minds from being sensitive to how humanity has SUNK, KEEP SINKING LOWER, and LOWER, fantasied as MORDERNITY.

I have not digressed from the core of this thread as to its title. My aim is only to call the attention of men and women who have the capacity of understanding and comprehension to reflect, deeper as to the irony below and all that has already been stated.

*What an irony?*

One noteworthy reality about Europe’s current political leadership is summarised here by Phil Lawler:

"• Macron, the newly elected French president, has no child.
• German chancellor Angela Merkel has no child.
• British prime minister Theresa May has no child.
• Italian prime minister Paolo Gentiloni has no child.
• Holland’s Mark Rutte,
• Sweden’s Stefan Löfven,
• Luxembourg’s Xavier Bettel,
• Scotland’s Nicola Sturgeon—all have no children.
• Jean-Claude Juncker, president of the European Commission, has no child.

"So a grossly disproportionate number of the people making decisions about Europe’s future have no direct personal stake in that future."

An essence of marriage is not only is to protect the human society from SEXUALLY TRANSMITTED DISEASES. The forbidance of pre-marital marriage. But procreation of lives to dwell in homes which foundation is TRUST, LOVE, HAPPINESS.

4 STDs as against 24 STDs need no debate at all. TRUTH is so clear from FALSEHOOD. It was 4 STDs when sex was strictly within the boundaries of marriage as against 24 STDs when sex became so free. Which reminds me of an anonymous quote: "SINCE SEX BECAME EASIER TO GET, LOVE BECAME HARDER TO FIND".

Why should we choose to ignore what is outrightly wrong, leading us astray?

An age of full fledge DECADENCE. Human race, racing with utmost speed, down the lane of DECLINATION in MORALITY, INTELLECTUALITY, SPIRITUALITY, BEAUTY,...................and the vigorous everyday rise in IMMORALITY, INDECENCY, IGNORANCE, HYPOCRISY..............as if its a contest to see who is the most, WITHOUT SHAME, WITHOUT DIGNITY, WITHOUT HONOUR, WITHOUT INTERGRITY, INHUMANE, HEARTLESS, STUP!D. Such a mad race can't stop FRIGHTENING the SH!T out of any mind that is a witness to ABSOLUTE TRUTH.

Their is no arguing that we have animalistic traits but our essence as human beings is not to behave like animals, but to live to attaining the highest nature of being TRUELY HUMAN AND HUMANE.

MARRIAGE DEFINES OUR HUMANITY, IT IS SACRED, IT SEPERATES US FROM "THE ANIMALITY OF SEX" (chubhie). IT LEADS HUMANITY TO LIGHT AND NOT DARKNESS IF AND ONLY IF IT IS PRACTICED WITH THE SPIRIT OF FIDELITY, LOVE AND COMPASSION.

Cc: dalaman, franchasng your contributions have been very sound. May you grow in sincerity of purpose.

Everything u said is the truth. Moral decadence also brings with it a race to the bottom in satisfying sensuality. Hearts become cold, violence increases and then mankind destroys itself. A new sober civilization/order emerges, then we rinse repeat the process.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "40-year-old Woman Poisons Herself Due To Parental Pressure To Marry" - Lady by barnawilla: 4:44pm On Jul 12, 2018
HeWrites:
undecided

She had a Degree but not sense.
Attract Men / Women / Get Your Ex Back Products -for Men And Women
https:///2JgfJWt
Re: "40-year-old Woman Poisons Herself Due To Parental Pressure To Marry" - Lady by OgogoroFreak(m): 4:48pm On Jul 12, 2018
Silly old girl.

She never hear of Rita Dominic?

2 Likes

Re: "40-year-old Woman Poisons Herself Due To Parental Pressure To Marry" - Lady by dasparrow: 4:50pm On Jul 12, 2018
delugajackson:
Marriage has become a social norm. Society expects you to get married, and to do so before the age of 30(sometimes even younger depending on what culture you're from).

But let's try to be logical here. What if she actually turned down numerous men during her bloomy days? We know how much these women look down on men especially when they're not up to their "class" and "standards."

But they forget that at the end of the day, they're the ones that need the marriage more. It's what these crazy feminists do. I know they will come for my head, but the truth has to be told.

You and other Nigerians who reason like you need to understand that not every woman or man desires marriage. Not every woman is sexually attracted to men. Not every woman likes sex and desires to live a sexually active life.

I know of some young Nigerian women who had to migrate out of Nigeria because they genuinely did not want marriage and did not want to put up with the societal pressure to get married.

Forcing people to get married is evil. It has nothing to do with feminism. After getting married now, you Nigerians can't stay faithful to your spouses. You begin to cheat and infect your spouse with all manners of sexually transmitted diseases. Is that good? You think God lives adultery?

1 Like

Re: "40-year-old Woman Poisons Herself Due To Parental Pressure To Marry" - Lady by Nobody: 4:51pm On Jul 12, 2018
janellemonae:

I was not clear enough. I meant dt ur eggs are finished by 42-44. Or should I say is immensely diminished and can't be stimulated by ivf.

This process occurs years before menopause. I would advise anyone close to 40 to freeze their eggs. If not ur spending millions on kalo kalo IVF dt harvests no healthy egg or harvests low grade eggs dt can't fertilize, from ur ovaries.

PS- of course life doesn't end at 40. I assume fulfillment in life comes from living ur purpose and if parenthood is a desire, thanks to science, pple can use donor eggs and become mothers. It's a blessing.

Not sure I fully agree with the bolded statement...
IVF treatments have been successful for many women between the ages of 42-44, and older albeit they've spent lots of money.
There are also thousands of women who get pregnant naturally between the ages of 42-44...
But I wouldn't mind reading more info if you'd like to share it. Perhaps I need to be enlightened a little more.
However, I'll agree with your last paragraph.
Women can actually become mothers at many ages...just that the challenges of conceiving at an older age are real...but not impossible.
Thanks for discussing this with me in a mature way smiley

1 Like

Re: "40-year-old Woman Poisons Herself Due To Parental Pressure To Marry" - Lady by Nobody: 4:55pm On Jul 12, 2018
franchasng:
finding a good partner to me is not that a big task the way ladies make it seem. But the issue is most times ladies take things overboard and allow their selfishness destroy their chances of meeting and being with a worthy man. Even Queen Elizabeth the mother of feminism rejoices so much when her grandchildren are getting married, so no parent is happy to see his or her daughter age without a partner or without getting married and bearing kids, no parent wishes that irrespective of their race, skin color, where they live or are.

Two days ago, Queen Elizabeth was dinning happily with Meghan Markle and Kate Middleton and their hubbies, you needed to have seen how excited the Queen was. so my dear sister, don't allow the western woman effect hamper you from seeking to be with the right man in the holy matrimony of marriage.

Even in US, spinsterhood is becoming more common among black ladies while their fellow white ladies who started the feminism stuff are happily getting married to their heartthrobs while our black sisters carry pains and grudges against men in their heart about, hence the reason most black women in the west find it difficult to submit and marry a man.

Hahaha...ok. You're ok my brother...you're alright.
You've been quite mature in this whole discussion..so I'll take the one piece of your advice here and leave some of the other lovely info alone wink
Re: "40-year-old Woman Poisons Herself Due To Parental Pressure To Marry" - Lady by Nobody: 5:00pm On Jul 12, 2018
authority2006:

Marriage is not a scam, just hope to marry the right partner. Two should be better than one ideally.

I agree with the above bolded statement. Nothing that GOD has created and blessed is a scam.....nothing.
Prayerfully (and not hopefully), one will be lead to the right partner and be blessed tremendously. It could be a variety of reasons why a person may still be single at a later age.
Yes...ideally two is better than one.
But there are those who can live a single, celibate life and be just as happy as married folks...
Re: "40-year-old Woman Poisons Herself Due To Parental Pressure To Marry" - Lady by barnawilla: 5:02pm On Jul 12, 2018
HeWrites:
undecided

She had a Degree but not sense.
https:///2Nk4e3B
Re: "40-year-old Woman Poisons Herself Due To Parental Pressure To Marry" - Lady by dasparrow: 5:03pm On Jul 12, 2018
dalaman:

False. A lady at 50 can't have children something that is an integral part of marriage.

Wrong. My cousin gave birth to a set of healthy quadruplets at over 50. She had 3 boys and one girl. She had them via c-section.

Secondly, not every married man and woman wants children. The reason why married Nigerians give birth to children whether they want kids or not is because of societal pressure and getting mocked if one does not give birth.

Go to sane advanced climes and see happily married couples who never wanted kids living their lives as they please, traveling the world, working in ministry, etc. Others have their dogs and cats making them happy. The Nigerian factor has everything to do with Nigerians considering kids as an integral part of marriage.

The sad part though is most Nigerians suck at parenting. This is why they keep raising criminally minded, morally bankrupt individuals who become a nuisance to the world at large. Why do you think citizens from other nations don't like or trust Nigerians?

1 Like

Re: "40-year-old Woman Poisons Herself Due To Parental Pressure To Marry" - Lady by Nobody: 5:04pm On Jul 12, 2018
payek:

You are welcomed sir...
Re: "40-year-old Woman Poisons Herself Due To Parental Pressure To Marry" - Lady by Saff(f): 5:04pm On Jul 12, 2018
Simplep:
Some parents sha
Am jst 23 nd mum is already hinting on marriage
Me dat still want to enjoy my singlehood till am 28
Who marriage help?
totally relatable. I’m 23 too and my mum is acting like I should get out of her house lol. I’m tryna enjoy my life. Babe we’re still young grin grin
Re: "40-year-old Woman Poisons Herself Due To Parental Pressure To Marry" - Lady by dasparrow: 5:06pm On Jul 12, 2018
thesicilian:
Yet women will want us to believe that they can do without us.

They can. It's just that Nigerian society would not let them be. Maybe the lady thought to herself, "I rather die than get married. Let me poison myself."

1 Like

Re: "40-year-old Woman Poisons Herself Due To Parental Pressure To Marry" - Lady by dasparrow: 5:07pm On Jul 12, 2018
OkpaAkuEriEri:
angry
Why did she not mary wen it was ha time

Because she didn't desire marriage but her bloody parents don't want to respect that.

1 Like

Re: "40-year-old Woman Poisons Herself Due To Parental Pressure To Marry" - Lady by MrBrownJay1(m): 5:07pm On Jul 12, 2018
payek:

you are welcome.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Benue Girls / My Fiancee Broke Up With Me For Becoming A Keke Napep Rider / 10 Things Guys Say When Caught Cheating

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 122
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.