Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,084 members, 7,814,749 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 06:50 PM

"40-year-old Woman Poisons Herself Due To Parental Pressure To Marry" - Lady - Romance (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / "40-year-old Woman Poisons Herself Due To Parental Pressure To Marry" - Lady (35327 Views)

I’m In Love With Two Men, Don’t Know Which One To Marry – Lady Cries Out / Lady Poisons Herself & Her Ex-Boyfriend To Death A Week To His Wedding In Imo / Man Set To Marry Lady He Met On Instagram (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "40-year-old Woman Poisons Herself Due To Parental Pressure To Marry" - Lady by authority2006(m): 11:55pm On Jul 12, 2018
dasparrow:

And I maintain, not everyone desires marriage same way not everyone desires singleness. There are people out there who are not married but are not alone either. They are in long fulfilled relationships with their partners.

I for instance detest sex so being married will be a nightmare for someone like me who does not desire to swim in another person's genital fluids or secretions. So I intend not to get married. And even if I had desired marriage, I will not marry from that backward continent called Africa that the world never takes seriously.

I don't mingle or socialize with Nigerians in real life so they won't have the chance to pressure me into a union I genuinely don't desire. Not all women or men desire marriage and that is the bottom line. Forcing a person into marriage can have dire consequences. Take it or leave it!

Inferiority complex.

2 Likes

Re: "40-year-old Woman Poisons Herself Due To Parental Pressure To Marry" - Lady by tintingz(m): 12:05am On Jul 13, 2018
kongolo:
An open relationship is a partnership in which both parties agree to have sexual relations with others while still maintaining their relationship.I repeat,Oprah Winfrey has been in a monogamous relationship with Stedman Graham for over 30years
She's not married to him and it's not monogamous, you don't know how she live and I don't either, they are not under marriage vows nor obligations, they live separately and independently for over 30 years plus!, don't tell me that kind of relationship is not open relationship(even if it's not), she can have intimate with any man she likes and nothing will happen.

1 Like

Re: "40-year-old Woman Poisons Herself Due To Parental Pressure To Marry" - Lady by kongolo(m): 12:57am On Jul 13, 2018
tintingz:
She's not married to him and it's not monogamous, you don't know how she live and I don't either, they are not under marriage vows nor obligations, they live separately and independently for over 30 years plus!, don't tell me that kind of relationship is not open relationship(even if it's not), she can have intimate with any man she likes and nothing will happen.
Oprah is not married to Stedman but they have been in an exclusive relationship for over 30years.Oprah is a conservative lady who doesn't hop from relationship to relationship same as Stedman.They have been in a co-dependent relationship and lived together for over 30years.If Oprah has any other "away match" apart from the one with Stedman,the relationship will end same goes for Stedman

3 Likes

Re: "40-year-old Woman Poisons Herself Due To Parental Pressure To Marry" - Lady by Nobody: 3:45am On Jul 13, 2018
kongolo:
Oprah is not married to Stedman but they have been in an exclusive relationship for over 30years.Oprah is a conservative lady who doesn't hop from relationship to relationship same as Stedman.They have been in a co-dependent relationship and lived together for over 30years.If Oprah has any other "away match" apart from the one with Stedman,the relationship will end same goes for Stedman

There's no point in explaining this to him because he just can't relate, in his mind if there's no certificate, it's a 'fake' relationship. He won't accept that people have had children and raised them together in a monogamous relationship without ever getting married. For his mind if it ain't marriage it ain't a relationship.

3 Likes

Re: "40-year-old Woman Poisons Herself Due To Parental Pressure To Marry" - Lady by Nobody: 4:32am On Jul 13, 2018
tintingz:
She's not married to him, she's not under any obligations and vows of marriage, they are not husband and wife, they are boyfriend and girlfriend, she's in an open relationship with the man, know the difference.

I am an oprah fan o. I listen to her podcasts everyday. Religiously. And I'm obsessed with her. What you said here is s fallacy.

Oprah is not in an 'open relationship'. Maybe u should google what open relationship means. She said once dt he proposed and she said yes. In the 80's. But then they just never got married and none of them pushed it. I'm pretty sure it made sense for 'Financial reasons'. It's the US. She's a billionaire (and was already a huge multimillionaire in the 80's) Who needs dt pressure on a marriage really?

The only thing she has bin adamant about was not having children. She had a terrible childhood & she said she was aware of her purpose from a young age and she knew she couldn't do her work and be a good mother. She believes a mother is the number 1 spiritual master in a child's life and is a job dt shouldn't be taken lightly. Please don't think Oprahs 'work' is talkshow host. She is like a spiritual prophet transforming this generation. You should listen to her 'top rated, most subscribed' podcast supersoul conversations.

3 Likes

Re: "40-year-old Woman Poisons Herself Due To Parental Pressure To Marry" - Lady by lexy2014: 6:20am On Jul 13, 2018
Quality20:
even at 50 a lady can still get married n enjoy. all d benefits of marriage
how do u no? Have u married a fifty year old lady b4?
Re: "40-year-old Woman Poisons Herself Due To Parental Pressure To Marry" - Lady by tintingz(m): 6:39am On Jul 13, 2018
janellemonae:

I am an oprah fan o. I listen to her podcasts everyday. Religiously. And I'm obsessed with her. What you said here is s fallacy.

Oprah is not in an 'open relationship'. Maybe u should google what open relationship means. She said once dt he proposed and she said yes. In the 80's. But then they just never got married and none of them pushed it. I'm pretty sure it made sense for 'Financial reasons'. It's the US. She's a billionaire (and was already a huge multimillionaire in the 80's) Who needs dt pressure on a marriage really?

The only thing she has bin adamant about was not having children. She had a terrible childhood & she said she was aware of her purpose from a young age and she knew she couldn't do her work and be a good mother. She believes a mother is the number 1 spiritual master in a child's life and is a job dt shouldn't be taken lightly. Please don't think Oprahs 'work' is talkshow host. She is like a spiritual prophet transforming this generation. You should listen to her 'top rated, most subscribed' podcast supersoul conversations.
What you said is also fallacy, you don't know how Oprah live and I don't either.

Stedman propose to her and they were set to marry but they both decide not to and never talked about it anymore, infact Oprah has let it known she will never going to marry, because if she does the relationship with Stedman will not be that long, kindly explain what that means.

Oprah and her boyfriend Stedman lived separately and independently for 30 years plus, put yourself in that shoe, you are dating your rich girlfriend for 30 years separately and independently please tell me what's that kind of relationship?

Oprah has had numerous dates with men in the past and even dated a married man, I'm someone that is really amazed about Oprah's personal life, she's a woman that lived her life the way she wants and enjoyed it, I'm not interested in her religious views.

There's nothing monogamous in two separated boyfriend and girlfriend 30 years plus relationship.
Re: "40-year-old Woman Poisons Herself Due To Parental Pressure To Marry" - Lady by tintingz(m): 6:51am On Jul 13, 2018
kongolo:
Oprah said if she and Stedman had married, thier marriage won't last.

In 2013, she laid her cards on the table after being encouraged by close friend Tina Turner to walk down the aisle. "Tina was like, 'Oprah, you need to do this. You need to do it,'" Oprah told Access Hollywood. "And I was just thinking, 'Well, OK, would things really be different?' And no, I don't think so."

By that point, Oprah and Stedman had been together 27 years, so it's safe to say they know what works for them. "If you ever interviewed him, he would tell you that had we married, we would not be together today," she told Access Hollywood. "Because he's a traditional man and this is a very untraditional relationship.

http://www.nickiswift.com/75049/strange-things-oprah-stedmans-relationship/

It seems you don't know Oprah's romantic history, go and read how Oprah dated numerous men and even dated a married man.
Re: "40-year-old Woman Poisons Herself Due To Parental Pressure To Marry" - Lady by Nobody: 7:01am On Jul 13, 2018
janellemonae:

#The bolded is TRUTH IN ITS ABSOLUTENESS! The very first RIGHT OF A CHILD from his or her father according to Islamic tradition, is not a provision after he or she is born but far before the union of his or her parents in the tieing of the knot, marriage, a wedlock. A saying of the son of Amina and Abdullah, Prophet Muhammad, an Hadith makes it clear that a it is a child's right that his or her father endeavours by all means possible to ensure that he make the best choice of woman who is GOOD, VIRTOUS, BEAUTY SKIN DEEP, CARING to marry as to become a child's MOTHER.

There is no doubting Oprah's belief that a child's number 1 spiritual master is the Mother. This can be very understood by making examples such Men chosen for message of Divinity, Prophet Lut, and Noah both had offsprings who went astray like their morally bankrupt mothers, ending their lives in ruination like mums despite their fathers' being officers of highest spiritual principles.

Which makes it not a wonder a reason why our societies is in a serious chaos. THE OUT CROPS OF SLAY QUEENS AND IRRESPONSIBLE MEN WHO CHOOSE THEM TO MOTHER THEIR SEEDS. It by highest PROBABILITY turns out to be seeds which grow to be BAD FRUITS. For you can't give what you have not.

A good mother bears children who will turn out to be GOOD, thhan if the father is good and mother is bad. Only in rare occasions is it otherwise.

Women are the matrix of the society, the womb to the world of everyone, both men and women and must be given the best education and well cared for if a society does not want to die by spiritual malnutrition leading to DESTRUCTION as the world keeps bleeding at our feet.

1 Like

Re: "40-year-old Woman Poisons Herself Due To Parental Pressure To Marry" - Lady by tintingz(m): 7:04am On Jul 13, 2018
LivingFree:

There's no point in explaining this to him because he just can't relate, in his mind if there's no certificate, it's a 'fake' relationship. He won't accept that people have had children and raised them together in a monogamous relationship without ever getting married. For his mind if it ain't marriage it ain't a relationship.
Relationship does not need certificate, there are different types of relationship, stop projecting my thoughts.

Don't tell me a relationship(celebrities) of 30 years, lived separately and independently for 30 years is monogamous? You think that kind of relationship would last if they are married?

2 Likes

Re: "40-year-old Woman Poisons Herself Due To Parental Pressure To Marry" - Lady by Saff(f): 7:13am On Jul 13, 2018
GODPUNISHUNA:

Trust me, you wouldn't be disappointed when you see my pictures and when you see me face to face.

I'll just let the suspense continue for now wink
umm ok
Re: "40-year-old Woman Poisons Herself Due To Parental Pressure To Marry" - Lady by Nobody: 9:25am On Jul 13, 2018
tintingz:
What you said is also fallacy, you don't know how Oprah live and I don't either.

Stedman propose to her and they were set to marry but they both decide not to and never talked about it anymore, infact Oprah has let it known she will never going to marry, because if she does the relationship with Stedman will not be that long, kindly explain what that means.

Oprah and her boyfriend Stedman lived separately and independently for 30 years plus, put yourself in that shoe, you are dating your rich girlfriend for 30 years separately and independently please tell me what's that kind of relationship?

Oprah has had numerous dates with men in the past and even dated a married man, I'm someone that is really amazed about Oprah's personal life, she's a woman that lived her life the way she wants and enjoyed it, I'm not interested in her religious views.

There's nothing monogamous in two separated boyfriend and girlfriend 30 years plus relationship.

Im really uninterested in tabloid gossip. Thanks.

2 Likes

Re: "40-year-old Woman Poisons Herself Due To Parental Pressure To Marry" - Lady by kongolo(m): 10:01am On Jul 13, 2018
tintingz:
Oprah said if she and Stedman had married, thier marriage won't last.

In 2013, she laid her cards on the table after being encouraged by close friend Tina Turner to walk down the aisle. "Tina was like, 'Oprah, you need to do this. You need to do it,'" Oprah told Access Hollywood. "And I was just thinking, 'Well, OK, would things really be different?' And no, I don't think so."

By that point, Oprah and Stedman had been together 27 years, so it's safe to say they know what works for them. "If you ever interviewed him, he would tell you that had we married, we would not be together today," she told Access Hollywood. "Because he's a traditional man and this is a very untraditional relationship.

http://www.nickiswift.com/75049/strange-things-oprah-stedmans-relationship/

It seems you don't know Oprah's romantic history, go and read how Oprah dated numerous men and even dated a married man
Oprah Winfrey dated numerous men and even a married man BEFORE she met Stedman Graham.Since she has been in a monogamous relationship with him for over 30years,she has dated no one else.No one night stands,no hook ups,no travelling to exotic locales to get her groove back...no one except Stedman

2 Likes

Re: "40-year-old Woman Poisons Herself Due To Parental Pressure To Marry" - Lady by kongolo(m): 10:04am On Jul 13, 2018
LivingFree:

My sister,i have heard you & i'll try to stick to your advise
Re: "40-year-old Woman Poisons Herself Due To Parental Pressure To Marry" - Lady by tintingz(m): 10:41am On Jul 13, 2018
kongolo:
Oprah Winfrey dated numerous men and even a married man BEFORE she met Stedman Graham.Since she has been in a monogamous relationship with him for over 30years,she has dated no one else.No one night stands,no hook ups,no travelling to exotic locales to get her groove back...no one except Stedman
You lived with her to conclude all these?

Stedman is said to travel alot, they live separately, they are not together like husband and wife do, they are rich celebrities, they both agree not to get married and live together.

Let's agree it's not open relationship, again is it monogamous relationship?

Put yourself in that shoe and answer it.
Re: "40-year-old Woman Poisons Herself Due To Parental Pressure To Marry" - Lady by XhosaNostra(f): 10:52am On Jul 13, 2018
I'm sorry but at 40, you're old enough to politely tell your parents to go fly a kite! It must be one of those 40-year-olds with mild retardation grin
Re: "40-year-old Woman Poisons Herself Due To Parental Pressure To Marry" - Lady by topellycategory: 2:55pm On Jul 13, 2018
@franchasng please can you please drop your email or whatsapp number I want to ask you some questions privately.Thank you[color=#006600][/color]
franchasng:
lol, wahala de cheesy are u a male or female abeg grin
Re: "40-year-old Woman Poisons Herself Due To Parental Pressure To Marry" - Lady by topellycategory: 2:57pm On Jul 13, 2018
@franchasng please can you please drop your email or whatsapp number I want to ask you some questions privately. Thank you
Re: "40-year-old Woman Poisons Herself Due To Parental Pressure To Marry" - Lady by franchasng: 8:57pm On Jul 13, 2018
topellycategory:
@franchasng please can you please drop your email or whatsapp number I want to ask you some questions privately. Thank you
I replied your PM. Good evening
Re: "40-year-old Woman Poisons Herself Due To Parental Pressure To Marry" - Lady by mercyland93(m): 7:57am On Aug 14, 2020
oglalasioux:

We are in 2018 not 1818. Women even older than 50 can have children. Though I'm not in support of anyone having children in that scam called marriage.

Marriage is never a scam. Pls discard that kind of thought.
Don't u want to produce a replica of ur own, or u prefer to be a baby daddy/mummy like some people do.

We should just pray that our country's economy should experience growth, so that every marriageable single guys would get married..

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Men, Do Not Lose A Good Woman!!! / 10 Things Guys Say When Caught Cheating / Is Your Girlfriend A Liability Or An Asset? Can She Do This?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.