Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,086 members, 7,814,766 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 07:22 PM

"40-year-old Woman Poisons Herself Due To Parental Pressure To Marry" - Lady - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / "40-year-old Woman Poisons Herself Due To Parental Pressure To Marry" - Lady (35328 Views)

I’m In Love With Two Men, Don’t Know Which One To Marry – Lady Cries Out / Lady Poisons Herself & Her Ex-Boyfriend To Death A Week To His Wedding In Imo / Man Set To Marry Lady He Met On Instagram (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "40-year-old Woman Poisons Herself Due To Parental Pressure To Marry" - Lady by Victorious1000: 10:51am On Jul 12, 2018
What happened
Re: "40-year-old Woman Poisons Herself Due To Parental Pressure To Marry" - Lady by MrBrownJay1(m): 10:53am On Jul 12, 2018
bukatyne:
And life is not maths. Except you have someone you both havery agreed to wait till the next five 5yrs to hit the 28 mark, there is no guarantee that when you are 28, they kind of men you want will still be available.

... AND/OR that she would even be ready for marriage at 28.
Re: "40-year-old Woman Poisons Herself Due To Parental Pressure To Marry" - Lady by franchasng: 10:55am On Jul 12, 2018
MrBrownJay1:

bro, again, STOP WRITING RUBBISH!!!! here in the west, people dont give a damn about marriage. if it happens, its ok, but if it doesnt then LIFE GOES ON! it is only in deluded miserable countries (where people cant even get 3 square meals a day) that women are raised to believe tha their only salvation is marriage, and whether happy or not, without marriage they are viewed as worthless.

again, women all over the REAL world, dont give a damn about marriage, if it happens GREAT, if it doesnt LIFE GOES ON!

stop believing the message you receive from either yahoo yahoo or fat fugly disgusting women who know that desperate Africans would do anything for a green card (even marry a woman that nobody wants in the west)
You know the problem with some of you Nigerians Because you managed to flee out of Nigeria due to frustration, to one European or American or even Asian country you live most times as illegal migrant or through visa lottery or ill-gotten migrant visa or permit or citizenship, whatever...you now assume you know everything that happens in the west.

I speak with my clients on phone, sometimes we do video call on skype....even Hangout, and some are even my friends on Facebook as I type....this is something I have been doing for close to a decade before I stopped for security reasons involved, and you are here talking thrash!

I have been contacted by a popular Australian entertainer being frustrated by her lover, I have helped uncountable women around the world with marital issues, some having issues with finding a man to love and marry....I am not here to brag, I hate talking about this but people like you coerce one to do so....stop living life on assumption....you don't know everything happening in the western nations okay People are different there....yes most of their parents don't pressure them, some parochial and mundial western parents still pressure their aging daughters to get married just as some western parents don't like when their children turn homo or gay....again, speak for yourself and people you know.

I don't argue what I am not very much aware of...on this very topic, I am arguing based on my personal experience and encounter not based on assumption or hearsay...so speak for yourself and those you know okay

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "40-year-old Woman Poisons Herself Due To Parental Pressure To Marry" - Lady by dalaman: 10:55am On Jul 12, 2018
MrBrownJay1:

A) do you know you can have children without being married to someone?!
B) do you know that many Nigerian women are miserable in marriage, and the only thing that keeps them there is the child?
C) do you know that many Nigerian women are married solely for baby making purposes, and they remain miserable in that union?
D) do you know that many deluded Nigerian women marry the 1st donkey that comes their way, as a desperate measure to be married and/or have babies?!

why do you think that is, if not because of a deluded Nigerian society/people who look down on unmarried or divorced women?!?! if a woman/man are miserable together then they have NO reason to stay together for any reason whatsoever. if a woman and man dont LOVE one another then let them go their separate way and raise that kid in a safe positive environment.

What is this? Many unmarried people in the west are so unfullfilled with life that they commit a lot of suicide.

The family unit in the west has totally broken down. They can't even live with each other anymore. 50-60% of their marriages each year end up in divorce.

In the west it is the men that don't want to marry their women anymore. Their women still marry the first donkey that comes their way.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "40-year-old Woman Poisons Herself Due To Parental Pressure To Marry" - Lady by justmi1: 10:56am On Jul 12, 2018
Simplep:
Some parents sha
Am jst 23 nd mum is already hinting on marriage
Me dat still want to enjoy my singlehood till am 28
Who marriage help?
your mum loves you. You want to enjoy life till 28- more like you want a bore hole drilled under you first. Then later you go dey find innocent man for Shiloh. Come here... I promise... i won't slap you. undecided

2 Likes

Re: "40-year-old Woman Poisons Herself Due To Parental Pressure To Marry" - Lady by bukatyne(f): 10:58am On Jul 12, 2018
MrBrownJay1:

... AND/OR that she would even be ready for marriage at 28.

Very true.
Re: "40-year-old Woman Poisons Herself Due To Parental Pressure To Marry" - Lady by mickeymimi: 10:59am On Jul 12, 2018
Nigerians and marriage palava.....it is not by force to marry embarassed
I believe some people will never get married ......my own aunt too.......A 56 yrs old very very nice beautiful lady... top position in her job developed mental health problems after too much pressure on herself ..... that she must marry a born again brother

Actually she is a very good christian and attended her church regularly ... . thinking a christian brother will ask her out ....but not even 1 from her church ..........the sad news is she has turned down so many men down claiming they are unbelievers......

the problem started when
The christian brother she had a crush on and a good friend to her ended up marrying a lady outside and brought the lady to the church ........but the man claimed he only sees my aunt as a christian friend ...silly undecided

2 Likes

Re: "40-year-old Woman Poisons Herself Due To Parental Pressure To Marry" - Lady by Onetop(m): 11:01am On Jul 12, 2018
Simplep:
Some parents sha Am jst 23 nd mum is already hinting on marriage Me dat still want to enjoy my singlehood till am 28 Who marriage help?

Hi
Re: "40-year-old Woman Poisons Herself Due To Parental Pressure To Marry" - Lady by AnanseK(m): 11:01am On Jul 12, 2018
okachie1:
This is so so sad! Smh shocked
I seriously think dis menace is only prevalent in Africa where people still think ur social worth is enhanced when u gets married besides the fact that We Africans because of the failures of our various national governments to provide Us with the social welfare sees children as an insurance for old age.

Perhaps, people tends to look down on individuals who haven't gotten married as a less serious person. More so, let me shock you guys here that by the time We got our independence from the British in 1960 Nigeria's population was the same with them now looking back you can see that we have tripled our population to theirs in less than a century which clearly indicates the fact that We equates sex and marriage over pursuing the real things that matter in life like self-development,research,etc. Most people shouting go and marry does it out of jealousy and strife because they sometimes/most times always looks for something to de-shine you having seen u radiating happiness. Africa need to learn!

Nothing to do with people. This educated Lady should have known better. She should have ignored them. Even in Africa no one can force a 40 year old educated woman into marriage.

3 Likes

Re: "40-year-old Woman Poisons Herself Due To Parental Pressure To Marry" - Lady by franchasng: 11:04am On Jul 12, 2018
dalaman:

What is this? Many unmarried people in the west are so unfullfilled with life that they commit a lot of suicide.

The family unit in the west has totally broken down. They can't even live with each other anymore. 50-60 of their marriages each year end up in divorce.

In the west it is the men that don't want to marry their women anymore. Their women still marry the first donkey that comes their way.

Don't mind him jareh....maybe because he managed to secure a stay in one European or Asian or American country, therefore he has become an authority that decides how every western citizen reasons and how they live their life, it sound so foolish of him to argue this fact.

We have rich ladies who still live miserably just because they are single at maybe 40 or 40something, it has nothing to do with financial lack....yes in Nigeria most ladies see marriage as short cut to end poverty and to flee from family sufferings....but not in all cases like he claim. There are rich, independent Nigerian ladies tired of being single and searching for genuine men to love and marry....to them, its not about money but love and companionship.

In China, rich single ladies do hire guys to act as their fiance's when visiting their parents during one particular festive period in China....I have an Australian lady, a bank executive who has been scammed severally by men; both Australian men and others, which made her turn to black guys before she fell again for Nigerian guys living in Malaysia....she was in total pains and was even considering suicide....I have countless of such encounters during my relationship counseling period but he is here talking thrash he pulled form his skull angry angry

3 Likes

Re: "40-year-old Woman Poisons Herself Due To Parental Pressure To Marry" - Lady by webizone(m): 11:07am On Jul 12, 2018
adorablepepple:
When you ignore people who give you negative vibes, life becomes better and beautiful. She should have ignored and stay away from them. People who got married for a wrong reason are getting burnt daily mtcheeew....
Do you know that millions of girls turn down guys or don't try to initiate talks with guys everyday to the extent that they may never meet the one with a right reason?

1 Like

Re: "40-year-old Woman Poisons Herself Due To Parental Pressure To Marry" - Lady by derbykol(f): 11:10am On Jul 12, 2018
Pressure is higher these days.
Re: "40-year-old Woman Poisons Herself Due To Parental Pressure To Marry" - Lady by Daeylar(f): 11:10am On Jul 12, 2018
dalaman:

False. A lady at 50 can't have children something that is an integral part of marriage.

To you, not to all women. Not in all marriages.

2 Likes

Re: "40-year-old Woman Poisons Herself Due To Parental Pressure To Marry" - Lady by metroid(m): 11:16am On Jul 12, 2018
HeWrites:
undecided

She had a Degree but not sense.

No sense at all
Re: "40-year-old Woman Poisons Herself Due To Parental Pressure To Marry" - Lady by dalaman: 11:18am On Jul 12, 2018
franchasng:
Don't mind him jareh....maybe because he managed to secure a stay in one European or Asian or American country, therefore he has become an authority that decides how every western citizen reasons and how they live their life, it sound so foolish of him to argue this fact.

We have rich ladies who still live miserably just because they are single at maybe 40 or 40something, it has nothing to do with financial lack....yes in Nigeria most ladies see marriage as short cut to end poverty and to flee from family sufferings....but not in all cases like he claim. There are rich, independent Nigerian ladies tired of being single and searching for genuine men to love and marry....to them, its not about money but love and companionship.

In China, rich single ladies do hire guys to act as their fiance's when visiting their parents during one particular festive period in China....I have an Australian lady, a bank executive who has been scammed severally by men; both Australian men and others, which made her turn to black guys before she fell again for Nigerian guys living in Malaysia....she was in total pains and was even considering suicide....I have countless of such encounters during my relationship counseling period but he is here talking thrash he pulled form his skull angry angry

He knows nothing. Am a German citizen and am presently living in Australia. Marriage or having children to most women is almost like a biological function. Many women will give up some luxury just to have a family. It is almost biological to them. All these women that keep sending money to Internet lovers that keep defrauding them are doing it because they are lonely and unfullfilled. He should come here are see how senior ladies (35 and above) are hustling for guys to either marry then or give them children. They'll even pay for it.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "40-year-old Woman Poisons Herself Due To Parental Pressure To Marry" - Lady by dalaman: 11:20am On Jul 12, 2018
Daeylar:

To you, not to all women. Not in all marriages.

Tell me the people that get married and pray not to have a child or children assuming they've never had any before.

1 Like

Re: "40-year-old Woman Poisons Herself Due To Parental Pressure To Marry" - Lady by MrBrownJay1(m): 11:24am On Jul 12, 2018
dalaman:

yes, many unmarried people commit suicide in the west, but its certainly not because they are NOT MARRIED.

The family unit in the west has totally broken down. They can't even live with each other anymore. 50-60 of their marriages each year end up in divorce.

and how is the family unit in Africa, if i may ask?! is it any better when we have miserable women (and/or their parents) selling themselves to the highest bidder, in order to come out of poverty?! come on bro, dont be an hypocrite!

bwaaaaah! 2 seconds ago, they couldnt find anybody and sent you message to get married, lol! you make NO DOAMN SENSE, and my guess is that you are only believing the rubbish you see on bs TV (aka what you have NEVER experienced). here is a clue: travel to the west and experience it for yourself, and you will be amazed how people live happier when they have no worries/burden about getting married.

franchasng:
You know the problem with some of you Nigerians Because you managed to flee out of Nigeria due to frustration, to one European or American or even Asian country you live most times as illegal migrant or through visa lottery or ill-gotten migrant visa or permit or citizenship, whatever...you now assume you know everything that happens in the west.

I speak with my clients on phone, sometimes we do video call on skype....even Hangout, and some are even my friends on Facebook as I type....this is something I have been doing for close to a decade before I stopped for security reasons involved, and you are here talking thrash!

I have been contacted by a popular Australian entertainer being frustrated by her lover, I have helped uncountable women around the world with marital issues, some having issues with finding a man to love and marry....I am not here to brag, I hate talking about this but people like you coerce one to do so....stop living life on assumption....you don't know everything happening in the western nations okay People are different there....yes most of their parents don't pressure them, some parochial and mundial western parents still pressure their aging daughters to get married just as some western parents don't like when their children turn homo or gay....again, speak for yourself and people you know.

bro, as much as you "could" have been right, sadly you are WRONG! and as much as you may have such beliefs because of the hearsay, my experiences come from TRAVELING THE WORLD and DISCOVERING DIFFERENT CULTURES on the ground, over and over again..... and no, i dont mean visiting a place for a week thinking you know anything, i mean relocating to (and living no less than 2yrs) in different countries around the world. so as i say again (pls do listen carefully), people in the real world DONT GIVE A DAMN ABOUT MARRIAGE... if it happens, great, if it doesnt then they sure wont kill themselves over it, because here you can still be happy while unmarried.

I don't argue what I am not very much aware of...on this very topic, I am arguing based on my personal experience and encounter not based on assumption or hearsay...so speak for yourself and those you know okay

you certainly dont know what you are talking about...stop writing rubbish online!

1 Like

Re: "40-year-old Woman Poisons Herself Due To Parental Pressure To Marry" - Lady by franchasng: 11:25am On Jul 12, 2018
dalaman:

He knows nothing. Am a German citizen and am presently living in Australia. Marriage or having children to most women is almost like a biological function. Many women will give up some luxury just to have a family. It is almost biologicalto them. All these women that keep sending money to Internet lovers that keep defrauding them are doing it because they are lonely and unfullfilled. He should come here are see how senior ladies (35 and above) women are hustling for guys to either marry then or give them children. They'll even pay for it.
Don't mind him. They always think western women don't care about marriage. This is the same wack belief most Nigerian ladies have, and once they succeed in leaving Nigeria to either USA, UK, Canada, etc, yes they will succeed in making money and then they will realize that having all the money is not enough to make them happy and fulfilled, and you see them coming back to that same thing they forbid; seeking for marriage.

It is rampant in USA to see lots of single Nigerian ladies living waywardly out of frustration of being single at ripe age, reason you see most of them running back to Nigeria to find guys back in Nigeria to marry, I wonder where the guy @MrBrownJay1 lives; maybe Thai Cave undecided

Getting married is the number one goal of majority of women all over the world....a woman can have the whole wealth but if she is still single without a child, she will feel so unhappy and cheated by nature, it is not only applicable to Nigerian women but to all women of all races and it is not their fault, it is nature's making

2 Likes

Re: "40-year-old Woman Poisons Herself Due To Parental Pressure To Marry" - Lady by ImaIma1(f): 11:27am On Jul 12, 2018
MARRIAGE IS NOT DO OR DIE O.

PARENTS AND SOCIETY SHOULD STOP PUTTING PRESSURE ON THESE LADIES.

THEY WORRY ABOUT IT ALREADY. THEY DON'T NEED EVERYONE REFERRING TO IT.

I HAVE AUNTIES OF 45 AND ABOVE THAT ARE SINGLE AND I LOVE AND RESPECT THEM.

IT IS NOT A CURSE, NEITHER IS IT ALWAYS BECAUSE THEY WERE PICKY.

4 Likes

Re: "40-year-old Woman Poisons Herself Due To Parental Pressure To Marry" - Lady by OhiOfIhima: 11:28am On Jul 12, 2018
post=69297191:
Too bad for her.
She is living her life for others.
You can still be happy being single till the right man comes......one that won't batter you to death!
even if no man come, woman take it like dat... Marriage is not d ticket to reach heaven..

1 Like

Re: "40-year-old Woman Poisons Herself Due To Parental Pressure To Marry" - Lady by MrBrownJay1(m): 11:29am On Jul 12, 2018
dalaman:
He knows nothing. Am a German citizen and am presently living in Australia. Marriage or having children to most women is almost like a biological function. Many women will give up some luxury just to have a family. It is almost biological to them. All these women that keep sending money to Internet lovers that keep defrauding them are doing it because they are lonely and unfullfilled. He should come here are see how senior ladies (35 and above) are hustling for guys to either marry then or give them children. They'll even pay for it.

franchasng:
Don't mind him. They always think western women don't care about marriage. This is the same wack belief most Nigerian ladies have, and once they succeed in leaving Nigeria to either USA, UK, Canada, etc, yes they will succeed in making money and then they will realize that having all the money is not enough to make them happy and fulfilled, and you see them coming back to that same thing they forbid; seeking for marriage.

It is rampant in USA to see lots of single Nigerian ladies living waywardly out of frustration of being single at ripe age, reason you see most of them running back to Nigeria to find guys back in Nigeria to marry, I wonder where the guy lives.

Getting married is the number one goal of majority of women all over the world....a woman can have the whole wealth but if she is still single without a child, she will feel so unhappy and cheated by nature, it is not only applicable to Nigerian women but to all women of all races and it is not their fault, it is nature's making

see these two writing more rubbish.... pls, do tell me when have you ever heard of an EDUCATED woman commiting suicide because she was not married. bwaaaaaah! such nonsense can only happen in a deluded places where people view marriage as their salvation.

2 Likes

Re: "40-year-old Woman Poisons Herself Due To Parental Pressure To Marry" - Lady by Nobody: 11:38am On Jul 12, 2018
Whoever paid for her master's degree should send a debit note to her if she survives it. Fool!
Life is full of pressure. You have to manage the pressures.

No one should blame the parents.

Same way no one will blame the government for a young unemployed graduate who decides to lace his boots for an armed robbery team simply because government didnt give him employment.
Re: "40-year-old Woman Poisons Herself Due To Parental Pressure To Marry" - Lady by Nobody: 11:38am On Jul 12, 2018
The story says parental pressure not parental pressure to marry .

No one knows for sure why they pressured her. That she's single doesn't mean marriage is the only thing she could be pressured to do.

She might be a jobless leech and the parents are pressuring her to get a job with her M.sc to ease their burden.
Re: "40-year-old Woman Poisons Herself Due To Parental Pressure To Marry" - Lady by franchasng: 11:40am On Jul 12, 2018
MrBrownJay1:

see these two writing more rubbish.... pls, do tell me when have you ever heard of an EDUCATED woman commiting suicide because she was not married. bwaaaaaah! such nonsense can only happen in a deluded places where people view marriage as their salvation.
Mr. I-to-Know, please read this article here>>>>https://metro.co.uk/2015/02/11/woman-commits-suicide-because-she-was-unmarried-and-had-no-children-by-30-5058139/
Title: A ‘fantastic’ woman took her own life after struggling with the fact she was unmarried and had no children by the age of 30

This is white woman from UK undecided

Also read this: Being unmarried 'makes a woman a higher suicide risk>>>http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-522428/Being-unmarried-makes-woman-higher-suicide-risk.html

1 Like

Re: "40-year-old Woman Poisons Herself Due To Parental Pressure To Marry" - Lady by C0C0Bandicot(f): 11:45am On Jul 12, 2018
Na her masters degree no allow her marry?
Re: "40-year-old Woman Poisons Herself Due To Parental Pressure To Marry" - Lady by Nobody: 11:46am On Jul 12, 2018
dalaman:

False. A lady at 50 can't have children something that is an integral part of marriage.
Wake up. You've been asleep for too long.

1 Like

Re: "40-year-old Woman Poisons Herself Due To Parental Pressure To Marry" - Lady by Nobody: 11:49am On Jul 12, 2018
she poisoned herself not out of pressure to marry but guilt about the sh!t she has Done which is about to come to light. but still she is still telling lies with her suicide note!
Re: "40-year-old Woman Poisons Herself Due To Parental Pressure To Marry" - Lady by Shampoo77: 11:50am On Jul 12, 2018
Masters degree no mean sense, just imagine
metroid:

No sense at all
Re: "40-year-old Woman Poisons Herself Due To Parental Pressure To Marry" - Lady by adeniyisamuel59(m): 11:51am On Jul 12, 2018
adorablepepple:
When you ignore people who give you negative vibes, life becomes better and beautiful. She should have ignored and stay away from them. People who got married for a wrong reason are getting burnt daily mtcheeew....
And you think it is easy to ignore incessant blabbing and disturbances, even in subconscious you may not be at ease.
Re: "40-year-old Woman Poisons Herself Due To Parental Pressure To Marry" - Lady by MrBrownJay1(m): 11:52am On Jul 12, 2018
franchasng:
Mr. I-to-Know, please read this article here>>>>https://metro.co.uk/2015/02/11/woman-commits-suicide-because-she-was-unmarried-and-had-no-children-by-30-5058139/
Title: A ‘fantastic’ woman took her own life after struggling with the fact she was unmarried and had no children by the age of 30

This is white woman from UK undecided

CLAP FOR YOURSELF!!!!! you have found ONE deranged woman who commited suicide because she thought her boyfriend was cheating..... ok since you seem to live your life on fables hearsays, let me clarify that story for you.... the lady was depressed, she found notes from a girl on BF phone (thus believed her boyfriend cheated on her), and the next day she commited suicide....now tell me, do you really believe she did it because she was unmarried/childless, or because her partner was cheating on her?!?!?!?

here is again, the story, as told by the media:
[b] The day before Rachel was found last November 1, the couple went to her father's house to look after his dog while he was away. But in the morning, the couple had an argument over a text message Miss Gow had found on Mr Tsvarev's phone from someone else.

He said: "In the morning we both got up. I had my phone on charge in the bed room. She looked at it. She came into the living room very upset telling me to leave. She had found texts on my phone from someone. They were not out of the ordinary. She didn't see it that way."

Later that the day couple drove home to their house in Haslingden and Anton went out to visit a friend in Preston.

He said: "She was still upset when we arrived home. She was very agitated. This was not a new thing. I left the house at 13pm after picking some clothes as I decided to stay somewhere else for a while. I went to Preston to visit a friend."

He added: "I got a text from her wishing me the best for the future. It was common place after an argument so I didn't think anything of it."

However Mr Tsvarev "had a really bad feeling" so he decided to go back to Haslingden to see if everything was alright.

He said: "I went into the lounge. The lights were off but the fire was on. I could see her lying on the floor."[/b]
Re: "40-year-old Woman Poisons Herself Due To Parental Pressure To Marry" - Lady by tintingz(m): 11:52am On Jul 12, 2018
dalaman:

Tell me the people that get married and pray not to have a child or children assuming they've never had any before.
Childfree couples are rare but they exist, mostly in the west.

1 Like

Re: "40-year-old Woman Poisons Herself Due To Parental Pressure To Marry" - Lady by adeniyisamuel59(m): 11:54am On Jul 12, 2018
Quality20:
even at 50 a lady can still get married n enjoy. all d benefits of marriage
And I think you know the complication that comes with pregnancy at such age ranges. Mind you menopause syndrome may be knocking at the door already, it is not advisable.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Men, Do Not Lose A Good Woman!!! / 10 Things Guys Say When Caught Cheating / Is Your Girlfriend A Liability Or An Asset? Can She Do This?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 120
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.