Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,303 members, 7,836,318 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 04:43 AM

Romance, Bragging Rights And Fraudulent Nigerian Guys On Facebook - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Romance, Bragging Rights And Fraudulent Nigerian Guys On Facebook (1142 Views)

Kenyan Girl Has This To Say About Nigerian Guys / Irritating Things Nigerian Guys Do That Turn Ladies Off / 8 Ways Ladies Stylishly Punish Guys On First Date (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Romance, Bragging Rights And Fraudulent Nigerian Guys On Facebook by Orikinla(m): 3:25pm On Jun 13, 2010
Most people I know in Nigeria actually practice romance in pretence and do not really believe in love. They date and mate for bragging rights. I have seen buddies who bet and lure and pick up girls on Facebook to sleep with them over bragging rights.
I know two buddies who are fooling the same babe on Facebook without her knowing about it.
I have read about FRAUDULENT FACEBOOK GIRLS, BUT THE NIGERIAN GUYS DO WORSE THINGS ON FACEBOOK and they think they are having fun.
So, ego and pride drive most relationships in Nigeria and not LOVE.

1 Like

Re: Romance, Bragging Rights And Fraudulent Nigerian Guys On Facebook by SisiKill1: 3:34pm On Jun 13, 2010
Re: Romance, Bragging Rights And Fraudulent Nigerian Guys On Facebook by cold(m): 3:36pm On Jun 13, 2010
What if i may ask,is wrong with the picture you have painted.You like what you see,you meet/hook up  & eventually luv, if the chemistry is right.Abi ur own different.
As per the ego & bragging rights thang,it's human nature to xibit such xteristics.
Re: Romance, Bragging Rights And Fraudulent Nigerian Guys On Facebook by Scooby1(m): 3:44pm On Jun 13, 2010
Orikinla:

Most people I know in Nigeria actually practice romance in pretence and do not really believe in love. They date and mate for bragging rights. I have seen buddies who bet and lure and pick up girls on Facebook to sleep with them over bragging rights.
I know two buddies who are fooling the same babe on Facebook without her knowing about it.
I have read about FRAUDULENT FACEBOOK GIRLS, BUT THE NIGERIAN GUYS DO WORSE THINGS ON FACEBOOK and they think they are having fun.
So, ego and pride drive most relationships in Nigeria and not LOVE.

How do you know Nigerian guys do the worse things?
Did you survey/ research other countries to know what they are doing on facebook?
How many couples did you interview to conclude that ego and pride drives most relationships in Ngeria and not love?

Or you just felt like yarning bullshyte this afternoon !  angry angry angry angry angry
Re: Romance, Bragging Rights And Fraudulent Nigerian Guys On Facebook by cantell(m): 4:06pm On Jun 13, 2010
Scooby1:

How do you know Nigerian guys do the worse things?
Did you survey/ research other countries to know what they are doing on facebook?
How many couples did you interview to conclude that ego and pride drives most relationships in Ngeria and not love?

Or you just felt like yarning bullshyte this afternoon !  angry angry angry angry angry
No mind the fool.
He might be the one doing the scamming.
Re: Romance, Bragging Rights And Fraudulent Nigerian Guys On Facebook by skolele(m): 4:12pm On Jun 13, 2010
^^^^ Wetin happen na? OP collected your wife?

@ topic: a Daniel's come 2 judgement. . . OP's tryna equate gender slander, I guess! undecided
Re: Romance, Bragging Rights And Fraudulent Nigerian Guys On Facebook by Nobody: 7:36pm On Jun 13, 2010
cantell:

No mind the fool.
He might be the one doing the scamming.

Isn't it possible to conter-debate, without verbally abusing someone who's opinion happens to be different to yours?

If you feel the original poster's wrong in his findings, by all means, prove him wrong, but politely. Hurling abuse just kind of highlights your inability to have a civil conversation, unless your opinions match.

Enjoy what's left of your Sunday.
Re: Romance, Bragging Rights And Fraudulent Nigerian Guys On Facebook by cantell(m): 7:55pm On Jun 13, 2010
Siena:

Isn't it possible to conter-debate, without verbally abusing someone who's opinion happens to be different to yours?

If you feel the original poster's wrong in his findings, by all means, prove him wrong, but politely. Hurling abuse just kind of highlights your inability to have a civil conversation, unless your opinions match.

Enjoy what's left of your Sunday.
If i remember correctly, you're not the OP right?
Why drag ur tired a*ss into my business?
E be like say you dey like to drink panadol for anoda man headache.
Take your time.
To post no be by force.
Re: Romance, Bragging Rights And Fraudulent Nigerian Guys On Facebook by Nobody: 8:30pm On Jun 13, 2010
@poster
anyone using Facebook as a way to get to know someone has only themselves to blame when they get fooled by these guys that you hangout with.
i also suggest you hang out with better people and you may have a better view on life.
Re: Romance, Bragging Rights And Fraudulent Nigerian Guys On Facebook by Nobody: 8:35pm On Jun 13, 2010
cantell:

If i remember correctly, you're not the OP right?
Why drag your tired a*ss into my business?
E be like say you dey like to drink panadol for anoda man headache.
Take your time.
To post no be by force.

I'm not the original poster, no. But still, good manners cost nothing, which is something you truly need to learn.

As I said before, enjoy what's left of your Sunday.

PS: Take my time to where?
Re: Romance, Bragging Rights And Fraudulent Nigerian Guys On Facebook by cantell(m): 9:01pm On Jun 13, 2010
Siena:

PS: Take my time to where?
To your miserable life!
Re: Romance, Bragging Rights And Fraudulent Nigerian Guys On Facebook by cold(m): 9:04pm On Jun 13, 2010
cantell:

To your miserable life!
Is this neccessary?
Re: Romance, Bragging Rights And Fraudulent Nigerian Guys On Facebook by bluespice(f): 9:09pm On Jun 13, 2010
Sisi_Kill:

Re: Romance, Bragging Rights And Fraudulent Nigerian Guys On Facebook by Nobody: 9:14pm On Jun 13, 2010
cantell:

To your miserable life!

I'm glad I've really gotten to you. Your angry, hate-filled responses show just how unstable, and unpredictable you are. God help anyone who disagrees with you, or indeed points out your errors in person!
Re: Romance, Bragging Rights And Fraudulent Nigerian Guys On Facebook by cantell(m): 9:38pm On Jun 13, 2010
Siena:

I'm glad I've really gotten to you. Your angry, hate-filled responses show just how unstable, and unpredictable you are. God help anyone who disagrees with you, or indeed points out your errors in person!
So this is what you do? Get people angry?
Wouldn't be surprised if you're a sadist.
I don't need cargoes like you to point out my errors.
Remove the log in your own eye before trying to remove the speck in mine.
Re: Romance, Bragging Rights And Fraudulent Nigerian Guys On Facebook by Nobody: 9:45pm On Jun 13, 2010
cantell:

So this is what you do? Get people angry?
Wouldn't be surprised if you're a sadist.
I don't need cargoes like you to point out my errors.
Remove the log in your own eye before trying to remove the speck in mine.

Nope, you're the one getting your knickers in a twist. Why would anyone pointing out that being abusive to others is uncalled for get you angry? You've just confirmed my initial thoughts - you have anger issues, if polite correction gets you so mad, by your own admission. It's all in the emboldened part of your post.
Re: Romance, Bragging Rights And Fraudulent Nigerian Guys On Facebook by cantell(m): 10:02pm On Jun 13, 2010
Siena:

Nope, you're the one getting your knickers in a twist. Why would anyone pointing out that being abusive to others is uncalled for get you angry? You've just confirmed my initial thoughts - you have anger issues, if polite correction gets you so mad, by your own admission. It's all in the emboldened part of your post.
I have anger issues abi?
Go to the sports section and tell that to one mofo called sagamite.
Once you review his posts & compare with mine, you'll gladly call me a saint.
I don't care what people say cos if i did, i wouldn't have being here.
So long.
Re: Romance, Bragging Rights And Fraudulent Nigerian Guys On Facebook by Nobody: 10:20pm On Jun 13, 2010
cantell:

I don't care what people say cos if i did, i wouldn't have being here.

Of course you care what people say, else you wouldn't get so mad. It's human nature to care what others feel or say about them, it's what makes us what / whom we are.

Human emotions.
Re: Romance, Bragging Rights And Fraudulent Nigerian Guys On Facebook by femmy2010(m): 10:33pm On Jun 13, 2010
Statistics used to arive at ur conclusion on 9ja guys on FB is like a miniskirt.they give give an idea but still hide the main thing.SO I SAY A NO TO D FACT DAT THE GUYS ARE WORST.
Re: Romance, Bragging Rights And Fraudulent Nigerian Guys On Facebook by kech(f): 1:20am On Jun 14, 2010
undecided undecided I'm still trying to figure out what this thread is all about undecided undecided
Re: Romance, Bragging Rights And Fraudulent Nigerian Guys On Facebook by nollywood20: 4:55pm On Jan 01, 2013
[size=18pt]Lagos — The Police in Lagos on Monday arrested a Facebook lover for defrauding his lover of N200,000.

The Police said in Lagos that the suspect posed as a medical doctor to enable him swindle his unsuspected facebook girl- friend. The suspect claimed he would use the amount to secure a job for her with the Nigerian Customs Service.

Parading the suspect (names withheld), the Police spokesperson, Lagos state Police Command, Ms Ngozi Briaide, said the accused was arrested and charged to court about three years ago for a similar offence.

Ngozi stated that the police could not immediately explain how he was freed in court without being convicted, noting that the suspect had become a serial fraudster who was in the habit of defrauding young girls.

According to her, the 36-year- old suspect was arrested after one out of the latest five victims complained to the Police on Nov. 15, adding that the suspect was thereafter arrested on Dec. 23 by detectives from Ogudu Division.[/size]

Read complete report on http://allafrica.com/stories/201301010005.html

(1) (Reply)

Is It Right To Runaway With Him? / Pregnancy And Relationships / Men And Women Can Not Be Friends!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.