Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,276 members, 7,811,811 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 08:12 PM

Can Atheists Prove God Does Not Exist? - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Can Atheists Prove God Does Not Exist? (15519 Views)

Is There A Way To Prove God Exist Apart From The Scripture? / Can Atheists Explain Why… / "You Can't Prove God Is Real." Can You? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can Atheists Prove God Does Not Exist? by Nobody: 8:20am On Sep 20, 2018
jokerr:
I will appreciate it if u can list a few.
If you're expecting intelligent creatures like humans to think and act in orderliness despite having different thoughts and feelings surely you're indirectly saying their should be a higher intelligent unseen force behind the scene (God). Scientists never saw black holes, gravity and air but because of the effectiveness of these things they've concluded that they exist! So if you're saying other intelligent creatures like you are not reasonable simply because they're thinking towards anyone direction definitely you believe these intelligent creatures should have a common force driving or guiding their intellect (God). wink wink wink
Re: Can Atheists Prove God Does Not Exist? by jokerr(m): 8:54am On Sep 20, 2018
TATIME:
If you're expecting intelligent creatures like humans to think and act in orderliness despite having different thoughts and feelings surely you're indirectly saying their should be a higher intelligent unseen force behind the scene (God). Scientists never saw black holes, gravity and air but because of the effectiveness of these things they've concluded that they exist! So if you're saying other intelligent creatures like you are not reasonable simply because they're thinking towards anyone direction definitely you believe these intelligent creatures should have a common force driving or guiding their intellect (God). wink wink wink
what you are saying makes no sense. Human morality is not brought into existence by God or the Bible. We do not require a commandment to tell us that killing is wrong, and we do not need the threat of eternal damnation to make us do what is right.

1 Like

Re: Can Atheists Prove God Does Not Exist? by Nobody: 9:54am On Sep 20, 2018
jokerr:
what you are saying makes no sense. Human morality is not brought into existence by God or the Bible. We do not require a commandment to tell us that killing is wrong, and we do not need the threat of eternal damnation to make us do what is right.
Hmmmmmmmmmm you're still mixing it all up my friend,it supposed to be one step at a time! I never mentioned BIBLE, what i'm saying is "if you strongly believe that all intelligent creatures like you must agree that killing is wrong,whereas each person has a brain that's working independently of a remote control. Then you're advocating for a higher intelligent being or an unseen superior form of force gravitating that (God)!"

1 Like

Re: Can Atheists Prove God Does Not Exist? by Nobody: 10:04am On Sep 20, 2018
jokerr:
You have a friendly,charming and sexy looking daughter of 16,with seductive eyes. Who will tell a young man of 25 not to lure her into sleeping with her apart from you "the father" Of course the only reason for your objection is because you're seeing her as an investment and not yet ripe for MARRIAGE! She's a grown up that can easily say "daddy,i'm not interested in your overprotective measures,i'm a big girl now" So tell me what will make observers around you to agree with your objection? Since the girl in question is ready for adventure. undecided undecided undecided
Re: Can Atheists Prove God Does Not Exist? by Nobody: 11:06am On Sep 20, 2018
Re: Can Atheists Prove God Does Not Exist? by sonmvayina(m): 11:34am On Sep 20, 2018
OLAADEGBU:

What are his attributes? undecided

Omnipresent, omnipotent and omniscient.
Re: Can Atheists Prove God Does Not Exist? by jokerr(m): 1:33pm On Sep 20, 2018
TATIME:
Hmmmmmmmmmm you're still mixing it all up my friend,it supposed to be one step at a time! I never mentioned BIBLE, what i'm saying is "if you strongly believe that all intelligent creatures like you must agree that killing is wrong,whereas each person has a brain that's working independently of a remote control. Then you're advocating for a higher intelligent being or an unseen superior form of force gravitating that (God)!"
whats your point exactly?, cuz humans having independent control of themselves doesn't prove d existence of a superior force or power..
Re: Can Atheists Prove God Does Not Exist? by Nobody: 1:58pm On Sep 20, 2018
jokerr:
whats your point exactly?, cuz humans having independent control of themselves doesn't prove d existence of a superior force or power..
You need to fully understand the meaning of the title "GOD". It's someone or something in who's absence makes intelligent creatures with independent thoughts to obey certain instructions. Ants,fishes,birds and other creatures of the same kind do things in common because they have the same goal which is eating ,mating and sleeping.That's why they prey on one another in the jungle without someone giving them RULES. But intelligent creatures like humans can't think alike because we have different opinions,goals and views, so your expectation of something to motivate our thoughts towards the same end is tantamount to the demand for a powerful,higher intelligent being or unseen supernatural force "GOD"! That's why i said the evidence is all around you but you only need someone to help you grasp and see it. Unless you think that there shouldn't be anything like peace and security, then i'll take it up from another point of view. As long as you are saying intelligent creatures like you with divers reasoning can become a law within themselves my friend you're definitely an excellent example of an advocate of "GOD". Romans 2:14,15
Re: Can Atheists Prove God Does Not Exist? by LordReed(m): 5:08pm On Sep 20, 2018
Damn! I now understand why the old testament seemed so messed up: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yahweh

EDIT: In fact it explains why Christianity sounds like a pantheon of gods.
Re: Can Atheists Prove God Does Not Exist? by malvisguy212: 11:07pm On Sep 20, 2018
LordReed:
Damn! I now understand why the old testament seemed so messed up: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yahweh

EDIT: In fact it explains why Christianity sounds like a pantheon of gods.
this is not the the first time the bible is being attack, nor the last time.......the disciples face similar attack, and this attack has been going on ever since, STILL , the word of God stand. keep it up boy.
Re: Can Atheists Prove God Does Not Exist? by killsmith(f): 11:29pm On Sep 20, 2018
When it comes to abstract concepts that lack universal and univocal definition e.g nothing, God, life etc, logic is bound to fail Because it's from these definitions we get hypothesis, premises and antecedents. How can we be sure that our hypothesis, premise and antecedents are correct when we do not even understand the abstract concepts? How can we be sure that whatever statements we deduce from our hypothesis are correct? This is the why the biggest problem of logic is language. This is why we might never be able to prove or disprove claims of existence of concepts we have no standard definition for. This is why atheists might never be able to disprove the existence of God and why Christians might not be able to prove God's existence. No need wasting your time. All philosophy is just mental masturbation.
Re: Can Atheists Prove God Does Not Exist? by killsmith(f): 11:33pm On Sep 20, 2018
But then, I don't blame people who resort to belief when logic fails. Humans will do anything to escape freedom. Faith is healthy. Faith is the first step to discovery. What is wrong, or should I say what is the problem, is organized religion.

1 Like

Re: Can Atheists Prove God Does Not Exist? by Nobody: 1:08am On Sep 21, 2018
killsmith:
But then, I don't blame people who resort to belief when logic fails. Humans will do anything to escape freedom. Faith is healthy. Faith is the first step to discovery. What is wrong, or should I say what is the problem, is organized religion.
Someone unseen is manipulating things behind the scene! That's why you're seeing religion as the problem. Pure worship supposed to be a source of blessing in the society but an unseen supernatural force is causing confusion so that ignorant people with less intelligence or permit me to say "carefree spirit" will mix pure worship along with false and categorise all as one "religion". If you've been a victim of crime or prejudice who will you blame? Of course most will blame God! Because they'll assume "if truly HE exists, what is HE doing or where was HE when all these are happening?". Well,that's exactly how the unseen enemy wants you to feel! So if you think the human society with billions of intelligent creatures moving to and fro,having different motives,thoughts and ideas needs to be well organized, then you're advocating for a higher intelligent being "God".
Re: Can Atheists Prove God Does Not Exist? by LordReed(m): 3:18am On Sep 21, 2018
malvisguy212:
this is not the the first time the bible is being attack, nor the last time.......the disciples face similar attack, and this attack has been going on ever since, STILL , the word of God stand. keep it up boy.

LoL, do you even have an idea of how the Bible came to be? Do you imagine God handed a book to the Israelites or to the disciples of Jesus? Go and find out how the Bible came to be, before you make any pronouncements.

1 Like

Re: Can Atheists Prove God Does Not Exist? by killsmith(f): 9:17am On Sep 21, 2018
TATIME:
Someone unseen is manipulating things behind the scene! That's why you're seeing religion as the problem. Pure worship supposed to be a source of blessing in the society but an unseen supernatural force is causing confusion so that ignorant people with less intelligence or permit me to say "carefree spirit" will mix pure worship along with false and categorise all as one "religion". If you've been a victim of crime or prejudice who will you blame? Of course most will blame God! Because they'll assume "if truly HE exists, what is HE doing or where was HE when all these are happening?". Well,that's exactly how the unseen enemy wants you to feel! So if you think the human society with billions of intelligent creatures moving to and fro,having different motives,thoughts and ideas needs to be well organized, then you're advocating for a higher intelligent being "God".
That was a weak defence for the existence of God. How do you know there's an unseen enemy? The concept of unseen enemy is a product of organized religion. That is what your pastor (your fellow man undecided) sells to you to extort you. Man is its own enemy. Speaking of the order and balance of life and nature, You Underrate what chaos and disorderliness can birth.

1 Like

Re: Can Atheists Prove God Does Not Exist? by Nobody: 9:35am On Sep 21, 2018
killsmith:
That was a weak defence for the existence of God. How do you know there's an unseen enemy? The concept of unseen enemy is a product of organized religion. That is what your pastor (your fellow man undecided) sells to you to extort you. Man is its own enemy. Speaking of the order and balance of life and nature, You Underrate what chaos and disorderliness can birth.
Hmmmmmmmmmm so how do you think billions of intelligent creatures from different nationalities, background and culture be well organized so that there won't be conflict? Because according to the ONLY book that gave a record of events before the era of religion (Bible). Humans finds it hard to coexist in peace, the Bible explains that most people do harmful things according to their might or strength so that there was chaos everywhere. But let's discard it's records and use our own sense, did you think an intelligent creature like you can agree with you on certain issues even when he/she has plans to which such an agreement could be a hindrance? For instance, Your babygirl is 18 and a neighbor 32 is taking advantage of her inexperience, how do you prove him wrong since the girl in question is an adult too?
Re: Can Atheists Prove God Does Not Exist? by killsmith(f): 9:46am On Sep 21, 2018
TATIME:
Hmmmmmmmmmm so how do you think billions of intelligent creatures from different nationalities, background and culture be well organized so that there won't be conflict?
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chaos_theory

TATIME:
Because according to the ONLY book that gave a record of events before the era of religion (Bible). Humans finds it hard to coexist in peace, the Bible explains that most people do harmful things according to their might or strength so that there was chaos everywhere. But let's discard it's records and use our own sense, did you think an intelligent creature like you can agree with you on certain issues even when he/she has plans to which such an agreement could be a hindrance?
There are far older religion than Christianity. Moreover, there are no references to prove that the bibles version of history is accurate.

@bolded, of course not, humans will likely put their interests above anything else. And what does it have to do with the topic?

TATIME:
For instance, Your babygirl is 18 and a neighbor 32 is taking advantage of her inexperience, how do you prove him wrong since the girl in question is an adult too?
morality is an illusion. There's no right or wrong. Just popular opinion.

1 Like

Re: Can Atheists Prove God Does Not Exist? by akeensbussy(m): 10:12am On Sep 21, 2018
doubledx9ja:

The sacrifice is for the salvation of humanity, however, the blood speaks only for those who confess and believe in Christ Jesus!

Do you believe in Christ? If yes, then surrender to him, get baptised and let his blood speak for you; that all a Christian needs!

Delusion everywhere....A goat or a lamb was killed to appease the god for the sin of the villagers...After the goat or the lamb has been killed, then the villagers must accept that the goat or the lamb was killed because of their sin before the god can forgive them.

4 Likes

Re: Can Atheists Prove God Does Not Exist? by tosyne2much(m): 1:42pm On Sep 21, 2018
solite3:
atheism is illogical what other evidence that there is God.
the creation is enough for those that have eyes to see.
What I see here is that nobody knows how the earth was created.. We just found ourselves on this earth and that's the way it will continue to be
Even the writers of the Bible are ignorant of the creation of the earth.. All they could talk about is the water, moon, star darkness and day

1 Like

Re: Can Atheists Prove God Does Not Exist? by JeromeBlack: 2:00pm On Sep 21, 2018
tosyne2much:
What I see here is that nobody knows how the earth was created.. We just found ourselves on this earth and that's the way it will continue to be
Even the writers of the Bible are ignorant of the creation of the earth.. All they could talk about is the water, moon, star darkness and day

grin

I remember when Mr Tosyne2much was a strong Christian.

He has now progressed to a woke level.
Re: Can Atheists Prove God Does Not Exist? by tosyne2much(m): 2:05pm On Sep 21, 2018
JeromeBlack:

grin

I remember when Mr Tosyne2much was a strong Christian.

He has now progressed to a woke level.
[i] Hahaha.. Seriously, it takes boldness and logical mind to break free from the bond of religion.. It's more of a curse than a blessing in this part of the world.

Check this country, nothing is working out fine.. Killing here and there.. The truth is that, religion doesn't deserve the attention we give it in this part of the world.. The more reason why we are backward

2 Likes

Re: Can Atheists Prove God Does Not Exist? by JeromeBlack: 2:17pm On Sep 21, 2018
tosyne2much:
[i] Hahaha.. Seriously, it takes boldness and logical mind to break free from the bond of religion.. It's more of a curse than a blessing in this part of the world.

Check this country, nothing is working out fine.. Killing here and there.. The truth is that, religion doesn't deserve the attention we give it in this part of the world.. The more reason why we are backward

You're saying the truth, bro.

If millions of Nigerians spend their time on physical solutions rather than looking for miracles, this country bwould be better

1 Like

Re: Can Atheists Prove God Does Not Exist? by tosyne2much(m): 2:22pm On Sep 21, 2018
JeromeBlack:

If millions of Nigerians spend their time on physical solutions rather than looking for miracles, this country bwould be better
Every country that puts religion first can't see the daylight.. I believe religion is one of the tool the whites used to enslave our forefathers

Look at what's happening in the world of today, you will never see people killing themselves for Oduduwa or Sango.. Even if they do, it's very minimal compared to how people kill themselves for Islam and Christianity... Even our own local religion is more of a peaceful religion than these foreign religions
Re: Can Atheists Prove God Does Not Exist? by budaatum: 2:26pm On Sep 21, 2018
TATIME:
Then you're advocating for a higher intelligent being or an unseen superior form of force gravitating that (God)!"
We don't actually rely on a "higher intelligent being or an unseen superior form of force gravitating" to stop people murdering one another. We set the law on them!

1 Like

Re: Can Atheists Prove God Does Not Exist? by budaatum: 2:31pm On Sep 21, 2018
killsmith:
When it comes to abstract concepts that lack universal and univocal definition e.g nothing, God, life etc, logic is bound to fail Because it's from these definitions we get hypothesis, premises and antecedents. How can we be sure that our hypothesis, premise and antecedents are correct when we do not even understand the abstract concepts? How can we be sure that whatever statements we deduce from our hypothesis are correct? This is the why the biggest problem of logic is language. This is why we might never be able to prove or disprove claims of existence of concepts we have no standard definition for. This is why atheists might never be able to disprove the existence of God and why Christians might not be able to prove God's existence. No need wasting your time. All philosophy is just mental masturbation.
The problem is not language, but personal understanding!

People should learn to take responsibility for their own ignorance or lack of comprehension!
Re: Can Atheists Prove God Does Not Exist? by LordReed(m): 2:31pm On Sep 21, 2018
JeromeBlack:

Sad fact is religion offers a relatively easy way out. The devil is causing you to be sick and poor, pray to God to deliver you but meanwhile just give a token amount of the blessing you are expecting from god. Its almost like a lottery or gamble but with the assurance the divine powers are backing you.

Imagine someone comparing the complexity of figuring out orbital mechanics to wishing on a magic sky daddy, you just know people have been sold a pile of empty promises, leaving the very things they can accomplish and appreciate.
Re: Can Atheists Prove God Does Not Exist? by Nobody: 2:59pm On Sep 21, 2018
budaatum:

We don't actually rely on a "higher intelligent being or an unseen superior form of force gravitating" to stop people murdering one another. We set the law on them!
Yes! Humans set the laws, that's why constitutions differs from one country to another and people setting those laws favor those they love leading to prejudice which in turn leads to anger which in turn leads to disagreement which in turn leads to WAR! You can't travel to America now as a friendly neighbor because of human laws, you'll need a visa since you're not an American.
Re: Can Atheists Prove God Does Not Exist? by budaatum: 3:02pm On Sep 21, 2018
TATIME:
Yes! Humans set the laws, that's why constitutions differs from one country to another and people setting those laws favor those they love leading to prejudice which in turn leads to anger which in turn leads to disagreement which in turn leads to WAR! You can't travel to America now as a friendly neighbor because of human laws, you'll need a visa since you're not an American.
And how is that a bad thing? Would you like it if some people impose their version of God's law on you?

1 Like

Re: Can Atheists Prove God Does Not Exist? by JeromeBlack: 3:40pm On Sep 21, 2018
LordReed:

Sad fact is religion offers a relatively easy way out. The devil is causing you to be sick and poor, pray to God to deliver you but meanwhile just give a token amount of the blessing you are expecting from god. Its almost like a lottery or gamble but with the assurance the divine powers are backing you.

Imagine someone comparing the complexity of figuring out orbital mechanics to wishing on a magic sky daddy, you just know people have been sold a pile of empty promises, leaving the very things they can accomplish and appreciate.

The only way religious and superstitious nonsense will die is if we act and inform people
Re: Can Atheists Prove God Does Not Exist? by LordReed(m): 4:41pm On Sep 21, 2018
JeromeBlack:

The only way religious and superstitious nonsense will die is if we act and inform people

Plus as more people see that the whole thing is just a bag of empty promises, hopefully they change their minds because believe me the indoctrination is very strong.
Re: Can Atheists Prove God Does Not Exist? by killsmith(f): 4:57pm On Sep 21, 2018
budaatum:

The problem is not language, but personal understanding!

People should learn to take responsibility for their own ignorance or lack of comprehension!
ignorance and lack of comprehension of what?
Re: Can Atheists Prove God Does Not Exist? by Nobody: 6:01pm On Sep 21, 2018
budaatum:

And how is that a bad thing? Would you like it if some people impose their version of God's law on you?
Not imposing but coming to terms on what's right or wrong! Before religion was introduced, there was hatred, crime, oppression and prejudice, so it's not religion that gave birth to those things they're already existing before the introduction of religion!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply)

What Happens To Those Who Did Evil To Fulfill The Scriptures ? / Why Do People Name Their Children 'jacob'. Is The Name Even Good? / How Do You Feel When You Fall Under The Anointing

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.