Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,315 members, 7,811,940 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:14 AM

Can Atheists Prove God Does Not Exist? - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Can Atheists Prove God Does Not Exist? (15529 Views)

Is There A Way To Prove God Exist Apart From The Scripture? / Can Atheists Explain Why… / "You Can't Prove God Is Real." Can You? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can Atheists Prove God Does Not Exist? by LordReed(m): 3:29am On Sep 22, 2018
TATIME:
You first need to know What or Who is God? Before asking What caused God? You shouldn't be asking what caused something unexplainable! Well let me enlighten you a bit. Have you ever seen two intelligent creatures of different gender following themselves like lovebirds even after beating each other brutally and mercilessly they still grab each other like never before just for passion and mating? That's because they're both worshippers of the same god(sexual appetite) and there is nothing anyone can say or do to stop them from worshipping their god,they're ready to do away with anything for their god. The same way you'll hear of some killing innocent people and rejoicing over the shed of innocent blood,because their god is (blood thirsty) even whoever decides to have a change of heart amongst them will be sacrificed to appease their blood thirsty god. So when you're saying intelligent creatures like you should think or do something in common with dedication, an English dictionary refers to such as "religiously" meaning there is an unseen superior force gravitating such unity "GOD"!

If you won't be answering the question then don't bother responding. What caused God is a simple enough question to understand.
Re: Can Atheists Prove God Does Not Exist? by Nobody: 3:43am On Sep 22, 2018
LordReed:

If you won't be answering the question then don't bother responding. What caused God is a simple enough question to understand.
God's servants aren't lazy with the use of our brains as the SPIRIT driving atheism taught your folks. You people claims that those who profess to believe in God are lazy in making research but on the contrary it's your faculty that's lazy in reasoning. So don't ever again say believers are lazy in making research because our brains are filled with indisputable wisdom from above (Isaiah 54:17)that surpasses all the documents ever written by uninspired mere mortals like you. wink wink wink KNOWLEDGE is just the "accumulation of useful information" God's servants aren't disputing that you don't have it. But WISDOM is the "practical applications of accumulated information for lasting benefits" we're 100% sure you can never have this if you're not a believer! That's why you often ridicule false believers EASILY, but if you face a true Christian all your faculty will be intimidated due to the power of higher intellect backing us "GOD"! So farewell my friend wink wink wink
Re: Can Atheists Prove God Does Not Exist? by LordReed(m): 5:16am On Sep 22, 2018
TATIME:
God's servants aren't lazy with the use of our brains as the SPIRIT driving atheism taught your folks. You people claims that those who profess to believe in God are lazy in making research but on the contrary it's your faculty that's lazy in reasoning. So don't ever again say believers are lazy in making research because our brains are filled with indisputable wisdom from above (Isaiah 54:17)that surpasses all the documents ever written by uninspired mere mortals like you. wink wink wink KNOWLEDGE is just the "accumulation of useful information" God's servants aren't disputing that you don't have it. But WISDOM is the "practical applications of accumulated information for lasting benefits" we're 100% sure you can never have this if you're not a believer! That's why you often ridicule false believers EASILY, but if you face a true Christian all your faculty will be intimidated due to the power of higher intellect backing us "GOD"! So farewell my friend wink wink wink

LoL! You should have just said you don't know, not this long story you are laying out. Your intellect is not the question, what caused God, since everything must have a cause according to you folk. I don't know, is a much shorter and valid answer. LMFAO!
Re: Can Atheists Prove God Does Not Exist? by Nobody: 5:59am On Sep 22, 2018
LordReed:

LoL! You should have just said you don't know, not this long story you are laying out. Your intellect is not the question, what caused God, since everything must have a cause according to you folk. I don't know, is a much shorter and valid answer. LMFAO!
Do i hear you say Long story? Wonders shall never end! Atheists whose ideology is to argue tirelessly before coming to terms on uncomplicated issues suddenly becomes tired of debating and referring to deepen thoughts as long story. cheesy cheesy cheesy My friend "he who pose a thought provoking question should be prepared to entertain a thought provoking response". The thread says "Can atheists prove God doesn't exist?" Someone said "God caused everything to be" and you asked "what caused God?" Please it's not all short questions that could be solved with short answers, ask mathematicians and they'll testify to that! My response is not just to you alone but to all those following the thread, so if you've become speechless regarding the debate about the existence of God you're free to retreat. wink wink wink
Re: Can Atheists Prove God Does Not Exist? by Nobody: 6:15am On Sep 22, 2018
killsmith:
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chaos_theory
There are far older religion than Christianity. Moreover, there are no references to prove that the bibles version of history is accurate.
@bolded, of course not, humans will likely put their interests above anything else. And what does it have to do with the topic?
morality is an illusion. There's no right or wrong. Just popular opinion.
(1) "There are far older religion than Christianity" please don't tell me you agree with documents written before the Bible's compilation because if you do then you're contradicting yourself since you don't want to agree or trust old documents. undecided (2)"humans will likely put their interests above anything else" so why did you say we can know what's right or wrong when each and everyone has "personal interests" which could often lead to strife if pursued without consideration for others.(3) "Morality is an illusion" "there is no right or wrong, Just popular opinion" you're shooting yourself in the foot because this statement totally contradicts what you said earlier "we can live without religion" so if the popular opinion in your location differs from another, how do you think both community can coexist in peace? For your information the main significance of religion is to harmonize thoughts and feelings in different locations in other to have a COMMON opinion!
Re: Can Atheists Prove God Does Not Exist? by LordReed(m): 6:19am On Sep 22, 2018
TATIME:
Do i hear you say Long story? Wonders shall never end! Atheists whose ideology is to argue tirelessly before coming to terms on uncomplicated issues suddenly becomes tired of debating and referring to deepen thoughts as long story. cheesy cheesy cheesy My friend "he who pose a thought provoking question should be prepared to entertain a thought provoking response". The thread says "Can atheists prove God doesn't exist?" Someone said "God caused everything to be" and you asked "what caused God?" Please it's not all short questions that could be solved with short answers, ask mathematicians and they'll testify to that! My response is not just to you alone but to all those following the thread, so if you've become speechless regarding the debate about the existence of God you're free to retreat. wink wink wink

LoL! You really do love rambling but I don't get easily distracted. What caused God?
Re: Can Atheists Prove God Does Not Exist? by Nobody: 6:27am On Sep 22, 2018
LordReed:

LoL! You really do love rambling but I don't get easily distracted. What caused God?
Well your question will definitely lead to digression from the main topic "Can atheists prove God doesn't exist?" So to avoid distracting followers please stick to the topic. wink wink wink
Re: Can Atheists Prove God Does Not Exist? by orisa37: 7:17am On Sep 22, 2018
OLAADEGBU:

Why do they then assert that He does not exist? undecided

Can't cope!
Re: Can Atheists Prove God Does Not Exist? by LordReed(m): 7:19am On Sep 22, 2018
TATIME:
Well your question will definitely lead to digression from the main topic "Can atheists prove God doesn't exist?" So to avoid distracting followers please stick to the topic. wink wink wink

LoL! Your rambling answers are the digression. My question is right on topic. What caused God?
Re: Can Atheists Prove God Does Not Exist? by Emusan(m): 8:25am On Sep 22, 2018
LordReed:
LoL, you have resurfaced? You didn't answer my response to you but want to answer this one. I guess you actually believe in multiple gods then. LMFAO!

I will check the post and I didn't see your mention.

If you say God is uncaused then a similar argument can be made for the universe, the universe is uncaused. It is better cos we do not see the influences of any gods in this universe.

You know yourself that the universe can't be uncaused i.e create itself.
Re: Can Atheists Prove God Does Not Exist? by Emusan(m): 8:49am On Sep 22, 2018
LordReed:
When you ask someone "Do you believe in God?" are you not asking if they accept his existence?

Hmmmmm and this supposed to be an intelligent question to you?

No I'm not asking ONLY if they accept His existence BUT putting their absolute trust in His sovereignty.

Though, the question can be just about the existence (For Atheist) but this is not so for Theist. That's why you can't see even a Muslim saying Christian don't have God but rather worshipping the wrong/fake god.
Re: Can Atheists Prove God Does Not Exist? by LordReed(m): 8:54am On Sep 22, 2018
Emusan:

I will check the post and I didn't see your mention.

Emusan:

Does ACCEPTING their EXISTENCE mean I BELIEVE IN THEM?
LordReed:

When you ask someone "Do you believe in God?" are you not asking if they accept his existence?

That's the chain just incase you claim not to have seen it.

You know yourself that the universe can't be uncaused i.e create itself.

I know no such thing. You make a claim for your god and I ask you why that claim cannot be held for the universe as there is NO EVIDENCE for any sort of god.
Re: Can Atheists Prove God Does Not Exist? by Nobody: 8:56am On Sep 22, 2018
LordReed:

LoL! Your rambling answers are the digression. My question is right on topic. What caused God?
If there is no matter there won't be any need to demand for a CAUSE,you are a living creature on the only planet filled with life amidst billions of galaxies that no life has been found. And on your planet home, there exists other creatures living on instinct. If you don't know how all these came about, then you have no tangible argument to contradict the only reasonable idea for the CAUSE "God" wink wink wink
Re: Can Atheists Prove God Does Not Exist? by LordReed(m): 8:56am On Sep 22, 2018
Emusan:

Hmmmmm and this supposed to be an intelligent question to you?

No I'm not asking ONLY if they accept His existence BUT putting their absolute trust in His sovereignty.

Though, the question can be just about the existence (For Atheist) but this is not so for Theist. That's why you can't see even a Muslim saying Christian don't have God but rather worshipping the wrong/fake god.

Wait, you believe that Sango exists but don't believe he can do stuff is that what you are saying?
Re: Can Atheists Prove God Does Not Exist? by LordReed(m): 9:02am On Sep 22, 2018
TATIME:
If there is no matter there won't be any need to demand for a CAUSE,you are a living creature on the only planet filled with life amidst billions of galaxies that no life has been found. And on your planet home, there exists other creatures living on instinct. If you don't know how all these came about, then you have no tangible argument to contradict the only reasonable idea for the CAUSE "God" wink wink wink

Still not answering my question, what caused God? You claim everything that exists must have a cause. You claim God exists therefore God must a cause. Answer the question and stop beating about the Bush. I already said I will accept an 'I don't know'.
Re: Can Atheists Prove God Does Not Exist? by Nobody: 9:12am On Sep 22, 2018
LordReed:

Still not answering my question, what caused God? You claim everything that exists must have a cause. You claim God exists therefore God must a cause. Answer the question and stop beating about the Bush. I already said I will accept an 'I don't know'.
My response is not for only you but for all followers of the thread so you're not in the position to dictate how i should respond! Remember there are billions of other intelligent creatures like you on this planet, If a response seems confusing or complicated to you there are other intelligent creatures following that could see reasons with all sought of response. wink wink wink
Re: Can Atheists Prove God Does Not Exist? by killsmith(f): 9:26am On Sep 22, 2018
TATIME:
(1) "There are far older religion than Christianity" please don't tell me you agree with documents written before the Bible's compilation because if you do then you're contradicting yourself since you don't want to agree or trust old documents. undecided
There are old books whose sources or origin can be traced or verified. E.g Egyptian
Book of the dead, Euclid's elements of geometry etc. I don't think you can trace the origin of the Bible. Moreover, you misunderstood me. That I said there's no way to verify the accuracy of the bibles version of history doesn't mean I don't trust the Bible. There are two different things. Read well so you can understand me.

TATIME:

(2)"humans will likely put their interests above anything else" so why did you say we can know what's right or wrong when each and everyone has "personal interests" which could often lead to strife if pursued without consideration for others.
When did I say so? stop misquoting me if you cannot read and understand properly.

TATIME:

(3) "Morality is an illusion" "there is no right or wrong, Just popular opinion" you're shooting yourself in the foot because this statement totally contradicts what you said earlier "we can live without religion" so if the popular opinion in your location differs from another, how do you think both community can coexist in peace? For your information the main significance of religion is to harmonize thoughts and feelings in different locations in other to have a COMMON opinion!
you keep misquoting me. You keep painting religion as the source of all morality. Morality and religion are two distinct things. You can have one without the other. You have a lot to learn.

The main reason for religion is to keep you under control like sheeps. That is why you Christians feel threatened when asked questions like, "why did God impregnate another man's wife if he respects marriage?".... Religion is a tool that shackles your thinking....

3 Likes

Re: Can Atheists Prove God Does Not Exist? by LordReed(m): 10:16am On Sep 22, 2018
TATIME:
My response is not for only you but for all followers of the thread so you're not in the position to dictate how i should respond! Remember there are billions of other intelligent creatures like you on this planet, If a response seems confusing or complicated to you there are other intelligent creatures following that could see reasons with all sought of response. wink wink wink

LoL! You can answer anyway you like but if you don't answer the question, it still stands. What caused God?
Re: Can Atheists Prove God Does Not Exist? by Emusan(m): 10:19am On Sep 22, 2018
LordReed:

Wait, you believe that Sango exists but don't believe he can do stuff is that what you are saying?

Is this how intelligent you are?

I believe Sango exists but Sango isn't a SOVEREIGN GOD.

How is simple English difficult for you like this

Does this put me and you in the same category?

You neither believe in the existence of Sango/any god nor their sovereignty...
Re: Can Atheists Prove God Does Not Exist? by Emusan(m): 10:25am On Sep 22, 2018
LordReed:
I know no such thing. You make a claim for your god and I ask you why that claim cannot be held for the universe as there is NO EVIDENCE for any sort of god.

No evidence for any sort of god by who, you or me?

What I said is universe can't create itself, if you know it can, proof me wrong.
Re: Can Atheists Prove God Does Not Exist? by LordReed(m): 10:28am On Sep 22, 2018
Emusan:

Is this how intelligent you are?

I believe Sango exists but Sango isn't a SOVEREIGN GOD.

How is simple English difficult for you like this

Does this put me and you in the same category?

You neither believe in the existence of Sango/any god nor their sovereignty...

LoL! Which one is this sophistry you are on? You believe Sango exists ergo you believe in multiple gods, what is hard in it for you to understand? Whether you only put trust in one is irrelevant, you literally believe there are multiple gods. You can use sophistry all you want, this is what you believe.
Re: Can Atheists Prove God Does Not Exist? by LordReed(m): 10:38am On Sep 22, 2018
Emusan:

No evidence for any sort of god by who, you or me?

What I said is universe can't create itself, if you know it can, proof me wrong.

LoL. Feel free to produce evidence for any god.

You don't know how the universe was created but you refuse to admit it, you just "believe" that God created it. What then created God since it can not create itself has stuck in your throat.

Unlike you, I freely admit to not knowing anything before the big bang. It is well established that the universe is expanding and thus was smaller than it is now, alot smaller. What the conditions were before the expansion is unknown.

You are free to imagine a god created it but also admit you have no evidence nor do you know what created a god.
Re: Can Atheists Prove God Does Not Exist? by Emusan(m): 10:40am On Sep 22, 2018
LordReed:

LoL! Which one is this sophistry you are on? You believe Sango exists ergo you believe in multiple gods, what is hard in it for you to understand? Whether you only put trust in one is irrelevant, you literally believe there are multiple gods. You can use sophistry all you want, this is what you believe.

Look at the bold...isn't that my stance from beginning

But I know the angle you're driving towards that LITERALLY believe there are multiple gods means I'M AN IDOLATRY.

You started with existence then to believe IN, can't you see how confuse you are

When even a primary school students know that there's a difference between existence and sovereignty

stay off my mention on this
Re: Can Atheists Prove God Does Not Exist? by LordReed(m): 10:55am On Sep 22, 2018
Emusan:

Look at the bold...isn't that my stance from beginning

But I know the angle you're driving towards that LITERALLY believe there are multiple gods means I'M AN IDOLATRY.

You started with existence then to believe IN, can't you see how confuse you are

When even a primary school students know that there's a difference between existence and sovereignty

stay off my mention on this

LoL! Even you admitted that believe in is equivalent to accept existence. You are trying to turn it around as though I am accusing you of something I don't even give a shit about. LMFAO.

You believe multiple gods exist, sovereign or not.

I like the way people like you get angry when facts are pointed out to you. LMFAO!
Re: Can Atheists Prove God Does Not Exist? by budaatum: 10:57am On Sep 22, 2018
TATIME:
But WISDOM is the "practical applications of accumulated information for lasting benefits" we're 100% sure you can never have this if you're not a believer!
I wonder if you are aware of the sin called hubris? When Christ taught about it he mentioned a tax collector, and phrases like "Lord Lord", and toothache!
Re: Can Atheists Prove God Does Not Exist? by Nobody: 11:04am On Sep 22, 2018
LordReed:

LoL! You can answer anyway you like but if you don't answer the question, it still stands. What caused God?
It's not to be forced into you, those who want to know the truth will ask sincerely,listen attentively and act wisely on every speck of evidence around them. wink wink wink
Re: Can Atheists Prove God Does Not Exist? by Emusan(m): 11:07am On Sep 22, 2018
LordReed:
LoL. Feel free to produce evidence for any god.

But you're not free to provide your own evidence for absence of god.

You don't know how the universe was created but you refuse to admit it, you just "believe" that God created it. What then created God since it can not create itself has stuck in your throat.

Universe was created and God isn't part of the universe so God can't be created?

Unlike you, I freely admit to not knowing anything before the big bang. It is well established that the universe is expanding and thus was smaller than it is now, alot smaller. What the conditions were before the expansion is unknown.

You think you're smart, you used big bang to hide the word BELIEVE.

You admitted but it means you took everything you were told could have happened before big bang by FAITH.

WHO established IT, yourself Or what you were told and YOU BELIEVED?

Yet you can accused me of 'JUST BELIEVE'

Are you different from me then?

You are free to imagine a god created it but also admit you have no evidence nor do you know what created a god.

Likewise, you are free to imagine a god didn't create it.
You that have the evidence, why can't you provide it?
Yet all what you accept about universe is a product of what SOMEONE SAID not YOUR OWN RESEARCH.
Re: Can Atheists Prove God Does Not Exist? by Emusan(m): 11:12am On Sep 22, 2018
LordReed:
You believe multiple gods exist, sovereign or not

Yes I believe! So what is your point?

Mind you, your first post I replied to was asking a Christian whether he believes in the EXISTENCE of Allah e.t.c

Now, let me see whether you won't go back to my early point.
Re: Can Atheists Prove God Does Not Exist? by LordReed(m): 11:23am On Sep 22, 2018
TATIME:
It's not to be forced into you, those who want to know the truth will ask sincerely,listen attentively and act wisely on every speck of evidence around them. wink wink wink

Evidence for what created god? OK please point out this evidence.
Re: Can Atheists Prove God Does Not Exist? by Nobody: 11:35am On Sep 22, 2018
budaatum:

I wonder if you are aware of the sin called hubris? When Christ taught about it he mentioned a tax collector, and phrases like "Lord Lord", and toothache!
What a wonderful illustration you've reminded followers of this thread my friend? The Pharisee went away with pride as in not ready to add to what he thought he knew but the tax collector realized that HE'LL NEED DIVINE APPROVAL ALWAYS! Well you can draw the conclusion PERSONALLY to know how each individual fits into the illustration. Those who keeps searching for God's face and favor or those who feels there OK! I just hope you too will act like the tax collector. wink wink wink
Re: Can Atheists Prove God Does Not Exist? by budaatum: 11:38am On Sep 22, 2018
TATIME:
What a wonderful illustration you've reminded followers of this thread my friend? The Pharisee went away with pride as in not ready to add to what he thought he knew but the tax collector realized that HE'LL NEED DIVINE APPROVAL ALWAYS! Well you can draw the conclusion PERSONALLY to know how each individual fits into the illustration. Those who keeps searching for God's face and favor or those who feels there OK! I just hope you too will act like the tax collector. wink wink wink
While you, who follows Christ act like the Pharisee?
Interesting.
Re: Can Atheists Prove God Does Not Exist? by Nobody: 11:42am On Sep 22, 2018
LordReed:

Evidence for what created god? OK please point out this evidence.
Intelligent creatures agreed even before the commencement of the first writings of Bible. Moses grew in Egypt and there were God's in Egypt. So your generation only need to ponder over what those people thought back then. But as for US the evidence is obvious "there should be harmony in opinion for peace to reign"

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply)

How Do You Feel When You Fall Under The Anointing / There Is No Wedding Ring In The Old Or New Testaments. / Anytime I Pick Up My Bible To Read , I Always Feel Sleepy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.