Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,364 members, 7,819,312 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:13 PM

I'm About To Regret Getting Married - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I'm About To Regret Getting Married (50010 Views)

I Regret Getting Married To The Mother Of My Triplets / 5 Nigerian Women Share Why They Regret Getting Married / I'm About Losing The Man I Love And Being Pressured To Marry The One I Never Did (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I'm About To Regret Getting Married by Nobody: 9:55pm On Jul 26, 2018
Tehila07:
I had thought that love has bigger roles to play in marriage. I was wrong. I got married at 36 when I thought I had seen someone who loved me.

While dating, I was not spending money on her because she has a job and was not complaining. I ride okada for a living, hoping to go into a business soon. Before marriage, I used to have spare cash of about 10k always. Even if that 10k is spent on something, I would recover it within a week. She told me that if money she spends on feeding and what I spend on feeding are added together, we will feed ourselves, and save more. But since we got married, I labour hard to ensure she has whatever she needs. Now I'm stretched to the limit and can't cope anymore. She has money in her bank account, but said she's saving for raining days. Anytime she wants to perform online banking, I do it for her. Two days ago, I wanted to buy data, I transferred money from her account to the seller, brought out the money and told her seller accepts bank transfer and I don't want to go and queue in the bank for lodgement. I would have informed her first, but she was busy attending to visitors and her phone was with me. She was angry and said "I will change my password." I replied that the only favor she did me was saving my journey to the bank. She said if she has cash in hand, she would be tempted to spend it. So, it's me that should not have savings?

I don't feel like having sex again, because of the depression and she is now angry that I'm turning her down. Now I'm planning to leave home and return whenever my situation improves. She can cope because she has enough money.

Why the financial pressure on me is too much is that we are both 36 years old and friends keep trouping to our house to wish her well. As a man that manages resources, I entertained guests from my family once for the past two months we got married because it's not my town but hers. She keeps asking me for money to entertain guests. Some friends made it a habit of visiting twice weekly, while she keeps showing me off. When she asked for money for food yesterday and I told her I had no money, she has been moody since then, thinking that I'm hiding money from her.

This was a woman, that, last week, when I said I couldn't afford a particular asoebi that only concerns me because it's costly, went to the market, bought it, and took it to my tailor. Judging from her recent actions, I won't wear that cloth except I'm able to refund the money.

P.S: Love is just a rhetoric - humanity died long ago.
See this pinkin.
When u should have marry for compatibility, u went and marry her bcoz she has a work and now u are here accusing 'LOVE'

TRUE love is very real......U are a very wicked man to think of running away,that shows u never loved her in d 1st place.

1 Like

Re: I'm About To Regret Getting Married by ArcSEMPECJ(m): 9:59pm On Jul 26, 2018
Oga.. The best thing you should do is to accept the fact that you are the bread winner and father and husband to that your family..... Forget about your wife's money.... Focus on getting more ways to earn money..... If she doesn't support you now... She will respect and fear you as a man you have become.....please avoid thinking about your wife's money... It takes away the man in you... Makes you to be limited in life and when your children grows up.. They will surely see your limitations and join their mum to cast more blames on you.... Think about that... Rise from your bed and be a man you dream you want to be......... Life is cruel... It can't offer you what you want.... You can only get what you want from life

2 Likes

Re: I'm About To Regret Getting Married by deebrownneymar: 10:00pm On Jul 26, 2018
Tehila07:
I had thought that love has bigger roles to play in marriage. I was wrong. I got married at 36 when I thought I had seen someone who loved me.

While dating, I was not spending money on her because she has a job and was not complaining. I ride okada for a living, hoping to go into a business soon. Before marriage, I used to have spare cash of about 10k always. Even if that 10k is spent on something, I would recover it within a week. She told me that if money she spends on feeding and what I spend on feeding are added together, we will feed ourselves, and save more. But since we got married, I labour hard to ensure she has whatever she needs. Now I'm stretched to the limit and can't cope anymore. She has money in her bank account, but said she's saving for raining days. Anytime she wants to perform online banking, I do it for her. Two days ago, I wanted to buy data, I transferred money from her account to the seller, brought out the money and told her seller accepts bank transfer and I don't want to go and queue in the bank for lodgement. I would have informed her first, but she was busy attending to visitors and her phone was with me. She was angry and said "I will change my password." I replied that the only favor she did me was saving my journey to the bank. She said if she has cash in hand, she would be tempted to spend it. So, it's me that should not have savings?

I don't feel like having sex again, because of the depression and she is now angry that I'm turning her down. Now I'm planning to leave home and return whenever my situation improves. She can cope because she has enough money.

Why the financial pressure on me is too much is that we are both 36 years old and friends keep trouping to our house to wish her well. As a man that manages resources, I entertained guests from my family once for the past two months we got married because it's not my town but hers. She keeps asking me for money to entertain guests. Some friends made it a habit of visiting twice weekly, while she keeps showing me off. When she asked for money for food yesterday and I told her I had no money, she has been moody since then, thinking that I'm hiding money from her.

This was a woman, that, last week, when I said I couldn't afford a particular asoebi that only concerns me because it's costly, went to the market, bought it, and took it to my tailor. Judging from her recent actions, I won't wear that cloth except I'm able to refund the money.

It's obvious you guys didn't court long enough and rushed to get married. The woman behaved very well in order to convince you to marry her as she was tired of going to MFM all the time and wanted to be called a wife so badly. There are many of them out there. Even the young ones. Marriage is like life goals that's hard to achieve and a competition. Lol.
Re: I'm About To Regret Getting Married by Toks2008(m): 10:01pm On Jul 26, 2018
Tehila07:

There is no issue here except the fact that you are still hustling and I pray GOD blesses you more.

5 Likes

Re: I'm About To Regret Getting Married by Nobody: 10:03pm On Jul 26, 2018
flyca:
OP did you say you ride Okada for a living? Are you are graduate? I am very impressed with your writing prowess. Good punctions, correct use of tenses, almost zero grammatical errors. Wow.

Let me guess that you are from Southern Nigeria? Maybe South East? Look, a man that cannot write half as good as you do is the president of one nation lai dat. They say it's "quota system". Then he gets in and puts in all his brothers and sisters who hardly can spell their name correctly into juicy federal positions by appointment. And yet - here is one of us, struggling with 10K, 5K despite his educational background and strong resolve to earn a decent living. Pathetic!

Call me a tribalist na you sabi. My views about Nigeria has changed in the past few years. Sorry Nation.
Oga financial literacy is different from academic prowess.

As far as op is not educated enuf to convince his wife as how both can manage money for d benefit of his new home, ur compliment is a total trash.
Re: I'm About To Regret Getting Married by Nobody: 10:04pm On Jul 26, 2018
Tehila07:

you mean it? This is the only problem you guys are faced with right now and you want to run? Many marriages face worse...have you been seeing the threads about married women and adultery lately?
Hmmm
Bros, forget what they tell you about honeymoon and courtship, the first year of marriage is the most trying period because you guys are just getting to know each other well. I will advise you not to jump to conclusions too soon...take time to understand each other really well. It will help
Re: I'm About To Regret Getting Married by Duru009(m): 10:04pm On Jul 26, 2018
There is absolutely nothing to talk about here from your story.

She smartly deceived you into marriage and you married her.......

It is very simple !

NO FUTURE in this marriage !

The earlier you accept this the better for you!

1 Like

Re: I'm About To Regret Getting Married by sammirano: 10:04pm On Jul 26, 2018
adedayoa2:
is that an issue?

It is
Re: I'm About To Regret Getting Married by Nobody: 10:05pm On Jul 26, 2018
Toks2008:

There is no issue here except the fact that you are still hustling and I pray GOD blesses you more.
amen. Thank you. You ve said it well

1 Like

Re: I'm About To Regret Getting Married by Nobody: 10:08pm On Jul 26, 2018
adedayoa2:
the fact remains he got married to the lady because she's working, guys like am plenty for Abuja here, whenever they ask me 'are you working', I tell them I'm a student and I stay with my aunt and that's the end o, they start avoiding you.
lol

Wise gal
Re: I'm About To Regret Getting Married by emerged01(m): 10:09pm On Jul 26, 2018
Op,always plan on your own resources. You are not a man enough to have allowed your woman's Money get into your head.
I remembered when my woman was putting pressure on me. Mind you,we are of the same age. my income was below hers. She knew that,and she insisted on spending the rest of her life with me. Considering her age,I decided to sit her down and told her I don't want to care about how much she is earning,that every our plan will be based on my income. One thing I realised is that woman will let you down when you need them most. That is the sole reason you must always plan on my your resources. Go after what you can afford not what you can do to please her,to ensure you don't spend above your income.

4 Likes

Re: I'm About To Regret Getting Married by nahzyla: 10:10pm On Jul 26, 2018
What men need to realize is that the minute you decide that your wife is under obligation to provide for the family, you must also acknowledge that there is no longer any sole authority in the marriage, both of you are now co-leaders.

Op are you one of those men that like giving orders to your wife and acting like a king and throwing commands left and right and insisting that your word is law and your decisions must be final? If you are then don't expect her to join you in being a breadwinner, enjoy your dictatorship.

If on the other hand you assist her with all the chore including cooking then she is very wrong to expect you to be the sole breadwinner and she must start assisting you.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I'm About To Regret Getting Married by Silvermoney: 10:12pm On Jul 26, 2018
divinelove:
understanding is even more important than love in marriage. But it's how can you marry without a stable source of income
How 'stable' is a stable income? What if you have a good job before marriage and then later lose the job in the next 7 to 10 years, by which time you already have three school aged kids? What would you do then, would you get divorce? Besides, in that situation, how are you better than someone who got married in the first place with no "stable income"?.. Life is too deep. Let's not over simplify it.

3 Likes

Re: I'm About To Regret Getting Married by sweetTai(m): 10:14pm On Jul 26, 2018
Who advised you to go marry based on income from Okada? Women of today are different from your mother and my mother. Money is very much part of the ingredients for love with today’s women. If you are a broke man and you marry solely because of love, YOU ARE WASTING YOUR TIME!

1 Like

Re: I'm About To Regret Getting Married by OyinO: 10:22pm On Jul 26, 2018
Hey! Mr Man, wake her Up in the middle of night and bang her brains out. Then, while she's busy thanking you for a nice love-making session, then tell her you have something to discuss with her. She will listen, hear, reason and change for the better.
Re: I'm About To Regret Getting Married by OyinO: 10:24pm On Jul 26, 2018
emerged01:
Op,always plan on your own resources. You are not a man enough to have allowed your woman's Money get into your head.
I remembered when my woman was putting pressure on me. Mind you,we are of the same age. my income was below hers. She knew that,and she insisted on spending the rest of her life with me. Considering her age,I decided to sit her down and told her I don't want to care about how much she is earning,that every our plan will be based on my income. One thing I realised is that woman will let you down when you need them most. That is the sole reason you must always plan on my your resources. Go after what you can afford not what you can do to please her,to ensure you don't spend above your income.
Truly, woman will let you down when you need them most. They are cats!

2 Likes

Re: I'm About To Regret Getting Married by Wisebird22(m): 10:25pm On Jul 26, 2018
HRHQueenPhil:
u married ur age mate? all the best sir
wtz wrong in marrying ur age mate?
Re: I'm About To Regret Getting Married by xtervaganza(m): 10:28pm On Jul 26, 2018
yettymuse:
OK, whilst you were dating her you weren't spending on her because............ She's miss independent huh Men like you make independent women carry calculator about... You married a woman because you want to be sharing bills? Really??

Ovoko!!!!!!!!!

Nothing wey person no go hear for this nairaland. You're depressed because you're performing your marital duties, top of which is taking the financial responsibilities of your home?
You've not even started, no kids yet and you're whining like this?

You married her because of her money.. You never chi chom chin! undecided

Are you kidding me?
I weak abeg!...
see wetin this one de talk

Koriburuku e sohun!

1 Like

Re: I'm About To Regret Getting Married by Nobody: 10:29pm On Jul 26, 2018
HRHQueenPhil:
u married ur age mate? all the best sir
At 36 grin
If I'm 36, I'll only marry 26 and below.

1 Like

Re: I'm About To Regret Getting Married by Ejiod(m): 10:31pm On Jul 26, 2018
Who love epp for Nigeria.?.. Money is like water that makes love grow in Nigeria. Jumping into marriage without steady cash flow policy is like waiting for disaster. I love my Igbo gene, we already know. We have to acquire it all, at least 85% before talking about marriage. Marriage is meant for financially matured minds.80-85% of Nigerian ladies that has the money before marriage always play nice but when they marry you just forget it.It is then you will understand the difference river and deep blue sea.Right infront of your nose,she will be saving and asking you to give her money for upkeep.That's why I always say to every man "gather the wood and the antelope would come". Love is nearly dead in Nigeria.

3 Likes

Re: I'm About To Regret Getting Married by Nobody: 10:32pm On Jul 26, 2018
qtx:
Go here for http://courtshipandmarriage.com[url][/url] and all your tears will be wiped off.
what OP needs is money or does money grow dia?
Re: I'm About To Regret Getting Married by Nobody: 10:32pm On Jul 26, 2018
LUGBE:
You are a gold digger. You are now disappointed, many men this days are shameless
And you could be a rètard

2 Likes

Re: I'm About To Regret Getting Married by ashjay001(m): 10:33pm On Jul 26, 2018
mankettle:
sit her down and have the talk bro.
you need to discuss finances upkeep etc. monthly and weekly allowances etc. and get ready to harden your heart bro.
don't worry Bro, it is a phase, after this another phase

Bro, with such women, it never gets better!

Op, u don enter one chance. Just pray, she ain't preggy yet!

When dem dey find husband, if u piss for their mouth, dem go thank u! Use pity marry dem finish, na dat time dem go know say, why u marry Dem if u know say u no get money. Forgetting d desperate moves dey made
Re: I'm About To Regret Getting Married by bukatyne(f): 10:33pm On Jul 26, 2018
otokx:
Was getting tired of the avalanche of political threads

They say the first 2 years of marriage are usually the most difficult so hang in there, just as much as possible try to communicate with your wife and find common ground.

where have you been?
Re: I'm About To Regret Getting Married by Henrhyme4u(m): 10:34pm On Jul 26, 2018
As earlier said by one of us in this platform that it's one phase that there is another phase ahead, you just have to harden your heart don't be depress, but if the condition is reaching a stage where you are considering suicide as option leave her and run for your life, marriage is a training institution where you continue to learn and no matter how hard you study you can not graduate
Try to sit your wife down and let her know your condition also investigate the company she keeps. Best of luck..
Re: I'm About To Regret Getting Married by Gracesofar(m): 10:35pm On Jul 26, 2018
eniolorunfe:
Why are you discussing with strangers what you should be sharing with your wife? undecided Issues like this create opportunities for couples to know and understand themselves better.

From your write-up, your union is less than a year meaning that it's still young. Sit your new wife down and discuss with her all these you typed on NL and reach a compromise that will work for both of you. Marriage is a marathon!!!

There is no way your wife will know what you're not okay with in your union if you don't let her know.

Rather than shy away from things, learn to face them squarely!

I admire your write up
Re: I'm About To Regret Getting Married by Ogaonos: 10:36pm On Jul 26, 2018
adedayoa2:
You got married to her for the wrong reasons, because she works and you'll not have to spend much, oga you never ready for marriage, change your mindset, accept her as your wife, start thinking in your heart that you're working for your family and tell her to cut her coat according to her material.
so a man wife should nt contribute 2 d family na man go everythin because na man maybe by d tym wen it happen 2 ur future son nd his nt reasoning u his mummy den u knw u have a problem.such can mak a guy abandon his mother.my advise 2 d op mak e discuss it wit e momsi or popsi or pastor dt will giv him wise advise.y d op hav such problem is his lack of experience in handling ladies wen young because mehn as a man one needs wisdom in handling women.dt y i always encourage mak boys dey social wit ladies 2 observe nd get wisdom

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I'm About To Regret Getting Married by Nobody: 10:38pm On Jul 26, 2018
Tokziby:
Op firstly it was a grave mistake to think ur spouse money is for the two of u. If u didn't know before, now u must know, once u are married, if ur wife has N5million with her and u have N5,000, please never ever assume that the total money in that household is N5million plus N5,000. The total money is that which belongs to u N5,000.
The believe of the majority of typical African women is that their own money is for them alone while ur own money is for the two of u cos it's believed that the financial responsibility of the household rest on the man and theirs is just to support when they feel the need.
So Mr Op up ur game, the person u date is completely different when u marry such person. Marriage is a black market institution, u will never know what u are getting urself into until u sign ur life away grin grin for better for worse...

Re: I'm About To Regret Getting Married by maasoap(m): 10:38pm On Jul 26, 2018
adedayoa2:
You got married to her for the wrong reasons, because she works and you'll not have to spend much, oga you never ready for marriage, change your mindset, accept her as your wife, start thinking in your heart that you're working for your family and tell her to cut her coat according to her material.

You have to pity the guy because you commented insensitively. His earning capacity is limited, an Okada rider. His wife is also working but only concerned about saving and fat account and you didn't have anything to say about it. You're not being fair to the guy. If his wife won't play a supportive role, it is better for the guy to walk away until he's capable to shoulder the responsibility alone.

1 Like

Re: I'm About To Regret Getting Married by sojdson: 10:42pm On Jul 26, 2018
What is wrong in looking for helpmate, I am sorry for your type that think all financial responsibilities are for men. A 36 years old man, when is he going to be ready?

adedayoa2:
Re: I'm About To Regret Getting Married by generationz(f): 10:45pm On Jul 26, 2018
Tehila07:

is this crescentmoon
Re: I'm About To Regret Getting Married by Nobody: 10:47pm On Jul 26, 2018
Toks2008:

Amen! Thank you!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

I Have Been Alfa’s Sex Slave For Two Years – Lagos Housewife / Twin Sisters Who Died In Ghana Buried Same Day - See Photos / My Boyfriend Should Earn 800k Before I'll Agree To Marry Him.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 100
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.