Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,932 members, 7,952,755 topics. Date: Wednesday, 18 September 2024 at 11:17 PM

26 And Still Living With My Parents (advise) - Family (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / 26 And Still Living With My Parents (advise) (38977 Views)

I'm 30 And Still Living With My Parents..smh / Genotype: I'm The Only One Still Living In This Picture - Man / Age 25 With 1 Million Naira & Living With My Parents: Buy Land Or Pack Out? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 26 And Still Living With My Parents (advise) by mazizitonene(m): 9:23pm On Aug 01, 2018
LeoFish92:

I'm a writer, I write for a news website.
oh...okay bro...nice....thanks....no vex o, vacancy still dey the website ni ?
Re: 26 And Still Living With My Parents (advise) by hope4nigeria(m): 9:25pm On Aug 01, 2018
LeoFish92:
Greetings family-landers, I'm having this issue which has been bordering me, I finished service last year, recently got an online side hustle which gives me 30k per month.

And at 26,I'm no longer comfortable staying at home with my parents, I can't hang out late with my friends without my parents drowning my phone with calls, as early as 8.pm at night the calls will start flowing as if I'm a customer care agent. (really frustrating)

Almost all my guys are living on their own, and to make matters worse, I can't receive any female visitor cos of my religious parents and lack of privacy.

On the flip side, I'm scared if a 30k monthly salary can be enough for a guy who wants to rent and probably furnish a self-con of 70-80k per year. (I'm not the extravagant type)

I've never lived alone so I'm really confused if I should make this move at this point in my life.

Guys who are living on their own, what's your take on this?

you have to start from sleeping under bridge. Then you will surely buy a house in Lekki or asokoro.
Re: 26 And Still Living With My Parents (advise) by DaAwesome1(m): 9:34pm On Aug 01, 2018
still in ya pops house at 26.. dem suppose shoot ya balls.. have you heard the quote *started from the bottom to the top*...... mommas boy.. u wan even bang for ya papa house...
Re: 26 And Still Living With My Parents (advise) by Erums(m): 9:46pm On Aug 01, 2018
Wilfredpat22:
Sir I am a woman and when I moved out of my parents home I was working in Mr Biggs as a attendant that serves meals

I was earning 25k and staying alone and slept on the floor. I was saving small small. I ate once a day to maintain my figure and I also sent some money to my grandma in the village

You are a man and can do better than me sir if you are determined

U earned my respect gurl
Re: 26 And Still Living With My Parents (advise) by Nobody: 10:04pm On Aug 01, 2018
pocohantas:
Nothing wrong with seeking to move out of your parents house, but you want to do it for all the wrong reasons.

So, your definition of worse is that you can't receive female visitors?
Na your 30k you wan use stay with woman PRIVATELY?

Nor mind the guy, na small pikin sense.
Re: 26 And Still Living With My Parents (advise) by cyrus1992(m): 10:13pm On Aug 01, 2018
blessedvisky:

How do I become a paid writer too please

Bro, abeg help a brother,
Before Owu wear coat and tie for my case abeg.
I'm equally a writer, but i dont have a clue on how to monetize my writing skills, most especially online.

P.S, i'm 25
Re: 26 And Still Living With My Parents (advise) by saintruky(m): 10:21pm On Aug 01, 2018
Link to the thread pls..

zicoraads:

Yups, apply for a regular job. I have one and two others. And I'm hoping to add that writing too, especially now that I'm free.

When I moved into mine, I only had a GOTv and a 32 inch TV. grin

You mustn't have a fridge and all. There is a thread on Nairaland about home clearance sales. I've seen really cheap and good items there. So you can start from there.
Re: 26 And Still Living With My Parents (advise) by barongmj(f): 10:39pm On Aug 01, 2018
Thank you sir smiley
bodee:
beautiful advice, beautiful woman!
Re: 26 And Still Living With My Parents (advise) by Adanne9110(f): 10:45pm On Aug 01, 2018
Wilfredpat22:
Sir I am a woman and when I moved out of my parents home I was working in Mr Biggs as a attendant that serves meals

I was earning 25k and staying alone and slept on the floor. I was saving small small. I ate once a day to maintain my figure and I also sent some money to my grandma in the village

please don't compare yourself with a man,,, you are a lady,,,you had various benevolent ways of making money in Nigeria but the opportunities are not feasible for men,,,,you wouldn't tell us other kind gesture shown to you by concerned citizens,,,,my dear poster,,,if you need to leave your house with that pay for this era,pls remove women out of ur mind and make aggressive and radical saving for an obvious social mobility,,,,,

3 Likes

Re: 26 And Still Living With My Parents (advise) by donnie(m): 10:56pm On Aug 01, 2018
LeoFish92:
Greetings family-landers, I'm having this issue which has been bordering me, I finished service last year, recently got an online side hustle which gives me 30k per month.

And at 26,I'm no longer comfortable staying at home with my parents, I can't hang out late with my friends without my parents drowning my phone with calls, as early as 8.pm at night the calls will start flowing as if I'm a customer care agent. (really frustrating)

Almost all my guys are living on their own, and to make matters worse, I can't receive any female visitor cos of my religious parents and lack of privacy.

On the flip side, I'm scared if a 30k monthly salary can be enough for a guy who wants to rent and probably furnish a self-con of 70-80k per year. (I'm not the extravagant type)

I've never lived alone so I'm really confused if I should make this move at this point in my life.

You're still very immature. You want to be able to hangout and invite girls. You think it's by how much you earn? Btw, with your 30k, you will be back soon to beg for food.

1 Like

Re: 26 And Still Living With My Parents (advise) by stubbornman(m): 10:57pm On Aug 01, 2018
ebby9z:

I tell you. People always wonder why I rarely go out or have friends over...me that I'm always looking for money to buy one thing or the other in the house...when my mates at work were buying clothes, phones and new watches, clubbing every other weekend; I was buying gas cooker, starving myself to buy bed, hustled to buy TV and now I have basic things and people think I'm rich . I believe every man should be responsible for himself for a little while before getting married. It makes you mentally ready and prepared. You won't be acting like a mummy's boy.

Lolzzzz.... Seriously I can relate to this.. Sometimes people will tell me " see the kin phone wey you dey use" but I don't care! it browses and receives mails.... I need to get things fixed and my house set.... Parents dey one side dey remind you how dem take train you for school .... Sometimes you just loose your mind being a man when you stay alone....

In most cases that freedom wey you dey find sef you won't see it....

for someone like me I've been on a curfew of 10pm for over 6 years .

2 Likes

Re: 26 And Still Living With My Parents (advise) by stubbornman(m): 11:00pm On Aug 01, 2018
ebby9z:

I tell you. People always wonder why I rarely go out or have friends over...me that I'm always looking for money to buy one thing or the other in the house...when my mates at work were buying clothes, phones and new watches, clubbing every other weekend; I was buying gas cooker, starving myself to buy bed, hustled to buy TV and now I have basic things and people think I'm rich . I believe every man should be responsible for himself for a little while before getting married. It makes you mentally ready and prepared. You won't be acting like a mummy's boy.
Re: 26 And Still Living With My Parents (advise) by haybhi1(m): 12:06am On Aug 02, 2018
mikaael:

lol...ya so funny..no worry i go buy u new shirt

Lolz ya wicked, so he should keep enjoyinq tbe poverty, allowinq it to continue removinq cloth from his body, ya ever ready to buy him a new one?

Chai wickedness is in your soul.... grin
mikaael:

lol...ya so funny..no worry i go buy u new shirt

Lolz ya wicked, so he should keep enjoyinq tbe poverty, allowinq it to continue removinq cloth from his body, ya ever ready to buy him a new one?

Chai wickedness is in your soul....

1 Like

Re: 26 And Still Living With My Parents (advise) by milemimi93(m): 1:15am On Aug 02, 2018
ImaIma1:
Be patient.

When you get a job with better pay, you can begin plans to move out except you still want to run back to your parents for assistance.

Abraham was 70 before he left his father's house. So hang on bruv.

Keep ya head up.

Let God directs your steps
Re: 26 And Still Living With My Parents (advise) by agarawu23(m): 5:57am On Aug 02, 2018
Mummy's boy.

I left home when I was 20 as a street boy grin

Go and start your life with that 30k and see how life is out there.
Re: 26 And Still Living With My Parents (advise) by LilNetty(m): 8:04am On Aug 02, 2018
Wilfredpat22:

Thumbs up, I love your courage
Re: 26 And Still Living With My Parents (advise) by joshrare(m): 8:13am On Aug 02, 2018
LeoFish92:

Bros,
wanting to leave your parents house in itself is not a bad idea because it has its own advantages, but I will encourage you to leave for the right reasons and sorry to say I don't see it in the reasons stated so far so bros stay put until you have the right reasons
Re: 26 And Still Living With My Parents (advise) by Kennyfancy(m): 11:56am On Aug 02, 2018
LeoFish92:

please which online side hustle give u 30k ?
Re: 26 And Still Living With My Parents (advise) by ebby9z(m): 5:30pm On Aug 02, 2018
stubbornman:

Lolzzzz.... Seriously I can relate to this.. Sometimes people will tell me " see the kin phone wey you dey use" but I don't care! it browses and receives mails.... I need to get things fixed and my house set.... Parents dey one side dey remind you how dem take train you for school .... Sometimes you just loose your mind being a man when you stay alone....

In most cases that freedom wey you dey find sef you won't see it....

for someone like me I've been on a curfew of 10pm for over 6 years .
I swear. Sane with me. This is the first time I'd be ysjng a phone for qlnowt two years...me that used to change phone every three months...but now ehn...my brother. You've said it all
Re: 26 And Still Living With My Parents (advise) by KIDpretty(m): 6:16pm On Aug 02, 2018
LeoFish92:

plz can I get your whatsapp number. I just want to get some info unrelated to your post. plz
Re: 26 And Still Living With My Parents (advise) by LeoFish92(m): 7:54pm On Aug 02, 2018
KIDpretty:

plz can I get your whatsapp number. I just want to get some info unrelated to your post. plz

Re: 26 And Still Living With My Parents (advise) by robotix: 8:33pm On Aug 02, 2018
MissJoy29:

Wow. Just from writing?

What kind of writing? Fictional stories, articles, researches? Which one?
Lol are you surprise? Well, his writing depends on what clients need. You have to decide a sector that you would like to serve. Some write for parenting, some for businesses, some for startup, press releases and so on. just visit his website and see.
Re: 26 And Still Living With My Parents (advise) by wisdomdc: 10:29pm On Aug 02, 2018
Now you are talking, I am also staying alone, I can't imagine a boy of 18 still staying with his parents in this era, then when will you become a man, the Bible says, so shall a man leave his father and mother... That means if you want start becoming man you must leave your father and mother first then you jump into the "sea" damning and daring the consequences. That is what I did, Like you said your mates are leaving on their own, let me tell you they are not your mates any more they have taken an step. Dont let express leave you behind oh!!!

This is exactly my point, I know I can hustle more when I'm alone, but at the moment, I just make Lil cash with my online stuff, and somehow I'm contented because I have free food and accommodation..

I just need something to challenge me.

Perhaps the reasons I gave in my post are mundane but yes, at 26, I'm supposed to have freedom to do what ever I wanna do(responsibly)[/quote]
Re: 26 And Still Living With My Parents (advise) by mikecino(m): 10:31pm On Aug 02, 2018
Bro link me up with this ur 30k online hustle.. quote me on how to reach you please.
Re: 26 And Still Living With My Parents (advise) by 4lorunsho(m): 11:30pm On Aug 02, 2018
LeoFish92:

. i will say your parents care about you that's why they do that .startegise very well before leaving because they are your family, love, friends ,homie; those friends you hang out with will run when when anything happens to you. all the best
Re: 26 And Still Living With My Parents (advise) by campbelljosh(m): 11:43pm On Aug 02, 2018
I left my parents house when I was 19 to live with my brother, fully started to live alone when I clock 21. I didn't leave their house because I wanted to keep late night with friends or invite female friends over to my house, I left cos I have a future Pursue
Re: 26 And Still Living With My Parents (advise) by GregJo: 12:09am On Aug 03, 2018

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

I Want To Die, 85-year-old Woman Rejected By Children Cries Out / Woman Loses Husband, 3 Kids And 5 Relatives In Boat Accident In US. Pics / Nigerian Grandmother Shows Off Her Swags In New Photos. See What She Did

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.