Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,244 members, 7,811,685 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 05:11 PM

26 And Still Living With My Parents (advise) - Family (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / 26 And Still Living With My Parents (advise) (38475 Views)

I'm 30 And Still Living With My Parents..smh / Genotype: I'm The Only One Still Living In This Picture - Man / Age 25 With 1 Million Naira & Living With My Parents: Buy Land Or Pack Out? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 26 And Still Living With My Parents (advise) by MissJoy29(f): 3:24pm On Aug 01, 2018
robotix:

Take that writing to fiverr and you will raise it to over 120k per month with serious hard work and determination.
Really?
Re: 26 And Still Living With My Parents (advise) by bencarson007(m): 3:27pm On Aug 01, 2018
Wilfredpat22:
Sir I am a woman and when I moved out of my parents home I was working in Mr Biggs as a attendant that serves meals

I was earning 25k and staying alone and slept on the floor. I was saving small small. I ate once a day to maintain my figure and I also sent some money to my grandma in the village

You are a man and can do better than me sir if you are determined

Wife material 100 yards...
you earned my respect babe...
I left at 18... Never looked back since.
Re: 26 And Still Living With My Parents (advise) by NZAN(m): 3:27pm On Aug 01, 2018
The day I left home for NYSC camp...I told myself I will only return as a visitor, so I "work my asx up", cause I know it's no going back.

2 Likes

Re: 26 And Still Living With My Parents (advise) by LaExpert: 3:28pm On Aug 01, 2018
You really should move out. Staying with your parents give a feeling of false comfort and makes one inadvertently lazy.

Another thing is that, regardless of your age, as long as you stay with your parents, you really cannot make an independent decision, your parents will always have a say in your decisions.

1 Like

Re: 26 And Still Living With My Parents (advise) by NZAN(m): 3:29pm On Aug 01, 2018
Nothing grows on the comfort zone

1 Like

Re: 26 And Still Living With My Parents (advise) by Luvdmx(m): 3:29pm On Aug 01, 2018
vingeophysicist:
you are suppose to understand the angle I am coming from. How can she be comparing her situation to the guys own.Our environment has soft spot for women hustling, for me I can't count the ladies I give money for free without demanding anything from them.Moreover she has boyfriends that assist her.

Just because they're ladies you gave money doesn't necessarily means she's one of them.

They re also ladies who hustle for their daily bread � and are independent. It will be an insult to them,

Try not to generalize and be more open.

1 Like

Re: 26 And Still Living With My Parents (advise) by pocohantas(f): 3:30pm On Aug 01, 2018
Hungarriman:
I like this version of you.

What other version do you know? cheesy
Re: 26 And Still Living With My Parents (advise) by LeoFish92(m): 3:31pm On Aug 01, 2018
joey150:

Okay. Please email me @gmail.com.

Let me know once you see this so I can take out the email.

I've copied it, you can take it down now
Re: 26 And Still Living With My Parents (advise) by prezh8(m): 3:42pm On Aug 01, 2018
These Reasons Are Not Reasonable Enuf To Leave Nw.
Re: 26 And Still Living With My Parents (advise) by xerxes456(m): 3:50pm On Aug 01, 2018
LeoFish92:
Greetings family-landers, I'm having this issue which has been bordering me, I finished service last year, recently got an online side hustle which gives me 30k per month.

And at 26,I'm no longer comfortable staying at home with my parents, I can't hang out late with my friends without my parents drowning my phone with calls, as early as 8.pm at night the calls will start flowing as if I'm a customer care agent. (really frustrating)

Almost all my guys are living on their own, and to make matters worse, I can't receive any female visitor cos of my religious parents and lack of privacy.

On the flip side, I'm scared if a 30k monthly salary can be enough for a guy who wants to rent and probably furnish a self-con of 70-80k per year. (I'm not the extravagant type)

I've never lived alone so I'm really confused if I should make this move at this point in my life.

Guys who are living on their own, what's your take on this?

whatever yoir reasons are, it's very valid... question is can you handle it? My advice is move and learn, get out of there and start being the man of your dreams... move, life will push you to achieve... just move out...
Re: 26 And Still Living With My Parents (advise) by vankaid: 3:51pm On Aug 01, 2018
Married with kids and my mom living with me and me being sole bread winner of everybody, I also do not have the freedom to stay out beyond 8pm without very good reason grin .
Dem go call you sotey your phone battery go run down.
My dear freedom is over rated and can be relative.

6 Likes

Re: 26 And Still Living With My Parents (advise) by rozayx5(m): 3:55pm On Aug 01, 2018
Hmm. Me that left my parents since 20

People dey try sha

Staying too long kills your dreams and makes u relax
Re: 26 And Still Living With My Parents (advise) by cnonyechi(f): 4:02pm On Aug 01, 2018
pocohantas:
Nothing wrong with seeking to move out of your parents house, but you want to do it for all the wrong reasons.

So, your definition of worse is that you can't receive female visitors?
Na your 30k you wan use stay with woman PRIVATELY?

Smart reply
Re: 26 And Still Living With My Parents (advise) by mjay4luv(m): 4:05pm On Aug 01, 2018
pcguru1:

Lol you're a lady you can't understand he needs to have female company and interest now when there's no money if not he can't be sure who is interested for him or his cash.

Very correct. Ladies of nowadays follow d cash not the dude.
Re: 26 And Still Living With My Parents (advise) by laytoshtwo: 4:05pm On Aug 01, 2018
LeoFish92:
Greetings family-landers, I'm having this issue which has been bordering me, I finished service last year, recently got an online side hustle which gives me 30k per month.

And at 26,I'm no longer comfortable staying at home with my parents, I can't hang out late with my friends without my parents drowning my phone with calls, as early as 8.pm at night the calls will start flowing as if I'm a customer care agent. (really frustrating)

Almost all my guys are living on their own, and to make matters worse, I can't receive any female visitor cos of my religious parents and lack of privacy.

On the flip side, I'm scared if a 30k monthly salary can be enough for a guy who wants to rent and probably furnish a self-con of 70-80k per year. (I'm not the extravagant type)

I've never lived alone so I'm really confused if I should make this move at this point in my life.

Your name end with fish, to survive in real life you must take risk, I didn't return home after NYSC, before you start eating food that did not have fish. Get a small apartment and be a man.

3 Likes

Re: 26 And Still Living With My Parents (advise) by mjay4luv(m): 4:08pm On Aug 01, 2018
LeoFish92:

Nothing spoil if u commot Sha. just use ur head. not like funny bone in AYs skit o. but use ur head. u go prosper. at 26 my father had 2kids and was expecting the 3rd. staying with his wife already all thru
Re: 26 And Still Living With My Parents (advise) by robotix: 4:17pm On Aug 01, 2018
MissJoy29:

Really?
lol... People actually make more than that. You can add upwork.com to the mix too.
If you also want to make more, search for Bamidele onibalusi. he makes as much as $4000per month without using fiverr or upwork.

It didn't come easily though but he has blue print that can aid you.

Search me and visit his site writersincharge.com he is a silent warrior and mostly heard off in the international space.

1 Like

Re: 26 And Still Living With My Parents (advise) by INDUSTRIALFAN(m): 4:19pm On Aug 01, 2018
pocohantas:
Nothing wrong with seeking to move out of your parents house, but you want to do it for all the wrong reasons.

shots fired grin
Re: 26 And Still Living With My Parents (advise) by MissJoy29(f): 4:19pm On Aug 01, 2018
robotix:
lol... People actually make more than that. You can add upwork.com to the mix too.
If you also want to make more, search for Bamidele onibalusi. he makes as much as $4000per month without using fiverr or upwork.

It didn't come easily though but he has blue print that can aid you.

Search me and visit his site writersincharge.com he is a silent warrior and mostly heard off in the international space.
Wow. Just from writing?

What kind of writing? Fictional stories, articles, researches? Which one?
Re: 26 And Still Living With My Parents (advise) by JustGuy(m): 4:23pm On Aug 01, 2018
dam007:
brother, I left home at 25, my parents were too smoldering, they in fact offered to give me transport to work but that liberty to go out, party, hosts friends or do anything fun... much like what you're facing currently. I had a similar pay too, actually I was favoured to find an agent who agreed to hire me, pay 30k but deduct 10k per month to defray my rent. it was the right set up... mind you, it was God purely, no connections or favour.
the catch really is this, in that comfort zone, nothing positive will happen to your status. it'll only deteriorate. do you have a girlfriend?? mine was my ultimate motivation. she actually threatened to leave if I didn't find a job however little and start off. your parents may still help out while you find your footing but be rest assured. you have what it takes to take the bold step. pray about it, then get the Bleep outta there. daddy's money can buy you chicken and fried rice but I kid you not, it'll never be as sweet as the garri and suya you purchase with your hard earned money. if you know you know.

Wow.... I like your girlfriend already. Are you two still together? She seems a nice and responsible person.
Re: 26 And Still Living With My Parents (advise) by MissJoy29(f): 4:23pm On Aug 01, 2018
LeoFish92:

I've copied it, you can take it down now
Since he wants to take down the email, you should have cleared it from your end before quoting it.

So, you have to go back and edit your quote while he clears from his end too.
Re: 26 And Still Living With My Parents (advise) by ferdybillion(m): 4:24pm On Aug 01, 2018
ImaIma1:
Be patient.

When you get a job with better pay, you can begin plans to move out except you still want to run back to your parents for assistance.
Base on experience he should move out now even if it's a bedsitter.
Re: 26 And Still Living With My Parents (advise) by Originalsly: 4:28pm On Aug 01, 2018
pocohantas:

A knockout punch to the gut...from a lady. Wow!...you ask question. ..you get slam with answer!
Re: 26 And Still Living With My Parents (advise) by goody1shoe73(m): 4:36pm On Aug 01, 2018
pocohantas:

You have said it all. Nothing more to add
Re: 26 And Still Living With My Parents (advise) by EzeJustme(m): 4:46pm On Aug 01, 2018
i took the bull by the horn, i was 24yrs no job no real cash only 12k, ogwu-aja was my day to day activity, with my N100 bread and N50 pure water am set for the day job. but N2m with me now, the hustle is real. God thank you

7 Likes

Re: 26 And Still Living With My Parents (advise) by Bamz(m): 4:48pm On Aug 01, 2018
LeoFish92:

First of all, to be a paid writer, you have to be a good writer.

To be a good writer, you must have a good reading habit.

Reading and taking notes of the lexical fluidity of the writer who's whose work you are reading, helps a lot.

Then when you become a good writer, you then watch out for adverts from media houses and freelancers who have work overloads from fiverr Fiverr.
Re: 26 And Still Living With My Parents (advise) by Nobody: 4:48pm On Aug 01, 2018
Wilfredpat22:
Sir I am a woman and when I moved out of my parents home I was working in Mr Biggs as a attendant that serves meals

I was earning 25k and staying alone and slept on the floor. I was saving small small. I ate once a day to maintain my figure and I also sent some money to my grandma in the village

You are a man and can do better than me sir if you are determined

You can relate. I feel your hustle babe it's coming soon
Re: 26 And Still Living With My Parents (advise) by PrinceCEE(m): 4:50pm On Aug 01, 2018
Dear op, I understand your plight... I believe you've received some pieces of valuable advice.

Please, could you introduce me to the side hustle. I'm a student and needs to cater for my needs...
Re: 26 And Still Living With My Parents (advise) by LeoFish92(m): 4:50pm On Aug 01, 2018
MissJoy29:

Since he wants to take down the email, you should have cleared it from your end before quoting it.

So, you have to go back and edit your quote while he clears from his end too.

Done. Thanks
Re: 26 And Still Living With My Parents (advise) by LeoFish92(m): 4:52pm On Aug 01, 2018
[quote author=Bamz post=69895920][/quote]

I've been waiting for someone like you grin

Nairaland never fails to deliver. cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Lady Dies 2 Months After Her Wedding (Photos) / Young Nigerian Man Celebrates 6th Wedding Anniversary With His Older White Wife / See How Much I Give My Wife To Cook Food For Us Everyday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.