Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,159 members, 7,811,349 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 09:54 AM

26 And Still Living With My Parents (advise) - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / 26 And Still Living With My Parents (advise) (38471 Views)

I'm 30 And Still Living With My Parents..smh / Genotype: I'm The Only One Still Living In This Picture - Man / Age 25 With 1 Million Naira & Living With My Parents: Buy Land Or Pack Out? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 26 And Still Living With My Parents (advise) by Icon79(m): 1:21pm On Aug 01, 2018
If you can get N30K per month - guaranteed, after taxes, from your "side hustle", then I don't see why that wouldn't be enough for you to live on even with a N70k per rent. You just need to manage your budget well.

The keyword being: Guaranteed N30K per month tho.

O pari

LeoFish92:
Greetings family-landers, I'm having this issue which has been bordering me, I finished service last year, recently got an online side hustle which gives me 30k per month.

And at 26,I'm no longer comfortable staying at home with my parents, I can't hang out late with my friends without my parents drowning my phone with calls, as early as 8.pm at night the calls will start flowing as if I'm a customer care agent. (really frustrating)

Almost all my guys are living on their own, and to make matters worse, I can't receive any female visitor cos of my religious parents and lack of privacy.

On the flip side, I'm scared if a 30k monthly salary can be enough for a guy who wants to rent and probably furnish a self-con of 70-80k per year. (I'm not the extravagant type)

I've never lived alone so I'm really confused if I should make this move at this point in my life.

Guys who are living on their own, what's your take on this?

1 Like

Re: 26 And Still Living With My Parents (advise) by Nobody: 1:21pm On Aug 01, 2018
zicoraads:

Yups, apply for a regular job. I have one and two others. And I'm hoping to add that writing too, especially now that I'm free.

When I moved into mine, I only had a GOTv and a 32 inch TV. grin

You mustn't have a fridge and all. There is a thread on Nairaland about home clearance sales. I've seen really cheap and good items there. So you can start from there.

Whats d name of d thread?
Re: 26 And Still Living With My Parents (advise) by obailala(m): 1:22pm On Aug 01, 2018
yesloaded:

Read up my post again but this time gently, I have all what it takes to leave my fathers house even at age of 18yrs but I never left not because o any other thing. Am not talking as a boy or giving rubbish advise but my advise was based on his reasons which is keeping friends, late night outings and inability to bring in girls. His parent can't tell him not to have girlfriend at at 26years in fact a 25years old man who's capable of providing for his family should go and get married. No responsible parent will allow his child bringing in all sorts of women home anyhow and no responsible parent will encourage their child to keep late night outings like partying, clubbing and all sorts. if its due to work or other reasons, he can leave but based on his aforementioned reasons then he's not on the right path
As at 24 when I left my father's house, my parents wouldn't have stopped me from bringing a girlfriend to the house; but out of respect for my parents, I didn't do it cos 2 captains cannot be in one ship. And just FYI, desiring to be able to receive a female visitor doesn't automatically mean "wanting to bring all sorts of girls home." We shouldn't be quick to conclude and judge people.

Again at 24 , my friends were mainly bank workers who closed quite late and the only times we could hangout or sit for a drink was from 7pm. First of all, sitting out with my friends till 9 or 10 or even 12pm doesn't make me an irresponsible person, and neither does hanging out with friends in a club overnight once in a while also automatically make me an irresponsible person. At the time, I may have loved to hangout very often, but I knew my parents were naturally not comfortable with it (parents will always be parents), so for that reason, I always limited the number of my sit outs to say, once per week. I also always had to disappoint my friends by being the first to bail out to get home by 9 or before 10; and this was out of respect for my parents.

At that time in my life, it was only natural for me to desire to be on my own so as to have a bit more freedom and also to stop stressing my dear parents. Now reading through the Op's story, I don't see how I'm different from him and I obviously don't see how wanting to be able to be out till 10pm once in a while or receiving a female guest makes me an irresponsible person.

7 Likes

Re: 26 And Still Living With My Parents (advise) by Icon79(m): 1:29pm On Aug 01, 2018
All that really matters is what Chrissy Teigen and Mila Kunis believe. Let's wait for their analysis before we jump to conclusions.

O pari

Wilfredpat22:
Sir I am a woman and when I moved out of my parents home I was working in Mr Biggs as a attendant that serves meals

I was earning 25k and staying alone and slept on the floor. I was saving small small. I ate once a day to maintain my figure and I also sent some money to my grandma in the village

You are a man and can do better than me sir if you are determined
Re: 26 And Still Living With My Parents (advise) by ruggedtimi(m): 1:30pm On Aug 01, 2018
LeoFish92:
Greetings family-landers, I'm having this issue which has been bordering me, I finished service last year, recently got an online side hustle which gives me 30k per month.

And at 26,I'm no longer comfortable staying at home with my parents, I can't hang out late with my friends without my parents drowning my phone with calls, as early as 8.pm at night the calls will start flowing as if I'm a customer care agent. (really frustrating)

Almost all my guys are living on their own, and to make matters worse, I can't receive any female visitor cos of my religious parents and lack of privacy.

On the flip side, I'm scared if a 30k monthly salary can be enough for a guy who wants to rent and probably furnish a self-con of 70-80k per year. (I'm not the extravagant type)

I've never lived alone so I'm really confused if I should make this move at this point in my life.

bro nothing sweet pass independence. Just hustle hard to earn more money.

1 Like

Re: 26 And Still Living With My Parents (advise) by Obere4u: 1:33pm On Aug 01, 2018
johnydon22:
Mine was 17k. No amount is ever too small to start a life with

True, Determination is all that matters.
Re: 26 And Still Living With My Parents (advise) by one4GOD(f): 1:34pm On Aug 01, 2018
LeoFish92:

Nothing wrong with that and at your age too. But ensure you do not take freedom for liberty to do what you want and how you want it. Make you parents proud by not over stepping boundaries and have them being called upon for one negative thing you have done. my take.
Re: 26 And Still Living With My Parents (advise) by GogetterMD(m): 1:40pm On Aug 01, 2018
LeoFish92:

You think you can form independent cause of that 30k per month abi? All you have highlighted as problems are just your youthful exuberance. Your parents haven't called you lazy or useless, still feed you. But no, you want to hangout with friends until 1am and carry slay queen feminists up and down.

Better wakeup and go hustle for yourself

1 Like

Re: 26 And Still Living With My Parents (advise) by chronique(m): 1:42pm On Aug 01, 2018
pocohantas:
Nothing wrong with seeking to move out of your parents house, but you want to do it for all the wrong reasons.

So, your definition of worse is that you can't receive female visitors?
Na with your 30k you wan use stay with woman PRIVATELY?

you this girl ehn,your mouth can scratch you! chai!!! grin
Re: 26 And Still Living With My Parents (advise) by Ishilove: 1:43pm On Aug 01, 2018
oyb:

I have started getting that. I was at a chicken Republic and the server was calling me daddy angry. I need to lose weight fast
Daddy wa cheesy
Re: 26 And Still Living With My Parents (advise) by robotix: 1:43pm On Aug 01, 2018
LeoFish92:

Finally, someone who has been in a similar situation, few days ago, I was on a sweet lovely date with one Chica bonita, Before I could say Jack, calls had started flowing in... SMH.

Talking about properties, first of all, My target is a room self-con, can't afford two rooms, and one room face me I face you is a total turnoff for me.

I already Have a mattress, I envisage it's mostly electronics and fridge that I will have to save for.

With Side hustles like playing musical instruments and writing yielding about 40k monthly, I Still plan to apply for a regular job.

And if there's vacancy for the company I write for, I'll sure notify you

Take that writing to fiverr and you will raise it to over 120k per month with serious hard work and determination.

1 Like

Re: 26 And Still Living With My Parents (advise) by Caseless: 1:44pm On Aug 01, 2018
LeoFish92:

na 30k de shak u like this.

Your parents are doing what they're supposed to do, and you're here lamenting. Go and ask those without parents and they'd tell you they wish they have someone to look after them like your parents are doing to you.

Just obey your parents and quit being spongy.

2 Likes

Re: 26 And Still Living With My Parents (advise) by byesense105: 1:44pm On Aug 01, 2018
BABA i can relate with you on so many levels.
however, you are going to have to endure for sometime
30k a month wont cut it. Don't know if you are even able to save anything at the end of the month
keep hustling for a better job, and, why don't you just stay at home and expand your online hustle, instead of going out and receiving calls like a call center agent smiley smiley smiley

By the way, please i am looking for any online hustle that can help me make money. Can you help a brother?
donlee235@gmail.com
thanks
Re: 26 And Still Living With My Parents (advise) by Ohidata: 1:45pm On Aug 01, 2018
Pocohontas, it's time he learnt how to start being a man gradually. Guy, swallow your pride. Draw up your plan and use some time to save up and then move to your own apartment. You may have to look for a better paying job though, cos the bills wud start mounting once you on your own.

pocohantas:
Nothing wrong with seeking to move out of your parents house, but you want to do it for all the wrong reasons.

Re: 26 And Still Living With My Parents (advise) by pocohantas(f): 1:50pm On Aug 01, 2018
chronique:

you this girl ehn,your mouth can scratch you! chai!!! grin

Forgive me embarassed
Re: 26 And Still Living With My Parents (advise) by BiafranBushBoy: 1:51pm On Aug 01, 2018
LeoFish92:

Trust me babe, when it comes to babes, I can be as shrewd as a serpent.

Thanks for your advice.

With this your mentality?

You are gonna end up broke...

1 Like

Re: 26 And Still Living With My Parents (advise) by Nobody: 1:59pm On Aug 01, 2018
Bros, Please how do I join the writing stuff so that I can help myself?
Luckyagbaze@gmail.com

LeoFish92:

Re: 26 And Still Living With My Parents (advise) by godfrey01(m): 2:04pm On Aug 01, 2018
you have to be on your own and take care of your responsibilities. if you like enter house the next day its your own cup of tea. afyer service I didnt go back home and iy has taught me a very great lesson. i enter my house anytime I like. the keys are my while my rent is still on...... my guy go rent your your apartment. nor even think am twice. even my smallie wants to go and live on his own...

1 Like

Re: 26 And Still Living With My Parents (advise) by LeoFish92(m): 2:14pm On Aug 01, 2018
joey150:

You're a very good writer?

Yes sir
Re: 26 And Still Living With My Parents (advise) by Nobody: 2:19pm On Aug 01, 2018
Luvdmx:

Because she's a lady means she can't survive on her own?

Guy grow up and stop this your myopic reasoning, this is 2018.
you are suppose to understand the angle I am coming from. How can she be comparing her situation to the guys own.Our environment has soft spot for women hustling, for me I can't count the ladies I give money for free without demanding anything from them.Moreover she has boyfriends that assist her.
Re: 26 And Still Living With My Parents (advise) by Nobody: 2:25pm On Aug 01, 2018
Ishilove:

Daddy wa cheesy

There is a difference na
She called me daddy because I look old
You call me daddy because of the way I hit it wink

2 Likes

Re: 26 And Still Living With My Parents (advise) by nnaemekanwachuk(m): 2:30pm On Aug 01, 2018
pocohantas:

how much can he use in staying with you..
Lazy dumb ass good for nothing begger

3 Likes

Re: 26 And Still Living With My Parents (advise) by Apina(m): 2:32pm On Aug 01, 2018
Evangkatsoulis:

Lol. This is not true na.
Rent is just N2500 per month in Ebrumede, Effurun.
Which area? Abeg PM me make we talk
Re: 26 And Still Living With My Parents (advise) by Boyooosa(m): 2:41pm On Aug 01, 2018
pocohantas:

Wetin concern u? grin
Re: 26 And Still Living With My Parents (advise) by Nobody: 2:43pm On Aug 01, 2018
cry Please marry me
Wilfredpat22:
Sir I am a woman and when I moved out of my parents home I was working in Mr Biggs as a attendant that serves meals

I was earning 25k and staying alone and slept on the floor. I was saving small small. I ate once a day to maintain my figure and I also sent some money to my grandma in the village

Re: 26 And Still Living With My Parents (advise) by Hungarriman: 3:00pm On Aug 01, 2018
pocohantas:

And you were using it to stay with women PRIVATELY? Lil wonder it took you another three years to blow grin. *runs outta thread*
I like this version of you.
Re: 26 And Still Living With My Parents (advise) by Arijude(m): 3:04pm On Aug 01, 2018
Wilfredpat22:

but you had a boyfriend who some times helped you financially na
Re: 26 And Still Living With My Parents (advise) by karlboss: 3:05pm On Aug 01, 2018
All lessons noted
Re: 26 And Still Living With My Parents (advise) by Waseelat76(f): 3:11pm On Aug 01, 2018
The best thing is to pray over it
Re: 26 And Still Living With My Parents (advise) by AfroSamurai: 3:16pm On Aug 01, 2018
pocohantas:

kiss kiss
Re: 26 And Still Living With My Parents (advise) by joey150(m): 3:17pm On Aug 01, 2018
LeoFish92:

Yes sir

Okay.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Lady Dies 2 Months After Her Wedding (Photos) / Young Nigerian Man Celebrates 6th Wedding Anniversary With His Older White Wife / See How Much I Give My Wife To Cook Food For Us Everyday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.